100 lb. Club - Working for Onederland - 299 to 200 - Part 3

Pages : [1] 2

geoblewis
03-17-2012, 08:08 PM
It's a new thread, for a new day, chickies! Start posting here!

geoblewis
03-18-2012, 02:40 PM
It's so meaningful for me to touch base with all of you today. I feel so blessed by the circle of support I've found at 3FC. Every woman should have pals like all of you!

It would have been my 28th wedding anniversary today. But instead, it's the two-year anniversary of my divorce. Two years ago I was feeling pretty demoralized and devastated. I really believed that I would never, ever find joy, strength or vitality ever again. But here I am, having all that and more in my toolbox!

I am so darn happy today! I have the best support system in place (here and with a new community of friends around me). I made my new life happen for myself, and I'm really proud of how far I've come in the last two years.

Two years from now, I hope to have the type 2 diabetes kicked, weight under 200 lbs and some really awesome muscles showing through, one kid off to a real college and out of my house, my business thriving and fully supporting me, owning my own home, living with integrity, authenticity and obnoxiously joyful!

Our past is merely our own heroic journey. We get to write our own story, and I'm finally having a great time writing mine!

Wishing you all a marvelous Sunday!

reena lee
03-19-2012, 12:14 AM
geoblewis - that was an awesome post, it made me so happy for you just reading it. Ive only been here a short time but I really hope that when you write something like that again in two years I can feel I took some part in that circle of friends you speak of!
I had good news come through also having to do with divorce only ... mine is that after 3 years (going on 4) my paperwork finally made it to a judge and within the next few weeks I should offically be FREE!!! Mine was an ugly marriage and a long dragged out divorce simply because he couldnt get kicked out of my life without making me miserable one last time! Gotta love some men!!
My scale jumped a bit over the past two days and I couldnt figure it out, well tonight I think I pegged it! Ive had less than or just about 1000 calories each day now for 3 days! OUCH! so tomorrow my goal is to bring that number back to a nice safe zone and hope to see the pounds shed away! I loved being 259 so much - I havent brought myself to change my ticker yet to the actual number of 262 - I keep hoping that maybe, just maybe tomorrow I wont HAVE to!
Good night ladies, and Georgia - congrats honey, as with anything you put your mind and heart into - you ARE victorious!

geoblewis
03-19-2012, 12:36 PM
Reena, you get credit for providing me with an accountability partner. It doesn't matter that you've been here for a shorter time, you're here when I needed you and I appreciate that. It's really helpful to me that I can come here and be straight about my weaknesses and when my plans fail and my head is not in the game, and I can talk it all out and get back on track. I appreciate being able to come here and share my successes, even if they're not a giant drop on the scale or inches off my inner thighs. And you've been here to listen to me and every other woman who comes here, to offer a virtual shoulder and pass around virtual hugs. :hug:

(I go to another website for support as well and they don't have any of those darling smilies! It's run by a couple of guys and their smilies are very unemotional.)

I'm happy that you have real freedom ahead of you really soon! It's a wonderful thing! I just love being truly free and unattached. When we are not having to hold back who we are and can live in authenticity and integrity, there is joy! I still have moments when I feel sad for being without a partner, but then I think about what I'll give up in order to have one and I don't truly believe I can find joy in the prospect of giving myself up again. And then the sadness melts away. I'm really comfortable on my own and by myself when I need to be, but I have lots of really good friends now too.

So, today I woke up with a high blood sugar. I had a big dinner which included bread and too much protein. When I do that, I seem to have higher blood sugars in the morning. I'm going to try to have my bigger meals at lunch from now on.

I really struggle with having regular meals. It seems to be important for people with diabetes, but I've never been someone who can do the regularly scheduled life. I don't go to bed at the right time, when my kids are home on weekends and during the holidays I sleep in...it's a cascade effect. Maybe it's time for me to figure out how to be more on a schedule.

Have a great day, my chickies! Catch you later!

GirlyGirl
03-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Hi ladies!

I'm joining in if you don't mind! I weighed in at 215 this morning, Onederland is so close I can taste it! Let's make this a great week, shall we? Spring is here, summer's right around the corner, and we have a chance to be even more comfortable in our skin for it! Let's do this!

shadowclaw
03-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Hello everyone. Just wanted to say that I'm closing in on the midpoint. Today I was at 260.8... only 10.8 pounds until 250! I can't believe I'm getting that close to 250. I mean, once I get past that mark, I will be closer to 200 than 300, and it will feel so good.

I have a big goal that I want to reach by November, too. I really, really, really want to hit Onederland by November. I'm planning to go to Costa Rica for a hummingbird research trip then, and I really want to look good! Not mention be in better shape for hiking and whatnot. As long as I stick to plan, I will probably be about 230 in July or August. So it will be a close call on whether or not I can reach Onderland in time for my trip, but we will see!

Jinxy
03-19-2012, 09:47 PM
Went camping this weekend and only gained a half of a pound back. I'm so glad it was only half of a pound I was so so afraid it would of been more. So now I'm at 271.2

Muggles
03-19-2012, 11:45 PM
geoblewis -- It sounds like you have grabbed life by the horns!! Great job!!

reena lee -- Those darn pounds just love to sneak back!! Glad you figured out why.

GirlyGirl -- Onederland is so close for you!! Great job girl!! Picking out a new swimsuit for summer??

shadowclaw -- a hummingbird research trip?? That sounds so interesting!!

Jinxy -- glad you only gained 1/2 pound. I think it is really hard when we are out of our routines!!

alyssarof2012
03-20-2012, 02:24 AM
I haven't been on here in forever. I start undergrad college in August, so I'd like to go in with the best me possible. Restarting my health journey today (it's 1:20ish in the a.m. currently). Hope to be posting some progress pics in the near future!

shadowclaw
03-20-2012, 09:53 AM
muggles - I actually just got back from a hummingbird research trip, and it was awesome. Hummingbirds are such interesting little creatures! I had never held birds before, either, and it was such a rush! There's a guy from South Carolina who researches Rubythroated Hummingbirds, and does several trips to Belize and Costa Rica where they spend the winter. I just did a trip to Belize with him, and I can't wait to go again.

geoblewis
03-20-2012, 11:36 AM
Good day to you, my chickies! Woke up obnoxious...just warning you!

GirlyGirl, I like your moniker! Welcome to our little enclave of determination and hope. I like the idea of being more comfortable in our skin for summer. I'm going to get a massage and a facial today just to work on that!

Shawdowclaw, excellent progress! 250 seems so far away to me. Heck, 290 does too! But there's no going back, is there. You just keep moving and I'll try to catch up!

Jinxy, I think it would be hard to camp and resist the temptations of camp cooking...beef jerkey, burned campfire pancakes with lots of syrup, macaroni and cheese with hot dogs, hot chocolate...I'm just gonna go fix a poached egg and spinach for myself now and try not to remember the aromas! You did great!

Alyssa, welcome back! I'm laughing at the 1:30 a.m. posting. So many times I've been up that late and on this board refocusing my plans for my health. Such a great resource. We could have been in the kitchen with spoon in hand, head in the freezer eating ice cream!

I'm struggling with a messed up schedule this week. My youngest has been off from school for spring break and he keeps me up late and then I sleep late, which sort of dominoes into the rest of my day. Must get back on schedule! I've been doing better with my blood sugar eating the small, evenly-spaced meals. When the blood sugar readings are too high, I don't seem to lose weight, even if I'm fasting. Just gotta cruise with the small meals. I hate it! But I'm sure once I really start dropping weight, I'll love it.

Have a great day!

loofa
03-20-2012, 09:15 PM
:) :) :) I am so happy! The scale this morning (my once-weekly official weigh-in morning) said 200!!!!!! I hope I can make 198 next week!! :D and if I don't, I'll blame the short-course of prednisone I'm starting today ;) Anyhow, I'm just so happy I had to spread the news!!

Good luck, everybody!!!! :D

loofa
03-20-2012, 09:25 PM
Also, I just have to say how inspiring it is to see peoples' tickers! I have been trying to lose weight for--15 years now? And in that time I gained 90 lbs! I finally met with a nutritionist and have figured out something that is working for a steady 2#/wk loss. But it is also really scary to think about losing 80 lbs, which is about how much I'd like to drop. Some of you have already done that, and I love seeing that. I don't know a single person in real life that has lost even a few pounds, much less many. *hugs* :yay:

Jinxy
03-20-2012, 10:05 PM
I'm down 1.8 pounds and am now 269.4 :D. I'm hoping it will stay but am going to save the celebration until it sticks :lol:.

Muggles - It can be hard the whole time I was wondering how much it would go up :lol:.

geoblewis - It was a little easier then I thought it would be. I have two boys around that like to eat and one especially loves bacon. My 9 year old is the one who loves bacon, we bought a whole pack to fry up for breakfast and I got about two slices the rest just seemed to keep disappearing on me when my back was turned :lol:. I didn't take beef jerky with me this time since I love the stuff, it is too much of a temptation for me to have around. My husband though bought the stuff for smores and I only had one.

xJox
03-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Hi everyone! I hope you don't mind me jumping in. I need some support and encouragement today. I'm getting very frustrated with myself and the scale. I am finding it harder and harder to stay on track with my calories and exercise. Since Jan 1 I am down 32 lbs and have walked 131 miles (not counting biked miles). Yet, the last 2 + weeks. I have been back and forth over the same 3 lbs. It is driving me nuts. I know I probably just need to weigh my food as well as measure and bump up the workouts.

I wish I could renew my membership at the gym. I am much more motivated when I go up there and work out. But at the moment I can't afford it. I have weights and a treadmill at home... but after a couple miles I am ready to give it up. It isn't as bad when I have a good book to read or something interesting to watch while I walk. I'm heading to the library this evening.

What is a good average to lose per month at my weight?

geoblewis
03-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Baileysmomma, so glad you can join us. Looking forward to hangin' with you!

As far as rate of weight loss, have you noticed how you've now lost 10% of your body weight? :carrot: That is so awesome! You're enjoying the first batch of health benefits from that, though you might not quite realize it yet. Excellent progress!

I can't say what a good rate of weight loss is for your body, but I've noticed a few people (as well as myself) realize that once we lose that first 10%, our bodies want to take a break from releasing the fat for a bit. And how long that bit is varies. So, please don't lose heart! Keep doing what you're doing! Your body will catch up with your efforts. The human body is a wonderous machine and it's very efficient. It loves to collect energy and hates to let any of it go. Losing weight is never a steady state. My weight loss chart looks like a funky, bumpy set of stairs, with some really long treads and not nearly enough risers (in my opinion). But, I have issues! You will no doubt get back to a losing trend very soon.

As far as actual hard numbers, we've all heard that one to two pounds a week is good, and for us bigger gals, up to three. But I just read recently that the heavier we are, losing quickly is good until we get down into the "overweight" stage, because the health benefits are what we're shooting for. I've also read that there is only so much excess fat that our livers can process into glycogen, so probably a maximum of eight pounds at your current weight. And remember, when you lose fat, that's not the same as losing weight. We're are bags of mostly water, so when a fat cell gets accessed for fuel, we shed a little fat but we shed mostly water. Sometimes our body just wants to hang on to that water in anticipation of fat getting stored back into the system. After a few days it gives it up.

On those weeks when your body is trying to figure out what to do, take your measurements or notice how your clothes are feeling on you. Are they looser? If so, you're still progressing in the right direction!

I understand about hanging on to activities that motivate you. I have a whole gym in my garage that doesn't get used lately because I'm enjoying my Pilates classes so much. I have good friends in my class, but only spiders in the garage and they just don't get my jokes! But sometimes I can do the workouts in there if I've got distractions, like good music or a dvd playing on my laptop. Sometimes I open the garage door and enjoy talking to the neighbors as they walk by. I put my rowing machine in front of the TV in the living room.

I've learned that for me, exercising is about building and maintaining mucsle and cardiovascular health and to help manage blood sugar levels. I don't count calories burned from exercise. I could never exercise enough! I really have to concentrate a lot on cutting calories from food because that's really what's going to shed the pounds and keep my blood sugar levels in a healthy range.

Okay, hope that's not too much info overload! Keep up the great work! I hope you can find alternatives to the gym that are just as motivating for you.

xJox
03-21-2012, 12:53 PM
No, there is never too much info. I appreciate it all.

I have been keeping up with my measurements by the month, but I may break out the measuring tape just to see if I have lost. My clothes are looser, but I don't know if they are looser than they were 2 weeks ago. I honestly haven't paid that much attention. I guess I pay too much attention to the scale.

Thank you for your help!

geoblewis
03-21-2012, 01:46 PM
http://www.hungryforchange.tv/online-premiere

Free to watch online for the next 10 days. I found it very validating to what I'm shooting for, checking out of the madness of the modern world of eating!

Chain
03-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Alyssa - Are you moving to start college? A change of scenery can be exactly what you need, as long as you do a little planning in advance. Make sure you know where to get healthy food, and what the campus's work-out facilities are like and what their hours are.

It can be especially hard to transition from a house where you live with 4-5 other people to living on your own, or with only a room mate you just met. Remember you are never too old for a stuffed animal to keep you company, plus they are great listeners!

If you're not moving, a lot of my advice still stands. Find out where on campus you can find healthy food and be ready to take advantage of the campus gym; it's covered by your tuition! :cheer:

Also
I have good friends in my class, but only spiders in the garage and they just don't get my jokes!
LOL!

ladygirl99
03-21-2012, 09:20 PM
Weigh in At 209.3 OMG It feels like a dream I'm actually getting my life back. 9 more pounds and I am out of the 200's woohoo!!

Change4Life
03-21-2012, 10:35 PM
Wish me luck!

I was so tired of seeing the same numbers on the blasted scale I decided to do something drastic. I've revamped my eating, avoiding any carbs in the evenings, drinking twice as much water, started walking every day and even started with weights today. I refuse to step on the scale until Monday. THERE BETTER BE A CHANGE!! So want to be in the 240's before March is over.

Nice reading your posts. Wishing you all success!

OH....Sunday I'm going to see Mary Poppins on stage in Nashville! So excited!!

Donna from TN

loofa
03-21-2012, 10:40 PM
Donna, I'm pulling for you!

geoblewis
03-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Good morning chickies!

Woke up early to deal with high morning blood sugar issues. I just weighed myself...I think the current plan of very small evenly spaced meals is starting to work! Too soon to report a new low weight, but I'm so close!

Go Lady! Go Donna! :carrot: Go Loofa! On the cusp of your next success!!

I'm checking out for the weekend, I think. I'm going to L.A. till Monday. Visiting a friend. I'm staying right by the beach, so I intend to walk a lot while my friend is at work tomorrow. Hoping I can stay on track with the food choices. It's tough when I travel, but I think I can do it this time. No eating out!

qtapostolic
03-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Georgia I hope you have a wonderful time visiting your friend and walking on the beach!
Right now I'm kicking myself:kickbutt: I went on a long but quick trip to Atlanta this past weekend and found myself at the Hard Rock Cafe and the Cheesecake Factory. :drool::eating2::hungry: When I left for the trip I was 208.2 and came back at 212.6:mad:
I'm hoping I can wash some of it away with a healthy amount of water over the next few days, but I really have got to be conscience of my caloric intake if I want to ever see onederland;) My b-day is on April 27 and originally I was hoping to see onederland by then:?: oh well, whatever the case may be, I can't give up EVER! I've already been able to get into smaller clothes and feel better running around with the kids outside, so I want more!

suzukigurl
03-22-2012, 01:24 PM
So I still have a little ways to go but I really feel like Onelanders in an attainable goal. I really can't remember for sure the last time I was under 200 lbs but if I had to take a guess I would say JR High?!?!? Wow that was awhile ago, I've lost 41.5 lbs so far so that puts me at 243.5 :D so 44 more lbs and I'll be there! So excited about this journey and I can't believe after years and years of being so unhealthy how great if feels to be healthy happy and fit!

reena lee
03-23-2012, 11:53 PM
tonight just before I head to bed I pop on this site and see all the wonderful posts! it makes me soooo happy for you all.
I have a confession to make however - Ive been stopping in and reading but making no effort to post because I had been bouncing back and forth 3lbs. which was making me very upset, I thought i had it all figured out and still for a week or better the darn scale failed to show id figured it out. so since I refused to reset my ticker, I also refused to post because I had nothing good to say about being on plan!! lol
Now first I would like to throw out there that today, even though Ive not made it to 259 again, I hit 260.1 today! I had been jumping from 262 to 265 and once to 266 which just made me cuss the scale out!
I even said the heck with my plan and went and had ice cream, best part was it tasted like crap and I only ate two bites!
I wasnt lasting long on my treadmill because Id get bored so my boyfriend bought me a kindle and wished me the best with it. I set that baby up and started off walking - next thing I knew i had been there 54 minutes!
Now he has helped me make time everyday to walk a min of a half hour while reading with my kindle, Im sticking to my plan much better now and Im feeling good again about it all. (but im still not changing my ticker!!)
I got a phone call from my lawyers the 19th of march and my divorce has FINALLY come through! Im FREE!!! now my boy friend and I can get more serious about figuring out a date to make things "right" and offical between us (before anyone judges please understand my marriage has been almost 12 yrs but ended over 6 yrs ago, Ive been working very hard on a divorce for over 3 years now, ever since I decided I could trust the man Im with now enough to marry him) So that was very exciting for me and all the more reason for me to work harder at dropping this weight!
I have a VERY VERY bad fear of snakes and I live in upstate ny in a swampy town where snakes are pretty common to be seen. I havent seen one yet this year but my fear is overcoming my willfullness to step outside more and more each day. My plan was once the weather broke I would get my bike out and spend some time on that along with my treadmill walking. Bike is all ready ... I? am NOT! Not to say Ive not tried, I did ride for about 10 minutes but then as I passed over a twig that I THOUGHT may have been a snake, I almost died and that was the end of that.
I had gotten myself under control for a while, but the fear is back and its worse than it has ever been. last year I helped my parents out with their yard work and as I was putting stuff away - they have a pullbarn and I saw a snake going into it... now I have to enter their house through the side door because the pull barn is too near the front door and Im SO afraid that thing is just sitting there waiting for me. My 11 yr old was looking forward to our bike rides together - Ive tried to explain to him, he says to me "ma that is the craziest thing Ive ever heard, its not like they will chase you or anything, they dont do that!" PFFFFTTT!!! what does he know! :)
I seriously need to find some way I can enjoy the nice weather with my kids without the constant fear that I will encounter one of those devilish things and be eaten alive... I try all the time to tell myself Im ready to face my fear, and then when the time comes I put it off until tomorrow.. its just too much to have to go through. Even after just writing this I will most likely have horrid nightmears of the creatures... may God save me from that!
On a much better note (and to get my mind off from that which I fear the most) my mother had spent 5 days in the hospital and I brought her home yesterday, she is doing wonderful and needed no other surgery to help her along. She is such an amzing woman and I love her so much. She spends hours upon hours making these beautifully handmade cards and sends them to people she most of the time doesnt even know, just word of mouth someone is sick, or has cancer, or lost a loved one ... whatever the case may be, mom makes up a card and sends it off trying to reach out and touch the heart of a stranger with her artwork! So I have called upon my family and friends to give her a card shower while shes in recovery, sending her (I hope) hundreds of cards all filled with not such much personal artwork as hers, but just as much love and blessings. I feel very proud of myself for setting up such a thing for my dear mom.
Well Im off to bed now - thanks for listening to my rambles and for being there when I returned from my "personal leave" :)

Carrie101
03-24-2012, 12:01 AM
HI everyone! Can just any weirdo join here!? I'm not really weird...but I really would love to join your club here. I weigh in at 290 and I AM working towards Onederland...it's one of my dreams! I have not worn a pair of jeans in 20 some years and that is My SECOND goal! I was reading some posts here and you all seem so VERY nice :D I have been looking for places to fall into all night here on the site! I think I may have found one!

Carrie101
03-24-2012, 12:06 AM
Reena, what a great post and that helps ME to realize that ppl DO make mistakes. I'm always afraid to show up and post too if I do badly. Glad you are back here though! That's what matters. P.S. I wouldn't change my ticker either ;) Your not gonna need to in a day or too anyhow, why go through that work!

loofa
03-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Whoa Reena Lee! So much going on for you!!! My weight popped up some earlier this week, and I got SO MAD. I was going to go get a donut but they were out of the kind I wanted. Whew, lucky me!

It is great you have found a way to make the treadmill interesting. And CONGRATS on your divorce and your good relationship now!! :D

geoblewis
03-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Reena, I'm so happy that you're free! You are so full of joy right now! Thank you for sharing it! You know, you don't always have to come here to report positive progress. Sometimes (heck, a lot of times for me) we get stuck on a serious plateau or we wake up after a day (or three) of hormonal indulgence, or we just want to share a mixed bag of emotions that will lead us to poor choices if we don't get it out of our skulls...don't have to only report the victories. Sometimes I just lurk here because I actually have nothing to say (*gasp* I know! I'm kinda shocked too!). No quotas of participation in order to be a member of THE MOST AWESOME THREAD ON THIS BOARD!! I'm just sayin'...;)

Carrie, welcome to our little enclave of awesomeness! So happy to have you join us! I'm right behind you at 293 (+_ 5lbs.) so we'll be hanging around here and having fun for a while. I'm an excrutiatingly slow looser. But I will never give up!

I'm in my hotel room with a tense yummy this morning. Don't know what I ate that made it like this, but I really just want to stay in my room and watch TV all morning. I walked three miles yesterday, saw al the pretty sail boats in the marina, heard the seals barking in the water. Wish I could go out on a boat and see the migrating whales, but no one to go with. My friend has to work today. We'll go shopping later. And we're singing karaoke tonight!

Wyllowbelle
03-24-2012, 01:33 PM
I am so stuck and complacent. I seem to think not gaining is the same as still losing. I'm Still at 243 and my exercising has ceased to exist due to college stress and a million other excuses. I really REALLY need a kick in the priorities pants.

Why is it that when life gets crazy we put ourselves at the bottom of the list? I mean, sometimes it's a very nice way to excuse yourself out of things you really don't want to be doing (even if they are good for you). But I LOVE juicing. I LOVE to work out. I LOVE learning to run.

I live with my parents currently while my partner finishes his Economics degree (he graduates this week!!!!) My parents, both diabetic and one with congestive heart failure, have been lapsing into having cheesecake and cookies and other crap in the house. When I'm all strong and on fire about this weight loss journey, its like I don't even see that crap (although I HATE that they feed it to my children when I'm not around). But this morning I got up and had THREE nasty big butter cookies with my morning cup of coffee. What happened to the girl who would wake up, work out, and Juice?

I get to go to the gym today (be gone, vile butter cookies!!!) but what I need is some sort of way to respark my excitement about me and this healthy lifestyle I'm chosing. I've always been the biggest woman in the family, so often I thought (at my heaviest) "If I could only get down to a size 18/20 I'd be happy because that's what is 'normal' in my family." Now I'm there and it's almost like I'm letting that idea (burned into my head for the last decade +) give me permission to just quit. But let's be honest... 243 lbs (though worlds away from 307) is not healthy enough for my body or me.

So - any ideas on how to restart my motivation for this? 1 positive thing - Mr Kiki gets home in a week, so there will be more time for working out. I'm really hoping that helps, but unless I get motivated, I don't think it will solve it.

- Kiki

Chain
03-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Wyllowbelle What works for me when I need to re-motivate is going out and buying stuff related to the lifestyle I'm trying to cultivate. I find books work the best for me personally and have the added benefit of not breaking the bank, but something else might work better for you. What matters is you get a shiny new toy and that helps to turn loosing weight back into a game!

Change4Life
03-25-2012, 07:48 AM
The past week I have been angelic! I mean, since starting this journey in September, I've stayed on plan (with the exception of a few days at Christmas) but I've added exercise and more water and moved my main meal to lunch rather than dinner. Been eating tons of salad and veggies.

Seriously dedicated. Hoping make the scale move, but alas...it has not. Over 3 weeks at the same weight and a slap in the face...I'm up a pound!!!

I just don't get it.

I will keep on, but I feel like I'm destined to be at 255 the rest of my life.

geoblewis
03-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Kiki and Donna, I seriously identify with how both of you feel. I like the discussion of factors that keep us going, moving forward. What we're doing here is hard, not because of what we're doing, but the emotional effort seems to be overwhelming at times
We pour ourselves into the exercise, cutting calories, measuring our bodies in so many different ways, as well as the food...and even when it seems like we are doing quite a lot, there's always one more thing we think we can tweak to get that number on the scale to move in the right direction. We know that giving up and going back is not an option. It just isn't. Nobody chooses that consciously.

It's our state of mind that we're working on here in the long haul. If we can figure out how to tap into finding a peace of mind in the midst of this process, if we can find and maintain real joy in ourselves as we are, then when we achieve our weight goals, we'll arrive with all the tools we need to be happy when we get there, as well as maintaining that all along the way. Believe me when I tell you there's plenty of thin people who are miserable with who they are in their thin states.

It's okay to be dissatisfied with the number on the scale. As long as it doesn't color your whole world view. I don't know why the weight loss doesn't happen when we're being perfect. But I do know that we're unhappy and seriously frustrated when we don't get the instant gratification for our Herculean efforts. We think the scale is the only measurement that validates what we're doing. WE know what we put into this. I'm certainly not going to let a mechanical device tell me how to feel about that! I will keep getting mad at it when it doesn't tell me what I want, but it doesn't define me in any way.

Figure out how to be happy in the moment. Live with integrity and authenticity and you'll remain in that state of joy along your entire path towards your goal weight...and beyond! You have all the power. The scale has none!

CaliforniaDreamer
03-25-2012, 02:29 PM
SW: 295
CW: 254 (-41)
GW: 199

41 lbs down, 55 lbs to go.

Change4Life
03-26-2012, 12:09 AM
So I have a plan.

I reread some of my posts. Back in November I was on a 2 - 3 week plateau. I got off of it by zig zagging calories. Meaning, you add up how many calories you are supposed to eat over a 4 - 5 day period, and eat low - high - low - high - low. The idea is to trick your metabolism to get it cranking.

Since yesterday was a low day, I used today as a high day (oh.my.gosh. I feel like such a glutton!!) Tomorrow will be low, and Tuesday high, etc. I will weigh Thursday and HOPEFULLY see a result. In November when I did this I lost 6 pounds.

While looking over my last couple of weeks (Ive actually been at the same weight for a MONTH!!) I see that I'm never even reaching the top of my allowed calories, plus I'm burning more with walking and exercise. I wonder if my body has gone into starvation mode and imaybe that is why.

We will see what happens by Thursday!! I promise to post.

ChouKoe
03-26-2012, 01:28 AM
Hi! Can I join?

I've been lurking this group for a while and got about 150 to lose. I'm going to try change4life's method because I have been stuck in the 300's for a month!!! I'm a step away from the 299's.

geoblewis
03-26-2012, 04:08 AM
ChouKoe...of course you can join! When I weigh in at home, I'm below 300 lbs. But at my doctor's office, it weighs me at just over. I hate that! So I keep my focus on the lower number and I don't feel so defeated.

Donna, I hope the zigzagging gives you what you're looking for. From what I've been reading lately from the sciency people, real starvation mode doesn't really come into play unless you've depleated all your fat reserves. You've been exercising and that will build muscle, which will increase your metabolism. Just a little. I like the idea of keeping your body guessing with the calories. Because to wants to find a steady state and hang on to every ounce, just in case there's a famine!

I was quite naughty this evening! Two margarita's, tortilla chips, lots of Mexican eats at my nephew's party. I danced, but not nearly enough! I already feel bloated and my hands feel puffy. I'm really scared to weigh in when I get home! Maybe I'll ask my son to hide the scale from me before I get home. I really don't want to get discouraged!

I miss my bed. I miss my computer!

qtapostolic
03-26-2012, 09:53 AM
well I posted here about a week ago, needing a kick in the pants, and i guess I got what I needed, lol, cuz I've stayed on plan and lost all that nasty poundage I gained on my trip!:D I'm even less now than when I left:carrot: My goal for this month was to be 205 and I'm at 206.8 with a few days left to go, yay! I think April will be my Onederland month! Just in time for my b-day on the 27th.
I've wanted to just give up so many times when the scale seemed to bounce and not give but 3FC has given me the extra kick I've needed to keep going and i'm SO happy I have! I've lost 10% now and feel so much better already. I know it can be so discouraging to feel like all the hard work is for nothing, but we have to remind each other that it's not for nothing, we are getting healthier, our waist are getting smaller, and eventually the scale will catch up with a nice whoosh!
I've avoided posting a few times when I knew I wasn't doing so great, but when I finally "faced the music" it really helped me get back on track;) I want to give a big thank you to all you ladies who have shown the courage to put yourselves 'out there' on this forum. I love it here!:grouphug:

zinkemomx2
03-26-2012, 08:10 PM
I'm dying here. Seriously. I think I might croak in my sleep from lack of oxygen. We had some record breaking heat last week and now all the plants are starting to bud early. Now we are under freeze advisories and my head is a mess. My nose is so plugged up I can't even get my neti pot to clear it for a few minutes. I've tried all the allergy meds in the house as well as the cold meds.

I'm trying hard to focus my housing frustration issues towards more activity instead of food. I'm not losing that battle but I'm not winning either. I have been getting regular walks so that is good. I've even upped my weekly walking commitment.

If I'm feeling better Wednesday morning I'll give you a text Kelly about walking together. Off to curl up on the couch to sleep so I don't wake DH up.

Change4Life
03-27-2012, 08:48 AM
Bought a new Bike. It's a beauty! One of the retro cruisers. Took it out for a spin yesterday. When I was getting off of it, my pant leg got caught and I lost control and I came crashing down along with the bike. Thank God no one was there watching.

I'm on Plavix, so the blood was pouring from my elbow. I hurt my knee and have a bruise the size of a grapefruit on the back of my thigh.

Taking today off to heal. Bummer.

The good thing is I took the brunt of the fall. The bike didn't get a scratch!
: )

qtapostolic
03-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Sorry you got hurt Donna:hug: Injuries is why I've had to learn to count on my diet for weight loss. 6 yrs ago I depended on tons of exercise and still ate whatever I wanted so when I hurt my back and knee, the weight came flooding back:(

I'm getting so close to onederland! It makes me want to fight!:sumo:

zinkemom this weather has been playing with my head too, hope ur feeling better soon! I have to leave town for Wed. but hopefully we can get together Fri? I'll text you about it! I love walking with you cuz you push me!

ksails
03-27-2012, 10:53 AM
Hey! Looks like i will fit in here also! ( hope nobody minds :) )
Ive been on a weightloss journey for a year, and i have lost 69 pounds, will be 70 pounds hopefully this week. I have been looking for some wonderful ladies to cheer on, and i need a little inspiration myself sometimes lol. Im 38, ive got 3 teenagers in the house and a 4 year old (the 4 year old keeps everyone in check LOL) Im trying to come up with a before and in progress picture, trouble is i didnt really (and still dont) like pictures taken of myself.

Change4Life
03-27-2012, 01:20 PM
:welcome:ksails

We all need a cheering section.

I've lost about the same amount, and have been stuck at 255 - 256 for a month. DRIVING ME CRAZY. If I ever see the 240's I think I may faint.

Hope you hit that -70 soon!!

Donna

geoblewis
03-27-2012, 02:01 PM
ksails, caught you on the diabetes forum. Welcome to our group here. I'm new to the diabetes forum, but I think I'm the old girl here.

I'm just back from L.A. My blood sugar readings are telling on me and my indulgences over the weekend. Actually didn't do too badly. Didn't gain anything. It was a good break from life at home. But I'm very happy to get back on track today.

About to head out for Pilates. Have a lovely day!

ChouKoe
03-27-2012, 11:34 PM
I'm finish with college stuff so I can focus on me for now...been slacking off in workouts.

Tonight I'm going to try to squeeze in a 4 mile walk!

Jinxy
03-28-2012, 12:21 AM
:wave: Everyone I just thought I'd stop in to update everyone on myself. I hope everyone is having a great day, week or month weight wise.

I've just noticed that by taking away the Coke/Pepsi factor in trying to loose weight that my ups and down haven't been as drastic as they have been in the past. I now drink sweet tea half cut when I am out. Also, I have noticed that when I do drink Coke or Pepsi that I find them too sweet now. So, I think that has helped me stay away from them as well. I am now down to 269.2 as of today but no telling if that will bounce yet or not, :crossed: that it stays the same or goes down tomorrow. Finding out that I lost weight today (instead of gained) was a boost in my day :lol:.

zinkemomx2
03-28-2012, 09:39 AM
I love walking with you cuz you push me! Here I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure I walked faster with you than I did alone. Hopefully by Friday I will be mobile again.

Bought a new Bike. Thank God no one was there watching. The bike didn't get a scratch!
: )

Yay for the new bike. I'm glad there were no witnesses to your fall. Sounds like you need some arnica gel for your bruise.

So I've been sick since Friday. I assumed it was allergy related because of our heat wave last week and all the trees budding and I was out raking the lawn. I had been using the neti pot but it wasn't doing anything. I had to go to the doc on Monday for my annual thyroid check and the doc asked me if I wanted something for my nasal congestion. I turned her down. Stupid on my part. By 5pm that night I couldn't breath or swallow and I had a killer fever. Woke up Tuesday morning with strep spots on my throat. Back to the doctor for an antibiotic. The good news is I am down 7.2lb since Monday morning thanks to some mild dehydration and not being able to eat anything other than popsicles and applesauce. I did graduate to some mashed taters late last night. I HATE being sick.

ksails
03-28-2012, 10:38 AM
im up in weight today 266.0.. stupid Tom

mom2gbsb
03-28-2012, 05:24 PM
I am hoping I can jump right in. I could definitely use the motivation and push from all here. Last year this time I was in onederland after many years of not being there. I actually got down to 189. Wow!! and totally blew it!! Did I appreciate being there? Obviously not, because I slowly but surely pushed myself right out and within months I ballooned up to 228 which I immediately put a stop to on March 5, 2012 my start date for my new healthy lifestyle of calorie counting. At my last weigh-in on 3/19/2012 I was 224 (yeah -4.0 loss). My next weigh-in 4/2/2012 I hope to lose another 3 to 4 - we shall see. I plan to weigh in every 2 weeks...every week drives me insane. Can't do that torture. After reading all the success stories I truly believe it is possible to see 140 again...I am definitely pushing for it..I believe I can achieve it with hard work and dedication.

Need the support!! Thanks!!

CaliforniaDreamer
03-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Wow, I've lost 40 lbs. I've never lasted this long on a weight loss journey. lol I can't wait until I'm in the 240's because then I'll be closer to 199 than I am to 299 lol. I really hope I can be in the 100s by summer and I hope I can meet my goal by this time next year or at the end of the year. The biggest problem I have is figuring out my calories. I workout everyday at the same time but I guess my choices in food could be better. 40 lbs in 4 months is beyond great.

Good luck ladies. :D

CW: 252 (-43)

43 lbs down, 53 lbs to go.

mom2gbsb
03-28-2012, 05:46 PM
CaliforniaDreamer - 40lbs in 4 months is awesome!!!
I would love to average 10lbs/month...I am happy if I can average 6-8 on my journey. Many posters say freedieting.com offer caloric guides ..so check it out..but keep in mind if you are diligently working out daily as you do, you need to be diligent about feeding your body healthy and nutritious food too. Keep up the good work!!!

geoblewis
03-28-2012, 08:17 PM
Hey chickies! Hope you're all doing well. Welcome to mom2gbsb! Glad to have you here! We fuel our support and motivation with acceptance and love :hug: and lots of carrots here...:carrot::carrot::carrot: Hope that works for you!

CADreamer, I'm envious at your rate of weight loss too! So proud of your focus! :carrot: Rock on, girlfriend! You will be losing quickly because you're young and you're still building muscles. Enjoy that! Once you blow the doors off the 200s, your rate of loss will slow down. That's okay, it's supposed to happen. Don't get discouraged by it.

I am still trying to find balance in my home since the escalation of my type 2 diabetes, and now the new dog. Because my blood sugar gets so high in the mornings, I have to get that under control before I can go back to the intense morning exercise. My dog, however, seems to need A LOT of exercise and I'm the only one home during the day. I'm back on track since getting home, cutting calories overall and controlling carbs, so my morning blood sugar is coming down a little and I can take Daisy for a walk a little later in the morning. But she's on the verge of destroying my house every day! And after our walks she doesn't nap much. She just wants to play. I can't seem to get any work done till my son comes home, and by then I'm exhausted. Seems like I can only work at night when everyone's in bed. I don't like this schedule at all! And I miss my regular Pilates schedule!

Still, there is no going back and no giving up! Carrots for me too!:carrot::carrot:

ladygirl99
03-29-2012, 07:45 AM
This Is surreal almost out if the 200s weigh in today 201.4 woohoo!!
Very happy this morning.

Change4Life
03-29-2012, 08:36 AM
I think I am destined to weigh 255 for the rest of my life.
AN ENTIRE MONTH without losing a pound!! On plan, plenty of water, exercising. I've even become more diligent with counting calories and making the majority veggies and very lean protein. But, I am completely stuck.
Granted, 255 is better than 313, but

IT JUST STINKS.

mom2gbsb
03-29-2012, 10:48 AM
Good Morning all...
Georgia thanks!! loving the carrots...I hope things turn around with getting the new doggie under control and on schedule and you getting back to your workouts.
Ladygirl - 93lbs down and at 201...AWESOME!!!
Change4life-please do not get discouraged - you lost almost 60lbs...sometimes the body stalls. I dont know much and maybe the experts can chime in...but maybe change up carbs or something. Because if you are doing the lean protein, water and exercise...maybe carbs could be the problem. JUST DONT GIVE UP!! your name says it all...you are making a change4life...so believe in yourself...you will break through 255!!!

ksails
03-29-2012, 12:06 PM
Every one seems to be doing so great! even you change4life.. you have not gained a thing in a month i bet youve cwapped out some pudge for sexie muscle!!
I met my 70 pounds lost goal today, and exceeded it im now at -71 pounds! go me!!

SW 336.4
LW 266 (yesterday stupid tom)
CW 263.2
goal #1 240 by june 2012

geoblewis
03-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Change4life - I'm dealing with the big stall after a 60 lb loss too. I seem to drop 5 lbs then stall out for weeks and weeks. Or actually, bounce around in a 10 lb range. I don't like it either!!!!!! I look forward to being entirely in the 280s range, or at least to forever leave behind 295.

What really seems to make it happen for me is when I really keep control on the food. For me, that means I keep calories low (under 1400) consistently for about a week, and make sure my blood sugar levels stay well under 120 for the second half of the day, which means keeping carbs really low. I can't always maintain that control. Especially if I'm exercising, because I'm so hungry! Or I have a period of time when my sleep patterns are off. If I'm tired, I tend to overcompensate with food.

The diabetes seems to be serving a purpose. I can eat smaller portions now because I'm just too afraid to overeat and make my blood sugar go up. This morning I ate just 40 calories more than yesterday at breakfast and my blood sugar was up 30 points over yesterday. I had doubled carbs and protein while lowering fats, and that really affected the blood sugar. So, no more of that!

This makes eating no fun!!!! I am off for a walk with Miss Daisy. She's driving me crazy!

silentarctic
03-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Hey Girls.

Had a fab lunch trying not to go back for seconds, whole grain bread, with turkey slices, a single slice of havarti , a pickle (not so great on the salt) and mustard. And spinach salad with half an orange and a couple of tbsp of almond slices. Big but I'm sort of enjoying this week before I go back into a super restrictive mode, easing my way back in eating good foods, and trying to dejunkify somewhat before monday when I plan to start calorie counting again in a push to lose afew lbs before summer. Lts of veggies and fiber right now haven't completely axed the junk but trying to cut it down again.

Georgia - Hope the blood sugars even out i know my dad struggled a lot with that. He is very strict about what he eats now almost the same thing every day and it looks like such tiny portions to me i need to get there soon. Interms of the restrictive diet. I figure I'll shift back to healthy foods and slowly restrict more and more as weight slowly slowly comes off again.

change4life - good to vent, you'll get through this and the lbs will start coming off again eventually. Enjoy the maintenance, I know that seems hard but I always tell myself that my body probably appreciates time to adjust after changes so its not actually a bad thing your staying on plan and as long as you don't let that change the weight will start coming off again. :)

MrsTee
03-30-2012, 12:34 AM
Hey All!!

Just a qiuick fly by to say I am alive and kicking but without a scale, as mime has died.
I have lost inches since Xmas, and really am quite enjoying not having the tyranny of the scaly monster every morning. BUT I will buy one soon, just to see if it has moved. I have been not fabulously correct, but more correct than not - so hopefully will see a new number!

Change4Life
03-30-2012, 08:39 AM
OH MY GOSH!

IT MOVED!!!

Yesterday I was 256.4

Today I am 253.0

One Dancing Smiley for each 5 pounds lost!

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:
:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

I surely am tasting the 240's this morning! : )

ksails
03-30-2012, 11:20 AM
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]OH MY GOSH!

IT MOVED!!!

Yesterday I was 256.4

Today I am 253.0

Still thrilled for you!!! yah!!!!!!:carrot:

silentarctic
03-30-2012, 11:57 AM
Mrs Tee - So good to see you! I'm sure you will see a new number when you get that scale!

change4life - Yeah! glad to see you got results hanging in there workt out !

ChouKoe
03-30-2012, 02:10 PM
OMG THAT'S GREAT! Nice job change4life

Amy23
03-30-2012, 10:58 PM
Can I join in?!

I've gone from 307 to 289 in a relatively short space of time - a little over three weeks, I think. I haven't been in the 280's for years but this morning, sure enough, I was down a pound. Exactly 90 pounds to go till onederland!

shadowclaw
03-30-2012, 11:26 PM
I've been behaving badly the past few days. I've definitely been over-eating due to snacks, and I've had all these terrible cravings for candy (and I totally gave in yesterday and binged on swedish fish). I started a new exercise video this week (Chicometrics) for strengthening and toning, so perhaps the increase in exercise is making me hungry. The candy thing is probably because my time of month is coming up.

I went on a shopping trip today and bought myself some healthy whole grains and beans. I've decided to try following the Carb Lover's Diet, which is basically a low-cal diet that requires 10-20 grams per day of something called resistant starch, which is found in a variety of carb-rich foods like pasta, beans, bananas, and potatoes. The resistant starch is supposed to help promote fat burning and decrease the amount of calories absorbed. Since it's still low calorie (and that's the plan I've been following), I figure it can't hurt! Besides, I like carbs.

It will also help get me back to the "whole foods" approach that I started with. I've gotten away from it, and I definitely have seen a slow-down in weight loss. I was thinking about my recent trip to Belize over spring break and how I ate plenty of food but lost about 7 pounds. Part of it was because I was very active during the trip (lots of walking around all day). But I think the other part was that we were eating lots of natural food and very little processed food. We were also getting a lot of resistant starch, as I found out when I was reading about the Carb Lover's Diet. So I'm thinking that following this plan might really help.

Jinxy
03-31-2012, 01:06 AM
Hello everyone :wave:
Congrats :yay: Change4Life , glad it finally moved for you.

Update:
To date I have lost 12.3 pounds. I am now at 265.7. I'm just kind of on edge that it will bounce back up after my TOM.

geoblewis
03-31-2012, 08:47 PM
Wow Amy! Nice momentum there! Well done! So glad to have you here with us.

I was just reading about resistant starch too, shadowclaw. I ordered some Hi-Maize corn starch from King Arthur Flour. I plan to make some pancakes with it that also includes buckwheat and coconut flour. I miss pancakes! I also miss eating legumes, which I see is also on the resistant startch list. But they make my blood sugar spike, so I have to avoid them. I really, REALLY hope the Hi-Maize corn starch doesn't affect me negatively!

Just touching base here...glad to see everyone! Mrs. T and silentarctic, I have missed you! Amazing how our "gang" has grown in numbers here! Love all the added support and enthusiasm!

I feel cold and I want to nap...TTFN

CaliforniaDreamer
04-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Thanks mom2gbsb & geoblewis!

geoblewis: My dad said the same thing! I kind of figured it would also lol. I’m just hoping I will be out of the high 200s by the time it does slow down.

SW: 292
CW: 251 (-41)

41 lbs down, 52 lbs to go.

mom2gbsb
04-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Hello all...reporting in today. Working my way towards my goal. After 2 weeks I am down -3.0. Yeah!!! I will take it. So far its been 4 weeks and I can honestly say I am loving this. I don't feel like I am on a restricted diet. I get to enjoy the food. True I do not eat anything and everything, and I will occassionally have chocolate and doritos, but not everyday and not the whole bag. I like that I can eat good and flavorful food and still lose 3.0 in 2 weeks...not complaining at all. I am so close to the 210s...I hope to be there come 4/16 weigh-in...at 221 I can only hope the scale says 217-218 on 4/16...let's hope!! just got to get better at exercising..uggh now that eating is controlled got to move a little more...was walking when the weather was warmer..now it is back crummy here in NJ...no excuse..got to get out there and just do it!!

Change4Life
04-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Trying on clothes this morning. Shirts and pants that were too small for me, that I either bought hoping to someday wear, or got off ebay and they were too small or I had long since outgrew. I figured they would be my spring wardrobe.

Not a chance. Everything is HUGE. Not, "Gee, that's a little loose, but I can wear it for a while" big, but "falling off just no way in the world I could ever wear that in public" big.

While I'm ecstatic that I'm shrinking!!!! It does leave a closet pretty empty! Not a bad problem to have, however! : )

I'm finding myself with a huge grin as I write this. I feel so blasted successful!

mom2gbsb
04-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Change4Life...that is a lovely problem to have...hope to have that soon too...keep up the good work!!

silentarctic
04-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Change4Life - yes great problem to have :-D

zinkemomx2
04-02-2012, 08:59 PM
That is awesome Change4Life! Keep up the great job.

I'm exhausted. Mentally and physically. My mind has been through the wringer these last few weeks worrying about having to move. Well, we have made some decisions and have decided to accept the rent increase the landlord is asking for. In return, she will pull the house back off the market. I've been looking for rentals and have had no luck. We love where we live and the house itself. In order to keep the same quality house in town we will end up paying the same amount the landlord wants to raise the rent. If we want something in the price we are in now we will end up living 8-10 miles outside of town and end up spending even more money driving back and forth to town multiple times a day for school and work. Plus we already know how much this one costs to heat/cool and who really wants to move out of a perfectly good house? So we should be good until at least Nov 2013. Maybe by then our old house that is for sale will sell and then we could buy this one or find another for sale.

Physically I am exhausted after getting over strep throat and I'm still fighting a sinus infection. Tonight after dinner the kids and I went for a walk around the small loop in the neighborhood. It is only .7 miles but I decided to jog for some of it. I split it into three walks and three jogs and it has really taken a lot out of me. But I made it and survived. I'll try to do it again tomorrow or Wednesday depending on the weather.

silentarctic
04-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Georgia {{Hugs}} I was just thinking I tried greek yoghurt because of you, am so glad I did it is the yummiest ever (had some at breakfast and lunch).

Zinke - good to see you, Hope you start feeling better soon. Strep throat is such a horrid drain on energy (even once the sore throat part is healed).

Hey girls, need to update my tickers I've gained weight :-| bad. But I'm recomitted to getting it down again. We've started up a biggest loser club at work again a Spring 2012 push until the 25th of june. I feel like I am here again this time this year. I just wish I had the motivation in the past year so I could be a touch smaller in my birthday photos end of the month. Ah well. :) Maybe next year. :)

reena lee
04-04-2012, 12:50 AM
its so good to be back! well i was working very hard everyday for a while and im glad to say I got down to 259 again on my own by doing so! then I bounced way up on friday for some odd reason, i woke up got on my scale and it said 263!!! i almost cried! but it didnt change that i worked hard staying on plan, walking, everything as planed. friday night i told Don my belly felt "off"... sat ALL day i spent more time on the toilet than off, sat morning i was 265lbs, sun morning i was 261lbs... all day sun, i would sleep, if i wasnt sleeping i was in the bathroom. monday rolled around, i kid you not if i drank a sip of water, id be on the toilet for 20 mins! so come mon afternoon, im weak, dehydrated, tired. i was getting up the strangth to go to the hospital when i spiked a fever so high- 103.7! i was too cold and sore to move so i just slept.
i woke up at about 10pm and was... fine! my stomach still didnt like me much but it was as mad as before, no fever nothing. so i drank like 5 glasses of gatorade and some bottles of water then went to bed. woke up today (tues) weighed 257lbs!!! as happy as i am i lost all that weight, I liked it better when i was working for it than when i was ill lol! i had to eat and drink very light all day, i did eat a nice dinner though (it was very off my normal plan, but my body needed more than usual this time around) so i hope tomorrow i can get back on with things. after i ate tonight i did have a bit of a stomach ache and it was making some god awful noises! I was afraid to eat greens of any kind today lol..
Im just happy to be feeling better, and my children (who are on spring break, someone say some prayers for me this week! they had 10days off, we are now down to 6 left) are not understanding the fact that mom is/was sick... cuz even when mom is sick mom still does it all... NOT this time! they were at such a loss! well at least not on monday, sunday i still went out and finished up my easter shopping lol it just took me a while and i spent more time in the bathroom than the store. John McClane hasn't got anything on this lady (a little die hard humor) monday however, i couldnt even get up enough engery to take myself to the hospital which is honestly where i should have been lol... go figure!
I am SURE my scale will bounce back up a bit, in fact for just this once i kind of hope it does. But the fact of the matter is, i got on it, it read 257! im counting it like it or not lol!! now that im out of the woods of being dangerously dehydrated i can laugh about it and tell yall im keeping my 257 up no matter what! lol
on a more serious level, i had the time tonight to look over posts ive missed and im SO glad to see you all are having such great progress, and it has helped set the mood for the days to come. im ready for my treadmill again (believe it or not, i tried to get on it mon and Don had to stop me) im ready for healthy foods and good choices... im ready for normal bodily functions!!!! Im ready for wed! because tomorrow? first thing im gonna do is drink a cup of coffee.. i havent had coffee since fri morning and i may not make another day (esp. with the kids all on vacation)! THIS wed is a REAL HUMP day, its gonna be the turning point of this whole event and bring me back in my game swinging away and i am SO ready!!!

Change4Life
04-04-2012, 08:46 AM
The scale is moving again!!

251!!

Hallelujah!!! Ready to leave the 250's in the dust!!!

Meka150
04-05-2012, 04:19 AM
I'm new to the site and my WLJ I'd love to join you all on your journeys. I have been overweight 90% of my life and I'm ready for a change. I started at 291 and am currently down 16 lbs. :cheer2: I'm on my way to my first goal of 250 by my birthday in July.:D

qtapostolic
04-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Donna :yay: so glad to here you're moving again!

Reena I'd take that 257 too! :congrat:

Meka :welcome3: Congrats on the first 16!

I am so close to Onederland, but TOM is stalling my progress at the moment. I should get there by the end of the month though:D well, as long as I behave through Easter, my son's first b-day, and my own b-day too, :woo: Knowing how close I am to 199 should be a nice incentive when the buttercream frosting calls my name:drool::nono:

Change4Life
04-06-2012, 11:34 PM
Went to Goody's tonight searching for the right tie for my hubby for Easter Sunday (We'er all dressing in navy and yellow). i strolled through the women's department, and saw some wonderful dress pants. Decided to try them on. Ladies and Gentlemen....We are no longer a 30 or 28 or 26 or 24...We are a 22! And they were comfortable! I'm so excited!!

Meka150
04-07-2012, 12:46 AM
Had too revamp my numbers because i bought a digital scale which said I weighed 287.6 instead of 275, oh how I now love that old scale. Oh well new day time to get moving.:exercise:

CaliforniaDreamer
04-07-2012, 12:51 PM
CW: 248 (-47)

47 lbs down, 49 lbs to go.

qtapostolic
04-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Donna:carrot: :bravo: :cp: :cb: :dance: :hat: :flow2: :dancer: :cheer3: :woohoo: :cheer2: I'm so happy for you! gotta love those NSVs!

SarahFairhope
04-07-2012, 10:44 PM
What a wonderful feeling!! Great work!! :cp::cp::cp:
Ladies and Gentlemen....We are no longer a 30 or 28 or 26 or 24...We are a 22! And they were comfortable! I'm so excited!!

SarahFairhope
04-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Sorry, I'm new, what does NSVs stand for? I'm so happy for you! gotta love those NSVs!

Change4Life
04-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Sorry, I'm new, what does NSVs stand for?

NSV=Non-scale victories

loofa
04-09-2012, 08:53 AM
I said no to the bread pudding last night. I swear, bread pudding is my doooooom.

ChouKoe
04-09-2012, 08:09 PM
^I said no to lemon cake because I can eat about three slices. However, I had sliver of this chocolate cheesecake I made.YUM! Funny, I didn't binge on Easter but the day before and it is showing up on the scale. Oh well...

shadowclaw
04-10-2012, 01:07 AM
Ugh, I am at a really annoying plateau right now! My weight has't changed for about 3 weeks. I tried upping my calories for a few days, but there's still no change. I'm seriously thinking of switching back to low-carb for a week or two to see if I can get the scale moving again.

geoblewis
04-10-2012, 11:09 PM
Hey chickies. Sorry to have been MIA from here for a bit. I've been really concentrating on the diabetes stuff lately, going to diabetes support forums (yes, I been cheating on ya'll!) and dealing with issues surrounding new medications.

Hope you're all well and happy. I'm seeing progress here for some, frustrations for others, and some new names to be welcomed. Glad you're all here!

I have seven weeks till my summer trip to Scotland. As of this morning, I was at 295 lbs. I am royally annoyed that my weight isn't down 10 lbs from there. I was hoping to weigh about 280 lbs when I get on the plane, but that's obviously not going to happen. My struggles are with not being able to exercise much because the medication I'm on makes me really dizzy. All I can do consistently is walk, but there are mornings when I wake up with my head swimming and all I want to do is stay in bed. Today I went for my weekly private training session and my trainer really worked me hard. That was six hours ago and my legs still feel like rubber! I took my dog to the dog park and we walked a bit more about an hour ago. I hope I can sleep well tonight.

I miss my Pilates class...A LOT! When I stayed consistent with Pilates, I always slept well. Maybe I'll try to do some tonight before bed.

So, my biggest issue is still that I'm eating too much. I'm not saying that I'm overeating, because for a normal person my size, at my calorie intake, I should be losing at a faster rate. But with the type 2 diabetes and the PCOS and the insulin resistance, I am so screwed when it comes to getting the weight off. I have some days when I can cut calories down to around 1200, and when I have two or three of those in a row, the weight starts to come off. But I also have a day here and there when I eat 1800 to 2200 calories and the weight comes right back on. I should be able to maintain at that level, but I can't.

I've been to see the doc recently and I'm going back Friday to get results. I'm on medication to help me deal with the IR and the type 2 diabetes, but the side effects are real buggers for me. I've been testing my blood sugar up to eight times a day. I find that if I can control my blood sugar through the night and into the morning, plus keep calories to a minimum, I will lose weight. That means having really low carbs and low protein at dinner, a handful of raw almonds in the middle of the night, and getting up right away to have an almost zero carb breakfast. I seem to be able to get away with higher (not high) carbs and protein at lunch, so that's my bigger meal now.

I don't trust myself to maintain that sort of control consistently. I've had to remove all tempting carbs from sight. I've had to stock my refrigerator with foods that are quick and easy to prepare. I'm measuring out everything. If I want to succeed at this, I can't go out between now and the trip. But I'm going to get bored and edgy. I'm going to face days when I haven't slept well and I want to make up for it with pancakes! (And I don't even like pancakes!)

Like today, I kept breakfast really small (a zucchini and an egg), ate a bowl of vegetable soup and a tuna salad for lunch, had a handful of almonds a little later. Then around 4 I started getting really punchy and edgy, but I couldn't nap because I was chauffering my son to his tutor, etc. So I caved and grabbed a Starbucks coffee with half and half and an oatmeal cookie. And that got me going again till dinner, which was a little more salad and a lean ground beef patty. And by my calculations, that cost me about 1900 calories! If I had managed to pass on the cookie and coffee, I'd have come in under 1500 calories and I'd have felt great about that. It takes so little to mess up my efforts!

It's been an hour since I ate dinner. My blood sugar is 121. I'm satisfied with that. It means my time at the dog park was good for me and I burned up some of the carbs from the cookie. So maybe doing an hour of Pilates before bed will help me drop that even lower, I can take my medication and that'll help too, and the handful of almonds at 2 a.m. will keep my liver from dumping glucose into my body before I wake up.

I am happy with my attitude in the face of all this. I'm not giving up! There is no going back to the old ways. I will just keep making the good choices and keep moving forward. If I don't lose another pound before I leave for Scotland, what am I going to do, cancel the trip? Not have a good time? NO! I'll be disappointed with my inability to move forward at a pace that I was hoping for, and then I'll pack my suitcases with my current wardrobe and go walk off my backside in Edinburgh and the surrounding countryside.

So, I'll check in again soon. Let's keep plugging along, girlfriends! Because the alternative, quitting, is not even close to being considered!

Change4Life
04-12-2012, 10:45 AM
I am now officially closer to 200 than to 300. What a wonderful day!!

Plateaued at 256 for an entire month (actually 5 weeks) but I'm back to losing now and so excited to see the scale move!

Started at 313 in September, I've now lost 65 pounds as of today, bringing me down to 248.

I've lost as much as my 12 year old son weighs (and this is his birthday, btw)

My BMI has dropped from 50.5 to 39.8 (I'm no longer "morbidly obese" just "obese". (I think that should feel comforting, but it still stings)

In 9 pounds I'll be halfway to my goal.

Only 35 pounds to lose until I reach 100 pounds gone. This must be accomplished by October!

All in all, I am feeling pretty darn successful this morning!

geoblewis
04-13-2012, 02:16 PM
:wave:
Just checking in for today. Feeling defeated by diabetes this morning. Gained five pounds over the last two days, even though calories and carbs were in good shape, I slept well and I exercised. My body just refuses to lose any more weight and I don't know why. I'm not losing inches any more either.

I ate a tiny, carb-free breakfast and my blood sugar spiked. :mad:

I like it when ya'll post your successes. You make me feel hopeful. I like it when you post your struggles, because I feel companionship with you all.

I need to get out of this funk!!!!

Hope you have a lovely day, completely on track.

martini
04-15-2012, 01:22 AM
hello hello hello everyone! :wave:

I've been awol for a few months now and today is my first day back to being 100% on plan. As much as I thought I could go it alone, I simply can't. I need the support and a place to share all the ups and downs of weight loss and am incredibly grateful that this kind of forum exists.

The good news is that, when it came time to update my signature and profile and the like on 3FC, I only had to add .6 lbs. That strikes me as being nothing short of miraculous. I haven't counted calories or tracked my food for months (and months and months). I've weighed myself pretty regularly and have had my ups and downs - I got back into the 250s for a while and also made it down to 245-ish - but on the whole I've been pretty stable with my weight. Considering I've been going way, way overboard on sugar and fat... again, it's nothing short of miraculous.

What I've learned from my few months off plan...

My emotional eating comes from two places: 1) punishing myself for feelings of shame that come up; and 2) soothing my anxieties that come up in times of change. When I eat emotionally I gravitate towards high fat and high carb foods - fried meats, lots of oil, etc. I've been thinking about whether or not these are things that I can have in my life at all given what triggers they are for me. I don't have an answer to that quite yet, but until I do I'm going to go primarily vegan. The world's not going to end if I have animal products, but craving fried chicken or a greasy steak is a clear warning sign for me.

Filtering what comes into my world is really important for my long-term success. For me there's a certain vulnerability that comes with this kind of change. I feel really raw in some ways and really open emotionally in others. I'm not in a place where I can handle sustained contact with people who have negative views on body image or issues with self-hatred. I see a lot of that among fellow dieters. Like the issue with my specific food choices, it's a question of navigation. I'm still not clear on how to navigate being part of a community with avoiding the negativity that can also come with that. Eventually I'll be able to create better boundaries and limits for myself when it comes to all these different voices, but I'm not there yet and need a safe, little nest to exist in until I am there.

So I'm happy, thoughtful, excited, optimistic... all of those good things. I'm also looking forward to posting!

geoblewis
04-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Martini!!! So glad to see you again! :hug: Sounds like you had a good break and you've done some good thinking about your needs. I find a lot of value in your post. Thanks for sharing!

It's hard to find the boundaries of where someone else's issues end and mine begin. I know what you're talking about! I was raised to be an empath on behalf of my mother, to take on her issues and work them out for her. And that led to doing it for everyone that came into my life. It's taken a lot of therapy and understanding to know the difference between my pile of junk and someone else's pile of junk. But I'm getting much better at it, and now there are less people in my life who expect me to deal with their stuff for them. And I'm so much happier and unencumbered by it all as I get better at not emotionally enmeshing myself with people. It's hard to learn how to be in relationships and not do that, but it helps when I'm in relationships with people who are emotionally healthy and differentiated. I constantly have to tell myself not to gravitate towards needy people!

I've just started Atkins today. Doing it for my blood sugar control. I'm going to be crabby for a few days because I'm also off coffee now. Doing that for my blood pressure. I thought I'd get all the difficult withdrawal stuff out of the way all at the same time. Glutton for punishment!

Hope you all have a happy Sunday!

Ky30
04-15-2012, 04:14 PM
I would like to jump in I hit onederland in May 2012 but found out I was pregnant June 4th and I was 195 gained 40 during pregnancy Im now 214 and working again towards onederland I want it again so bad its a great feelingto hit 199

martini
04-15-2012, 07:17 PM
Georgia - It's good to see you, too! Good luck with Atkins. What happened to the paleo plan? Are you still doing your fabulous goddess pilates?

Day 1 went on plan and I'm looking forward to another day on plan. With eating much less and avoiding fats and carbs I've had the most ridiculous rush of energy. I had an awful night's sleep because I was so jittery, but I'm still wired. I think at one point I'm going to have to look at the possibility of food intolerance and see if there's anything more to the energy woosh than simply a day of healthy eating.

geoblewis
04-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Martini, Paleo is still on and is fully supported by Atkins. Paleo is about the food sources, so my grass-fed bison and organic greens are totally cool with the Atkins program.

I haven't been to a proper Pilates class in five weeks! I'm so upset about this because it's the medication I'm on for the diabetes that makes me too woozy to work out. I still go for a private session with my trainer, but half the time I'm hugging the walls for stability. But my doctor has just switched me to a new medication and I'm hoping in the next day or so the woozies will go away and I can get back to class.

How are you going to figure out your food intolerance? I did an eliminaiton diet to figure out that I had the soy intolerance. I've been reading up on allergy testing and I'm considering going in to have other stuff tested, since I'm allergic to mold and dust too.

Ky, welcome to our little enclave. We look forward to celebrating the 199 with you!

I've already been on the rowing machine this morning, had my breakfast and my decaf, started laundry, kitchen is clean. Gotta finish organizing my bedroom/office. I'm going to be moving the office out to the living room soon. Maybe then I won't be on the computer right up until I go to bed. I think it gives me bad dreams!

martini
04-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Georgia - I'm so sorry to hear about the woozies! I know how much you love your classes and it's a shame you haven't been able to do that. What I just noticed, though, is the update on your counter (I haven't seen it for months) - woo hoo!! Now very, very firmly in the 200s!!

I have finally found an online source for clothing and got my first shipment of new pants and bras last week. I still can't believe the reality of it. I was wearing my size 24/26 pants hitched up with belts. I'm now very comfortably wearing size 18s!! I'm also down from a size 44DDD to a size 40D bra.

The nice thing about not wearing my old clothes is that I have less leeway now for going off plan. When I had a spare 4 inches in my pants, it was no big thing to overeat at dinner because there was no tightness in my clothing. Now I definitely notice it if I'm retaining water or if I have a big meal.

silentarctic
04-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Martini, good to hear from you and glad you have picked up some new clothes that is always a good time. :) I don't need new clothes yet but I always seem to spoil myself. Guess its the same with food I am still struggling to say no to my inner two year old who is saying "gimme gimme gimme" :)

Weighed myself today at 315 that is 1 lb away from ticker which is better than I was a week ago (showing at 330, thats how much water I was retaining CRAZY)

I don't know I keep making excuses and i just don't know how to find the motivation , I browse here still trying to find it but its not coming i know HOW to lose weight, I've done it before I can do it again I just seem to keep not engaging the right behaviour and making excuses.

I'm having one of those down days girls. Sorry!

martini
04-18-2012, 07:15 PM
silentarctic - Hey! I'm really glad to see you're still posting!!

I think what you're saying about your inner two year old is pretty profound and it really, really rings true for me. I've been up and down these past couple of months and one of the things that got me back on plan was recognizing that I also have that two year old. She likes fried chicken and pasta with cream sauce and pastries for breakfast a lot. But if I wouldn't give a child the keys to my car, why in the world would I let that petulant, demanding little voice inside me run the show?

I don't have any answers for you, but I know where you're coming from and I know exactly how hard it is to keep on going. For me it often comes down to distinguishing between what I want and what is right for me. Sometimes they're the same thing, but a lot of the time - especially when it comes to food - they're completely different. When there is that difference, I try to go on autopilot and just go through the motions of staying on plan even though that stupid little two year old doesn't want to.

geoblewis
04-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Martini! Size 18! Woohoo!:carrot: And so glad you found a source for clothes too. That should be quite an emo boost for you! Have fun shopping!

Silent :hug: Don't give up sweetie. I know how motivation is such an important factor. You did really well to get back on track with losing the excess water weight. I know all about that stuff! What are you doing to help yourself, to nurture yourself. What sorts of things usually work for you? For me, I find that getting in a really pissy mood helps me get things done. Then life gets a little less cluttered and I can refocus. When too many factors are weighing down my brain, simplifying life can help too. And sometimes, just a good night or two of sleep.

Sorry to not have been consistently here for the last few weeks. I've been over on the diabetes support thread a lot more, and now the Atkins forum. Have had to rethink some strategies since going on the meds. But the number one strategy was to go on Atkins induction very strictly and not worry so much about fat intake, for now, until the hunger-management features of the ketogenic diet kick in.

And secondly, I have taken myself off all the meds because they were just making my life worse! I went on a series of three medications. They all gave me a foggy brain, nasea and vertigo. But this last one added terrible water retention. I gained six pounds in three days, even while I was drastically cutting carbs. I have been so lethargic for the last two days. So last night I opted to stop meds altogether and this morning I lost almost four pounds. I've been in the bathroom several times today because I took some cranberry pills to help with the water retention. Feeling a little more lively now.

Yesterday I went to see a doctor in Sacramento. He has a world-class weight-loss clinic and just deals with diet solutions, no surgery options. His philosophy is about cutting carbs and fats really low, keeping calories around 1200 and taking a lot of supplements plus phentermine to deal with appetite. I'm not sure I'm going to do this, it's pricey. But the first visit was free and I got my BMR done on one of those biometic impedence machines. It's 1950. I found out that my lean body mass was 160 lbs., which is spot on track. Shooting for 190 lbs is a great goal for me. I'm bound to lose some muscle mass as I lose weight, so I've got to keep exercising. I'm happy to report that I'm now comprised of more lean body mass than fat. Feels good! It was the emotional boost I needed to get back on track.

I see that it's almost lunch time. Not sure what I want to eat...I've had fish for three days. Maybe chicken. And a salad...no...kale! No, I don't really feel like turning on the stove. How about turkey cold cuts rolled up with French goat cheese and romaine lettuce. Yep, that's it!

martini
04-21-2012, 02:07 AM
Hi everyone! :wave:

I've been on plan all week and it looks like I'm going to be down a couple of pounds for my weekly Sunday weigh-in. I'm really glad to see that the scale is inching down again.

After my "break" I'm finding there are some moments when it's hard to get into a dieting mentality. It's not the calorie counting or the weighing and measuring - that part is almost fun. It's the slow, incremental weight loss and having enough patience to keep on doing the same thing, day in and day out, and watching those numbers drop slowly.

Part of me thinks, "well, I've been counting calories for a week and therefore I should weigh 150lb by Sunday." I know that sounds ridiculous and I've gotten pretty good at talking myself through those moments, but still. I'm having to force myself to refocus on making it through those individual decades of weight and not thinking about how far away the big picture feels right now.

Buttermilk Sky
04-21-2012, 02:36 AM
Thanks for the great posts. Very encouraging and motivational reading. I had 100 pounds to lose. I lost 30 then hurt my foot about 2 months ago and have gained back 15. The doctor tells me to stay off my foot but I work 2 jobs and since I can't exercise I've been putting the pounds back on. Very discouraging after all the hard work I've done. I take 2 mg of thyroid medication so exercise is a very important part of my weight loss.

I still have to lose 85 pounds and wondered what program you all are on. I've thought about counting calories, then I read about the Jorge Cruise Belly Fat Diet, then I've thought about Weight Watchers, and now I'm totally confused what to do. :?: Should I just eat as healthy as possible and let the chips fall where they may? Any input would be appreciated. :^:

Thanks and congratulations to all who have lost weight and good wishes to those who are struggling like me.

AlmostMe
04-21-2012, 03:15 AM
Hello all.... glad to find this thread. I'm desperate for the 199. I've had some weird fluctuations with my weight - and since starting my weight loss journey about six weeks ago - I actually gained almost 15 pounds. Much of this was water weight....because of all my exercising. I got on the scales yesterday at the gym and was back at my starting weight (haven't updated yet - because I'm not supposed to weigh in til Sunday). I know I'm smaller...though I didn't take starting measurements so I don't know how much. I know I'm fitter. And I know I'm more muscular. But darn it's depressing for all my hard work to be back where I started. 199 seems miles away.

martini
04-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Hello hello! My Sunday weigh-in has me down for 3.3lb this week and I'm really happy about the good start to being back on plan. I'm going out for dinner tonight with friends and expect that the number will be a bit higher tomorrow, but it's headed in the right direction and I think that's something to feel good about.

Buttermilk - I think your choice of plan is ultimately up to whatever would work best for you. I count calories. Others have a specific diet plan that they follow. In the long term I think it comes down to what can you sustain over the long haul because there's absolutely nothing about weight loss that's quick or easy.

AlmostMe - Keep on fighting the good fight!

Misti in Seattle
04-22-2012, 05:22 AM
Hi everyone. I haven't been here for awhile but it seems that to keep going I sure do need this place! Fortunately my weight is up only 3 pounds from what my ticker says so I am leaving it and catching up. :)

I've been searching out all kinds of healthful, blood-pressure-lowering foods, etc and making some positive changes. I had to! Found out I have heart irregularities called PVCs which are harmless since I have no underlying heart disease or damage. But I'd like to keep it that way, and that means getting the weight off, BP down, etc.

I look forward to getting acquainted/reacquainted!!

geoblewis
04-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Welcome to our little enclave of support, girls! Everyone is great here, very open and sharing of all sorts of info and lots of love!

Martini...I've been counting calories for a week and therefore I should weigh 150lb by Sunday. :lol3: Me too! I keep doing math, but it never really sums up with my reality! But way to go on the loss!!!!!

Buttermilk...I always opt for making healthy choices. Because good clean veggies, lean proteins and healthy fats will always nourish you properly. I am so sorry to hear about the impact of the injury on your life. Been there! You'll get back to the exercise. Healing is important. Can you find something to do that won't impact your injuries? I do Pilates and I've been able to work through most injuries because I have a very good trainer who helps me modify movement so I can keep it up.

As for what I'm doing these days regarding diet, I am a type 2 diabetic, have PCOS, possible hypo and I'm menopausal. Makes losing weight a really hard thing to achieve! But I started Atkins induction phase a week ago, haven't been entirely faithful with the very low carb (but at least low carb levels under 50 net gms a day) and I'm down 4 lbs. I had gained back 7 lbs because I had to stop exercising due to medication issues. And I think the meds also caused me to retain a lot of water. But I'm feeling better since dropping the meds and I'll be back to exercising soon. (My trainer can't figure out any exercise modifications to battle vertigo and nausea!)

AlmostMe...you know that gain is DOMS, water retention due to the exercise. Keep it up and it'll go away soon! You can also take some cranberry or dandelion pills and eat asparagus. They're all effective diuretics. Congrats on the loss in inches!!!!

Welcome back Misti! Nice to see you! Sorry to hear about the PVC, but glad to hear about your bp efforts. I'm doing similar things. My bp was 185/94 two months ago at the doctor's office, but I started cooking with garlic, eating more greens, ginger, taking fish oil caps and drinking more water and last week, bp was 126/69. What other foods are good for managing bp?

Have a lovely Sunday, everyone!

Misti in Seattle
04-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Georgia, great job on the BP... congratulations!

As for other foods, I have been googling and found

Beans (black, white, navy, lima, pinto, kidney)
Brown rice
Cinnamon - the fresh stick kind (I make citrus "tea" out of it)
Oatmeal - not the instant kind but whole grain (1/2 cup cooks in 3 min in microwave)
Flax seed
and yes, lots of greens and fresh veggies and fruits
Tuna (about the only fish I can eat)
Berries - especially blueberries, raspberries, strawberries
Potatoes (yes! They are high in potassium and magnesium
Sweet potatoes and yams
Bananas
Plain yogurt
Beets and beet juice (I just read that you can get beet juice at Whole Foods, etc. and that it is good for lowering blood pressure)
Spinach, lettuce, carrots, cabbage
low fat dairy products (cottage cheese, skim milk, etc)
One ounce a day of dark chocolate... at least 60% dark
red wine (or a small glass of dark Concord grape juice)
Green tea... oh and my doctor recommended white tea. I got some white raspberry and it is great
Celery
Broccoli
Dandelion
Unsalted sunflower seeds
cold water fish
Pomegranate/juice
Papaya
Guava
Fresh figs
Cantaloupe
Kiwi
Orange

wow and tons more of really yummy stuff... just takes a bit of effort!

ChouKoe
04-22-2012, 10:06 PM
Hey guys!
My weight went down then up but Im sure it is just water weight. For a while now I have been feeling extremely tired. I can sleep for 8 hours and still feel exhausted. I set up my doc appointment because now its affecting my school work and exercising regimen. I have a nagging feeling it is sleep apnea...I really hope not.
Have a great night!

qtapostolic
04-23-2012, 01:26 PM
hello Ladies, I check in daily on another thread but like to pop in here every now and then.
I'm down to 203.6... so close to Onederland but so far, mainly mentally. Something inside is scared of getting there. I noticed I self-sabatoged myself this month and I've been trying to figure out why and I realized I get a panicky feeling when I think about actually seeing 199. I haven't quite figured out why though. I've lost a lot of weight 4 times since being an adult, getting down around 165, so it's not like I've never been 199 before. I'm leaning toward how I see myself when I'm thinner... as a "dirty" person because I've always ended up in bad relationships when I was thin before, my ex-husband, my son's daddy, a con-man who stole thousands from me, and then my current husband... well he's not a bad relationship, he's a wonderful husband and father, but our dating time was very sexual, which went against my own conscience. This weight loss journey has become a lot more than diet and exercise for me. It's more mental and spiritual so I'm praying I will learn to see myself in a healthy way no matter my size.
I guess this post is pretty personal but if anyone cares to add or comment I'd appreciate it.:hug:

oh for goodness sake, I got so caught up in all that, that I forgot to put down my NSV :lol: When I went to my daughter's b-ball game yesterday at the community center, I fit in the seats! They are really small, don't know why, but when I tried to sit in them 2 yrs ago I had to squeeze in and it hurt really bad. Last summer I just stood up when I watched, but mainly I didn't even go to their games :( So anyways, I FIT!!

silentarctic
04-23-2012, 07:12 PM
martini and georgia thanks for the encouragment I appreciate it. I'm working on it. I'm doing a biggest loser thing with my office which helps keep me honest about my weight and a friend and I are going to start e-mailing. I love ya'll really but I can't always go on the message board I have limited time and I hardly spend it online anymore. I need people that I see in my daily life to help me so thats what I'm doing. I hope that it helps I managed to survive birthday week despite cake etc pretty much maintaining. One more round of parties and then April is done (two of my closest friends and I have birthdays very close together it makes for a busy and cake-full April!)

Kelly - That is great :) the NSV :)

martini
04-24-2012, 12:21 AM
QT - Hey, girl. I've been there. Here's the thing, though. Thin women get into bad relationships. Thin women get played. Fat women get into bad relationships. Fat women get played. Fat can be an excuse to avoid bad relationships or fat can be an excuse to get into bad relationships. At the end of the day - and I think this is something that you recognize - it comes down to valuing yourself and translating that self-esteem into healthy boundaries and healthy choices that reflect who you are and what's important to you. Weight can reflect that, but it's not the cause. Loving yourself and treating yourself and others with dignity and respect isn't dependent on that number on the scale. (and I say all of this having fought for years to get out of the mental patterns you're describing and, on some days, it's still an uphill battle :) )

silentarctic - I'm so happy that you're recognizing what you need in terms of a support system and that you're going after it. That's so important and so healthy. And congratulations for surviving birthday cake week!! Damn Aries birthdays!!

qtapostolic
04-24-2012, 10:04 AM
Thank you Martini:hug: It's good for me to hear your outlook on this mental battle, some things we "know" in our heads but somehow we have to get it in deep to where we really "know" it in our hearts. You're right, even heavy women get into bad relationships... that gives me more to put into my "bag" to combat the bad ideas in my heart. I'm trying to remind myself that i'm not losing weight to impress other people this time, whether it's at a family reunion, or meeting up with old friends, or to attract attention from men. I have a wonderful husband and he likes me no matter how I look anyways:D I'm losing weight this time so I can enjoy time with my children and have the energy I need to travel, and so I can look MYSELF in the mirror and feel good. Yes, this journey is about learning to love and respect ME, and it has to be that way or i"ll just gain all my weight back like I always have before.

silentarctic
04-24-2012, 01:46 PM
I am fighting a cold but still comitted to going for a long walk today well if the weather cooperates there is a ton of blowing snow right now. Being stubborn about it, I signed up for a half marathon in december. I plan on walking it rather than running it my knee's are not equiped for running at all so speed walking it will be. I figure I can do it, I walk in my daily life and while my feet get a little sore when I push my usual boundries.

martini
04-24-2012, 04:50 PM
hellohellohello!! :wave:

QT - FWIW one of the things that help me get my head straight was acting 'as if.' Even when I'm battling all my self-criticism and issues with men and sexuality and that other good stuff, I try to go through the motions and do things that I know are good and healthy. I try to stay on plan. I pray and meditate. I do my work. I keep up my hobbies and see my friends. When I'm in a funk or caught up in myself I don't really want to do these things, but I do them because I know if I continue to do them, my perspective on the negative things will eventually return to normal.

silentarctic - Way to go with the walking! I think that's so great that you're now preparing for a half marathon! When I was over 300lb (I think I was at a 51 BMI at my highest) I can remember how hard movement was. Something like walking every day would completely exhaust me so I look at you with such admiration!!

I haven't been posting about my eating since Sunday because I've been completely off plan for the past two days. I had an absolutely awful dinner party on Sunday, cooked way too much Indian food, and have been working my way through the leftovers. Lots of cream and oil and I just haven't had it in me to throw the food away rather than eat it.

Now I'm looking ahead to a few lunch/dinner appointments over the next few days and... argh!! If I keep a tight watch on everything that comes in and out of my fridge and don't eat out with anyone, staying on plan is a breeze. I'm really struggling to balance my professional/social life and my eating at the moment.

I guess the only thing I can do is start with breakfast and go from there. Fingers crossed that I make good choices today!

qtapostolic
04-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Martini thx for the 'as if' suggestion. You're right, when I get in a funk I disappear under covers:o
I woke up to a great weigh in today, 200.8! Once I realized I was dealing with fears and self-sabotage, I stopped it, lol. And now i'm experiencing a whoosh. :thanks: for being here for me at this cross-road!:hug:
As far as social eating, I can relate;) This weekend I'm going to an award dinner in Detroit. My daughter's boyfriend is being recognized for outstanding performance in high school in spite of adversity. We ordered his Tuxedo yesterday to match my daughter's dress; the preparations have been exciting but then I'm reminded it's a DINNER with a cocktail hour and desserts, oh boy!:stress::D
Then next weekend is my mother's wedding (number 5, so now you know where I get some of my issues from, :o) It was suppose to be just a few of us in her yard and then off to a resturant. Now, all her sisters and close friends w/ their families are coming. Not only am I performing the cermony for her (since the county mat. couldn't come at a descent time) but she asked me to make a wedding cake. My cakes take a few days... a few days of trying not to lick my fingers:joker: and then trying to not eat it at the wedding when I know my cakes taste SO GOOD:drool: I'm not sure what she's doing for the dinner part but I'm not volunteering to make food too:lol: I did a wedding last summer, at MY house, did the cake, the ceremony, and most of the food.... I vowed I'd never do that to myself again!

I don't know what my family has planned for my b-day on Friday, but I've told them it cannot include cake, chocolate, chinese food.... no Food!:D

silentarctic
04-25-2012, 02:49 PM
martini - ahh thanks :) It's not that big a deal (the daily walking) going the 21K would be pushing it but I walk to work every day and home and have been moderately active for the past 2 (going on 3 years) not really a couch/mouse potatoe in the traditional sense anymore. I just eat alot that is why the weight has not melted off. Hope you are having a good day I'm confident you can make healthy/healthier choices.

Kelly - wow wedding cakes thats tough! I'm a sucker for a good cake too. Hope you have a great birthday and a great time at your mothers wedding. :)

qtapostolic
04-26-2012, 10:35 AM
thx SilentArctic! hey, I was wondering if you could give me some advice about a 5k I might do with my daughter in 3 weeks. It's a community event to promote health so they say everyone is welcome. I've only been walking 2-3 miles a day for 2 months now. I usually include bouts of jogging to keep up with DH and to keep my heart rate up. Is there a way I should go about the next 3 weeks to train for it? And, is it acceptable in a 5k like this to walk part of it, you know, when I can't breathe?;) I have NEVER been a part of something like this, not even to watch, so any feedback would be helpful! Thx again!

silentarctic
04-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Kelly : I haven't really done any 5K races recently and when I did I never ran , I always walked the Terry Fox run (one year I did a combo run/walk) , I walked the "Run for the Cure" before it was billed as the "Walk/Run". You can check the race websites if there is one usually say that its perfectly fine to walk. And You should be great with a walk/run combo. :)

Day 1 I should update my tickers etc but I'm lazy, at 320.4 hopefully soon I can make my info truth without trying to remember my password lol :)

geoblewis
04-27-2012, 12:42 AM
Hey girlfriends! I'm just about out of my diabetic drug-induced fog and I'm feeling a lot better. A LOT better. I'm managing my blood sugar much better with very low carb eating and I've lost nearly all the weight I had gained from the medications. Hoping and working at achieving a new low weight by weigh-in Sunday.

Misti, I really appreciate that list of bp-lowering foods. I have been popping garlic like crazy over the last week (good thing I'm not dating anyone!) and have been eating greens and celery daily, plus cold water fish three times a week. In fact, tomorrow I'm receiving an order of Alaskan salmon just caught this season. I don't know when I'm going back to see my doctor, but I'm determined to impress the heck out of her with my progress.

Chou, I have sleep apnea and I use a CPAP. It's not sexy, but I do love to sleep well consistently! More than looking sexy! I hope your doctor can help you.

QT, I've been working on my self-sabotaging behaviors recently, so I know how you feel. Right now, I just want to wrap my head around losing the next pound. I think I can handle just losing a pound, and then another one, etc. When I think about breaking below 290, I start thinking that I'm going to succeed at losing weight, and what all that means. I'm really afraid of men right now. Or rather, my inability to read them. And I sooooo want a quality relationship that won't complicate my life. And then I flip flop on if I want to even go there, because things are just getting good for me as a single woman, a single mom, with work, and with my health. And then I'm reminded why I really need to lose weight, to create optimum health for myself.

And to martini, silent and everyone else lurking, hope you're all well and happy. I'm going to bed!

silentarctic
04-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Georgia - xo Xo my former twinny glad you are doing better.

martini - How are you holding up girly?

Kelly - Hope you are doing well, I think the 5k with your daughter wil be super fun.

I'm doing "okay" with eating I ate mostly fruit and veggies yesterday and I'm doing the same today then I need to start cutting down on volume and saying no to myself. I have to go grocery shopping and then cook tonight, the rest of my weekend is swamped. Helping a friend with a community event her work is putting on tomorrow, plus a birthday party. Possibly a hike and soccer on sunday. So tonight HAS to be a clean the house and get ready for next week night. I need to make some soups i've been eating premades and while they are yummy there is just TOO much salt I can FEEL it.

geoblewis
04-28-2012, 11:55 AM
Silent :hug:, we're still twinnies! We're sisternal twins! :D We're both still here and we can probably share clothes!

My backside is refusing to drop weight, again. And when a glob of fat slips past the guard, my body hangs on to the next glob for dear life. I've been getting pretty good with the Atkins plan, but I had a huge appetite for the first week. One day I ate up to 2700 calories. I've been slowly inching down by a hundred calories a day and finally arrived at just over 2000 calories yesterday. Kept my carb intake really low consistently over the last week too, and finally got back to 292.5 yesterday morning. And yesterday, I ate lower again, with both carbs and calories, but this morning I'm up 2 lbs again. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/wallbash.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Going shopping this weekend. Actually, going mall-walking this weekend with my son, looking for deals for my summer travel wardrobe. And I hope to find some really sophisticated things to wear in London and fun things to wear in Scotland that don't scream "tourist". And I may just get everything in a small size so that I will be motivated to cut more calories. I have four weeks till I leave. Let's see what I can accomplish.

I'm feeling better and better. I will be getting back to Pilates this week! Yippee!!!

Have a lovely weekend!

martini
04-28-2012, 06:44 PM
I spent my week almost entirely off plan, binged on fried chicken last night, am constipated because my TOM is around the corner... and on and on. So it comes as no surprise that 249 showed up on the scale this morning. I'm up almost 5lb from last week.

Stupid scale. Stupid going off plan. Stupid TOM.

I'm very glad to see that everyone else is doing well, but I'm just not feeling it today.

On a much happier note, I have yet another new job. This will be my third job in two years and this time in a new country (but still in Asia). I'll be moving in late July/early August and I'm doing it with mixed feelings. The job is awesome and the new location is great. The sad thing is that I've been very happy where I'm at and I'm sad to leave the friends that I've made here. I think the bigger question is how in the world I'm going to manage the transition without eating my way through it. I'm feeling like the cookie monster at the moment and that's not the best place to be emotionally.

ladygirl99
04-29-2012, 10:58 AM
Hi guys and gals. I haven't been around in the last few weeks.
I just want to report that I am officially out of the 200s, today I am 195
Woohoo!!! Very excited it's been a long time coming very tough year, and
I did it. I will see you guys and gals at the 190s thread. :)

Meka150
04-29-2012, 02:08 PM
Congratulations ladygirl99!!! You're almost at 100lbs. Two goals in one :)

I am hoping to be there by this time next year. I am currently fighting to not see the 280s on my scale. My first mini goal is 275 I will be down 29lbs. :carrot: (This is the exact dance I will be doing when I reach it.) :D

qtapostolic
04-29-2012, 08:38 PM
hey everybody, I did it, I hit 199.8 yesterday and it was confirmed at 199.0 today, so I know it wasn't a fluke!
Congrats LadyGirl! I guess I"ll have to find you in the 190's thread:D
Georgia I will have to pop back every once n a while to see how you're doing. You've inspired me-I love reading your post because you're real and share your life with us in a special way. I wanted to mention my sister's journey because I'm hoping it may help you...She lost 70lbs and then hit a wall and just maintained for over a year even though she still had another 100 to lose. Then she started gaining again and it scared her but she just kept messing up her plan to go in the right direction. So, a couple weeks ago she was challenged to go on a very strict diet for just One Week... only power foods and stay in her pt. range (WW) She really struggled but kept telling herself it was only one week. She lost 7.8lbs in that week and her cravings have lessened. So, now she's feeling confident and going for the next 100. I know you are dealing with health issues which make losing weight hard so I'm not saying you should do exactly what she did. You know you're body but I'm just hoping it can inspire a thought maybe?:shrug: luv n luck to you:hug:

Misti in Seattle
04-29-2012, 09:08 PM
Kelly! YYYYYAYAAAYAYYYYYYYYYYYYY I am so proud of you and happy for you! Way to gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Misti in Seattle
04-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Oh and I am just reading up and see that several of you have just hit Onederland! Congrats to all

silentarctic
04-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Yeah Ladygirl and Kelly - Congrats, you girls are doing so fabuously! If you dissapear from here I'll miss ya!

martini - Aw hope you do well with the move, I know moving is so stressful, and leaving friends behind etc. but the new oportunities will make it worth it i hope.

I'm doing badly ladies, I went for a 9km walk yesterday but no change in the scale, boo on that, my eating wasn't bad either. The only day it was "out of control" was saturday. But yeah... just a little frustrated, I can walk all week and no changes. My "Pre-training" plan doesn't seem to be helping with weight loss. Although I thought I would be more sore from the 9Km walk , only my feet are sore so unless I have a bad case of the DOMS (will see tomorrow I guess) I did allright, at the pace we were walking (and it was slow because we had to keep wading through stretches of snow/slush on the road. I could still finish 21 Km in the 6 hours so on a clear road I know I could finish it is just a matter of pace (and it will be hotter there so I will need to be in better shape to handle that).

It's a new week, hope to see a drop on the scale next week even if its just a lb or two i need some positive re-inforcement i am getting really down and slightly depressed its making it all the much harder to try and stick to. :-\

silentarctic
05-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Hey Girls, Anyone still around? Hows it going?

Rough week maintain again I think a little frustrating because I have stepped it up but I guess I need to practice more lol :) I did end up having some left over bad breakfast from coworkers so that's probably why I'm staying static little off plan indulgences like that. :|

geoblewis
05-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Hey twiney! I'm here. I've been busy with life in general, but having a moment while waiting for the doctor now and he's got wifi and I've got my Kindle! I love technology!

Okay, so I've lost all my weight gain from the diabetes meds plus a little more. Sunday is official weigh in day for me, but I still hop on that scale every morning to keep me honest. 292 lbs!

Oooops....here he comes. Catch you later.

Okay, now I'm at home. Silent, don't let that scale tell you the 9 km walk didn't mean anything, because it did! Stick to the progress you're making and you'll find your success in it. You may be at a point of resistance, where your body doesn't want to give up anything. But keep at it and it will, eventually.

For me, I see brief spurts of weight loss that make me so hopeful, then difficult plateaus that really mess with my resolve. I'm constantly switching up what I'm doing, but now I really have to stick with the Atkins thing because of my insulin sensitivity and blood sugar issues. Just one slice of high fiber bread messes me up for 24 hours. I don't like having to be so strict and structured! makes me want to rebell and eat chocolate cake!

Take care!

martini
05-02-2012, 11:24 PM
I'm putting away my scale for a month. I got on yesterday, saw 252.2lb, and thought, wtf? My period started. I'm feeling less bloated. I'm back on plan. I'll let things take their natural course because the numbers are starting to mess with me. If they're high, I'm dismayed. If they're low, I start freaking out about losing weight. So I'm not going to deal with it right now.

kelly - Hurrah for reaching onederland!! That's great!!

silentarctic - Damn scale. Boo!!

georgia - Hang in there with the blood sugar stuff. I know it's not easy as I just went nuts on fried chicken a few days and have had to deal with the ups and downs that came after that! Let's both just keep on going through the motions whether we want to or not!

2thinme
05-02-2012, 11:53 PM
Hey Everyone, Id love to find onederland with you all..Ive actually been there before but I left and lost my way and then didnt remember what road I took....now...im just trying to find it again....I really liked it there :)

geoblewis
05-03-2012, 02:22 AM
Oh Martini...the scourge of the fried chicken! I can't even drive in the direction of KFC in my town because I get it bad. It's been a long time since I had some, but I can easily put away a bucket all by myself.

My youngest and I were at the store tonight. He said, "Mom, you know what we haven't had in a really long time? Garlic bread."

"You know I can't go there, son. And I can't even have it in the house. Put that on your list of what you're going to get when you're with your father." I imagine his list is quite long now. I really can't have that stuff in the house. The other night, I cooked some fettucini carbonara for dinner for my son and you know I had to taste it. It's a good thing I only cooked just enough for his dinner, because it was THAT GOOD!

I wonder if I'll ever get to be around these foods and just be at peace in their presence. Like being at peace in my mother's presence. It's just never going to happen!

I'm going to bed!

lilywinsit
05-03-2012, 03:21 AM
Dropping in to say "Hi", I have been reading some of the postings and can see that you are caring group of people working and encouraging each other along the way to our healthy weight.

I just went out and bought a new scale yesterday, because the old one required me to step on it 6 - 8 times in order to get a weight ... having 2 or 3 times at the same number so I know how much I weigh. Silly how fast I could go from Wow to Defeated.

Meka150
05-03-2012, 11:09 AM
Dropping in to say "Hi", I have been reading some of the postings and can see that you are caring group of people working and encouraging each other along the way to our healthy weight.

I just went out and bought a new scale yesterday, because the old one required me to step on it 6 - 8 times in order to get a weight ... having 2 or 3 times at the same number so I know how much I weigh. Silly how fast I could go from Wow to Defeated.

Don't let it defeat you. The same thing happened to me about a month ago. From one scale to the other I gained about 13 pounds. Now I've lost all but 4 of those pounds hoping they are gone by next week. :carrot:

geoblewis
05-03-2012, 11:51 AM
So glad to see our new group members here! Welcome!

Hey, I have one of those scales too! I have to get on it several times and the outcome rarely is the same. I take the lowest number when I need it emotionally. I am looking forward to buying a scale that doesn't require a rating of 250+ lbs. And I'm going to send the old one to Myth Busters to blow it up for me.

I'm down another half pound this morning. Won't change my slider till Sunday, but it sure would be lovely if I were in the 280s by then. Atkins induction is still being good to me.

silentarctic
05-03-2012, 02:31 PM
martini sounds like a plan, I'm doing afew challenges with my offline friends so I can't put away the scale but I feel ya on being frustrated when it messes with your head like that. Focus on being healthy and it will be good. :)

georgia - I know what you mean other people can be around chocolate, and cheese and all the other yummy things I can't resist and not be affected. For me its a REAL struggle not to indulge.

2thinme - hope you enjoy the journey as well.

lilywinsit - Yeah new scales are important. I like accurate reliable ones that can tolerate my high weights. :)

howevering at 319 again seriously my water levels are crazy , had a huge salad for lunch but wrote all the ingredients down I'm determined to track my calories each day and adjust for the next. It was cauliflower and spinach, the only thing that was bad was the vinagarette. And maybe the precooked chicken but that was protein. I feel wierd onw, I have been doing 'okay' dietwise but not okay enough. I definitely could be better. Trying to be strict today, I have some chicken broth that I made last night, so hopefully I get my mojo to make a low cal, low salt soup tonight for today and tomorrow.

Just incase I don't find the time to check in hope you all have a Fabulous Weekend ! (but I might sneak in afew more times before then if I can).

silentarctic
05-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Morning My gals,

Hope everything is going well for you. I'm struggling emotionally but yesterday I was perfectly on plan. I'm keeping it simple, trying to simply calorie count and eat below maintenance calories. I went for a walk, and ate healthfully.

Need to keep this up all weekend. If I could do that, I think I would feel decent on monday.

Here's to hoping!

Hope you all have a great day (and weekend)

geoblewis
05-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Hey Twinnie! I like the idea of keeping things simple. Removing stress, for me, always leads to making better choices. Emotional stress is such a goal-killer! A couple days of success, on the other hand, are really emotionally rewarding and quite thrilling for me. But then I tend to get cocky.

I just figured that out, so I'm hoping to keep the weekend simple and on plan too so that my Sunday weigh in will be good to me. This week, I'm definitely on approach to achieving 290 lbs. Maybe even breaking past that. Plus, my blood sugar level was so darn good this morning. I hope I don't let it go all to my head and I fall into a pot of spaghetti. It's been known to happen!

At this very moment, I am making myself stay at home. I know that if I go out I'll find myself in a drive-thru lane somewhere. It's not because I feel low, but because I get in self-sabotage mode when I am met with some success. I would really, truly love to weigh less than 280 when I get on the plane in three weeks. If I stay consistent and on plan, I might actually achieve this! But while the thin woman within is ready to come out, the fat advocate is doing the "You can't handle this" speech in the other ear. I need to do some emotional work on this.

I got my new passport in the mail yesterday. I think I have all the clothes I need for my trip. Just have to buy shoes. If only I could make my feet shorter!

martini
05-04-2012, 11:39 PM
georgia - I know exactly what you're saying with the self-sabotaging kicking in when you have a bit of success. Oh my goodness do I ever know. If you figure out how to manage that, let me know because I could certainly do with some guidance there. And I must have missed an earlier post... where are you going that you need a new passport? Somewhere exotic and wonderful I hope!

silentarctic - Welcome to the emotionally struggling club! Hang in there!!

I'm now reaping the benefits of putting one foot in front of the other and doing what I know is good for me even when my heart's not in it. I've been eating better - not 100% back on plan, but no fried chicken and fatty carbs. I began taking a calcium supplement because I realize I'm pushing 40 and want to start thinking about my bone and breast health. I'm no longer constipated (TMI, I know) and my mood is much more stable than it was last week. Phew! Made it through the emotional up-and-down pipeline out to the other side!

geoblewis
05-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Quick check in this morning...I did it! I broke last 290! I am very pleased with this and feeling hopeful. You know I can't just sit and savor the moment. I'm already moving on to the next five-pound loss.

I'm hitting the groove with the very low carbs and I'm still working on cutting calories. I am surprised at how many calories I can eat and still lose weight. I am really, REALLY carb sensitive, so cutting them so drastically works for me. And when I concentrate on eating my veggies, healthy fats and high quality protein, I am satisfied. I don't experience carb-cravings - everyday. But if I watch TV and there are food ads, I can so easily cave to suggestion. I still get the munchies and I'm struggling with finding snacks for the afternoon and evening. By 5 I've usually eaten all my carbs and only can dip into fats and protein. I'm going to get tired of that soon.

Martini, yesterday I spent some time actually sitting with my feelings about my tendency to self-sabotage. I didn't set out to solve it. I think it's there for a reason. It's hard not to judge myself when I am so inconsistent with my focus in everything I'm trying to do. I have ambitions on multiple fronts and they all feel like top priorities. Stupid ADD! What holds me back from moving forward is fear. I don't believe I habe the chops to be successful. I can be good at something, really good at it. For brief bursts. And then that cockiness creeps in and I freak myself out and pull way back. I think that attitude, when it shows up, that's what freaks me out. I don't want yo be that person. What if that's who successful thin healthy Georgia really is? I don't want to be that person.

Okay, see! I am supposes to be celebrating my success and I turn this into a therapy session! So predictable!

PS) I forgot to tell you where I'm going, Martini. A pleasure trip...three days in London, seven days in Edinburgh. Then after I get back, going to the Santa Barbara Writers' Conference, and then to San Francisco with friends from my overseas life for another week. The month of June, I will try to check in here, but it definitely won't be every day. I'll share a link where you all can see pictures.

geoblewis
05-07-2012, 12:15 PM
Oh! 288! Woohoo!!!!!! Could it be I have broken past my big weight loss resistance point and it'll be much smoother sailing from this point on? Could it be that I have found my sweet spot when it comes to diet/exercise? I'm done experimenting and sticking to Atkins induction phase till my blood sugar starts looking really normal.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend. Nothing spectacular happened for me. My sons and I went to see Avengers last night. Fun movie! Mommy likes Captain America and Ironman. And Bruce Banner/Hulk. And Thor. I have a thing for men with big arms!

Have a great day! I'll be online all morning with work, but this afternoon I'm going to be planting some tomato, cucumber, eggplant and melon starts at my friend's garden. And I have to do some weeding. That's my exercise today. See ya!

silentarctic
05-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Twinny - You are doing so fabulous, you ARE fabulous, I am if I admit a little jealous of your consitent efforts I would love to be nearly so consistent. :) I am petrified of flying this summer, it doesn't bug me flying in Canada while ocasionally I will get stressed by the people who see me and say "I hope I'm not sitting next to her!" Airline staff on both Aircan and West Jet have ALWAYS been accomodating and friendly, never hassled me about needing seatbelt extenders never been told I need to buy another seat. Even at my highest weight I never had problems with canadian airlines i'm scare I will likely have to fly American Airlines to get down to south america and seems like they are less forgiving to the fat folk. :-|

martini - I've been a card carrying member for a while its just to the point where I'm losing my grip right now. Had a tearfest at work today seriously its hormanal time and its making me feel like an insane person my already -bleak outlook on life is being exacerbated about 10fold by the hormones and while logically I know this WILL pass right now? I feel epic the-sky-is-falling, the-world-is-ending dramatic emotions.

silentarctic
05-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Hey girls,

Me again rough night yesterday I totally gave into the emotional eating, I was over my calories but not according to my software (because as annoyed as I am there's no setting in calorie king NOT to count your exercise against your total cals, I like fit day it tracks seperate, but I don't want to NOT record the excercize because I like accountability and being able to flip through my week to see how i'm doing overall like yesterday I did NOT get 30 minutes of activity but on Friday and Sunday I had 3hrs per those days so as long as I am active for more than 30 minutes the rest of my days those long "endurance days" can make up for the ocasional "day off". (i had 25 minutes of walk, to and from work, to my volonteer activity etc.).

All in all I survived and my "binge" wasn't as bad as the olden days would have been (regular serving size bag of chips, instead of a family size) but still frustrating. i do NOT want to work out today I am feeling so tired, exhausted, couldn't sleep because of a cold but I know I need to.

Hope everyone is having better weeks than me I'm just grumpy in general , I know it will pass and the positivity will come back. (Sooner than later I hope!) :)

Cemommster
05-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Good afternoon ladies. I would love to join your group. I often wonder if I will make it to onderland again. I hover between 255 and 266...yikes did I just admit that?

Meka150
05-08-2012, 05:58 PM
I hover between 255 and 266...yikes did I just admit that?

I think you did and it's ok. I use to hover around 285 but then made my way up to 304. So I decided I'm done hovering in the 200s i'm ready to hang out in the 100s.

silentarctic
05-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Welcome Jenny :) You can do it. :)

geoblewis
05-09-2012, 03:12 AM
Yes Jenny! You can do it. It's just a number. It doesn't define you, only what effect gravity has on your body on this planet.

I had a crappy day! My mother is invading my life again and I am not at all pleased with this! I spent the last two hours nibbling on food to deal with stress. Thankfully I don't have many carbs in the house. I'm going to go to bed now and hopefully get a good night's sleep.

I've lost 22 lbs since I broke up with her. I am NOT gaining any of that back and I am NOT going to stop losing weight. And my sister is NOT going to guilt me into anything either. I can't go back to living with that stress. EVER!!!

That is all...

geoblewis
05-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Woke up to a 2-lb gain. :mad: That's just one day of overeating carbs (overeating for me now). I didn't eat 7000 extra calories, but I did eat 160 gm of extra carbs, so the 2 lbs is water. But I'm still under 290 lbs. I am determined not to pop over that! Today I'm back on track and moving forward.

My higher stress levels have affected my boys, so I'm just going back to total no-contact with my mother. She's being moved to a nursing home and I trust that they know what's best for her, better than I do.

Twinny, I'm freaking out about my overseas flight. I'm flying Virgin Atlantic economy but may spring for an upgrade to premium economy for a bit more room/comfort. I weigh substantially less than the last time I flew, but after hearing all the fuss about large passengers being treated so disrepectfully, I am more nervous than I ever was before. I don't require a seatbelt extension any longer, but I have wide hips. Still, my hips are 9" smaller than they used to be! We'll be fine! We will!

silentarctic
05-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Georgia {{{Hugs}}} it happens no big deal you are back on track. I am always a "Question mark" when it comes to the extenders smaller belts I need them, most "normal" ones I don't and some seatbelts are crazy huge it just depends on the seat. If the "premium " is anything like "sunwing" premium-plus it is worth it not to feel like a sardine I actually didn't have to worry about my legs pushing into the person in the seat infront of me. So worth the extra (on sunwing) 80$

Scale down but I'm not cointing on it sticking, still was nice to see 315.6 instead of 319 or even 321. I've been doing "okay" still definitely not perfect. Super busy and have fasting bloodwork on friday so hopefully I do okay. Brocollie and Salsa for lunch again. No time to go to the store so what I had left in the work fridge had to do. At this rate I will be out of that too by the end of the week. It's just crazy busy.

Part of me just wants to fast until I see the scale drop but I know that won't work long term. Well it will be fun to weigh after fasting for bloodwork just to "see a lower number" even though it won't be real it will still be "fun" lol :)

silentarctic
05-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Hey Girls,

Scale was kind, tickers not a lie today, Yeah! So happy about that, trying not to go crazy. with the eating luckily after 7pm I'm not allowed to eat or drink anything for that fasting bloodwork thing. Have a feeling today is a day I'll struggle with the hunger.

Yesterday I didn't eat much all day and ate a lot in the evening was still within my calories but I think my body was hoping I'd keep feasting today. Sorry body you're going to have to tap those fat stores again. :-P

I'm at around 850 Calories including breakfast, snack lunch... I bought a yummy bread i only had one peice it has sunflower and flax seed though so just one peice is 130 cals and i had some cheddar on it (80 cal slice) so decadent but I am just not ready to be hardcore I don't think I will ever fully give up those foods, just... decreasing their portion size and ultimately the frequency I consume them.

Hope you are all doing fab!

silentarctic
05-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Hey girls, 313 again today so not a real difference with the fasting I was allowed to drink a couple glasses of water. I exceeded my cal limit though even though I couldn't eat after 7 wierd really like just because I knew I couldn't eat later i had (nearly) uncontrolable hunger in the afternoon. I think it was the bread, even though its Whole Grain, and supplemented with flax seed I apparently still am having carb issues. :)

silentarctic
05-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Hey Gals,

Need to get back on track with my calories :-O I kinda veered swiftly off plan last night, need to get back on it!

Yet still feeling great unexplicable high, maybe its the 2 peices of white bread I had lol.

Hope ya'll are having fabulous weekends. :)

geoblewis
05-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Silent, so happy to see you here consistently. I fell off the grid for a few days. Mother issues. Weight up even more, blood sugar as well. It's taken me a couple days of cutting carbs again to get my blood sugar back on track. Eating up on carbs reignited my appetite and I found myself snacking too much in the evenings. Hoping that will go away soon now that my carbs are low again.

Having type 2 diabetes is very motivating to me. It's like a game to get that morning blood sugar consistently down below certain levels. I set up goals, just like mini goals to lose weight. The two factors are supposed to be linked, so the lower my weight goes, the lower my blood sugars are in the morning, and once both of those are low enough so that eating up carbs just a little can start happening, I'm going to have waffles!

That's what I'm craving this morning.

In two weeks from this moment, I'll be getting ready to board my flight for the UK. When I think about what I want to wear on the flight, the craving for waffles go away. I want to comfortably fit into the size 22 pants I bought! And I want to fit into the airplane seats.

What's going to keep me on focus while traveling is that I'm starting another fitness challenge in a week. It runs for 12 weeks, and I'm determined to complete it this time! That's my big goal, to actually complete the challenge. I've never consistently stayed with something like that for that long.

Focus, focus, focus! I have goals that seem realistic to me now.

Have a lovely day!

silentarctic
05-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Eating horrible this weekend, drinking/post bar snacks/bachelorette the next night with a ton of snacks argh. Feel like I might need to fast or something to detox from all that junk!

martini
05-13-2012, 07:26 PM
Oh man oh man. I've been hiding from this forum because I didn't want to deal with the realities of my weight. I weighed in this morning at 252.8. This is such a bummer.

I went for convenience over calories this weekend and ended up eating two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches a day (plus other stuff) from Friday through Sunday. That adds up.

So be it. I'm now 24 hours without smoking and am feeling really good about that. The thing that I'm worried about now is how to maintain all the positive momentum I built up over the past year now that I'm floundering. I can totally see how I'm getting increasingly nervous about getting on the scale and staying on plan... and that just leads me to mentally quit and not even bother to try.

silentarctic, georgia - :hug: hang in there ladies!

Cemommster
05-14-2012, 01:56 AM
It's so much nicer here now, outside, so it's easier to go out for a brisk walk and get some exercise.

silentarctic
05-14-2012, 02:08 PM
Martini - So good to "See" you! Congrats on the smoke-free-ness that is so amazing for you.

Cemommster - Its like that here except freezing rain and snow keep deciding to show up and ruin the "it's spring time" party. :)

geoblewis
05-15-2012, 04:43 AM
Girls, you all need to come to my house to go walking. We can walk the vineyards. Temps are in the 80s!

I took DaisyMae to the dog park today. No friends showed up, but there were these birds that were so helpful. The flew really low to the ground and kept Daisy running for 45 minutes. They totally wore her out and she spent the day sleeping.

I had gained a little weight back, but am now losing it again. My upper arms are ridiculously jiggly. It's exciting and disheartening all at the same time. I saw some friends today that I haven't seen in a few months and they said I've definitely shrunk. So I came home and tried on dresses. All my size 24s are very loose and unwearable. Because I usually wear t-shirts, I don't notice how they fit. I usually lose at my belly last, so I still am wearing the 24 pants and jeans, but the thighs are all loose now.

My sleep cycle is off again. I need to go to bed. Just felt like catching up with you all. :hug:

silentarctic
05-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Georgia! *Major Hugs* I know what you mean, I think that will make me have mixed feelings too. I need to wear all my dresses stat, incase I lose weight and can't wear them again. Maybe on tuesday after the long weekend I'll start work a renewed woman. I will feel wierd because there is no dress code at work so I usually wear jeans and a T, not the most professional I know but its comfortable and my logic to myself is if I'm comfy I will be more efficient. I need to order a lot more nylons I think.

Doing "okay" today , ate well most of the tay fell into a vat of popcorn at the end of it. All in all it balanced out. Having a day that I "Feel" thinner. I can't explain it I'm sure I'm the same width i was yesterday nothing has actually changed but I looked in the mirror and felt 'better'. Doubt it will last, logically I know I am still huge but today I'm not going to question it , and hope it lasts a long long time :-D

silentarctic
05-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Hey Ya'll

Not-So-Silent Arctic here again lol :)

Nervous about tomorrows weigh in tomorrow I want it to be a good one again. As long as I weigh a little less than last week this time I'll be content. Obviously a more dramatic loss would be more motivating but I'll take it as long as its not a gain, then I reserve the right to POUT :)

Hope you are all doing fabulous!

silentarctic
05-17-2012, 01:26 PM
309 today
Hollah, Finally got my act together enough that the scale is moving in the right direction again, slowly but surley my ticker is last summers goal maybe I can make it there by this summer? :)

I'm just greatful for 3FC , my beautiful biggest loser coworkers, my fitness minded friends from aerobics, my friend who convinced me to sign up for a half marathon, my friend who walks with me while she walks her dog.

Today I am feeling SO blessed, So lucky, to have such amazing support from people. I wish I could share the same with you.

:)

martini
05-17-2012, 11:55 PM
That's so great to hear, silentarctic! Congratulations!!!

geoblewis
05-18-2012, 12:02 AM
:cb::bravo: Yay Twinnie!!!!! :carrot: :cp: :dance:

I'm so happy for you! And I know how blessed you're feeling, because I've been blessed with the same sort of team around me. You're loved, girlfriend!

silentarctic
05-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Wish I could bottle up yesterdays positivity, I've had a bit of a "crash" after that high but its okay I'll get through it. I think I just need to shake it off with a little dancing so I'm still planing on going out tonight with another friend. So it should be good.

Cemommster
05-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Georgia I would so walk in the vineyards.
Good for you Silentartic. Woo hoo.

silentarctic
05-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Yup Mood Swings allright, had a great time last night. I think I'm feeling uneasy about certain relationships I have and I'm not sure if that is just biochemistry or if I really am doing things to distance/push people away. Partly I think its lower carbs, after I gave in and ate chocolate (sugar) yesterday I felt FINE. So I wonder a bit if lower carb levels are affecting my moods and therefor my perceptions of other peoples actions/inactions.

martini
05-20-2012, 01:12 AM
silentarctic - That's such a hard question - that perception/reality issue and how it's tied up with food and mood - and it's something I struggle with as well. Are these people friends? relatives?

geoblewis
05-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Twinnie, I too am riding a mood swing at the moment. For me, the carbs, or lack of, don't seem to have any bearing on how I feel, but time of the month totally does. I was having really strong carb cravings yesterday. I popped up a little higher than normal on carb intake last night, and today I've got puffy hands and ankles already this morning.

This morning, I was excited to start packing for my trip, then I remembered how my dog Dusty used to get depressed when we would pull out our suitcases and he knew he wasn't coming with us. So I started crying because I missed him so. And I cried for my little Chloe who died a year ago. Then I went to the kitchen to get some water and found all the dirty dishes the boys left in there, so I got really mad! And they're not out of bed yet and it's already 9 a.m.! But I really don't want to deal with them right now because it's quiet and I don't want to cook anything today...I'm so hormonally fickle!

Wish my period would hurry up and start because I want it to be done before I leave!

Have a good day, girls! I know I won't!

geoblewis
05-21-2012, 09:36 PM
Yet another day of cramps, bloating and outrageous carb cravings. I feel so tired, really dragging this afternoon. Just got myself a big iced coffee with cream and an oatmeal cookie. I think I'm done eating and drinking for the day. How long can these cramps continue without aan actual period if approaching menopause?

So, despite the funk, I went to Pilates class and felt great afterward. I noticed that I probably need new workout wear. My pants used to hug my thigh all the way down to the knees. Now they are loose all the way from the top of my legs down. And they have been sliding off my hips a bit more. Wow! That's the first time I'vever shrunk smaller than my stretchy llpants.

Catch you all tomorrow.

silentarctic
05-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Hey Girls,

Offplan this weekend, wind taken out of my sails with bad news on saturday (family member passed away). I did okay up until sunday night and then at a part drank too much, ate way too much and continued with the bad eating the next day (leftovers at my friends place) and cookies today. I know its emotional eating or rather I am focusing my energy on trying to figure out flights, and transportation and hotels and where to get flowers and the 20 million things I have to do before my flight out of here. Not leaving much energy to say "No" to myself.

I'm working on it though if I can make it through this maintaining then I am truely lucky.

geoblewis
05-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Silent, I am so sorry for your loss. :hug:

martini
05-23-2012, 10:48 PM
hey silent - I don't know if you're religiously inclined or not, but if you are please know that my prayers go out to you and your family.

geoblewis
06-02-2012, 04:07 AM
Posting from Edinburgh today. Been having a wonderful time overall, but I have to say that all this walking is taking a toll on my feet! I've walked between three and six miles a day since leaving home. I brought the wrong shoes for that! When streets are old and built with paving stones of varying shapes and profiles, it gets rough to keep trudging along and keep my balance. My feet, ankles, shins and calves have been aching for days!

Beautiful sights all around, and lots of laughs with my friend. I really needed this trip! We've been eating well. I had my first oyster yesterday and I have to say they are delightful! Ate some sea vegetables too! YUM!

So happy we live in modern times. I hiked around Edinburgh Castle yesterday and while it was all beautiful views and romantic settings, there really wasn't a comfortable spot to sit in, the walking was always some sort of ascent or decent and NO WIFI! Ugh!

Today we head for a day-trip to Glasgow. I think we're going to walk more, at least two miles. Two pairs of my pants are getting quite loose and I may have to leave them behind. Making room for some bottles of raspberry Edinburgh gin!

martini
06-02-2012, 09:58 PM
georgia - Yes, your legs might be falling apart, but it's it the most wonderful kind of aching in the world when they're hurting because you're having too much fun living your life to let something like sore feet stand in the way? I'm so happy to hear you're enjoying the UK!

I've been on plan for the last couple of days and bounced back into the 240s! Part of me feels like I dodged a bullet by deciding to stick to my plan even though I really, really just wanted to say 'to heck with this' and keep on eating whatever I wanted.

Onwards and upwards!

geoblewis
06-03-2012, 08:19 AM
Martini, nearing the end of my UK odyssey I've been struggling with the "to heck with this" mindset. Only three more days of good British bacon, Scottish shortbread and all the other lovely treats I've sampled. I haven't been overeating in the sense that I set out to indulge in everything, but when meal times come around, I seem to lose my ability to stop myself from eating the lovely food that is brought to my table. We're only going out for one meal a day and just snacking a little at the apartment. The constant walking lets me feel less worried about that one meal out. And really, what I'm indulging in more is carbohydrates included with the meal.

Like yesterday, we walked a mile from the train station to eat at Two Fat Ladies in Glasgow. I was genuinely hungry for lunch, having skipped breakfast and I am telling you that meal was heavenly! I don't like to eat crap food on holiday. I will eat well, and I did! I just did the math on what I ate yesterday and I probably took in about 1700 calories. That's just the one meal and a few snacks in the evening. That's about maintenance for me, so I don't expect to have lost any weight at the end of the trip, but I don't expect to have gained either.

This morning I'm doing laundry. Later today I'll go out for a stroll to Holyrood Palace. Not a big walk. I don't really feel like eating yet and I'm saving my appetite for dinner at yet another well-recommended restaurant. I have some courgette and asparagus in the fridge for lunch.

Sticking to the plan is good, Martini. I just have to come up with one!

erinmarie312
06-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Hey girls, so I was on this forum before I got pregnant and now I am back!! My little girl is now 8 weeks and this mama is ready to loose weight again! I got down to 260 gained like 35 pounds and now I am 284.4 ultimate goal weight of 180, but seriously can't even imagine me at that weight so will settle at 190-200. I am a tall girl so... For now I would like to see me at 260 again. I had just fit back into 18 jeans and was so happy! Now I am back in fat jeans. Thanks for the support ladies! Good luck!

Underwater
06-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Hey girls, so I was on this forum before I got pregnant and now I am back!! My little girl is now 8 weeks and this mama is ready to lose weight again! I got down to 260 gained like 35 pounds and now I am 284.4 ultimate goal weight of 180, but seriously can't even imagine me at that weight so will settle at 190-200. I am a tall girl so... For now I would like to see me at 260 again. I had just fit back into 18 jeans and was so happy! Now I am back in fat jeans. Thanks for the support ladies! Good luck!

Welcome back and congrats on the little one!

silentarctic
06-06-2012, 07:55 PM
okay I'm back, time to refocus my energies and get a handle on things. :)

erinmarie312
06-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Thanks!!

Welcome back and congrats on the little one!

geoblewis
06-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Today I'm checking in from lovely Santa Barbara, CA. I'm at the Hyatt by the Pacific Ocean. Really hard to concentrate on this writers' workshop on finding one's voice when my inner voice is screaming "Go outside!" It's really lovely out there! Why are we in the room on the second floor with all the windows facing the water?

I really suck at tracking my intake when not on a schedule. I haven't written anything down. I don't track my calories or my blood sugar. I haven't really exercised since coming home from the UK. I'm afraid that the four pounds I lost over the last two weeks will come right back!

I really didn't plan to eat this morning, but found I couldn't switch to workshop mode so I distracted myself with breakfast. And it was good! I ate it all! Smoked salmon and spinach eggs Benedict and a big cup of coffee with cream. I'm sure there was soy in it because now I'm sleepy. I'm not going out to lunch with my group, and perhaps tonight will be an early-to-bed night. Still feeling jet-lag!

Wearing the size 22 pants and tops today!!! It felt strange to not fill up the mirror in the bathroom this morning.

silentarctic
06-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Georgia, awesomeness. Hey gals I am doing okay, had a kind of crazy weekend everything is surreal and not my normal life. LOL :) But it will be okay, I didn't eat super healthy but I'm back down below 310 which is good for me if I can just make it STICK this time and behave. I think I am sort of not on purpose IFing, I tend not to really eat when there is no one else around and even on friday couldn't eat half my lunch. Ah well, I think its nerves, am letting nerves/stress get to me at least I'm not stress eating!

ALEKS
06-11-2012, 05:47 PM
I just wanted to join in this conversation as well, it's been a dream of mine all through my 20's to be under 200..I'm now 31! I can definitely do it. :)

HealthyMeWannabe
06-11-2012, 09:02 PM
I'm in the same boat Aleks. I haven't seen 199 or less since my first year of college. I am so looking forward to getting there!!!!! :D

I am definitely sticking with my plan so far! Last week I had a good loss. I really would love to see 4.4 pounds go away this week so I can be in the 250's again. I haven't been there in over a year.

time to get offline and go do my evening walk around the neighborhood!

EmmaSqrd
06-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm new around here and I can't wait to get to onederland! The last time my weight started with a 1 was in my early 20's (I'm 32 now!). It's time to get back there and I know I can do it! My plan is working, and the inspiration I've found on this site has been an incredible boost.

Here's to ALL of us, we can do it! :cheers:

geoblewis
06-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Silent, I love those unintentional IF days! I'm glad you mentioned not eating when you're on your own. Gives me a new angle to think about with my eating behaviors.

Welcome to our group, Alex and Emma. You're in the right frame of mind, wanting to get on top of your health now. You want to enjoy your lives doing other things later in time, and not be caught up with so much focus and effort on weight loss.

That's where I am now. 51 and my whole focus is STILL on losing weight. This definitely where I set out to be. I haven't weighed less than 200 lbs since my junior year in college. And it's all I want now. I refuse to reach age 55 and still be in the 200s. I spent part of my 30s and all my 40s in the 300s. I want to do so many things that require me to be in good health. I look forward to maintaining a healthy weight and living a vibrant life.

So, I'm still not home. Not for another week. I went to Whole Foods in Santa Barbara yesterday and bought a lot of prepared vegetables to keep in my room. Belly is really full on beg and water now. But I am feeling good. Back on track with very low carb after my holidaze. On shortbread detox!

Take care girls! We're on the right track!

silentarctic
06-12-2012, 01:02 AM
Georgia - Not saying its intentional eating is just more social, so like friday I went out to lunch with a friend and so I ate then but not much of the rest of the day. Saturday I ate supper at a friends but hadn't really eaten the rest of the day and had a cookie at a party later. Sunday I did eat lunch I made, with my roomate, shared some of it so I wouldn't eat more and then skipped supper and ended up being a good thing because had a small slice of pizza at another friends during a movie (and fruit smoothies... afew of them so I'm pretty sure I met my calories EASY that day). Today I had a yoghurt for breakfast but then didn't eat until our volonteer party thing . Its not an intentional thing really but I do I guess subconciously want to save my calories for social settings so I don't feel left out?

geoblewis
06-12-2012, 03:14 AM
I kinda rolled the same way when I was in the UK, Silent. My girlfriend wasn't an early breakfast eater, loved to have a bigger lunch and only soup for dinner. I'm accustomed to eating eggs at breakfast, don't each much lunch but love a big dinner, But in my accomodating way, I skipped breakfast when I knew we were going out, didn't really feel like much of lunch, and then often missed dinner when she wasn't hungry. And we were so busy walking everywhere that I was more worried about the pain in my feet, legs and lower back than the emptiness in my stomach.

This week at the conference, we take care of our own meals in general, and I don't know anyone here, so I haven't been going out. By late afternoon, I'm feeling ravenous! But I don't feel like going out alone in a city where everyone is with family or partners. So I'm just not dealing much with food.

I'm pulling for you, Twinnie! You can break past 300! You're going to do it!

silentarctic
06-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Georgia - I want it so badly I better not self sabatoge, I ate quite a bit last night (mostly veggies though) afew bad simple carbs mmm light fluffy donut. Ooops anyways scale this AM was kind. I saw 303.6 which its been a while. So I have shed a lot of water weight. I'm sort of saving my calories incase we really do have pizza and wine at a friends later.

Even though its super ugly out still trying to round friends up for a walk haha.

geoblewis
06-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Oh Twinnie! So damn close! I am sending you good, metabolism-raising vibes through the Net. I keep hearing Bonk singing in the background..."Walk on. Walk on..."

I walked this morning to the writers' conference. I measured my round-trip route. Nearly four miles a day. So much easier to do it when terrain is modern, paved and flat! Those cobblestone streets in Edinburgh were killers on my feet.

ALEKS
06-12-2012, 02:18 PM
I'll be really excited to hit the 250 mark! :) Then 249! It seems so far...but it sounds soo good.. :)

silentarctic
06-13-2012, 12:57 AM
Twinnie - Glad you are looking after yourself despite the workshops :)

Aleks, you can do it, and not all that far off 14! You can do it. I'm nervouse and exited to finally get to 299 i followed my friends from the 300 club forum here even though I'm still over 300 its been a while coming but I hope soon I will have that elusive 299 show on the scale! :-O

silentarctic
06-13-2012, 02:18 PM
Hey girls,

Saw a 301.6 today crazay! A walk and a small super healthy supper helped, I had practically no sodium yesterday so that helps get rid of water I'm sure as soon as I have a grain of salt I'll jump back up 5 to 10 lbs. I have a crazy ability to retain water. I am just glad that its still downward trending for now.

But it is just that night, also faced a fear, presented an award, was all good. I am shy but I survived. Yeah me!

ALEKS
06-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Yaay!! So close silentarctic! Salt is really bad for me too..I gain by just looking. I never salt anything and only use sea salt in my cooking.

I was BAD today...I wasn't able to take lunch until about 215..so I was famished..ran in the house and ate a "zebra cake" from my husbands stash and 2 granola bars! I'm soo mad at myself!!! I've moved forward, already but I just wish he didn't have to eat so much junk food. To make matters worse he weighs like 120 pounds!

silentarctic
06-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Bracing for a gain tomrrow had a KFC twister and some fries for supper, it was pretty much all I ate all day but the salt :-| Ah well i needed time with a good friend and we hung out for a while so i feel better emotionally.

martini
06-14-2012, 02:14 AM
silentarctic - There's a lot to be said for how healing time with a friend can be. If I had a choice between a 2lb gain because of water retention and a small loss while feeling adrift, I'd take the gain any day.

It's been a weird and hectic few weeks - I haven't been binging or eating poorly, but I've also not been counting calories or being on any conscious plan. I resigned at work the other day and... let's just say they didn't take it well. So be it.

I've got only so much energy to fight these battles and trying to lose weight at the moment just isn't what I'm focusing on. That said, I do check in here on the boards on a daily basis to keep weight loss and good choices in the back of my mind.

Hope you're all doing well!!

ALEKS
06-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Well, even though I stayed on plan all day...and just binged on a package of zebra cakes (little debbie) and 2 granolas...I'm up a pound this morning from yesterday at 272.5. I honestly can't eat anything processed! Grr..I'm disappopinted in myself. New day today. :)

silentarctic
06-14-2012, 12:38 PM
martini : xoxo yeah that was the choice I made, I don't know I just feel so needy lately. The anxiety is causing me to eat less (which I'll take as a silver lining) but I miss being the happy person who just goes with the flow. I'll get back there, I know I will.

Aleks - It's not a real lb i'm sure. Just eat clean today and your body will start eliminating the sugar and salt etc. :)

As for me, the twister didn't do much damage, I maintained my weight from yesterday so I count that as a win. Tonight I may not be so lucky sort of a goodbye girls night for friends going away for the summer and my friends are such good cooks its going to be horribly tempting. :)

ALEKS
06-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence. :)

I'm always careful with stuff like that..when you eat something you know you shouldn't, you don't gain...it makes it easier to do it again...and then down hill! I'm so strong willed with everything else in my life..but not food! How does that happen? I'm glad you maintained. :) Just eat healthy before you go out...then you can have a few bites and tastes instead of eating more than you really want to!

EmmaSqrd
06-15-2012, 02:59 AM
silentarctic - I hope you had fun with the girls! Yummy food with friends is always a good time.

Aleks - I'm right there with you. When I eat something I shouldn't and it doesn't seem to bring any negatives along for the ride I have a much easier time convincing myself it's ok to eat it again...and again. Bah!

My weekly weigh in is tomorrow and I'm hoping for good things. I've stayed on plan all week so I feel great! Hopefully the scale makes me feel even better.

silentarctic
06-15-2012, 10:37 AM
298 I don't count it as real yet. But I do feel like singing and dancing. If I can see a weight of that or lower again on monday I'll believe it.

I am sure at least SOME of this recent weight loss has got to be fat. I know I can retain water like a mofo but its ridiculous.

I at 2 tacos, a taquito, and a bite of a quesedilla, a couple bites of potatoe salad and a cookie yesterday. Not exactly the most salt free stella diet. ~L~ Oh and a yogurt. I was bracing to see a gain from all the salt.

Anyways going to be as vigillant as possible this weekend to try and make these numbers stick, would love to stay under 300 permanently.

silentarctic
06-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Aleks hows it going? :) Feeling better about things today

EmmaSqrd - Sending you the best weigh in vibes!

Twinnie? :) How are you? Miss you, hope the retreat is treating you well.

silentarctic
06-15-2012, 05:17 PM
martini - can it involve gin? lol... I have icecube trays that make spaceship icecubes and I want to use em for the first time and make a gin & tonic and drink it space style to celebrate! LOL :)

EmmaSqrd
06-16-2012, 04:30 AM
Yay silent!!!! Congrats! I think a space drink sounds like a great plan, lol.

Happy weigh in this morning for me so I'm thrilled! 3 more pounds gone that I'll never see again! 2 more pounds and I'll be at my first mini goal of losing 50 and that feels awesome.

Have a great weekend everyone!

silentarctic
06-16-2012, 09:16 PM
emma glad you had a great weigh in. :D

My scale is at work so I am nervous I haven't eaten the cleanest so we'll see on monday but I walked a bit. Had some stressful stuff going on yesterday after-work, stuff I couldn't have predicted but we did what we could do to deal with it and I still mostly had an okay friday night.

silentarctic
06-17-2012, 11:39 PM
Hey Girls,

Nervous about my weigh in tomorrow after a weekend of a couple questionable meals. Nothing super extreme but I had pizza yesterday,and had breakfast today (as in went for breakfast with friends). We shall see how that goes.

silentarctic
06-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Up to 299 again, ah well at least its not 300 (it was 301 with my jeans on for our "official" biggest loser weigh in at work). I hope its just normal fluctuations I'm pretty sure I didn't eat enough cals to be gaining back fat. So its probably water/food weight :)

HealthyMeWannabe
06-18-2012, 02:00 PM
SilentArctic - Yep, you stayed under 300! You go girl!!!! :cheer:

I've been trying to hit the exercise hard. I'm working out with hand weights, doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, and still going to the office gy on my lunch breaks. I am hoping for an awesome loss this week! :tread:

ALEKS
06-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Hello, I'm still here..busy time at work.boo.

Silent, congrats on getting under 300!!! Hope it wasn't too scary weighing in this morning?? crossing fingers!

I'm pleased to say that my loss for this week was 3.5 pounds..so, I'm sitting at 270.5!!! Soooo close to the 260s!!!!! I even saw it pop up on the scale...but the other 3 times it was 270.5.

My eating this week is off to a great start!! :) I'll be heading to the gym today after a week off..EEEK!

silentarctic
06-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Healthy Wanna Be = Thanks - Your going to do awesome :-D

Aleks - Wow fab losses. I can't wait until I am there!

HealthyMeWannabe
06-18-2012, 05:55 PM
Great job Aleks! :cheer: You'll get out of the 270's this week for sure!

I definitely had an NSV today! It was one of my co-worker's birthdays. We decorated her cubicle and my boss brought her a cake. We sang Happy Birthday to her in the conference room and everyone was given a piece of cake. I brought mine back to my desk and sat it on the desk. I looked at it for a good 15 minutes before tossing it in the trash. I didn't even have one single lick of icing! :cheer:

I was totally proud of myself for that! :carrot: No cake! No cake! Woot!

EmmaSqrd
06-19-2012, 11:09 AM
HMW - Yay for no cake!!!! You should be totally proud! I have a really tough time with sweets so I probably would have licked it and then tossed it, lol.

Silent - Yay for staying under 300!

Aleks - Congrats on your weight loss! That's awesome!!!

It's been stupid hot here lately and our AC is broken (and it's taking forever for some part to arrive to fix it...blah!!!) so I think I've been sweating off some extra weight already this week, lol. We've been having salads and wraps for dinner to stay cool and avoid cooking but I need some more ideas so I'm recipe hunting today. Do you guys have any hot weather meal favorites?

ALEKS
06-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Thank you so much ladies!! Yay! I saw 269.5 on the scale this morning!! Can I keep it up for a week? I hope so!!!

silentarctic - you will!!! In no time! :)
Healthymewannabe - hurrah!!! That's a huge accomplishment! I know how hard it woul be for me...cake makes me weak at the knees! It's my nemesis! haha
EmmaSqrd - A curse and a blessing, eh? :) What I do when I'm hot and want chicken is cut it up into cubes and quickly cook it up in a non stick frying pan. It cooks in no time! A nice batch, then you can add it to your salads! :)

Change4Life
06-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Hi there sweeties,

Well, I am feeling strong enough to come back and continue!

We are definitely on the road to recovery and healing...though my heart still aches for my son and our family. We are all in counseling, and making healthy choices. Continue to pray for my son as he still has some unresolved anger and hurt. (For those who don't know, my son was hurt by a friend of his, we became aware of the situation in April. The boy has been charged, and there will be a hearing sometime soon. My son has autism, and was a very easy target.)

I am proud to report that while I did not lose tons of weight, I did not gain back any either, which is what tends to happen to me when I hit something that rocks my emotional boat.

I updated my weight loss on my ticker today and realized that
(drumroll please:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::: )

I AM EXACTLY HALFWAY TO MY GOAL!!!!

That is something to shout about!

Glad to be back. I'll spend several days reading and catching up.

Hope you all are doing well!

silentarctic
06-19-2012, 02:26 PM
emma - I like aleks suggestion, or even with salmon on a salad that works too. I'm lucky I don't have that problem since I live in a cool place its not much of an issue. I generally don't feel like eating when it gets too hot.

Aleks - Yeah! Awesomeness

Change4life - Good to see you again, you did well to keep on track despite all that horrid stress.

I didn't weigh today I ate a big supper last night and just didn't want to see the number. I am back on track today, making quiche for friends (I know... so high cal lol) and a spinach pie for myself. (Going to experiment adding extra egg whites and see if I still like it... no crust, a whole wheat tortilla instead etc.

ALEKS
06-20-2012, 02:29 AM
Change4Life (((HUGS))) to you and your sweet baby. I don't know the situation entirely but I'm super angry for you! Congrats on the halfway mark..that is super exciting!

silentarctic - how did you spinach pie turn out? Where do you live?

HealthyMeWannabe
06-20-2012, 06:06 AM
Change4Life - :hug: I'll definitely pray for your family. Is that your son in your avatar? He's a cute kid! :) God will heal all of you. And congrats on not gaining AND to being halfway to goal! That's awesome! :cheer:

I am a little frustrated with myself this week. I am doing EVERYTHING that I am supposed to do but the scale is going up, not down. :( I'm not cheating on my food one little bit! I'm exercising like a fiend! And still this morning the scale showed 268.6, which is 2 pounds up from Sunday. What in the world is going on? If I was cheating in some way I'd understand why, but to be staying within my calorie limit and to be exercising...I should see pounds dropping, not coming back on. What's the deal? Grrr.... :mad:

ALEKS
06-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Sometimes, when I'm exercising a lot my weight does jump around and go up, it eventually comes back down. I know I panic too..but I did notice this when I'm working out harder.

I got on the scale this morning and it said 268! I haven't been this in almost a year I guess!

silentarctic
06-21-2012, 09:52 AM
Healthy Me - Instead of hating on the scale, be proud of yourself for sticking to healthy life style choices, at least that is how I try and look at it .

Aleks - Congrats on the 268?

My eating was still not the best yesterday argh. I keep doing okay until the evenings. And have a sushi night (argh) planned for tomorrow I want to spend time with my sushi night friends I just have to stock up on some snack veggies or something so I don't indulge too much in the carbs.

Change4Life
06-21-2012, 12:08 PM
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q581/DMarie626/Barren_Heights_crop.png
This picture is from September 2011 - right when I started. I was about 305 here.

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q581/DMarie626/halfway_2cropJlightenPG.png
This picture is from today. Halfway to my goal at now at 239.

Can you see a difference?

EmmaSqrd
06-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Change4Life - Hi there! I'm new around here but I just wanted to let you know I'll be thinking of you and your family. Great job avoiding the weight gain during a difficult time and congrats on the weight loss to date, that's wonderful!!!

Aleks - 268! Congrats!

Healthy Me - Just keep with it and the scale will show progress!!! Sometimes it takes a week or so for my weight to even out after upping exercise, but it's always worth it when the scale finally reflects the hard work. Hang in there and punch a pillow or 2 if you want (it helps me, lol).

Silent - Good plan with the veggie snacks!

It's been a pretty rough week for us but the hubs and I have managed to stay on plan. My weekly weigh in is tomorrow and I'm not expecting a loss like last week, but anything smaller sounds great to me!

ALEKS
06-22-2012, 12:27 AM
Change4Life: Wow, what a difference!! You're looking fantastic and so much younger!

silentarctic: Yep, still stuck at 268 for now, so thank you!

EmmaSqrd: Thank you, hope I can keep up till Monday!! :) Love the punching a pillow idea! haha

geoblewis
06-22-2012, 03:17 AM
Hey girls :wave: Just got home a few hours ago. So tired! But happy to sleep in my own bed tonight. And to get back to livin' la vida healthy!

Have not weighed in yet. Don't plan to until Sunday morning. While I walked a lot during my month-long travels, I wasn't as faithful to diet as I wanted to be. My body is feeling sluggish from over-indulging. So, I'm going to spend the next few days getting back on track with drinking water and eating my veg and not eating any of the stuff that I shouldn't be eating.

Will check in with everyone soon. Time to get some sleep!

silentarctic
06-24-2012, 02:39 PM
Welcome back georgia! :)

I think I'm way back over 300 the moment of truth will be our final weigh in for our biggest loser. I'm planning on drinking a lot of water today and hoping for the best. Also keeping busy trying (though distracted I stopped in) to try and declutter a little bit. My house is SO out of contro and I need a serious purging to get things in order so I don't constantly feel overwhelmed!

CaliforniaDreamer
06-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Hey ladies! Haven't posted in here in a while. I fluctuated quite a bit, I went to the 250's for a while but I recently got back on track and I've been losing. :)

CW: 248 (-47)

47 lbs down, 49 lbs to go.

ALEKS
06-24-2012, 07:17 PM
geoblewis - welcome back, with the right attitude! :)

arctic - I think when you get your house organized, you will feel more organized with your weight loss. I'm like this..If I have dishes piled up and the floor needs sweeping and the garbage hasn't been taken out...I think WHY bother...I can't focus on my self if no one is helping me with everything else! It's frustrating, I know! I have to keep on top of everything myself..it's a tough place to be.. but if it's a disaster I binge.

californiadreamin - Good for you! :)

Texas Yankee
06-24-2012, 08:32 PM
Hi! I'm new here and would love to join this thread. I started at my highest of 287 and am down to 278 as of yesterday's weigh in (which was followed by a "cheat" afternoon so I didn't weigh myself today.) I have a long way to go to 199 but slow and steady and sticking with it.

silentarctic
06-25-2012, 01:29 AM
Sunday was friend day I didn't exercise I did some of the declutter so did roomie, part two tomorrow, tuesday , wednesday etc.

Called a friend up went for a visit, and then ended up being there for another friend via phone and chatted up with another on facebook just being silly its what I needed even if it meant not cooking and having PB toast for supper but oh well. :) I have a little quinoa soup leftover for my breakfast tomorrow after the weigh in. :)

ALEKS
06-25-2012, 09:51 AM
Hi ladies, I lost 2.5 this week and I'm at 268. :D

silentarctic
06-25-2012, 02:35 PM
The Yankee - awesomeness welcome

Aleks - Sweet!

Martini thanks for the encouragement.

I'm hovering at 301.4 Not excstatic but I'm 'okay' with that.

ALEKS
06-25-2012, 02:43 PM
silentarctic - It will be a better week, this week. All those activities are behind you. :)

EmmaSqrd
06-25-2012, 05:52 PM
geoblewis - Welcome back and hello!

silent - I have to purge stuff around the house constantly to keep myself sane, lol. I love to organize things!

CaliforniaDreamer - Hi there! Great job with your weight loss to date!

Texas Yankee - Hi and welcome! Slow and steady is the way to do it for sure. Just stick with your plan and you'll reach your goal!

martini - Hello! Just deciding to start again makes it the perfect time, imo!

Aleks - Congrats on 268! You're doing great!

Our AC is still broken and the temp is still out of control! I marinated and grilled up a bunch of chicken this weekend in the morning before it was hot (lol) so we'll be using that all week in salads and wraps. Hopefully our missing part shows up soon!

By the way - It's so nice to see more names around here! Being able to check in with all of you here is really helpful for me. We can all help each other through this!

ALEKS
06-25-2012, 11:20 PM
EmmaSqrd - Thank you! :D

And good for you being on the ball. It's super hot here.. 30 C and HUMMMMMID! Yuck! I hope your part comes soon..that's a TOUGH one! I hope it's okay if I still post here a little bit even though I have moved down xo

geoblewis
06-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Hey girls! I'm still here, but I haven't had an opportunity to even lurk in over a week. I started working at my Pilates studio as the trainer's personal assistant, plus I'm building her website. I haven't worked at a traditional 9 to 5 schedule for years so I'm having quite a time adjusting to it. I'm so tired every night!

Whatever weight I lost while on vacation has come right back since returning home.

I was stressing over x-husband issues and overeating to deal with the emotions. I am feeling very sad and angry that my youngest son came home 20+ lbs heavier after spending a month with his father. And now that I'm at work, he's at home watching TV and overeating all day. I've given him lists of things to accomplish daily, but then all I get from him now is rebellious attitude and a definite "Mom, you are so stupid" vibe from him. He gets that from his father too! Okay, done discussing this!

I've got a residual physical issue from vacation. During my extensive walking, I hurt my ankle. Definitely a tendonitis and plantar fasciitis thing. I have to stay off my foot and ice it as much as possible. So, no walking, no cardio classes, can't even use my rowing machine. They all exacerbate the problem.

I'm now adjusting my calories down, which is really rather hard when I'm managing emotions with food. Wish I were immune to that behavior. Thought I was not plagued with that any longer but I guess I was wrong! So, hopefully I can learn to manage emotions with all the zucchini and chard I got in my vegetable box this week, instead of all the cheese in the refrigerator.

Take care and hope to chat with each of you soon. Hang in there! Don't let the summer heat melt you! (Except for the subcutaneous fat cells...we'll let the summer heat go postal on that!)

taylorrr21
06-30-2012, 11:09 AM
hey guys! hope your all doing well!
im hoping to get out of the 200's within the next two months
sw 250
weight today 227
hopefully il see onederland soon!!

amazing losses guys!

ALEKS
07-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Hi ladies...you're all so quiet! I am down to 266, hurray! Although, food poisoning helped me get to that number :`( I'm sure of it!

geoblewis - Hurray on getting a new job, that's so exciting! You'll be used to it before you know it! :) Sorry about all the emotional stuff going on. Take it out on raw carrot sticks and broccoli instead. Let the frustration turn into frustrtaion to end bing eating...I suffer from that too!!

taylorrr21 - wish you much success, you're doing great! :)

Texas Yankee
07-02-2012, 08:40 PM
How is everyone? I hope everyone is staying cool in this heat wave. We have actually had a couple of "coolish" days in Texas. Coolish meaning not over 100.

I'm at 276. I am really hoping to lose 10lbs in July. I keep my calories below what LoseIt! tells me too but I feel like I'm lucky to get 2lbs a week. And 199 seems so so far away. I'm trying to stay focused on my mini-goals. I've checked the first one off my list; lose ten pounds.

EmmaSqrd
07-03-2012, 01:05 AM
Hi guys!

It was a happy weigh in this week for me and I'm now at 238.2. I can't remember the last time I was lower than 240, so that really made my day! We're still dealing with insane heat and no AC, ugh! We're moving in 2 weeks and packing up while sweating is oh so much fun, lol. Hope you're all staying on plan and kicking butt!

geoblewis - Hang in there! Emotional stuff is always so draining. I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with quite a bit of it right now. Take it easy on your ankle and you'll be ready to work out again soon!

taylorrr21 - Welcome! You're on your way to onederland! Keep the door open a crack for me when you get there ok?

ALEKS - Ugh food poisoning! I hope you're feeling MUCH better now. Yay for your weigh in! Keep it up, you're doing great!

Texas Yankee - I'm melting in this heat, blah! I'm hoping for some "coolish" days under 100 myself, lol. Congrats on the weigh in and your first mini-goal! I know it can seem like such a long road at times, but if you stick with your plan you WILL get there! Let's kick July in the face and make it a great month!

HealthyMeWannabe
07-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Great job Emma! :dance:

I cannot see any changes when I look in the mirror, but my pants are fitting more loosely and people at work have commented that they can see a difference, which is cool. :)

geoblewis
07-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Hey Healthy...the loose pants thing is my favorite thing! It means impending shopping trip for clothes is on the horizon. Congrats on sticking with the effort it takes to make that happen!

Emma, excellent milestone! You must be so excited! My heart leaped for you! :D

Tex, the mini goals are the right focus. I get so disheartened with the long-term goals so I focus on where I want to go in the short-term. And I try to make it effort-oriented too. Like I'll congratulate myself when I've consistently worked out for the week or I've stuck with limiting my carbs for the week. If I keep doing those two things, I will lose weight, no matter how slow the rate is.

ALEKS, had to laugh at your food poisoning comment. When I lived overseas in Indonesia I got e-coli from undercooked meat. I lost about 25 lbs. I felt horrible, but was so excited to lose the weight. Kept hoping I would get it again! But you're making excellent progress!

Twinnie and Martini, where are you? Hope you're doing well. I'm thinking of you!

I have had a really difficult time picturing myself thin and fit. I've never really been. Yes, I was fairly close to goal weight in high school, but I didn't see myself as thin or fit back then. I felt like a horse! This time, when I get there, I will definitely appreciate my status!

I can see my shoulder muscles now. And my upper arms have melted enough fat for me to start seeing the distinction between where my arm muscles are and where the skin is just hanging off me. Not focusing on the ugliness of the hanging skin. Focusing on the emerging muscles! I can feel my triceps for the first time and that is blowing my mind!

So glad the American holiday is over and I can purge the house of potato salad. Damn, that stuff is tasty! I've been on a potato binge since returning from my trip. I think I need to eat more greens. I kinda missed out on them while traveling. Maybe I'll top my potato hash with kale this morning! :devil:

EmmaSqrd
07-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Healthy Me - Thank you! Yay for your loose pants! I think I read that you're doing JM's 30 Day Shred? If so, how do you like it so far? I think I want to try that in a few months when I'm a bit more fit, lol.

geoblewis - Thank you so much! My husband and I have both been overweight for most of our lives, so I totally understand what you mean about not being able to picture yourself thin and fit. I have the same high school experience too (fit but slightly overweight...and felt like a gigantic cow)! I will also definitely appreciate my body when I get to my goal weight. Emerging muscles?!?! That's awesome, keep it up!

Everyone else - Hi! Hope you're doing great and staying on plan!

Today was my weekly weigh in and I'm now at 236.2, down 2 from last week! It still amazes me that the weigh keeps coming off. I don't think I ever really thought I could do this for an extended period of time...and now here I am 6 months into it. For some reason I was really, really hungry this week so that made it a bit harder, but I stuck with my plan and it paid off. Yay!

I realized this morning that this is the first time I've truly believed I can achieve my weight loss goal. I cried about that like a baby, lol. I know I can do this, and I know all of you can do it too!

geoblewis
07-07-2012, 02:18 PM
I still want potatoes...

So, I'm taking the weekend to get a break from all things food. Just drinking water with lemon. I have to do this every once in a while. It really helps me, especially when I've been careless and have ignored the food sensitivities. I feel bloated and achy again and I don't like it, especially when it's hot outside.

I have been doing great getting back to Pilates. It helps that I'm now working at the studio! I have to exercise every day and I have time to do my weight training there as well. LOVE IT!!!

On the 4th, my kids, the dog and I walked just a short way to a park where we could view the fireworks. Even that little walk affected my ankle and I'm having to ice it down all over again. No full planks, Downward Dog step aerobics for me for the rest of the month! The ambitious me feels quite sad about this, but the lazy-*** me is overjoyed!

Have a good weekend, chickies!

HealthyMeWannabe
07-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Emma - I really REALLY want to do a full 30 days of Jillian's 30 Day Shred but never seem to make it very far. I've started and restarted that program so many times. It's a really good workout in a short period of time, but I find that I get bored doing the same thing over and over, just like with so many other workout DVD's. I am sure that if I stick with it I'll see results, but I really struggle with sticking with it for a long period of time. The longest I've ever made it is 11 days before I got tired of it and stopped.

geoblewis
07-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Good Monday to you all. My dog got me up about 45 minutes ago, so I got my coffee and cream, had my breakfast and am checking in with you all...

I woke up hungry. I don't like that. Not the normal hunger in the morning but the I-can't-be-satiated sort. I just had a nearly 600 calorie breakfast and I think I could eat another one! It's because I finished out yesterday with carbs...never a good idea for me.

I have ambitions for the day. Leaving for work in an hour, taking the morning Pilates class, then doing a weight training workout and some therapeutic exercises on my shoulders, knees and ankles in the afternoon and having an early dinner. Just a two-meal day plus lots and lots of water. Hoping it'll all have a positive effect on my heat-induced edema. I've gained 9 lbs in the last three days and I know it's because of the heat and the higher-than-usual carb intake. Stupid holiday potatoes!

I just read an article about how being overweight alone is potentially not the health risk once believed it was. It's the weight-gain risk of diabetes and hypertension that are the problem. You can read the article here (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/07/120706234749.htm). Oddly, when I do everything in my power to control said factors, I lose weight. Hmmm.

So I'm off to take my vitamins and other supplements. A meal in themselves! Maybe I'll stop feeling hungry after that.

EmmaSqrd
07-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Healthy Me - Thanks for the info! I've heard 30DS is great for losing inches so I'm really looking into doing that when I'm less likely to pass out and/or puke while doing it, lol. I think I may start it in January as a kick start to the new year, we'll see! I've also heard great things about Body Revolution and I think I'll try that one first, probably some time in October. Have you tried any of her other workouts?

geoblewis - I love hearing about your Pilates stuff! I really want to start taking some classes myself but I just don't know where to start. I've never done it before and I'm sure I'll embarrass myself for the first month or so but I'd love to do it anyway! How long have you been doing Pilates?

geoblewis
07-10-2012, 11:22 PM
Emma, I've been working at Pilates for two years and it's the best thing for me and my temprament. I am very lucky to have a warm, caring and encouraging trainer who is well-trained and has been in the fitness industry for 20+ years. It's a small studio and I get a lot of attention. Starting off at 325 lbs, I felt very intimidated by the whole thing. I was sure I wouldn't be able to do it, but she really encouraged me and helped me along. I started with a single private session to learn the basic cues, then took a beginning-level class for a few weeks. Then she encouraged me to join a mix-levels class where I saw what more advanced students were achieving. She cued for modified moves for every individual because she knew them all so well. Week by week I improved. It wasn't long before I started to feel like I really belonged there, and I really saw a difference in my abilities. Then my body started changing. I dropped a pants size without even losing weight! And eventually the weight started to come off.

I now attend a Pilates class every day. I am having ankle problems left over from the extensive walks during my vacation and I have to stay off it, but once I am able, I'll be adding the cardio Pilates class two mornings a week. My trainer is talking about having me get a fitness certificate and then she'll train me to teach the beginning classes, probably next year. I'm nervous about doing that, but really flattered that she asked me. She could have asked a lot of other, fitter-looking people. Asking me made me feel really let go of a lot of my self-doubt. And then she started calling me an "athletic" person.

This woman is crazy!!!! :D

geoblewis
07-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Hello chickies! Hope you're all having a fun summer.

I have fallen into the clutches of overeating this last week. Struggling so with portions and the old grazing behavior. It was emotionally triggered (mother issues, teenager issues) and backed up with hormonal issues (menopausal but still have cyclical carb cravings and mood swings around the time my period might show up). I'm now trying to get my head back in the game.

Sometimes, it feels like when I try to push against my old behaviors, it's a losing battle. Obviously, I still haven't gotten on top of my old inclinations to overeat in order to deal with intense emotional situations. Mostly an issue with anger, but also trying to find balance in my life. I'm in the process of rediscovering myself and I am finding there are two distinct sides to me, the side that finds value in order and consistency and the side that has no desire to ever put any effort into making that happen. Constant conflict!

I have totally gone nuts on the carbs in the last week and packed on (again) 8 lbs. Up and down and up and down...I'm getting nauseous! So, it is my intention and goal to cut the carbs again, down to the bone (25 gm) for the next two weeks. Not going to worry so much about portions and caloric intake for now. That'll come later after I've made it through the next two weeks. I'm sure my blood sugar has gone up appreciably again. Too scared to check!

My Pilates instructor is off for the week and there's been no class. I'm focusing on resting my troublesome foot so that I can participate again next week. I've been wearing a brace on it to deal with the strained ligaments and plantar faciitis. The ligaments are actually feeling a lot better, but not the faciitis. I'm now rolling a nubby ball thing under my foot and it hurts so much that I want to sing opera!

Take care and hope to chat with you all again soon.

geoblewis
07-22-2012, 06:31 PM
Way to rock the plan, Martini. Hope you're having a lovely weekend and the preparations for moving are going well.

My foot is still giving me problems, so I'm going for a proper shiatsu massage this afternoon. I have two hours to kill until I leave! I am really looking forward to this massage. I may be in tears from getting worked over, but they'll be the good kind.

I'm trying to stay away from all the wrong food today. Just doing it one meal at a time. The boys are hosting a Dungeons and Dragons event in the living room right now so I'm hiding in my bedroom. Letting the dog supervise. But I'm getting hungry! I hear some broccoli calling to me!

Hope to hear from you all soon.

HealthyMeWannabe
07-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Good morning folks!

Friday was awful for me. Honestly it all started Thursday night. My husband and I went out to dinner and I got food poisoning. I also came down with a migraine at the same time. I ended up at the ER at 3:30AM. After a shot of Zofran for nausea and Dilaudid for the migraine (I love that stuff!!!!!) I came back home at 6:15AM and slept all day long. Being sick, I didn't eat much at all that day. It was a rough day. Saturday I was better but still not 100%. Sunday I was back to my normal self though. And today I am back at work.

I'm feeling very motivated to kick 3 pounds to the curb this week and get out of the 260's. I am so close! Gonna hit the office gym at lunch today!