100 lb. Club - Regainers Relosing. Get it off AGAIN! - pt 2

Pages : [1] 2

konfyoozed
03-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Starting a new thread since the other one should have been closed already :)

Good morning ladies and happy Friday!

I am always scared of Fridays. Friday = Cookout and Cookout = potluck side dishes. Which means so much food to choose from! The good news is, the community is taking part in a wellness initiative (competitive with teams of 4) so a lot of people are bringing more healthy stuff. Yay for that.

Hope you all have a good day!

eeyoredja
03-16-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm here, I'm here! Jut crazy busy with my little ones...I have stayed op so far, and am really proud of myself! My hubby wanted ice cream last night, so he went to the store to get it, and brought me home some skinny cow ice cream sandwiches, he is such a sweetheart. He is really supportive and has been asking for salads for dinner lol.

SMSDREAMER2007
03-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Gramie - Thats how I was for soooooo long when I plateaued. I wish I had advice on getting back on track. It was SOOOO hard for me to do :\ I know you can do it though. Maybe try budgeting your calories out for each meal?

Slashnl- I find my scale sometimes goes UP if I don't wait till official weigh in day. Go figure. What is your sodium like?

Konfy- Hey there is always that! I have faith in you, you will do it!

eeyor- Awww so sweet! I wish my boyfriend liked veggies! He is losing weight with me, but is VERY much a meat and potatos man :\ Its like pulling teeth to get him to eat veggies....fruit he will eat if it is apples, oranges or bananas...that's almost it. In fact last night at subway he told me I will probably have to force veggies on him LOL

So NOT stepping on the scale today. I went over my cals yesterday....by A LOT! ugh....Over on sodium too which means I am probably holding about 5 lbs in water weight :\ Ill wait till tomorrow or monday to do it. Lots of studying today YIPES! have a good day ya'll!

Arctic Mama
03-16-2012, 02:53 PM
I'm cheering for you, ladies! And as for me, still doing very well here :). I can't complain.

mahtha
03-16-2012, 03:20 PM
I'm late to the party today!

Mandy, thanks for getting the new thread started!

SMSDREAMER2007, I've wondered about the old vs new WW programs as well so last night I recalculated this week's journal the old way. Ironically, the points totals are almost exactly the same! From new to old I traded the extra carb points (mostly 5/serving vs the old 3) for fruit which is free now but cost a point on the old program. There wasn't a single day I had a differerence of more than 2 points! I'm gonna keep at it a few more weeks and if I don't see some movement by the end of the month I'll have to try something different.

Thistoo, I wish I could give up carbs. I've cut waaaay back, but without them I'd A) feel like I was on a strict diet and have a hard time sticking to it for any length of time and B) have to cook really differently for myself than the rest of the family. I try to eat no more than a single serving of carbs once a day. Sometimes I'm more successful than others, but at least I'm not eating half my daily calories in carbs anymore.

eeyoredja, congarats staying OP. I can't imagine how challenging that can be with young children.

Arctic Mama, Thanks for cheering us on, your ticker is great inspiration!

It's cold and raw here again which is perfect comfort food weather. I had to use every distraction possible to keep myself from grazing the leftovers in the fridge last night but I did it. I ate exactly what I had planned and no more. I didn't manage to get my exercise in so I need to be sure to spend some serious time with it tonight. One way or another I'm going to bust this damn plateau.

konfyoozed
03-16-2012, 04:25 PM
found this: http://www.youtube.com/user/BeFitin90/featured

thought it might be interesting... thinking i'll give it a shot, if hubby will let me use his laptop where i've got more room to work out!

findingfawn
03-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Just popping in to say hi! Walked by the computer and thought OMG I never visited 3FC today!

I'm on plan and did my workout.. all is well so far for the day!

Hope everyone is having a good day too.

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-16-2012, 05:39 PM
MANDY ~ that FIT IN 90 warm-up is enuff for some people. WOW, you must be in great shape to take these on. I like the MOCK JUMPING ROPE -- great idea: it kinda looks like dancing a bit; reminds me of MOCK BOXING, which I can do. :D

DGRAMMIE ~ hang in there; today's a new day. Keep going. I was so hungry last night; had some chz and toast but still stayed in my calories for the day. Today, I upped my day meals and snax to see if that helps; and I am feeling much better today. I figure my body was sending me a message ...

We have awesome temps here today; in the high sixties (68F) with :sunny: and they are predicting in the 70's this weekend. Spent some time outdoors today. Hope you all enjoy the weekend too ... :D

Beverlyjoy
03-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Hi relosers - yesterday was a mostly healthful day. I accomplished many of my goals. However, I woke up in the middle of the night with an awful stomach ache. So, I ate some unplanned crackers - it helped. (along with Maalox and Pepto). I ate raw apples yesterday... I don't think I am ready for that, I guesss. Sigh.

I did my journalling yesterday, lots of water, planned/measured/logged food, always left a bite, worked on slowing down & tasting the food, tried to 'feel' the food in my stomach, read my Beck info, stretches & strengthening and more.

Need to work on fork down between each bite, eat sitting only, giving myself credit, using my resistance techniques and more.

I hope you all have a good weekend.

heathermichigan
03-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Hello all!! HAPPY WEEKEND! Yay!
Still getting better, so still not working out. :mad:
Maybe tomorrow or Sunday. The scale isn't being good to me, but I've eaten on plan all week anyway.
Tonight I went out with my sisters and ate more than normal and less healthy food than normal, but we shared everything and I didn't go crazy at all. It was probably only a few more carb servings and fat servings than a normal day for me. No dessert, which is my fave! One drink. Not bad! I'm happy with it and plan to eat healthy most of the rest of the weekend (maybe dessert tomorrow....a couple bites...for a birthday dinner).
I hope the rest of you have a wonderful and relaxing weekend!!

kmac1196
03-17-2012, 08:46 AM
Morning ladies. Glad to see your all hanging on.

I'm still OP. But yesterday, I got on the scal and I was up a pound. Which means I'm exactly the same weight I was on Sunday! GRRRR. WTH??!! This program is supposed to take off weight super fast. I don't know what's going on but I'm annoyed. I can lose weight this slow calorie counting/WW. I'm going through all this trouble with supplements and getting rid of stuff for the flushes it brings. Yet, not bringing now. Hmph. I've committed to 30 days (4 weeks , actually). I'm half way there. At the end of this I'll decide to either continue on FF or switch back to calorie counting based on my results. On a side note, I've been trying to wait to start running again until I get to 215, but since it's taking longer than I thought, I'm not waiting. Restarting C25K this morning!! Focusing on healthy eating and fitness goals for now. Praying the weight will cooperate! But, there really is no other alternative. Onward!

kmac1196
03-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Oh, scratch that. Just got on the scal and am down 1.8 for the week. Yesterday must have been a weird glitch. Official weigh in is tomorrow though so I won't change my ticker yet. Did go on my run this morning! Felt so good!!!

salsa chip
03-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Hi ladies (and any gents lurking),

Oh, I need to sit down and figure out what my plan actually IS so that I can have a cat in he-double-hockey-sticks' chance of actually staying OP. Life is crazy crazy - but that's not an excuse, of course. When life is out of control, the food is the one thing I CAN control. I just need to translate this into action.

My most significant (or least lame) idea so far is just having a fixed week plan for dinner: Sunday this, Monday that, and so on. No variation. I pick seven sensible dinners for the week and just repeat it.

It might sound boring, but right now I barely have any energy (physical or mental) to go to the shops and think creatively about what I'm going to eat. So I guess if I think, 'It's Monday, today I have pasta,' then at least I'll have a purpose when I do my groceries and will have a smaller chance of being lured into buying the whole store.

Right? :?:

Beverlyjoy
03-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Hi relosers! Yesterday was a healthy day - I am so grateful. I needed to get it 'under my belt" (no pun intended) For me, when I do get in a healthful day - it gives me something to build on.

I accomplished many goals, some were: plan/measure/log food, no seconds, leave a bite, really worked on slowing down/feelingfullness/tasting the food, weighed, journalled, read my materials, and more. The most important thing I did was a meditation.

Yesterday's meals:
breakfast - cooked chicken breast, pumpkin with margerine/cinn/sfs maple syrup.
Lunch- eggs and toast, morningstar bacon, cucumber
snack - fiber cereal, skim milk, banana
dinner - grilled pork tenderloin, brown rice, salad with evoo/vinegar
snack - peanut butter toast with honey, 1/2 banana, rice cake

It's been beautiful weather... been outside enjoying it as much as possible.

Hope you are all doing well!

Muggles
03-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Survived my roadtrip!! In the past I could easily eat 10,000 calories and drink 4 liters of diet pepsi in a 36 hour road trip.

This time....

ZERO pop
ZERO meat
ZERO wheat
just ONE dessert

I did overdo a bit on my dried fruit and nuts but I did SO SO SO much better than last time!!!!

kmac1196
03-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Way to go Muggles!!! We're going to NYC in April and I'd like to say the same.

BevJoy...your menu looks yummy! And congrats on the OP day! All you have is today and you nailed it! Yay you!!

Salsa...sounds like a good plan. My husband and I sit down every Sunday with our recipe book (it's an enormous 3 ring binder with our favs) and a computer (maybe something new to print) and write out our dinner menus for the week based on what we're in the mood for and if it has to be quick because of evening activities, etc...I do lots of crock pot stuff which is easy and awesome and gives me lunch left overs too. Some days I don't have the energy to think! I know how it is. Then we make our shopping list based on what we need for each recipe. I take the recipes out of the book and put them on a clipped magnet on the side of the fridge (hidden 'cuz I don't like clutter...LOL ;) ). We do this every week and it keeps us both on plan. Maybe try some healthy crock put stuff to make it easier for you? Keep us posted!!

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-17-2012, 08:02 PM
KRISTEN ~ that's a great idea. I have a set weekly menu, but I just vary the meals each week a bit so we don't get too bored with it, i.e. Wed is pasta day, but we vary the pasta dish each week.

MUGGLES ~ good for you; road-trips are a big test for many people and you did well.

BEVERLYJOY ~ back to eating on plan (more regular food) and doing well; that's great!

SALSA ~ that's actually a good strategy (to keep it simple); if it works for ya -- do it! That's what matter most ... :) It works for us.

HEATHER ~ that's great that you ate well all week; it will work out in the end. Hope you feel better soon ...

We've had absolutely gorgeous weather here (+19 C or about 68 F); felt like summer out there but was a tad humid, but we spent some time outside anyways inspecting our gardens, etc.

Ate well this weekend too: been drinking more tea to help cravings, and that helped a lot; and changed up my snacks & dinner just a bit and that seemed to help too. Last night, I had chicken patties & onions with a salad (kinda like hamburger steak only patties made of chicken instead). Tonight, I had fish, corn, and a mixed salad.

I had chz & toast for breakfast yesterday & veggie pita pizza for lunch; today, med wg bagel & pb for BF, and egg salad sandwich for lunch. SNX: fruit (orange, strawberries, banana, apple), chz slice, turkey pepperettes, and 100-calorie popcorn this afternoon.

Have a super-duper Sunday everyone ... :flow1:

konfyoozed
03-17-2012, 09:37 PM
warm weather here in SC too. up in the low 80s and sunny for most of the day!

tax checks came in, so first thing i did was order my heart rate monitor so i can get going with the accurate exercising! :D also took an idea that a couple folks' on this site have mentioned and ordered myself a pandora-esque bracelet and charms to go on it. one charm for every 10 pounds. they are about $10 apiece, and that means 1 dollar per pound. i can make that work! (especially if i order them off of amazon.com and get free shipping on 3+) so i got my bracelet with 3 beads and will keep working toward adding new ones.

mahtha
03-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Hi everyone :wave:
A major NSV for me today: I spent the day prom dress shopping and neither ate nor drank myself into oblivion once I escaped!

An OP weekend so far though crazy busy. Right now there are a dozen 17 and 18 year olds downstairs celebrating a birthday. The cat and I are hiding upstairs :D. The warm weather will get here early in the week, I'm looking forward to firing up the grill and cooking some summer favorites mid-March.

I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend.

Muggles
03-17-2012, 10:17 PM
What is an NSV?

Muggles
03-17-2012, 10:19 PM
I did it. I rejoined the local gym. Last time I joined with my mom and sister but when they drifted away from it, so did I. This time I joined with my kids. My daughter is going to go with me 3 days a week and my younger son is going with me twice a week. I'm hoping to also go a few days a week while they are at school. They are going for the weights so if I can do my cardio in the morning, then I can weight train with them in the evening. Dream big!

konfyoozed
03-17-2012, 10:21 PM
NSV = non scale victory :)

also: yay for going to the gym! i love it... but i'm going to be sad when i don't have this super small campus gym that's almost always empty.

SMSDREAMER2007
03-18-2012, 02:47 AM
Hey all. Left at 7:10 this AM to meet my boyfriend at the farmers market to buy him some good stuff (he is knew to the no-eating-processed-food thing, 33 and literally can't cook. i know i know, i'm working on it :D ), then we went to the store and finished his grocery shopping, after that it was on to the pet store to get his newfoundland some yummy orhganic food. Finally we got lunch at a chicken teriyaki place (I had sushi, the healthiest alternative!) and saw a movie (21 jump street is AWESOME BTW) then I went to ulta for a friend and picked up her lipstick. Got home at exactly 9 pm and just finished homework. I am EXHAUSTED and am heading to bed. I was completely on plan today :D balanced my two high days out nicely this week. Average is 1310 cals a day and my limit is 1440. Hopefully the scale loves me this week. I d love to see 243.3 or 242 but we shall see! right, off to bed for me. Just wanted to check in before I passed out will do personals when I get a chance (maybe not tomorrow, will be at old navy with a friend for part of the day and that old navy store is 2 hrs from me (yikes!)

findingfawn
03-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Hey everyone! Sounds like everyone is having a great weekend!!!

Wow.. I was just looking at those befit in 90 videos.. crap I couldn't make it 2 minutes into the warmup video or video 1 or what ever it is..lol

I didn't have the greatest day yesterday, but today is a new day and it has been pretty good :)

Vladadog
03-18-2012, 08:26 PM
I don't get the time to pop on in here very often but I'm so glad to see this subgroup is still going strong. It's great to know I'm not alone in the whole relosing thing.

I'm doing okay staying on plan and losing the weight I regained. So far so good. But I frequently have days where I am just soooooo pissed off at myself for regaining this stupid weight. I could just kick myself. Why why why did I let this happen. Blah blah blah. Whine whine whine.

Sorry, i just had to vent. I'm sure I'm not alone in this remorse and self recrimination. I'm just hoping by the time I get back down to my previous low weight I have at least a sliver of a clue about how to keep it from ever happening again.

mahtha
03-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Happy Monday, everyone!

It's a beautiful day here and it's supposed to get better and better as the week goes on. I think I feel a cold coming on.:devil:

I'm thrilled to see everyone staying on track and checking in.

Did another college visit yesterday including lunch out. I spent a a lot of points on one meal, but it was really good and I had planned for it so I had them to spend. I'm so determined to stay OP. I know I have a long road ahead of me and I'm not willing to slow down my progress with any of those little detours. As slowly as I'm going it doesn't seem my initial goal of 50 pounds by late August is realistic anymore, but let's see how close I can get. Anything is better than nothing.;)

findingfawn
03-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Happy Monday everyone!

So far today is on plan, I'm trying hard to not stress eat! I have a phone conference with my oldest's school today. He wanted to go back to public school so he did, now its just one problem after another. I want to pull him back out and homeschool him but at the same time I know he and I butt heads too much and that isn't good for us either. I'm already stressing about what they are going to complain about this time. They always seem to try to put whatever is going on with the kid and their grades/behavior on the parents, and well I can't be with him while he is there, so how can any of that be on me? We teach him right from wrong and the importance of working hard, if he takes what we tell him and show him or not, well that is on him, not me. GAH.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Slashnl
03-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Hi all. I didn't make it here over the weekend. It was hectic. But, back at it on Monday. I weighed myself and nothing happened over the past week. But, I'm also not going to stress about it. I'll just keep being on plan and dealing with it. It will work again.

Went to spin class this morning. It was tough. Then, on to Body Pump tomorrow. Just keep working out....

So thankful for this thread!

shadowclaw
03-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Checking in after a week or so of silence. Got back from a trip to Belize yesterday. I had the time of my life! I also had a pleasant surprise when I came home. I left for Belize weighing 264, and I returned weighing 261! I thought I was going to gain for sure, since all of our meals were buffet-style. It must have been because the food was real and delicious, and I sweat like crazy every morning :)

Beverlyjoy
03-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Hi relosers! The past few days have been mostly healthy - I am always grateful for that. I have been struggling in the evening.

Yesterday I acheived many of my goals:
Planned/measured/logged
Read my cards & Beck
No seconds
Ate seated mostly
Was very mindful of eating slower and tasting the food
Journaling
Meditation
Weighed (down 2 to 204, one pound away from lowest pre-surgery weight of 203)
Fork down between bites - some of the time
Slow, mindful, tasting the food meals - three meals were nearly twenty minutes long.

Not helpful - ate some of dh’s candy, did no exercise, was not willing to use resistance techniques at the end of the day (DH’s candy - I did resist for hours)

It’s important for me to keep my home environment food friendly. (there just has to be one place in the world where I don't have to be faced with so many food temptations) But, DH loves candy and is constantly bringing home. It is so tempting and hard. This morning I put it in the trash and doused it with liquid dish soap. He’s kind of used to me doing it… but, he still brings it in the house. He is helpful in every other way but this. I feel like he is being an ‘enabler’. He can eat goodies all day and after meals away from home. We go out on to eat and he always gets desert & I get a bite. We go out to the DQ where I get a No Sugar Added Fudge Bar & he get’s the traditional foods. His weight, cholesterol & blood sugar is fine. It’s just frustrating. In Dr. Judith Beck's book she suggests saying: ‘It would be so helpful to me if……’ I’ve done it and it may last for a week. Maybe it’s my problem that I have a to just learn to stay out of his candy. Sigh.

I have to remind myself that just because DH can eat something - doesn't mean that I get to eat what he eats. Not fair....oh well.

shadow claw - Awesome to see the number go down after a trip away!! Well done.

Slash - yes… good idea… make your plan and carry on. Wonderful exercise.

Finding fawn - sorry you are having this struggle with school… and then how at effects eating. We as parents can’t control what our kids do when they aren’t in our sight. Do the best you can. Maybe ‘rehearse’ with yourself or a friend what you want to say the school folks.

Mahtha - I hope you don’t get a cold! Credit for using your points to work at a restaurant. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if weight came off really fast - often - it doesn’t. Just keep planning.

Vladadog - It’s good to see the scale moving down. You need to forgive yourself for gaining some weight back. It’s not productive to give so much time to things from the past we can’t change. All we can do is… learn from the past, plan for the future… and take it one day at a time.

Smsdreamer - I am doing a happy dance in your honor of such busy, yet healthful day. Carry on!

Muggles - it’s wonderful that you joined the gym. I love that your children are joining in too. very well done on your trip and achieving those goals. YAY

Konfuzed - it’s always nice to see the tax money come back home where it belongs… nice to get your heart rate monitor. I like the charm bracelet idea. I never have done it though. I treat myself to something not foodie every five pounds myself.

Justwant2bhealthy - glad to hear you’ve stayed with your plan. Pat yourself on the back.

Kmac - thanks for your wise thoughts. try not to let the scale own your mind. (I know…it’s really hard to do this) But - we can’t control how fast we lose only what we eat.

Salsa chip - it’s such a good idea to plan meals/food ahead. It really helps with food thoughts that can ‘spin around’ in our head.

heather Michigan - I hope you are feeling better & had a good weekend.

arctic mama - so glad to hear you are doing well. Carry on.

Donna/eyore - good for DH getting you healthy ice cream. Awesome.

Hope everyone is doing well. We CAN relose this weight. Remember - plan, plan and plan some more.

Muggles
03-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Just stopping by cause I am trying to distract myself from my daughter's Cheetos!!

I went to PT this morning, then over to the gym and walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes. My eating today has been good but man I hate cravings!!!

findingfawn
03-19-2012, 06:45 PM
Diane: Great job on the spin class. I am so not a class kind of person.. I'm happier at home doing my videos, but I'm always kind of in awe of those who get out there and work out together.

Beverly: You are doing great!!! As long as you have more successes that epic fails you are on the right path. I have come to the conclusion one of the reasons I fail at weightloss time after time is I get all "it's all or nothing" and any "oops" is the end of it all. Now it's time to realize that I'm human, I will make mistakes in my choices from time to time.

So the call with the school wasn't too horrible. We decided that for now he has to have his agenda book signed by each teacher every day and I told them I would also sign it. I get so frustrated when they start acting like it's somehow my fault that he doesn't do his work that I'm not even there when they assign.

I'm doing great on my food today despite the stress and got in a 45 minute workout.

findingfawn
03-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Muggles: I have to really struggle too when the family is eating a "no no". I have started getting stricter with them all and am demanding they all make healtheir choices. They are ok with that most of the time. Sometimes my stuff is just a little bit more tweeked than theirs, but that is ok too.

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-19-2012, 08:33 PM
:wave: HI EVERYONE ~ glad to report a really good weekend; finally getting those evening cravings down. I changed things a bit. I ate less yesterday so woke up hungry today, but I made it through. I've been drinking lots of tea & healthy snacks i.e. banana, cereal, chz.

I had fish, corn, and salad on Saturday; and chicken breasts with small new potato, carrots, broccoli & cauliflower Sunday. Had a 100 calorie popcorn for my munchie snack on Saturday, and 130 cal pudding for dessert Sunday. Tonight, I had steak with mushroom & onions plus a bit of leftover rice dish (that I had frozen) and a salad too; boy, was I full.

We had temps at 77 F today; it was summer out there, so I hung out two loads of clothes today -- so nice & fresh smelling. Supposed to have a few more days of this for the week also.

BEVERLYJOY ~ my DH is very skinny and can eat whatever he wants, so I know how you feel. On occasion, I am able to eat a few chippies and then get him to hide the rest; but I wouldn't want to have to do it all the time though. I was thinking, can you get one small bag of NSA candy and put it away for those times when DH brings home his, and have that instead -- or would that be a problem? I find grapes really sweet too. I try to have my substitute snacks on hand when this happens. This weekend, I had popcorn & pudding.

Keep up the good work, ladies; I think you are all doing really well -- and like VLADADOG says, I hope that this expereince will help us all learn strategies for our future maintenance. It's a great learning curve for us. Have a wonderful week ... :flow1:

heathermichigan
03-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Hello everyone :) Happy Monday!
I'm FINALLY feeling better (thank goodness!) but I decided to take tonight off from exercise because I was still feeling rough this morning and I figure that just makes sense. I think I got so sick from getting all worn out and tired trying to squeeze everything in, so I need to be careful.
On a scale note...I'm still up from my most recent low by a pound, but at least I wasn't up again. ;) It's been driving me nuts, but I am determined to keep going. And if I am down 8 pounds for the month (I think I restarted around the 20something of February), I'll be happy. Realistic goals are a good thing!!!
I hope everyone had a good start to their week!! :hug:

meltaway
03-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new. Can I post here?

Muggles
03-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Hi Meltaway,

Welcome!! Always room for one more!

Muggles
03-19-2012, 11:31 PM
findingfawn,

I'm glad the school realized that THEY have to take some responsibility for making sure that you are informed if they expect you to ensure that homework is done!

SMSDREAMER2007
03-19-2012, 11:42 PM
Fawn - Glad your day is getting better!! and sorry you are frustrated!

Vlada- Ditto, was sooo annoyed...if I hadnt regained Id be at goal by now >.<

mahtha- wtg on staying on plan! you can do it i know it! :D

slashnl - thats the spirit!

Shadow - that's awesome!

beverly- eh candy once in a while is ok ;)

Muggles - you can resist the cheetos !!! :dust: :dust:

2be -*JEALOUS* of the 77 degrees.

Heather- glad you are feeling better

meltaway - Welcome!

Not much to report today. Down to lbs to 241.8 sooo ready to be out of the 240's! oooh and got some cute clothes at old navy (WOOT!) I think thats about it..OP and even under by way too much :\

Muggles
03-20-2012, 12:00 AM
Muggles - you can resist the cheetos !!! :dust: :dust:

:\

It worked!! I didn't eat the Cheetos. AND I did NOT eat even one of her french fries later :carrot:

(My daughter has difficulty keeping her weight above 100 so we have radically different eating plans!)

SMSDREAMER2007
03-20-2012, 01:17 AM
glad to hear it worked ;)

Beverlyjoy
03-20-2012, 07:46 AM
Thanks for your thoughts on dealing with DH's candy.
SMDREAMER - I agree that candy once in a while is fine... but, often it's a trigger food for me. It's hard for me to stop when I stop. Thanks.
Justwant2bhealthy - I can try planning for it and then, maybe it wouldn't be so hard, Thanks.

heathermichigan
03-20-2012, 08:51 AM
Ahhhh!!! I'm finally down to 216.5! A full 1.2 pounds lower than my recent low!
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:
I'm so excited! (And, I might add, grateful that I stayed on plan when I couldn't workout for the last week!!!)

Muggles
03-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Beverlyjoy -- Candy is a downfall for me too, especially Easter candy. This year I am just reminding myself that the same candy will be available next year and my new skinny self can have a piece then. I don't need to eat it like it is my very last chance to ever have candy.

Heathermichigan -- Awesome!! Congrats!!

mahtha
03-20-2012, 10:28 AM
Good morning everyone! :wave:

heathermichigan, CONGRATULATIONS, that's awesome news!

Beverlyjoy, Your candy is my chips. I try not to keep them in the house because once that bag in open I'm face first in it until I've sucked even the crumbs out. :yikes: You've done a great job staying away from temptation.

meltaway, Welcome to the family!

Justwant2Bhealthy, You're doing great, just keep on keeping on. Sometimes we have to remind ourselves that we just need to take one step at a time.

Muggles, Great job on that willpower! Cheetos and fries are two of my favorite food groups!

SMSDREAMER2007, Congrats on the loss - the 230s are right around the corner for you, sistah!

shadowclaw, I can't begin to tell you how jealous I am of your trip. I hope it was fabulous!

slashnl, You've got it - we all just need to put one foot in front of the other and we'll get there eventually.

findingfawn, I'm thrilled to hear your conference went well. As with everything else, it's so much more productive when everyone is on the same team.

I have a business dinnner tonight which could really be a challenge - I have no idea what my menu options will be and that makes it really hard to plan. Tomorrow is our monthly GNO (girls night out - except that it's in!) where a dozen or so of us get together for appetizers, wine, desserts and coffee. I'm hosting that one so as tempting as it will be to keep picking I'll be sure to have good options for me. :D

I hope everyone has a fantastic day. :hug:

knobhdy
03-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Hi.
:wave:

I'm new on this thread. I'm working to lose 30# of regain, and an additional 45# of I'm-just-over-weight.

Hope everyone is having a good stress free day.

Slashnl
03-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Wow, this thread moves fast. Just trying to keep up with you guys!!!

Went to Body Pump this morning. I'm really stiff right now. I have a desk job, so I sit for a long time. Then, when I got up to get some coffee, I felt like I was 90 years old. Oh boy. But, I know that it gets better. So, I'll keep going.

Welcome to Meltaway and Knobhdy!

Findingfawn: It’s tough dealing with conferences and teachers. I am getting to the end of school age for my kids, and that is one area I will not miss.

Muggles: Way to stay away from fries and cheetos.

Mahtha: Good luck with the dinner meeting. That’s a tough one! Sounds like fun with the GNO!

BeverlyJoy: Keep up the planning and the goals. That’s awesome!

SMS: You are so close to the 230’s. That will be great.

Have a great day everyone!! Love this thread!

SMSDREAMER2007
03-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Beverly- Ah I hear ya. Pizza is like that for me and they often bring it into the house :\

heather- WTG THATS AWESOME!!!

mahtha- OOOHHHH GNO sounds fun!

knb- WELCOME!!!

slashnl -Don't you just hate that stiff 90 year old feeling? I used to get that when I worked in the call center.

Off to have lunch with the BF today...no clue what they have at this place its OHSU and supposed to be the best hospital food in the state(we shall see...our hospitals actually have really good hospital food compared to others Ive had) Then I go look for my shampoo (only one dang store in the northwest sells it GRRRR). Then go back to meet BF after work and we go look at an apartment together. THEN I come back here and have an online conference with my teacher O.0 gonna be an INTERESTING day defo. Have a nice day ya'll!

Muggles
03-20-2012, 01:55 PM
I tried Zumba today! What fun!! The class had a nice mix of different sized people. I just did 30 minutes cause that is my goal this week (30 minutes every day). I know from past experience that if I do more than that I will be in pain and then make excuses to skip the next day.

I also cleaned my car! (For me that is about equal to a 20 pound loss lol)

findingfawn
03-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Happy 1st day of Spring everyone!!

Hope everyone is having a great day. We are participating in the meatout today.. or well I am..lol So far the kids have too so I guess it's just hubby and the oldest who buys his lunch at school and most definately had something horrible, who have had meat. We are making a veggie lasagna tonight that was in the Taste of Home magazine for Feb and March. I have eaten eggs today and dairy and will have more of both... I could never live without the 2..lol.

I have not exercised yet today, TOM is here and I just feel crappy and yucky and well that makes working out and sweating feel all the yuckier. I keep telling myself just a 1 mile WATP video would be enough, but I don't even want to do that.. uggggg. I'm pretty excited though because even with TOM, the scale keeps going downward!

konfyoozed
03-20-2012, 02:50 PM
good afternoon everyone!!

today is gonna be harrrrrd... i'm not supposed to eat until 7pm and i'm already hungry :P hopefully it will pass.

i'm a little agitated by people who seem to think a strong sense of religious faith and an above average intelligence are mutually exclusive... so forgive me if my post here has a bit of attitude!

anyway, allergies are still kicking my booty. i'm tired of these hooker trees getting their sperm all over the place. my nose does not like it! it also tends to lead to sinus infections, and i'm about to turn into an orange, or a broccoli floret because of all the vitamin C i'm taking in to combat/prevent that. it interferes with my exercise! but the good news is i got to go to the gym last night and let the elliptical do the butt-kicking instead of the pollen. my arms are still sore from the strength training the other night! i am gonna be hurting tomorrow after tonight's session... and it's probably very weird that i'm happy about that.

ah well. heart rate monitor has shipped and should be here very soon! shipped from GA and i'm in SC, so just a couple days. can't wait!

have a good day ya'll!

salsa chip
03-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Hi everyone!

I hope to get into the swing of doing personals too, but bear with me if I miss someone out? Keeping up with who's said what is an area of my personality that I need to work on :)

Well, I have a rough list of dinners through the week:
Sunday - risotto (poss with meat - it's Lent!)
Monday - rice and veg
Tuesday - potatoes, veg and an egg
Wednesday - soup (noodles)
Thursday - pasta (poss with meat)
Friday - soup
Saturday - salad

It's just a beginning, so there isn't much detail. Apparently I'm now so heavy (ahem) that I could eat 2000 calories a day and still lose weight - I'm guessing right now my priority needs to be to establish a regular eating pattern, which for various reasons is much harder now than it was two years ago, but hey, better late than never, huh?

salsa chip
03-20-2012, 05:05 PM
i'm a little agitated by people who seem to think a strong sense of religious faith and an above average intelligence are mutually exclusive... so forgive me if my post here has a bit of attitude!

I get wound up by that all the time. You're not alone!

Beverlyjoy
03-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Hi Relosers,

Just stopping by to say things are going mostly positive with food. I have had the willingness to use my strategies. (most of the time) I did eat extra Monday night - today is going well, however.

But, before the extra food in the evening - I journaled and planned/measured/logged & drank a lot of water.

Muggles - yes, I think you are right. We don’t need to eat candy or any food like it will be the last time. Good reminder. Thanks.

MSSDreamer - pizza is a tough one too. I just hate that food has so much 'power' over me. But, all we can do is keep planning for healthy days and do what we need to do.

heathermichigan
03-21-2012, 08:50 AM
I am proud of a NSV last night. I was feeling really lonely and didn't have any plans and my husband was gone for the evening. In years past, I would probably have had a few glasses of wine and/or a bunch of food I didn't need. Last night, I got out of the house and did a couple of errands and then went to visit some family for a couple hours.
It felt good because I feel like I have control over my feelings without using food now and it doesn't take much effort, just careful thought about my actions. :)

How is everyone's week going? Any other NSV to report?

findingfawn
03-21-2012, 09:39 AM
Good Morning Relosers!

Great NSV Heather. I have been trying to get out more, I usually only go places if I have the whole crew with me.

Trying to think of a NSV I've had as of late. I took a day off of exercise yesterday (TOM was here and I usually have a day or 2 that I don't even want to move, yesterday was day 1), today I did 50 minutes when I had planned on 30.. just because it felt good. Wow.. did I just say working out felt good???

On the scale I lost 3.4 pounds this past week! I have been really pushing myself to move more and eat healthy, and it's paying off!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

mahtha
03-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Good morning everyone:wave: Boy,this thread is moving quickly!

Congrats Heather,that's fantastic! Findingfawn, I find once I get into the habit of exercising I really enjoy it, but getting there is a battle for me. WTG!

My dinner last night went well. There weren't a lot of great options for me so I asked if they could make me some plain shrimp (hold the en casserole and stuffing and butter sauce, and crumb topping etc) and they were great about it. I had 2 bites of appetizer, a nice salad, 6 shrimp, garlic mashed potatoes and a glass of wine. All in all I could have done a whole lot worse.

The scale is still moving way too slowly for me, but at least it's starting to budge. Gotta keep on keeping on...

Have a great day everyone!

shadowclaw
03-21-2012, 11:02 AM
Just dropping by to say that things are going really well so far this week! I've been eating "real" food for the most part. No snacks and fast food type stuff. It's been difficult saying "no" to pizza and breadsticks at work, but I think I'm getting better at maintaining my willpower! I also feel really good, and I've lost about an inch off of my hips since Sunday. Must be all the walking in the beautiful spring weather we've been having here!

konfyoozed
03-21-2012, 05:26 PM
hey ladies!!

got my heart rate monitor today. so excited to work out tonight! :D

mags89
03-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Hi Ladies,
Can I join? I regained about 25lbs and as if that wasn't enough I added another 20lbs. It's hard not getting discouraged. It seemed as though it would be really hard losing from 230lbs but now losing from 270 seems impossible sometimes. But I am facing into this with the most positive attitude and healthiest lifestyle I've ever had. So here's to that extra 45lbs!
I look forward to getting to know you all!

Mags

ParkTrot
03-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Hi everyone :wave:. I'm back here on 3FC to lose about 100lbs, I lost 40lbs-ish previously and then gained around 100 thanks to losing incorrectly. Major crash diet, it got me ok results for about a month and then wala, here I am about 2 and a half years later 100lbs heavier.

But now I have set myself up for success, and I feel I'm doing pretty darn good this time around. Of course my body is going to need a lot more repair work now at the end of this (SIGH) but in the end I'm sure it'll all be worth it.

Muggles
03-21-2012, 07:24 PM
Very long day. Spent 6 hours in ER with my son (he'll be fine). I was so proud of myself for eating a healthy lunch while I was there -- they had Chimichangas which are my favorite and hard to find around here. I gave them a very sad look and ordered a grilled chicken breast with veggies! Course, DH is bringing home fast food so another challenge (ugh).

Beverlyjoy
03-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Yesterday was a healthy food day - I am always grateful for that! I concentrated on having an OP day. It went well.
Goals fulfilled:
plan/measure/log food
leave a bite
slower eating- meals were almost near 20 minutes
TASTED the food
exercise
water

There was a lot more I could have done. I'll take it, however.

muggs - glad you son is going to be OK. Kudo''s on good choices at the hosptal!
hi mags - glad you posted!!
parktrot - join right in.

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-21-2012, 10:06 PM
:welcome: TO THE NEWBIES ~ just jump right in; and write whatever you like ... :D

BEVERLYJOY ~ yes, if any kind of candy is a trigger food for you, it is better to just avoid it altogether. I have foods that we just don't keep in the house anymore for that very reason. I like to have fruit around becuz it soothes my sweet tooth for me ie today, I had some yummy strawberries. Thankfully, I have found substitutes that I can have in the house for ages, with no problems.

WE had a yummy dinner tonight -- we call it "Creole Patties" (a family recipe with 2 oz homemade patties with tomatoes, onions, and corn). We split a new potato, and I had some coleslaw with mine -- very filling meal. Sometimes, I like to have green beans with this dish too.

The temps went up to 81 F today; it was a tiny bit humid, but we had a breeze and that made it feel better. Our furry baby and I spent some time on our front porch enjoying this weather, so much so -- that he didn't want to come back in the house.

Good thing we enjoyed it, becuz it is supposed to get colder tomorrow ... ah, shucks and more shucks! Back to seasonable weather; oh well. Have a great OP week everyone ... :flow1:

Muggles
03-21-2012, 10:22 PM
Thank you ladies!! DH's onion rings smelled so great but I spent his entire meal time reading posts on here and reminding myself that I DO NOT need onion rings.

I had written down the food I ate at the hospital and just put it into my electronic tracking chart. I did not eat enough today! I was below 800 calories!! I was so excited I double checked everything but a giant bowl of lettuce and tomatoes (no dressing), a grilled chicken breast, and a small dish of plain peppers and onions just don't have that many calories :carrot:

I'm eating a bowl of plain oatmeal to get to my minimum calorie intake.

lostangel05
03-22-2012, 12:42 AM
Hello everyone,

Officially a regainer. I went up to 208. Been calorie counting for the last three days. Back down to 203. Looking to reach 130.

konfyoozed thanks for that link...looks interesting! lol

I haven't started exercising with my plan yet, but I did buy a bicycle and the weather is getting warmer!

konfyoozed
03-22-2012, 12:58 AM
hey kids!

just got back from the gym (literally, still all sweaty and gross!) and had to share...

HRM says i burned 965 calories tonight! maybe that's why i'm not losing any weight, i exercise away almost all (more than half in any case) of the calories i consume (generally 1600-1800)... maybe i need to eat more. :D

mags89
03-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Morning all!
That you all for the welcome!!

Mandy: Good job on that calorie burn! That's amazing, plus it's always nice being able to eat more calories!

Justwant2Bhealthy: We're having unseasonably warm weather here! It was 78 yesterday and it's supposed to be hotter today! I'm totally loving it though, it's so much nicer to get out and about in that weather!!

As for me, I'm about to head off on my early morning walk. I'm trying this new routine of walking early before breakfast and I'm totally loving it! I'll walk about a mile. Then later I'll walk another mile or so. That's the only exercise I've been doing so far but it's so enjoyable in this lovely weather!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Mags

heathermichigan
03-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Okay....so you know how if the scale gives you a number that makes you unhappy, you move the scale to another place on the floor and try again? :o
(Well, I do anyway. Just in case.)
Anyhow...
I hopped on the scale this morning and it said 214.5. Which is down almost two pounds from yesterday. Needless to say, I did not move the scale. :D

Does anyone else do stuff like that? I mean, I'm fairly certain it was a fluke and I'll gain a bit back tomorrow, but meanwhile I will enjoy that 14 in my mind all day long and stay motivated :dizzy:

Happy Thursday everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful day. :hug:

knobhdy
03-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Heather: I don't move the scale, but I will admit to certain rituals around how I step on the scale and when I look at the number and whatnot. The Scale is a mighty and powerful creature and I give it all due respect. Or maybe I'm just superstitious.

Yesterday was decent. I had lunch out, but only ate half my serving of everything but the veggies. I messed up and missed dinner, so that ended up being a cup of snow peas and 2 babybel lights. I'll be better today, I hope. But life is currently crazy as I prepare for a weekend away, and I have no time for anything, even exercise and food.

I have started taking a nice afternoon constitutional with a coworker though. So at very least I get some movement, and I get to enjoy the beautiful (totally not regionally appropriate) spring weather.

konfyoozed
03-22-2012, 11:31 AM
heather - i avoid my bathroom scale most of the time. i think it's broken or needs to be re-calibrated or something. yesterday i stepped on the bathroom scale and it said 267! i was like :carrot:

then i stepped on the wii fit which i feel is more accurate and it said 271 and i was like http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/mad/mad0094.gif (that's the little scale guy going THAT'S OBESE and me saying obscene things back)

though i do step on the wii fit 3 or 4 times and take the lowest one, even if its only by .2!

mahtha
03-22-2012, 12:04 PM
Good Morning everyone :wave:
Welcome knobody, mags, lostangel and parktrot! You found a great group here!

By all accounts GNO was a great success. We ended up at the firepit to enjoy this fabulous weather and judging by the number of empty wine bottles everyone had a great time. DH says I should blame the empties on the kids if the neighbors ask; they'd never believe it was a bunch of 40 and 50 year old women, right? ;)

I used a bunch of my weekly points which I don't normally do, but I made good choices and didn't graze mindlessly or indulge in dessert. All in all I'd call it a win. Of course I didn't have time to exercise yesterday with all the running around and prep for last night...

LOL everyone on the scale tricks! I've been known to step on it a couple of times "just to confirm". Sometimes it's in my favor, sometimes not!

Muggles, I hope you and your son are doing better today. ER trips are so stressful for everyone - congrats for making good food choices while you were there. (I run for carbs in times of stress)

I hope everyone has a :flow2:day.

lostangel05
03-22-2012, 12:48 PM
mahtha congrats on making good choices. :)

201.4 this morning, woohoo! lol I'm sure this is all water weight..being my first week back to calorie counting and off soda, but I'll take it. Just ready to get away from the 200s again.

Slashnl
03-22-2012, 01:37 PM
Hi all. Quick little post cuz I have nothing to say really. I have a bad cold, my eyes are watering, sneezing, and congested. I have not exercized for the past two days. Just trying to remain upright here at work. ugh.

konfyoozed
03-22-2012, 04:19 PM
so apparently the hubby and i are picking up the cats and moving to texas.

to texas.

at the end of july.

HOT. :( moving is bad for my weight. sigh.

Beverlyjoy
03-22-2012, 06:15 PM
Hi relosers...

I had a healthy day yesterday until right at bedtime. It was literally a moment before going to bed. I have an evening medicine to take at bedtime. I always take it with a bite of food so I don't get sick to my stomach. Well, that cracker started a 'frenzy' within myself - I gave into it - and ate a big bowl of cereal and milk. I had been using my resistance techniques all day but, didn't have the willingness to push through at bedtime. Man, I felt awful afterwards. It just isn't worth it, really. Sigh.

I've decided to change up my food plan a bit. I use food exchanges. I have been trying to work with four starch exchanges daily. (this does not include fruit)It just can't work. I need to take five starch exchanges & delete one protein exchange. Kind of just swapping them. Today, it sure makes planning easier. I am thinking/hoping this will help me live better with my daily plan. I'll let you know.

Hope you are all having a GREAT HEALTHY day.

Muggles
03-22-2012, 09:20 PM
heather -- I weigh myself 3 times each morning and go with the middle weight.

Mandy -- Texas, in July??? Yikes, at least you might sweat some weight off!

Diane -- I hope you feel better soon.

lostangel -- Great job getting off the soda!

mahtha -- Glad your GNO was a success! I usually run for carbs too, not sure where the willpower came from to avoid them yesterday but I'm so happy!!

Beverlyjoy -- It is good that you are learning what works for you. Maybe you can plan a full snack for when you take your meds.

lostangel05
03-22-2012, 09:42 PM
Beverlyjoy: Night time is he worst for me too. Especially since I am a complete night owl and stay up late usually. Don't beat yourself up too much though. Another day, another chance to stay on plan.

Muggles: Thanks! Had a headache for the last two days from no caffiene lol..thank God that's over.

Wow, found this food pack in the frozen section at Walmart. It contained a salmon fillet with honey mustard sauce, steamed broccoli and steamed white rice. Yum..400 calories. Had a cup of low fat frozen yogurt for dessert..180 calories. Satisfying dinner. 260 calories left over.

201lbs today. :)

mahtha
03-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Good morning, everyone :wave: and more importantly HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!
I've got a crazy busy day today but wanted to pop in and read - glad to see everyone is doing well. Weather here is fabulous again today, I'm hoping the forecast for the weekend is wrong and we'll get some more sunshine than predicted. I've got the itch to to do a whole bunch of yardwork!

Have a great day, my favorite losers :D

ANewCreation
03-23-2012, 01:54 PM
Hey gang, glad I found the pt2 thread--it's been way too long since I've checked in.

Down a couple of pounds which puts me at 217.6, which makes me very happy.

Today I am sick and not babysitting the grandkids. It seems we have all been passing this stomach virus back and forth all week and today it really hit me. The upside--no appetite ;)

I hope all is going well for everyone!

Beverlyjoy
03-23-2012, 03:26 PM
Hi relosers!

Yesterday was a very; healthy day - I am so grateful for that. Swapping out one protein exchange for a starch exchange made planning so much easier. I did well with the change. I hope it continues. Today is going well too.

Yesterday's goal acomplished:
plan/measure/log foods
lots of water
did my exercises
always left a bite
worked on really tasting the food
tried to slow down - better
gave myself credit for staying with my plan

I didn't read, or journal much, and ate a few times while cooking with tastes along the way. But... I am thinking about it and striving for it.

I hope you all have a GREAT day. Share a smile, be kind and pass it on.

anewcreation... Hi!! so good to see you... congrats on the loss. Hope you feel better soon.

mahtha - yardwork is great exercise!!

lostangel - that salmon dish sounds good. It reminds me that I have salmon in the back of the freezer to use up. Getting close to onederland.. exciting.

muggles - thanks for the idea of a snack when I take my meds. I'll try it and see if it doesn't upset my reflux. (good grief, it's always something...LOL) - way to go on not eating the onion rings... major success. Also - it's great that you've kept track of the food you've eaten at the hospital.

konfuzed - are you really moving? If so, at least you have time to prepare your mind to it. Remember to plan, plan, and plan some more.

slash - I hope you feel better soon. Drink lots of fluids.

knobhdy - that afternoon walk is great exercise!

heathermichigan - scale rituals .... yes, I guess so. I move the scale to the same spot. It's in the linen closet in the bathroom. It's an old spring scale and I usually have to put one foot on it few times before it will go to zero. After all that - I usually just weight one time.

mags - your morning walk sounds like a great idea!!

justwant2bhealthy - yes... I too am looking for sweet subsitutes for candy. I can't eat raw fruit yet... upsets my stomach since the surgery. I am sure soon I can have my favorite honeycrisp apples. Your creole patties sound great.

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-23-2012, 04:15 PM
OH, MANDY ~ moving to Texas in the summer -- I feel for ya! We hear some good things about Texas (like tall, dark & handsome cowboys; OK, that's my fantasy), but then we hear about the heat and drought and spidy balls that hang off people's houses ... NO, I couldn't; not for all the oil in Texas ... :lol:

BEVERLYJOY ~ oh, I do that night-time thing too; it's my biggest eating issue. I start off having a few crackers, then graduate to bread & peanut butter. I'd rather have the cereal as that has less calories, so I do that usually. Last night, it was the bread/pb thing. Most nights, I just have a planned snack, but every once in a while, this slippery slope thing happens ... grrr!!!

I'm positive I was OK on the calorie count overall, but I still wouldn't have minded a 100 calorie short-fall -- and it was so late too ... but today is another day, and so far, so good. :D

I had pasta & chz for dinner last night (for a meatless meal); and I was just wondering if that starchy carb dinner set me off, becuz I had been doing so good all week. Hmmm, I will be watching for that in the future. :(

Well, we had nice temps again yesterday, between 68 & 71 F but today, it is a bit cooler but no precip so far. All our grass is showing in front and back, and the Rhubarb & Lilies are starting to push up through the ground already.

Hope everyone has a OP wonderful weekend -- I sure plan to ... ;) :flow1:

Slashnl
03-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Just a quick check in. I'm still struggling with congestion, runny nose, watery eyes. Gotta love it.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-23-2012, 05:10 PM
DIANE ~ hope you get lots of rest this weekend and feel totally better by next week ... :hug:

konfyoozed
03-23-2012, 05:25 PM
yep. really moving. to texas at the end of july. closest major city is houston. i'll be about an hour or so north west. near texas a&m.

we just need to figure out how we're going to store our furniture. our apartment there will be furnished.

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-23-2012, 07:50 PM
MANDY ~ most cities have storage companies; I would choose a high-end one to make sure your stuff is safe and where you can keep an eye on it too. If you decide to stay or buy a house, the stuff will be there with you; or if your DH is transferred again towards the west, you can take it with you. You may be able to find a reputable moving company and quality storage facility over the net before you go.

BTW, I was just teasing you a bit; many places in Texas are quite beautiful, and it sounds like you'll be in a very nice place with air conditioning available. Think of this as a great adventure & enjoy the experience to the fullest ... :hug:

konfyoozed
03-23-2012, 07:53 PM
we're moving back to south carolina in august 2013, it's only for a year. then hubby goes back to school for his senior year. then he graduates in may of 2014 and the whole process begins again.

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-23-2012, 07:55 PM
OH dear, I see your quandary ... do you have friends who could keep an eye on your stuff in a good storage facility there (in SC), while you are gone for that year? That would help a lot ... :)

konfyoozed
03-23-2012, 07:59 PM
lots of storage facilities around here being so close to the university of south carolina. and i'm sure there are people here that will be willing to check on it for us occasionally.

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Well, there you go -- sounds like a plan! :D

lostangel05
03-23-2012, 08:10 PM
Bummer 202 this morning. Had a late snack..probably why. Took the kids out today around our little town on our bikes. Whew, it is hot out there! lol

DaughterOfVenus
03-24-2012, 05:13 PM
Hi all! I guess this is where I belong. *sheepish*

Last year I lost 35 pounds calorie counting, but then I moved out into my own place, started working two jobs and kind of lost focus. I'm back exactly where I started. I guess my NSV is that I didn't gain it back PLUS.

So I'm starting South Beach for a a change. See how I like that. I skimmed through the pages on this thread to get a feel for all you lovely people.

DH's onion rings smelled so great but I spent his entire meal time reading posts on here and reminding myself that I DO NOT need onion rings.

God do I know that feeling! Last year I overheard at a party, "Where's Brenda?" and one of my friends was like, "Probably on the internet avoiding the taco dip..." I was laughing so hard, they know me so well. I was totally on here reading a thread about "reason's why i'm not going to give up." *snork* Hey whatever works, right?

heathermichigan
03-24-2012, 08:37 PM
I hope everyone is having a nice weekend :)

I am celebrating a NSV this evening. After a very long, tiring day at work with multiple frustrations, I came home and began making a healthy dinner even though I didn't want to. I was done prepping the veggies, the toppings, the dishes, and the pans to cook in for veggie chicken fajitas when EVERYTHING fell on the floor. I was grateful that I didn't cry, but I was so frustrated. All I wanted to do at that point was order pizza and call it a day. But that little voice said "Eating pizza isn't going to solve anything or help right now, just like it doesn't any other day. Eat something else and just make it simple and be done with it."
And I did. :cheer3:

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-25-2012, 11:22 AM
HEATHER ~ that happened to me one time, but it fell on my newspaper that I had just been reading -- so I still ate it; and I'm not dead from it. :lol: Thank goodness they use veggie-based ink these days, but it was only on there less than 5 seconds thanks to a quick response ... :D

Good for you for not caving for the pizza -- that's a victory girl!!! :bravo:

:welcome: VENUS ~ that's right -- it could have been worse, trust me! Many of us here can attest to that. Good NSV that you caught it at 35 lbs -- that's a very doable goal for this year.

ANGEL ~ great idea to go biking with the kiddies!

FOOD: had a hamburger (no bun) with cheeze & salad on Friday night; baked fish & salad & sliced toms Saturday night; and probably will have deli bbq spit chicken with salad for dinner tonight -- I think the cook deserves a break once in a while, but it's such a good healthy choice too. :D

Hope you all have a superb Sunday ... :flow1:

Muggles
03-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Great job Heather! I think that is the hardest thing -- when fate seems to be against us! So glad you avoided the pizza!

I actually got up early this morning and worked out for an hour!!! I took my daughter with me. Currently, she is super skinny but I want to teach her better health habits than I learned as a child.

heathermichigan
03-25-2012, 07:26 PM
Thanks guys :) I was very proud this morning.

Also....I am happy to report that I beat my (VERY MODEST) 8 pound goal for the month! (8.6 pounds as I am up a pound today from my week low last week.) But still! I am happy that I am trying to lose 8 pounds a month instead of 10--it was just too stressful for me. And really, if I'd been able to workout for those two weeks when I was sick, I probably would have been at 10 pounds, right? :love:

So as the saying goes....keep on keepin' on. May we all have an awesome week and show that fat who's boss. :cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3:

mahtha
03-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Good morning, everyone! :wave:

I'm afraid it's another fly-by posting for me today. Had a great OP weekend including a 5 mike walk with D17 on Saturday. Had one of those AHA! moments on Sunday when I saw the scale budge again: If I weigh myself every day I'll never seee anything but a budge. It's not like I'm going to drop a couple of pounds every day. DUH! For all my pissing and moaning about being stalled for a few weeks, I'm losing at a rate of 1.91 lbs/week. I'll take that! (Only 30 weeks to go to hit goal :D)

Congrats to everyone for those incredible NSVs, increases in movement and good food choices. TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS!

thistoo
03-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Hey everyone. I am back from sunny Florida (actually I got back Saturday night but I was completely useless yesterday) and back into my routine, more or less. There's a ton of work for me to catch up on, of course, but it'll get done eventually. There's no such thing as a library emergency, that's my motto.

I managed to avoid wheat while I was gone, but I couldn't completely avoid rice and I drank a glass of wine nearly every day. Also TOM started on Wednesday and will continue until this Wednesday, so I am still hovering around the 200 mark. It's super frustrating! This month has completely sucked for weight loss and I'm not sure why.

The only thing I can think of to do is go back on the very strict Whole 30 regimen for the next six weeks (until I leave for New York) and hope it works as well as it did the first time. I really wanted to be at 180 by the time my next trip rolled around, but I don't think that's realistic now. I will get as close as I can, though.

I hope you've all been doing well this past week! I am pretty hungry, but I reckon it's mostly psychological and the rest is TOM. I'll be very happy when that's over for another month.

Slashnl
03-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Hi everyone. I think I might live. I spent most of the weekend on the couch, trying to shake this cold. I think it is on its way out now. Still a little congested, but better. I forgot to get on the scale this morning, but I'm pretty sure it won't be good. I am looking forward to getting back on track.

LindseyLouWho
03-27-2012, 01:50 AM
Hi everyone!

I don't know if many of you were around a few years ago when I was on this site, but I'm an epic case of a regainer... Haha. If you dig around you might find my mini-goal pictures that I posted a long time ago when I was doing really well. I lost all the way down to 178 lbs, mostly maintaining from 185-195, but then about a year and a half ago because of stress and stomach issues, I've rather rapidly packed on about 100 lbs. This morning the scale said 294.2. Yikes. 3 days ago, I started Wonderslim because I'm currently in grad school and I needed major structure to prevent myself from stress eating. At some point, I'm hoping to get back to being motivated by my weight loss more than food so that I can go back to eating healthfully on my own.

I look forward to getting to know all of you! I might not post too frequently, though, because I've got a major test coming up in a couple of weeks. Yeep!

GirlyGirlSebas
03-27-2012, 09:28 AM
Lindsey, I remember you! Welcome back.

Well, yesterday I made the decision to stop the Medifast and switch over to Southbeach with calorie counting. I miss real food! Plus, Medifast wasn't working as quickly as I had hoped and it just wasn't worth it to me. I need the accountability...badly...and I need some friends on this journey who just 'get it.' So, I'll be coming here to check in each day.

Diane - So glad to hear that you are feeling a little better.

Have a great on-plan day!

Slashnl
03-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Hi Lindsey, welcome! Good luck on your test!

Rhonda, you know I remember you saying that South Beach worked well for you. I think real food is important, so glad to hear you are switching!

Not much to say here. I think I feel good enough to go back to the gym, so heading there tomorrow morning.

How is everyone?!

SMSDREAMER2007
03-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Hey everyone been MIA for the last week. Lots going on finals week, 3 binges (ugh!) and a whole lot of stuff to do for moving (my boyfriend and I are moving in together). BUUTTT even with all of that I did manage to lose 2.8 lbs last week. Scale was 239 this morning !! Though...I thought I'd be more excited about it....I've been in the 240's since last august..... Hm..... I was more excited about my grades from last term. I got an A, 2 B's and a Pass (grade was pass/no pass) which means my GPA for last term was 3.11 which is honor roll! Sorry I couldn't catch up and do personals there are just so many! Ohhh NSV, I fit into an old navy XL!! Woot I'm still in an XXL in SOME of their clothes, but that's because I have a rather large chest. I think I might need to buy bra's soon too which is kind of annoying because for my cup size they are SPENDY. Anyway Be back later to check in! Keep losing relosers!

konfyoozed
03-27-2012, 09:35 PM
been feelin kinda blah since i found out about the move to texas. i really don't wanna pack up the cats and move that far away. so blah that i've not been eating right because i just didn't feel like cooking.

well, today i've done a lot better. i had a pbj (with no sugar added preserves) on whole wheat, with a banana and a piece of home made cherry angel cake (80 cals!) for a total of 480 cals at lunch time, dinner will be 4oz chicken breast with bbq sauce, cheese, and onion straws (not much of each, adds about 100 cals, but that's mostly the cheese)... mixed steamed veggies and mixed fresh fruit.

edit to add: i also went to the gym, and apparently burned over 1000 calories. :D

dgramie
03-28-2012, 07:57 AM
I had a bad weekend but I am back with it and feeling good. The scales are not moving at all. I will stay the course or at least try my best to do it!!

thistoo
03-28-2012, 09:56 AM
It sure has quieted down around here. I hope everyone's still plugging along.

I'm on plan, but the results are not showing on the scale. This morning my weight was exactly 200. I cannot begin to express my frustration level.

The newest food I am removing from my menu is cashews. I love them, but apparently they don't love me, because I think they are stalling my weight loss.

Today's a fast day, so I don't have to worry about food at all, which is a relief. I'll spend my lunch hour at the gym instead. I have been slacking on the workouts since vacation; I need to step up my game, clearly.

Slashnl
03-28-2012, 12:54 PM
Aww Caroline. That has to be frustrating. To be so close to that magical number starting with "1", yet it just won't give in and get there! Well, I am glad to see that it hasn't made you quit trying. Good job with patience! You can do it!!!! I hope it happens soon for you!

I'm in blah time right now. I have family coming tonight and tomorrow night. I'm not really ready for them and the house will not be the way it should be for guests, but I can't help that. They are just visiting colleges anyway and won't be there for long, and they won't care about the house. It's just that my Mom and my sister are way better at keeping up on their housework than I am. Now, my Mom is retired and my sister only works part time, I work full time... they both live in cities, and I live in the country with animals and dust... but it feels like I should be doing better.

Oh well, moving on. Hope everyone has a great day.

mahtha
03-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Good morning, everyone! :wave:

I'm finally down to below 210 so I'm feeling better that all this effort is worth it. That's 17 pounds since February 1. I've given up hope that I'll reach the mini-goal of under 186 by Memorial Day, but given that I've been losing in fits and starts I just have to keep plugging knowing I'll get there eventually.

I'm so happy to see everyone still posting and giving/getting so much great support here. I know if I wasn't checking in here regularly I'd have fallen off the bandwagon by now. :hug: to you all.

Beverlyjoy
03-28-2012, 02:24 PM
/I have been struggling. It has alot to do with DH and his darn candy and goodies. I told him that he is an enabler... when I ask him to refrain from bringing large bags of candy. That got his attention. My weekend was crazy eating. I did not have the willingness to stop once I started eating 'goodies'. Part of it is that I refrained from eating 'goodies' and chocolate before my gallbladder surgery - I 'missed' them for a couple of months. However, I didn't want to have a gallbladder attack. Good incentive. I need to PLAN for treats - instead sneak eating some - and then going haywire with overeating. *Sigh*

Today I got up and weighed myself. I am up three pounds from last Wednesday. It’s the same three pounds I’ve gone back and forth with since even before my surgery in February. I am glad I was willing to see that number and will move forward. I do believe that had I not weighed today, I very well would have continued to overeat. But... I’ve done my journal, planned my food & did my exercises so far for today.

Mahtha - you are so right. I think committing to come and post - no matter what or how you've/we've eaten is key. Of course, I didn't come and post when I was into overeating. It has to do with not wanting to 'tell' and feeling some shame. Ugh. Glad I posted today.

Thanks so much for listening.

mahtha
03-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Back in for some quick personals, it's been too long!

Caroline, I understand your frustration. As trite as it sounds right now, just keep going and you'll get there. Sometimes the loss isn't very consistent despite the fact that our efforts are. Here's hoping you get that woosh soon.

Diane, I've had so much company lately and feel the same way about my house. I keep reminding myself that guests are not here to see the house. My mom reminds me that yes, her house can be neater, but a) they have 4 fewer people living there and b) she's retired so has all day to dust. I have a lot more on my plate than she does.

(((Berverlyjoy))) We all have those days (and weeks...) Please don't lose sight of how far you've come. Most of us fall off the wagon on a pretty regular basis - the difference is this time we're dusting ourselves off and getting back on rather than pretending we didn't fall. I think it's great that you reminded DH that his goodies are an issue for you and I hope he respects your struggle enough to keep them out of your line of vision.
I too felt the shame of bouncing up and down for a while and it really sidetracked me. I'll ask you to think about how you would have responded if I had written your post. Now I'll ask that you treat yourself the same way you would have treated me. :hug:

Rhonda, I hope you find the switch helps you stay OP. I would be a mess without real food!

Lindsey, Welcome! You've found a great group here who understand the struggles of doing it all over again. Do stop in as often as you can, I'm finding it makes a huge difference in my outlook!

Diane, I'm so happy you're finally feeling better. You'll have the energy to devote to getting back on track soon and you'll do great.

Heather, congrats on making your goal for the month! As arbitrary as those numbers can be, they hold a lot of power over us.

Muggles, it's a wonderful thing to teach your childrem about health and fitness. I was a skinny kid so my mother assumed I'd always stay that way. I didn't and struggled to assemble those tools much later in life than I should have.

Back to the grind, I hope everyone has a fantastic OP day!

konfyoozed
03-28-2012, 03:14 PM
good afternoon ladies!!

i hope you all are having a great day! if not, i hope you can turn it around and salvage some of it.

feeling a bit sore from my workout last night. but i like it. lets me know i worked hard. i think my abs are the worst of it, from doing dead lifts. but my shoulders, back, arms, and thighs are all chiming in occasionally.

helping a friend move tonight, so we'll be skipping the gym. i feel like lugging boxes and such counts as exercise. i'll even wear my HRM to track it. :D

probably will be having pizza for dinner, keeping it light today so i can enjoy a couple slices!

thistoo
03-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Well, I am glad to see that it hasn't made you quit trying. Good job with patience! You can do it!!!! I hope it happens soon for you!

I have learned my lesson about giving up, thankfully! At least I hope I have. Though I admit I've been pouting for a few days.

I feel the same way about my mom and sister. They don't even judge me for my lacking of housekeeping skills, but I *feel* like they do. So I get feeling like the house isn't ready. I hope you start feeling better soon.

mahta, congratulations on getting below 210! I know very well how frustrating those arbitrary barriers are, so I'm glad to hear you managed to get past that one. I hope to be right behind you. :)

Beverlyjoy, you are always so kind (and so quick to remind us to be kind to ourselves!) that I hope you will turn that same kindness on yourself right now. It's so hard when our loved ones put temptation right in front of us; I hope your husband will support you by keeping the candy out of sight until you're back on track, at least.

Though I practically have to close my eyes when I'm in the grocery store right now so I won't fall face-first into a pile of Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs. I hate them as much as I love them, and it seems like they're around a LOT longer now than they used to be. (I guess that's because I'm not the only one who loves them!)

We'll be out of the holiday candy season soon, and we can make it through. Onederland is just around the corner for us both, after all.

mahtha
03-28-2012, 05:36 PM
I have learned my lesson about giving up, thankfully! At least I hope I have. Though I admit I've been pouting for a few days.

I SWEAR we're twins separated at birth! ;)

heathermichigan
03-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Checking in :)

I hope everyone is having a great day. I have been happy with my choices for eating today and now I just need to motivate myself to get in a good workout. I really struggle with getting back in the swing of working out when I stop for awhile for whatever reason (even if I know that I feel good after I'm doing it, I know it helps with my weight loss, etc.). Blah. But I will get on that stupid elliptical and show it who's boss.
But first....a healthy dinner. Then workout. Then a bath, and some reading... :book2:

lostangel05
03-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Bought a few tanktops today. Maybe it was a bad idea. Wow, arms are looking pretty flabby. Friend had a birthday, so a night out at the bar set me back a little. I have today well today.

thistoo
03-28-2012, 07:51 PM
I SWEAR we're twins separated at birth! ;)

Ha! Well, I wasn't born in MA, but my dad and sister were, and I was raised there for awhile, so you never know!

I really struggle with getting back in the swing of working out when I stop for awhile for whatever reason

I have a tough time with that too, Heather. I made myself get on the elliptical during my lunch hour today, since I was fasting and didn't have an excuse to avoid the gym. I am currently posting here instead of forcing myself to go do another workout, but I'm going to quit procrastinating just as soon as I post this comment! Honest. :D

Bought a few tanktops today. Maybe it was a bad idea. Wow, arms are looking pretty flabby.

My arms are SO BIG. I gain weight there like you wouldn't believe, and I HATE it. A couple years ago I got a shoulder tattoo in an effort to force myself to learn to accept my arms, and I've finally come to a sort of peace about them. It's still not perfect, but I'm getting there. Maybe someday they'll even be normal sized!

My very long-winded point is this: Wear the tank tops. Nobody cares how your arms look but you, I promise.

LindseyLouWho
03-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Just popping in to say a quick hello to everyone!

Eating has still been on plan and going really well. I noticed the "hungries" are going away, which is good, since going from eating massive amounts of food to meal replacement shakes and mini meals has definitely been something for my stomach to adjust to. I'm definitely in much better spirits than I was before I started and I'm getting excited about the prospect of being able to wear all of the cute clothes in my closet again. It'll be a while, but that's okay! Time goes by quicker than we all think. I'll be very happy once I can shop at NY & Co. again and the regular sizes at JCPenney. I always love the clothes that Worthington puts out. More than that, though, I'll be happy when my white coat fits me and can actually button. I'm probably about 40 or so lbs away from that. Sometimes I think I'm the only one at school who isn't absolutely swimming in theirs... *sigh*

Oh well, back to studying and thanks to all of you ladies for the warm welcome! It's nice to know there are a few familiar faces around here and I look forward to getting to know the new faces, too. :)

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-28-2012, 08:11 PM
CAROLINE ~ ah heck, you'll be there by the weekend -- come on, you can do it!!! :cheer3: GO, CAROLINE, GO ... :cheer2:

HEATHER ~ I've got the same issue; lost lots of fat off my arms and now I only have skin left -- eeks! I don't own any tank tops; only T's with at least partial sleeves. Actually, my T's are so big around the shoulder and arms, that the arms go down to my elbows anyways ... oh, that's bad & good! :lol: Wear what you want ...

:welcome: back, LINDSEY ~ I remember you too; good luck with the test, and healthy eating ... :D

I like the saying -- IT'S EASIER TO STAY ON PLAN, THAN TO TRY TO GET BACK ON PLAN ... whether that's our eating plan or exercise plan! We should make that our motto ... ;)

To all those who are struggling a bit; just stay the course, like DGRAMIE says -- something will move eventually! I find this thread moves pretty fast, still lots of our RG/RL's coming in each day.

Today, I made a pasta dish with 2 slices lean bacon, 3 colors of sweet pepper, mushrooms, onions , zucchini all in a tomato sauce -- was really nice. Have one serving left for lunch tomorrow. Yesterday, just had a thrifty meal of a chicken super dog (no bun) & beans & a salad; gearing up for summer ... :lol: Geepers, I've got all my days mixed up for sure ... anywho, we had deli spit BBQ chicken for Sunday & Monday with veggies & salad. I'll get it right yet ... ;)

We had a big dumping of snow last night; enuff DH had to shovel, but we know that won't last too long. Put up some new aluminums blinds getting ready for summer too; only got 4 more to go. Doing OK with my exercise but pulled my lower back yesterday, so kept it to cleaning the bathroom, meals, and dishes today.

Hope you all have a great OP week -- keep on, keepin' on, Chickies ... :grouphug:

konfyoozed
03-28-2012, 11:26 PM
helped a friend move tonight. no pizza... but we did manage to get a promise from her to help us in a couple months when we have to move :D

bonus: it was up and down stairs outside. we worked for 95 minutes carrying stuff out, down the stairs and into the vehicles, then driving them 3 blocks and moving them into another place, drive back and repeat. it wasn't too bad, just a bunch of big stuff she couldn't fit in her little car. according to the HRM from when i got out of the car until the last item was brought in, was 95 minutes, and i burned 760 calories.

also, i got a comment of "wow mandy, you are strong!" :D

heathermichigan
03-29-2012, 12:07 AM
Happy to report that I had a very healthy dinner, worked out, took a bath, and read. Just like my plan!! :D
However...I did not feel like doing the elliptical for my usual hour, so I did 30 minutes and then took a brisk 40 minute walk outside. It was about 50 degrees here and it was wonderful to get the fresh air and listen to music on my iPhone. I think I need to reward myself with iTunes giftcards--I am loving having new music on it this week for the car and so on and I think that would motivate me a lot. I try not to buy new clothes as rewards because I actually need them, you know? And I also try not to spend much on them because (with ANY luck) they won't be staying long in my life...;)

It sounds like everyone is doing well! Yay! Keep it up, guys. We're going to be skinny beans before we know it. :cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2:

thistoo
03-29-2012, 07:48 AM
CAROLINE ~ ah heck, you'll be there by the weekend -- come on, you can do it!!! :cheer3: GO, CAROLINE, GO ... :cheer2:

I was hoping to be there this morning, after fasting yesterday, and this morning I'm at 198.4! WOOT. :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: And now I am staying off the scale until next Wednesday, because when I bounce back up from my fast, I do not care to see it. I think I'm going to try just weighing once a week in April. Unless it kills me, and then I'll go back to obsessive daily weighing. We'll see.

We had a big dumping of snow last night; enuff DH had to shovel, but we know that won't last too long. Put up some new aluminums blinds getting ready for summer too; only got 4 more to go. Doing OK with my exercise but pulled my lower back yesterday, so kept it to cleaning the bathroom, meals, and dishes today.

Ouch; back injuries are the worst. I hope yours feels better soon. And more snow! That seems so surreal when it's in the 80s here, but I have been in the south too long and my view of seasons is all messed up.

I think I need to reward myself with iTunes giftcards--I am loving having new music on it this week for the car and so on and I think that would motivate me a lot. I try not to buy new clothes as rewards because I actually need them, you know? And I also try not to spend much on them because (with ANY luck) they won't be staying long in my life

That is a GREAT reward, Heather. I only buy clothes at thrift stores these days for the same reason you mentioned, but music is something I always need more of. I need to follow your example and start getting outside to exercise. I'm getting kind of sick of the million DVDs I have, and my spin bike is still broken.

texscrapper
03-29-2012, 08:48 AM
Hello ladies - I hope that you have room for another regainer/reloser!

Three years ago, I lost 60 pounds. I would come 3FC several times a day for support and it worked. Then, I hurt myself and stopped exercising. Slowly, I stopped measuring and tracking food, and 2 years later almost all of the weight is back. I know it's my fault - I'm not here to make excuses, I'm just here to relose the weight and lose even more.

I look forward to getting to know all of you better!

thistoo
03-29-2012, 09:27 AM
I'm just here to relose the weight and lose even more.

Then you are in the right place! Welcome :)

We all know EXACTLY how it feels to have success and then crash and burn and have to pick yourself back up and start again. Frustrating, yes, but totally doable! It's great to have you here.

heathermichigan
03-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Thanks, Caroline. It was just sort of a "duh!" moment for me. I was walking along, thinking to myself "wow, I love having these new songs on here! this is almost fun!" and then my idea popped into my head. I'll have to decide how I do it, though. Maybe $1 per on plan day and $1 per workout?
Girl, you are in ONEDERLAND! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:welcome3: texscrapper! We do indeed know how it is. Try to forgive yourself, don't dwell on the regain, and just move forward with your good decisions from RIGHT NOW :) You can do this and we will support you along the way!

THRILLED that I was 214.2 this morning. :cloud9: My weight was up the last few days and then I lost 3 lbs since yesterday morning. I noticed that I was really hungry before bed last night around midnight, and I'm starting to see a pattern that if I'm that hungry before bed, but I don't give in, I tend to have a solid loss in the morning. I am going out of town next week and will bring workout clothes to get some exercise in, even if just walking around and that kind of thing, and I am mostly focusing on checking menus and figuring out what I can eat and basically stay on plan. There are some places I know I am going to have a glass or wine or two or a dessert, but I will try to eat well MOST of the time and then have a half a cupcake, one truffle, that kind of thing. And really, one glass of wine is SOOOOOO much better than a margarita or something like that. It's all about the healthy choices.

Random: Would it be weird to bring my scale with me to the hotel? :o I don't want to get out of the mode of being on plan!!!!

mahtha
03-29-2012, 11:23 AM
I was hoping to be there this morning, after fasting yesterday, and this morning I'm at 198.4! WOOT.

You go girl!!!!!!! Congratulations:bravo:

texscrapper, welcome, this is a fantastic group! Jump in and post as often as you can on good days and bad, you'll find amazing support here.

heathermichigan, congrats on another OP day! I LOVE the itunes idea, there's nothing like a great playlist when you're trying to keep moving.

konfyoozed, Way to go on the no pizza AND how cool was that compliment about how strong you are? WOO HOO!

Justwant2Bhealthy, I love your idea for the thread theme. Maybe next round we can make it the thread title?

LindseyLouWho, congrats on beating the hungries. That's a huge step toward getting everything under control, huh?

I was OP yestrday by the skin of my teeth. Tried to weigh in this morning, but it appears my obsession with the scale has killed a set of batteries already. :o Out an lunctime to get some AAAs which we never seem to have in the house.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Slashnl
03-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Hello ladies - I hope that you have room for another regainer/reloser!

Always room for more. Welcome!!! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Congrats to Caroline!!! Woohoo! That is so cool.

Not much to say here. I have company, and it is cutting into my gym schedule. I guess it is only a short stay, so I won't complain.

Have a great day everyone.

SMSDREAMER2007
03-29-2012, 12:57 PM
Welcome tex!
Congrats heather!

Starting my morning out slowly kind of lounging around before I have to get up and get ready for my noon meeting with my scholarship coordinator. 237 this morning WOOT I hope the rest of the 230's melt away this quickly! I can't WAIT to be at 200 (initial goal) and continue on to 170-165 (Ultimate goal). One thing that strikes me as odd though is that after my 6 month bout in the 240's I thought I'd be happier about being in the 230's. Dont get me wrong I'm happy but not as ecstatic as I was to get into the 250's and 240's.... hmmm. Anyway. Time to start my day.. Have fun everyone :D

konfyoozed
03-29-2012, 01:03 PM
the weight will come off eventually if i continue to eat at a deficit. (repeat infinitely)... my new matra.

when i came back to relose the 30 i'd gained, i was at 275... 2 months later i'm at 270 but missing several inches. there's a dress i bought a year ago thinking "i'll be able to wear this soon" potentially to my wedding reception, where i was also 270 pounds. wedding reception didn't happen, dress was too small. at my lowest i could barely get it on. yesterday i tried it on, and if i could lose just another inch or two off my waist and hips it would fit perfectly. it fits better than it did at 250. so something's going on and i have to hope the weight will start dropping soon.

i'm wondering if i'm working too hard and eating too little. i've upped my calories a bit and we'll see if that changes anything. ya'll have a good day!

thistoo
03-29-2012, 03:10 PM
Thanks, guys! I am feeling pretty pleased with myself today, it's true. Though mostly it's just relief to finally be past that barrier. I managed not to be down on myself for it this time, though, which is progress for me. Usually I beat myself up about 'getting stuck', as though I was doing to be punished for. :rolleyes:

Diane, those little interruptions in routine can be frustrating. As I said yesterday, it's hard for me to get back in the groove of working out once I'm thrown off plan, so I understand where you're coming from. Complain all you want! We won't tell your guests ;)

Sue, I'm completely obsessed with the scale too. I keep telling myself I'm going to stay off it so I don't have to look at the number '2' again if I happen to bounce back up, which I usually do after a fast day, of course. But I don't know if I'll be able to do it. If I do weigh myself tomorrow I'll be honest with you guys, though!

Cassie, you have come so far already! I'm really impressed with your success. You'll be in the 220s before you know it. :cheer2:

Mandy, I have been repeating that same mantra all month myself. A good, solid 24-hour fast finally got me past my block. You're losing inches from all that strength training, so I bet you'll see a decent drop on the scale soon. Sometimes it just takes awhile to catch up.

Random: Would it be weird to bring my scale with me to the hotel? :o I don't want to get out of the mode of being on plan!!!!

I have considered this myself more than once, believe me! I did NOT bring my scale to Florida, even though I wanted to, but I did manage to sneak onto my mom's scale while I was there, because I know it's pretty close to my own. Would it be weird? Probably. But you are definitely not alone in your compulsion!

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-29-2012, 06:31 PM
WOWIE ~ lots of CONGRATULATIONS are in order here today ...

-- to CAROLINE ~ for getting into Onederland! :cheer:

-- to HEATHER ~ down 3 lbs is fabulous! :cb:

-- to SMSDREAMER ~ @ 237 this am -- yahoo! :carrot:

-- to MANDY ~ for all that exercise; being stronger; and lost inches! I agree with Caroline -- all that exercise can cause you to hold water & lbs, so you are due for a big whoosh very soon! You are Towanda: Princess Warrior of the Weight-Room World! :strong:

-- to SUE ~ battling to stay on plan; been there often -- phew! :yay:

:welcome2: TEXSCRAPPER ~ you'll have that weight back off in no time!!!

Yeah, so glad that my back feels much better today; amazing what one day of rest can do. I have been cycling my calories a bit lately; had a lower day yesterday so wasn't surprised that I'm hungry today, but I am still sticking to plan -- thank goodness I get to eat a bit more today though!

I will likely have that leftover pasta for dinner tonight; as I had a pastrami sandwich and a cup of chicken soup broth for lunch instead. We have lots of :sunny: here this afternoon, and that snow is melting -- ya, baby! :dancer:

Have a FABULOUS FRIDAY tomorrow, ladies ... :flow1:

konfyoozed
03-29-2012, 07:24 PM
tawanda huh? that's a new one. :lol:

thistoo
03-30-2012, 08:06 AM
Yeah, so I totally got on the scale this morning. But I only bounced up two ounces to 198.6, so it's okay.

Rosebud, I'm glad your back is feeling better! Hopefully it's 100% after a good night's sleep.

texscrapper
03-30-2012, 09:31 AM
Good day food wise for me yesterday even though I was hungry most of the day. I did figure out that I need to eat more calories at breakfast so that I am not hungry throughout the day.

Busy day today - off to work to decorate for an event, then home to clean for company tonight :) Have a POP day ladies!

mahtha
03-30-2012, 10:56 AM
Good morning everyone :wave: and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!

I had an OP day yesterday despite pizza for dinner. It wa so crazy I barely had time to eat all day so I had plenty of points left to spend at dinnertime. Groceries on my way home tonight so I can make good choices all weekend and there will be lots of variety to choose from.

I've struggled to get much exercise in this week so my goal for the weekend is to get a good long walk in each day. (And do my taxes, but that's a whole 'nother challenge!)

There were so many great success story posts this week - CONGRATS to everyone for keeping at it!

Slashnl
03-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Hey everyone. Quick post, just to say "have a great weekend"!

konfyoozed
03-30-2012, 01:48 PM
still struggling with the "to eat, or not to eat?" question regarding my calories from exercise. i have people telling me "don't eat them if you want to lose weight" then other people telling me "eat them if you want to lose FAT..."

apparently not eating back calories means you lose weight, but you lose it from muscle. RAR. i hate this. i hate being stalled. i hate working so hard and seeing so little results. i'm so tempted to either stop worrying about food and counting every little calorie. just eat healthy stuff when i'm hungry like a normal person and continue my workouts.

either that or go back to sitting on my butt and just eating at a caloric deficit.

i hate this feeling. i want my positive upbeat self back. :(

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-30-2012, 02:01 PM
MANDY ~ It is actually, TOWANDA (my sp error) -- an assertive, alter-ego warrior like person from the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes" ... it was a compliment, really. :D

About the exercise issue, you are getting lots of benefits from it like I mentioned in my last post: you are toning up; you are losing inches; you are getting smaller; you are getting fitter; and much stronger too. Maybe cycle your calories a bit to see if that helps.

Have you ever worn your HRM all day long to see how many calories you are using up for the whole day? That might help you decide if you should up your food intake or not. You are likely building up a bit a muscle right now too; and that should help boost your metabolism overall. Just some thoughts ... don't give up -- I think you are doing great! :hug:

konfyoozed
03-30-2012, 03:02 PM
haha you spelled it right, i effed it up. i haven't seen the movie so i didn't get the reference.

i keep saying giving up exercise all together would just make this so much easier (even though it would - math wise), but i know i'm not going to... simply because i got a package today from amazon.com and was all YAY!!! because i got a new exercise dvd and a set of lifting gloves.

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-30-2012, 03:23 PM
MANDY ~ I went back and fixed it up; when I realized I had spelled her name wrong, but you get the idea now anyways. The movie was about friendship between women (helping & supporting each other); and learning to stand up for ourselves when life & people get in the way, and fighting back. Kind of like this weight-loss journey -- working to get our health & strength back. BTW, the movie is a good one; rent it sometime just for fun, but you'll need some Kleenex handy ... :lol:

mahtha
03-30-2012, 03:29 PM
Mandy, I've been wondering the same thing about "spending more". (I do WW and get extra points for exercise (APs) as well as a weekly stash for whatever) I never spend my APs and rarely dip into my weeklies. The weekly pool is pretty significant (it averages out to about 25% extra per day). My limited math skills tell me a bigger deficit = bigger/faster weight loss, but I keep hearing tales of increased intake (within allowances) = greater loss. Now I'm konfyoozed too!

I'm mid week my first attempt at cycling as Rosebud suggested to you above. I'm not sure what my results will be or if I can draw a direct corrolation, but I figure the worst that can happen is I'm stuck for another week. Best case scenario I figure out what my body wants/needs to lose consistently. I'll let you know what I learn.

Whatever you do, DON'T STOP EXERCISING. Clearly it makes you happy regardless of any immediate noticable benefit. (Yes, I know you were kidding, but sometimes we've been known to talk ourselves into some pretty silly stuff, right?)

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-30-2012, 03:55 PM
MANDY & SUE ~ as I understand it, if a person is lifting heavy weights & doing a lot of cardio, they need to eat enuff that they don't lose muscle, but build some muscle instead. In order to do that, they should add in a bit more PROTEIN calories each day (i.e. 1-2 oz of lean protein).

Since MANDY has been stalled for about 2 months, and if all the other ideas don't work, she could try this strategy which has worked for others, esp some men here. I know that it may sound counter-productive, but it's not in this type of situation. Mandy is doing a lot of exercise each day, and lifting weights as well.

bbl ... have company

mahtha
03-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Rosebud, I think you're right as counter-intuitive as the math sounds!

konfyoozed
03-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Have you ever worn your HRM all day long to see how many calories you are using up for the whole day? That might help you decide if you should up your food intake or not. You are likely building up a bit a muscle right now too; and that should help boost your metabolism overall. Just some thoughts ... don't give up -- I think you are doing great! :hug:

got so caught up on the towanda thing i forgot to answer this.

i have not worn my HRM all day to see what i burn on a regular basis. pretty sure the abbreviation for that is TDEE (total daily energy expenditure)... not to be confused with BMR (basal metabolic rate) which is the calories your body needs to function, as is, if you were in a coma.

however, i HAVE worn it while watching 3 hours of TV vegging with my husband. and because i'm a dork and get excited over commercials, as well as a wiggle worm who can't get comfy, i burned over 600 calories in that 3 hour period... just sitting there. i'm assuming my TDEE is somewhere around 2400-2500 (200x12 plus a little)... which, according to online calculators is probably accurate for a person my age, height, weight, and lightly active.

konfyoozed
03-30-2012, 04:36 PM
okay. i promise i'm done whining about my stall until next month if/when i have to report another 0 lb loss for the month. to make up for my pity party, here is an awesome picture of my fat cat. i want her life.

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/5628/pixaloo.jpg

Beverlyjoy
03-30-2012, 11:53 PM
Hi! My friend came over to help me in the garden yesterday. (Thursday) I am faced with beds full of creeping charlie and weedy lamium. She dug up all the plants in two flower beds and put each plant in my lap. I picked and pulled the weeds from the plants & soil. I loved getting my hands in the dirt and didn't have to stand for any of it. (However.. I didn't like the weeds.) Each plant is now potted where I 'll watch for those weeds before replanting the plants. Now - this means 'war' on each flower bed to erradicate the weeds. It's some of the best fun I've had in the garden for a while.

Food choices were so, so. I wasn't willing to stay with my plan. But - I am checking in. I will strive to do better. I've kind of lost my umph. However, I will not run away.

Thanks to all for your support and kind words for my ankle and thoughts for my food struggles. My ankle is doing better today (Friday).

texscrapper
03-31-2012, 08:41 AM
I know all of our bodies process things differently, but last time I lost significant weight, I would cycle my points. My higher point days were always my exercise days. This methods worked for me, and I steadily lost 2-3 pounds a week doing this. Once I get through Easter at work, plan to begin the points cycling and add exercise into my life.

Yesterday I did great foodwise, but not so great drink wise :dizzy: We had friends of ver I had 2 adult beverages, but that's what weekly points are for. I just need to stick close to my plan un my week resets on Monday.

thistoo
03-31-2012, 08:57 AM
Good morning! I am far too cheerful for someone who has to go to work for the sixth day in a row, but the scale said 198.2 this morning, so that put me in a good mood.

I was expecting a little bounce up after yesterday. I was so HUNGRY all day, which I mostly managed with nuts, but those are calorie-dense, of course, so I try not to go crazy with them. Then I went out for dinner and had a not-exactly-on-plan Cobb salad that I'm sure was fairly calorie-dense, and I had a glass of wine as well. So the fact that I didn't gain, even temporarily, is a surprise, but a welcome one.

Today's a fast day, thankfully, because working weekends is crazy and we don't really take breaks from sitting at the public service desk (I'm a reference librarian) where we can't eat, so it's easier not to have to think about food at all.

Beverly, can you send your friend over to my yard next? It's a disaster, and I was counting on today to try to wrangle it, but clearly that's not happening!

I'm glad your ankle is feeling better. :) I'll be sending positive food thoughts in your direction. It's really hard to drag yourself back on plan, I know that all too well. You can do it, though.

EveLHaelf
03-31-2012, 02:04 PM
Hello, everyone. :wave:

I am a regainer, trying to reLOSE and get back into Onederland. My last weight loss bout, I lost 100lbs and was in the 160's but life got in the way with DH deploying and me having to move cross country. Hubby is back and we bought a HOUSE and I finally have all the space I need to workout and cook healthy meals and I'm done making excuses. I am starting Insanity tomorrow the first and I'm going to finish it, too! :dizzy: I just want to get back in the swing of things, I had such a groove going on. I was unstoppable! So motivated and strong. I want that again.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.:)

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-31-2012, 02:37 PM
:welcome: back, EVE ~ glad you came back again; life does that to us, but you'll have things under control again in no time! This is why I firmly believe coming round here on a fairly regular basis is so important, esp when you are trying to maintain a loss -- pick at least one favorite thread, and try to check in once a week (this is a good one for you right now). Make it a date: cuz it helps us keep ever aware of how we are doing ... :hug:

BEVERLYJOY ~ glad your ankle is feeling better; and about the eating -- just keep going cuz all of a sudden one day you'll find your groove again. That's what I did -- just plugged away at it day after day, and things just got better with time. No, I wasn't perfect, but you don't have to be -- persistence & perserverance are more important in the long run.

That is so nice to have a gardening buddy; you are blessed indeed. My perennial gardens need some more soil and maybe a little compost gold to give them a boost. As soon as some comes on sale, we'll buy several bags. Last fall we trimmed the bushes. I just love that everything is perennials that come up each year; and they mass planted so not much room for any weeds (the main two gardens have brick walls). The previous owners did a great job, but it just needs a little TLC ... :D

CAROLINE ~ I'm so glad that your 198 lbs has held for you; that's fab! :carrot:

... last time I lost significant weight, I would cycle my points. My higher point days were always my exercise days.

TEXASCRAPPER ~ I really like that plan :idea: you have: that's exactly what I am trying right now too. Good luck ... :)

Eating went well this week; had a higher day on Thurs (leftovers & salad), and lower on Friday (had a burger/chz -- no bun with salad). DH picked us up a deli BBQ Spit whole chicken for the weekend; I will have that with salad and veggies for Sat & Sunday.

We have glorious :sunny: here today; still a bit cool in the mid-40's though. Hope you all have a great OP weekend; and, keep up the good work, ladies ... :flow2:

konfyoozed
04-01-2012, 01:53 AM
okay. i am decided. you all know i've been reading and researching and going crazy because i don't know if my calories are too high or too low and stressing about the whole thing like whoa.

well, i am going to try something a little crazy and try this "eat more, weigh less" plan. i am not worried about the gain it will produce at first, i really need my body to relearn that food is not evil, i have abused it for the last year, feeding it less than it needed to function. so, instead of taking my 1800 calories per day and dropping it even more, i'm going to raise it to 2600, mostly via protein/healthy fats/complex carbs and count on my regular exercise routine to be my deficit. you all know i work out like crazy.

if you are interested and want more info, or just curious about what this crazy talk is, read here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/k0nfyo0zed/eat-more-weigh-less

i firmly believe that our bodies are not meant to take the double hit of crazy drastic calorie drop PLUS crazy exercise deficit. so i'm not doing that to myself anymore. i just did it because it was 'the thing to do.'

i am turning "eat less, move more" to "eat well, exercise freely"

and you know what? if it doesn't work... i will have been happy for the 4 months i plan on doing this. no more going to bed hungry or being grumpy because breakfast has to be egg whites and coffee.

"but isn't eating like that why you got fat in the first place?"... well. no. i was eating junk, not healthy food. AND i wasn't exercising to create a deficit, so this will be different and hopefully i will be happier knowing that i can include cheese, nuts, and peanut butter in my diet again.

wish me luck. :D

thistoo
04-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Mandy, I wish you well. Let us know how it's going.

I'm down to another 1.2 to 197 this morning, after another 24-hour fast. I feel pretty good, despite the fact that it's foggy and sort of cold outside. I should be getting ready for church, but instead I'm still on the couch in my pajamas drinking coffee. Totally okay with that!

I do have to hit the grocery store at some point today. If the weather clears up I will try to tackle my (very large, very overgrown) back yard with the lawn mower, but either way I will get in plenty of exercise today.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

EveLHaelf
04-01-2012, 12:33 PM
JW2bhealthy- Thank you for the warm welcome. It feels good to be back here on the forums. I used to check in here daily and I think that is part of what was motivating me so much.

Mandy- That plan sounds like something you will be able to do for life, not just something you struggle through to drop weight. I think you will do great on it. :)

Thistoo- I hope you have fun in your back yard! We just moved into our house and our back yard is all thistle and pokey stuff :( So we are trying to figure out how to actually have grass back there! I too was supposed to make it to church, but I woke up late and took too much time drinking my yummy coffee so I'm gonna make it to the later service.

I'm doing day one of Insanity today which is the fit test. It's a shorter workout but it is still quite INSANE. Wish me luck! Hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-01-2012, 01:43 PM
I have fabulous news today, ladies (and MANDY, you want to hear this, for sure) ... :yes:

This winter I "upped" my calories to 1800-2000 cap as you know. Previously, I had went down to 1250-1500 after a long plateau, but I was way too hungry, so then I upped it to 1500-1600. Still had a very slow loss -- only a lb here & there, so I upped it again to 1800-2000. This winter, I also started cycling my calories and low & behold -- I have started to lose weight again ... more than I have in a long, long while. So, whoohoo, for that!!!

The dietician at our hosptial weighed me last fall for my colonoscopy prep, and since then I am down 23 lbs -- BUT, I know about 10 of that was water & clothes becuz she weighed me in the late afternoon with my clothes, boots, and vest on. I have this 5-10 lb water fluctuation going on still; I still retain water in my legs over the day.

Anyhow, compared to my last lowest weight, I am down at least 10 lbs over the winter; this is my lowest weight in 20 years! :dancer: :dance: :dancer:

Like CAROLINE, I will weigh myself for the next two days also, to make sure it isn't a fluke (becuz the last time I went back up 4 lbs in water weight, and got stuck there) ... although, I did continue to lose inches and sizes -- which are still good NSV's.

I won't change my stats in my signature until I have checked it for 3 days running, but I am so happy to have lost "about" 2 lbs per month over the winter. So, all that cycling calories, dancing, hand-weights, toning exercises (which I increased), and upping calories on those hungry days, have paid off ... :D

bbl, my DH needs help to find some sugar for his coffee ... ;) I'm back; found it! :lol:

MANDY ~ I eat peanut butter, full-fat cheese, UNsalted nuts, and even pizza on occasion -- and I am still losing weight & inches & sizes as you have just read. I do measure them though. PB by the tsp or tbl; cheese in pre-cut sizes or cut it into the size of my thumb (about 15 grams); UNsalted nuts counted out; and pizza by the slice (usually 1 slice from the take-out or 2 slices home baked thin crust, with salad). Most of the time, I make my own PITA PIZZAS, which are lower cals too (under 400 with lots of veggies).

Good luck with your new plan strategies; let us know how it goes for you ... :D

texscrapper
04-01-2012, 02:01 PM
WTG ladies!

I truly believe in the eat more, lose more when exercising philosophy - I've seen it work. Excited to see what your progress is!

This will be a tough week for me - I'll be working 60+ hours, so food balancing will be a challenge. I'll put my mind to it and manage it though!

Good luck this week everyone!

konfyoozed
04-01-2012, 06:52 PM
thank you guys for not thinking i'm completely crazy for doing this. or at least, if you think i'm crazy for doing this, not telling me you think i'm crazy :)

i did my weigh in and measurements this morning. for the month of march i gained 1 pound and lost 1 inch over all. boo.

day one has resulted in joy about my plan. i may have cried over my whole eggs with real cheese and peanut butter toast. it has also resulted in a major loss of stress. eating more means worrying less. and i love it. :D

rosebud - i'm glad you had success with it and if you are ever curious about my progress, the blog i am writing to journal it is linked in my sig. :)

thistoo
04-02-2012, 09:20 AM
Good morning, all you lovely relosers. I am down another 8 ounces this morning to 196.2, something I'm wicked super excited about. Just two more pounds and I'll be closer to 180 than I am to 190! I'm looking forward to it.

I did not get my back yard wrangled yesterday, so I have that to look forward to Tuesday after work. Instead yesterday I did some Insanity in solidarity with Eve. Man, I hate globe squats. But hey, if it results in an eight ounce loss overnight, I will keep doing globe squats.

texscrapper, good luck with your long week. That does sound awfully stressful. I am not going to complain about working Saturdays anymore!

Have a great Monday, everyone. Keep going! We've got this. :cheer3:

mahtha
04-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Good Morning, everyone :wave:

Congrats Caroline and Rosebud, All that hard work is paying off!

texscrapper, That schedule has got to be tough on your planning. Best wishes for a good week.

EveLHaelf, welcome to the crew!

Beverlyjoy, what a wonderful friend you have! That sounds like a glorious day in the weeds. I'm happy to hear your ankle is feeling better.

I had a productive weekend and stayed OP with my food, but housework and errands and graduation dress shopping with D17 got in the way of any serious exercise. D21 will be home this week for Easter break which makes me :D. Now if only we could get the rest of the gang in the same place at the same time... (DH will be home in 11 days and there will be 3 weeks before his next trip. Yippeeee)

It's a busy, busy week here with large group training meetings. I'm opting out of as many meals as possible because the pastries and sandwiches and pizza and such just don't fit into my plans. I'l be sneaking off to my desk to eat a salad and will be sure to have some healthy snacks handy.

I hope everyone has a great week.

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-02-2012, 11:35 AM
THANKS, LADIES ~ well, I checked my weight again this AM -- and it's even better than yesterday -- down another 1.5 lbs, but will check one more day, as I'm sure 3 days will be good. Today, I weighed myself with my nightie & socks on too!

Yahoo, baby! I love these little dancing guys ... :dancer: :dance: :dancer:

Can you tell I'm excited ~ it's sure a long time in coming -- and I am sneaking up on that 100 lbs. If I keep doing well, I will see that before summer, I hope; but we won't jinx it ... ;)

Just popped in to share the good news; better go eat my breakfast -- I'm a bit late today ... :D

MANDY ~ will be watching your blog, for sure ... :)

Beverlyjoy
04-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Hello relosers - I am so happy to be able to say that yesterday was a healthy food day. That five pound gain in a day was gone this morning -YAY. I think it was a combination of salt, medication and extra food. Somehow... it's given me the willingness try and do the things that I know will work and are helpful.

Yesterday I planned/measured/logged food, weighed, did my stretches & strengthening exericise, lots of water, & tried to eat slower.

My foot/ankle is hurting again (I was back in the garden and did way too much)... - I stopped taking the strong nsaid yesterday - but, I do need it today - I can't get by with arthritis tylenol . If I gain the weight again I'll know where it came from. I will also use ice and rest. I must stay out of the garden for the next few days.

Mahtha - how joyful to have family coming together. Good job on staying OP. You get high five for planning ahead with salads, etc - during your meetings, etc.

texscraper - yes, you have a challenging week ahead. You have a GREAT attitude. Remember to plan, plan, and plan some more.

thistoo - I am doing a happy dance in honor of you being in onederland!! Glad to see another .8 pound gone too. (that's three sticks of butter, ya know.) Carry on!

justwant2bhealthy - I am so, so glad that you are losing well again. Yes, we have to find out what works at different times. I don't know if you've had a colonoscopy or not - procedure is easy. However, when you do the 'prep' this is no time to buy the cheap toilet paper. LOL

evilhaelf - Welcome!! Folks here are so supportive, friendly & wise.

konfeysed - sorry about your stall. (Love the kitty photo) I don't think your plan is nutty. Dr. Oz was recently talking about eating more and then going back to eating less as a jumpstart to your metabolism. Keep us posted.

As always, I thank you all for your support, kindness and wisdom.

Slashnl
04-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Ok, I am way far behind on reading this thread. I went back to read, but too many comments to put down right now. I'm glad that so many are having success. I am not, but I have not been on track for a couple of weeks, so I'm not blaming anything or anyone, or complaining (well, maybe a little...). I'm healthy again, no more cold, no company, so I went back to Spin today. Yes it hurt, but it will be good again. I went up in weight, but I'm being accountable and putting it on my ticker. I am planned out for the week to be good with food, so I hope to have it going down again soon.

Just fessing up!!

Have a great week everyone!

thistoo
04-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Sue, good luck with the meetings! Your plan of attack for food pitfalls sounds terrific.

THANKS, LADIES ~ well, I checked my weight again this AM -- and it's even better than yesterday -- down another 1.5 lbs, but will check one more day, as I'm sure 3 days will be good. Today, I weighed myself with my nightie & socks on too!

Woohoo! :cheer2: :cheer3: Go you!

I am doing a happy dance in honor of you being in onederland!!

Thanks! Just don't hurt your ankle again! :D Seriously, I hope your foot feels better soon. Be sure to give it lots of rest today. And WTG staying on plan yesterday! For me getting through that first day always makes it a little easier to get through another, then another. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have another great day today.

Diane, sorry to hear about your setback, we can all relate to the frustration! But we're here if you need to vent. You can get back on the wagon and turn it around in no time. :cheer2:

I should be working, so obviously I am hanging around here instead. Back to boring paperwork, I suppose. :yawn:

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Thanks ladies, so it's official -- weighed again this AM and it's exactly the same as yesterday! So now, I will go change the stats in my signature ... yahoo! I get another dragonfly too! (that's me in the middle) :lol:

:broc: :dancer: :cb: :carrot: :dance: :carrot: :cb: :dancer: :broc:

Caroline ~ congrats on the continued losses ...

BeverlyJoy ~ congrats on staying OP and exercise, etc ...

To everyone else ~ just keep chuggling along; you'll get there ... :D

knobhdy
04-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Hi all. I'm feeling pretty bummed out today. I'm ready to jump back in and get to losing, and I broke a toe last week.

So walking is hard, and running's been impossible for the last 10 days or so. To top it off, I wasn't good about eating right.. so I undid a bunch of the effort I made at the end of March. Boo.

Anyway, back on the horse, right? Tomorrow I am reinstituting my afternoon constitutional with a coworker, and Thursday I'm checking out my new trainer at my new gym. And Sunday, I will be joining my running club for the first time since I organized it. :rolleyes:

Just a month until my first 5K.

thistoo
04-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Thanks ladies, so it's official -- weighed again this AM and it's exactly the same as yesterday!

Yay you! :carrot: :carrot: That's great news.

Hi all. I'm feeling pretty bummed out today. I'm ready to jump back in and get to losing, and I broke a toe last week.

Aw, I'm sorry about your toe and your setback. Good for you for getting back on the horse, though. And WTG on organizing a running group!

I'm holding steady this morning, which makes me very happy. Today's a fasting day for me, but I'm not sure how long I'm going to make it. I'm pretty hungry. I am also going to try to sneak out of work a little early and go home to wrangle my back yard into submission before my neighbors get home to witness it :o but I have a last minute meeting at 2:00, so I don't know how feasible that is. Time will tell!

Have a great day, everyone.

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-03-2012, 11:30 AM
:welcome: Knobhdy ~ glad you joined us; just remember all you have accomplished so far. You can always walk with your running club until your toe heals. Hope you are feeling better soon ... :hug:

Thanks, Caroline ~ have fun spiffing up your yard; that's great exercise too ... :D

Oh, BeverlyJoy ~ I already had the colonoscopy last fall; it went OK, just the nurses had a heck of a time getting my vein (they are so small) ... ouch! Doc took out two polyps & I made it through. For the fast: I had 1 cup chicken broth + 1 cup jello for the 3 meals; then pure juice, pop, and water in between ... I did better on that than I thought I would. That night, was able to have cream of mushroom soup for dinner: oh, it tasted like heaven ... ;)

Have a great OP (on plan) day everyone!

konfyoozed
04-03-2012, 02:33 PM
good afternoon ladies. :)

i hope you all are having a great day! i have so much energy today (but that could be the coffee protein shake i had for breakfast)... and my cats think i'm nuts for singing and dancing around the house to lady gaga (my typical way to expend energy when home alone)

lunch is coming up, and i'm gonna use the leftover shredded bbq chicken to make a wrap with cheese and onions. yum! can't decide what to make for dinner yet. probably somethin the hubby likes a lot. like kielbasa and potatoes. :)

Beverlyjoy
04-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Yesterday was a healthy food day. My plan did take a couple of twists and turns when DH wanted to go out to eat - but, then we ended up not going. Anyway - I was within my plan despite all the changes. DH got Jr. Frosty's for the little neighbors and didn't get one for me (yay) and it never came in the house. I think my 'enabler' comment really made him listen - Oh, I know it did. He left me a message the other day calling himself 'your dear enabler'. Now it's kind of a jolke - but, it's OK with me.

We usually hide the eggs for our little neighbors for them to find after church on Easter Sunday. DH said he would take care of filling them. Thanks, honey!

Some credits for yesterday:
planned/measured/logged food
no seconds
stretches and strengthening
lots of water
left one bite at every meal/snack
tried to eat slower
posted here
weighed - down

This morning I was down 1.5 pounds. Tomorrow will be seven weeks since my two surgeries. I gave myself 'that time' before changing my ticker one way or the other. Today I am 204... so we will see what tomorrow brings. I will change it up or down or none (if necessary) tomorrow

thistoo: I am doing a 'one legged' happy dance for you!!

I've got to scoot. I'll try and get back for personals. Have a GREAT day.

heathermichigan
04-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Hi all :)
I'm back from a short trip with the husband. My goal was to eat on plan as much as possible and get lots of activity (walking) in so that the small splurges didn't affect me much. I did really well with food, except for a planned cupcake snack and french toast breakfast, but I did drink quite a bit both nights I was gone :o so that will probably bite me in the butt later this week. (Mostly wine, which is better than stuff like daiquiris or margaritas, but still!) My goal is to be back to 213 by next Sunday (I haven't been able to weigh since Sunday am and assume that I am up!)

mahtha
04-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Hi ladies :wave:
Day 1 of meetings went well. I over planned in the food department so I'm significantly under points right now. I may need to have an ice cream sandwich later. :D

I'm so thrilled to see all the progress in the group! I'm posting on my phone so personals are out of the question but I'm doing the happy dance for all who have lost and doing some extra :cheer: for those stalled a bit in results or motivation. I'm really blessed to have found this group, you guys really help keep me focused. I'm not freaking out that my progress is slow, because as frustrating as it can be some days I know that if I keep doing it the results will eventually follow.

Have a fantastic evening, all!

texscrapper
04-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Hi everyone! WI was yesterday and I had a loss for the week.

This week is crazy at work - I work for a church - so planning my WW points is necessary. I thought I did ok, but when I got home I still had half my daily allotment left. I guess it's snack night tonight :)

Hope everyone else is doing well!

thistoo
04-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Beverly, you're getting back on track and that's what matters. Soon your ticker will be going back down and this will all be behind you.

Heather, it sounds like you did really well, considering! My plans for my NYC trip next month are about the same as yours; wine will be my biggest indulgence, but I have a few off-plan foods worked in as well.

The more important question for you is: How was your trip?

Sue, glad to hear the meetings are going well so far. I don't envy you or texscrapper your busy weeks! I'm glad to hear you've both got plans that are working for you. And I am always in favor of snacks!

This morning I'm down to 195.6, and my back yard is finally under control. It was a mess and I'm just as glad the neighbors weren't home to judge me (though they certainly had every right, having to look at that mess for two weeks) but I probably shouldn't have tackled it on a fast day. I was trying to stay ahead of the rain so I didn't eat first. Normally I work out at lunch time on fast days, but yesterday it was about hour 22 before I got started and my yard is one big hill, so it's a bit of a workout even when it's not overgrown.

Anyway, I was pretty nauseous afterwards, so I spent my evening rehydrating. After I ate some carbs I felt okay. Never weak or anything, just kind of sick to my stomach. I slacked on the water yesterday in favor of too much caffeine (which then kept me up all night) so it's my own fault.

And now that I have written a novel for your perusal, I better shut up and go get ready for work. It's my last work day of the week and I'm going in late. I am the consummate slacker.

Slashnl
04-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Hi everyone. Glad to hear some good progress by everyone. Caroline, it seems like you finally made it past the 200 mark and now you are shedding the pounds! Way to go!

I went to spin this morning. It was a struggle, but I really do like doing it. Getting up early is so hard, but so worth it. I didn't do great yesterday, but today will be better since I started on the right track.

Better go.

heathermichigan
04-04-2012, 11:31 AM
First weigh in after the trip and I'm up to 216.2. Luckily, I know this is mostly water weight and will be extra good the rest of the week and drink plenty to get rid of it. I KNOW I didn't drink and eat that much. MAYBE 1/2 a pound worth ;)

Caroline--it was great, thanks for asking :) We went to Chicago and just hung out like locals, didn't do anything touristy. (In fact, I think we did too well at doing the local thing--got asked for directions a number of times and various other things that made me think people thought we were locals. LOL!) I DID go to the huge Old Navy in the Loop and got some size large stuff, which thrilled me beyond belief. Thank you vanity sizing!! :D

Happy Wednesday people!

thistoo
04-04-2012, 03:23 PM
I went to spin this morning. It was a struggle, but I really do like doing it. Getting up early is so hard, but so worth it. I didn't do great yesterday, but today will be better since I started on the right track.

Yay you for going! :cheer2: Spin is no joke, that's for sure, but it'll get better.

Caroline--it was great, thanks for asking :) We went to Chicago and just hung out like locals, didn't do anything touristy. (In fact, I think we did too well at doing the local thing--got asked for directions a number of times and various other things that made me think people thought we were locals. LOL!)

I'm glad you had a great time! And I swear, the highlight of my last trip to NYC was the morning I was wandering around midtown alone and a cute boy asked me for directions. I pretended I knew what I was talking about and crossed my fingers I wasn't sending him the wrong way. ;)

Yay for smaller sizes too, vanity or not. You'll get that vacation weight off in no time at all.

mahtha
04-04-2012, 05:20 PM
I survived day 2! I'm so happy the bulk of this week is behind me. I got roped into group lunch today but made good choices given the options. I'll be able to have a normal dinner tonight and end the day OP. I get my lunch hour back starting tomorrow so it's back to walking - I actually miss it!

The scale is being stubborn again, but my pants aren't fitting so well anymore. I have a 3 day weekend coming so I can take some time to paw through my closet and see what's back there that I haven't worn in a while.

Congrats, everyone on some fabulous wins (and losses!) Together we can...

Slashnl
04-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Heather - I've always wanted to see Chicago. How fun!

Mahtha - Gotta hate stubborn scales.

Well, I went to Body Pump this morning. It was brutal for some reason. The squats and lunges were killer for me. I'm glad I went, though. I almost gave myself the option of not going this morning. I hate it when I do that. It needs to be mandatory!! Ha!

Have a good one everyone!

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-05-2012, 12:42 PM
BeverlyJoy ~ congrats on that 1.5 lbs and strategy victories! Yes, keeping at it, does pay off -- you are almost at your ticker low; oops, you ARE below your ticker low now ... :carrot:

Congrats to all those who are sticking to plan and doin' all that exercise; and yes, all that yardwork too -- WOW!

Eating has been good; finding my groove, I think. I have been eating whenever I'm hungry, plus I decided to eat my dinner at 5 p.m. and it has been working out great. As I mentioned before, I would get really hungry at 11 am and 5 pm -- the snack strategy works at 11 am but not 5 pm, so this week we are eating dinner then and it is helping a lot. I have a small planned snack in the evening instead (last night was cheddar cheese & baby carrots & tea).

Monday: pork chop; rice/barley mix; veggies
Tuesday: baked fish; corn; salad
Wednesday: penne pasta & veg/meat sauce; green beans

It is still very cool :brr: outside today, but we have lovely :sunny: -- luv it. Have a great OP day everyone .. :flow2:

Elladorine
04-05-2012, 01:16 PM
I restarted my weight loss program on March 5. As of last night, I lost 11 of the 23 pounds I'd gained back since last summer. I hadn't thought of it this way yet but that means I'm about halfway back to my lowest point from last year. Can't wait to see where I am in another couple of months. :carrot:

LindseyLouWho
04-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Bad headache for the past couple of days that just won't go away. I thought maybe it was the Wonderslim that I've been doing, but I've tried eating more carbs (and just more calories in general), and so far no improvement. I went to the doctor today and she thinks it's probably a tension headache and prescribed me some better headache meds. She also ordered some blood work to check for anemia, hypothyroidism, etc. It figures that when I'm trying to do something good for myself by losing weight, health problems will try and bring me down. :-/

Crippling headaches that make it very difficult to read and concentrate are NOT good for studying. I can't afford to have this time off from studying that's being forced on me. Med school doesn't allow for it!

Oh well, time to stop reading and typing. It's not helping matters by any means, but at the same time it feels good to vent.

lottie63
04-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Hey everyone, this is perfect for me right now. I had lost 80 lbs and I regained al most 40 lbs of that before starting to turn it back around. I'm in a study, they weigh me there once a month, trying to just focus on health and will only weigh at my study as not to freak myself out or get frustrated. I know I Feel better eating proper so I'm not going to sweat the scale right now.

Anyhow, hello!

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-05-2012, 07:57 PM
:welcome: Lottie ~ I don't obsess about the scale either -- I have always preferred to watch my sizes & inches, plus other NSV's. I only weigh myself every 3-6 months becuz it works for me. The reason: I had hit some plateaus over & over; and this has helped me keep my mind in a positive place and keep going.

Sometimes, our body is still losing fat, but we just can't see it. A doctor told me once -- not to weigh more than every 3 weeks. I asked him why, and he said becuz most people will show a loss by then. Well, at that time, I did show a loss at every weigh-in.

Just do what you gotta do -- do whatever works for YOU! :D

LinseyLou ~ hope you feel better real soon ... :hug:

thistoo
04-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Welcome, Lottie! And hello to everyone else. :D

I had the day off today, so after I dropped my cowboy boots off at the cobbler to be re-heeled I stopped in at the popular tattoo parlor in town for my 'Yay me I got back into onederland' present. Normally my sister and I lift weights on Thursday nights, but I got her to switch to last night so I wouldn't have an open wound on my arm while we lifted.

This morning I started running again, which I HATE, but it's really the best way for me to reshape my lower half, so I did it anyway. We have a lot of killer hills in this part of the country too, so walk/running outside is always a challenge. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow, but it felt good to do it without feeling like I was going to die.

I hope everyone had a good Thursday! Easter weekend isn't a food fest for me like it is for most people; my sister and her kids go to her in-laws', and I'm not invited. Fine with me; it's a lot easier to stick to my diet that way.

Beverlyjoy
04-05-2012, 09:29 PM
I am having a healthful day today. I am feeling very stressed as a good friend of DH's (his best friend from high school and they are still good friends) had a heart attack and is having open heart surgery as I type this. DH is home on a day off - he's scooted over to the hospital to sit with our DF's wife. The first thing I wanted to do was eat!! You know... any emotion makes me think of food. But - I have shouted back at those sabatoging thoughts for now. I keep saying that eating and food is NOT an emergency... it does not fix cravings, desire, emotions, fatigue or illness. It just does NOT fix them. Please send your positive thoughts to our friend, Brad.

Today I planned/measured/logged food, had no seconds, always left a bite, lots of water, journalling etc.

Hope you've had a great day.

Beverlyjoy
04-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Hi relosers... our friend came through his surgery well & I did NOT overeat about it. So grateful for the willingness to push through the 'need' to eat. It was strictly emotional reasons for wanting to eat.

Actually yesterday was a healthy food day. I am grateful for that. I fulfilled many of my goals:
no second helpings
lots of water
always left a bite of food on my plate
used my resistance techniques to NOT eat when emotional
a few deep breaths before each meal to center myself
weighed
planned/measured food/logged

I have been thinking about ways and stratagy's to make it through this weekend with food sanity and within my plan. For me - I must plan, plan and plan some more.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and weekend.

knobhdy
04-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Congratulations Beverly. It sounds like you did exactly the right things for you and your friend. Great to hear he is doing well, too.

I really tested the limits of my broken toe yesterday. I got slammed at work (lunch ended up being a lean cuisine I had stashed in the freezer for emergencies), and I didn't get out for the constitutional until 4pm. I got back to my desk at 4:40 just in time to see a message from my workout buddy letting me know he was already at the gym. :stars:

I hustled over there, and we had a great workout with a new trainer. But my toe was constantly reminding me that it was broken. Certainly puts a damper in my 5K training I had scheduled this weekend.

I'll be walking for another week at least. But walking is better than nothing.

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-06-2012, 04:34 PM
:easter2: :easter2: :easter2:

BeverlyJoy ~ so glad that BRAD came through the surgery well; sending up ^prayers^ for a full recovery too. Congrats on holding off the emotional-response eatng as well. :hug:

Caroline ~ we just have a nice dinner on Monday: this year, it's Ham and Potato-veggie scallop on the side. Couldn't find a small peanut butter egg this year ... oh well, didn't really need it anyways! ;)

Knobydy ~ :yes: walking is still a very good exercise; highly rated and recommended by almost everyone ... ;)

:egg: Have a wonderful EASTER weekend, everyone ... :egg:

Beverlyjoy
04-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Hi.. back for a few personals before company comes. Today is going well.. am grateful for that.

Thanks again for your kind thoughts for our friend who just had the heart surgery.

knobhdy - wow - what a day. Hope your toe feels better soon. Some days are crazy. Credit for keeping it good with your food and exercise.

Justwant2bhealthy - thanks for the easter greetings. I like your approach of making sure to celebrate the NSV's too!

thistoo - what tatoo did you get. Hooray for running - even when you don't like it. Carry on!

Hi Lottie! - so good to you your post! I hope your study goes well!

lindsaylouwho - gosh , hope you feel better soon. Headaches can be so rough. Take care now.

Elladorine - congrats on your great loss!

slash - good for you - pushing through to go and do your exercise!

mahtha - well done with your good choices - these impromptu things can be tough. What a great NSV - looking in the back of the closet!!

heathermichigan - yes, very often it's water weight after a trip. It's always nice to be home in your 'food comfort zone.

Have a great weekend folks.

As always, thanks for your support, wisdom and kindness.

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-07-2012, 08:59 PM
:wave: Boy, it's quiet in here today; but I know everyone is super busy this weekend. We had guests last week, but just a quiet weekend for us becuz we don't go too big on this holiday either.

Eating has been good this week and weekend as well. Wednesday had pasta with homemade meat & veggie sauce (heavy on the veggies) plus green beans. Thursday had leftovers. Friday had chicken patties & onions plus coleslaw & sliced tomatoes. Tonight we had roasted chicken (breast for me), a small new potato & mixed veggies. All very good.

Think I'll do some reading tonight. Have a Super Serene Easter Sunday everybody ... :bunny:

Beverlyjoy
04-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Hi! Checking in. Company is gone... time to put. my feet up for a few minutes. We had a good visit with family. Didn't get to see my son, dil & gs as they are expecting a baby any day now. (due date April 15) Other family came. My SIL was bringing one pie and she brought three pies. I will have to give or throw them away. I have not made all the best choices - however, it doesn't mean that I must make unplanned choices for a week.

I hope that you all have had a nice weekend.

DH & I hid Easter eggs in two yards of the neighbors. They youngsters are so joyful to find them. Love it. DH and his 'offer' to fill the eggs didn't come true. He got the candy and gave it to me and went to see his friend in the hospital for a quick hello. I was left filling the eggs with candy, coins, stickers to get ready to hide by a certain time. So much for him doing it so I wouldn't have to deal with the candy. Phooey.

I will check in later. Take care, now.

thistoo
04-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Hi guys. Beverly, I got the Eiffel Tower tattooed on my forearm. It's my third piece, but I always forget how sore it will be after the work is done. I don't mind the pain of getting the actual tattoo so much, but the soreness afterwards is worse for me. Though it's a big old open wound, so I suppose that's to be expected.

Anyway, it's been interfering with my ability to type, since I put it on my forearm, so I haven't been very active here this weekend.

Rosebud, it's been a quiet day around here too; I went to church with my sister and her kids, then I went grocery shopping and mowed the lawn. Now I'm going to do my cooking for the week, and that's about it. I'm planning to make a big pot of chicken and coconut flour dumplings. The chicken thighs are in the crockpot pre-cooking right now.

I hope you all have had a nice weekend! Mine was very relaxing, although as usual I didn't get nearly enough done. I did the stuff I wanted to do, but not the stuff I should have been doing. Someday I will grow up and learn to be a responsible adult! Someday.

heathermichigan
04-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Happy Easter everyone.
I was REALLY naughty last night and today. I spent time with family and they had Easter candy EVERYWHERE. Need I say more? Sigh.
I am going to go hard core this week and really get back on track. I WILL reach Onederland by Memorial Day!!!

texscrapper
04-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Hi everyone :wave:!

Well, my insane work week is over - I ended up working 70+ hours from Sunday to Sunday and I am exhausted. I do have this week off, so my main focus will be to get back to tracking! Somehow I managed to lose 2 pounds, but I think this was more from all of the exercise that I did vs the food choices I made.

Anyway, hope that you all have an amazing POP day!

thistoo
04-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Ouch, Heather, sorry to hear about the Easter candy. I would have failed if I'd been surrounded too. As it is there's a bunch of Easter candy in the office at work, but I'm just staying out of there until it goes away.

Texscrapper, glad you survived Holy Week! And with a loss, even; that's fantastic!

I am having the worst time breaking the 195 barrier. I know I had a huge loss last week so I can't expect much this week, but if I could just get down a pound I'd be thrilled. I think I've lost all of four ounces since last Wednesday. Less than auspicious, but I think my calories have been a little high, so it's my own fault. I'm trying to get back on track this week. I've been doing some running intervals too, so that should help.

Have a great Monday, everyone. Mine is going to be busy.

Beverlyjoy
04-09-2012, 09:57 AM
TGIMonday! Glad the huge temptations are gone. I've given away most of the food. Soon the extra pie will be trashed. (DH said he'd take it to the neighbor.. he didn't, so in the trash it goes with a good squirt of liquid dish soap.) It's better in the trash than me.

I have my journal and will plan out a healthy food day.

I hope everyone is doing well today.

If you ate extra over the weekend... well, that's over and done. You must forgive yourself and hop right back on your plan.

Have a GREAT day.

mahtha
04-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Hi everyone :wave: I've missed you! Just a quick update and hopefully I'll have more time to pop in later today and catch up with everyone.

I had a nice weekend with the girls home but it's back to the routines again. I made good food choices but my exercise was pretty much non-existant. My fridge died Thursday night so I thought that was going to throw my menu planning into a tailspin, but the local appliance store was able to deliver a new one on Friday afternoon so I could grocery shop and keep on track.

D21 is now following my WW plan so that made things much easier - the challenge comes when DH gets home at the end of the week and we're in celebration mode. I'm planning, planning, planning.

The scale still isn't moving, but I know it will sooner or later. I'm really hoping to hit the -20 pound mark this week, (restarted February 1) but what will be will be. Eventually, I'll get there if I continue to make good choices.

Have a :D day, everyone!

SMSDREAMER2007
04-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Just a quick flyby. We were approved for the apartment! YAY! been soooo busy packing and getting things ready, we move in Friday and sign the lease tomorrow *YIKES!*plus homework i'm running round like a chicken with it's head cutoff. Weights gone up, I think its because of sodium and munchies and things. I have been over cals more times than I like to admit this week because of bieng out and about and eating fast food :\ I'm hoping a lot of it is cause of stress though because I gained 4 lbs overnight and it was not because of my sodium. Hopefully once we get moved in and are able to destress my weight will drop :\ Sorry I have been MIA and not able to do personals. I am gonna be MIA for a bit again cause we won't have internet right when we move in :( Keep up the good work all!

salsa chip
04-10-2012, 01:04 AM
Hello again everyone! :wave:

A happy and blessed Easter to all. From now on I'm resolved to check in here MUCH more often. How'm I going to do this without you all cheering me on? :cheer2:

Well things aren't going too well with me in general :?: I started a new job in September (teaching) and it's been SUCH a tough year so far. Really really really. The stress has made me ill, any thought (let alone action) of exercise went out the window, and my weight went right up. Just a few weeks ago I was waylaid by the flu. Nasty.

Anyway - when work's all stressful and my flat is a mess and all that...you control what you can, right? So today - as in just now - I went running :running:

It's a kind of c25k programme, I use podcasts on my ipod. Before I used Podrunner, but this time I wanted something different so I chose 5k101. It seems a bit more intense, but I figure if it's too much too soon, I'll switch to something easier. But I need to do SOMETHING!

Anyway, it was dark still and raining out, but that wasn't a problem. Early in the morning too, which is my preferred time. I'm so chuffed with myself :)

I hope you're all doing well. As time goes on I hope to do personals too; bit on the shy side is all :tape:

dgramie
04-10-2012, 07:47 AM
I havent been checking in enough..sorry
I went to the dr last week and she added in a water pill and told me to do 1200 calories a day for a month and see if i could lose. I am thrilled to report I have lost over 8lbs in a week. I know alot of it was water weight. But still that is weight my body was dragging around that it didnt need.
I think 1200 calories is a bit low for me but if it will help get me jump started to losing again its worth it!!

texscrapper
04-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Hi Salsa chip! Nice to meet you - WTG on the running :carrot:

dgrannie - AWESOME on the loss - even WW counts! By the way, what is a water pill - I don't think I've ever heard of that.

Yesterday was great for me. I spent the day doing absolutely nothing which is just what I needed after a LOOONNGGG work week last week :) Heading in today for a staff meeting, and then off for the rest of the week. I'm catching up on laundry and house cleaning, ad taking some time to do a few craft projects.

Hope you all have a fantastic day!

mahtha
04-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Good morning everyone :wave:

SMSDREAMER2007, Congrats on the new apartment. May you build lots of happy memories there.

salsa chip, Welcome back! Checking in here really makes a big difference for me. Good, bad or ugly I have to face it :) Congrats on the run. I'm finding it really had to get exercise into my routine. I get on a roll, then something blows it up and I have to drag myself kicking and screaming to start again. The ironic thing is that I really do enjoy it...

dgramie, Congrats on the BIG loss! That's got to be a great motivator to keep going.

texscrapper, I'm happy to hear you can take a little time for yourself after that crazy week you had!

I got home last night to find our long-awaited firewood delivery so I stacked almost a cord of wood before I made dinner. My back is reminding me this morning that this may not have been my brightest idea in a while.:o Oh well, the firepit is ready to go for the season and that makes me VERY happy since it's become a great gathering spot for everyone. Now to keep the wine consumption and s'mores in check...

thistoo
04-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Welcome back Salsa!

texscrapper, enjoy your vacation time. You have seriously earned it!

Sue, I hope your back isn't too sore! Wine and smores might be my favorite thing ever, so lucky I can't invite myself over to your place. ;) Though my sister is putting in a firepit along with her new pool. Perhaps wearing a bathing suit will help keep me out of the smores.

I weighed in at 194.6 this morning. I'm arbitrarily super excited to be closer to 190 than I am to 200. I'm fasting today, so hopefully tomorrow it will be down a little more. If I can make it solidly to 194, I'll have lost another 1.8 pounds this week. On top of last week's 4.5 pound loss that would be huge, but TOM is looming so I am all about maximizing my loss while I can.

This morning I did yoga and it was miserable, which means it's good for me. At lunch I'll go spend some quality time with the treadmill (possibly the elliptical if the treadmill at my tiny ghetto gym is still broken.) I still don't love running, but I'm doing it. Why is it that all the exercises that *work* for me are the ones I hate? What's up with that, universe?

konfyoozed
04-10-2012, 08:09 PM
hey all :)

i hope you all have been doing well! it's been a busy week here for me and the hubby with all of the holy week stuff we were participating in. church life. i never thought i'd like it, but i really do! anyway, i did my measurements yesterday and i wanted to share! this is a little chunk from my blog:

Start Measurements:
Weight: 272
Neck: 16
Bust: 51
Waist: 45
Belly button: 49.5
Hips: 54
R. Bicep: 15.5
R. Thigh: 29
R. Calf: 18.5

Week 1 Results:
Weight: ? <- not gonna weigh until May 1
Neck: 16
Bust: 50.5 (-0.5)
Waist: 44 (-1.0)
Belly button: 49 (-0.5)
Hips: 53 (-1.0)
R. Bicep: 16.5 (+1.0)
R. Thigh: 28 (-1.0)
R. Calf: 18.5 (0)

Overall 3 inches gone! :)

So, over the last week I lost more inches than I did in ALL OF MARCH (one inch). Interesting. Even if I measured at a different spot (like on my thigh) I would have had to move the tape much higher up into jiggly thigh region (almost to my groin area) to get the 29 again, and nowhere around my hips measured 54, so I know something's moving!

I have not eaten below 2300 calories all week. It would have been 4 inches, but apparently my biceps/triceps are getting buff from all that lifting :D

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-10-2012, 08:24 PM
BEVERLYJOY ~ don't blame you about the pie; I have one piece and DH eats as much as he can. At Christmas I sent pie home with the guests which they gratefully received and that helps me.

SMSDREAMER ~ congrats on the new place; I'd bet that 4 lbs was just water as it is nigh impossible to gain 4 lbs of fat overnight. It will be gone soon enuff.

SUE ~ plan some tasty but healthy dishes for when your DH returns this weekend; he doesn't have to know it's good for him ... ;) Oh dear, hope your back feels better soon.

Caroline ~ well, your down below 195; you are stilling losing pretty good, I think.

DGrammie ~ glad you found something that's working for you.

:wave: to everyone else too. And, to all those who indulged over the weeknd; that is all over now, this is a new week.

We had the rest of the Chicken with veggies on Sunday; Ham & Potato-veggie scallop (nps,.5 yam, carrots, onions, broccoli) on Monday. Tonight I had a chicken pattie with onions, beans & a salad. I have been a bit under my cals but not hungry since I changed things up a bit (adding in more protein and veggies).

We got lots done around here today since it was ***** heer today; but it has all melted and the :sunny: is shining right now. We did all the floors today; I whizzed and DH washed. How did I get him to do that -- I'm paying him; no kidding ... :lol:

Have a great OP week everyone ... :D

dgramie
04-11-2012, 08:17 AM
texs- the water pill is a diuretic to help rid my body of extra fluid my body wasnt flushing out on its own. Its a common addition for people who suffer from high blood pressure. Lots of blood pressure meds have it made in but the one I was on didnt. Wish I didnt have to take blood pressure meds but for now I do!!

texscrapper
04-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Dgrannie - I understand :) Hopefully you will be off those meds soon! DH takes HBP meds and we are hoping that some weight loss will allieviate his need for them as well.

Just want2B- I can not even imagine snow right now - we are seeing 80 degree days here - Hope you are enjoying the cold!

konfyoozed - I can understand the busy-ness of Holy Week! I also work for a church as the Director of Children's Ministry. Certain times of the year are crazy busy but it is an amazing job and I feel blessed every day that I get to minister to children!

thistoo - WTG on the losses! I laughed at your "I was miserable, so it was good for me" coment - I ofetn feel the say way when I am exercising!

mahtha - You'll have to find a "healthy" s'more's version :) Let us know if you come up with one!

As for me, I am having a pretty good week. I worked yesterday and did have a small piece of birthday cake, but it's ok. It was within my WW allowance so I'm good :)

I have been trying several different new foods - some with good results and some not so great. The good: Reduced fat Jimmy Dean sausage, tilapia, portabello mushrooms, granola, Hillshire Farms Grilled Essentials Chicken Breasts

The not so good (or I am not using it right :))
Wonton wrappers - No seasoning to me - I just may need to find a better way to cook them
Plain Greek Yogurt - YUCK! - I ate this last night with some granola and strawberries - It was so sour. I bought it for a recipe - I hope it works out ok though!
Eggplant - who was I kidding :dizzy:

So whatare some of your great "new to you" food finds, and what are some fails?

thistoo
04-11-2012, 09:47 AM
texscrapper, the exercise I enjoy never helps me lose weight. More's the pity. I figure the pain means I'm using muscles that need to be worked out, so I suffer through it.

Eggplant! I love eggplant. Unfortunately it is best fried, but I have learned to love it without the oil and bread crumbs. I have also learned to love Brussels sprouts. I still don't love mushrooms, though, so more power to you with trying new stuff.

I weighed in this morning at 193.4. 193.4, you guys. That is another 2.2 lb loss for the week. Somehow I have managed to lose nearly seven pounds in two weeks. That has never, ever happened before, even at the very beginning of a diet. And I haven't even been 100% perfect. TOM is looming so it's going to slow down, but I'm more motivated than ever to stay OP and get as close to 180 as I can before I leave for NYC.

Mainly because I want a cushion between me and 200, since I am going to go off plan while I'm on vacation and probably gain a couple pounds. Not that most noble motivation, but at least I'm being realistic. After I get back from New York I'll be right back on track and working to meet my birthday goal of 165.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone. It's cooled down some here, but it's sunny and beautiful, so I'll take it.

VickieLou
04-11-2012, 11:50 AM
I posted in pt 1 of this thread but need to post more often. I started exercising more at the gym and home. I count calories and need to do a better job with planning and better food choices. I got back up into the 250's recently. So now I'm in a hurry to get out of the 240's. I worked out with a personal trainer for six month's. But when I stopped, I started overeating and not exercising. I gained 20 Lbs back. I'm tired of gaining and losing the same pounds. My goal is to get into Onderland this year. I probably won't reach my goal weight of 140 this year. Good Luck, Everyone!

:kickbutt:

mahtha
04-11-2012, 01:36 PM
I weighed in this morning at 193.4. 193.4, you guys. That is another 2.2 lb loss for the week. Somehow I have managed to lose nearly seven pounds in two weeks. That has never, ever happened before, even at the very beginning of a diet. And I haven't even been 100% perfect. TOM is looming so it's going to slow down, but I'm more motivated than ever to stay OP and get as close to 180 as I can before I leave for NYC.

WOO HOO FOR YOU! You've worked really hard for this, be proud, sistah!

I'm still plugging along. Was hoping for a drop this week but managed to show a gain this morning despite being under points almost every day. I know it's not a real gain, but still discouraging. I feel crappy in general this week so the disappointment is magnified. I'm hoping I'm not getting the stomach bug D17 had earlier this week, but heck, that might help me lose a couple pounds :devil: I'm obsessed with hitting that 20 pound mark and I want it NOW. <sigh>

Slashnl
04-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Well, it has been awhile since I posted. Not much to say weight wise. I didn't weigh this week and I've been having to go into work early, so no workout. I'll get back to it tomorrow though.

Just really wanted to say hi to everyone. (Big shout out to Caroline!! Wow, you are doing great!)

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-11-2012, 05:13 PM
CONGRATS, MANDY ~ I missed your post becuz we posted so close together. Wow, that's a big difference already; gotta love those NSV's for sure. Keep up the good work; and musculs are good ... ;)

TEXSCRAPPER ~ I think you have to add sweetener to that greek yogurt to make it taste better. Kaplods adds chocolate instant pudding mix to hers; and chills it for a cheesecake type thing. You can try sugar-free jello or fruit drink granules too. I never have liked eggplant; tried it once, and was grossed out by it's mushy, glue-like gelanous properties, or was that the okra? I didn't like either; overcooked maybe ... :lol:

Congrats, CAROLINE ~ well, it's workin' for ya, and that's what matters most.

Well, the snow melted, but it is still a bit cool here. Tonight, we are having a pasta dish -- DH loves the creamy mac one with mushroom sauce & veggies; sounds like a plan ... yum!

:wave: to Diane, Sue, Dgrammie, VickieLou, BeverlyJoy, and everyone else too: keep on, keepin' on ladies ... :D

Beverlyjoy
04-11-2012, 07:02 PM
It's been a busy couple of days! My son & DIL had a a baby on Monday... A wonderful healthy girl. I am so excited and grateful. My eating was off... but, now it's on.

Food is much better today. Saturday we are going to visit my son, dil, gs and new gd. I can't wait to see them all. Monday morning, I will fly to California to be with my sister for eight days. When I get home, then I am going back to my son's house to 'help' with the new baby. DIL's mom is in town she can help first. My son is taking two weeks off from work to be at home with the new baby.

As it turns out - it will be over two weeks away from home & out of my food 'comfort zone'. That will be a challenge for sure. I just changed my flight meal to low calorie - because who know's what it would be otherwise. Credit! I am going to send my sister a list of a few things that I like to have around for eating. Credit. I have thought about my food plan and how I can adapt it to being away. All this being said and done... depends on my willingness to do what needs to be done. I can come home with more weight, less or the same. It's up to me. I am scared, kind of. I'll take my Beck 'stuff' & journal with me.

Life seems so busy - good busy, though.

heathermichigan
04-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Hey all. I sort of disappeared...vacation and then Easter threw me off plan and I haven't gotten up the guts to get on the scale. But tomorrow morning I will. I'm back on plan today and have tried hard to get my water in. My weight is the same whether I'm aware of it or not, so I may as well be aware and use that as motivation to work out and eat well.

I can't remember who posted about Greek yogurt, but I only get the plain one and eat it with about 3/4 c. defrosted frozen berries and 2 packets of Splenda.

thistoo
04-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Thanks, everyone! I am back up to 194.2 today, as per usual, but that's fine. That '3' sure was pretty while it lasted! I'll follow my usual routine of spending most of the week getting back down to my low weight, then maybe drop a little more in the eleventh hour. Or TOM will start and I won't lose anything this week! But that just means a bigger loss once it's over. Maybe.

I'm still plugging along. Was hoping for a drop this week but managed to show a gain this morning despite being under points almost every day. I know it's not a real gain, but still discouraging. I feel crappy in general this week so the disappointment is magnified. I'm hoping I'm not getting the stomach bug D17 had earlier this week, but heck, that might help me lose a couple pounds :devil: I'm obsessed with hitting that 20 pound mark and I want it NOW. <sigh>

Sue, sorry about the disappointing weigh-in. I think we can all relate to that kind of frustration. I was really obsessed with the 20 pound mark too, so I will be over here cheering you on. :cheer2:

Just really wanted to say hi to everyone.

Hi Diane! I find checking in here, even when nothing's going on, helps keep me focused, so I'm glad you stopped by. :)

Well, the snow melted, but it is still a bit cool here. Tonight, we are having a pasta dish -- DH loves the creamy mac one with mushroom sauce & veggies; sounds like a plan ... yum!

Mmm...pasta. I miss pasta. Then I remember how it makes me feel after I eat it and I don't miss it so much anymore. Stupid gluten. I hope your dinner was as delicious as it sounds! And that the snow is gone for good. We are having freeze warnings at night right now after weeks of 80+ degree days. It's really weird.

My son & DIL had a a baby on Monday... A wonderful healthy girl.

Congratulations! That's so fantastic. And it sounds like you have a lot of excitement in your near future. It's good that you're starting to plan already. You'll get through it! Just remember to enjoy yourself, though with a new granddaughter, I'm sure you will. :)

Hey all. I sort of disappeared...vacation and then Easter threw me off plan and I haven't gotten up the guts to get on the scale. But tomorrow morning I will. I'm back on plan today and have tried hard to get my water in. My weight is the same whether I'm aware of it or not, so I may as well be aware and use that as motivation to work out and eat well.

It's so hard to drag ourselves back on plan after disruptions like that, as we all know. Good to see you back! I hope the weigh-in wasn't as disastrous as you feared. But if it was, you know what to do. We'll all be here cheering you on!

:cheer:

Okay, that's (more than) enough out of Susie Sunshine. I'm actually not even in a good mood today. I'm just good at faking it on the internet. ;) Have a nice Thursday, everyone. Only one more day to the weekend!

salsa chip
04-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Hi everyone, Salsa checking in here.

Having a hard time :( My work is so stressful that even thinking about going in the next day leaves me feeling like I'm crippled - I know that sounds stupid, sorry. But it just seems to paralyse me and I'm left not being able to do anything all day.

I didn't go for a run this morning, but I figured that I could use today as a day off. I ran on Tuesday, and then on Wednesday I cycled to work and back, so tomorrow I'll get back out there (nice n early) with my ipod :)

In food news - I'm thinking about blending fruit and veg to make juices/smoothies to have at breakfast time. Do any of you have any experience with this?

Arctic Mama
04-12-2012, 07:26 PM
I'm sorry you're having a hard time, Salsa!

I am a breakfast skipper/intermittent faster, and that helps me stay on plan much better, so smoothies wouldn't be great for me. Nothing wrong with trying them, though, especially if to add whey protein to them or coconut milk.

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-12-2012, 09:46 PM
SALSA ~ yes, I've made them with milk, a banana, and frozen strawberries &/ blueberries, with vanilla whey protein powder. Once I even added a bit of cucumber; didn't even know it was there -- the fruit covers it. I also added a tsp of berry metamucil for fiber which added to the flavor; but it makes it thick & bubbly & filling.

Sorry, your work is that stressful; it's a tough time to change jobs too. Maybe some yoga and meditations could help you rejuvenate in between work days.

CAROLINE ~ I'm glad gluten doesn't bother me; the only thing I have to watch is ice cream (lactose intolerant), which I have subbed with yogurt ice cream but I haven't even had any of that since last year sometime. If I eat cheeze in small portions, I'm OK.

BEVERLYJOY ~ congrats on the new grandbaby; boy, you are gonna be busy for sure. All that planning ahead should help a lot; hope you have a nice trip!

We had :sunny: all day today, so we went shopping; perfect day for it. Temps were around 50 F; not too bad. More of the same is expected for tomorrow -- yeah! Hope you all have a Fabulous Friday ... :flow2:

mahtha
04-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Good morning everyone! :wave:

Congratulations Beverlyjoy, that's such exciting news!

Heather, welcome back! We all fall down and get back up. Don't be a stranger during those times you're down - we're here to help pick you back up if you need it.

Salsa, I feel your pain. I had a job like that a couple of years ago and it was incredible how it affected my life, my relationships, and especially my health. :hug: to you and hopes that things turn around soon. Can you escape for a little while each day to go for a walk? Cranking some tunes and clearing my head was the only thing that kept me sane during the workday.

Caroline, congratulations, you're doing so well! I really admire how you've plowed through the challenging days to keep getting those great results. :cheer:

Justwant2Bhealthy, that pasta dish sounds yummy, will you share the recipe?

Slashnl, it's nice to see you!

texscrapper, I have to admit I don't know what the fuss is about the greek yogurt rage, I think it's the most vile stuff I've ever tasted! My kids love it, so every once in a while I take a bite thinking my taste buds will come around. Nope, it's still a sour gloppy mess! Eggplant on the other hand, yummmmmmmm!

dgramie, here's to hoping those blood pressure meds will be a thing of the past soon. My BP dropped pretty significantly once I cleaned up my diet.

Mandy, Congratulations on those inches lost, that's really a big acomplishment.

I've really struggled with eating enough this week. I haven't felt well all week and have been consistently under points each day (some days by a LOT) and still no movement on the scale. I wish I knew what the secret formula was to all of this.

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-13-2012, 02:19 PM
SUE ~ No problem: it's a very easy family recipe (my mom's called CREAMY MAC). We called it that becuz for our large family, we used elbow macaroni & more meat, but now we use different kinds like rotini (cork screw), or even fetticini sometimes too.

While pasta of choice is cooking, brown 1 lb lean hamburger; drain fat. Add a chopped onion + garlic powder & black pepper (I just use 1 tsp each) + 1 tbl onion or beef soup base + 1/2 cup water + any veggie that you want to add (chopped mushrooms or frozen peas, carrots, or corn). Just cook until onions are tender, and add one can of cream of mushroom soup & 1/2 cup water (if you like more sauce, use more). Stir in well, and simmer, covered until bubbly & hot; serve sauce mixed in with, or over the pasta. I don't add salt, but you can season this to taste. Makes enough for 4 servings.

Seems lots of people here like eggplant; maybe I should give it another try, as I am always looking for new veggies ... I didn't make it the last time; a friend made it in a sort of a mixed veggie hash with tomatoes (zucchini, eggplant, okra, spinach, tomatoes, onions, & garlic stir-fry). I suspect it was the okra that ruined it for me, so might try the eggplant fried with tomato sauce & mozza on top like someone I know suggested.

mahtha
04-13-2012, 02:40 PM
SUE ~ No problem: it's a very easy family recipe.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. I'll definitely try this, thanks for sharing!

Slashnl
04-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Hi everyone, Salsa checking in here.

Having a hard time :( My work is so stressful that even thinking about going in the next day leaves me feeling like I'm crippled - I know that sounds stupid, sorry. But it just seems to paralyse me and I'm left not being able to do anything all day.

Oh Salsa, I get this all too well. My job situation last year is what made me a regainer. I totally get the feeling of being crippled by it. You just can't get over it long enough to live your life. I'm so sorry!

Okay, that's (more than) enough out of Susie Sunshine. I'm actually not even in a good mood today. I'm just good at faking it on the internet. ;) Have a nice Thursday, everyone. Only one more day to the weekend!

But we LOVE Susie Sunshine!!! :D

It's been a busy couple of days! My son & DIL had a a baby on Monday... A wonderful healthy girl. I am so excited and grateful.

That's so exciting!!!! So happy for you!

I've really struggled with eating enough this week. I haven't felt well all week and have been consistently under points each day (some days by a LOT) and still no movement on the scale. I wish I knew what the secret formula was to all of this.

Hang in there mahtha! It is frustrating, I know!

Had a week of no workouts, but I'm ok. It couldn't be avoided, but I'll be back at it again next week. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-13-2012, 03:45 PM
RE: CREAMY MAC RECIPE (above) ~ I was thinking that for those that are doing lower carb, that you could put the mushroom sauce over sauteed, shredded cabbage, or zucchini strips. I love to have green beans sometimes for some of the pasta too. :D

SUE ~ DH said it again: Mmmmmm, I love this! So, I asked if that was a hint, and he said yes; so I promised that I would make it every other week (or twice a month for him). Usually, I vary the pasta meals each week (on Wednesdays), but we'll just have the spagetti & meatballs one week in between, and on the fourth week have the penne with the bacon-sweet pepper-cheezy-tomato sauce. ;)

Beverlyjoy
04-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Hi! Thanks to folks for your nice good wishes at the birth of my granddaughter. We will drive there tomorrow to meet her. Then drive back for me to catch a flight to LA where I'll be with my sister for 8 days helping her... she had a surgery. Then, I"ll be back home and then go back to where my son/dil/gs/&gd live. Lots of running around. Whewww

I've packed my Beck book and have my cards for reading. I ordered a low calorie meal for the plane. (I didn't even think they fed folks anymore)

It's going to be a busy next two weeks.

I need to be careful and thinking about making wise choices. I will plan the best I can.

I will have to use other people's computers while I am gone. I hope I can check in everyday.

Thanks again, folks.

thistoo
04-15-2012, 09:57 AM
I have to admit I don't know what the fuss is about the greek yogurt rage, I think it's the most vile stuff I've ever tasted!

Fact is, when I started eating paleo and gave up dairy, my first thought was, "Oh, thank God, an excuse never to eat Greek yogurt again." My coworkers are all big fans and they just CANNOT understand why I don't love it. (Um, because it's gross?)

So I haven't checked in for a few days. I haven't fallen off the wagon or anything, but it's been a weird week and I've been struggling some. I'm sure it's mostly that TOM is due in a few days, so I'm hormonal. I'm really trying not to let it get the best of me.

Yesterday I went dress shopping, which was maybe not the smartest move when I'm already feeling moody, but either way it was a reminder of just how far I still have to go. I've been doing really well and I was feeling good about my progress -- I still am, don't misunderstand -- but looking at myself in those #%!@ dressing room mirrors reminded me of how much weight I put back on and how far I have to go before shopping is fun again.

I haven't done it in so long that I still remember *liking* to shop, you know? Trying on dresses at this weight is just frustrating, because my top is a M-L, but I'm still a solid XL on the bottom, so nothing fits right.

My weight has been kind of all over the place this week, which isn't really helping that much. Yesterday I was all the way down to 192.6! This morning I am back up to 194. And that's fine, I am used to fluctuations. I'm just trying not to obsess about the number until after TOM is over and things get back to normal.

Anyway, I hope you're all hanging in there. I've been trying to keep up with posts, but for some reason when I think about responding I just get exhausted and wander off. I'm trying to be better.

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-15-2012, 08:37 PM
:wave: Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Food has been good this week; happy about that. We filled up the small birdies feeders with seed to use it up and give them something for when they have their babies. We had to chase away some young rock doves though -- so sneaky, hanging in the trees and knocking it out for their friends. I swear, they are becoming acrobats ... ;)

The temps have been steady in the 50's F for most of this week; but they are predicting they will plummet for the next few days, and we may get some more ***** ... eeks, so we will have to bundle up again. :brr: And, I just started wearing my spring coat too!

Thursday: had leftovers & a salad for dinner.
Friday: chicken breast tenders, corn, and salad.
Lazy Saturday: soup + pastrami/chz sandwich.
Sunday: fish + sliced tomatoes and salad.

I have some healthy banana loaves in the oven right now for DH's snacks for the week; good way to use up very ripe bananas, and he loves it. Will put some in the freezer for later on too; but I have to nab them quickly or he'll eat them all up before I get them in there.

CAROLINE ~ that's so true about the clothes shopping; there's nothing like trying on clothes to make you realize that you have a long way to go yet (at least, I do) ... ;) Oh well, I'll just make my present clothes last a little bit longer. :lol:

Hope you all have a wonderful OP week coming up, ladies ... :flow2:

texscrapper
04-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Hi everyone - what a week!

I fell off the wagon this week - I don't think I did too bad - pobably ok to maintain my weight, but I am not counting on a loss. Hubby boiled crawfish and shrimp for us on Thursday. That was fine, but the weekend has been my undoing. I should have been drinking massive amounts of water to flush out all the sodium from the crawfish boil, but I didn't. Then we went out to eat a few times. I ordered better than my old self,and i stopped when full, BUT ..... no tracking, no measuring, not enough water :dizzy:

Anyway, I'm back to tracking tomorrow. Hoping that WI is not too bad tomorrow as well.

Hope all of you are hanging in there!

Slashnl
04-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Well, I haven't weighed myself for a few weeks, but I got on today and it was down 7. That was good. I needed that! If I hadn't lost anything, I know I would have been very discouraged. I had a really rough weekend, so I am not strong enough today to handle anything but a weight loss!!! ha!

Hope to have a good week! And I hope everyone else does too!

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-16-2012, 04:09 PM
DIANE ~ That's good? 7 lbs gone forever -- that's fantastic! That's one reason why I prefer to spread out my weigh-ins too. Congrats to you ... :cheer3:

Texscrapper ~ that's right, just get right back up on that wagon, and continue on even if you hold a little water weight; that will eventually come back off anyways ... :D

:snowglo: Ya, we got that ***** storm overnight -- woke up to a winter wonderland out there -- so DH and I put up the new aluminum blinds in the kitchen this AM. They look great. Now, just 2 to go and we're all done.

Have a great day everyone ... :coolsnow:

dgramie
04-17-2012, 07:55 AM
just a quick fly by to say hello!!

texscrapper
04-17-2012, 09:23 AM
Thanks Justwant2be - I know there will be weekends (or weeks) where I am off - that's life. I just need to remember that I have to stick with it.

On a positive note, WI was today and I am down another 2.2 pounds :carrot:

thistoo
04-17-2012, 10:35 AM
Hey guys. Diane, congratulations on the 7 pounds! That's fantastic.

I am hanging on by my fingernails at the moment. Work is crazy, my diet hasn't been great, and I didn't make myself work out yesterday. I just wish TOM would start so I could stop bursting into tears at the drop of a hat. It's really inconvenient.

My weight is up like 3 pounds, which I hope is TOM-related, but I haven't been that great about my diet so who knows. Either way I'm frustrated. And hungry. I'm fasting today and I will go to the gym at lunch and run on the treadmill, even though I don't want to.

I hope you're all doing better than I am!

lostangel05
04-17-2012, 11:42 AM
199.8 this morning! Back into Onderland!

Slashnl
04-17-2012, 01:03 PM

Awesome! Great Job!!!

I am hanging on by my fingernails at the moment. Work is crazy, my diet hasn't been great, and I didn't make myself work out yesterday. I just wish TOM would start so I could stop bursting into tears at the drop of a hat. It's really inconvenient.

Aw... hang in there. I wish I didn't understand the tears issue. But I'm there with you!

On a positive note, WI was today and I am down another 2.2 pounds :carrot:

That's great!

just a quick fly by to say hello!!

Glad you flew by! Hi!

Ya, we got that ***** storm overnight -- woke up to a winter wonderland out there

You handle snow way better than I do. It makes me really grumpy.

Not much to say today. Just surviving the day..... ugh.

mahtha
04-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Hey everyone :wave:
Still OP, still no loss, still frustrated. I wish I could identify what the heck the problem is becuase I'm really starting to lose motivation here.

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-17-2012, 02:30 PM

LOSTANGEL ~ :bravo: Congrats to you; what a marvellous milestone!!!

TEXSCRAPP[ER ~ now, you see -- often when we think we've done terrible, the scale decides to surprise us: yeah -- 2 + lbs gone forever!!! :carrot:

SUE ~ are you keeping track of other NSV's like inches & sizes? What kind of plan are you doing? Kinds of foods? Exercise? Work? May help us to give you some tips?

This winter, I upped my protein & veggies; and started cycling my daily calories (1800; 1600; 1700; 1500; 1750, etc) -- I really think that helped get things moving downwards again. I lost 2-3 lbs per month; while that is slower than some people, that's great for me. Since I started out higher than many losers here, I have hit more plateaus too; so finding helpful strategies is important for me.

:wave: DGrammie & everyone else too ... still a bit more ***** this AM, but the :sunny: is shining brightly now.

TIP of the Week ~ do one maintenance day each week to change things up a bit, i.e. 1800-2000 calories.

mahtha
04-17-2012, 05:06 PM
SUE ~ [/B] are you keeping track of other NSV's like inches & sizes? What kind of plan are you doing? Kinds of foods? Exercise? Work? May help us to give you some tips?

I'm following Weight Watchers Points Plus and trying to keep pretty low-carb since I have a hard time with carbs and portion control. I'm keeping to 27 points a day and with rare exception not using activity points or weeklies. (For a few weeks I was struggling to eat enough points per day and didn't lose.) I've tried high, low, and cycling points with no change in results.

Breakfast is usually a hard boiled egg or yogurt, fruit and 2 cups of coffee with milk. Lunch is a salad (veggies only) with grilled chicken and low-fat ranch dressing or turkey/pita/lettuce/mustard. Snack is either snow peas, pea pods, or fruit, once in a great while microwave popcorn or a granola bar. Dinner is veggie-heavy with grilled chicken, steak, shrimp, chicken sausage or a stir fry with similar ingredients. Some nights include a starch, most do not. Twice a month or so I'll have pizza or pasta and I'd say I average 4- 6 glasses of wine per month but I'm completely anal about counting every point I eat or drink and I measure, measure, measure. I plan my week on a spreadsheet trying to be sure every day I'm at budget and nutritionally balanced. I also log as I eat/drink on my phone app. If schedules change during the day and I find I'm low on points after dinner I eat a pudding cup or a skinny cow ice cream sandwich - all pre-portioned.

Consistent exercise has been a struggle, but I've been doing a lot of yard work, painting (ie 5 hours of squats on Saturday painting my deck). I do walk at least 3 days a week for 40 minutes or so. Prior to Feb 1 I was doing zero.

I drink 8-10 glasses of water M-F, less on the weekends because with errands and such there's not always a ladies room handy...

My clothes are looser but I haven't dropped a full size yet. I didn't measure before I started.

I'm really at a loss here. Last night I seriously considered saying f it and going back to my old ways, which was the first time I've felt his way since I restarted February 1. (FTR I didn't, I stayed OP)

Clearly patience is NOT my strong suit. I appreciate everyone's support.

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-17-2012, 06:34 PM
SUE ~ do you think that you are eating at least 1200 calories a day? I did a rough tally and even though I don't know the exact amounts, seems a bit low to me (like under 1200). Have you tried eating more? Like 1500 calories a day or the points for that equivalent? Just wondering ...

You could just be in a plateau, which will require patience, but sometimes upping your calories for one day, may help a bit. When was the last time you lost any weight?

mahtha
04-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Rosebud, since the WW formula is proprietary, I'm honestly not sure! I've heard people say a point calculates to 35 or 40 calories so at fewer than 30/day I'm probably not reaching 1200 calories. It's been more than 3 weeks since I've lost anything. Big picture that's not a long time, but it sure feels like eternity when I have been so careful.

texscrapper
04-18-2012, 01:04 AM
Sue - Are you really only at 27 pts per day? I know that I am a good bit heavier than you, but at 5'4 and 296 I get 44 points per day. do not exercise and I still manage to lose each week.

Not sure of your other stats, but I used this free Points Plus calculator - it was within 1 point of my correct daily allowance (http://www.exercise4weightloss.com/points-plus-allowance.html) and it looks like you are undershooting your daily point values. (I plugged in your height that is listed at 5'7, and current weight listed at 207 lbs. I guessed an age - I put 35 years old - not sure how close that is!) It gave a daily Points Plus value o 33. If this is the case, that could be why you aren't losing.

Just trying to offer some suggestions!

thistoo
04-18-2012, 07:43 AM
Sue, I'm with everyone else. I know it's scary, but try upping your points/calories for a couple weeks and see what happens. Maybe don't weigh yourself during that time so if there's a slight bounce up it won't freak you out. You're not going to gain if you up your calories by a couple hundred, and it might be just what you need to get things moving again.

You can do this! I know how frustrating it is to figure out exactly the right balance, especially when you're being really strict and nothing's happening. Your clothes being looser means *something* is working, though (probably the walking is helping tone you) so maybe if you up your calories your body will realize it's okay to let go of more weight.

Maybe add some nuts to your snack, if you can eat them? An ounce of almonds is packed with nutrition and gives you a good calorie punch without adding a ton of extra food. I eat walnuts and raisins as my mid-morning snack, and sometimes almonds in the afternoon. Since you're not avoiding dairy you could add an ounce of good quality cheese as well, or maybe more yogurt. I'm not a big fan of dairy, but I know it doesn't bother everyone.

I'm still hanging in there, weight still way up. I fasted yesterday but still managed to take in nearly 1200 calories for the day, which I'm not supposed to do. Oh, well. PMS makes me ravenous, but as soon as $#%! TOM starts my appetite will settle down. I hope that happens today. I cant taking feeling like this much longer.

texscrapper
04-18-2012, 08:36 AM
:hug::hug::hug: thistoo:hug::hug::hug: Hope that today goes better for you.

Gearing up for another looonng work week/weekend. Itseems like the activities and projects never stop!

mahtha
04-18-2012, 10:38 AM
texscrapper, I can officially have 29 points per day but had found a comfort level at around 27. (I'm 50 years old ;))

Caroline, you and Rosebud may be right as much as it freaks me out. I've upped calories/points for a few days at a time to try to jump start things, but I've never done it for weeks.

It's so strange that too little or too much produces exactly the same results - mathmatically how can that be?????

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your feedback and support. I'm finally not too sore today so back to walking on my lunch hour. I know those hills are gonna kick my butt after all those "squats" over the weekend.

thistoo
04-18-2012, 11:17 AM
It's so strange that too little or too much produces exactly the same results - mathmatically how can that be?????

I have to bite my tongue every time I see someone around here touting that it's all just 'calories in vs. calories out' in the end. I know for a lot of people the math works, and that's great. But there are plenty of us for whom it does not work, and it's harder for us to figure out what does.

I shouldn't gain weight at 1800 calories a day, but if some of those calories are from grains, you can bet I'll put on weight, and it's not going to be just 'water'. My body is defective, and I just have to live with that fact and work with it. I know there are many people on these boards that think I'm just delusional and not counting my calories right, but I know what works for me.

You'll figure out what works for you too.

mahtha
04-18-2012, 12:31 PM
I shouldn't gain weight at 1800 calories a day, but if some of those calories are from grains, you can bet I'll put on weight, and it's not going to be just 'water'.

Caroline, I think this may be a big part of my struggle. I was eating very few carbs at the beginning but ended up adding more back because I wasn't coming anywhere near my points target each day.

So... for a full week I will up my points/calories. The following week I will cut WAY back on carbs again and see what happens.

I just love this group :hug:

mahtha
04-18-2012, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=Justwant2Bhealthy;4297815]SUE ~ do you think that you are eating at least 1200 calories a day? I did a rough tally and even though I don't know the exact amounts, seems a bit low to me (like under 1200). Have you tried eating more? Like 1500 calories a day or the points for that equivalent? Just wondering ... [QUOTE]

Rosebud, your question made me think, so I translated my food journal from points to calories for the past 7 days. I ranged from a low of 857 calories to a high of 1453 with an average of 1258/day. My points ranged from 22 to 32 with an average of 28.4. According to this, for me a point is "worth" about 44calories.

My calorie target should be 1200-1550/day. According to all of this, with the exception my my really low day I'm right on target for calories, carbs, fat, protein, sodium, etc.

I'm going to continue to track both ways for a while and see what I can learn. In the meantime I just have to keep on keeping on.

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-18-2012, 08:50 PM
SUE ~ I like Caroline's idea of just upping some really lean proteins, if upping scares you. I was wondering if 1200-1500 would be better, even 1200-1400 might work fine, if you want to go lighter. Let us know how it goes for you over the next week.

We still have snow here, although it has been melting; but they are predicting more for tomorrow. Guess we had a really false-spring after all. Eating is going well this week; happy about that ...

Sunday: fish, corn, salad, sliced tomatoes.
Monday: shepherd's pie, green beans.
Tuesday: chicken pattie & mushroom medley, sliced tomato, salad.
Wednesday: tomato-patties/corn + green beans/small new potato.

Breakfasts: eggwich (2dys); bagel & pb; scamble egg & tst; .5 oranges.

Lunches: salmon sandwich & soup (2dys); veggie pita pizza; ham & chz sandwich & soup (1 day).

Snacks: carrots, apples, sc/pb or chz, UNsalted almonds, yogurt, brd/pb to bring calories up, tea.

mahtha
04-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Good morning everyone :wave:

I finished yesterday at 26 points and 1484 calories. I planned a stir-fry for dinner last night so I had to add in some snacks late in the day to get to my targets or I would have stopped at closer to 20 and 954 (and been perfectly satisfied.) I have a dinner date tonight and I'm not sure where we're going yet so I can't imagine it will be difficult to eat enough today :)

yesterday:

coffee/milk
blackberries

salad
grilled chicken
low fat ranch
cheese stick

apple
peanut butter

chicken stir fry
rice
chicken and veggie potstickers

Weather is sunny and 60-ish today with (much needed) rain forecast for the next 5 days or so. I MUST get a long walk in today because it looks like it will be a while before I can be outside walking for a while.

Have a great day, everyone.

Slashnl
04-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Hi everyone. Not much to report, just saying hi! Have a good day!

mahtha
04-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Good morning,everyone!:wave:

I finished yesterday at 32 points and 1550 calories. I burned 300+ calories walking and drank 8 glasses of water.

coffee/milk
blackberries
hb egg

salad
grilled chicken
low fat ranch

apple
cheese stick

roast chicken
baked potato/butter
broccoli
salad
wine
bread/butter

Despite making good choices for dinner (aside from the bread and butter) I was amazed at how quickly the calories/points added up going out to eat. I looked over the menu a couple of times and picked the lesser of the evils. I started out hungry and should have grabbed a veggie snack when I got home rather than waiting for dinner.

It's a busy weekend with houseguests again, but at least I can control the food. I'll really need to keep an eye on the wine/snacking social part of the weekend activites as those add up really quickly.

Have a great Friday, everyone. I hope to hear some sucess stories when everyone has a chance to check in.

Justwant2Bhealthy
04-20-2012, 03:52 PM
:wave: Well, I spent most of yesterday doing PC stuff, backing up files; and cleaning off old disks with stuff that is totally obsolete. By the time I was done, I had over 15 empty disks to use for backups -- so don't have to buy any after all ... yeah! Saved some $money$ and that's a good thing. ;)

I felt a bit hungry yesterday, so ate a bit more; but I still had a good maintenance day for this week (it's better than being over). Back on track for today; not so hungry, so it must have helped. Hung laundry out today as we had a bit of :sunny:. Supposed to get some more all weekend; hope so.

Have a wonderful OP and enjoyable weekend, everyone ... :flow2:

2thinme
04-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Hey everyone,
Mind if I jump on board. I was browsing thru when I found this thread and I am so in need of starting over again. I had been doing WW when I hurt my back last year,quit smoking
and have just had surgery. I have now hit an all time high :(
I am just going to count calories this time I think.
Whats working best for u guys? Anyone ever change up from WW to CC?