Old 03-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Way to go Muggles!!! We're going to NYC in April and I'd like to say the same.

BevJoy...your menu looks yummy! And congrats on the OP day! All you have is today and you nailed it! Yay you!!

Salsa...sounds like a good plan. My husband and I sit down every Sunday with our recipe book (it's an enormous 3 ring binder with our favs) and a computer (maybe something new to print) and write out our dinner menus for the week based on what we're in the mood for and if it has to be quick because of evening activities, etc...I do lots of crock pot stuff which is easy and awesome and gives me lunch left overs too. Some days I don't have the energy to think! I know how it is. Then we make our shopping list based on what we need for each recipe. I take the recipes out of the book and put them on a clipped magnet on the side of the fridge (hidden 'cuz I don't like clutter...LOL ). We do this every week and it keeps us both on plan. Maybe try some healthy crock put stuff to make it easier for you? Keep us posted!!
kmac1196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #17  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

KRISTEN ~ that's a great idea. I have a set weekly menu, but I just vary the meals each week a bit so we don't get too bored with it, i.e. Wed is pasta day, but we vary the pasta dish each week.

MUGGLES ~ good for you; road-trips are a big test for many people and you did well.

BEVERLYJOY ~ back to eating on plan (more regular food) and doing well; that's great!

SALSA ~ that's actually a good strategy (to keep it simple); if it works for ya -- do it! That's what matter most ... It works for us.

HEATHER ~ that's great that you ate well all week; it will work out in the end. Hope you feel better soon ...

We've had absolutely gorgeous weather here (+19 C or about 68 F); felt like summer out there but was a tad humid, but we spent some time outside anyways inspecting our gardens, etc.

Ate well this weekend too: been drinking more tea to help cravings, and that helped a lot; and changed up my snacks & dinner just a bit and that seemed to help too. Last night, I had chicken patties & onions with a salad (kinda like hamburger steak only patties made of chicken instead). Tonight, I had fish, corn, and a mixed salad.

I had chz & toast for breakfast yesterday & veggie pita pizza for lunch; today, med wg bagel & pb for BF, and egg salad sandwich for lunch. SNX: fruit (orange, strawberries, banana, apple), chz slice, turkey pepperettes, and 100-calorie popcorn this afternoon.

Have a super-duper Sunday everyone ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #18  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

warm weather here in SC too. up in the low 80s and sunny for most of the day!

tax checks came in, so first thing i did was order my heart rate monitor so i can get going with the accurate exercising! also took an idea that a couple folks' on this site have mentioned and ordered myself a pandora-esque bracelet and charms to go on it. one charm for every 10 pounds. they are about $10 apiece, and that means 1 dollar per pound. i can make that work! (especially if i order them off of amazon.com and get free shipping on 3+) so i got my bracelet with 3 beads and will keep working toward adding new ones.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #19  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone
A major NSV for me today: I spent the day prom dress shopping and neither ate nor drank myself into oblivion once I escaped!

An OP weekend so far though crazy busy. Right now there are a dozen 17 and 18 year olds downstairs celebrating a birthday. The cat and I are hiding upstairs . The warm weather will get here early in the week, I'm looking forward to firing up the grill and cooking some summer favorites mid-March.

I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend.
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #20  

What is an NSV?
Muggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #21  

I did it. I rejoined the local gym. Last time I joined with my mom and sister but when they drifted away from it, so did I. This time I joined with my kids. My daughter is going to go with me 3 days a week and my younger son is going with me twice a week. I'm hoping to also go a few days a week while they are at school. They are going for the weights so if I can do my cardio in the morning, then I can weight train with them in the evening. Dream big!
Muggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:21 PM   #22  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

NSV = non scale victory

also: yay for going to the gym! i love it... but i'm going to be sad when i don't have this super small campus gym that's almost always empty.

Last edited by konfyoozed; 03-17-2012 at 09:22 PM.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:47 AM   #23  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Hey all. Left at 7:10 this AM to meet my boyfriend at the farmers market to buy him some good stuff (he is knew to the no-eating-processed-food thing, 33 and literally can't cook. i know i know, i'm working on it ), then we went to the store and finished his grocery shopping, after that it was on to the pet store to get his newfoundland some yummy orhganic food. Finally we got lunch at a chicken teriyaki place (I had sushi, the healthiest alternative!) and saw a movie (21 jump street is AWESOME BTW) then I went to ulta for a friend and picked up her lipstick. Got home at exactly 9 pm and just finished homework. I am EXHAUSTED and am heading to bed. I was completely on plan today balanced my two high days out nicely this week. Average is 1310 cals a day and my limit is 1440. Hopefully the scale loves me this week. I d love to see 243.3 or 242 but we shall see! right, off to bed for me. Just wanted to check in before I passed out will do personals when I get a chance (maybe not tomorrow, will be at old navy with a friend for part of the day and that old navy store is 2 hrs from me (yikes!)
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #24  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone! Sounds like everyone is having a great weekend!!!

Wow.. I was just looking at those befit in 90 videos.. crap I couldn't make it 2 minutes into the warmup video or video 1 or what ever it is..lol

I didn't have the greatest day yesterday, but today is a new day and it has been pretty good
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #25  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

I don't get the time to pop on in here very often but I'm so glad to see this subgroup is still going strong. It's great to know I'm not alone in the whole relosing thing.

I'm doing okay staying on plan and losing the weight I regained. So far so good. But I frequently have days where I am just soooooo pissed off at myself for regaining this stupid weight. I could just kick myself. Why why why did I let this happen. Blah blah blah. Whine whine whine.

Sorry, i just had to vent. I'm sure I'm not alone in this remorse and self recrimination. I'm just hoping by the time I get back down to my previous low weight I have at least a sliver of a clue about how to keep it from ever happening again.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #26  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Happy Monday, everyone!

It's a beautiful day here and it's supposed to get better and better as the week goes on. I think I feel a cold coming on.

I'm thrilled to see everyone staying on track and checking in.

Did another college visit yesterday including lunch out. I spent a a lot of points on one meal, but it was really good and I had planned for it so I had them to spend. I'm so determined to stay OP. I know I have a long road ahead of me and I'm not willing to slow down my progress with any of those little detours. As slowly as I'm going it doesn't seem my initial goal of 50 pounds by late August is realistic anymore, but let's see how close I can get. Anything is better than nothing.

Last edited by mahtha; 03-19-2012 at 10:55 AM.
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #27  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Happy Monday everyone!

So far today is on plan, I'm trying hard to not stress eat! I have a phone conference with my oldest's school today. He wanted to go back to public school so he did, now its just one problem after another. I want to pull him back out and homeschool him but at the same time I know he and I butt heads too much and that isn't good for us either. I'm already stressing about what they are going to complain about this time. They always seem to try to put whatever is going on with the kid and their grades/behavior on the parents, and well I can't be with him while he is there, so how can any of that be on me? We teach him right from wrong and the importance of working hard, if he takes what we tell him and show him or not, well that is on him, not me. GAH.

Hope everyone has a great day.
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #28  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. I didn't make it here over the weekend. It was hectic. But, back at it on Monday. I weighed myself and nothing happened over the past week. But, I'm also not going to stress about it. I'll just keep being on plan and dealing with it. It will work again.

Went to spin class this morning. It was tough. Then, on to Body Pump tomorrow. Just keep working out....

So thankful for this thread!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #29  
science nerd

S/C/G: 302/ticker/151

Height: 5'8"

Checking in after a week or so of silence. Got back from a trip to Belize yesterday. I had the time of my life! I also had a pleasant surprise when I came home. I left for Belize weighing 264, and I returned weighing 261! I thought I was going to gain for sure, since all of our meals were buffet-style. It must have been because the food was real and delicious, and I sweat like crazy every morning
shadowclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi relosers! The past few days have been mostly healthy - I am always grateful for that. I have been struggling in the evening.

Yesterday I acheived many of my goals:
Planned/measured/logged
Read my cards & Beck
No seconds
Ate seated mostly
Was very mindful of eating slower and tasting the food
Journaling
Meditation
Weighed (down 2 to 204, one pound away from lowest pre-surgery weight of 203)
Fork down between bites - some of the time
Slow, mindful, tasting the food meals - three meals were nearly twenty minutes long.

Not helpful - ate some of dh’s candy, did no exercise, was not willing to use resistance techniques at the end of the day (DH’s candy - I did resist for hours)

It’s important for me to keep my home environment food friendly. (there just has to be one place in the world where I don't have to be faced with so many food temptations) But, DH loves candy and is constantly bringing home. It is so tempting and hard. This morning I put it in the trash and doused it with liquid dish soap. He’s kind of used to me doing it… but, he still brings it in the house. He is helpful in every other way but this. I feel like he is being an ‘enabler’. He can eat goodies all day and after meals away from home. We go out on to eat and he always gets desert & I get a bite. We go out to the DQ where I get a No Sugar Added Fudge Bar & he get’s the traditional foods. His weight, cholesterol & blood sugar is fine. It’s just frustrating. In Dr. Judith Beck's book she suggests saying: ‘It would be so helpful to me if……’ I’ve done it and it may last for a week. Maybe it’s my problem that I have a to just learn to stay out of his candy. Sigh.

I have to remind myself that just because DH can eat something - doesn't mean that I get to eat what he eats. Not fair....oh well.

shadow claw - Awesome to see the number go down after a trip away!! Well done.

Slash - yes… good idea… make your plan and carry on. Wonderful exercise.

Finding fawn - sorry you are having this struggle with school… and then how at effects eating. We as parents can’t control what our kids do when they aren’t in our sight. Do the best you can. Maybe ‘rehearse’ with yourself or a friend what you want to say the school folks.

Mahtha - I hope you don’t get a cold! Credit for using your points to work at a restaurant. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if weight came off really fast - often - it doesn’t. Just keep planning.

Vladadog - It’s good to see the scale moving down. You need to forgive yourself for gaining some weight back. It’s not productive to give so much time to things from the past we can’t change. All we can do is… learn from the past, plan for the future… and take it one day at a time.

Smsdreamer - I am doing a happy dance in your honor of such busy, yet healthful day. Carry on!

Muggles - it’s wonderful that you joined the gym. I love that your children are joining in too. very well done on your trip and achieving those goals. YAY

Konfuzed - it’s always nice to see the tax money come back home where it belongs… nice to get your heart rate monitor. I like the charm bracelet idea. I never have done it though. I treat myself to something not foodie every five pounds myself.

Justwant2bhealthy - glad to hear you’ve stayed with your plan. Pat yourself on the back.

Kmac - thanks for your wise thoughts. try not to let the scale own your mind. (I know…it’s really hard to do this) But - we can’t control how fast we lose only what we eat.

Salsa chip - it’s such a good idea to plan meals/food ahead. It really helps with food thoughts that can ‘spin around’ in our head.

heather Michigan - I hope you are feeling better & had a good weekend.

arctic mama - so glad to hear you are doing well. Carry on.

Donna/eyore - good for DH getting you healthy ice cream. Awesome.

Hope everyone is doing well. We CAN relose this weight. Remember - plan, plan and plan some more.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-19-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote