Old 03-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Planning for your day

I just rejoined WW on Wednesday, need to lose this weight once and for all for health (and other) reasons. It's like a light bulb just went off in my head as to what's holding me back. I'm one of those do it perfect or not at all people so in the past as soon as I feel I "messed" up I would give up. This morning I was running late so only had time to grab a healthy lunch and not make breakfast. I went thru McDonalds and decided to grab a piece of their new banana bread. Can't be too bad in points, right? Well when I got to work I checked before I ate it and it has 15 points!! I thru it away since no one else wanted it.
So, I guess my point is unless I plan everything ahead of time (or at least am aware of what is not so healthy point wise) then I'm not going to do well. Luckily I had an extra healthy snack that I can use as breakfast. I feel like I can really get to my goal this time as long as I take the extra time to plan.
lisa2004ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/184.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Good for you for not eating that banana bread and checking out the points before you did!

I always plan out my days food and get everything ready the night before. If I don't, I do the exact same thing. I wind up picking up stuff I just don't need to have and that will kill my progress for the day.

I also always make certain that I have something I can throw in the microwave really fast should I be running late in the mornings. I try to keep a mentality of setting myself up to succeed. That includes having "quickie" items on hand I can grab in a pinch instead of letting myself get hungry and risk overeating.
samanthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Good for you for recognizing that you don't have to be "perfect" but you do have to plan things out a bit.

That's awesome!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote