Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/315/220

Height: 5'10

Default Positive Changes

I'm making positive changes to my life, because I'm just not happy and frankly, I'm tired of it. I've been a very angry person and I don't want to be that way. I let my emotions and other people's feelings control me. Well not anymore!

My doctor prescribed me prozac for anxiety. I never understood why the **** he did that, so I've decided to stop it and feel better already. I don't need drugs, I'm strong enough to face my problems head on and demolish them. I've been through enough to know how to get through this.

I'm keeping my head held high, because there really is power in positivity. I might not succeed today, but I can try again tomorrow. As long as I keep trying, I can never fail.

I've always been a "tell it like it is" type of person. I like it better that way, but a lot of my family members have been getting in the way of that. I've decided that I can love and care from a distance and I plan to do just that. I don't want to be around people that bring me down.

I'm going to be selfish. This is my life and as far as we know, we only live once. I'm going to put myself before others, to an extent at least. My mother and brother like to throw in my face that they can do fine without me, but when I tell them I'm looking for a job, they complain that they won't have access to my car when I'm working, so tell me I have to work the night shift. This is just one example. Well, I've decided that they'll just have to figure it out for themselves. I would like to join a gym and memberships here are almost $1,000 a year, so I definitely need to start working if I'd like to do that. I'm feeling much better now so I don't want to wait. I'll just find another excuse. So for once, I'm putting myself first. I want to get rid of this sadness and anger along with the weight and I know I can do it. I just have to stop worrying about everyone else and focus on myself. (Here I go defending the people I care about, because I feel guilty, like I made them sound bad or something. My mother and brother have been very supportive of my weight loss goals, they just don't always understand me I guess. I like to think their intentions are for the best.)

What positive changes are you guys making? I'd love to hear them.
itsjustmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:44 PM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Good for you!

And it is NOT selfish to put your needs on the table too. Giving to others at the expense of self is good how? Who meets your needs then?

Fair is fair -- put your own oxygen mask on first, THEN see who else you can help out within reason.

It doesn't have to be in a rude way like "It's all about me all the time and the WHOLE table is for MY use only!"

But it does need to be there somewhere -- putting your own needs on the table somewhere and making sure those get tended too also.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-15-2012 at 10:44 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 320/315/220

Height: 5'10

Your post made me smile, thank you for your kind words.
itsjustmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #4  

I know what you mean-I fluctuate between wanting to do things for ME and also feeling guilty. Living for yourself is easier said than done! I am trying to relax more and realize that I can pull myself together-mistakes do not mean failure-just a need for reevaluation. I also am trying to be less dependent on getting validation from other people-I question myself the second anyone says any remark. Now I take their opinions into consideration and think about what they are saying and why before I immediately blame myself. Its not perfect, but its getting better.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/158/125

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmagic View Post
I
I'm going to be selfish. This is my life and as far as we know, we only live once. I'm going to put myself before others, to an extent at least.
Something I'm trying to do more of. Not to care what people think as much and just do what makes ME happy.
sensualappeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #6  

I agree with Astrophe. You can meet your needs and once you have yourself together you can try to help them out.

For example, New York has a great public transit system. If they need transportation assistance you can try to help get them materials so they can learn to use that system.

And, as much as we know about weight and health concerns, they should understand that changing your life (including gym memberships etc) will also allow you to be able to help them too.

Keep the positive momentum going!
BusyB is offline   Reply With Quote