100 lb. Club - Support for the last 10-20lbs.

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Support for the last 10-20lbs.

runningfromfat
03-15-2012, 12:49 PM
I have about 10-20lbs to go and have been struggling somewhat. I know how to maintain at this weight but I really just want to be done now, you know? So I kind of need a bit of a push to finish this. ;)

So, is anybody with me? Would you be interested in a support thread for those at the end of a LONG journey (I've been at this over 1.5 years)?

Oh, and maybe some help with not buying all my wardrobe now, because I'm just sick of the baggy clothes... :lol:

rainydays
03-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Absolutely--I'm in!

runningfromfat
03-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Absolutely--I'm in!

Great! Best of luck to you! Are you also struggling a bit staying on plan this close to goal? I don't go crazy or anything but I've found a lot of extra snacks are starting to sneak in more than usual. :( I also need to be better about exercise but DH has to work nights at the moment so I don't have childcare to go to the gym/pool, so it's been hard to manage it all. I really need to get better about this!

Lunula
03-15-2012, 05:32 PM
I hear ya! I've been within 160 lbs, up & down, since the beginning of last November - good thing is that I am maintaining, but mentally, I'm tired of being in weight-loss-mode. I've been at this since January 2011 and I feel like I have the tools to maintain, but I'm tired of trying to lose. It's really mentally draining!

runningfromfat
03-15-2012, 05:49 PM
I hear ya! I've been within 160 lbs, up & down, since the beginning of last November - good thing is that I am maintaining, but mentally, I'm tired of being in weight-loss-mode. I've been at this since January 2011 and I feel like I have the tools to maintain, but I'm tired of trying to lose. It's really mentally draining!

I think that's where I am right now too. I don't seem to have a problem maintaining this weight and it's not like I've been going crazy or anything. I just haven't put forth that extra effort to continue losing. However, I want to be done and soon. I just need something to click and get this over with. It doesn't help DH brought ice cream home when we went to the store this past week, ugh! He's just a few pounds from hitting an "overweight" BMI so we both really just need to dig in and get this done with. ;)

jomatho
03-15-2012, 06:23 PM
I would love to join you guys! I am probably about 25 pounds away-don't mind my ticker, it is not updated yet ;). I started my journey December of 2010, and it is getting old. I have been in the 170s for probably the last 6 months. I was just about in the 160s right before the holidays and it has taken me 3 months to get that weight off again:dizzy: I am ready to finish this thing though, I am sick of losing and really want to try my hand at maintaining and building some muscles! Don't even get me started on what clothes I need, oh boy. . .
I don't know how fast it will come off, but I am determined I will not stay here, I seem to never be able to finish weight loss, I get comfortable and then I quit. I refuse to quit this time.
Let's finish this thing!

runningfromfat
03-15-2012, 07:08 PM
I would love to join you guys! I am probably about 25 pounds away-don't mind my ticker, it is not updated yet ;). I started my journey December of 2010, and it is getting old. I have been in the 170s for probably the last 6 months. I was just about in the 160s right before the holidays and it has taken me 3 months to get that weight off again:dizzy: I am ready to finish this thing though, I am sick of losing and really want to try my hand at maintaining and building some muscles! Don't even get me started on what clothes I need, oh boy. . .
I don't know how fast it will come off, but I am determined I will not stay here, I seem to never be able to finish weight loss, I get comfortable and then I quit. I refuse to quit this time.
Let's finish this thing!

Welcome! Ah, highly doubt mine is going to come off fast. It just doesn't seem to happen for me. So maybe this thread will be running for awhile!

Oh, and clothes, yeah, it's scary. I don't have a single shirt that fits well (pants are ok mostly because I bought a bunch of used ones in various sizes) but I don't have any jeans or shorts that fit. I'm waiting on a order of shirts but the stupid post off lost them so the company will have to resend them, which means at least another 2 weeks or so. :( In the meantime, I'm just wearing everything really baggy, ugh!

jomatho
03-16-2012, 08:36 AM
Welcome! Ah, highly doubt mine is going to come off fast. It just doesn't seem to happen for me. So maybe this thread will be running for awhile!

Oh, and clothes, yeah, it's scary. I don't have a single shirt that fits well (pants are ok mostly because I bought a bunch of used ones in various sizes) but I don't have any jeans or shorts that fit. I'm waiting on a order of shirts but the stupid post off lost them so the company will have to resend them, which means at least another 2 weeks or so. :( In the meantime, I'm just wearing everything really baggy, ugh!

At least you have some coming soon! I dread looking in my closet right now. Before, I used to hate it because nothing fit and now I hate it because nothing fits :lol: I have been taking in some of my shirts and workout shorts/pants, stuff like that, but I really don't want to alter a lot of my clothes because I am sick of them!
My first big purchase when I am within 10 pounds is going to be bras and I am coming to you to help me ;)

liliesinmycereal
03-16-2012, 08:45 AM
can I join I'm roughly at 20 pounds left to lose... I keep changing my mind at where I should stop. I want to do a whole new wardrobe at goal but I need to make sure I save the money for that.

runningfromfat
03-16-2012, 09:18 AM
At least you have some coming soon! I dread looking in my closet right now. Before, I used to hate it because nothing fit and now I hate it because nothing fits :lol: I have been taking in some of my shirts and workout shorts/pants, stuff like that, but I really don't want to alter a lot of my clothes because I am sick of them!
My first big purchase when I am within 10 pounds is going to be bras and I am coming to you to help me ;)

Definitely! I'll be happy to help! :D I actually just altered a skirt of mine this morning before work because I was SO SICK of having everything baggy! It's not the best alteration in the world but it's certainly an improvement.

liliesinmycereal welcome! I'm the same. Sometimes I think I'll be happy just getting into the healthy BMI range with a few pounds to spare and other times I want to get down to 140lbs for sure. Hopefully I make up my mind. :dizzy:

jomatho
03-16-2012, 12:09 PM
So what are you guys doing? I am a calorie counter, most weeks I have a Spike day and I have been dabbling with intermittent fasting to see if I like it or if it does anything for me. I don't do low carb so to speak, but I probably do eat lower carb than normal.
I am just recovering from an injury to my tailbone, so just getting back into exercising, but usually I like to walk, jog and try to do some heavy lifting too. I was about 6 weeks into NROLW when I fell and (I think) broke my tailbone. I haven't lifted in almost 3 weeks, but may start again next week.

runningfromfat
03-16-2012, 12:22 PM
So what are you guys doing? I am a calorie counter, most weeks I have a Spike day and I have been dabbling with intermittent fasting to see if I like it or if it does anything for me. I don't do low carb so to speak, but I probably do eat lower carb than normal.
I am just recovering from an injury to my tailbone, so just getting back into exercising, but usually I like to walk, jog and try to do some heavy lifting too. I was about 6 weeks into NROLW when I fell and (I think) broke my tailbone. I haven't lifted in almost 3 weeks, but may start again next week.

Mostly intuitive eating and relatively low carb/sugar. Ideally I'd swim 3x a week and lift 1x/week but I've struggling getting that all in at the moment with DH working the longer hours. I have managed to lift 1x this week and swim twice, so that's good. I really need to get in two trips to the pool on the weekend.

Yay for NROLW! I still do a lot of their exercises but I have crappy knees and pretty much all the leg workouts make my knees worse. :( So I've adapted them a lot. I want to get a trainer eventually because then maybe they could help me do more with my legs but in a way that avoid injury.

Steph7409
03-16-2012, 03:24 PM
I too am having trouble losing lately. I came oh-so-close to getting below 150 this week but it slipped away after one bad day. I'm doing great with the exercise part, but it's the eating part that I continue to struggle with. I just had ice cream (it's our monthly cake and ice cream day here) for this first time in months and I worry that it's a slippery slope.

I'd mostly like to be done so I can buy clothes that will fit me for a while. I've been doing a lot of closet shopping and some judicious purchasing, but I've got almost nothing for the spring/summer. (runningfromfat, thanks to your great bra advice here and on your blog, I do have 2 bras that I love!)

So these last 20-25 pounds are starting to wear on me. It's heartening to see I'm not alone in that. Good luck to all of us!

Vanity9
03-16-2012, 03:26 PM
I have about 10 pounds to lose (I'd be happy at around 125-130lbs) and I keep losing and gaining the same pounds over and over again. I'm doing a mixture of the Dukan Diet and the ESE.

baker23
03-16-2012, 05:54 PM
don't seem to have a problem maintaining this weight and it's not like I've been going crazy or anything. I just haven't put forth that extra effort to continue losing.

I hear you on that 0.o...I'm getting to comfortable at this weight and have pretty much stopped calorie counting the last two weeks. I've been skipping out on real food, while replacing it with alot of sugar and junk 0.o..While I'm maintaining, I do need to get things moving again. Not just weight loss but eating healthy. My goal weight is the lowest I would consider going and I'll most likely be stopping at 170 or so. Been at this almost 4 years and I'm finally ready to be done with it

summerlove
03-16-2012, 06:15 PM
Yes!! I have 16 pounds to go and am weighing in on Sunday..if I could break through into the 160's it would be awesome...150's is almost unthinkable right now, even though it's so close

berryblondeboys
03-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Well, I have a bit less to lose - but maybe not. I'm shooting for 160 which is in 8 pounds, BUT.... I know I will gain in the next few days as TTOM rears its ugly head. For me it's always a bit down, a little up, a bit down, a little up and then a bit more down - then repeat.

I 'say' I'll be happy at 160, but we'll see. My end goal is much less ambitious than your all end goals for similar heights. And my initial end goal was 175. My body must have heard that too because I hovered there for like FOREVER - just like Jomatho - cripes - took me 3 months to undo the holiday damage.

Basically, I want to get to 160 and then see what happens from there. I hopefully will get there over the early summer and hopefully will keep increasing my fitness and then I'll see where my body takes me. It's not like I'm going to hit 160 and then say, "OK, break out the chocolate chip cookies!"

So... I would like to join in too - and I might not be as close as it seems I am to ending.

rainydays
03-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Great! Best of luck to you! Are you also struggling a bit staying on plan this close to goal? I don't go crazy or anything but I've found a lot of extra snacks are starting to sneak in more than usual. :( I also need to be better about exercise but DH has to work nights at the moment so I don't have childcare to go to the gym/pool, so it's been hard to manage it all. I really need to get better about this!

Well, I recently upped my calories a bit because I'm at a healthy BMI and really want to kick it up a notch fitness wise. I ended up having very narrow hips under all the fat (!) but I really want to work on my THIGHS. I'd like to flatten the tummy a little, but it's really not bad, all things considered. I do have a little more "batwing" than I'd like, but there again--not too terrible. The biggest area I need to work on right now is getting my thighs to match my hips, because my shape is sort of odd currently. Anybody else have this issue?

I totally hear you on the kids making it difficult to get workouts in. I was going to suggest videos at home, but if I remember correctly, you have an injury that prevents you from doing most cardio, right? That does make it tough :(

Madame Souza
03-16-2012, 11:36 PM
I'm going to join you. great idea. I have about 30 lbs to loose and I can tell it is going to be a hard road. What is is about loosing a great deal of weight and then having a few lbs to go that is so hard? I don't know. I feel like I am struggling way harder then I was before.

astrophe
03-16-2012, 11:59 PM
Not there yet myself, but wanted to give all of you a big :carrot:

Home stretch! Look out! Here they come! :cheer:

A.

HMM3
03-17-2012, 12:11 AM
I have about 10kgs (22 pounds) to go to a goal I set of 65kg ... although realistically I think 68ish is probably a better one ...

Have had a wee hiatus and put 2 kgs back on in three weeks so wanting to get more serious again ...

nads84
03-17-2012, 01:06 PM
count me in too. I have shot up as high as 134 (a lot of water weight) and hit a low of 122 last June. Ideally I want to weigh 115-118. I run and can feel how 'heavy' I am when I'm on the trails. Right now I' hovering around 128. I recently walked off the job (after 3 years) due to unreal amounts of stress and in the last few weeks I have felt my stress levels decrease and my appetite too. I never thought I was an emotional eater, but I guess I am! The last few weeks I have been averaging less than 1,800 cals/day, this past week about 1,600, and have done so easily. From Jan to to end of Feb I was STRUGGLING to stay below 1,800 because I'd have panic attacks and attack the pantry.

I'm hoping that increasing my protein, not being under so much pressure as I have been handed my dream job....literally, a former client offered me a position with his firm as an associate financial advisor working from HOME, I think I should be able to maybe achieve my loss of 10lbs by the end of summer.

hang in there gals...i understand how you feel. there are days where it is taxing to stay in maintenance let alone work at losing more. thank god for 3fc!! :)

runningfromfat
03-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Welcome to everyone that is just joining now! My internet was down off and on yesterday so I wasn't able to get back to anyone. berryblondeboys you're definitely welcome even if you don't have exactly 10-20lbs to lose ;) Mostly I just mean the last little bit after a long journey! :lol:

Steph7409 - yay to have bras that fit at least! I'm the same way. I at least have bras that fit more or less but pretty much no clothes, bah!

baker23 - yes, it's really the too comfortable thing for me. I'm not to the point where I want to stay here forever but I'm so much happier here it's hard to get that last little push towards the end. I think I need to go completely sugar/white flour free for a bit to get back on track.

rainydays - I'm like that. Although, I doubt I'll ever be perfectly proportioned (I just carry way too much weight in my bust/butt for that). But I would like to see my waist get smaller and I hope my bust will at least get somewhat smaller, we'll see.

Yep, I have a knee injury so at home cardio is hard. I can do punches/some body weight exercise but really weight lifting and swimming are the best for me. I will do some shadow boxing at home when I can't squeeze in a workout but it's just not at the same level that I can get in elsewhere. :(

Madame Souza I think it's a lot of things. Our bodies don't want to give up the last bit of weight after such a long journey, also psychologically we might be tired/are a lot happier where we're at so we don't have as much push to lose it. Whatever it is, it hasn't been easy!

nads84 stress is the worst. things haven't been that bad lately here but we've had a few really stressful days. Hang in there because eventually your efforts will show!

SparkleBE
03-18-2012, 01:04 PM
I’m in too. I probably have about 20-25 lbs left to lose, but it does not want to come off. And I’m having such a hard time not buying clothes. It wasn’t too bad in the winter, but I love spring/summer clothes. I just want to overload on cute dresses and colourful jeans, but I’m trying to hold out and only buy things that are necessary.

Riesz
03-18-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm also in the home stretch and have been struggling a bit. I think I may extend my goal to 150, which would mean I have 15 lbs left to lose.

I'm becoming frustrated with how slow the weight loss is now. I typically only lose 3-4 lbs per month but will likely lose less this month because I visited home for almost two weeks and also partied for St Patrick's Day.

I'm so ready to be at goal and to start maintaining! I just joined a gym so I'm looking forward to building strength and increasing my daily caloric deficit through intense exercise.

I hope to be looking great by June! I know there is really no timeline on this though, since I want to be healthy for the rest of my life.

berryblondeboys
03-18-2012, 08:20 PM
About the last stretch being harder. I am finding for myself at least that I go through phases of great determination and then slight burnout and I slow it down a bit, and then I get really determined again and then slightly burn out.

I think for me that getting to my initial goal of 175 was such a bigger, that I needed a pause button for a bit. Then I just wanted to get to below my all time low from way back in December. I got there (finally) and now I'm feeling pumped because it's spring and it's so much easier to find things todo to burn calories that doesn't involve driving to the gym or something like that.

Then, I realized today, that I'm 3 pounds away from losing 90 pounds of this current journey. And so that number is motivating me. In the end I wonder if I'll go for 155 to get to 100 pounds for this journey (120 from my highest) and to within a normal BMI. We'll see. I'm not going to pressure myself.

runningfromfat
03-19-2012, 10:54 AM
So I had a good weekend! Ok, Saturday I had too many cookies BUT I was great yesterday and I got on a workout on both Saturday and Sunday, which was my goal. Plus after heavy lifting I was 160lbs on the scale this morning, which is always, a very, very good sign because I retain at least a 1lb of water weight after lifting, so here's hoping the scale drops below the 160's this week. :D

Oh, and I talked to my parents on skype this weekend and they were all impressed by how noticeable the results were. It's hard to see it sometimes in the mirror because I've gotten a lot more used to what I look like so it's nice to hear it from someone else too. ;)

Elliemar
03-19-2012, 12:17 PM
I have 9lb to go and am struggling now. It's getting much harder to get losses but I'm so determined to get there. I know what you all mean about clothes - my wardrobe is chaos as I don't want to buy too much before getting to the finishing line. Can't wait for decent fitting bras though :D

AilsaPearl
03-19-2012, 12:41 PM
i'm in too! i've been hovering from 149-155 since january and i really just want to get in the 140's and stay put! then I think i can lose the last 5-10 lbs once I get there...but it's getting these last few off that's so hard!

berryblondeboys
03-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Well, now i really fit the challenge since I just dropped my goal weight to 155. Now I know FOR SURE I won't lower it more than that, but that's in 13.8 pounds (TTOM weight gain today - up .8 from yesterday).

liliesinmycereal
03-23-2012, 11:51 AM
How is everyone doing? I'm still kind of hovering in the same area because I need to get back to the gym...

my2cats
03-23-2012, 11:55 AM
I absolutely get this.. I'm "settling" at my previous comfortable weight which is 20-30 lbs higher than my goal. And because I'm closer I am less motivated to get it off (the negatives aren't as bad as they were at 220).

I've gotten back on the wagon the past couple days but really need to stay strong and push through at least another 10-20 pounds!

runningfromfat
03-23-2012, 12:17 PM
I actually came on here just to post here, so thanks liliesinmycereal for bumping it up! Like you I'm hovering. I keep getting to the low end of 160 (like 160.2 or 160.4) but I just can't seem to drop below 160. :shrug: Hopefully soon! ;)

Welcome my2cats hopefully we can all get there together!

berryblondeboys
03-23-2012, 12:22 PM
Well, right now I'm working to stay OUT OF the 170s. I would love to hit 165 this month (menstrual month). So by mid April if I down to 165 I will be ecstatic. I'm in the "bounce around a pound or two" phase of my cycle. All I can do is keep eating right and keep burning calories.

WHich I should be doing now with cleaning out my garage, but looking around online is so much more fun!

runningfromfat
03-23-2012, 12:31 PM
Well, right now I'm working to stay OUT OF the 170s. I would love to hit 165 this month (menstrual month). So by mid April if I down to 165 I will be ecstatic. I'm in the "bounce around a pound or two" phase of my cycle. All I can do is keep eating right and keep burning calories.

WHich I should be doing now with cleaning out my garage, but looking around online is so much more fun!

It is, isn't it? Have fun cleaning out your garage if you have a chance! ;)

I'd love to hit 155lbs soon but I don't think it's going to happen this month. Too many little extras and not enough workouts. Ah, well, if I stay on plan now, hopefully next month!!

Steph7409
03-23-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm feeling like I've hit the wall. I dropped below 150 over the weekend and was very happy about that, but I'm back up to 151. I feel like I've been in the 150s for ages and it would be so easy to settle here. I know part of my slow progress is my own fault, since I've been having a hard time saying no to the constant stream of food here at the office. But I'm still exercising for an hour every day and staying within my calorie limit, so WTH?

Another issue for me is that I know that losing another 25 pounds isn't going to make me pretty, or younger, or long-legged. I'll just have more loose skin (my arms are hideous!) and will still creak when I stand up. So that voice in my head starts whispering that I should just give up and have a cookie (or two or twenty). I hate that voice.

runningfromfat
03-23-2012, 02:31 PM
Another issue for me is that I know that losing another 25 pounds isn't going to make me pretty, or younger, or long-legged. I'll just have more loose skin (my arms are hideous!) and will still creak when I stand up. So that voice in my head starts whispering that I should just give up and have a cookie (or two or twenty). I hate that voice.

Tell that voice to shut up! :lol: With the right clothes you might not look younger but I'm sure you'd still look amazing. I have the loose skin too but that's why I love high-waisted undies (yay for them being back in style!). :D

Pacifica Bee
03-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Oh boy... I am so here!

My goal has always wanting to be in the "normal" BMI category (140 pounds) and my ultimate goal is 132 for an even 200 lost, plus that is smack in the middle of "normal" range, so I get wiggle room on both ends... not that I would get too light hahahahaha

I got down to 144 back in October, now I am sitting at 152. This is partially because my thyroid has now completely failed - going to an endocrinologist on Monday YAY - and also partially because I have started lifting heavy weights 3x a week on top of running 3x a week. You should see my muscle definition and its only been 3 weeks! Very exciting on the eyes, but since muscle weighs more than fat, it's kinda depressing on the scale.

As far as my eating goes, I am shooting for 1400 calories a day (should be a 1/2 lb a week loss), but getting closer to 1600. I'm just SO HUNGRY now that I am lifting.

So, until I see the doc and get on proper medication, I think I will be stuck in maintenance mode, no matter what I do since I am eating few enough calories that I should be losing at least a little.

I am also tired of "dieting" as I have been doing this since January of 2010 - however, I also know that the way I eat is FOREVER. I will always be an obese person, I just happen to be in a thin body now (and I want to keep it that way). I still have my exact same food issues so I will never NOT be vigilant with what I put in my mouth. It would just be nice to get to a point where I can count calories every other day, or be a little more loosey-goosey with it than I am now.

liliesinmycereal
03-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Berryblondes-- you can do it! Would upping the vegetables help?

Runningfromfat-- I've been having my extras... I think it's to break up all the monotony! I'm working on my extras being more nutritious and less of a bad thing. Like eating more of the roasted seaweed i like versus grabbing a small bag of doritos.

Steph7409-- the last pounds do make a big difference... look at my body gallery.com. Don't let the numbers fool you! Also, you should feel confident at the weight you are now! You've worked hard. The excess skin is just apart of the massive weight loss but give it time!!

Pacifica Bee- Your time will come to be all loosey goosey and if you really are that hungry why not eat some low calorie nutritious food rather than leave yourself thinking about the food?

baker23
03-23-2012, 05:12 PM
I have the loose skin too but that's why I love high-waisted undies (yay for them being back in style!).

Yay...Maybe I should start trying those...right now I usually wear leggings to keep everything smooth but its hitting 75-80 here now so I need to find another method...especially when running outside xD....

For the past month i've been hovering between 184-185 and today I finally broke through that number and saw 182.6 =D so I'm hoping to see another pound or two drop before I stall again(and I know its going to happen). Crossing fingers to hit 180 by my birthday in April :)

AilsaPearl
03-23-2012, 11:28 PM
today is just...one...of....those....days. I feel so tired and discouraged with weight loss and eating healthy! I feel like I'm NEVER going to get to where I want to be! I have gone from 189lbs to 149 in 8 months, and I know that's a good achievement. this sounds really dumb, but I feel so far away from being satisfied and feeling toned and thin! I never thought I had unhealthy expectations, (my ugw is/was 145) but I just still look in the mirror and wonder how much longer it's gonna take before I lose the freaking fat on my hips, my lovehandles, the stuff I still want to tone up. I am going to first work on getting to 145, then set another goal. I am just sick of reaching my goals and STILL not feeling like I look how I want to! Thanks for listening to my rant everyone...any support or advice how you guys put up with that or motivate yourselves would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

rainydays
03-26-2012, 09:43 AM
Definitely getting harder to lose with 18ish pounds to go...

berryblondeboys
03-26-2012, 09:47 AM
And the bouncing around of the scale seems harder to take for some reason. I'm up STILL and it makes me mad! Even though I know I'm eating clean and exercising, my body has it's own agenda.

runningfromfat
03-26-2012, 10:31 AM
I've been doing a lot of bouncing too, pretty annoying! I actually think I should've weighed-in at 159lbs today but I didn't have a chance to weigh myself before eating so I don't know (weighed afterwards and was just barely 160lbs but I am down half an inch on my waist). :( TOM should be here any day now so if I did get below I'll have to wait to see it.

I'd love to be 155lbs by the beginning of May because we'll have a bit of $$ again then so I can get a few pieces of clothes (that I desperately need!!). So I'm trying to do absolutely zero sugar for the next month. ;)

flashfacts
03-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Wow, how did I miss this tread?

I know my ticker says that I'm just 2 lbs away from goal, but I've been putting off changing it until I actually make my original goal :o I guess I just want to have that moment of accomplishment before I reset it. I do plan to reset it to 145, then probably 140 depending on how I feel at 145 lb. Picking 150 was so easy at the beginning, because it didn't really mean anything to me, but its so real now and I know I don't want to stop here. But at the same time, not having such a clear final goal makes me feel nervous. ::sigh::

But still, the weight seems to come off so slowly now :( And, yes, berryblondeboys all the bouncing up and down is so frustrating. I mean, I know in my head and my heart that I'm not gaining weight, but a bounce up that sticks for a few days just makes me annoyed and impatient. I guess I was spoiled, since I never really had to deal with fluctuations outside of TOM until I hit the 150s.

liliesinmycereal
03-26-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm bouncing up too! I was at 141 yesterday and this morning weighed at 143... (probably because I ate a lot of popcorn yesterday). I keep thinking how can I let myself still weigh in the 140s when I know I could be in the 20s by now. Next time I won't eat so much popcorn. I'm happy to eat it but not the amount I did.

jomatho
03-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Looks like everyone is struggling a little bit right now.
I am having a rough week due to TOM and will be glad to have it behind me in a couple more days. Don't know why some months are tougher than others.
Didn't lose anything last week, but also didn't gain with TOM either, so that is good.

SparkleBE
03-26-2012, 01:24 PM
I hadnít bounced around until I got to the 150s either, Flashfacts. Kind of frustrating that things are going so much slower now, since all I can think is that Iím still 10 lbs away from a healthy BMI and itís already so hard to lose. I keep trying to remind myself that I will get there eventually.

And clothes are so much harder to resist now that I can find things that not only fit but are also flattering. I found a gorgeous summer dress at the mall yesterday, but I know I canít buy summer things because Iím hoping to lose more before summer comes.

baker23
03-26-2012, 01:49 PM
And clothes are so much harder to resist now that I can find things that not only fit but are also flattering.

I sware, I became a shopping addict once I hit my size 12's xD Its not even if it looks flattering, its like "OMG IT FITS...tosses aimlessly into cart"...;) I don't have to buy to many clothes though. Last year I bought a bunch of stuff before summer came, thinking that I would drop the weight over the summer. I maintained the whole time xD so the clothes never fit. They do this year

Steph7409
03-26-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm still having trouble getting any distance from 150. I slacked off on the "just say no" to all the treats here at work last week so I ate more (and more sugar) than usual, so I was happy to see 149 this morning. But it's still soooo slow.

runningfromfat, you're right about clothes. I had a friend over for dinner last night and decided to wear something new, something less schlubby than my usual casual attire when I see him. I bought a short skirt at Target last week (short for me, above the knee) and wore that over tights and pink and black striped socks. I looked totes adorbs, if I may so myself. I have good calves so I should start wearing shorter skirts and dresses.

Hang in there, everybody. We can do this!

liliesinmycereal
03-26-2012, 02:16 PM
I'm actually turning into the opposite now... maybe it's because I'm a shopaholic. I find that I want to save the money now so I can by the more expensive clothes. I got mad yesterday this jacket that I was pining over to wear is now too large.. I kept thinking if I lose a little more it will fit and then I missed the window of it fitting. I'm casually buying stuff because I don't know what these last 20 pounds are going to do to me size wise. I'm a size 6 in most dresses now and in 20 would I be a 2 or 0? I've been spending more time at the thrift store buying all the designers I like and it sucks having to give away all these pretty clothes... I'm tired of having to do that.

runningfromfat
03-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Welcome flashfacts, I think that happens pretty often that the goal weight doesn't necessarily correspond to the end. I don't know exactly where I'm going to stop either.

Boo to all the bouncing, hopefully we all have a nice bounce down soon! ;)

Oh man, I wish I had the $$ to spend on clothes now. I'm so sick of baggy clothes. :mad: I did order some sorts but the stupid post office lost them so they had to resend them. Here's hoping they come soon because I really look sloppy!

runningfromfat
04-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Hey, how is everyone doing??? I finally made it to 159lbs (actually 159.2lbs this morning, so here's hoping for a whoosh into 158 soon!), which means I've finally gotten below the 20lb left barrier that seemed to be there forever. :D

flashfacts
04-02-2012, 06:57 PM
runningfromfat Congrats! That's great. Oh, and a heartfelt thank you for your bra blog. It was so helpful when all the bras I already owned got too big.

I'm doing pretty well. Hit 151 a few days ago, which was great. Now I'm mentally struggling what to do with hitting my original goal :( Part of me wants to take a short maintenance break. While I was losing my first 65 lbs, I would cycle between calorie restricting for a month, and maintaining for 2 weeks. For me it cut down on some of the mental monotony and (I think) helped prevent burn out. And I admit, I'm feeling a little burnt out right now.

But the same time, I really do want to get at/under 145. And now that my weight loss has slowed down, 5+ extra pounds sounds like a long time. I feel so close and I'm not sure if I really want to put it off. A lot of the burnout feeling is coming from trying to finish up my PhD and I'm having a hard time distinguishing between what's weight loss related and what's not.

I guess I'll see when I get there. Maybe a hard look in the mirror will help (not that I expect to look any different with one extra pound :lol:)

ValRock
04-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Hey can I join? My original goal was 157 but I have been so stuck, I moved it down 10 lbs to try and motivate myself. Not sure if it'll work... but UGH.

I would LOVE to get into the 150's. I was a 180# 12 year old, so I think my body has no idea what to do below that. Every lb below 180 has been a struggle.

runningfromfat
04-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Val, welcome! You can definitely join. ;)

runningfromfat Congrats! That's great. Oh, and a heartfelt thank you for your bra blog. It was so helpful when all the bras I already owned got too big.

I'm doing pretty well. Hit 151 a few days ago, which was great. Now I'm mentally struggling what to do with hitting my original goal :( Part of me wants to take a short maintenance break. While I was losing my first 65 lbs, I would cycle between calorie restricting for a month, and maintaining for 2 weeks. For me it cut down on some of the mental monotony and (I think) helped prevent burn out. And I admit, I'm feeling a little burnt out right now.

But the same time, I really do want to get at/under 145. And now that my weight loss has slowed down, 5+ extra pounds sounds like a long time. I feel so close and I'm not sure if I really want to put it off. A lot of the burnout feeling is coming from trying to finish up my PhD and I'm having a hard time distinguishing between what's weight loss related and what's not.

I guess I'll see when I get there. Maybe a hard look in the mirror will help (not that I expect to look any different with one extra pound :lol:)

Thanks! I'm glad the blog helped too. :D I hear you on the burn out but also just wanting to be done. I'm working hard on just trying to get get to my goal even though I feel like I'm crawling uphill at times. FWIW, at the end of my PhD I felt like my head was going through a blender so it definitely could be related to that. ;) Actually, I'm not sure if that feeling ever went away after it was done! :lol:

All that being said, now that I'm close to goal ever little pound does make a pretty big difference. Before I never knew what to expect as much on the scale. Now it's like I know already just looking at myself in the mirror if I dropped or not. :dizzy:

fyreflie24
04-03-2012, 05:40 PM
I'm looking at closer to 25ish to go... can I join in? :) I still have about 10 more days until my yoga challenge is over and I can weight myself so not exactly sure where I am but my nutritionist says I'll be thrilled!! :dizzy:

fyreflie24
04-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Hey can I join? My original goal was 157 but I have been so stuck, I moved it down 10 lbs to try and motivate myself. Not sure if it'll work... but UGH.

I would LOVE to get into the 150's. I was a 180# 12 year old, so I think my body has no idea what to do below that. Every lb below 180 has been a struggle.

Sweetie, going by that profile pix you're already looking awesome! congrats! Such amazing work! :hug: :carrot::carrot::carrot:

AilsaPearl
04-04-2012, 04:27 PM
i've been bouncing between 146-150 for almost a month now, and since my original UGW is 145 I just can't seem to get those dang last few off! I know i'll want to move my end goal to 130 or 135 or 140 at least, but my first original goal is kind of a big deal to me! and the darn scale will not budge! hopefully by the end of april i'll be able to finally get down to 145, and if not, i'm gonna try calorie cycling and intense exercise! this has got to stop lol!

Steph7409
04-04-2012, 05:35 PM
I've managed to stay under 150 and even saw 147.6 today! So I am technically slightly less than 25 pounds from my goal. Still, ugh. I'm hoping for an average of a pound a week and that means 6 months, which seems like forever. But, like we always say around here, the time is going to pass anyway. I'm not exactly starving myself so there's no reason to give up now.

I heard an ad on NPR this morning for a local bra fitter and was so excited - but I've already forgotten the name! That's what I get for driving to work half asleep.

Pepino
04-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Hi All!!!!

I would like to join to! I have the last 9lbs to lose and it is going sssssssssssooooooooooooooooo sssssssssssllllllllllllllloooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwww

Oh and it is odd that this thread is in the 100 lb club lol. Based on you guys' heights, 100 lbs is NOT a safe goal but I'm sure you knew that ;o)

ValRock
04-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Hi All!!!!

I would like to join to! I have the last 9lbs to lose and it is going sssssssssssooooooooooooooooo sssssssssssllllllllllllllloooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwww

Oh and it is odd that this thread is in the 100 lb club lol. Based on you guys' heights, 100 lbs is NOT a safe goal but I'm sure you knew that ;o)

LOL, it's here because we had more than 100 lbs to lose ;).

Pepino
04-05-2012, 01:18 AM
LOL, it's here because we had more than 100 lbs to lose ;).

BWAHAHAHA I'm smart, I thought that meant you were trying to BE 100 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man, I'm special. :dizzy: I seriously did not get that at all. Man how embarrassing! :o

pixelllate
04-05-2012, 11:01 AM
My gym scale measured me waaay heavier than expected. Oh well, no matter what, I do have somewhere between 16-18 lbs to lose I think. I got pushed to the ground by annoying HS kids running around and I am refraining from putting too much weight on my knees till Sunday.
I have my period, and I just crave more food. I know that I can eat at maintenance and feel fine, and right now I am eating just under. I have a "deadline" (so hard for me not to focus on it...) so I just want to try and trudge through, and if I don't get to goal by then its OK, but I just want to know that I gave it my best shot-and continue my journey after that. Trying to find that balance between staying active and not eating all the cals I burned and then some. Any type of workout is doing that to me this week.
I got angry when my sister said that I look exactly the same cause a few weeks ago she said that I was all "skinny and sh*t" but this is about ME and not her, who cares what anyone thinks, me caring too much was my "downfall" in the first place.
Just have to keep going on! Stupid stupid desire to eat a truckload of food...

rainydays
04-06-2012, 01:46 AM
Been dealing with a lot of stress lately, so I'm REALLY hoping to see a loss tomorrow!

baker23
04-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Ok, I'm having one of those, I want to throw my freakin scale out the window days...0.o A few days ago I was 182.9...today I weighted in at 187.6 because of TOM water weight. Usually isn't more then a few pounds 0.o IT NEEDS TO GO..

runningfromfat
04-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Welcome to all the newbies, you're all definitely welcome here! :D

Baker and rainy days, sorry about the frustration. It's really hard, now with easter too. Ugh, too many Chocolate easter eggs keep popping up in our apt, ahhh!!!! I did get in a swim today so at least that...

rainydays
04-07-2012, 12:05 PM
Ok, I really AM happy to be maintaining at a healthy BMI, but I'm getting very frustrated, and very sick of the 150s!

baker23
04-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Chocolate easter eggs keep popping up in our apt, ahhh!!!!

Jellybeans and those whopper eggs xD Can't break the addiction.

rainydays- I'm hovering on the line between normal and overweight as far as BMI...this weight gain shot me up a few pounds into overweight again :S..hopefully it goes away in a few days...5 pounds in a few days mostly has to be waterweight right -.-

rainydays
04-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Baker, definitely water weight! I feel you on bmi, I'm just barely in normal territory and I want a bigger buffer zone! Just grrrrr.

jomatho
04-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Hi everyone, just wanted to pop in to say on Saturday I finally broke out of the 170s after about 7 months of bouncing around them! :woohoo:
Now to keep it here and continue losing :crossed:
I really hope the 160s don't give me so much trouble.
I am ovulating this week and feel pretty miserable. Anyone else get this way around ovulation? I feel all bloated, crabby, anxious, etc, just like PMS. Ugh.

runningfromfat
04-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Congrats jomatho that's awesome breaking into a new decade!!!! :D

rainydays ugh, I can't wait to get to a healthy BMI! I know the last few days have been bad because people keep giving us chocolate easter eggs. :dz: That's the problem with having a 3 year old, everyone thinks she needs to be pumped full of chocolate at easter. DH and I are trying to eat them slowly but I'm at the point where I just want to throw them out (don't think DH and DD would be overly happy with that, though).

Yeah, so no change in the scale but like you I AM happy that I'm maintaining! I've been eating amazingly well during the day but having some chocolate at night can't be helping things.

fyreflie24
04-10-2012, 09:47 AM
For some bizarre reason, my bodyfat is within a normal range, but my BMI is still 'overweight'. Grrr... At least it's progress!

runningfromfat
04-10-2012, 10:17 AM
For some bizarre reason, my bodyfat is within a normal range, but my BMI is still 'overweight'. Grrr... At least it's progress!

It's probably do to a good deal of exercise. ;) My guess would be that I'm about the same but I'm still working towards a healthy BMI so doctors leave me alone! :mad:

fyreflie24
04-10-2012, 11:00 AM
It's probably do to a good deal of exercise. ;) My guess would be that I'm about the same but I'm still working towards a healthy BMI so doctors leave me alone! :mad:

Good point! Makes a lot of sense.

berryblondeboys
04-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Hi everyone, just wanted to pop in to say on Saturday I finally broke out of the 170s after about 7 months of bouncing around them! :woohoo:
Now to keep it here and continue losing :crossed:
I really hope the 160s don't give me so much trouble.
I am ovulating this week and feel pretty miserable. Anyone else get this way around ovulation? I feel all bloated, crabby, anxious, etc, just like PMS. Ugh.

Yay for you Jomatho! I don't know what it is about the 170s, but I was stuck in them for over 6 months too and will probably go back up into them as TTOM comes and ovulation after that and then hopefully, never again.

And as you know, ovulation messes with me in all ways way more than TTOM does. I gained 6 pounds of water weight this cycle - still have 1.8 to go to get back down to my all time low from about a month ago. This month I don't think I made any forward progress which bites. It's hard to have standstills.

Anyway, I hope ovulation hormones leave you relatively unscathed.

Edited to fix all my ridiculous ipad typos.

berryblondeboys
04-10-2012, 11:54 AM
These last few pounds are soooooo hard. Seeing all the newbies dropping weight like mad as I've been stuck for what seems like forever. At this point 4 pounds in a month is a very, very good month. And it's not going to happen this month, I'm sure.

runningfromfat
04-10-2012, 12:04 PM
These last few pounds are soooooo hard. Used all the newbies dropping weight like mad as I've been stuck for what seems like forever. At this point 4 pounds in a month is a very, very good month. And it's not going to happen this month, I'm sure.

I'm doing good at 1lb/month! But then again, this last month hasn't been the best. Trying to get back on track...

berryblondeboys
04-10-2012, 12:31 PM
I'm doing good at 1lb/month! But then again, this last month hasn't been the best. Trying to get back on track...

Girl, you've been losing more than a pound a month. Take a look. You went through the entire 160s while I was stuck in the 170s (and back up ever so briefly in the 180s).

Steph7409
04-10-2012, 02:28 PM
I wore my short skirt yesterday and got lots of "oh my god you're so skinny!" comments, but was then brought back to reality when I did some online shopping at JC Penney and realized my measurements still put me in the "large" category. I was hoping to get to a medium before buying new clothes but that's not going to happen any time soon, I fear. I think I'll reset my goal to be under 130 by the end of the summer, which would mean a pound a week. It seems attainable, but only if I rein in the stress eating I've been doing the last couple of days. I was back up to almost 149 this morning - eek! I don't want to ever see 150 again.

runningfromfat
04-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Girl, you've been losing more than a pound a month. Take a look. You went through the entire 160s while I was stuck in the 170s (and back up ever so briefly in the 180s).

It was just because I had a huge whoosh in Jan (6lbs!). After that it's slowed down considerably and in the last 30 days I've only dropped 1-2lbs.

runningfromfat
04-10-2012, 03:02 PM
I wore my short skirt yesterday and got lots of "oh my god you're so skinny!" comments, but was then brought back to reality when I did some online shopping at JC Penney and realized my measurements still put me in the "large" category. I was hoping to get to a medium before buying new clothes but that's not going to happen any time soon, I fear. I think I'll reset my goal to be under 130 by the end of the summer, which would mean a pound a week. It seems attainable, but only if I rein in the stress eating I've been doing the last couple of days. I was back up to almost 149 this morning - eek! I don't want to ever see 150 again.

yeah, I'd ignore those measurements. Normally they're way off for me at most places (Normally they say I need a 10-12 whereas I actually wear a 4, sometimes 6). :dizzy: There are a few places that seem to be better in terms of their size charts but most are pretty off (and it depends so much on your body type too!).

fyreflie24
04-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Steph7409: I agree with Running... those measurements are nonsense. Just go try stuff on! Nothing in this planet puts me in a 4-6 & XS-S but those are the sizes I'm wearing right now out of my old skinny wardrobe and stuff I'm purchasing now. Hang tight!

Steph7409
04-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the input, gals. We'll see how the clothes fit when I get them. I'm going to have to overcome my loathing of shopping and actually go to some stores, I think.

berry, I thought of you on Sunday as I was trying to find something to wear to do yard work. I have no gardening clothes that fit and I hate the thought of buying something new just to get it covered in dirt!

rainydays
04-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Regarding slow loss--I was dropping like mad for awhile there, but then the slowness set in. Finally got down -1.4 lbs after about a month! SO good to see movement!

rainydays
04-12-2012, 02:09 AM
And another today to 150, and we adopted a new fur baby from a shelter. I'm in love :)

fyreflie24
04-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Rainydays: awww fur babies! :) I love fur babies! :)

Well I was able to recover from an uncharacteristically out of sorts food day last Thursday and am actually still ahead of the game but a bit so yay me ;)

We leave in 10 weeks for the beach so it's honker down time! I need a consistent 2 lbs a week to get close. I'm still not sure what my final weight will be but 20 lbs will be helpful for sure!

kateleestar
04-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Can I join in with like, 23lbs to go? :D

I would have 13, but I lowered my goal. ;)

....hi, I'm Katie.

jomatho
04-13-2012, 10:53 AM
Welcome Katie, I have to tell you, I stalk your "what's for dinner" thread to see what you guys are making/eating every night. It's like food porn for me :lol:

Well, I think I got past ovulation finally, but not without some chocolate to make me feel better along the way. Not sure I will see a loss this week, only one more day for one to magically appear.

I love this thread, I feel like we all know what each other is going through and how tough the end of the journey can be. It is especially true when you start to feel good in clothes and get the comments that you are looking good, I think it is easy to let go a little, which slows things down even more.

berryblondeboys
04-13-2012, 11:19 AM
I love this thread, I feel like we all know what each other is going through and how tough the end of the journey can be. It is especially true when you start to feel good in clothes and get the comments that you are looking good, I think it is easy to let go a little, which slows things down even more.

Oh so very true! Easy to get complacent. I find myself going in spurts of strong determination and 'eh, whatever'. Never to gain (except over the holidays when I chose to go off plan for 3 weeks), but it's hard to keep the determination steady.

And Jo, I know you have a bodybugg. I have a bodymedia fit. According to the gizmo, I should have lost 4.5 pounds these past 28 days and I'll see zip this month (i'm bouncing the same pounds as last month). Do you find your numbers jive with your gizmo?

Elliemar
04-13-2012, 11:43 AM
I saw this thread and thought it's definitely the place for me as I have under 10lb to go and don't seem to be getting anywhere. If I'm reeaaaaalllly honest, it's because I've started slacking off a bit and find it much harder to get back on track after a break like for Easter. Mind you, if I look at my figures for the last few months, they're not as bad as I think - 4lb in November, Feb and March and 2lb in Dec and Jan. That's an average of just over 3lb a month.

I think a little re-commitment is needed. :o

rainydays
04-13-2012, 10:40 PM
Yesterday was my birthday, and I got my present when I weighed in this morning: 146 lbs! Hooray for bday wishes and whooshes! :D

fyreflie24
04-13-2012, 11:17 PM
Rainy!! OMG ONE MORE TO GO for this goal!!

Riesz
04-14-2012, 10:58 AM
I've been having a lot of trouble with binging lately and am beginning to feel like something within me is trying to sabotage my efforts. Sigh.

Scale is up 10 lbs from my ticker but I've been tracking the binges on calorie counting sites and this morning I added up all my calories for the month and should only be 3-4 lbs up at the most. Still, so frustrating when I was so close to first goal and hoped to be there this month.

Time to get back on the wagon whole-heartedly and beat these last few pounds!

berryblondeboys
04-14-2012, 11:19 AM
I've been having a lot of trouble with binging lately and am beginning to feel like something within me is trying to sabotage my efforts. Sigh.

Scale is up 10 lbs from my ticker but I've been tracking the binges on calorie counting sites and this morning I added up all my calories for the month and should only be 3-4 lbs up at the most. Still, so frustrating when I was so close to first goal and hoped to be there this month.

Time to get back on the wagon whole-heartedly and beat these last few pounds!

If you are eating more than you were and eating diferently, you can see a lot more water weight gain on the scale. Especially if you are carb sensitive and you ate more carbs.

Over the holidays I gained 14 pounds in 17 days by eating about 2400 calories a day (and not every day). I got back to normal eating and shed 9 of those pounds in less than a week. The remaining 4-5 was probably true weight gain, the rest was just water weight from the sugars in my diet. I gained it ALLLLL in my gut too as it was probably stored as glycogen in my liver.

So, get back to eating on plan and you will probably very quickly see a whoosh for half of that weight gain.

Riesz
04-14-2012, 10:46 PM
If you are eating more than you were and eating diferently, you can see a lot more water weight gain on the scale. Especially if you are carb sensitive and you ate more carbs.

Over the holidays I gained 14 pounds in 17 days by eating about 2400 calories a day (and not every day). I got back to normal eating and shed 9 of those pounds in less than a week. The remaining 4-5 was probably true weight gain, the rest was just water weight from the sugars in my diet. I gained it ALLLLL in my gut too as it was probably stored as glycogen in my liver.

So, get back to eating on plan and you will probably very quickly see a whoosh for half of that weight gain.

Oh, I dearly hope so! I've felt very bloated lately after the binge episodes but it's all in my stomach area. My stomach just seems to stick out a bit more, almost like I'm a few months pregnant, embarrassing as it is to say. I really do hope it goes down a bit after a week or so. I plan to avoid grains as much as possible over the next week, with the possible exception of oatmeal. Hopefully that helps reduce the bloating too. :( What an ordeal! The binge wasn't worth all this hassle at all! :dizzy:

fyreflie24
04-15-2012, 09:33 AM
Riesz: This last leg is bringing out all of my crap too. I had a bingefest, only my second since August, the Thursday before Easter. I was like where the heck did THAT come from? That said, getting back on the wagon was essential and I too am having to really refocus and rededicate. It's a challenge, I agree! But that's why where here right? To support each other! So glad to have everyone here who understands!

jomatho
04-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Oh so very true! Easy to get complacent. I find myself going in spurts of strong determination and 'eh, whatever'. Never to gain (except over the holidays when I chose to go off plan for 3 weeks), but it's hard to keep the determination steady.

And Jo, I know you have a bodybugg. I have a bodymedia fit. According to the gizmo, I should have lost 4.5 pounds these past 28 days and I'll see zip this month (i'm bouncing the same pounds as last month). Do you find your numbers jive with your gizmo?

No, I really couldn't take it at face value, my body loses when it wants to. I envy the people that lose like it says they are supposed to.
I think the important thing I learned from it is how much activity adds up in a day, it really is about NEAT, not all about what workout I do. I have worn it so much, I can guess within a couple hundred where I will be at at the end of the day. I am not wearing it right now, I let my subscription expire through the summer because I hate that thing on my arm in the warm short sleeve weather :lol:. I am sure my burns will change if I can get these last pounds off and I may renew at that time, just to see where I am at again.
A couple tips that may help. Are you wearing it on your left arm, at the BACK of your arm, right over the belly of the tricep? That can affect your reading. Initially, I was wearing mine more to the side of my arm and my burns were higher. Also, some people say you should subtract 10% from the daily total for error sake. And last, I have to make sure my deficit is not too big anymore. In the beginning, I could get away with huge deficits, but as I get closer to goal, my body does not like it. You should only be shooting for 750 or less per day. 750 is still pretty high at this stage of the game. That is 1.5 pounds per week. They say as you get closer to goal (and you are closer than I am), 1# or even 1/2 pound a week should be the goal or you will either stall out or be burning more muscle than you want. I know it is hard to go slower though, I struggle with that part.
Don't know if any of that helps or not.
Of course, I am no expert by any means, I am struggling just like you, these are just things I am learning along the way.

jomatho
04-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Yesterday was my birthday, and I got my present when I weighed in this morning: 146 lbs! Hooray for bday wishes and whooshes! :D

My birthday was the 11th and I was secretly hoping for birthday whoosh. It didn't happen :( :lol:

Congrats and Happy Birthday to my fellow Aries!

jomatho
04-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Riesz: This last leg is bringing out all of my crap too. I had a bingefest, only my second since August, the Thursday before Easter. I was like where the heck did THAT come from? That said, getting back on the wagon was essential and I too am having to really refocus and rededicate. It's a challenge, I agree! But that's why where here right? To support each other! So glad to have everyone here who understands!

This is me too. All of the sudden, chocolate and carby things I wouldn't normally eat are sneaking into my diet? What the heck? Gotta nip this in the bud!!! It's like I posted earlier, I think we get a little complacent and comfortable because we are so close.

fyreflie24
04-15-2012, 10:29 AM
jomatho: For me, it's a perpetual cycle of self sabotage! And my weapon for that is yoga, funny as it sounds, but it's still a constant moment by moment challenge. I keep telling myself it's not much longer (10 weeks til our beach vacation) that I need to really honker down. I'm going to work to up my workouts... this weight loss thing can be a full time job I swear!

runningfromfat
04-16-2012, 07:22 AM
I'm down another 1lb, almost 2 ( I weighed-in at 158.0lbs!). Yay! Only 3 lbs more to a healthy BMI. :D

Congrats rainydays and happy birthday!

Sorry to those that are struggling. For me if I'm not working out my eating gets worse and worse so that's absolutely key to me. I've been getting better about getting enough workouts in so that helps. Otherwise no much advice but I hope you guys can figure out what's triggering the binges.

jomatho
04-16-2012, 08:21 AM
I'm down another 1lb, almost 2 ( I weighed-in at 158.0lbs!). Yay! Only 3 lbs more to a healthy BMI. :D

Congrats rainydays and happy birthday!

Sorry to those that are struggling. For me if I'm not working out my eating gets worse and worse so that's absolutely key to me. I've been getting better about getting enough workouts in so that helps. Otherwise no much advice but I hope you guys can figure out what's triggering the binges.

Oh my gosh, you are so close! :cheer:
I know in my head a healthy BMI is my next goal, but I have to get to where you are :lol: I think I need to get to 159 to be there.
You must be so thrilled and motivated being so close!

It's a new week. No chocolate for this girl this week :nono:
I did manage to squeak 0.4 pound loss though and I will take that and bank it, it all adds up.

kateleestar
04-16-2012, 09:19 AM
Welcome Katie, I have to tell you, I stalk your "what's for dinner" thread to see what you guys are making/eating every night. It's like food porn for me :lol:

HI! And I love that thread. I go there when I'm all 'what the heck can I make today?' and then I find something, lol.. So tasty too.

It's so much harder now then it was even 3 or 4 months ago. I'm a slow (SLOW) loser, and I've accepted that, but I'm SO bouncy now. Up 5 lbs, down 6, up 2 down 2.. ugh. STOP IT. :lol: I'm trying so hard to stay on plan, but man, sometimes those rolls look delicious and I haven't had one in FOREVER... And.. sigh. I need to be roll free, lol. I never never never knew or relaized how sensitive my body is to sodium, either. No wonder my rings would hurt my hands after the chinese buffet, lol.. Sigh.

I get compliments now, so often.. and I know that I'm not done, so I'll be all 'oh, I still have Xlbs to go!' or 'thanks, I'm still on my journey!' and they will be all 'girl, you look fine!' so.. meh. Gotta pop my giant head and KEEP GOING! :D

I'm not Jo, lol, but I wore a bodymedia fit for about 20 months. I never lost at the rate that they said I should have. :)

runningfromfat
04-16-2012, 09:20 AM
Oh my gosh, you are so close! :cheer:
I know in my head a healthy BMI is my next goal, but I have to get to where you are :lol: I think I need to get to 159 to be there.
You must be so thrilled and motivated being so close!

It's a new week. No chocolate for this girl this week :nono:
I did manage to squeak 0.4 pound loss though and I will take that and bank it, it all adds up.

Thanks! It's really hard to believe that I'm this close. I just can't wait to say that I'm at a healthy BMI for the first time in over 8 years! I know I've probably reached healthy awhile back but then I don't have to hear any complaints about it, you know? ;)

Oh, and you're really not that far away either! Less than 10lbs is close in my book (even if weight loss is slow). Congrats on the half a pound of loss too, that just brings you one step closer. :carrot:

berryblondeboys
04-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Well, this month was a complete bust. TTOM arrived 2 days early and brought with it some water weight gain. Last month I got down to 168.0. This month 168.2.

But, I'm cutting out the sugars that have snuck back in a little into my diet and I'm going to see if that makes a difference with the scale and I'm going to move or do something EVERY SINGLE DAY and continue with adding in running with the C25k to mix things up a bit and add in more bike riding. Like not driving to the store, but biking there. Same with the post office.

Goal for this month (menstrual month - so Mid April to Mid May) is to get to 165. That's a modest goal. I SHOULD be able to do it!!!!

runningfromfat
04-16-2012, 10:04 AM
Well, this month was a complete bust. TTOM arrived 2 days early and brought with it some water weight gain. Last month I got down to 168.0. This month 168.2.

But, I'm cutting out the sugars that have snuck back in a little into my diet and I'm going to see if that makes a difference with the scale and I'm going to move or do something EVERY SINGLE DAY and continue with adding in running with the C25k to mix things up a bit and add in more bike riding. Like not driving to the store, but biking there. Same with the post office.

Goal for this month (menstrual month - so Mid April to Mid May) is to get to 165. That's a modest goal. I SHOULD be able to do it!!!!

Good luck, here's hoping that next month is better! FWIW, ever time I have a bad month, I always seems to have a nice whoosh the next month. ;)

fyreflie24
04-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Back on the bike this weekend; two 24ish mile rides, the second at a much faster pace. Ugh I hate hauling on the straightaways b/c then I have no reserve for climbing but hey, it's all a work in progress. Was hoping to see the benefit of burning over 2000 calories this weekend but alas, TOM has decided to come calling so I'll have to wait a bit longer... grrrr...

fyreflie24
04-16-2012, 01:38 PM
I really belong here now!

My nutritionist just upped my final goal based on my most recent body fat/body composition data. At 145 she estimates I'll be at 19.5% bodyfat. Um ok, we'll see. Since I can't lose 30 lbs by the time we go to the beach anyway, I figured, why not? Please pray to the weight loss gods with me that I can maintain 2 lbs a week and at least get pretty close!

berryblondeboys
04-16-2012, 02:30 PM
Back on the bike this weekend; two 24ish mile rides, the second at a much faster pace. Ugh I hate hauling on the straightaways b/c then I have no reserve for climbing but hey, it's all a work in progress. Was hoping to see the benefit of burning over 2000 calories this weekend but alas, TOM has decided to come calling so I'll have to wait a bit longer... grrrr...

I'm just starting to add some bike riding to my arsenal of things I do to get fitter and burn calories. What I'm doing though is purely 'utliltarian' in nature though.

Today I biked to the UPS store to ship some returns. Then to the Post office for more returns and then to my son's elementary school to volunteer for an hour and then back home. I just had lunch and now I'll head to the grocery store to pick up some groceries (with the bike). So far I have a bit more than 4 miles. It's not much, but it all adds up!

This is my bike set up = basket, rack with bag, and then the trailer with grocery bags (Burley Travoy):

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/IMG_0553.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/IMG_0554.jpg

I unhook the trailer for trips to the library and post office as I can use the bike rack for that stuff, but I can get a LOT of groceries with the trailer and side bags. My trip to the grocery store is all on paths through the city. Going to the post office and stuff I have to hit the road which I don't like as much. I just don't trust drivers very well!

rainydays
04-16-2012, 07:47 PM
Rainy!! OMG ONE MORE TO GO for this goal!!

I know, I'm super excited! Thanks! And congrats on your goal being shifted, 19.5% body fat is bad @$$! ;)

rainydays
04-16-2012, 07:51 PM
My birthday was the 11th and I was secretly hoping for birthday whoosh. It didn't happen :( :lol:

Congrats and Happy Birthday to my fellow Aries!

Thank you, and happy birthday to you as well! I honestly don't know where that big whoosh came from, but I can honestly say I swooned a bit and weighed three times to make sure it was accurate. Just craziness!

ValRock
04-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Yay, the scale is moving for me again!!

I moved my goal back up to 157. I'm honestly happy where I am... I've just got about 10 lbs of thigh fat I'd like to see GONE. We'll see if that gets me there. I'll move it back down if it doesn't. I'm back in a healthy BMI so I guess I'm just playing with vanity lbs now. We'll see!!!

You're all amazing!

rainydays
04-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Melissa, I really like your bike set up. I'm excited because I just got a new memory foam seat for mine, and my husband is getting a new one soon, the twins (6) just got new helmets, and we're getting one of the little trailer attachments for the baby so we can all hit the trails together this summer. It's going to be so fun!

3 friends and I are also going to start playing tennis casually soon (haven't done that since high school gym class over 10 years ago) so although I don't think a lot of calorie burn will occur, like you said, every little bit helps!

rainydays
04-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Yay, the scale is moving for me again!!

I moved my goal back up to 157. I'm honestly happy where I am... I've just got about 10 lbs of thigh fat I'd like to see GONE. We'll see if that gets me there. I'll move it back down if it doesn't. I'm back in a healthy BMI so I guess I'm just playing with vanity lbs now. We'll see!!!

You're all amazing!

Oh, I HEAR you! I wish I could lipo my thighs and put the fat back on my butt and boobs, where it all came off! :lol:

luckystreak
04-16-2012, 09:16 PM
I have about 10-20lbs to go and have been struggling somewhat. I know how to maintain at this weight but I really just want to be done now, you know? So I kind of need a bit of a push to finish this. ;)

So, is anybody with me? Would you be interested in a support thread for those at the end of a LONG journey (I've been at this over 1.5 years)?

Oh, and maybe some help with not buying all my wardrobe now, because I'm just sick of the baggy clothes... :lol:

I have the same 15lbs to lose, and holy not buying clothes is my biggest motivating factor, I just want to wear beautiful size 6 jeans.

fyreflie24
04-16-2012, 09:56 PM
berryblondeboys: omg that setup is awesome!

ValRock
04-16-2012, 10:34 PM
Holy sheist!!! I bought 2 pair of shorts in size 6 today! And they fit, as in they fit, not as in - I can get them on with massive muffin top - They honestly actually fit!!!! Totally stoked!!!

Hubby is visiting for the week. Keep me on track!!!!

pixelllate
04-16-2012, 10:38 PM
You all are doing so well! My weight hasn't budged in awhile =(
This weekend, I want to eat at maintenance and see if that will change things around? Its easier for me to do up cals in the weekend. Also by then my knee should start feeling better and I can start doing on strength training. I don't care HOW long this plateau is - I'm gonna keep trying in one way or other.

runningfromfat
04-17-2012, 02:17 PM
Congrats Val on the weight loss on getting on size 6 shorts, that's awesome!!!! :D I know you had a bit of a stall in between there, but hopefully there's more good things to come!

Melissa love the bike setup! I wish it was remotely save to bike ride here. :(

fyreflie24 wow, how did you measure your body fat%? You must be solid muscle!

pixelllate Definitely try to shake things up a bit. FWIW, any time I go back in weight loss mode after a maitenance break, I normally have a larger whoosh than usual. ;)

As for me, TOM showed up half a week early so no more drops anytime soon. :( I was really hoping to get closer to 155lbs by the end of this month. Just working on being patient. I've been doing really well this week getting exercise in so hopefully that will help!!

kateleestar
04-18-2012, 09:42 AM
Ah, my random nine day stretch at the same weight is over! Thank goodness, lol.. I was starting to think I would be 189.4 forEVER, lol. NINE DAYS! I was starting to have those 'oh, no, I'm stuck!' thoughts... EEK!

WHEW. :D

I ordered that zumba box dvd set offa Amazon, and let me tell you, I really enjoyed it. I take a class twice a week, and I love that, so I was hoping I would like the DVD. I did it once last night, and other than the fact everyone on it has a 6 pack, LOL, I liked it. I'm hoping this Zumba + elliptical thing can get me the rest of the way..

Gotta keep going! Have a good day everyone!!

Angelsmom
04-18-2012, 11:16 AM
Hello ladies,

I'd like to join you if that's alright? I have about 10 lbs to lose but I might go under that. It's been getting harder to lose every week, the lbs are sticking on for dear life :D
As for clothes, I won't buy anything new now. I have a vacation coming up in 8 weeks and hoping to fit in a size 4 comfortably. I haven't hit a plateau, I keep changing my calorie intake everyday and change my exercise. But it's still going slower than I like :stress:
Good luck to everyone! :)

kateleestar
04-18-2012, 11:21 AM
Hello! I'm Katie. And I think that's normal, the lbs hanging on for dear life... lol.

Welcome! :D

runningfromfat
04-18-2012, 12:09 PM
Katie congrats on finally seeing the scale budge! That's always a huge victory after a long wait. ;)

Angelsmom mine hold on for dear life too, that's why we're all here. :lol:

fyreflie24
04-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Weigh in tomorrow. Wish me luck! Had TOM all week so I have no idea what's going on and I'm getting antsy b/c I was hoping for a whooosh after burning 2,000 calories cycling this weekend!

Angelsmom
04-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Katie- thanks for the welcome! :)

Runningfromfat- :lol: I hear you.

I'd like to know what you girls are doing in form of exercise, diet? Are you doing what you did before or changed? :dizzy:

ValRock
04-18-2012, 05:54 PM
These last few do hang on for dear life, don't they?!!

I wish my stagnant stretches were ONLY 9 days!!! I'm happy if I get movement ever 21 days!

MadameZombie
04-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Oh I need this thread. Getting so tired of this second half of the journey. >.<

rainydays
04-18-2012, 09:29 PM
My longest stretch has been about a month, so I agree, while certainly still annoying, nine days isn't too bad.

Gotta work on my upper thighs, they're driving me batty. If anyone has some links/suggestions other than squats/lunges (already do 'em), that would much appreciated!

SoCalCowgirl
04-18-2012, 09:34 PM
ohhhh I like this thread, this is the exact point where I'm at right now! I've been on my diet for 11 months now and the final home stretch is just around the corner. I want these last few pounds OFF but their so stubborn! I"ve lost everywhere but my thighs and butt, and I think that's where these last few pounds will come off from, thankfully i'm starting to notice my butt is getting smaller but just these last few pounds are so frustrating. All I want to do is just see my dream number of 115 on the scale.

Angelsmom
04-19-2012, 09:32 AM
Hello :wave:

My longest stretch has been 8 days, I guess it's not too bad.
Socalcowgirl- That's exactly where my last few lbs are, and it's so annoying! I hardly have any fat left in my upper body except a little on my tummy, so I figure they have to start coming off from my thighs ( I hope)

I read that lunges gives more bulk to legs, and the good workout would be running.. I'm not sure I haven't tried.

fyreflie24
04-19-2012, 09:34 AM
Gotta work on my upper thighs, they're driving me batty. If anyone has some links/suggestions other than squats/lunges (already do 'em), that would much appreciated!

Have you tried something like Pilates? My husband thinks all the yoga is really helping my legs as they look better at this weight as they have when I was here before. Pilates is a kissing cousin. Just a thought; different kind of muscle development/movement.

kateleestar
04-19-2012, 10:18 AM
My longest stretch has been about a month, so I agree, while certainly still annoying, nine days isn't too bad.

LOL, 9 days is one of the shortest stretches I've had... I was at 200.2 for nearly a month, and 220 for 4 months. :lol:

Oh well... Sooooon enough, and I'll be back on the downward progress. I'm just so close to 100 lost that I'm like, .. craving it or something, lol. I need to refocus on something else, like how I look smaller and stuff, instead of that 100 number.

Grr, lol.

berryblondeboys
04-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Hey all. While I'm laid up with injuries - neck seems to be getting better (didn't get a headache yesterday). Shoulder is better with rest, but I can tell that's going to be awhile. Should be able to start running/walking again though this weekend. - I'm dropping my calories a bit. So far so good.

TTOM weight is coming off and I'm 170.0 on the nose today. I'll probably go over 170 again (if I come down from there) when I hit ovulation, but that should be the last time I EVER go over it again. I hate that number so bad right now!!! Been in the 170s for what seems like FOREVER. Grrrr...

I have my physical today. Had a repeat mammogram yesterday and then needed a sonogram, but it all looks good. Now hoping my blood work is OK. I'm a bit nervous on that one since my sugar intake was higher these past few months.

And I don't know if I want it to be OK or not... if it says it's OK, then it might feel like I have more freedom to eat sugars even though I "don't" need them and they make me gain water weight like mad, but... it's hard to say 'no' to all sugars too.

Big test this weekend is that it's my 6 year old's birthday. I am going to try sooooooo hard to not sample and resample and resample the icing. Making cakes and cookies have been my detriment the last few months. I can resist made cookies and cakes - but not the batter and dough - yum!

berryblondeboys
04-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Back from the doctor - most of if is good news - I guess. Blood sugars and cholesterol are better and better with no risk factors at all - phew!

But blood pressure is up, 158/90 and I'm slightly anemic and my thyroid is still low (and probably causing the blood pressure issues as that was my #1 symptom before). However, my doctor thinks my thyroid is fine (4.2) as the lab says anything under 4.5 is OK. ALLLLL research says under 3.0 and specialists will say closer to 1.0, so I didn't bring it up with him. I'll just find an endocrinologist and move on.

Happy to see the blood sugars issue are no longer an issue. Fasting was 83 and A1C was 5.1. Cholesterol was 189 with a good breakdown. All of those things were BAD, BAD, BAD 16 months ago. So, of that I'm happy, but I'm not happy that I still don't have my thyroid issue resolved.

rainydays
04-19-2012, 03:58 PM
fyre, I have, but I should do it more often! Thanks for the suggestion :)
I also can't wait til it's nicer so I can get out on my bike.

rainydays
04-19-2012, 10:25 PM
Melissa, congrats on the better numbers, and good luck with the thyroid!

runningfromfat
04-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Back from the doctor - most of if is good news - I guess. Blood sugars and cholesterol are better and better with no risk factors at all - phew!

But blood pressure is up, 158/90 and I'm slightly anemic and my thyroid is still low (and probably causing the blood pressure issues as that was my #1 symptom before). However, my doctor thinks my thyroid is fine (4.2) as the lab says anything under 4.5 is OK. ALLLLL research says under 3.0 and specialists will say closer to 1.0, so I didn't bring it up with him. I'll just find an endocrinologist and move on.

Happy to see the blood sugars issue are no longer an issue. Fasting was 83 and A1C was 5.1. Cholesterol was 189 with a good breakdown. All of those things were BAD, BAD, BAD 16 months ago. So, of that I'm happy, but I'm not happy that I still don't have my thyroid issue resolved.

Yay for the better blood sugar numbers but I'm sorry to hear that the thydoid isn't where you'd like it to be. Let us know how the visit to the endocrinologist goes.

runningfromfat
04-25-2012, 10:45 AM
How's everyone doing? TOM is still here so nothing new from my end just trying to be patient. I'm so hoping that before my next TOM I hit 155lbs. :crossed:

rainydays
04-25-2012, 10:54 AM
TOM here too. Really trying to focus on toning at this point. As soon as TOM is done (another day or two), I'm going to get serious about alternating pilates and level 3 of 30DS. For cardio, I'm going to focus on running a little farther each time I'm on the treadmill, and as soon as it's nice enough, the bike is coming out. It's been nice sporadically here and there, but mostly raining. I'm glad the semester is nearly over, this has been a long one. In May, I'll have a lot more time to work on toning, which'll be great since I can't wait to go swimming this summer. How is everyone else?

kateleestar
04-25-2012, 12:20 PM
Wow, do I ever wish that eating on plan and working out daily would have SOME SORT OF EFFECT ON MY WEIGHT.

Sigh. :mad:

Angelsmom
04-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Runningfromfat- good luck , I hope you'll reach 155 too!
Rainydays- I'm doing 30D level 3, started today actually and I hate it :lol: but im planning to do the whole thing.
Kate- hang in there, stay strong :)

I went down a pound yesterday so I'm happy with that :woohoo: this took about 10 days and I hope the next pound loss wont take so long.
Good luck to everyone

berryblondeboys
04-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Well, this shoulder injury is really bumming me out. My neck, I think is finally better, but my shoulder pain is still lingering- better, but not gone. I'm doing a lot of walking today and will add some running tomorrow to ease back into things as I've done NOTHING for a week. I hate feeling like I'm standing still and there goes the goal of getting to 165 this menstrual month. There is NO WAY that is going to happen in the next 2.5 weeks. Like impossible. UGH!!!

It's like I feel my end goal weight and timeline desires slipping further and further away.

jomatho
04-25-2012, 03:28 PM
Hi, just checking up on everyone.
Not much to report here either, TOM just started and I hope that after it is gone maybe I will see the scale move again. I have actually avoided the scale for the last few days and it has been liberating not having that number "weigh" me down.
Thankfully my awful mood from last week has lifted and I feel much better, other than this bag of water in my gut :lol:

Angelsmom, congrats on that pound and I hope the next one is soon to follow!

Kate, it will happen, you are doing so great! Just know that most of us are right there with you!

Rainydays, sounds like a good plan coming up. I have yet to get out my bike too and also look forward to swimming this summer.

Running, crossing fingers :crossed: with you that you get a big whoosh this month!

Berry, that sucks to be injured! I went through being laid up for a month recently. I wonder if your shoulder pain is related to the neck injury. The nerves from your neck travel to the shoulder and down the arms. My walking partner had terrible shoulder pain when she had a bulging disk at C5 that was pinching on the nerves. Congrats on your blood work! I'd say if tweaking the thyroid is all you need, then that is awesome news.

Angelsmom
04-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Jomatho- Happy for you that you feel much better, and I hope that the scale will move after TOM :)
Berry- sorry to hear about the shoulder injury, get well soon :hug:

After having the scale stuck for ten days it moved down a pound as I said before. I thought it will probably take another 10 days if I'm lucky for another pound drop, but I weighed in a pound less today! :woohoo: I hope I'll reach my goal before 6/20 that's when I'll be traveling.
Good luck to everyone :)

runningfromfat
04-26-2012, 10:03 PM
Jomatho- Happy for you that you feel much better, and I hope that the scale will move after TOM :)
Berry- sorry to hear about the shoulder injury, get well soon :hug:

After having the scale stuck for ten days it moved down a pound as I said before. I thought it will probably take another 10 days if I'm lucky for another pound drop, but I weighed in a pound less today! :woohoo: I hope I'll reach my goal before 6/20 that's when I'll be traveling.
Good luck to everyone :)

Good job on the whoosh!!

berryblondeboys
04-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Well, tomorrow I'm going to try step after only walking and bike riding for the last 10 or so days. It's amazing how FAST time flies when you don't exercise. Well, what I mean is, I "feel" exercising 10 days in a row. I don't think I've ever managed to do it. But skipping 10 days? EASY! No wonder I got so fat!

I do miss it though. I've been walking once the headaches diminished, but it's not the same.

Angelsmom
04-27-2012, 07:30 AM
Runningfromfat- thank you! Good luck with the scale :)

runningfromfat
04-27-2012, 07:54 AM
Melissa- I really hope everything goes well with your shoulder injury. Take it slow and ease back into it. It's never fun with an injury but I'm sure once you get back into routine everything will get back to normal quickly.

runningfromfat
04-28-2012, 08:58 AM
Just had a 2lb whoosh and am now at 156lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!! So close to a healthy BMI, I can't believe it!!!!! :carrot:

fyreflie24
04-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Running: KEEP IT UP GIRL! My actual body fat is 27.5... my nutritionist is using two calculations but this is the most accurate b/c it uses my thigh measurement as well.

The bodyfat is decreasing but the scale isn't! I got TOM few weeks back and it's just been a struggle! I'm in maintenance mode and need to be pushing! I biked two days a few weeks back and the scale is still staying still. ugh. Damned 160s be gone! I would really like at least 10 lbs in the next 7 weeks but we'll see. Not sure how to break the cycle.

I did yoga assistant training last weekend and I've been exhausted all damned week! Not sure if it's b/c my eating has been a bit off or what but I'm so tired, physically and emotionally. Only practiced twice this week which is very odd for me. My nutritionist said to take a break and I keep breaking LOL Might try a bit of home practice today, just to do some moving, and should be cycling tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Kinda pigged out a bit on Thurs night so really need to get it together so my Thurs weigh in isn't a disaster!

Steph7409
04-28-2012, 03:43 PM
running, congrats on the whoosh! I had a brief glimpse of 144 last week but am back up to 145-146. I'm just barely clinging to a normal BMI, now that I've realized I'm shorter than I used to be.

I went clothes shopping yesterday and it wasn't too horrible. I'm still a large in tops but I bought 3 dresses in size 12, so that was nice. Now that I've lost a bunch of weight and am wearing a better bra, it turns out I have much larger breasts than I thought - it's a little weird! The dresses I bought are sleeveless but came with shrugs so they're really quite flattering. I'm looking forward to wearing them, if the weather here ever warms up.

Looks like we're all getting some good practice at being patient. Good luck, all!

fyreflie24
04-30-2012, 12:00 PM
So last night I got my skinny jeans on last night... barely but they're on! 20 lbs heavier than when I bought them so there's a testimony for changing your body composition!

kateleestar
04-30-2012, 12:30 PM
Thanks all... I know that if I stay on plan SOMEDAY I'll have something to show for it, LOL. Someday....

Sigh.

And: YEY RUNNING!!

LAgreeneyes
04-30-2012, 02:31 PM
I would like to join in. I think some of my weight is in my breast and I need breast reduction surgery BADLY! I could just cry. But I shall march on and try to lose these last 20 lbs.

Angelsmom
04-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Running- so happy for you, keep it up! :carrot:
Greeneyes- the last pounds are the hardest, but you can do it! :)
Fyre- I tried my skinny jeans a few days ago they're tight but fit, so a few more pounds should do the trick :lol:

LAgreeneyes
04-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Do you all think that running and walking will shed my belly fat? I have a muffin top and it looks horrible. I guess I"ll have to do ab exercises.

fyreflie24
04-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Fyre- I tried my skinny jeans a few days ago they're tight but fit, so a few more pounds should do the trick :lol:

That's my prognosis too! :) Five maybe? You know I'm going to be trying those bad boys on like every pound!

kateleestar
05-01-2012, 08:44 AM
Ah, down a full pound from yesterday... whew. I want to get past these upper 180's... the "ends" of the lb decades always seem to be easier for me than the starts.

Keep going everyone! :D

Angelsmom
05-01-2012, 04:45 PM
That's my prognosis too! :) Five maybe? You know I'm going to be trying those bad boys on like every pound!

I do that to a lot of my skinny clothes, it drives me crazy when I lose a lb and they don't fit better :dizzy:

Kate- congrats on the lb loss. Keep it up! :)

liliesinmycereal
05-02-2012, 08:45 AM
I feel like I've fallen off the wagon... I can't lose a pound and keep it off. I know what to do but it just doesn't seem to be coming together for me. My real adjusting to living with someone else is not working out too well in the eating department and I only have myself to blame because I'm been emotionally eating. If I could make it into the 130s for good I'd be happy... I'm not going to stress over the 120s and lower just yet..

fyreflie24
05-02-2012, 09:42 AM
I feel like I've fallen off the wagon... I can't lose a pound and keep it off. I know what to do but it just doesn't seem to be coming together for me. My real adjusting to living with someone else is not working out too well in the eating department and I only have myself to blame because I'm been emotionally eating. If I could make it into the 130s for good I'd be happy... I'm not going to stress over the 120s and lower just yet..

That's been me for the past month! Scale not really doing much, had some slips but ironically I was still losing bodyfat! So hang in there... this too shall end. :)

fyreflie24
05-02-2012, 09:44 AM
GUESS WHO SPORTED SOME SKINNY JEANS YESTERDAY?

Yea that would be me :) I'm stoked that I'm going to need NEW skinny jeans in another 18 lbs! I'm looking at a obscenely expensive pair of True Religions. I call that my maintenance plan :) They get too small and I gotta get right back on the wagon!

Did measurements today too.

Area Starting Current
Hips 46.25 39
thighs 29.75 24.75
Waist 35.25 29

it's getting there huh? :) Trying to find anything and everything to get me through this last 18 lbs!

LAgreeneyes
05-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Can a person lose inches and not weight? The scale is not moving but I see the my stomach is deflating. I am slowly but surely losing the belly fat.

rainydays
05-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Rainydays- I'm doing 30D level 3, started today actually and I hate it :lol: but im planning to do the whole thing.

Oh yes, Jillian is brutal. Looking back, you won't think level one was bad at all! ;)

rainydays
05-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Can a person lose inches and not weight? The scale is not moving but I see the my stomach is deflating. I am slowly but surely losing the belly fat.

Absolutely. Back when I first joined 3fc, I was losing inches to fit into my wedding dress, so I exclusively measured. I was focusing more on exercise than diet back then, so inches came off much faster than pounds. This time around, my focus has been on both, but I have less time to exercise, so it's been more about calorie intake. This has been much faster, but I'm afraid I've lost some muscle--so I have to figure out how to get in back! (The obvious answer is strength training, just have to figure out a good plan for me).

Anyway, seems like almost everyone has been doing great with whooshes and skinny jeans and recovering from injuries and whatnot. Great job! For those struggling, give it time, and try to shake things up a little if you can. You know you can do this, that's how you got this far to begin with!

AFM, weighed in at 145.2 a few days ago. I'm losing much slower now, but my calories are at 1450 as opposed to 1200. This is my pre-maintenance plan. I'm eating more than what's needed for rapid loss, but less than maintenance calories, and really trying to focus on exercise/toning. I'm pretty happy with where I am, so I want the last 10 pounds to come off slowly, and I'm hoping I can sort of direct it by weight training/sculpting along the way. It's liberating to not have to worry as much about calorie intake and to focus more on strength! :D

Hope you all have a great week!

LAgreeneyes
05-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Absolutely. Back when I first joined 3fc, I was losing inches to fit into my wedding dress, so I exclusively measured. I was focusing more on exercise than diet back then, so inches came off much faster than pounds. This time around, my focus has been on both, but I have less time to exercise, so it's been more about calorie intake. This has been much faster, but I'm afraid I've lost some muscle--so I have to figure out how to get in back! (The obvious answer is strength training, just have to figure out a good plan for me).

Anyway, seems like almost everyone has been doing great with whooshes and skinny jeans and recovering from injuries and whatnot. Great job! For those struggling, give it time, and try to shake things up a little if you can. You know you can do this, that's how you got this far to begin with!

AFM, weighed in at 145.2 a few days ago. I'm losing much slower now, but my calories are at 1450 as opposed to 1200. This is my pre-maintenance plan. I'm eating more than what's needed for rapid loss, but less than maintenance calories, and really trying to focus on exercise/toning. I'm pretty happy with where I am, so I want the last 10 pounds to come off slowly, and I'm hoping I can sort of direct it by weight training/sculpting along the way. It's liberating to not have to worry as much about calorie intake and to focus more on strength! :D

Hope you all have a great week!

Great information. Thank you for your input. I appreciate that. You are the 3rd person who has told me about strength training. I have a book that I am reserving at our local library about strength training, so I hope this helps me. My stomach and flabby arms is what needs the most help. I really want 6 pack abs but I'll settle for 4 pack abs. Anything is better than a 3 liter ab/stomach. LOL

jomatho
05-02-2012, 12:04 PM
LAgreeneyes, I generally see inches go before I see the results on the scale. As a matter of fact, when I am losing a lot of inches, the scale is sometimes stalled.
Another thing I notice before the scale moves is that the fat tends to get "squishier" for lack of a better word. Like looser or lumpier, or not as dense, just squishier :lol:

berryblondeboys
05-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Well, I changed my end weight again. My husband said the 155 wasn't realistic and he's probably right. He said maybe if I was 20, then maybe, but at 42 I can't expect to weigh what I would have ideally weighed at a much younger age.

In the end, we'll see, but the weight is coming off at a sickeningly slow speed now. I'm right in the middle of my ovulation gain but this month it's not going quite as high as last month, so I'm hoping in the end it will mean that I might have a new low.

I measure once a month and I think I lost a WEE little bit for this month, but a wee bit - like 1/4 of an inch everywhere. But, I haven't given up and I'm chugging along and will get to my goal eventually. Basically, I think I'm settling into my maintenance weight.

jomatho
05-02-2012, 12:09 PM
So I finally got on the scale this morning and am back into the friggin 170s (171), darn it.
I had a bad weekend, not terrible, but enough to do some damage, I guess.
This is the week after TOM too, the week I usually see the biggest loss of the month, sigh.
I do have some DOMS from weight lifting this week, so I am hoping a little of that is water weight.
All I can do is stay the course and wait for things to get back to normal.
I just have to shout out that

"I HATE THE 170'S WITH A PASSION!!!!!!"

LAgreeneyes
05-02-2012, 12:11 PM
LAgreeneyes, I generally see inches go before I see the results on the scale. As a matter of fact, when I am losing a lot of inches, the scale is sometimes stalled.
Another thing I notice before the scale moves is that the fat tends to get "squishier" for lack of a better word. Like looser or lumpier, or not as dense, just squishier :lol:

Thank you for your input. I'm beginning to feel better since I am not alone. The scale has been stalled for 1 week now. I usually have weekly losses but not this week. I started the C25K program last week which is when I started to see my belly melt down. I guess we can't have everything. LOL. I want the belly gone and the scale to go down too. I will be patient and continue to work on my belly fat by walking and running.

jomatho
05-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Thank you for your input. I'm beginning to feel better since I am not alone. The scale has been stalled for 1 week now. I usually have weekly losses but not this week. I started the C25K program last week which is when I started to see my belly melt down. I guess we can't have everything. LOL. I want the belly gone and the scale to go down too. I will be patient and continue to work on my belly fat by walking and running.

If you just started that last week, you could be holding some water in your large muscles (butt, legs) while also burning off fat and it is just coming out even on the scale. It will show up. One week is frustrating, but certainly normal!

LAgreeneyes
05-02-2012, 12:27 PM
If you just started that last week, you could be holding some water in your large muscles (butt, legs) while also burning off fat and it is just coming out even on the scale. It will show up. One week is frustrating, but certainly normal!

Thank you. I will be positive and patient and wait for my reward at the end. :carrot:

berryblondeboys
05-02-2012, 02:27 PM
So I finally got on the scale this morning and am back into the friggin 170s (171), darn it.
I had a bad weekend, not terrible, but enough to do some damage, I guess.
This is the week after TOM too, the week I usually see the biggest loss of the month, sigh.
I do have some DOMS from weight lifting this week, so I am hoping a little of that is water weight.
All I can do is stay the course and wait for things to get back to normal.
I just have to shout out that

"I HATE THE 170'S WITH A PASSION!!!!!!"

You are singing my song Jomatho. My scale said 171.0 this morning too. Every time I dip back up into them I just want to scream. Here's hope it's the LAST TIME (MONTH) we see it!!!

LAgreeneyes
05-02-2012, 03:16 PM
I was at 180 last week and this week is my "time of the month", so I am up to 182. I can't kick those 2 lbs for nothing. I know it's because of my cycle but I really, really, really need those 2 lbs gone, so that I can work on that 3rd lb so that I can be 179.

jomatho
05-02-2012, 08:09 PM
You are singing my song Jomatho. My scale said 171.0 this morning too. Every time I dip back up into them I just want to scream. Here's hope it's the LAST TIME (MONTH) we see it!!!

Amen Sister!

kateleestar
05-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Dear 187... Please leave. I don't hate you as much as 188, because I didn't see you as long, or as much as 189.4, because that was more heckish, but.. man, I've got things to DO and you being around STILL isn't helping me at all.

Please pack your things, pick up the rest of the 180's, and go. Thanks.

All my love, Katie.

Steph7409
05-03-2012, 11:23 AM
It's funny how a certain weight is just so annoying. I was happy with 147, because it gave me a good cushion from 150. But 145 is driving me nuts, because it's not close enough to 140 to be satisfying. I saw 143.8 for a brief moment a week ago but didn't work hard enough to stay there.

rainydays
05-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Ugh, I need motivation today! I have a lot to accomplish today, and a long workout would be a great way to start out...just need to summon my motivation!

fyreflie24
05-03-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm in the same boat ladies. I've been in the 160s seemingly FOREVER! I'm really working to be done with them in the next 10-14 days. The my last decade to work through (the 150) and then, HOPEFULLY I'll settle somewhere in the 140s! So ready... so... SO ready!

rainydays
05-04-2012, 12:04 AM
Ended up with 20 minutes on the stationary bike and 40 minutes of yoga today. I'm happy with that. Weighing in in the morning, and would like to see a few ounces gone.

kateleestar
05-04-2012, 08:27 AM
So ready... so... SO ready!

This, exactly. It seems as though at this point we've been doing this so long that we just want to be done with it and move into maint... know what I mean? That's how I feel, exactly, Fyre. :)

Whew.

And, ooo, I lost 2 ounces yesterday! :lol: Although, I did have pasta last night... and it was delicious! :carrot:

I randomly started running the other day.. Like, I was on my treadmill walking.. let me start at the beginning. So I did my 20min Zumba dvd, then I go upstairs to my little gym and I did 15 mins on my elliptical and then I wanted to get some more steps in for the day (we have a competition at work, lol) and so I got on it, and I was walking away at like, speed 3ish and I'm walking along watch Golden Girls on the DVR and suddenly I feel compelled to go faster. So I punch it up to 4.2, which, for my short little legs, its pretty good clip... and I totall ran for like 15 mins. This time last year, I could not have done that. And I felt AWESOMETASTIC after. Hhm. I wanted to be a runner, but trying to acutally run at like, 260 proved difficult and it kind of turned me off to it, but.. 187 apparently, lol, is a whole different boat. And I loved it. So... I'm thinking I might start C25K again. I like 5k's... because of the tshirts. LOL. And I want to do the Akron Marathon relay team thing this year... I think that would be so cool.

Thanks for reading my random thoughts... please feel free to give any suggestions or advice.. or smack me. :lol:

fyreflie24
05-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Rainydays: yay yoga :)

Kate: GO FOR IT GIRL! Having a sport or a vocation (for me it's yoga) has really helped the activity part of this journey have meaning and helps it 'stick'. I'm excited to see what you'll do with running! C25K is a great program!

Angelsmom
05-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Kate- you should totally do C25k! :carrot:

So the scale is stuck again.. :( it's TOM but I expected at least a pound! I haven't lost anything in 9 days :stress:
Hope everyone is doing better than I am, good luck :)

kateleestar
05-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Thanks ladies... I've tried it before, and given up... That was before, I tried at 260ish and again at 240/230ish.. I think I'll be okay this time because a) I wont be the 'fat chick' at the 5k's, lol.. and b) its so much easier. It didnt even seem like I was running last night. Weird. I guess I'll get that app back off the cloud and give it another go. Might as well, lol...

Besides, running supposedly is not only good for your cardio health, but it helps with 'belly fat'.. and that's really the only place I'm looking, well, fat.. :lol: ... :D Darn my apple shape. ;)

jomatho
05-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Thanks ladies... I've tried it before, and given up... That was before, I tried at 260ish and again at 240/230ish.. I think I'll be okay this time because a) I wont be the 'fat chick' at the 5k's, lol.. and b) its so much easier. It didnt even seem like I was running last night. Weird. I guess I'll get that app back off the cloud and give it another go. Might as well, lol...

Besides, running supposedly is not only good for your cardio health, but it helps with 'belly fat'.. and that's really the only place I'm looking, well, fat.. :lol: ... :D Darn my apple shape. ;)

I just read that too, that running is the best way to get rid of visceral fat, which is the dangerous fat that surrounds the organs. Good job!

chel3fsea
05-04-2012, 11:52 AM
18 pounds to go until I hit 170. It's the end of the school year so my mind is on other things...like writing four papers within the next week! It's hard to eat well and be healthy/active when you're busy and stressed, but I know that eating well and being active are the only things that would take this stress away!!! Can't wait until next Thursday when everything is officially turned in and ALL over!

rainydays
05-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Fyre, yeah, I really enjoyed it! I've done a little here and there, but not much thus far. I want to do more pilates as well. I don't know if it was the yoga or what :lol:, but the couple of ounces that I wanted to see gone ended up being a couple of pounds! Whoo hoo-- 8.2 lbs left to goal! I can't believe it...

fyreflie24
05-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Fyre, Whoo hoo-- 8.2 lbs left to goal! I can't believe it...

YOU GOT THIS!!!!

Steph7409
05-04-2012, 09:19 PM
rainydays, how exciting for you! You've done an amazing job at meeting all your goals.

rainydays
05-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Thanks ladies! I'm having a maintenance calorie day today. It's been a long, busy, stressful, crazy week, and I'm having some wine :) I know it'll probably slow me down for a few days, but that's okay!

Angelsmom
05-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Rainy- congrats on the loss! :)

I also lost 2 lbs! :D I'm so happy, the scale was stuck for a while.
Good luck everyone

fyreflie24
05-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Thanks ladies! I'm having a maintenance calorie day today.

I love that you call it a 'maintenance' calorie day. I just starting using that too. Not cheat or treat... just a normal day. I don't know why but it just normalizes it for me, makes it not a big deal. I think when I think 'cheat' I have a binge reaction... it's silly but hey, it's a lot head game right?;)

berryblondeboys
05-05-2012, 02:34 PM
I have had several "maintenance" calorie days and I realize that what I consider a high calorie day is just that - a maintenance calorie day. I rarely eat over that and well, eating at maintenance feels FINE. I don't feel deprived. I sometimes forget that I am eating at a deficit normally and that of course, my body will notice it/feel it!

As for me, I'm beginning to come down off my ovulation weight gain. I guess I should be happy that it didn't go as high as last month and it gives me slight hope that I might see a slight loss this month (after two months of nothing).

fyreflie24
05-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Katie: I tried to start Yoga when I was about 220 and it was ROUGH! Partly because I wasn't in a place that really understood what it meant to be starting a practice at that weight but now, it's like a real practice! I'm still building strength, always will be, but it's night and day so I'm excited to see you start running and feel the difference!

rainydays
05-06-2012, 11:11 PM
Thanks, and congrats Angelsmom!

Fyre and Berry--definitely a head game, as those of us who have been doing this a long time and are in the final stretch are all too aware of! However, that's exactly it--why torture ourselves by calling it cheating? How is eating normally cheating?? It's not. It's just something we have to get used to. :)

kateleestar
05-07-2012, 09:59 AM
I just read that too, that running is the best way to get rid of visceral fat, which is the dangerous fat that surrounds the organs. Good job!

Thanks!! So I started the C25K... And I did W1D1... and it was the most boring thing ever, I wasn't winded at all! LOL. So on saturday I said, self - lets skip to week two! And.. it wasn't hard either. So Sunday I did W4D1 and that was great! :lol: I ran 6 mins straight yesterday!

So I'm on W4D2 today. And I'll keep on keeping on. I signed up for a 1 mile fun run on Memorial Day and I should be able to run for like, 10 or 12 mins by then, I'm thinking. :crossed: If not, I'll be better off than when I tried to do it last year, LOL.

Katie: I tried to start Yoga when I was about 220 and it was ROUGH! Partly because I wasn't in a place that really understood what it meant to be starting a practice at that weight but now, it's like a real practice! I'm still building strength, always will be, but it's night and day so I'm excited to see you start running and feel the difference!

It's really great! I wanted to run before but I just really couldn't. I mean, I could have, but it wasn't as easy and I wasn't nearly as comforatable being the big girl gasping for air, lol. Now, I'm the medium size girl breathing a little hard and not gasping quite as much. It's a goal I have to run a 1/2 marathon, be it next year if we don't have a baby or in 2014 - post kid.

YOU GOT THIS RAINY!!!

jomatho
05-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Thanks!! So I started the C25K... And I did W1D1... and it was the most boring thing ever, I wasn't winded at all! LOL. So on saturday I said, self - lets skip to week two! And.. it wasn't hard either. So Sunday I did W4D1 and that was great! :lol: I ran 6 mins straight yesterday!

So I'm on W4D2 today. And I'll keep on keeping on. I signed up for a 1 mile fun run on Memorial Day and I should be able to run for like, 10 or 12 mins by then, I'm thinking. :crossed: If not, I'll be better off than when I tried to do it last year, LOL.

It's really great! I wanted to run before but I just really couldn't. I mean, I could have, but it wasn't as easy and I wasn't nearly as comforatable being the big girl gasping for air, lol. Now, I'm the medium size girl breathing a little hard and not gasping quite as much. It's a goal I have to run a 1/2 marathon, be it next year if we don't have a baby or in 2014 - post kid.

YOU GOT THIS RAINY!!!

I have used that program before with success, many years ago, but this time around, at 230# I just started running because I found it boring too. I made it 2 miles the first day, but I took it very very slowly. If I needed to walk for 10 seconds to catch my breath, I did. Depending on your cardiovascular fitness, it may be just as easy for you to just set a goal to run a mile or two and go for it!
I was a pretty fit person in a pretty fat body! I just ate too much :lol:
And it is much easier running now without that 60 pound "fat suit" on that I was "wearing"! I'd like to get this other 20-25# "fat suit" off too and see what that feels like!
I have to say, I did have a personal best for speed doing my HIIT today! :woohoo: I love PBs!

jomatho
05-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Oh my, some of you are so close to goal! Rainydays and Berry are on the last 8 or 9 pounds???!!! Wow! I am so jealous!
I can't see tickers now that I am responding, but I think Running is getting close too right? Who else?
Katie and I have about the same to go yet. I hope there doesn't come a day when I am the only one left on the 10-20 pounds to go thread :rofl: That would be my friggin luck. All I can do is laugh :lol3: to keep from crying :stress:

kateleestar
05-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Lol Jo... I'll be here. I'm a slow loser.. Or, I'll loose 5lbs in a week and then not anything for another month. :lol: Oh well. Gotta keep going!

:)

MissD
05-07-2012, 03:02 PM
May I join you? I have 16lb left to go, and am struggling. I need just one last push!

fyreflie24
05-07-2012, 07:13 PM
May I join you? I have 16lb left to go, and am struggling. I need just one last push!

Of course! Welcome!;):hug::carrot:

runningfromfat
05-08-2012, 05:14 PM
I really should check in here. Nothing new to report, though. Just sticking to the diet and exercise. I have been able to work out more this week due to a few temporary schedule changes so that's been nice! However, my sports bra is currently getting its hooks replaces by the seamstress so until Saturday I'll be only swimming. :(

Oh, and today I AM SO FREAKING HUNGRY! Can't figure out what it is. :( It's like I just can't manage to eat enough food. I've been making sure that it's healthy food that I'm eating but nothing fills me up! Annoying.

caramelkitty
05-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Im dreading eating food because I feel so guilty that it's not helping the last 16 come off. I know that's completely ridiculous but I can't help feel that way. Which in return makes food taste bad, or I just don't enjoy it.

I just want it to be over with so I can go off on my new maintaining journey of eating realistic foods within calorie limits.

Plus I really want pizza. LOL Sorry, I'm cranky.

LAgreeneyes
05-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Im dreading eating food because I feel so guilty that it's not helping the last 16 come off. I know that's completely ridiculous but I can't help feel that way. Which in return makes food taste bad, or I just don't enjoy it.

I just want it to be over with so I can go off on my new maintaining journey of eating realistic foods within calorie limits.

Plus I really want pizza. LOL Sorry, I'm cranky.

I'm the same way, I'm really don't want to eat any food. That is why I'm doing another Juice Cleanse to see if I can get a least 10 lbs off.

berryblondeboys
05-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Oh my, some of you are so close to goal! Rainydays and Berry are on the last 8 or 9 pounds???!!! Wow! I am so jealous!
I can't see tickers now that I am responding, but I think Running is getting close too right? Who else?
Katie and I have about the same to go yet. I hope there doesn't come a day when I am the only one left on the 10-20 pounds to go thread :rofl: That would be my friggin luck. All I can do is laugh :lol3: to keep from crying :stress:

I'm only close because I decided on giving up on 155. I think each person's idea of their goal is different. Mine is just to get my body fat under 25% at this point.

berryblondeboys
05-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Just doing a quick check in to let everyone know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. We are deep in getting our vacation together (and when money's tight, planning is more creative) and also gearing up for my new part-time job and gearing down for my other job for the season and school. I've just been incredibly busy, but I'm here , plugging along. Saw under 170 on the scale this mornign (again). That was nice at least.

Steph7409
05-08-2012, 10:15 PM
berry, those glimpses of a lower weight are great, aren't they? For me, it's a reminder that it's physically possible for me to weigh x.

I haven't lost anything this month but I've been exercising a lot and doing a lot of gardening, so I feel good about being active. I just bought The New Rules of Lifting for Women and am excited about changing up my decades-old weight-lifting routine.

toastedsmoke
05-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Oooh can I join in? I had to put my plan on hold for a bit but I'm better now and ready to get back on track! I'm currently at 157 lbs but would like to get down to 140 by the end of the year. So 17 lbs in 7 months?

I was working out really hard up till February but I've had to scale back in intensity a lot. It feels weird to just walk when I'm used to running or do modified low impact versions when I'm used to jumping around. I went for a jog on Friday and it felt good in a cardiovascular sense but my surgery incision site was really hurt afterwards. I don't know what that's about! I might just go back to Leslie's WATP for the time being.

berryblondeboys
05-09-2012, 08:42 AM
I about kissed my scale this morning - saw a new all time low FINALLY. It had been two months since I got to 168.0. Last month it only got to 168.8. TOday it got to 167.6 and my post ovulation whoosh shouldn't be over yet. If I make it to 165 you might here me screaming all across Maryland.

And yes, it would be mighty tempting to just not EAT for the last few pounds, but I know that would only be a temporary solution as I would surely gain that weight back.

kateleestar
05-09-2012, 09:04 AM
I about kissed my scale this morning - saw a new all time low FINALLY. It had been two months since I got to 168.0. Last month it only got to 168.8. TOday it got to 167.6 and my post ovulation whoosh shouldn't be over yet. If I make it to 165 you might here me screaming all across Maryland.

GOOD JOB!!! It's so motivating to see lower numbers.. You are so close! YEY!

And yes, it would be mighty tempting to just not EAT for the last few pounds, but I know that would only be a temporary solution as I would surely gain that weight back.

This! Totally totally agree. I keep thinking 'self, if I eat like, 1,000 cals a day I can make my goal on time.' and then my brain kicks in and is all 'silly, it won't change a thing in the long run. Just keep going!'

Sigh. SOON enough. :D

I saw a new low today too... finally down to 186. Without doing any "business" this morning, either! Yippie. Gotta keep going! :)

ETA, lol... I also sit here in size 10 jeans... So that's pretty cool too. The 12's were falling off'a me. Although, I'm back to 'I only have one pair of pants.' land now.. Which, is good and bad. :lol:

berryblondeboys
05-09-2012, 09:50 AM
I saw a new low today too... finally down to 186. Without doing any "business" this morning, either! Yippie. Gotta keep going! :)

ETA, lol... I also sit here in size 10 jeans... So that's pretty cool too. The 12's were falling off'a me. Although, I'm back to 'I only have one pair of pants.' land now.. Which, is good and bad. :lol:

Yay! on the new low!

I would love to drop one more size - down to an 8. I can squish myself into them, but they aren't comfortable. To wear an 8 would be so freaking awesome as I didn't think I could get to that size even with vanity sizing. I figured in "old" sizing a 14 was the lowest I could go (I have big bony hips), but an 8 would be like a yesteryears 12 I think.

jomatho
05-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Congrats on the new lows girls! I think I am due for a new low, hopefully in the next month or so.
I am still hovering at 170, but I started my new weight lifting program a week and a half ago, along with upping my calories to 2000ish, so I am expecting to hang out here until my body gets used to the extra cals and the muscle repair/water weight is evened out. I would love to see the scale dropping, but I really want to do a body recomp and I know I can't have it both ways. I also put the dang bodybugg back on to make sure I am eating enough to support my workouts (I hate that ugly thing with short sleeves/summer clothes).
On a positive note, I lost 1/2 inch off both bust and waist this past month. I also gained a half inch on both thighs and calves, but I am counting that as water due to sore muscles, I know that's not fat, but I know what I lost in the bust/waist is fat.
So changes are happening, just not with the scale. I am happy to be eating more, I have loads of energy and I am having some kick butt workouts. It's all good.

kateleestar
05-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Yay! on the new low!

I would love to drop one more size - down to an 8. I can squish myself into them, but they aren't comfortable. To wear an 8 would be so freaking awesome as I didn't think I could get to that size even with vanity sizing. I figured in "old" sizing a 14 was the lowest I could go (I have big bony hips), but an 8 would be like a yesteryears 12 I think.

8 is my goal, too.. I think I'm an apple, so most of my weight that is left is on my belly. My legs, arms and upper abdomen/under my boobs have all thinned out nicely, but then, belly. LOL. Oh well. Good thing I lowered my goal. 175 most likley wont be enough to get that to.. look smaller.

And, I did just discover that I'm into TOM (thanks for being random body on seasonique! ugh.) so with 186.8 today, I should have an even newer low in a few days! That's a small miracle, lol, being happy with a "new low" during TOM. :lol:

And that SO awesome, Jo! Weigh lifting is on my 'to do' list.. sometime soon. Maybe at like, 165 when I want to tone more. Something about finally getting to the goal number, then I won't care as much about the scale. KWIM? :)

runningfromfat
05-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Congrats to everyone with the new lows that's exciting! Melissa, I hope you have a nice whoosh coming still. ;)

Re: wanting to eat. I don't think i have that problem... I don't know, I like food too much. :o My issue is that I feel so close to goal that I'm a bit too happy here and don't feel that extra push to finish. Although this week I've been exercising A LOT, which is great. Hopefully that will show up on the scale soon! :D

kateleestar definitely try out weight lifting! I can't tell you how much I love my body now that I've been doing it. More and more people are commenting that they're pretty shocked by how much I weigh because I look a lot smaller. ;)

I don't really have a size in mind to reach my goal but i would love to have a 28" waist. Sometimes that feels impossible, though, because my waist just doesn't like to budge! Plus, it fluctuations SO MUCH. Like this morning it was between 30-31" depending how tight I measured but other days it'll be more like 29.5" as my ticker says.

irishcanary
05-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Hi, i think this is the thread for me!!
Right now it is my current goal to maintain.
Next week when my exams are over i face the horrible battle of going home and all the food that lurks there.

I will also be having my first weigh in around 2 months, so as long as it isn't higher than 160lbs, i think i could manage that.

caramelkitty
05-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Next week when my exams are over i face the horrible battle of going home and all the food that lurks there.

I hate going to my moms for that. Anything Ive seen at the grocery store, and avoided, she probably has on the table and so cutely smiles and says HAVE ONE! lololol I swear, she makes ppl happy with food, thats why everyone loves her. :)

I think im going to avoid her house until these last 15 lb are gone. lol

irishcanary
05-09-2012, 04:38 PM
I don't think that is just your mom, its mine too and my dad. Parents just love their kiddies who they haven't seen to have food.

My parents love to have food with me. My dad and i are "food buddies" and our time together generally invovles ordering a new take away.

I will need ALL the will power to not eat like 24/7. Its even worse because i have 3 weeks vacation. I do have a lot of things planned, including gym trips, karate, hanging out with friends etc, its just that constant supply of yummy things and lots of free time will be hard xD.

Steph7409
05-09-2012, 10:34 PM
My issue is that I feel so close to goal that I'm a bit too happy here and don't feel that extra push to finish.

This. I've got some nice new clothes and I feel good, but I'm getting a little complacent about my eating (although I too have been exercising a lot). I just don't seem to be able to get motivated to lower my calories. Weirdly, though, I ate quite a bit yesterday (1800 cals, I think) and saw a drop on the scale. My new plan is to eat more protein and start a new weight training routine. I feel like I need to shake things up a bit because I still have plenty of fat to lose.

rainydays
05-10-2012, 12:27 AM
Jo, I'll probably be here awhile too. Just downloaded New Rules on my Nook, so I'm hoping to get serious weight training started this week. That'll slow down "weight" loss, but I'm hoping for some nice fat loss!

berry, wooooooo!

running, I've been super hungry for a few days as well. Mid-cycle for me, so probably explains it in my case.

kate, congrats on the new low for you too!

berryblondeboys
05-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Dipped into the 166 range today = barely, but down to 166.8 (was 167.6 yesterday). I could almost starve myself for a week to get there. Not that I would, but that it is even a possibility to DO that makes me realize how close I am...

And my body fat monitor is saying I have about 26% body fat. 25 and under is my goal, so it seems I'm gettng close in all regards. I look so flabby though with all this loose skin (even my boobs inside the bra is all crinkly and crepe-ish). But that's the price I have to pay I guess.

rainydays
05-10-2012, 12:32 PM
berry, I know what you mean. I have so much loose skin, and it just looks like blubber. I'm happy that I can dress to cover it (mostly tops of thighs, stomach, and arms) most of the time--but I wanted so badly to look good in a swimming suit this summer. I'm 28, and I've been overweight since I was a child (other than the summer before high school, got on a health kick--wish that would've lasted!), so I've never been able to be the fit looking chick at the beach. I don't want to look like a Victoria's Secret model, but I do want all my hard work to show. Right now, I feel blubbery, and I just want to feel confident in a tankini for crying out loud.

Steph7409
05-10-2012, 04:12 PM
rainy, I just got New Rules as well. I've been lifting for ages, since back before you were born! But I'm ready for a new routine and this one looks good. I'm hoping it will make me feel less flabby. You've got a much better chance of your skin tightening up than I do, so don't despair!

krampus
05-10-2012, 04:21 PM
I weighed in this morning at 127.5 which is the lightest I have ever weighed in America. In December 2010-February 2011 I got down to less than that, but it was very temporary. I feel like what I'm doing now is much more sustainable and less difficult --> higher possibility of keeping a steady weight. None of this gaining 7 lbs over the weekend and losing it steadily all week business.

"Goal" is imminent if I go for what my profile goal says. I am going to focus more on exercise and fitness and see what happens. Lifting, hiking and running are doing wonders. I secretly think I would like to be a 2, but not a 0.

Steph Nice to see another 518 chick here! Awesome loss.

berryblondeboys You're so close! I remember when you just signed up for 3FC.

caramelkitty
05-10-2012, 04:58 PM
krampus congrats on your new low!! :)

That's awesome. I can't even imagine what I'd look like at 127. :) I'll live it vicariously through you. lol

berryblondeboys
05-11-2012, 07:49 AM
Ack - 165.6 today... 90 pounds on the nose since January 2011. FINALLY broke through the plateau.

And I blogged about it last night, but when I went swimming with my little guy last night to teach him how to swim, I couldn't float on my back! My legs sunk like lead and not slowl falling, but prett quickly falling. I lost all my fat!!!! (Boobs had me floating up top though! (and air in my lungs of course)... I also tried to sit on the bottom of the pool and I didn't quite sit flat, but I don't rise up like a bobber any more either. And it sunk in.. I'm just not a fatty any more!

runningfromfat
05-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Ack - 165.6 today... 90 pounds on the nose since January 2011. FINALLY broke through the plateau.

And I blogged about it last night, but when I went swimming with my little guy last night to teach him how to swim, I couldn't float on my back! My legs sunk like lead and not slowl falling, but prett quickly falling. I lost all my fat!!!! (Boobs had me floating up top though! (and air in my lungs of course)... I also tried to sit on the bottom of the pool and I didn't quite sit flat, but I don't rise up like a bobber any more either. And it sunk in.. I'm just not a fatty any more!

CONGRATULATIONS! now just 5.6 lbs until goal, that's awesome!!!! My dad has that same problem with swimming, his legs sink like rocks. My butt is still big enough to keep me afloat easily (always has been!). :o

Hanging out at 156lbs still. That being said my clothes are fitting looser around the waist lately so I'm hoping that something shows up on the scale soon! Ironically, my measurements are the same but I think the fat is a bit more squisable now, if that makes sense. ;)

Oh, and I would love to hit 155lbs for Mother's Day (are you listening body? Want to give me a good mother's day present? Well, now you know!)

jitterfish
05-12-2012, 05:29 AM
Decided to jump in to this thread, I'm just over 10lb from goal (although possibly may revise goal when I get there).

So close and yet so far, I just want to wake up and be there!

berryblondeboys
05-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Today has been one hugely busy day, but wanted to report a bit more droppage on the scale - down another .4 to 165.2.

Remember when I said I would be giddy with excitement if I got to 165.0. Maybe it's possible????

I had to eat pizza today (for all my meals - long story). So I don't know what they will do to weigh tomorrow. And I'm up in calories than I would like. Flip side, I dug in the dirt (like constantly digging with a shovel/rake) for 2 hours. That probably burned a LOT of calories. (ate about 1800 today).

MissD
05-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Finally saw some movement on the scales again today after loosing a couple of pounds, and then a couple back on again, then off... you know how it goes.

now I have 15lbs left to go. Going for one last hard push through the summer, and hopefully I can get a new wardrobe in the Autumn!

Ash15+
05-14-2012, 09:51 AM
I've been pretty much stuck at 15lbs over goal for several months now. Soooo frustrating!

toastedsmoke
05-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Congratulations berry on even more droppage! You're sooooo sooo close! I went over to your blog to read the swimming post you referenced and couldn't help ogling your garden! So pretty! I have brown thumbs mostly due to the fact that I always want to enjoy the fruit but not do the labour and have never been good with the outdoors. But I'm inspired. I want to give gardening another shot. If there's one thing this journey has taught me, it's not to underestimate myself.

Miss D, the scale bounce is really a drag. I know!!! But on the bright side, at least it was in a good direction, right? So maybe you're on your way this time. One has to keep plugging away. You'll make it.

Ash, I too was stuck 15 lbs away from goal for months... Actually nearly a year. I spent March 2011-February 2012 at around 180 trying to get to 165. Not pleasant at all. It was partly my fault though because I got a little complacent because I was at least somewhat satisfied with my body... But still... Super frustrating! Although I suppose, it could be worse. Better to not lose than to regain, I guess.

In toastedsmoke news, I've kind of found peace in the last few weeks with the scale and how it moves and what my goals are etc. I WOULD like to get down to 140 but I'm also happy where I am. I'm not in a hurry. It's something to strive for and keep me motivated but for the first time, I'm not working at weight loss as if it's my 2nd job and I've got bills to pay. It's a nice feeling. But you know how acceptance can be. You make peace with yourself and your goals but you at the same time can't help wanting the scale to Usain Bolt it to the final goal.

Steph7409
05-15-2012, 09:28 PM
But you know how acceptance can be. You make peace with yourself and your goals but you at the same time can't help wanting the scale to Usain Bolt it to the final goal.

That's it exactly! I tell myself to be patient, but I still feel disappointed at my slow rate of loss. I'm eating just slightly below maintenance because I got tired of being hungry all the time, so I shouldn't expect to lose a pound a week - yet I do. :?: I give up trying to figure myself out.

fyreflie24
05-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Inch by inch LOL!

Hope everyone is well!

runningfromfat
05-16-2012, 10:54 AM
Nothing new to report, TOM is here again and I'm about to head out to the gym. I've also made some clothing purchases because I desperately needed some new ones! But the weather is getting colder and colder here so I'll need to at least get some sort of hoodie or sweater ASAP too!

kateleestar
05-17-2012, 09:13 AM
I'm so on the longest TOM ever in the world, lol.. well, at least to me. It should be wrapping up, though... at least it seems to be?! :crossed: LOL.

I am down again to my 186 area, so that's comforting. Being OP for the week of TOM'ness hopefully paid off. I only had ice cream once! :lol:

Hoping things are gone as of tomorrow morning and I can continue on my downward spiral to the low 180's by the end of the month. I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to be at 185 by Sat and then lower and lower from there. :crossed:

Keep going everyone! We are almost done... sorta. :lol:

:D

berryblondeboys
05-17-2012, 09:20 AM
Eek! In the middle of TTOM and woke up to a new low this morning of 165.0 on the dot. I have NEVER gotten to a new low during TTOM - means I also lost 3 pounds since yesterday morning. I KNEW I was running to pee a lot yesterday!

runningfromfat
05-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Seriously, how is it that we all have TOM at the same time? :lol:

kateleestar the older I get, the longer my periods last, NOT COOL! Hope yours ends soon!

berryblondeboys that's awesome! Hopefully that translates into a big whoosh on the scale. Whenever I've held the same through TOM, I always get a big whoosh afterwards! :D

toastedsmoke
05-17-2012, 09:41 AM
Yay!!!! Congratulations Berry on a low I know you've been eagerly anticipating!!! Go you! Only 5 till goal!

I'm also TOMing. I had a doctor's appointment today to check whether I was still anemic from two major surgeries in the past 2-3 months and happy to report my blood counts were normal!!! Barely, but it's super exciting coming from where I was before! Anyway regarding TOM according to the scale at the doc's office, I've gained like 2 lbs since Sunday. I always gain around this during TOM, but I'm going to try and watch myself the next few days. I'm doing a training for some rural community people and the catering is all snacks and old favorites... Eek! I think I'm doing okay though, so I'm not going to worry too much about the 2 lbs for another few days. It's not weigh in Sunday anyway!

berryblondeboys
05-17-2012, 10:07 AM
I know that being in physical proximity can do that, but via the internet?

kateleestar the older I get, the longer my periods last, NOT COOL! Hope yours ends soon!

Mine are shorter and shorter (since having kids). Before kids they were one week long. Days 1,3-5 were about the same, 2 heavy and 6-7 light.

Now, It's day 1 is fairly heavy, day 2 is evil heavy, day 3 is regular heavy and spotting on day four and then done. I figure I bleed about the same, but that it's just more fast and furious - like my body got more efficient as I got older or something. But I'm also a LOT older than you gals too.

berryblondeboys that's awesome! Hopefully that translates into a big whoosh on the scale. Whenever I've held the same through TOM, I always get a big whoosh afterwards! :D

I doubt I'll get a whoosh as it's never happened after TTOM. I start gaining the ovulation gay at around day 6 and build up until ovulation - hold it 3-4 days and then WHOOSH! I'm pushing really hard though for THIS month to be the last 'losing' month. Or at least the last month I am planning on losing. I'll just keep plugging away after that to see where I settle.

berryblondeboys
05-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Yay!!!! Congratulations Berry on a low I know you've been eagerly anticipating!!! Go you! Only 5 till goal!

I'm also TOMing. I had a doctor's appointment today to check whether I was still anemic from two major surgeries in the past 2-3 months and happy to report my blood counts were normal!!! Barely, but it's super exciting coming from where I was before! Anyway regarding TOM according to the scale at the doc's office, I've gained like 2 lbs since Sunday. I always gain around this during TOM, but I'm going to try and watch myself the next few days. I'm doing a training for some rural community people and the catering is all snacks and old favorites... Eek! I think I'm doing okay though, so I'm not going to worry too much about the 2 lbs for another few days. It's not weigh in Sunday anyway!

Thanks!

And I'm slightly anemic right now too!

As for your - sounds like you are on the road back to a full recovery and that all looks good. That 2 pounds is probably hormonal weight - don't sweat it!

fyreflie24
05-17-2012, 11:06 AM
You can add me to that TOM list too... how bizarre is THAT?!

kateleestar
05-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Maybe we all hang out on here too much and were on the same cycle!! LOL.

kateleestar
05-17-2012, 11:24 AM

I'm on Seasonique! This is my once-every-four-months TOM, but... still. 3 day ones are a thing of the past? I'd be so sad, lol.

I know that being in physical proximity can do that, but via the internet?

That has to be it, lol. Or maybe because we are all nearing the same place in our "journey" and that's just how it works out. :)

I'm hoping for it to be over today and then onto a woosh later this week. I haven't had one since the upper 190's!

LAgreeneyes
05-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Maybe we all hang out on here too much and were on the same cycle!! LOL.

LOL

Add me to the list but I haven't had a cycle since March 27. :?: and I'm NOT pregnant. LOL

runningfromfat
05-17-2012, 12:21 PM
toastedsmoke huge congrats on that! That has got to be SUCH a relief! :carrot:

berryblondeboys Well, even if the whoosh is delayed a bit due to ovulation, I bet you'll see a good one! :D

Everyone And isn't that crazy how our cycles have synced via the internert, weird! :lol:

LAgreeneyes have you gotten that checked out? I know cysts can cause that...

toastedsmoke
05-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm really sooooo appreciative of good health these days. It's sooooo important!

LAgreeneyes, I can't stress enough the importance of getting that checked out if you haven't. I used to go months without periods, I ignored it for years. I'd kind of been told once I had PCOS and just attributed it to that without getting it properly checked out. It turned out it was dermoid cysts (benign tumors) on my ovaries and by the time I got them checked out, I was in agony and needed emergency surgery to take out a 15-lb cyst across my two ovaries. That was in 2005, I was 19 and I have less than one ovary (just ovarian tissue actually) left. They couldn't save my right ovary because it had been obliterated by the cyst. It's so unnecessary. I could just have gotten it checked out early and saved myself the grief. Hopefully, your situation is nothing. But it's rarely a good idea to ignore messages your body is trying to send you.

LAgreeneyes
05-17-2012, 12:29 PM
toastedsmoke huge congrats on that! That has got to be SUCH a relief! :carrot:

berryblondeboys Well, even if the whoosh is delayed a bit due to ovulation, I bet you'll see a good one! :D

Everyone And isn't that crazy how our cycles have synced via the internert, weird! :lol:

LAgreeneyes have you gotten that checked out? I know cysts can cause that...

Uh oh. Not yet. My annual OB/GYN appointment is next month. I will tell my doctor. Thank you for mentioning that to me. I will report back what she says.

LAgreeneyes
05-17-2012, 12:33 PM
LAgreeneyes, I can't stress enough the importance of getting that checked out. I used to months without periods, I ignored it for years. I'd kind of been told once I had PCOS and just attributed it to that without getting it properly checked out. It turned out it was dermoid cysts (benign tumors) on my ovaries and by the time I got them checked out, I was in agony and needed emergency surgery to take out a 15-lb cyst across my two ovaries. That was in 2005, I was 19 and I have less than one ovary (just ovarian tissue actually) left. They couldn't save my right ovary because it had been obliterated by the cyst. It's so unnecessary. I could just have gotten it checked out early and saved myself the grief. Hopefully, your situation is nothing. But it's rarely a good idea to ignore messages your body is trying to send you.

I totally agree. I'm a stickler about getting my annual pap/Mammo and other exams. I NEVER miss any annuals. I have free Wellness exams with my insurance and I get all of my female checks to include blood work. My appointments are June 12, I have all of my annuals scheduled the same day. So, I will tell my doctor about my problem. Thanks for sharing your story.

runningfromfat
05-17-2012, 12:36 PM
LAgreeneyes, I can't stress enough the importance of getting that checked out. I used to months without periods, I ignored it for years. I'd kind of been told once I had PCOS and just attributed it to that without getting it properly checked out. It turned out it was dermoid cysts (benign tumors) on my ovaries and by the time I got them checked out, I was in agony and needed emergency surgery to take out a 15-lb cyst across my two ovaries. That was in 2005, I was 19 and I have less than one ovary (just ovarian tissue actually) left. They couldn't save my right ovary because it had been obliterated by the cyst. It's so unnecessary. I could just have gotten it checked out early and saved myself the grief. Hopefully, your situation is nothing. But it's rarely a good idea to ignore messages your body is trying to send you.

HUGS :hug:

I also only have only one ovary too. Wish I would've gotten mine checked out sooner also because there might have been a chance that the other one could have been rescued. :(