Old 03-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #1  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Support for the last 10-20lbs.

I have about 10-20lbs to go and have been struggling somewhat. I know how to maintain at this weight but I really just want to be done now, you know? So I kind of need a bit of a push to finish this.

So, is anybody with me? Would you be interested in a support thread for those at the end of a LONG journey (I've been at this over 1.5 years)?

Oh, and maybe some help with not buying all my wardrobe now, because I'm just sick of the baggy clothes...
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #2  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Absolutely--I'm in!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #3  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydays View Post
Absolutely--I'm in!
Great! Best of luck to you! Are you also struggling a bit staying on plan this close to goal? I don't go crazy or anything but I've found a lot of extra snacks are starting to sneak in more than usual. I also need to be better about exercise but DH has to work nights at the moment so I don't have childcare to go to the gym/pool, so it's been hard to manage it all. I really need to get better about this!
Old 03-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

I hear ya! I've been within 160 lbs, up & down, since the beginning of last November - good thing is that I am maintaining, but mentally, I'm tired of being in weight-loss-mode. I've been at this since January 2011 and I feel like I have the tools to maintain, but I'm tired of trying to lose. It's really mentally draining!
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #5  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunula View Post
I hear ya! I've been within 160 lbs, up & down, since the beginning of last November - good thing is that I am maintaining, but mentally, I'm tired of being in weight-loss-mode. I've been at this since January 2011 and I feel like I have the tools to maintain, but I'm tired of trying to lose. It's really mentally draining!
I think that's where I am right now too. I don't seem to have a problem maintaining this weight and it's not like I've been going crazy or anything. I just haven't put forth that extra effort to continue losing. However, I want to be done and soon. I just need something to click and get this over with. It doesn't help DH brought ice cream home when we went to the store this past week, ugh! He's just a few pounds from hitting an "overweight" BMI so we both really just need to dig in and get this done with.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #6  

I would love to join you guys! I am probably about 25 pounds away-don't mind my ticker, it is not updated yet . I started my journey December of 2010, and it is getting old. I have been in the 170s for probably the last 6 months. I was just about in the 160s right before the holidays and it has taken me 3 months to get that weight off again I am ready to finish this thing though, I am sick of losing and really want to try my hand at maintaining and building some muscles! Don't even get me started on what clothes I need, oh boy. . .
I don't know how fast it will come off, but I am determined I will not stay here, I seem to never be able to finish weight loss, I get comfortable and then I quit. I refuse to quit this time.
Let's finish this thing!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #7  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
I would love to join you guys! I am probably about 25 pounds away-don't mind my ticker, it is not updated yet . I started my journey December of 2010, and it is getting old. I have been in the 170s for probably the last 6 months. I was just about in the 160s right before the holidays and it has taken me 3 months to get that weight off again I am ready to finish this thing though, I am sick of losing and really want to try my hand at maintaining and building some muscles! Don't even get me started on what clothes I need, oh boy. . .
I don't know how fast it will come off, but I am determined I will not stay here, I seem to never be able to finish weight loss, I get comfortable and then I quit. I refuse to quit this time.
Let's finish this thing!
Welcome! Ah, highly doubt mine is going to come off fast. It just doesn't seem to happen for me. So maybe this thread will be running for awhile!

Oh, and clothes, yeah, it's scary. I don't have a single shirt that fits well (pants are ok mostly because I bought a bunch of used ones in various sizes) but I don't have any jeans or shorts that fit. I'm waiting on a order of shirts but the stupid post off lost them so the company will have to resend them, which means at least another 2 weeks or so. In the meantime, I'm just wearing everything really baggy, ugh!
Old 03-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
Welcome! Ah, highly doubt mine is going to come off fast. It just doesn't seem to happen for me. So maybe this thread will be running for awhile!

Oh, and clothes, yeah, it's scary. I don't have a single shirt that fits well (pants are ok mostly because I bought a bunch of used ones in various sizes) but I don't have any jeans or shorts that fit. I'm waiting on a order of shirts but the stupid post off lost them so the company will have to resend them, which means at least another 2 weeks or so. In the meantime, I'm just wearing everything really baggy, ugh!
At least you have some coming soon! I dread looking in my closet right now. Before, I used to hate it because nothing fit and now I hate it because nothing fits I have been taking in some of my shirts and workout shorts/pants, stuff like that, but I really don't want to alter a lot of my clothes because I am sick of them!
My first big purchase when I am within 10 pounds is going to be bras and I am coming to you to help me
Old 03-16-2012, 07:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

can I join I'm roughly at 20 pounds left to lose... I keep changing my mind at where I should stop. I want to do a whole new wardrobe at goal but I need to make sure I save the money for that.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:18 AM   #10  
June

Quote:
At least you have some coming soon! I dread looking in my closet right now. Before, I used to hate it because nothing fit and now I hate it because nothing fits I have been taking in some of my shirts and workout shorts/pants, stuff like that, but I really don't want to alter a lot of my clothes because I am sick of them!
My first big purchase when I am within 10 pounds is going to be bras and I am coming to you to help me
Definitely! I'll be happy to help! I actually just altered a skirt of mine this morning before work because I was SO SICK of having everything baggy! It's not the best alteration in the world but it's certainly an improvement.

liliesinmycereal welcome! I'm the same. Sometimes I think I'll be happy just getting into the healthy BMI range with a few pounds to spare and other times I want to get down to 140lbs for sure. Hopefully I make up my mind.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #11  

So what are you guys doing? I am a calorie counter, most weeks I have a Spike day and I have been dabbling with intermittent fasting to see if I like it or if it does anything for me. I don't do low carb so to speak, but I probably do eat lower carb than normal.
I am just recovering from an injury to my tailbone, so just getting back into exercising, but usually I like to walk, jog and try to do some heavy lifting too. I was about 6 weeks into NROLW when I fell and (I think) broke my tailbone. I haven't lifted in almost 3 weeks, but may start again next week.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #12  
June

Quote:
So what are you guys doing? I am a calorie counter, most weeks I have a Spike day and I have been dabbling with intermittent fasting to see if I like it or if it does anything for me. I don't do low carb so to speak, but I probably do eat lower carb than normal.
I am just recovering from an injury to my tailbone, so just getting back into exercising, but usually I like to walk, jog and try to do some heavy lifting too. I was about 6 weeks into NROLW when I fell and (I think) broke my tailbone. I haven't lifted in almost 3 weeks, but may start again next week.
Mostly intuitive eating and relatively low carb/sugar. Ideally I'd swim 3x a week and lift 1x/week but I've struggling getting that all in at the moment with DH working the longer hours. I have managed to lift 1x this week and swim twice, so that's good. I really need to get in two trips to the pool on the weekend.

Yay for NROLW! I still do a lot of their exercises but I have crappy knees and pretty much all the leg workouts make my knees worse. So I've adapted them a lot. I want to get a trainer eventually because then maybe they could help me do more with my legs but in a way that avoid injury.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #13  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

I too am having trouble losing lately. I came oh-so-close to getting below 150 this week but it slipped away after one bad day. I'm doing great with the exercise part, but it's the eating part that I continue to struggle with. I just had ice cream (it's our monthly cake and ice cream day here) for this first time in months and I worry that it's a slippery slope.

I'd mostly like to be done so I can buy clothes that will fit me for a while. I've been doing a lot of closet shopping and some judicious purchasing, but I've got almost nothing for the spring/summer. (runningfromfat, thanks to your great bra advice here and on your blog, I do have 2 bras that I love!)

So these last 20-25 pounds are starting to wear on me. It's heartening to see I'm not alone in that. Good luck to all of us!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 153/131/125

Height: 5'2.5

I have about 10 pounds to lose (I'd be happy at around 125-130lbs) and I keep losing and gaining the same pounds over and over again. I'm doing a mixture of the Dukan Diet and the ESE.
Vanity9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #15  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
don't seem to have a problem maintaining this weight and it's not like I've been going crazy or anything. I just haven't put forth that extra effort to continue losing.
I hear you on that 0.o...I'm getting to comfortable at this weight and have pretty much stopped calorie counting the last two weeks. I've been skipping out on real food, while replacing it with alot of sugar and junk 0.o..While I'm maintaining, I do need to get things moving again. Not just weight loss but eating healthy. My goal weight is the lowest I would consider going and I'll most likely be stopping at 170 or so. Been at this almost 4 years and I'm finally ready to be done with it

Last edited by baker23; 03-16-2012 at 04:59 PM.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote