Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #1  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Default Motivation Crisis!!!

Hi there, I'm Emily and I'm sixteen.

I've been eating well and exercising since about Christmas 2011, and I've lost 25 pounds.

Exercising isn't really a problem.

However, I've noticed that I want to eat more and more!!!
I want to get back to the diet that was FILLED with greens and fresh fruits... My meals are fine, it's just the snacking that kills me. Please help!
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations on losing so much in a very short time. Keep it up

Are you sure you are getting enough calories? If so, do you eat breakfast? Breakfast can help you get through the morning without snacking.

Maybe you are just someone who would do better eating several small meals daily instead of three regular meals. If you eat small portions but spread each portion out during the day, then it might feel like you are eating more and feeling less hungry. Just make sure that most of the portions are the veggies that ave gotten you so far.

Good luck.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:24 AM   #3  
too big to fail

Snack on carrots, celery, fresh fruit, and other low cal items. Try to get more volume at meals by eating more nutritionally dense but not calorically dense foods, soups, and other items that will make you feel full. Track your nutrition and make sure that you are getting the right amount of macro and micronutrients. If you are having cravings just realize that they will pass and concentrate on your goal. You can do it.
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #4  

Wow! You have lost a significant amount of weight since Christmas. Good for you!

Emily, I too had the same issues with snacking--especially in the afternoon. So I know just how frustrating it is to have these healthy meals get ruined by our want to nibble on food all throughout the day. But as I became more eager to correct my bad snacking habit, I have come to a realization that to totally avoid snacking just can't be done. So what I did is embrace snacking but made some amends to make sure it does not ruin my diet. How? Well, first of all what I did was recognize which foods I should avoid and which I can and should be eating. I drew a clear line between these two groups and kept it in my head to always stay on the healthy side. I also made effort to organize myself in terms of snacking. For example, I take a small snack mid morning and mid afternoon everyday. You see, it is much better to curb your hunger than to starve yourself. I also make sure that I vary my snacks so I don't get bored and start looking for unhealthy options. Over the years, these practices have come to be a part of my lifestyle. And I can say that snacking can be good as long as it is done right.
karaheissman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #5  

I agree with Kara.

I'm hard headed so I do well without snacking during the day, but my husband thinks I try to starve him. So, I started giving him healthy snacks (baby carrots, string cheese, pineapple etc). Now, he thinks all he does is eat all day long, but he's still losing a lot faster than I am!

What works for you might be different that others, so try a few things and make the adjustments that you need in order to be sucessful.

Congrats on the first 25lbs, keep going!
BusyB is offline   Reply With Quote