Old 03-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #1  

Unhappy Help me understand

I joined ww in Feb and as of last week I had lost 15 lbs. The week before last I had been walking 2miles a day and my back went out. Ive had 3 previous surgeries on my back. After days of laying in bed unable to move I went to the emergency room where they gave me a steriod shot & a steroids dose pack. Last week I lost 3.5 lbs. This week I gained 2.5 lbs. I have eaten exactly what I was supposed to this week but ive been unable to exercise. Does what u eat this week actually not show up until the next? I'm so frustrated not being able 2 exercise cause ive worked so hard to lose the weight. Does anyone have any suggestions on why I gained or on how 2 lose. I'm not eating any of my weekly allowance points.
chapelhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

You are not an ATM machine. Where withdrawals and deposits show up instantly like cha-ching -- withdraw $20 every monday at noon! Your body is doing a lot of healing body chemistry in there.

You had a hospital trip with some meds but are basically still down 16 lbs since Feb. Where's the problem?

You are doing fine. The med thing could be water bloat or something.

Don't be so hard on yourself if your weight loss is more like "blobs" of varying sizes spaced out weird rather than a nice neat same size cha-chings each week.

I know it can be a mind trip sometimes but remember -- you are living, breathing person. Not a machine. You aren't making withdraws. You are healing.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-13-2012 at 10:44 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 172/172/152

Height: 5'3"

steroids can definitely put all kinds of things out of wack, including the water in your body... you probably didn't gain actual fat. Keep doing what you're doing and give it another week! Weight loss is not a straight line down for any of us, it's a meandering hill traveling in the right direction overall
wickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 172/172/152

Height: 5'3"

check this out:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/steroids/HQ01431 side effects list weight gain and water retention. Maybe talk to your doc about it?
wickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #5  
Trying my best

S/C/G: 167.5/150/130

Height: 5'3

I am new to WW so I don't really have any information I can give you but I wanted to offer you a hug and tell you to hang in there!
Tonyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #6  

Thank you for putting into context for me. I know that steroids make you gain weight but I thought it was from the increased appetite and although I def wanted to eat everything in sight I restrained and stayed on point. But I didn't think of it causing fluid retention. Thank you all for the encouraging words. I needed them. Tomorrow is my birthday and I could have used some good news but I'm just going to have to work harder. Thanx everyone!
chapelhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:58 PM   #7  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Any change will effect your weight and drugs are monsters! Think overall picture not the next few weeks....get well, heal, then exercise slowly but track your points and don't lose sight of your goal!

All of us chickies have had ups, downs, sideways, and in betweens that is life. Remember this is a lifestyle change not a quick fix and life does happen. Keep you head focused on the long term not a pothole in the road
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

15 lbs since Feb is GREAT! I started again in Feb and am only down 5 but have to realize i didn't put it on overnight either. I'm sure it has to do with the shot as well. When i had stomach surgery i was wicked bloated for weeks!
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote