Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #1  
Kami

S/C/G: 318/287/160

Height: 5'3

Default Mexican last night

Yesterday was my baby sisters 18th birthday. She wanted all the family (like 20 of us) to go out to eat at the Mexican Restaurant. I knew I was pushing the envelope a bit but I thought I could handle it, afterall I did okay when we went to pizza hut.

I FAILED

It started with a 16oz lime margarita. Normally I get a Jumbo and catch a slight buzz. But for some reason, this one hit me really hard. I was drunk. I didnt just have a buzz. After that I didnt care anymore. I ordered my usual. Tilapia fish filet (cooked in oil I am sure) comes with 4 breaded shrimp (also cooked in oil) side of rice and beans and 2 flour tortillas.
I ate all the fish, only 2 shrimp, only 2 tortillas, and probably 2 scoops of each beans and rice on each tortilla.

I am terrified to weight myself today. I dont think I am going to. I feel really bad about it, and very guilty. I am trying not to beat myself up about it, but I was doing so good. Normally when this happens I give up and quit. I am struggling to make sure I dont do that this time.

I was so tired last night I went to bed at 10. I woke up at 3am my whole body hurt. My hips and back were the worst, but my arms and legs were terribly achy as well. I drank a bottle of water and took some excedrin and didnt fall back asleep till 5. No idea if the pain had something to do with my giving into all that food or not, but I dont generally wake up in excessive amounts of pain.

I just wanted to share, because I told myself no matter what I would hold myself accountable. Just need a little support...
MamaBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 213/188/159

Don't beat yourself up. It happens, and it'll no doubt happen at some point in the future like it will for all of us. However, use this to learn from your mistakes. Like don't drink a margarita, as it seems to make you lose your willpower.
tricon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #3  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

One meal is not the end of the world and will not matter in the long run.... however: my advice? Skip the alcohol. It's empty calories and apparently gives you the golden ticket to cheat town, lol. Was that margarita worth it?

Keep going. Youll be okay, as long as you move on. It's just one meal on one day..
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:09 PM   #4  
...and I need to dance!

S/C/G: 176.6/144.4/140

Height: 5'3"

It happens to the best of us! Don't beat yourself up over it and do what you can to put yourself back on track today and to keep yourself back on track for the week. Just take last night and learn from your mistakes.
SisterFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I had mexican food on Sunday and I weighed the next day and due to wonder sodium in the food I weighed more on Monday than on Sunday...so when I weighed Monday night I lost 2 lbs! If you do weigh more today it's probably from sodium so don't give up! Like everyone has said we all do it!
KatieAlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 259/248.2/160

Height: 5'6

Im your sisiter and we are doing this together but you have to quit being so hard on yourself and realize we are human we arent soppose to be perfect for what was given to us and for this being our first time out yes we could have done better BUT we could have done alot worse ! We just have to stay on this path and it will be amazing!! Dont be discouraged we are doing great!!!
dawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #7  
Kami

S/C/G: 318/287/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieAlyse View Post
I had mexican food on Sunday and I weighed the next day and due to wonder sodium in the food I weighed more on Monday than on Sunday...so when I weighed Monday night I lost 2 lbs! If you do weigh more today it's probably from sodium so don't give up! Like everyone has said we all do it!
The scale says that I gained 3 pounds. I will try to weigh again tonight and see how that is. I hope it is just due to the sodium.
MamaBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I can't remember who told me but it was on here. They said to drink a lot of water and exercise as normal (if you over exercise it will cause more water weight). That's exactly what I did and I was back to normal by then end of the night. Processed food has a lot of sodium so since I learned my lesson on Sunday I'm watching my sodium in take like a hawk! You'll lose it I promise! If not today, it will be tomorrow. Just watch your sodium today!
KatieAlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

No worries, I had Mexican unexpectedly last night. I didn't eat the rice or beans and got a plain corn shrimp taco with one teeny slice of avocado each, but I did have margaritas...two of them...

Just keep going. One meal doesn't make or break your progress.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #10  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

All that weighing today and tomorrow will do is make you feel worse. It could be sodium, it could be water, it could be anything - but lay off the scale for a few days. Give your mind a mental break from that. If you do weigh and you're up, you beat yourself up. If you weigh and you're down, perhaps it's an excuse to have something else indulgent. You're doing fine - it's a long journey. Good luck!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:30 PM   #11  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Although it only helps a little it still helps to understand the science.

Losing fat is what we care about. No matter what the scale says to have gained three lbs of fat you would have had to eat over well over 10,000 calories.

Forgive yourself for not being perfect and try to learn from the experience.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #12  
on a mission

S/C/G: 294/restart!!!

Height: 5'1

It was just one meal. We are all human and it happens to the best of us. Don't beat yourself up about it. Just drink plenty of water and get back to your normal exercise routine. There is only one place to go from here and that is up.

ps- lay off the scale for a couple of days, until you are back on top.
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

I think we NEED to build indulgences into our eating regimen, if we plan to sustain it for the rest of our lives. Last night, for example, I went to the movies and had not one, but two large popcorns. (There were free refills.) I spent about one minute feeling guilty, then told myself that I could easily make up for the indulgence over the next couple of days.

Rather than swearing off Margaritas, I would recommend you build some celebratory splurges into your overall plan. The key is to get back on plan the very next meal. As long as you can do that (or learn how to do it), you'll be fine.

JMHO Freelance

Last edited by freelancemomma; 03-13-2012 at 03:02 PM.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #14  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Height: 5'7"

Please listen to everyone on here - this is a mis-step, one that you can DEFINITELY overcome!!

Look on the bright side - now that you've been to this restaurant and you know what went wrong - you'll know what to do better next time.

Also, margaritas are my FAVORITE - the things I try to do a bit different in terms of weight loss when I have them is: drink a glass of water w/ the margarita, and ask for the margarita FRESH on the rocks - generally it's the pre-made mixes that hold so many of the cals. that make margaritas so fattening. It's a bit better to get it w/ fresh ingredients on the rocks.

Don't beat yourself up - mis-steps and picking yourself back up are what's going to help make you stronger during this journey.
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote