Simply Filling/Core - Simply Filling/Core Weekly Chat: Mar 12-18

pam920
03-12-2012, 07:54 AM
new pages

pam920
03-12-2012, 07:55 AM
today is my official WI. I lost another pound. Doing the happy dance.

Vickie, good luck today. We miss you, so stop by more often.

Tejas
03-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the new pages, Pam. And, congratulations on the pound.

I'm still staying off the scale for a while. This week I am going to cut way back on the amount of fruit I eat, and I'm not going to eat any red meat. I'll eat berries and apples and pears, one of them once a day. I've been having way too much sugar over the last week, and need to cut out all added sugar too. These parties are rough on me. I'm really a cookie monster :lol:

I've finally got a slow day, thank goodness. I've got a few errands to run and an appointment with my trainer. Tonight is another of the dreaded gas drilling task force meetings. The industry reps are bullies, I guarantee you.

beach bum
03-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had a late start this morning,had to go to the PO and Mail my St Patrick's Days kisses to my DGC. I found 4 small pkgs that was in the shape of a kiss candy with 4 kisses inside each package. Along with that I send each a $5 bill,should get the package by Wednesday,as I sent it priority mail.Than a friend asked me to stay at a church meeting,so I just got home. Hope that my handy man wasn't around with my light fixture as I was out most of the A.M.

PAM:thanks: for the pages and congrats:cheer2: on your 1 lb.lose.

RHONDA-I don't eat that much fruit just because even of fruit is healthy for you it has too much natural sugar in them that I find gives me a bad reading on the scale. Here's to next week.

Have to go my dinner is ready,have a great day

Tejas
03-12-2012, 10:52 PM
made it...all day, no sugar except what was in one apple and 1/2 cup frozen mango. I also had no wheat and no red meat.

I did an upper body workout today because my quads have been hurting for days. So, tomorrow I'll just hurt all over :lol:

ontarget
03-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Vickie, how did your test go? You're under a lot of stress. I hope things level out for you soon for you and for us. We need you here. :hug:

Maryann, your grands will love the gifts. That's a clever idea putting money in there.

Pam, :woohoo: on losing that pound. We aren't buying oranges much any more. We've been stung quite a bit. It's hard to pick good ones.

Rhonda, your easy day sounds hard to me.

I worked in the yard a couple of hours today then did a little shooting at 40, 50, and 60 yds readying for the TX State Senior Games later this month down near San Antonio. I got a little sunburned. It was great being outside. The sunshine felt healthy. I'm OP.

Tomorrow AM is WI. Curtis and I are going fishing out on the lake after I wi. I won't stay for the meeting. (Bummer!) I have a class reunion this Saturday. Less than 2 weeks to get ready for those Senior Games. Lots going on!

Tejas
03-13-2012, 05:28 AM
why am I awake?! :yawn:

pam920
03-13-2012, 08:45 AM
I think I was up peeing at that time Rhonda, lol.

Sandra good luck with WI. I was down .8 this morning, over yesterdays weight, but I won't count it. My official day is Monday. I even had air popped popcorn last night. I don't add salt, so that might be what saved me from gaining. Hubby had some too, but he adds that butter salt. He loves his salt. I can take it or leave it, prefer to leave it.

Rhonda, you amaze me your dedication to exercise. Good job yesterday.

Maryann, the kids will love their St. Patty's day surprise.

My shoulder was killing me yesterday. I tried self-diagnosing and it's either a rotator cuff tear, or a muscle strain. I don't remember doing anything to make it start hurting. It happened before I painted the dining room, so can't blame it on that. It hurts to hold my coffee cup. I forgot to buy some ben-gay. Can't take ibuprofen, due to heart meds.

Have a wonderful day chickies.

Tejas
03-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Pam, I'm curious, what meds do you take that are contraindicated with ibuprofen? I wonder what hurt your arm. I know that sometimes I sleep on my right side and my right arm always hurts afterward.

Yesterday with the trainer was funny. I walked in declaring that I was never doing any more exercise that involved my quads. So, he spent the time showing me new tricep exercises. I knew some of course, but I learned new ones that are as simple as changing the grip so that the three different heads of the tricep get worked. They are simple, but like most exercises, form is everything.

At tap we've been learning a new dance to the tune of Sweet Georgia Brown in a syncopated rhythm. It ain't easy :faint: but we're looking forward to performing it.

beach bum
03-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Looks like it going to rain any second,so I have to take my rain gear to the dentist this morning. Going to have to replace my lower back teeth with a partial bridge that has to be taken out at night YIKES!!!!! I never thought that I would have to do what my mom had to do many years ago,as I have a permanent bridge.Oh well !!!! that's what happens when you go old I suppose.

Other than that I'm going on a senior center trip to Swansea for a Forever Irish event. First dinner in Venus DeMilo and than for entertainment with Andy Cooney singing some Irish Melody's and Liam O' Connor on the accordion and the Lord of the Dance Dancers so its going to Lots of FUN.

RHONDA-You did great wish,you're so in control.wish I had the will power like you have. I had SUGAR SUGAR and some more SUGAR yesterday. Was I up this morning of course I was,now I have to work on getting the weight down.

SANDRA-Thanks,I hope they like the gift as I was short this month do to Auto & house insurance along with the dentist,this month I need some green.

PAM-Thanks,I try to make it interesting for them. I was up 2 lbs this morning do to the scones I baked and ate too. Will I ever learn?????Some how I having a sweet tooth problem this time around instead of going for salty snacks. YIKES!!! I know the hurt that comes from the rotary cuff tear. Is there something stronger than ben gay that you can take,until you see the doctor.[[[[[[This is what the Mayo Clinic says about symptoms for Rotary Cuff tears]]]]]
Symptoms
By Mayo Clinic staff

Rotator cuff injury signs and symptoms may include:

Pain and tenderness in your shoulder, especially when reaching overhead, reaching behind your back, lifting, pulling or sleeping on the affected side
Shoulder weakness
Loss of shoulder range of motion
Inclination to keep your shoulder inactive

The most common symptom is pain. You may experience it when you reach up to comb your hair, bend your arm back to put on a jacket or carry something heavy. Lying on the affected shoulder also can be painful. If you have a severe injury, such as a large tear, you may experience continuous pain and muscle weakness.

When to see a doctor
You should see your doctor if:

You're experiencing severe shoulder pain
You're unable to use your arm or feel weak in the arm
You have shoulder pain that's lasted more than a week

HOPE THAT HELPS.

Have a great day

nancy237
03-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Pam..ouch
Women can get something called Frozen Shoulder.
I had 2 at one time. Mine came from nowhere & improved gradually.
One side improved when I fell on it..wierd..

pam920
03-13-2012, 06:32 PM
Maryann thanks for the info. Have fun at your St Patty celebration. I'm part Irish.

Rhonda, not sure any of my meds contraindicate with ibuprofen. I take niaspan, 2 aspirin, norvasc, lipitor and isosorbide. My cardio dr. told me not to take ibuprofen. He said if I needed anything for pain, take tylenol, which does nothing for inflammation. I don't think it would kill me to take it, but if he says no, I listen to him. I used to take Celebrex for my arthritis, but he told me NO. It can cause heart attacks and strokes. Having heart disease, it's not worth that risk to me.

It's definitely in my shoulder. Nancy, don't think it's frozen shoulder. I'm trying to baby it so it will quit hurting. If I went to my primary dr, she would refer me to ortho dr, which could take awhile to see, and then the pain might be gone, so I'm sitting this one out. If after a month it's not better, maybe I'll get it checked.

Tejas
03-13-2012, 08:24 PM
I did a little internet research and learned that Ibuprofen can make your BP go up, if you're taking meds. Interesting. I knew it was hard on the kidneys, which heart meds can also affect. Oh well....

We went to a benefit bar-b-que tonight for a group that works with the homeless and families in distress. I did NOT eat the bread, the brisket, or the cobbler. I had ham, beans, and slaw. So, one more day with no wheat, no added sugar, no red meat. I missed the sugar.

ontarget
03-13-2012, 11:29 PM
I dropped by for wi this morning on our way to the lake. I maintained. That's all right. I think my body is just readjusting or something. Next week should be better.

Pam, ouch for shoulder pain. I vote for you to go to the doctor.

Sorry this is short. We're turning in for the night. I'll be back tomorrow.

Vickie
03-14-2012, 09:32 AM
Good morning Chicks! Thanks for thinking about me Sandra. They took a biopsy and scheduled another test for the day after Easter. I'm definitely stressed and in a holding pattern. Also a bit uncomfortable after the biopsy. Oh well. Just don't feel like talking much and am wishing I'd gotten all of the rest of this weight off.

Tejas
03-14-2012, 02:48 PM
Vickie :hug:

Tejas
03-14-2012, 06:36 PM
We went out for lunch and I had both red meat and bread! But, it was a salad with steak slices and one slice of whole wheat bread, so not so awful. I passed on dessert even though it is PIE Day. ( 3-14 for the mathematical concept of pi)

I've been very lazy today, and did not go to the gym. I think I will put in some time on our recumbent bike at home, do some core work and call it my exercise for the day.

ontarget
03-14-2012, 11:15 PM
Vickie, :hug: You are in my prayers. Please keep positive thoughts.

Rhonda, I had never heard of pi day.

pam920
03-15-2012, 09:42 AM
good morning chicks. Went shopping with my daughter and was gone until 10 pm. It was our first shopping trip since I got back to KY. She talked me into a bright yellow for my kitchen. I found fabric to make curtain panels. My dh hates yellow, but I told him that is the only color that will work in there. He is visiting his parents, so he will get a big surprise when he returns, if I can get all this done by Sunday.

Vickie, hugs my friend. I know it's hard not to worry, but I try to keep positive and things usually work out for the best. Maybe you need to stop in here more often, so we can cheer you up.

Rhonda, I'm writing that date on my calendar so I will remember pi day next year.

Sandra, a maintain is as good as a loss in my book. I will be so glad when this seasons BL is over and a new season starts. I'm not really liking anyone still left at the ranch.

beach bum
03-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Had a wonderful time at the Venus DeMilo, the corned beef dinner was delicious. The meat was so lean,not a bit of fat on it, and they gave you 4 to 6 pcs.along with 4 New Potatoes and 1/4 head of cabbage. The severed mustard and red wine vinegar for the dinner,but out table spilled the vinegar all over the table cloth,The waitress what to change the tablecloth,but we told it it was ok and not to bother. We did except a large cloth napkin to cover the spill. Can't take us anywhere LOL!!! The show with Andy Cooney,Irish dancer and the Irish Sopranos was superb. Got home around 6 PM.

PAM-Hope your shoulder is not hurting as much today. Thanks, we had a great time. I'm not Irish but my DH Leo was,I'm now taking over for him. Have lots of Irish friends to induct me.

VICKIE-Bringing :hug: and prayers your way.

RHONDA-You're doing great with your way of eating.Wish I had the discipline like you have. Once in while we have to give our bodies a rest from exercising.

Have to go the cemetery and put shamrocks on Leo's grave for St Patrick's day. Have a great day

ontarget
03-15-2012, 12:12 PM
Pam, yellow sounds cheery. I hope your dh likes it.

I need to take our valances down and clean them. :sigh:

Maryann, enjoy your day. We have tons of clover here--more than normal. Also, my oxalis is blooming beautiful pink bouquets. Looks like spring.

We are having lo orange chicken stir fry for lunch. It's delish!! I'm OP. Curtis and Bob are doing yard work. I'm excited about being op and also about getting the yard groomed. I will prob transplant some things this afternoon. Life is good.

Tejas
03-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Great exercise day; lousy food day. I had a hamburger AND a cookie! :(
:lol:

ontarget
03-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Inquiring minds want to know what kind of cookie.

nancy237
03-16-2012, 12:35 AM
Vickie.. :hug: Keep us posted.

March 28th is the day Robin passed away last year. I think My cousin & I are going to go to the beach overnight that day & next. Its hard to believe its been a year . But in some ways it seems like 10 years since I have had him here with me..weird..

I am up a pound..urgg..It seems the slightest bit of "cheat" shows up on those scales..But days & days of eating right takes forever to show up.

I have decided that working in the schools will give me the best benefits and I could probably retire in 5 years..In April I am going to start looking for a job.
I think it will be good for me to have a schedule & work friends.

I want to know what kind of cookie too !! If I can't have one I at least want to imagine one !!

Tejas
03-16-2012, 03:22 AM
There is only one kind of cookie: chocolate chip. :cookie:

Tejas
03-16-2012, 03:28 AM
Why am I awake? I'm thinking about cookies I guess....oatmeal, sugar, girl scout, peanut butter...ooohhhh...

Nancy, good luck with the upcoming anniversary of Robin's death. Time is so elastic. One day it can feel like the person was just here, then another day it seems like forever.

And you are so right about the pounds. If I eat whatever, whenever I can gain 5 pounds in two days. It's got to be bloating. But, eat right for 10 days and lose 1/2 pound, if anything. That's just unfair!

pam920
03-16-2012, 07:13 AM
morning chicks.

chocolate chip, I knew that. My fav for sure.

I'm up earlier than normal. Heard the coffee perking. I so agree about how easy it is to pick up the pounds and so hard to lose them. I've been so busy and haven't found the time to exercise. Told DH we need to walk this morning. He gets on the treadmill every time he eats. That is crazy. I just watch what I eat and don't have that problem. He is eating right. I think he is just obsessed lately with dropping those pounds.

Nancy, a year already. Time sure does fly.

ontarget
03-16-2012, 10:20 AM
My mother told me the older we get the harder it is to lose. My mother was a wise woman. It's almost like chiseling cement getting pounds to come off.

Chocolate chip? I can smell it!!!!

Nancy, it's good you and your cousin have something planned. You're fortunate to have such a good support system. Working for a school sounds interesting. Do you teach? I can't remember.

We're doing taxes this morning. I'm walking on eggshells around here till they are finished. We have an appt at 10 to finalize. After that we're going to Cotton Patch for lunch then home to play in the yard weather permitting.

Vickie, I'm thinking of you.

beach bum
03-16-2012, 10:54 AM
HI Ladies:)

Really don't have too much time to post as I going out to the Peanut butter Club With Alice. We met the other day and we decided to back to the PBC.

Other it going to be a quite weekend as all my other friends are either in NY or in Fla.

Otherwise nothing new,have a great day

ontarget
03-16-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm struggling this afternoon with some hunger pains. I think they are coming from "my head." I couldn't be hungry. So far so good. I just had some grapes. I wish it was easy to stay op all the time.

Tejas
03-16-2012, 08:21 PM
I had good intentions to get out to the gym today, but oh well. I actually slept in and was a bit late to tap class.

I had lunch out with the ladies on the block. They do this once a year and we went to one of our classier restaurants. It was fun and I had a wonderful creole dish. It had cream in it, and I'm sure about 1000 calories. But, breakfast and dinner were both modest, and I'll fast this weekend and kill myself at the gym :lol:

The evening is going to be very quiet here, and that's good. Perhaps we'll watch a movie. We haven't done our taxies yet; I'll call the accountant Monday. I will NOT do my own, even though they're simple.

nancy237
03-16-2012, 10:38 PM
My cousin & I went to a class called Wine & Design tonight. You sip wine and paint a picture with the class . It was a humingbird and I really like
the one I painted. I have no artistic skill so I was just glad to not embarress myself.

Grandson will be over tomorrow and we have a family dinner planned
Sunday night with my oldest coming home a few days & stepdaughter's family that lives here. I think I will fix fajitas so I can have low carbs without the
tortillas.

I am really unmotivated & spinning my wheels lately and may ask my Dr about the ADD medicine called Vyvanse. I have always had ADD and just compensated but I have a few friends say that this medicine makes life so much easier.

pam920
03-16-2012, 10:39 PM
we haven't done our taxes either. I'm afraid we will have to pay.

Sandra, did you cave in? If you are hungry, eat. I'm sure you made a healthy choice.

Rhonda, sounds like a fun day. I don't think you did too bad.

I've been staying OP and did the treadmill for 30 min.

pam920
03-17-2012, 08:59 AM
HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY

ontarget
03-17-2012, 10:14 AM
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!

Pam, I caved but journaled. This morning my weight is down a bit. That gives me good incentive.

Rhonda, I'm glad you had your time out with your neighbors. Sounds like fun. We didn't do our taxes either. It's good to pay for peace of mind.

Nancy, I take Buspirone daily. Well, I take 1/3 a tablet. It helps me with my ADD.

I'm heading in to town for a school reunion. Should be fun. Curtis decided not to go. I feel a bit odd going without him, but it will be good to see all who are there. This reunion is for several years. Decades actually. That's the way it is with a small school, I guess.

Tejas
03-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone. It was fun living in NYC on this day for three years. They know how to party.

But, no party here today, and no beer and no corned beef. We'll wear green.

Sandra, we've started having decade reunions too, but next year is my 50th and I'm sure we'll have a class party. Classes are getting smaller too, sadly.

Congrats on the art work, Nancy. I have a niece who takes something for ADD too and she is pleased with its effects.

nancy237
03-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Okay, my cousin thinks my problem is the blues from it being March
and that if I didn't feel that I needed ADD medicine last month that I should
get past the anniversary of his death and then decide if I still think I need it.

This is what I do when I am really down. I sit and don't like to plan anything, or make decisions, or get up early and everything seems pointless and uninteresting. I sorta feel frozen.

Tejas
03-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Nancy, that's the way everyone feels when they're down. You're in good company. I'm not sure that helps, but it is true.

I have managed over the last few years to MAKE myself go to the gym, regardless of my mood, and I always feel better. Take a walk and see if it helps to be outside.

I think your cousin as given you good advice.

On another topic, I recommend that everyone watch CNN tomorrow night and see Faheed Zahkaria's program on health care.

Off to the gym now.

beach bum
03-17-2012, 03:24 PM
:drinkup:"HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY LADIES":drinkup:

We have a cloudy day here on the Cape,but it not cloudy in my home,as I have my corned beef cooking and my Irish Music playing on the my Sirius radio. Call Leo family and wished all a Happy St Patrick's Day.

My DD kids are all have stomach viruses,hope that they will all be ok by the time i go down to visit,She didn't say anything,she seems to be very depressed. I don't know why except for the sickness in the family.

Other wise nothing it new,I stayed the same weight this week,I guess I lucky it wasn't a gain with all the scones I eat this week.YIKES!! not good for a person on a low carb diet.

PAM-Oh No I had my taxes done as soon as possible and I get my money back from the Fed and State. I'm always afraid if I wait too long to get them done and put in the mail,it would get lost,and then i would be in trouble.

SANDRA-Have a great time at your school renewal,never went to mine,as its in a bad neighborhood.

RHONDA-Know what you mean nothing better than to living in NYC during the St Patrick's Day and the parade. My friend Rita is match with her county Clair,if you watched the parade shes the one holding the Amer Flag.I miss the festivities as the people up here Irish in name only. No parades in our town,but the pubs will be filled. I made my corned beef & cabbage today.Next year I'm going to cook the cabbage and the potatoes separately.

ontarget
03-17-2012, 05:31 PM
I had a good time. The Class of 52 were the honorees. There weren't many there from my graduating class, but I knew a lot of folks. One older man asked me if I was Jimmie Sheets' sister. Another asked me if I was his wife. I'm his daughter. Maybe I need some anti-aging creams. :lol:

I didn't wear green, but I planted qite a bit in the yard after I got home. Curtis and I went to Lowe's and stocked up on plants. I'm a happy planter.

Tejas
03-17-2012, 08:21 PM
nah, Sandra, they need some ginko balboa

ontarget
03-17-2012, 08:32 PM
:lol:

Tejas
03-18-2012, 10:09 AM
So, I haven't been writing about it, but I have been in a funk the last two days. They ask us not to be political on 3FC, so I'll leave it to your imagination about what has been really bothering me.

I've just decided the way to get out of it is to cook a big meal. So, be here at 5PM and join us, my niece and her husband for a spring meal. I'm making ham, potatoes, asparagus, sauteed mushrooms, salad, and I might even make a pie. And, I'll serve sparkling wine.

SO THERE!

When all else fails, have a party :hat:

beach bum
03-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Just got back from Brunch and I might go to the movies with my Friend pat to see "The Vow". My friend Mary is till in Fla watching her Boston Red Sox play their per-season games.

Had a wonderful St Patrick's Day,but my meal of corned beef & cabbage didn't come out the way I wanted. Next year I'm going to put the cabbage & potatoes in there own pot and cook the corned beef by itself.

My BIL called last night and told me that he saw my friend Rita carry the Amer Flag on the side of her County Claire Banister in the NYC St Patrick's Day Parade. Too bad that they don't televise the NY Parade up here in the Cape I would have taped it for her and make a copy for her to have for prosperity.

SANDRA-Glad you were able to go to your class reunion,by all mean you don't need anything done to yourself.Some of the men are absent minded and really don't remember.

RHONDA-I just can imagine,don't like to talk about the subject either.
I'm up a little this morning as the salty corned beef with it sodium that s causing the bloat. I have to drink more water to day and hopefully will be down again.

Have a great Sunday

ontarget
03-18-2012, 02:09 PM
Rhonda, I hope you're out of your funk. We were in one last week but seem to be pulling out of it. Life goes on.

Maryann, I cooked an evening breakfast the other day that didn't turn out the way I wanted because I used a couple of different brands. Guess we have to "tweak" sometimes till we get all the way we want it.

Tejas
03-18-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm sitting on my screened-in porch, having a glass of wine, listening to the doves coo, and to what sounds like a cat in heat :lol: At least I hope that's what it is because it sounds awful.

Maryann, I LIVE politics, and love to talk about it, I'm just being quiet because 3FC doesn't want it on the site and I know not everyone shares my views. Believe me, I KNOW that one. But, even being non-partisan, I imagine most of us would like the world we now have to improve.

I've got my pie crust chilling, the beans are cooking, the ham is marinating, all's right with this spring day. Finally.

ontarget
03-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Rhonda, I'm looking at a large woodpecker right now.

We tried to do some shooting this afternoon, but the wind drove us indoors. My good eating habits took a detour today. Life goes on. I'm getting out my duster.

pam920
03-18-2012, 08:52 PM
Rhonda, my husband LIVES politics too. Not sure what party you belong to, you are vague at times. I try to steer clear but every now and again, someone on facebook will get me riled up. Then I can't keep my mouth shut. Your dinner sounds so good.

Sandra, I know you love to shoot, sorry the wind kept you inside. When you are done dusting there, come to my house.

Maryann, no corn beef here.

My daughter and granddaughter came today. My other daughter cut and colored their hair, so we spend the entire day at the salon. I gave them some home decor I no longer wanted.

I had a subway for breakfast/lunch and then a bowl of cereal. I'm still hungry so need to find something else to eat. Tomorrow is my official WI so wish me luck.

Tejas
03-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Pam, think Donkey.

Good luck with WI tomorrow.

My meal was fantastic...my mood is much improved, and I'm off to watch the CNN program on health care.