Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #1  
Started IP 02/01/2012

S/C/G: 179.6/156.4/145

Height: 5'4

Default IP plus HCG

So I was discussing this with somebody on the board today.....do you think there would be a benefit in combining both? Hmmmmm lol
Old 03-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #2  
Restart IP 1/1/15

S/C/G: 265.5/248/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealme View Post
So I was discussing this with somebody on the board today.....do you think there would be a benefit in combining both? Hmmmmm lol
Personally, I think the HCG diet is terrible. I am not sure if you mean the shots or drops. If you mean shots than you should discuss it with the doctor administering the shot. The drops are being pulled from the market because they don't work and caused some pretty bad side effects in people. HGC is a 500 cal a day diet and even more restrictive than the IP diet. I would assume the protien and other items in the IP packets would mess with the other diet anyway. Just my opinion.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #3  
Started IP 02/01/2012

Awesome, thank you Just looking for opinions I saw a huge controversay on the Atkins website forum there were some that were doing it and loved it others said they gained lol Thats why I want to see what you guys think
Old 03-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #4  
threenorns

HCG is from pregnant women's urine.

you really want to put that in your mouth or have it injected into your bloodstream?

Old 03-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #5  
Starting again 6/9/13

S/C/G: (S)180/(C)171/(G)155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs463 View Post
Personally, I think the HCG diet is terrible. I am not sure if you mean the shots or drops. If you mean shots than you should discuss it with the doctor administering the shot. The drops are being pulled from the market because they don't work and caused some pretty bad side effects in people. HGC is a 500 cal a day diet and even more restrictive than the IP diet. I would assume the protien and other items in the IP packets would mess with the other diet anyway. Just my opinion.
I agree with you. I think that there will be a lot of side effects from HCG that we will be seeing come to light in the future. IP is all that we should need to lose weight in a healthy way.

Steer clear of HCG!
Old 03-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #6  
Started IP 02/01/2012

HCG has been used for weightloss since the 70's is actually not a new idea...seems its like a new fad now but Ive heard nothing about side effects other than normal side effects of a VLCD (very low calorie diet) interesting ideas tho yes it is from a pregnant womans urine I would think its refined if you are putting it in your mouth lol
Old 03-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #7  
threenorns

here you go, then, straight from the horse's mouth:

http://hcgdietinfo.com/hCG-Side-Effects.htm

hCG Side Effect: Ovarian hyper-stimulation syndrome

Some women on the hCG diet have developed a side effect known as ovarian hyper-stimulation syndrome (OHSS), especially during the first round of treatment. While OHSS is rare, it can be a life threatening condition, so call your healthcare provider right away if you experience any of the following symptoms: Severe pelvic pain; swelling of the hands or legs; stomach pain and swelling; shortness of breath; weight gain; diarrhea; nausea or vomiting; or urinating less than normal.

hCG Side Effect: Early puberty in young boys

Another potential side effect of hCG injections for weight loss is the cause of early puberty when used to treat young boys. So call your doctor if you see any of the following symptoms of early puberty: Deepened voice; pubic hair growth; increased acne; and increased sweating.

hCG Side Effect: Multiple Births in Pregnancy

Using HCG may increase a woman’s chances of having a multiple birth (twins, triplets, quadruplets, etc). A multiple pregnancy can be a high risk pregnancy for both mother and child, so consult your doctor for instructions if you are pregnant or may become pregnant.

hCG Side Effect: Common side effects of hCG injections for weight loss.

Other less serious side effects of hCG can include, but are not limited to: headache; feeling restless or irritable; mild swelling or water weight gain; depression; breast tenderness and swelling; and or injection site inflammation and pain.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #8  
Started IP 02/01/2012

This doesnt really have to do with its use for weightloss and its effectiveness but thank you for the imput
Old 03-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

We at 3FC do not support HCG use for dieting:
Quote:
Please note that threads discussing HCG injections (they come with a 500 calorie diet plan) may be deleted at moderator discretion. We cannot support this plan here as it is dangerous, extreme, doesn't last, and even the FDA specifically does not allow HCG injections for weight loss.

Also please know that the FDA has called homeopathic HCG drops (and other oral forms) a "fraud" product. They may not be harmful, because any trace amounts of HCG that may be present are broken down by stomach acids. But there are no studies showing these products do anything at all. It is illegal to sell true hcg directly to consumers. UPDATE: FDA has classified this type of HCG as ILLEGAL and till be seeking criminal prosecution of sellers that continue to offer them.

Studies have shown hcg injections are no more effective than salt water placebo injections.

Side effects from this diet include hair loss, gallstones (requiring surgery), constipation, heart arrhythmias. Diets this low in calories have also caused deaths, as recorded by the CDC.

Another aspect to consider - If a young girl came here and posted that she was consuming just 500 calories per day, I would bet that 100% of you would worry about her and suggest she see an eating disorder counselor. Why would you consider doing the same thing?

This article may be helpful:
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/hcg-diet-fact-vs-fiction
Closed Thread