General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #1  
Improvise Adapt Overcome

S/C/G: 178/172/130

Height: 5'

Default Is this bad????

I found on here today My Fitness Pal and just finished adding all my food for the day. (I have been imputing all day) I ate normally, just sticking with my low sugar/low carb meals. I only consumed 706 calories. I do drink LOTS of water. I did have a snack of almonds earlier and will have some later.....but dang only 706???? That includes a mini-pizza I made (use tortillas instead of pizza dough). I know from reading on here that most people that count calories are around 1200. How can I be so low? Comments, suggestions, ect are needed LOL
peachypeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

You should eat more calories, but it's good that you are listening to your body's hunger signals. Sometimes I accidentally eat a smaller amount of calories than I should, but it usually evens out on another day. If I were you, I'd look over my meals and snacks to see which was too low. For example, if you ate 100 calories for lunch, then you could probably add to that tomorrow. Also, you could look at your nutrients like fiber, fat, protein, etc. That could tell you what you could add. Good luck! :-)
SensualSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/See ticker/120

Height: 5'3

I sometimes dip too low too (under 1000 when I want to consume around 1200 calories). So now, I eat a big healthy high calorie (500) breakfast that way I won't be calorie deficient and have to play the game of catch up. Plus it's great to start the day off right. Lots of energy.
pixeldust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #4  
Improvise Adapt Overcome

thanks yall......I am not huge on the calorie count thing because lots of what I eat is low or no sugar which keeps calories down. I just didn't know that they were that far down.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #5  
The 'x3' is a heart! :)

S/C/G: 250/low 200's/165

Height: 5'6

I know that I am taller than you, but I would be dead on 700 cals a day. I am kind of concerned for anyone going below 1200 for serious health reasons. Make sure you are getting all of the nutrients you need and take a good multivitamin. Awhile ago on 1000 calories my hair began to fall out because of the nutritional deficiencies I was causing myself. Im sorry to butt in here I am always just very concerned whenever I see a very low amount of calories. Maybe try making small additions to every meal to boost the calorie intake a bit?
mirax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #6  
Improvise Adapt Overcome

Thanks Mirax.....I did eat more today.....but I still didn't make it up to 1200. (I got to 1100) And to be very honest, it was kinda tough doing it. I went over my sugar count which kind of upsets me. The no sugar smoothie I got at the mall actually had 9g as per MyFitPal. :/ Not to mention, I don't want to just eat something just because.....yanno.
I do take a multi-vitamin because I know I don't get enough iron or calcium in my diet and the B's are always a help.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #7  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I do low carb and I have no sugar. I have to count calories because it is very easy to under eat on low carb because I don't get hungry on it and a lot of calories are cut with the carbs. What I do to keep my calories up is I add in some healthy fats.

Try doing that and see if it helps.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #8  

Height: 5'8"

Just a warning: I, too, ate under 1,000 calories for a few weeks when I was a teenager to lose weight and lost 15 pounds. However, I quickly gained it back plus like 20 pounds within a few months. I would never eat that few of calories again because your metabolism will get used to it and once you do eat 2,000 calories or whatever, you will gain it back...I would add some fruit, yogurt, or a "cheat" snack if you are only consuming 700 calories.
cherryblossomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:45 PM   #9  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Where are you in your cycle? Are you hungry?

I don't eat if I'm not hungry. Period. I'm STARVING during the week before my period and not hungry at all the week after. It all evens out. Unless you're eating at that level for weeks and weeks, I honestly don't see an issue with it.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote