Old 03-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #1  

Default What's your latest NSV?

A couple weeks ago i went to visit my parents. When i go, i have a 5 mile route that i run and my dad loops on his bike twice. When he finishes up his second lap, he'd wait 15+ minutes for me to get back to the car. This time, coming to my last 1/4 of a mile i hear my dad call my name coming up behind me.

I've increased my speed! It felt amazing!

What's your latest NSV?
nighswimmer_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #2  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations! I think my latest NSV was getting a date.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #3  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

the triumphant return of one of my favourite shirts. Of course it still could fit a little better but at least it fits at all
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #4  
Long Hauling It

S/C/G: 365/208/190

Height: 6' 3"

A day to day thing, but the amount of social confidence I now have in situations with strangers.
shapedself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 300+/Ticker!/140 lbs

Height: 5'8" Age: 27

I just returned from a 12 day trip home to Florida to visit my mom and family and friends I hadn't seen since October. They were all so thrilled at how much smaller I am even just since Oct!

I bought a ton of new (like-new used) clothes for spring from consignment/thrift shops. When I was heavy I couldn't find much in those shops because of the small selection of plus sized clothes.

Mom also couldn't believe that I fit into size 8/10 pants and medium tops. I'm thrilled about that too!

The biggest NSV for me lately though, is when I called mom a couple days ago since returning home from the trip. She said she's so proud of me and that I've inspired her to make healthy changes and lose weight. She's been heavy as long as I can remember and has been pre-diabetic for years so I'm thrilled she wants to make changes!!
Riesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:50 AM   #6  

Great job ladies!!
Old 03-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/181/135

Height: 5'7''

My hands and feet are much thinner.
And I have dropped down one size this year!

MARLA26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #8  
Incredible Shrinkin Woman

S/C/G: 270/234/155

Height: 5'11"

I didnt give in! I just started my weight loss journey, and yesterday was tough and all i wanted to do, all day, was give in and grab some quick unhealthy food. BUT I DIDNT! I know its a really small thing, but i am so proud that I didnt give in to my cravings!
UnderTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 169.75/125/125

Height: 5'2.75"

Mine was putting on a t-shirt today that last year wouldn't have gone over my boobs comfortably and realising I have room in it around the waist, and can actually wear it and breathe at the same time!
d130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:16 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 286/209/150

Height: 5'4

Today, I was having a sweet tooth. I went to the grocery store for some other things and dared to go into the cookie aisle. I picked up a package of oreos but put them down and got fig newtons.

Then, when I got home, realizing that there was no way I would be able to have a pack of fig newtons in my house and not devour them all, I picked out 2, and put the rest in the car, knowing that I'd be too lazy to go out there and get any. Then my sister came by to get some stuff and I gave the whole pack to her.

Go me! This NEVER would have happened in the past. I would have happily stuffed down every cookie.
gonnabfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:24 AM   #11  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Today, I realized I had left the belt I usually wear at school (that I've been wearing on the 4th and 5th notches out of 5), so I was digging through my closet trying to find another one that I knew would fit because the pants I was wearing required a belt. I pulled out one that was, I believe, a mall size XL (something I've NEVER been able to fit in) that my friend bought me at least a year ago. At that time, I couldn't even get it around me, and now I can wear it on the first and second notch. EXCITEMENT!
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:36 AM   #12  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I put on a pair of pants I bought a few months ago that "I would wear once I lost weight" (they were a good price, looked awesome but didnt have a bigger size). I found them in my closet yesterday so I dared to put them on. I was soo scared of the dissapointment I would feel if they still didn't fit. But they did! They did up no problem. My heart dropped lol!!!

Another one that has happened recently was I actually noticed my weight loss in a mirror. I was babysitting the other day and my client has this huge floor to ceiling mirror in the living room. You have to walk towards it to get to the kitchen. When I was walking to the kitchen, I noticed myself in the mirror and went OMG I AM ACTUALLY SMALLER!. I've never physically noticed the weight loss before (just saw numbers on the scale). That night was awesome, even when the kid was being a brat!

Last edited by Candeka; 03-12-2012 at 12:38 AM.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:59 AM   #13  

I must agree, the feeling you get when you put on 'those' pants or 'that' top and realize how much better it fits from when you first tried it on, whether it be an old fave or something you couldn't pass up the deal on= amazing.

Keep it going ladies!

I've had a bit of a rough weekend. Too many baked goods than i'd care to admit >.< Its ok, just gotta get back to it. Wish me luck
Old 03-12-2012, 03:03 AM   #14  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

my latest NSVs are pretty small compared to some, but they made me happy.

1) i started strength training last month, and i'm starting to notice a little definition in my biceps.

2) i didn't have to switch hands while shaving my legs
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #15  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

1. my mom told me that i have "musician's fingers" - think like piano player hands. i've always had pretty big hands and large fingers, now my ring size is about a 7.5 and my fingers are super long and super skinny. woo.

2. my favourite zip up hoodie was getting a little sad looking, so i went and bought 2 new zip ups (given the time i spend hauling but to and from yoga, i need comfy zip ups. so i bought 2, one in a size small, and another one in a size 4 from lululemon (so that's like a 6 in regular sizing).

3. my "high weight" after eating stuff i shouldn't has gone down from 176 to 172. BABY STEPS.
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote