South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 07:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend Beaching , 3/10-3/11

I have coffee ready for anyone who's interested.

I stayed in bed until the sunshine woke me up today. I would have slept in longer, but I have to go grocery shopping and put together a veggie platter this morning to get ready for a Pampered Chef party that my DIL and I are hosting. I hope the guests don't mind a bathroom that's half torn apart. At least the drywall is a pretty green color.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Linda - So glad you got us started today. Enjoy the party. I had to finally replace my favorite little spatula from them.

BIG NEWS - I got the job. Yes, the same job that I previously did NOT get. The manager decided to add another person and it's me. I don't have a start date yet but I go in Monday to fill out paperwork and will find out then. I'm excited and nervous. It's been 15 years since I last had a real job. Best part - I get to wear sneakers and exercise clothes to work!

My teen comes home for break tonight so I'll be staying up past my bedtime to meet him at the airport. He's been struggling lately, thinking he might change his major, so this break is probably much needed.

My other son is off to Vermont with friends today. I'm going to do some research on towns in PA where he might like to live. (Can you say "helicopter mom?") Anyone know anything about Emmaus or Bethlehem? Both have been mentioned by people who work for the company that hired him.

I'm going to try mashed cauliflower in the crockpot today. I'm expecting yumminess.

Have a great weekend!
Old 03-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Cottage - the coffee is fabulous this AM, thanks. Good thing I'm not closer, I might show up at the pampered chef party!

Karen - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! LOL...does that mean you're changing your avatar now? But I liked it so much! Did you ever say what the job was? Good luck, and welcome back to the working world! (it makes dieting easier, IMHO)

It is a beautiful morning out, and the coffee is SO much better than it was yesterday! I need to "take back the house" today, thank goodness we almost never get drop in guests. This afternoon the DH and I are probably taking off with the kids to look at new trucks. His has 160K miles on it, so we're considering our options.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-10-2012, 07:27 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sunshine here too, Cottage, but also three inches of snow! It's dazzlingly white out there. Things are warming up tomorrow for an above normal week so I'm not in a panic to go out and shovel.

Karen, I was so hoping that feeling yesterday would pan out. Sounds like you will be working for a smart manager! What a weekend you will have with one of your "lads" home and the other on the move. All I know about Emmaus and Bethlehem is that they are in PA and in the Bible. PM me if you want more info than that!

A great book club at Liz's last night as Moel forgot to tell Liz he'd volunteered to hold it at their place! They are in the middle of painting their "parlour" so Liz had to do a lot of scurrying and "direction" when she got home at five and he remembered. I guess it's a guy thing.

I may or may not have to do that dog evaluation today. Kierra's owner is to call me. However, she works until 9 PM, does not have voice mail and seldom checks her email. If I hear from her, fine; otherwise, I should go to a funeral in Brockville this afternoon.

Breathing a big sigh of relief this morning. I thought I had lost my tickets to "West Side Story". They were very expensive (over $500) and the show is sold out so they could not be replaced. There they were on the mantle where I put special things. Donna probably would have found them today when she dusted but ... The $$$ wasn't the problem but I would have hated to disappoint my sister as she's looking forward to it. Right now she's in Vancouver where the daffodils are over and the tulips are starting, lucky woman!

So today is mostly mine and tonight the time changes. I'm really looking forward to having it bright later and getting out to walk without slipping and sliding on ice. There's mud of course but

Happy weekend, Beachies.

ETA: So glad today is not a "stinky" one, Twinn. See I d read FB. Mine was a bit but all is well now. My coffee is great this morning too - SF French Vanilla in it! (Probably not SBD compliant but hey!)
Old 03-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Morning chores are done and I don't have to run out anywhere. Definitely a good way to start the day.

Cottage - No sunshine here, you must have it all We have a tiny little dusting of snow. Enjoy your party

Karen - that's so exciting, congratulations! I changed my major 5 times in college, lots of kids do. Hope the two of you are able to spend some quiet time catching up this week.
I was thinking about trying that crockpot mashed cauliflower. Looking forward to hearing your review.

Twynn - So glad you have good coffee this morning!

I have the usual weekend chores and errands planned. It's going to warm up again tomorrow so I can look forward to more outdoor walks. The water birds are migrating too, so DW and I might take a little drive tomorrow to bird. It's nice to do some of the things we enjoy again.

ETA - Good morning Ruth! Mud season starting here too. I so love daffodils, looking forward to flowers blooming around here.

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-10-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:40 AM   #6  

Karen, Congrats on getting the job! What will you be doing? It sounds like something in a gym? Both Bethlehem and Emmaus are pretty towns, especially Emmaus. If your DS decides to settle there, I'm hoping we get to meet one day while you're visiting him!

Twynn, I would love it if you showed up at my house this afternoon! Have fun reclaiming the house. At least everyone will be out of your way!

Ruth, thank goodness you found those tickets! That's amusing about Moel forgetting to tell Liz about the book club, but so typical of men. I do hope that at least he tidied up the place and fixed some snacks for it.

ETA-

Morning, Cyndi! Yep, I'm hogging all the sunshine although it's pretty cold! Sorry about your snow.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 03-10-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

The 10 day forecast is all 50 degree or warmer days so I can deal with a little dusting of snow for a few hours I'm pretty sure it's spring
Old 03-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #8  

Good Morning Chickies,

It looks like it is going to be a beautiful day here. I have the day to myself, DH is heading out to visit some friends. I have some house work and figure out what to make for dinner and then I am going to attempt to sew a jacket for myself, (don't know what I am thinking on that). Abby needs a bath and a good brushing.

Karen, congrats on the job.

Twynn have fun truck shopping.

Everyone have a super day.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Karen - congratulations of getting the job. You are in for a major routine change there.

Ruth - wow, on the price of the tickets but West Side Story is so worth it, I guess we date ourselves there.

Cottage - one of my friends is a Pampered Chef representative. I guess I will go to one of those parties one of these days.

Cyndi - have fun bird watching. I saw a rather big bird that is grey and red chested up north and have been scouting the internet and books to see what it is and haven't found it yet.

Tywnn - enjoy car shopping.

Chickadee - I need to go and have some coffee, I read your super day as sugar day.

my cold is getting better and thank goodness daughter put back coming for one day so I can do some cleaning here. Otherwise, not much going on but DD and SIL bought a house which they take possession of on April 25th so that is exciting for us.
take care
Sophie
Old 03-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #10  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Hi chicks! Quick fly-by as I have to be out the door in 4 minutes. Off to help with fall sports sign-ups for a few hours. I'm bringing almonds but I don't know how much time I'll have to snack. Will definitely be ready for lunch by the time we get done at 1:30!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone

A flyby for me, too! We traveled this morning and I've been to work and back, as well. Now we're headed to Denver...gotta get out before the ski traffic starts heading back from the slopes.

Karen, congrats on your new position!
Old 03-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #12  

Good morning. I slept in until 7 and am feeling lazy and decadent. There's nothing special on my agenda for the day, so I'm not even going to feel guilty. Andrea and I were going to take the kids into the city to watch Carley in the St. Patrick's Day parade, but I just don't feel like dealing with the crowds. And, anyway, St. Patrick's Day isn't til next Saturday. What's with having the parade a week ahead??? I'll watch it Livestream on TV instead.

How's your Sunday looking?
Old 03-11-2012, 07:45 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Looking good with a sunny and warm day predicted after below normal temps the past few days. Highs of 52 to 60 should melt more of the snow and ice. Wish dear Carley a good dancing day and tell her I want to see pictures. (I've no idea why St. P. celebrations are early this year. Ottawa declared this week Irish Week in the Capital! Maybe to coincide with March Break. )

No plans for today except coffee here after Church. I may take advantage of the available muscle mass to get a heavy maple chest of drawers moved from the upstairs storage to Doug's truck. It's being re-homed at Heather's place. This afternoon I'll plug away at Mill Accounting stuff and do some more work on that 9-patch quilt which was not as easy as I thought because I'm working with a one-way fabric pattern.

I may shovel off the deck to help the sun get Spring going. I am hoping to be able to sit out there in a sheltered spot during the week and enjoy the Spring air.

I hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday with little bits of fun work if you must.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

I will love the daylight this afternoon but right now I want my hour of sleep back. We are doing what birders do and heading out to check out the flooded farm fields. All kinds of interesting things can be found there this time of year. I'm so happy DW is able to make these little drives again. hopefully we will head to the coast soon.

Happy Sunday friends
Old 03-11-2012, 09:48 AM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I am with ya Cyndi!!! Have a nice drive!

As for me, I need to go buy a suit. The one I had was probably 2 sizes too big for me so I have to go shopping. I am not looking forward to it. Even though I've lost a lot of weight, it's never enough when it comes to clothes. I go in wanting to always be a size smaller than I really am and get sad when that smaller size doesn't fit. I should be glad I went from a 22 to an 18 but those 16s are calling my name! Which is how I talked myself out of pizza last night and opted for a salad and sandwich instead.

Oh, and I loved the kale chips and the dried fruit! But, is it REALLY worth it to buy the dehydrator? Am I really going to get out of my lazy funk and use it or is it better for me to just buy it, ready made? The apples, which I loved to death, were only $3 a bag. I just have to decide what is worth it for me.

Back to my coffee and cottage cheese.
Closed Thread