Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 04:09 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Weekend chat Sat 3/10 - Sun 3/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
[/QUOTE]
Old 03-10-2012, 06:14 AM   #2  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Off to be assistant volleyball coach, my 18 year old daughter is the head coach and my niece is on the team. Should be a fun day, even with the 6 hours of driving. Got veggies and IPs all ready to go. Staying OP all the way. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:35 AM   #3  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

WI today , Wish me luck! At my coach's advice and a weight loss stall, I have been on Novi cleanse all week, have not noticed any difference.
We shall see.
Wuv your pictures are great!
Tripmamma good luck today, love your posts!
:smile:
Old 03-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #4  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Since Allot of people have been taking their pictures to compare for when they lost the weight, I had my son take some full body shots of me and some close up face shots. OMG!, That is NOT how I see myself in the mirror. I am so much thinner in my eyes. It was really very depressing. I dont want to leave the house and have anyone seeing me. I almost reverted to eating to make me feel better. (How crazy is that since that is why i look the way I do) I am quite depressed by this. I was hoping that it would motivate me... I am not sure it did. Oh well, I will keep chugging along.

I have a Busy day today, I hope everyone has a great OP day!

Last edited by Cadu; 03-10-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #5  
let's do this!

S/C/G: 227/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Morning Everyone

Hope it's a awesome OP weekend!

Thursday marked 6 weeks into IP for me, and I am over the moon to say I have lost 31 pounds so far , another 33 to go woot!!!

Have a great weekend and stay strong!!

Cheers/S...
Old 03-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

17 days into IP and I feel fantastic! Many times I have reached out to this forum for advice, support or just reassurance that this will work- just stay op. Busy weekend- my hubby has a booth at a trade show all weekend advertising the lake front lots we have for sale, I'm taking the kids skiing today and tomorrow is my sons last game of his first year in hockey! If I can stay OP at the ski hill that will be a huge NSV! I'm a little worried about being hungry/weak as I have done very little physical exercise since starting IP. I'll have no choice- I have to keep up to the rug rats skiing! Have a great day everybody!!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
Off to be assistant volleyball coach, my 18 year old daughter is the head coach and my niece is on the team. Should be a fun day, even with the 6 hours of driving. Got veggies and IPs all ready to go. Staying OP all the way. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Tripmama,
A 6 hour trip - wow, I must be getting soft - I rarely drive 6 hours unless I'm going to stay somewhere for several days. My hat is off to you!

Have fun, it sounds like you are prepared and have your personal supporters all around you.

Have a great day!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Since Allot of people have been taking their pictures to compare for when they lost the weight, I had my son take some full body shots of me and some close up face shots. OMG!, That is NOT how I see myself in the mirror. I am so much thinner in my eyes. It was really very depressing. I dont want to leave the house and have anyone seeing me. I almost reverted to eating to make me feel better. (How crazy is that since that is why i look the way I do) I am quite depressed by this. I was hoping that it would motivate me... I am not sure it did. Oh well, I will keep chugging along.

I have a Busy day today, I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Cadu,
Use them to motivate you but maybe consider this too - think about finding a picture of a woman whose body you want to ultimately have and put your face over hers. Put it somewhere private but where you can see it often. Focus on your goal and know everyday you are making progress. You can have the body you want! I make treasure maps of things I want, including my body and they often come true. I do keep them private.

I buy a lot of fitness magazines when I'm dieting so I keep my mindset on health, fitness and I'm always combing these boards (to the extent work and other obligations allow - drat it - have to work!) to hear about others successes and new recipes.

Stay positive, and look to help others on their weight loss trek - the by-product is that you become stronger and stronger in your resolve to succeed.

Best regards,
Chloe
Old 03-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #9  
Peggy

S/C/G: 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morining! A quick question for those that have done phase 2. My clinic wants to move me to phase 2 when I hit 90% of my goal. That should happen in the next few weeks. On average how long does phase 2 typically last? When I phase over I will be about 6 pounds from goal. I don't like change but I am sort of getting excited and realizing that reaching my goal weight is completely possible. 17 weeks ago I had my doubts about my ability to stick with it but I've been 100% OP the whole time.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

Well my weekend is the normal, working the ever so boring night shifts at work  really hoping this will be my last weekend as I took a new job as a case manager for the ever wonderful agency Big Brother/ Sisters!!! I’m so happy as its 15 minute highway drive other than the 45 minute highway drive. I’m so happy to have landed this position as it’s the first ‘employment break’ I have gotten since we relocated from Calgary Alberta. I will however have to change my WI date, normally its Thursdays but I’m going to WI on a Wednesday this week, buy 2 weeks’ worth of food and change my date to Mondays as I have Mondays off at the new place. Really starting to feel motivated as my last WI is -5.4lbs the best weight loss in 5 week OP. Moving to a place on the lake at the end of the month which has me really stressed out about how to plan and eat during that time! Other than that have a wonderful weekend my fellow IP’ers! Sending my support to all from the village of Alix Alberta lol!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 238/203.2/140

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Since Allot of people have been taking their pictures to compare for when they lost the weight, I had my son take some full body shots of me and some close up face shots. OMG!, That is NOT how I see myself in the mirror. I am so much thinner in my eyes. It was really very depressing. I dont want to leave the house and have anyone seeing me. I almost reverted to eating to make me feel better. (How crazy is that since that is why i look the way I do) I am quite depressed by this. I was hoping that it would motivate me... I am not sure it did. Oh well, I will keep chugging along.!
You totally aren't alone. I took pics on Wednesday and all I could think was "OMG, this is me with ~15lbs less?! What did I look like week 1?!" I've tucked them away and I'm hoping in a month we'll both be able to look at them and see what great changes we've made. Right now, though, they really are the opposite of inspiration for me.

Here's the key, I think. How do you feel, day-to-day? Do you feel better? Stronger? Good about the changes you're making? I do and I try to remind myself of that constantly. You're working so hard and doing a great thing for yourself so try to remember that, k? I'm guessing we all feel like that sometimes, too, so this is the perfect place to vent. So vent, instead of eating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Cadu,
Use them to motivate you but maybe consider this too - think about finding a picture of a woman whose body you want to ultimately have and put your face over hers. Put it somewhere private but where you can see it often. Focus on your goal and know everyday you are making progress. You can have the body you want! I make treasure maps of things I want, including my body and they often come true. I do keep them private.

I buy a lot of fitness magazines when I'm dieting so I keep my mindset on health, fitness and I'm always combing these boards (to the extent work and other obligations allow - drat it - have to work!) to hear about others successes and new recipes.

Stay positive, and look to help others on their weight loss trek - the by-product is that you become stronger and stronger in your resolve to succeed.

Best regards,
Chloe
Thanks for sharing, Chloe -- it's nice to read about what works for other people!

Take care of yourselves, ladies. And have a great OP weekend!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #12  

I don't think we are good judges of our own appearance. I look in the mirror everyday and think...wow...I've lost 40 pounds and hardly look different..BUT..other people say to me...WOW...Half of you is missing!
Thank goodness for other people hahaha.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! I have another busy day today. We are celebrating my daughter's awesome report card tonight and I am trying to get everything cleaned up today. No big challenges except for dinner out but I know I can get a steak where we are going so I should be fine.

Have a great OP day all!
Old 03-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #14  
Started IP 10/13/11

S/C/G: 280/170/210

Height: 5' 10

Had to share some good news. Went on vacation to Disney (in maintance) on Feb. 22 came back March 1 with a few extra pounds on Re-booted to phrase one on March 2 today down eight pounds. So glad to know that when you gain on a few pounds back you can lose it quickly. Phrasing off again today
Old 03-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #15  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Cadu,

Best regards,
Chloe
THANK YOU SO MUCH for the encouraging words and the tips. I am trying to stay positive, I do feel better now then I did this morning whe I posted. I was having an oh poor me moment. Since then, I have been moving and grooving cleaning, have actually worked up a sweat and I do feel better.
Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRinOttawa View Post
You totally aren't alone. I took pics on Wednesday and all I could think was "OMG, this is me with ~15lbs less?! What did I look like week 1?!" I've tucked them away and I'm hoping in a month we'll both be able to look at them and see what great changes we've made. Right now, though, they really are the opposite of inspiration for me.

Here's the key, I think. How do you feel, day-to-day? Do you feel better? Stronger? Good about the changes you're making? I do and I try to remind myself of that constantly. You're working so hard and doing a great thing for yourself so try to remember that, k? I'm guessing we all feel like that sometimes, too, so this is the perfect place to vent. So vent, instead of eating.

Thanks for sharing, Chloe -- it's nice to read about what works for other people!

Take care of yourselves, ladies. And have a great OP weekend!
THANKS!! I am so glad I am not alone (although I dont wish you to feel this way either). I do feel better since being on plan and honestly I have noticed things that are better such as fitting into a pair of jeans that I couldnt before, being able to tie my shoes easier and I have more energy. maybe someday we will share those photos to show how far we have come.

Thanks for helping me put this into perspective.

It's so nice to have a place to come when you are feeling so down and alone. I thank you all for being there.

Last edited by Cadu; 03-10-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Closed Thread