Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 172/Ticker/122

Height: 5'4"

Lightbulb i'm a happy chocolate hoarder

So, Fridays are my days to go food shopping - most weeks its groceries and some weeks it's chocolate.
I take immense pleasure in buying chocolate - I love to stand in the aisle and look at everything that's there. As I walk to the store, I plan what I want to buy.

Today, as I went through my routine, I realized I take more pleasure in buying the chocolate than I ever do eating it. In fact, in the past couple months since I started eating mindfully, chocolate (and ice cream) have been piling up in my apartment (I can prevent myself from eating anything when I'm mindful/willing).
I just absolutely love the process of buying it and cherish the knowledge that it's there. I will buy the candy and days will go by without it being touched but the fact that its been bought gives me unbelievable satisfaction and happiness.

That's it - no question or helpful tip here...Just wanted to share a weird revelation...
sparklegirl07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

I eat dark 1 piece of dark chocolate after every meal. I thought it is good.
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklegirl07 View Post
So, Fridays are my days to go food shopping - most weeks its groceries and some weeks it's chocolate.
I take immense pleasure in buying chocolate - I love to stand in the aisle and look at everything that's there. As I walk to the store, I plan what I want to buy.

Today, as I went through my routine, I realized I take more pleasure in buying the chocolate than I ever do eating it. In fact, in the past couple months since I started eating mindfully, chocolate (and ice cream) have been piling up in my apartment (I can prevent myself from eating anything when I'm mindful/willing).
I just absolutely love the process of buying it and cherish the knowledge that it's there. I will buy the candy and days will go by without it being touched but the fact that its been bought gives me unbelievable satisfaction and happiness.

That's it - no question or helpful tip here...Just wanted to share a weird revelation...
You replied on my thread about the carbs. Part of the reason I don't get many is I gave up sweets for lent(no I am not Catholic but hubby is and this year decided it sounded like a good idea). So I can't have any chocolate or ice cream or cookies. It has been so much easier than I thought. The only time I crave them is when I see them in the stores. I guess its a visual thing like you have.
erh12275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 286/209/150

Height: 5'4

This is how I feel about grocery shopping period. I just love it. I never get chocolate though.
gonnabfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

I have experienced this as well. I never used to be able to keep sweets in the house without eating all of them, but now I can for some reason.
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/183/145

I sometimes get an urge to buy those fancy-looking super-dark chocolate bars, even though I probably wouldn't be able to eat one!
Ruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 133/120/120

Height: 5'2

I did the same thing yesterday! I couldn't resist all of the cute mini packaged chocolate eggs and ended up buying cadbury's and Reese's eggs but never touched them. I like knowing their there though in the event of an "emergency". ;-)
KDeian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

If your stockpile gets too big, I'd be happy to give you my address. I have lots of cupboard space...
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 172/Ticker/122

That's funny moondance ...actually, every time i think about/see my pile and resist eating it, I feel powerful
so as long as it rubs my ego, it's not going anywhere
sparklegirl07 is offline   Reply With Quote