Goal! - 133 pounds lost - my goal story :)

chickadee32
03-09-2012, 01:22 AM
This morning I weighed in at 147.3 lbs – a BMI of 24.9 – and officially met my goal! I had been thinking about that goal for SO long that reaching it almost felt anticlimactic, but the excitement simmered all day today and by tonight I just wanted to take a bunch of photos and shout it from the rooftops that I have really done it – I have lost nearly 133 lbs! I still can't quite believe it.

For those who just want the basics, I lost the weight by calorie counting at 1200-1500/day and exercise 5 days/wk, and it took a little shy of 14 months to reach my goal. That’s it, nothing fancy. For those who can make their way through the whole story (it’s long!!!), that’s below. Photos are below as well. :)

My weight loss journey started on January 18, 2011. I had seen an endocrinologist the prior day to get some blood work results back; I had been trying to conceive for more than a year and it hadn’t happened, and he was checking my hormone levels to see if there was some imbalance. I expected something, some piece of information that would help explain why I wasn’t getting pregnant, but there was little news in the blood work and instead he told me that my weight was the reason I couldn’t conceive. It was devastating to hear. I wanted so badly to have a child, had been ready for several years before my husband was ready, and I was just crushed that it was *me*, my weight, that was standing in the way of that.

When I left the doctor’s office, I felt like I had two choices: cry and hate myself, or change something. And I cried a lot that night, and I did hate myself. I had no idea how to lose weight, I was certain I would feel deprived and miserable for as long as it took, and because of that I was sure that trying would just mean failure. But the next day I started; it was really the only option if I ever wanted to have a child. I began working in an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of what I was eating and the calorie counts of each item, trying to keep each day below 1800 calories. I don’t know how I picked that number; it just seemed like somewhere to start. It was annoying at first, looking everything up, calculating, and typing everything out in the spreadsheet. But I liked seeing that I was DOING something about my weight, and having those numbers each day to prove it. After about 10 days I finally bought a scale; I went back to my regular doctor’s office and weighed myself there and then at home so that I could get a starting figure and know how much I had lost, and I was thrilled to see that I was down about 7 lbs. Those 10 days, that 7 lbs – that was all I needed. Yes, the first few days had been a little rough making those first few changes, but I didn’t feel deprived or miserable, and I was LOSING WEIGHT! I was in, I was ready, and I knew then that I could do it.

I set a goal of reaching a normal BMI (and even though I felt very committed, I still didn’t know how that was ever going to be possible!), and I found that I didn’t really need to eat all 1800 cals/day to be full and satisfied, so I dropped my calorie range to 1200-1500/day. And then I joined a gym. I was terrified going in there the first time, and didn’t want to join up with a membership because again – I was sure I couldn’t do it, couldn’t make myself go on a regular basis. But I signed up anyway, and that first night I struggled through a mile walk on the treadmill. Until that point I don’t think I had realized just how out of shape I had really become – I used to be a varsity athlete in high school! I was sweaty and out of breath and tremendously embarrassed… but I went back the next night to walk again, and the night after that. A few weeks after I began I bought a few sessions with a trainer and learned how to use the weight machines at the gym, and for many months that was my routine – walking on the treadmill a few nights per week, and using the weight machines two or three nights each week.

I began to really feel the changes in myself after I’d lost about 25-30 lbs. I felt so much pride, such a feeling of accomplishment. I was doing something that just a few weeks earlier I hadn’t believed I could do. No one else could see it yet, but that didn’t matter – I felt D*MN good about myself, and there was nothing that was going to get in my way of continuing to lose the weight. For a long time no one could tell (and I’d told no one but my family and a few close friends that I was trying to lose weight), but after I’d lost about 60 lbs people at work began commenting. I felt amazing, physically and emotionally. I felt like I was becoming the person I had always been somewhere on the inside – someone who was proud of who they were.

On June 11th, after I’d lost close to 70 lbs, I found out I was pregnant. I won’t bore people with all the details here (I could fill pages), but things went very bad very fast, and on June 30th I had a 4 hour emergency laparotomy to resolve an ectopic pregnancy. The surgery revealed that I have severe endometriosis, a condition in which endometrial tissue grows outside the uterus and results in cyst-like endometriomas and adhesions (tissue bridges) between structures in the pelvic cavity. The endometriosis had warped my fallopian tubes to the point where conception was difficult and ectopic pregnancy likely when conception did occur. This meant two things: IVF was going to be my only option for a pregnancy, and my weight hadn’t been the reason I couldn’t conceive.

It was a lot of news to take in – especially on top of the emotional pain of losing a pregnancy I had so desperately wanted for so long, and on top of the physical pain I was in - and I had a lot of time at home recovering from the surgery to think about it. I was angry at first, very angry, about the way I’d felt in January when I was told my weight was the reason I couldn’t conceive. All the time I’d spent beating myself up over it, all the tears and self-loathing. And I was angry at the OB/GYN I’d been seeing for not recognizing the true cause of my infertility, and what I’d been through the previous month as a result. But I was certain about one thing – I wasn’t going to stop losing weight. I couldn’t control my infertility, but I could control my health and my weight, and I was determined to continue losing no matter what. I was SO glad when I was finally cleared to return to the gym 6 weeks later – I never thought I could miss exercising so much!

Much of the ~7 months since that time have passed in a blur. I kept losing, but the fight with my weight was much harder as I went on and off and on and off first birth control and then various other hormones when I began the IVF. Hormones really wreak havoc with your weight, that’s for sure. But I never questioned whether I should stop trying to lose even when the scale was going up instead of down; I was going to keep fighting and win this fight eventually, no matter what it took or how frustrated I became.

And I feel like I have finally won, in so many ways. Today, I am a normal weight. I feel confident every day walking out the front door. I blend into the crowd instead of standing out because of my weight. I can run; I can do real pushups. I have so much energy some days I don’t know what to do with it. The me on the outside reflects the me on the inside – the more confident, comfortable-in-my-own-skin version of me that I am today. This is far and away the best thing I have ever done for myself, and these days I am so grateful to that doctor who told me I couldn’t get pregnant because of my weight. Without that, who knows how much more time I might have wasted being so unhappy with myself. I love myself today in a way I don’t think I ever have. I am stronger than I thought I was, in every way, and I am so proud of what I have done.

I am also so grateful to the people in my life and on this forum who have been so supportive. I have b*tched and whined and complained enough to make people’s ears/eyes bleed, and yet so many offered support so readily and selflessly. So many people listened patiently as I rambled endlessly about calorie counts and exercise, and they never complained. To those of you here who have known me through this journey, and to the many, many posters from whom I have drawn inspiration, thank you. I will forever be grateful to have had this forum to help me become the woman I was meant to be.

Edited to add some photos! I apologize for the poor quality of some of these... I'm terrible at taking photos in general, and especially of myself! I don't have many that I saved from when I was at my highest weight so there's only one or two in there, but hopefully these show the difference pretty well. I will take the face photos out at some point.

These images, from left to right, are at approximately 280 lbs, 230 lbs, 200 lbs and 145 lbs. The 280 lb photo was taken a few days before I began my weight loss journey.

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x457/chickadee3FC/275vs230vs200vs145.jpg

With the exception of the first photo, these face shots were taken on the same date as the above photos (the ~275 lb face shot was taken about a week after I began losing weight).

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x457/chickadee3FC/273vs230vs200vs145face.jpg

These photos were taken at ~280 lbs, ~190 lbs, and today at ~145 lbs in the dress I bought to celebrate reaching my goal. :)

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x457/chickadee3FC/280vs190vs145.png

This is probably my favorite comparison shot. The first photo was taken a few days before I began losing weight, and if I hadn't started losing weight by the time my sister PUT IT ON FACEBOOK I would have deleted it immediately. But I downloaded it (and made her take it off facebook!) so that I could have it for comparison purposes once I had reached my goal, and now I'm really glad to have it to see the difference. :)

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x457/chickadee3FC/280vs145behind.jpg

And a few more photos from today. :) Current bust-waist-hips measurements are 36.5-27-37; jeans are a size 8, dress is a size small (hello vanity sizing! I'm really a medium).

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x457/chickadee3FC/goalweight.jpg

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x457/chickadee3FC/goaldress.jpg

Demosthenes
03-09-2012, 02:19 AM
Thank you so much for your inspiring story! Congratulations!

carolirish
03-09-2012, 03:27 AM
Congratulations! Fab story. Best of luck with your baby plans. Inspirational.

Eurus
03-09-2012, 04:00 AM
Great story. Thank you so much for sharing.

Anastasia77
03-09-2012, 04:44 AM
YOU HAVE TOUCHED MY SOUL. :hug:
You are amazing!! If I was you, I don't believe that I could make it after all this pain and disappointment in my life. You are a hero in my eyes. Keep trying also for a baby and it will eventually come.

P.S: post some pictures please..

lovemydoggiesx2
03-09-2012, 04:52 AM
Wow, Your story is so similar to mine that I feel it has really helped me. Thank you for sharing and I hope your next round of IVF results in a success! You are an inspiration to all of us here.

And yes, please post some pics!!

nu09
03-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Aww that just made me tear up. Congratulations on your weight loss! My plan is the same as yours (exact same calories and gym time lol) and sometimes I feel like it's happening so slowly and I'm never gonna get there. Your story proves that it's possible and I can look to it for inspiration when I want to give up. Thanks for sharing and good luck with the baby plans! It's obvious being a mom is important to you and I think it'll happen, one way or another. Congrats again and I can't wait to see pictures!! :)

Micki k
03-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Near tears here too. You are so incredibly inspirational. Congratulations on goal!!!

Fiyah
03-09-2012, 08:34 AM
Congratulations on the great fight!

bargoo
03-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Congratulations and thank you for sharing such an inspiring story.

PrincessSophia
03-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Congratulations and thanks a lot for sharing! :hug: You are a real HERO!!! :bravo:

bt2155
03-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Congratulations! What a great story! You gave me the motivation I needed to get up and start working out again today! Thanks for sharing!

josey
03-09-2012, 09:52 AM
Oh Chick, I am so happy for you and soooooo proud!!!!
You did it girl, you did it!!
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

chickadee32
03-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Ok, you all are making me cry!! Seriously. Thank you SO SO much for all the kind words. It's hard to put into words just how much they mean to me.

And YES, I will definitely post photos this weekend!! :)

josey
03-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Ok, you all are making me cry!! Seriously.

Suck it up ;-) YOU made me cry! In the office!!! :dizzy:

JudgeDread
03-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Great story and awesome job! I hope you get your wish soon! It sounds like you have a lot to offer a new life :)

Rana
03-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Congratulations! It's a great story and I wish you lots of luck as you move through IVF now.

rachaelm
03-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Wow, what an inspiring story. You are such a strong woman. Thank you for posting your struggles as well as your successes.

Congratulations. And yes, I teared up at my desk too.

InsideMe
03-09-2012, 11:13 AM
OH wow girl xoxo your story is so moving :hug: :congrat: You so deserve it! Can't wait to see your pics and WOW again, your so very inspirational!!! :cheer:

UnderTheMoon
03-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Thank you so much for sharing! Congratulations! I just started my weight loss goal, I am on the third day and this day is proving to be a difficult one. But then I read your story and I realized that I really can do this. You went through surgery, had to heal, and STILL reached your goal! That inspires me so much! I cant wait for the day i can post in this forum saying "I DID IT!". Thank you again!

traveling michele
03-10-2012, 04:30 PM
What an incredible story-- and yes, I cried too.
I know that you will be blessed with a baby at some point-- I hope it's soon!

I also went through infertility-- and now I have two daughters that are 21 and 17. After two miscarriages and almost losing my daughter (I miscarried her twin), the doctor still didn't know why. After my last child was born, my endometriosis was finally discovered--- it was in the lining of my uterus which is what likely caused the miscarriages and the contractions I experienced the entire time during my succesful pregnancies. Infertility may now be far behind us, but the painful memories are still there.

puneri
03-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Congrats!!!
What is the news on IVF front..one good nes is when you get pregnant you will not have glucose problem. Keep your workout under proper guidence after you get pregnanat. You will have definately a healthy, intelligent and hardworking child like it's MOM.

MamaBravo
03-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Inspiring!!
Thank you so much for sharing your story. I had tears in my eyes towards the end!
I am so happy for you!!
Please post pics soon!!

alitorry
03-10-2012, 05:57 PM
That's an awesome story of your life :) Thank you for being the inspiration you are to us all! congrats on a great job well earned.

Jonjaxmom
03-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Great job, you are such an awesome person. Enjoy this day to the fullest because IT'S YOURS. You earned it!!! Good luck!

KittyKatFan
03-10-2012, 08:35 PM
That is terrific. Congratulations! Very inspirational.

I wish you the best of luck with your baby plans.

:)

juliana77
03-10-2012, 10:40 PM
You are an amazing woman and that's an amazing accomplishment. Best of luck to you!!!

chickadee32
03-11-2012, 12:41 AM
I honestly can't thank all of you enough for your kindness and your very, very generous words. I am truly touched by them. I looked at this Goal forum so many times when I first began, and it was so motivating and inspiring for me to see all the amazing stories of success - and it is such an enormous honor that my experience could make someone else feel the same way. But here's what I have learned after 14 months on this forum: we ALL have amazing stories, no matter where we are in our weight loss journeys, and we are ALL incredibly strong. It takes so much strength just to start (I know, because I never thought I had enough strength to start at all), and great determination to continue day after day. I am proud of every single person here who begins this battle and keeps up the fight, whether just at the start of their journey and facing what feels like a long road, or at maintenance and determined to stay there. I am proud of all those who fall and slip but get back up and keep going or start again. It can be HARD at times, but we are worth all the work and effort; we all deserve the very best we can give to ourselves.

To the many of you who commented on my attempts to conceive and desire to become a mother - thank you. :hug: We have gone through two rounds of IVF (one fresh cycle and one frozen embryo cycle), and both were unsuccessful. Some days I handle it better than others, but it is another fight that I am unwilling to give up - I will keep going until we are out of options, and we're nowhere close to that yet. We'll be starting another frozen embryo cycle later this month, and I am hopeful. :)

TiffNeedsChange
03-11-2012, 01:07 AM
Wow. Wow wow!!!! You are amazing, what a journey! You are quite the inspiration, thank you for sharing your story!

TiffNeedsChange
03-11-2012, 01:10 AM
By the way, a friend of mine with endometriosis tried to conceive for 5 years and hadwell multiple miscarriages...and well she finally got pregnant, her baby just turned 1! !! There is hope and I wish you the best.

indiblue
03-11-2012, 08:24 AM
You look UNBELIEVABLE. Congratulations on your amazing success. You worked hard and you deserve it! :) :) :)

EmilyLarnder
03-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Incredible!!!
:celebrate:
My dream is to get to that day where I would have a BMI under 25.
You're such an inspiration, and you look beautiful! :)

josey
03-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Amazing pictures Chick! I love the dress!
So proud of you! :D

lcard
03-11-2012, 09:47 PM
What a great story! Congrats on your weight loss! You look fantabulous! Congrats and Wtg!!

justaloozer
03-12-2012, 09:54 AM
You are TRULY amazing. CONGRATS! You look FABULOUS!

I remember you when I was trying to lose weight last year and am REALLY kicking myself for jumping off the wagon or I could be somewhere close to posting a GOAL thread. But I will be using this as an inspiration! :hug:

Matilda08
03-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Congrats WTG!!

Lunula
03-12-2012, 05:11 PM
I cannot say, "Congratulations!" enough to you - you had a really rough time, not just because of the weight, and you stuck with it because you knew you had to do it for yourself. Amazing! :cp:

ChickieChicks
03-12-2012, 07:01 PM
So freaking FANTASTIC!!

I really feel for you with the infertility junk. I had to do that, too. :( Sending sweet baby dust your way. You are going to be ONE HOT MAMA.

Congrats! You are so pretty and now you just glow. :)

chickadee32
03-13-2012, 03:05 AM
Thank you very much again to all of you of the congratulations and all the nice thoughts, and thank you for all the good baby wishes as well. :) There are times when I feel overwhelmed by how great this forum is and the amazing people here, and this is definitely one of those times. The support is wonderful. Thank you, very much.

nu09: However slowly it happens (and I know that feeling so well!!), keep going!! You are so close, and you will get there as long as you keep fighting for it!

bt2155: Good for you, and keep going with the workouts! They're a nice boost for the weight loss, but even better than that are the emotional benefits. I feel so good after a workout, all those endorphins, and it makes me want to go back again and again; I'm addicted to that feeling! And one of my favorite quotes from this forum (I wish I knew who said it originally): "No one ever says 'I wish I didn't workout today.' " :)

josey: Thank you again. :hug:

UnderTheMoon: Congratulations on getting started - it's such a huge step - and good luck to you!! I know you can do it! I really look forward to reading your post here one day. :)

traveling michele: I'm so, so sorry to hear about the miscarriages you went through; I can't imagine how painful that must have been for you. :hug: Knowing what I now know about endometriosis, and how common it is, it's pretty shocking to me how frequently it goes undiagnosed until there are fertility issues, or something happens that requires a pelvic surgery. There are signs in many, many women long before a diagnosis (I have had them since I was a teen, I just didn't know what they were!!), and I can't believe more OB/GYNs don't attempt to diagnose it, and that insurance companies largely don't cover exploratory laparoscopy for that purpose. It's a condition that can be managed, or at least slowed down substantially, by something as simple as being on birth control. How many women could be saved from miscarriages and infertility if the condition were recognized earlier and the disease managed before progressing as far? It really angers me. I am so glad you were able to have children despite the endometriosis, and thank you for sharing that with me - it gives me hope that if I just keep trying for long enough, it could eventually happen.

puneri: If I manage to get pregnant, I will do every last thing my doctor tells me to do, lol. No worries there! I have an awesome OB/GYN now (who very likely saved my life during that surgery; I hemorrhaged and needed blood transfusions), and I trust him completely. :D

TiffNeedsChange: Thank you, and thank you for sharing that news about your friend. :hug: It really does give me hope, and I need to remember the stories like those when I'm feeling discouraged.

indiblue: Thank you! I always notice your avatar - I had wanted to try rock climbing for a while, and finally took a class last week! It was fun, but I am terrible at it. :lol:

EmilyLarnder: It was my dream too, and it CAN come true. We are in control of our lives and our health, and it's all up to us to make it happen. I know you can do it!

justaloozer: You are here now, and that's what counts! Stick with it, because I want to see your goal thread when you make it! :)

ChickieChicks: I'm really sorry you had to go through infertility too. :hug: And holy smokes, I wish I could look like that in a bikini!! Kudos to you on your weight loss!!

bellydance
03-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Wow you look amazing! Big congrats! :congrat:

dawn77
03-13-2012, 11:56 AM
I love your pictures they are very inspering when it comes to me who is just starting out to look and see that this could be me and I can do this ! very proud of you and all youve accomplished you dne amazing and you show us how to keep tring!

djs06
03-15-2012, 11:32 AM
This was such a great story!!! I am so happy for you and how far you've come. Seriously, a little misty over here actually. Just shows how far hope and perseverance can go! So proud of you.

Emme
03-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Congratulations on your amazing accomplishment!! :)

Elizabetti
03-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Congratulations!

Samantha1776
03-18-2012, 03:11 AM
Really good for you!

tessendicott
03-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Sooooooooooo amazing! You were right at my starting point, although my goal is 20 pounds heavier than yours because I'm 4 inches taller, you are such an inspiration! You look fabulous!

gardenerjoy
03-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Yay, chickadee32! You look terrific and happy and healthy! What an inspiring story.

sensualappeal
03-23-2012, 05:30 PM
WOW! You look amazing!! GREAT JOB

DollyMichele
03-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Wow! Sooooo incredibly inspiring! Congratulations on your lifestyle turn-around! Not only do you look fantastic you sound like a really strong lady. To go through all those upsets & still stick to your guns-truly amazing. I'm so sorry about the fertility issues - I will ensure I say a prayer for you & your husband. Thank you very much for posting your story! I love reading it. You give us hope. =D

luckymommy
03-23-2012, 07:59 PM
I've also been touched by your incredible story! You are beautiful inside and out. I'm so happy for you! Your story proves that one should never give and that we can find strength and persevere! U are a great writer too...you should write a book about your experience.

junebug44
03-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Thanks for sharing...your story is so inspirational. CONGRATS!

lemochamojito
03-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Wow thats amazing! I would be so discouraged after if i was in your position, this is very admirabl of you.

jessicado22
03-29-2012, 02:54 AM
Chickadee--I was wanting to see posts of your progress since I "met" you on here -- YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!! And that dress looks WAY better on you than on the model when you first posted that link when you bought the dress.

And I am so sorry to hear your full story about your first pregnancy. I didn't know that before...I just knew you were having problems conceiving. I really hope that you can figure that all out. :hug:

MsBrightside
03-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Wow you are so amazing and strong!!!! You just inspired me all over again. Thank you!!!

philana
03-31-2012, 01:29 PM
Congratulations! I love your story and I thinkn you have amazing willpower.

I hope that you will get out of life what you want, you deserve it!

COchick
03-31-2012, 03:10 PM
I just read your whole story, and I am amazed at how strong you are. Congrats on everything you've accomplished!

Onedaysmaller
04-06-2012, 05:14 AM
This is so inspiring to me! Our starting weights were similar, I am only about halfway along in my journey but seeing this has given me more motivation to know that I can do it! You look so stunning! Congratulations!!

SarahFairhope
04-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Thank you for sharing your journey. Really, truly a beacon of hope. :)

Butterfly1987
04-14-2012, 06:33 AM
Great story and amazing achievement! You should be soo proud of yourself!

samcakes
04-14-2012, 08:29 AM
thanks so much for sharing. your story is really inspiring because my husband and i have been trying to conceive for years, but have not been successful primarily because of my weight. best wishes with the ivf, i hope it goes well for you :)

fyreflie24
04-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Oh you give me such hope! We're the exact same height and I'm hoping I can call it in the 140s... I'm just ready to be DONE!

You look amazing! I love the dress! Fabulous, well done, congrats and THANK YOU!

FattyFatFat
04-16-2012, 10:28 AM
WOW!! Look at you now !!

rainydays
04-17-2012, 07:53 AM
You've done an amazing job! You're simply beautiful!

kittycat40
04-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Amazing. Gorgeous. WTG!!!!

drake3272004
04-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Gorgeous dress!!! Congrats on the goal and good luck!!!

jessica2231
04-18-2012, 09:18 AM
Absolutely amaxing!!!!! great job! and thank you for being an inspiration to me!

InsideMe
04-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Thank you so much! :cheer: You look amazing and you are such an inspiration to me :congrat:

want2bskine
04-18-2012, 06:57 PM
I am so happy for you! Your story is inspiring! I was amazed after reading your story and viewing your pictures, thanks for sharing and I hope someday I can do the same.

kimmy125
04-25-2012, 09:22 AM
WOW! You look fantastic. I love the pics of your changing face. I'm going to borrow that idea.

peachiee77
04-30-2012, 09:12 AM
Your story is SO inspiring to me! To be honest, yours is the first 'success story' I read on here and when I started reading these stories I said to myself 'I am going to do this, I'm going to have one of these stories!'. I'm just at the beginning of my journey and it seems that the end is so far away, but I'm still so ready to do it this time! I love te quote 'a year from now you'll wish you'd have started today' because that's my life... I always look back and think 'ugh why did I give up?!'

Way to go for not giving up!!! You are inspiring to me!

WLGirl1
04-30-2012, 05:12 PM
Wow. You look great. I started at the same weight and I hope I look half as good as you!! Good luck on getting pregnant. Wish you all the best!!!!! xxxxxxxx

Shortcake224
04-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Wow, that's a great story!!!!! Hope you will soon hear the pitter patter of little baby feet!!!!

msrubi46
05-07-2012, 12:17 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! It's an amazing feeling isn't it? Hang onto it-I know I still relish it everyday.

Heather157
05-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Congrats. You are absolutely glowing! Thanks for sharing.

sticktoit
05-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Thank you for sharing your story!

ghlover
05-17-2012, 02:07 PM
Your story brought tears to my eyes. CONGRATULATIONS!!! OMG you look absolutely beautiful!!!!!

I can't imagine what you are feeling, I just can't wait until I'm there with you lol I can't wait to post my own thread in this forum

bonbonj24
05-21-2012, 09:50 AM
Very awesome story! I am inspired by how determined and strong you remained through everything! Good job, you look fantastic!!!!

deb813
05-21-2012, 10:19 AM
You look amazing!!!! Gives me such motivation, well done and thank you!!!!!

FattyFatFat
05-22-2012, 06:00 PM
I stumbled on this post again and had to re-congratulate you! You did an AMAzing job!!!

i33BabyGirl33i
05-30-2012, 09:04 PM
Amazing! thank you for posting so inspirational :)

justanotherchix
05-30-2012, 10:07 PM
love it!
thanks so much for sharing!

NerdyNurse
05-31-2012, 03:26 PM
Absolutely amazing and inspiring. Congratulations! I wish you the best in your baby plans.

MiMi81
05-31-2012, 04:19 PM
New Member here and I just ran across this post--you are so inspirational, and I truly believe now that I can embark on my own journey. Congratulations, and thank you for being such an amazing example. :)

chickadee32
06-01-2012, 03:40 AM
MiMi - Thank you, and WELCOME TO 3FC! :) Reading your post meant so much to me. I remember so well when I was first starting out here and reading goal threads in this forum; I was so inspired by some of them, but more than that I really needed them to show me that it truly was possible to lose a large amount of weight. I had no idea how I was going to manage it, and didn't really think I would ever be able to post my own goal story here... but those amazing celebration threads I saw made me believe that it just *might* be possible for me to do it, too. I am so honored that someone else could look at my journey and come away with that same sense of belief and possibility that I needed when I began. I wish you lots of luck, but even more determination and commitment. :) I KNOW you can be successful in reaching your goals. :hug:

ghlover - Hitting that goal of being a normal weight is one of the best highs I have ever experienced. :) I know it's just a number, and BMI really doesn't mean very much, but just to be normal, for the first time since I was maybe 12 years old... it was just awesome. You're clearly doing an awesome job, and I will be looking for your thread in this forum not all that many pounds from now!!!! :)

peachiee77 - Thank you. :) I am so glad my story and the others could inspire you. And look at how far you've come already!!! Honestly, I know it seems like a long road at times... but it's SUCH a good road to be on, in so many ways. I wouldn't give up any of that time that I spent working on losing the weight, because it taught me so much about nutrition and fitness and health and my body and all that it is capable of - and it was learning all those things, having them become ingrained over many, many months, that is going to keep me from returning to that old me who was so unhappy. Despite plenty of frustrations along the way, I loved the journey, and I'm so grateful for it. You're here, you're doing amazing already, and you are going to be a huge success at this. :)

FattyFatFat: Thank you, for the double congratulations! :) I love seeing the time between the two posts, and that you've continued to stick around here. How are things going for you?

To everyone else who made such nice comments here, thank you. I read them and appreciate them very much, I just honestly never know what to say in response. Thank you very much for the kindness though.

I have been kind of waiting to post in this thread again until I had some good news on the pregnancy front. I'm only a week and a half out from my most recent embryo transfer, and so it's too early to say for sure... but I'm hoping I will be able to post some good news soon. ;) Please keep your fingers crossed for me!

i33BabyGirl33i
06-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Wow so encouraging amazing!

None
06-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Great work!

Irish3233
06-06-2012, 09:52 AM
I am beyond thrilled to read your story because I can relate to so much of it. I too am ttc and have been tested and tested. My husband has a slight issue rectified by doing iui's but still no baby. We went just yesterday to a specialist and while he says it's not 100% the issue my weight is a contributing factor to our infertility.

Your story is incredibly inspiring and I look forward to spending some time going back and reading some of your previous posts.

Congrats on your successes!

Matilda08
06-11-2012, 12:59 PM
WTG!!! Nice job

kjones90
06-29-2012, 10:08 PM
Your amazing and you look so so beautiful congratulations your an inspiration honestly! Xx

vegasgal
06-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Thanks for writing your story! As with everyone, I'm very inspired by your story, your persistence, and your success. I'm just starting out on this journey to regain my health and my "normal" body (for what seems like the millionth time), but somehow I believe in this time more due to this website.

I'm thinking of you and all you've been through and I'm very sorry for your loss. My happy thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope we do hear good news soon.

Annette

CarryOnLosing
07-14-2012, 05:13 AM
Congratulations on pushing through the tough times! Looking great!

celticrae19
07-14-2012, 11:40 AM
WOW!! I have to say you are amazing girl!!! I hope you feel great about what you have accomplished. 125 lbs is a whole lot of weight to lose. I am about at my half way point right now. You are inspiring. I will keep trying till I reach my goal too.

creolebarbie
07-28-2012, 09:20 AM
WOW!! YOU ARE AMAZiNG ThANK YOU FOR ShARiNG YOUR STORY!! <3

Campana
08-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Congratulations! the pictures are soo inspiring..

IAmTheGlue
08-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Congrats on your weight loss! You look amazing!

I am very sorry for you loss. **Lots of Baby Dust!**

Catcuffling
08-06-2012, 04:45 AM
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x457/chickadee3FC/goalweight.jpg

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x457/chickadee3FC/goaldress.jpg

Thanks for sharing.. great inspiration. :cool:

Firegirl
08-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Gorgeous! I am loving the success stories on the site. Congrats!!

NoSuchUser
09-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Amazing!! We have the same body type... So this is kind of like getting a look at how I will look as an "after" (I hope!)

VioletDolphin83
09-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Congrats! You look great! I love the pics, so inspirational!:)

BettieRhodes
09-20-2012, 12:03 AM
Congratulations!

brandonjohnston84
02-01-2013, 04:05 PM
great job

Mozzy
02-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Congrats!!!

the shiv
02-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Wow, congratulations!! :D

Feeling the same on the inside as you do on the outside... I aspire to that so much! Very inspiring to hear it can be done :) Thanks for sharing and good luck for the future! :)

Fluffypuppy
02-07-2013, 07:31 PM
I didn't read all the replies so forgive me if this has already been said but you are not only inspirational but a great writer too! Do you have a blog? I would definitely read that! You made me feel like weight loss is possible even when in the face of trouble.

mrsmelmitch
02-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Thank you so much for posting your story and the pictures! You look amazing and you inspire me!

immaculate
02-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Congratulations! Amazing story and weight loss!

syberdee
02-09-2013, 06:39 PM
You look awesome. Congrats!!!

Lecomtes
04-08-2013, 01:13 AM
"I felt like I had two choices, cry and hate myself, or change something.".......brass tacks! :) I love your story, YOU ARE A HERO! Thans for the inspiration!

Amy1313
04-08-2013, 10:14 PM
You look amazing! Thank you, for sharing you very personal and inspiring story. I hope you will get your babies, soon :)

Roo2
04-10-2013, 09:38 AM
:congrat::congrat::congrat::congrat::congrat::cong rat::congrat::congrat::congrat: So Happy for you! You are soo beautiful:):hug: Thank you for sharing your story.

I love reading these success stories they humanize this journey of weight loss .

Everyone has different reasons and desires for losing weight. It is inspiring to see people take control over the obstacles that stand in their way .... And learn to live a New Normal.

Good Luck! Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

BuffyInSunnydale
04-22-2013, 01:29 PM
Amazing story! Thank you for sharing it with us.Congratulations hon, you look amazing!!

EmmaD
04-22-2013, 02:49 PM
This thread was revived from a while ago. I immediately wondered if the OP had managed to have a baby. The answer is YES (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pregnant-nursing/279789-seems-like-right-spot-jump-back.html)! :congrat:

cnelson316
04-24-2013, 01:25 PM
amazing so inpsiring!!! thank you!

olehcat
04-26-2013, 07:24 AM
wow, the OP looks FANTASTIC -- and congrats on the baby, too!

LetMeLose
05-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Congratulations!!

shuangke
05-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Congratulations,;-) YOU made me cry! you inspired me. My body weight has become my pain, I couldn't find a friend for the time being. I really want to lose my weight quickly in a week

cjk221
05-04-2013, 09:03 PM
congratulations! what a great story and amazing transformation. You are truly inspiring!

Shyleia
06-18-2013, 12:31 PM
I just read this story, and wow... it really truly inspired me. I myself am just over 240 lbs and would LOVE to see 150 again. I didn't think it was possible as I struggle to even walk that mile. But you have made me realize that it is infact doable. Thank you for that. Every time I start feeling down or that I just can't do it, I will be coming back to this story. Thank you for being an inspiration. And also congrats on meeting all your goals!

Mama Whitty
06-18-2013, 12:55 PM
What a great story. So inspirational. I hope that you can succeed in having a baby, just like the way you did in losing the weight. You never gave up.

diamondgeog
06-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the inspiration and congrats.

BellaLucia
06-19-2013, 06:17 PM
Congratulations dear, I'm thrilled for you!

AdeleBella
06-23-2013, 04:04 PM
Congrats! You are a true inspiration! I am struggling right now and I really am glad I read your story :)

katy929
08-03-2013, 02:32 PM
You look amazing..and where did you get that red dress with the black..lol I want that dress!

amfay11
08-04-2013, 12:45 AM
wow! awesome job!!! you look fantastic!

chickadee32
01-07-2014, 03:26 PM
I thought I'd post an update to this goal story, as it's been quite a while.

I finally got pregnant right after hitting my revised goal in May, 2012, and I delivered a beautiful, healthy baby boy just about a year ago. :) He is amazing, and I can't believe he'll soon turn one!

On the weight front... I gained a huge amount of weight during my pregnancy (about 95 lbs), and had lost about 75 lbs of it by 6 months postpartum. Since then I've been losing very slowly, and am currently (at 146.8) about 13 lbs above my lowest pre-pregnancy weight (133.something). On the one hand I'd love to be back down around 135 right now, but on the other... well, I've been putting very little energy into weight loss (especially compared to how hard I worked before my pregnancy), and so I'm actually very relieved to be basically maintaining. As I got pregnant right after achieving my final goal I never had a chance to see if I could maintain, and I was very worried I wouldn't be able to do it. It's been great to see that with only minimal effort (basically, being vigilant about how much/what I'm eating) I've kept my weight down and have continued to lose about a pound per month. I may step my efforts up a bit over the next six months, as I would really like to see the 130s again this summer (not to mention, I need to figure out how to get time to myself to exercise regularly again!)... but overall, I'm happy to be maintaining around a normal, healthy weight and feeling like it's completely sustainable.

Thanks to all who have left very nice comments on this thread since I was last here. I wish you all lots of success in your journeys!

amfay11
01-08-2014, 01:52 AM
AWWWW!!! Im so glad to hear your dream of motherhood came true! Keep up your awesome momentum, i know you'll go far! :)

NightAngel26
01-11-2014, 11:38 AM
I think I remember you on here before, you've done amazing things, such an inspiration! I am also so glad you overcame obstacles to motherhood.... endometriosis is hard, and lots of women never find out that it exists let alone what it can do.

I hope you continue to reach your goals! :hug:

Pattience
01-11-2014, 08:54 PM
You look fabulous and you've still got boobs! Lucky you. I go flat chested when i lose weight. Congratulations on your success. All the best for the future.

skinnyki
01-12-2014, 08:15 AM
Thank you for posting this. I came here for inspiration and that is exactly what I got. I needed to see that I could actually do this by counting calories. So glad u post this bc now I can see that it can be done and I have no excuses my weight loss has plateaued and I know it is bc of my calorie intake is creeping up and I stopped coming on here and poating like I used to. Now there is no excuses it is time to get it done. And I can do it! Thank you. You look wondeful!

chickadee32
04-14-2014, 05:05 PM
NightAngel, I remember you too! I hope you are doing very well these days; I am glad to see you are still here!!

Pattience: It's just a decent bra. ;) They're in my armpits when I lay on my back, lol! But I'll take the crummy chest these days; it's still worth losing the weight!

skinnyki: It looks from your ticker like you have done a great job so far! Keep at it, and good luck to you!

As of a few days ago I am back in the 130s, yay! Hoping I can get to 135 by late summer, and then hopefully a touch lower than that for maintenance. I think 120s are out of my reach, but I'd be pretty thrilled to get and stay below 135. We'll see!

Runundefined
05-18-2014, 02:46 PM
I'm just now returning to 3FC after gaining most of my weight back.. I'm surfing the success stories to get my mojo going again and WOW! Your story is fan freaking tastic. I'm very inspired. Thank you so much for sharing.