Weight Loss Support - 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#295

thinthinker
03-06-2003, 10:19 PM
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!

QueenB
03-06-2003, 11:36 PM
Hey guys....

I'm so so sorry that my posts have been so few and far between the last day or so, but my schedule has been crap. I got off work Tuesday night and stayed up till around 1:00. I probably fell asleep sometime between 1-2. Then the alarm went off at 3:00 because dh had to go into work at 4:00am in order to get off at 12:00 to go see Tony. So that woke me up and I didn't get back to sleep till around 5:00. Then the alarm went off at 6:30 to get the kids ready for school......so, got kids up, dressed and off to school and tried to lay back down for awhile, but I was too nervous and couldn't sleep, so I decided to go ahead and get up and exercise. So, I did the 3 mile WATP, took a shower, got dressed and went and checked Trey out at school and then picked up dh and headed out to Atlanta. We got home from Atlanta around 10:15 and I had to be to work at 11:00. I worked from 11:00 till 6:00am and then came home and passed out! :faint: I was so tired, it wasn't even funny. Thank goodness dh took the kids to school and drove himself to work. That let me sleep until 3:00, but I have still felt like crap all day. After I got the kids from school, I dropped off my pictures & then ran to Walmart and did some shopping and then came home and fixed some tacos. Now, I'm wide awake and I have to get up at 6:00am! :yikes: Anyways, here are some pictures from the signing yesterday......I think they would have turned out alot better if I had gotten my camera to cooperate or if I hadn't of handed it to dh. Also, I have included a picture of the new hairdo, since I know 2cute has been so patiently waiting. :lol:

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL22/552012/1765274/21219414.jpg

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL22/552012/1791305/21215203.jpg

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL22/552012/1791305/21214947.jpg

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL22/552012/1791305/21214934.jpg

Hope you enjoyed them and I will pop in tomorrow for a big long chat. I'm going to bed! :tired:

jackslady
03-07-2003, 06:08 AM
I only have a couple minutes this morning as I have to run dh to work so I can babysit again today.

Tina: Great do! I can see your face is definitely getting thinner. Looks like the Tonester got straight out of bed and came to the signing! You'll have to tell him next time you have a friiend that knows his Aunt Gayle! Maybe it will get you in even better with him. Ain't this early morning stuff the pits!!!!!

Sandy: Gosh, I never knew there was such a melodious voice in our group and lyrically talented too I see! :lol: Your dinner sure sounded better than mine. What a nightmare last night!

TOM jumped on my back (kind of literally) and I am dying this am. I have been popping advil like candy. I do not know why my body is betraying me so. I admit to almost being 50. I don't deny I am an old lady so why doesn't it just give me a break and stop this nonsense. :lol:

Well Ladies, I will pop back in later today after I get back from dd's and get my mall walk in.

Donna

peekabooangel
03-07-2003, 07:29 AM
Good Morning Girlie Friends,
Great pictures Tina!!! And love the hair. Get some well needed sleep g/f, I would be so exauhsted.
Donna, good luck babysitting today and have fun with gs.

My day ahead: Gotta get off this darn puter and do atleast a 1 1/2 on the tape and then jump in the shower and get ready for work. My day actually started at 5 a.m to kick hubby out of bed cause he was leaving for the weekend for icefishing with all his brothers and couple of buddies. Oh 7 men going fishing for a weekend, talk about testosterone flowing. Sorry Lucky they are all pretty much taken. Anyway, I kicked hubby out of bed then could not get back to sleep so I got up had coffee with him, then time to get the kids up for school and fed and all that good ole stuff. Then we all say our goodbyes and see you on Sundays, my little boy has tears in his eyes cause he really wanted to go away with the guys :cry: (my heart is ripping out for him) but he is having 3 friends stay tonight for a bday party sleepover and movies tomorrow. So, I finally get everyone out the door and here I sit thinking I got to hurry up and do my exercise before I talk myself out of it because of the time. But had to check in with my buddies, after all it was me that sang a sad song last night.

Probably won't be able to pop in till tonight, but will try.

Hugs to all,
Sandy

kidmeister
03-07-2003, 08:35 AM
Well thank you all so much for the warm welcome. It feels great to be a part of something again. It has a been along time. It seems like I just kind of get lost and stuck and cant change things. I dont what set me off this time, but I am feeling great and am going to make it this time. In my last reply I said that it had been 2 yrs since I was in WW well it has been 4, so no wonder I gained it all back and then some. This time I will lose and lose and lose. :cloud9: I think I can, I think I can! I will. Anyway, thanks for all the support. As soon as I figure out how to use 3fc again, maybe I will post more. How do I get a pic with my screenname?? :?: :wave:
beginning weight 1999 350
after WW 1999 298
beginning weight now 362:(
goal somewhere under 200

Silver Ravyn
03-07-2003, 10:36 AM
Hey ladies. How is everyone this morning? Me, well getting ready for a hectic weekend. I work 33 hours the next 3 days so I dont know how much I"m going to be able to be around. But even if I dont have the energy to post, I'll check in every night to at least say hey and catch up with the reading.

Tina=-I LOVE your new do! And Tony isnt so bad either, LoL.

Well thats all I have time for. I'll be back around 9pm or so tonight. Have a wonderful OP day.

thinthinker
03-07-2003, 11:04 AM
Hi everybody! :wave: It's been a crazy week. Sorry to have been AWOL. I was a 'showgirl' last weekend and got to see Chicago. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but that wasn't it. Others have really loved it, I found it just a small step above Moulin Rouge, which I didn't like either. :( We also saw Agent Cody Banks. It was cute and any of you with kids, I'm sure they will enjoy it. The audience of the show that I was checking was 75% under the age of 17.

My eatting has still been out of control. WI (not Wisconsin) on Monday was a disaster, UP 2 pounds! I'm so sick of this, but can't seem to take the first step in the direction of weightloss. :mad:

I know I owe responses to all of you, but I just don't have the time, I'm sorry.

Deon: Welcome to our little corner of the board. When you were here before, were you on this thread? I looked through my cards and didn't find you listed. Now you may think I'm neurotic or something, but since I've been here from the beginning, people have come and gone and come again and it makes it easier for this old brain that I write people down. :lol: You asked about a picture (called avatar) by your screenname. What you need to do is go to the top of the page, find the button that says "User CP", then "Edit Options", then go down to "Avatar" and you can pick one. Hope that helps.

Tina: I love the haircut! It looks great! I bet you feel wonderful!!

Mary: I kept waiting by the phone, hoping you'd call. I figured if I was too late getting my phone number to you, that you'd have called information while you were here, I'm listed. Anyway, I'm glad you're home safe. [[[hugs]]]

I really do have to run. You all behave yourselves. It sure sounds like most of you are doing great!

kidmeister
03-07-2003, 03:18 PM
Thin: thanks so much for telling me how to get avatar. I love it. It was actually about 4 yrs ago that I was here, and I can't remember what thread I was on. But I will jump all around. I had a friend that introduced me to 3fc and her screenname was duckriley. You may remember her. ;) I hope to stay here awhile this time. Everyone is so nice.:goodvibes

thinthinker
03-07-2003, 04:47 PM
Deon: Sorry, don't remember your friend either. :( This particular thread has been around since July 2000. I used to post in the WW area too, but found I had no time to keep up with both threads properly so have made this one my exclusive home for the last year or so. * You're very welcome on the avatar subject. It's nice to see color under your name instead of an empty space! :D

peekabooangel
03-07-2003, 05:51 PM
Hey there my chick-ee-poohs,
I'm alive and kicking even with these 4 boys, and nope I'm not kicking any of them yet. They are actually all pretty quiet, they are all in the livingroom with me and watching Sponge Bob.

Deon, so happy you decided to stay, we love new people, I love to post, I am a major chatter box you will find and I love it when everyone posts a lot too cause it keeps me encouraged.

Thin, I'm so happy to see you!!!:)

Ravyn, good luck with the 33 hours you have to put in the next 3 days, don't overwork yourself.

Love ya all,
Sandy

QueenB
03-07-2003, 06:21 PM
How are all my lovelies this fine afternoon? Well, let's see if we can actually get through a post without mentioning a certain person, shall we? :lol:

Ok, let's give an update. Food has been pretty good. I hate to say it, but I've not been watching my points lately. Not to say I've been overdoing it, I've just got a little lax. A couple of days ago, we went out to eat and I was not very good. I had a few things that I should not have had, but I didn't beat myself up about it and I exercised to make up for it. (4 mile WATP) The day after that, I was VERY good. I ate out twice that day and did very well. Stayed right within my points. :high: I also went shopping at Walmart yesterday and got me some work out pants and a tank top. The work out pants are size 18-20! :dancer: Now, someone who wears....say a size 7, and has always been a size 7 (saying that quickly before Sara smacks me upside the head) would not appreciate and might even be shocked at someone who is actually happy to wear a size 18. But, when you've been wearing a size 26-28 for God only knows how long, an 18 almost feels like heaven! :cloud9:

Ok, on to replies:

These will probably be brief and I'm sorry if I forget anyone, but I can't go back to read the other thread, because the computer is acting screwy today. :dizzy:

Kat: Thanks so much for the compliment on my hair. I really like it and am so glad to get some of this mop cut off my head. They took about 6-7 inches and I sure can feel the difference. For all his squawking about keeping my hair long, dh sure does like it now. I'm sorry about taking so long to let you guys see it, but I just had pictures taken.

kidmeister: So nice to have you here with us. I don't think we have been properly introduced. My name is Tina and I'm fighting the battle of the bulge just like most of these ladies on this thread. You've chosen a wonderful place to visit and I hope you call it home. You'll find some wonderful friends here that can offer amazing support. When I thank the Lord for all my blessings, these ladies here are at the top of the list. :love: Post and post often, that's the best way to get to know you. P.S. I'm the one that's always talking about Nascar and a certain driver in particular! Sorry ladies, you can't bust me on this yet. I DID NOT mention any names.

2cute: Alright woman! I posted the picture of the haircut....where is my response from you? I'm patiently waiting...(taps foot) :lol: Also, thanks for all the amazing stories you've been posting lately. The one about the icecream was so awesome, I printed it out. I love you lady.

Thin: Sounds like you have been a busy little "showgirl" this week. I have to say that I do agree with you about Moulin Rouge and Chicago. Of course, I probably have no business saying that, because I haven't seen either one. :lol: I'm just not interested in those kinds of movies. I tried to watch Moulin Rouge when it came on HBO and I got through 15 minutes (if that) and gave up.

Ravyn: You sound like me working all those hours. Try not to work too hard and pop in and see us sometime, ok?

Sandy: That is so weird!! :yikes: We must be living parallel lives or something. My dh is going fishing this weekend too and I'm have a birthday get together for my son Trey on Saturday too. When is your little one's birthday? Mine's is March 11th. Mine, as we speak is running around the house singing, "Mama likes to fry bacon naked...." First of all, I don't even fry bacon and secondly, if I did...I certainly would not do it naked. :eek: Of course, dh had to run through and started singing, "Loving mama's like frying bacon naked....she tastes so good, but she can burn ya!" Isn't it nice around my house? :lol:

Donna: Bless your heart sweetie, I'm so sorry to hear that you feel bad. TOM kills me. I think we all can attest to the fact that it is NO fun. Feel better soon. By the way, when you mentioned that a certain person looked like he just got out of the bed and went to the appearance, I don't have a problem with that at all. :no: That's actually part of his charm.
Sorry ladies....I still haven't mentioned any names! :sssh:

Michelle: So, do my ears deceive me? Did I hear that you are going back to WW? I am so proud of you girl. I knew you just needed to take time to do the things you needed to do before you hopped back on the wagon. We ALL have to sometimes. Just keep up the good work though and remember, I am ALWAYS behind you.

Duckie: First of all, you are NOT bad. We love you just like you are. Don't feel like you have to individually reply to everyone. You don't. Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't. It's all a matter of time. Sometimes I have something to say to only a few and sometimes I don't. We just like to hear from you and want to know how you're doing. When I get stressed out with dh, bills, work, kids...etc, sometimes I don't make it here either, or sometimes I come here and complain. We're not just here for weightloss support. As you know, we talk about a lot of different things. That's what friends do. Also, sorry to hear about your little one. I hope he's feeling better soon.

Mary: I'm sorry you missed Thin while you were in Michigan. That would have been really fun for you guys to meet up. With the hard time you've been going through lately, it's only normal that you food has not been normal. I sure will be glad when you get your computer back and we see you more than in a couple of sentences. :( Take care.

Lucky: I love you. I miss you. :cry: If you come out and post, I'll talk dirty to you. :smoking: Or at least post you a couple of nice pictures of some nasty looking men. Nasty=hot. :lol: Keep your head up and don't forget me....I'm your little Nascar buddy, remember?

Sara:It was so cool reading your 1st post ever on the board. I think, if it's possible, I would like to go back and find my first post. Very inspiring.....you've come a long way indeed, baby! :cp:

Baylee: Hey lady! How are you doing? Still keeping up with your T.O.P.S meetings? You have been on such a tear lately....I am so proud of you. How much have you lost in total?

J-ann: Where in the heck are you girl? I miss you....come on out and play.

Oh Lord....I think I'm finally finished. If I left anyone out, I sincerely apologize but I think my brain is about to explode. I'm hopping off here for now and I'm gonna go put on my new workout clothes and do just that...work out. I think I'll be going for the 3 mile WATP this evening. Don't forget, I'll not be ignoring you this weekend, I will be at the race in Atlanta! If you happen to think of it, turn it on and look for me. :lol: I'm sure you know what color I'll be wearing....

I am so proud of me because I have made this extremely long post and I have yet to mention a certain person's name.
But I must confess, I'm about to explode. Watch out! Here she blows!!!!!

TONY!

WHEW....I feel better now. :D

peekabooangel
03-07-2003, 06:38 PM
Tina, there you are!!!!
Hope you have a blast at the race this weekend. My sons birthday is actually Saturday, so we are celebrating, that is if I make it through tonight with 4 boys, he turns 11 tomorrow and the rest are 11 already they are currently in his room listening to his new CD he got "the edited version of 8 mile" I know a strict mom, but can't help it the swears that come from the Eminems mouth are ungodly.
Congrats on the size 18-20, I can't wait for that day!!! I want to buy a pair of jeans that actually have a zipper and a button instead of elastic waist.

Well girls gotta go play referee!!!
Sandy

Grannie39074
03-07-2003, 08:59 PM
Hello my lovies.
Yes I have the computer back. Now I have to reload all my programs. I made sure and reloaded my internet connection first and my anti-virus software.

Thin I didn't get your number before I left. Things were so hectic. I tried calling info but I couldn't remember where you said you were except a suburb of Detroit. We will be getting back up there though.

Food has been terrible and I got up today with a terrible headache. I think it maybe my blood pressure. I went to get my hormones refilled and my perscription had expired so I had to get a newone.

Well I better go for now. I'll try to chat tomorrow.

LuckyLadyBug
03-08-2003, 12:12 AM
Tina I have felt crappy all week and here is my excuse - I have a pail lined with a plastic bag sitting by me!!!!! I think I am in the throws of that flu....

Anyway, I love your hair cut and hmmmmm if you could get that cute guy in the picture you posted to talk dirty to me :o ...oh, wait...then I would NEVER have the time to post. :s:

I will do my best to post and catch up tomorrow...I promise.

I HATE the stomach flu!!!!!!!!

MichelleK
03-08-2003, 06:20 AM
Lucky I hope you are feeling better today!! Hey I can talk DIRTY to you! Dirty dishes, dirty floor, dirty bathroom, dirty laundry>>>
The list goes on!!

And YES TINA....you heard me right...I went back...I have to get this poundage off my arse! I can feel it following me around again...I hate that feeling! So far I have been doing good...getting in my water and food wise...just not exercise wise! And I have a recipe idea for yas ~~ I just took a big can of chicken broth and threw it in a pot and I found these frozen bags of country soup vegetables and threw them in and walaa...zero point veggie soup! The veggies tasted great! I have been taking the soup to work with one of those little itty bitty lean cuisine entrees and the soup sure fills me up...those little entrees sure DON'T!!

Deon welcome to our group! You picked a great bunch of ladies to help you along your journey! They are the BEST!

Mary glad to hear you got your 'puter back! My mom just blew up her monitor the other night! Smoke and all was pouring out of it...so she is waiting for my brother in law to come over and check it out today!!

4 boys huh....Sandy? Thats what I have to look forward to!! Ah geesh....I can't wait! Did you manage to survive the night?

Donna...I think it was you that asked about the starbucks frappaccino java fudge bars...I got them in the supermarket...and I double checked the points and yup...just 2 points per bar and well worth it...much more so than those skinny cow sundaes!! The chocolate in the center is so gooey and chewy! Even Andrew likes them...I have to wait till he is asleep before I have one or I have to share!!

Thin...you will get back on track...just sit and relax for a bit and think about the journey ahead...break it into small jaunts...one day at a time...take one step per day...drink your water one day, then the next and add all your fruits in that day then keep adding one more thing each day until it becomes routine...I have to do the exercise thing and I just am sooo not motivated for that! Once the weather breaks I will take andrew out for a walk each morning....I loved walking when I lost the weight before!

Ravyn what do you do for work? I would dread those hours!!

I think I got everyone so far???? I hope I didnt' forget any of you!

Well, I managed to to get my first assignment done in my nurtrition class and it ain't even due until the 17th! I don't want to get behind this semester...I have 5 classes...Accounting II, Nutrition, American Cinema, Principles of Management and Children's Literature! Phew...I just exhausted myself!

Well I gotta run this morning...Have to get in the shower and get the boy fed and dressed and do some DIRTY DISHES!

TTFN Michelle

peekabooangel
03-08-2003, 08:03 AM
Good Morning my chick-ee-babies,
Yes, I survived the night. Actually the boys were pretty good. I went to bed at 10 and they were all camped out in the livingroom watching Spy Kids 2. I never heard a word till this morning and they are all still alive so I guess I did my job.:lol:

I did however hear them up at 5:30 a.m, but they shut my bedroom door and I slept till 7 when I heard them yelling. Then one says "your mom is still sleeping!!!, we have to be quiet" well then I knew I was awake for the day. I come out and they are putting a model together that one of the boys gave Evan for his bday. It's a cute one, a model of the Dukes of Hazards car. We are off to see "Kangaroo Jack" today, and I have to find Evans birth certificate because I went to the web site to see what was playing and there it was in black and white, if you have proof it's your bday you get in for free. That way I only have to pay for me and 3 of the boys, little saved for candy and what not that I'm sure will cost me an arm and leg!! But, I swear I will not have candy or popcorn at the movies, to much fat in their popcorn Im sure? And I have worked to hard.

Tina, Happy early Birthday to your son:hb: how many kids do you have today? When do you leave for the race? Is it far from your home? Hope the weather is good for the race and you have a marvey day!!!

Michelle, thanks for worrying about me this morning. And, by the way, what are you gonna be when you are done with college? Boy, your plate is full, you must be running all the time. And those icecream bars sound soooooo gooooooooddddddd, I will have to check this out. Owey gooey and chocholatey is right up my alley!

Lucky, I'm so :) to see you too!!!! And like Michelle the only dirty talk I have around here is the dirty dishes etc. My hubby is gone fishing and that man loves to talk dirty, he can steer any subject to sex. We can be talking about the sky is blue and he would put sex in there somehow.

Ravyn, I know your on your long hours weekend, but please don't stress and pop in and say hello.

Grannie, glad you have your puter back. Did it have viruses or just really sick?

Donna, "where or where did my friend go, why did she leave me here all alone?" ~~~~~~~~Did you get worn out from having the dgs 2 days in a row? Or is this the weekend you are gone?

Love and Hugs to all,
Sandy:hat: Party mama this weekend

Silver Ravyn
03-08-2003, 08:16 AM
Good morning everyone. Alot seems to be going on I dont have the mind set right now to remember names and events.....but for all of those who have got something good going on right now, I know Tina is going to the race Hope you have a wonderful time. I remember someone being down into a size 18.....congradulations!! :bravo:

Ladies I'm sorry I cant keep up with names and events, but I am trying. Plus last night I didnt get in till 10, then dd was sick all night and all this morning so I called in and told them I was staying home.

Someone asked me what I did, I'm a Nurses Assistant doing private duty for this lil lady who will be 100 this summer! She is in wonderful shape for her age, I mean, to be that old and still live at home. I admire her.

I had my WI Thursday, and to show you how my mind is right now, I dont know if I told you all the results, anyway I was down 0.8lb. Its not much, but I was so pleased.

Amazing, I started this post an hour ago and still dont have it up. Well I'm going to go, I hope all of you have a wonderful OP day.

jackslady
03-08-2003, 09:06 AM
Michelle: Thanks for the info but it was DEFINITELY NOT me! I hate anything coffee flavored. I don't drink coffee at all. Never could stand the taste of it. Don't ya love being a working mom, there is always SOMETHING to do! You are going to have to get some mom and Andrew pics taken so we can see the two of you together.

Sandy: I am here but one pooped Nonny! We had such a ball though even though when we played hide and seek the darned dog would come and bark until T would find me! He hasn't gotten the concept of the hiding part yet so when it is his turn to "hide" and I count, I get to about 5 and he comes running around the corner, "tadaing" all over the place! :lol:

Tina: We need to give you a big gold, no ORANGE star for waiting all that time to mention his name! You are really getting in control of the situation!! :lol: :lol:

Lucky: Ooh honey, I am so sorry you feel bad. You take care of yourself and hope you feel better soon.

Crystal: Don't work too hard this weekend, ya hear!

2cute: How are you doing this week OP?

Mary: Hope you are feeling better too.

Duckie: I am still keeping up those prayers so you hang in there!

Whomever I missed, I will catch you next time. I have to fly!

Donna

QueenB
03-08-2003, 07:14 PM
Well 3FC family, I'm shutting the ol' computer down for the night and will be heading to bed soon because 3:00am comes early, you know. A girl does have to have her beauty sleep. :yikes: (I think I may be a little behind) :lol: Anyways, I'm carrying each and every one of you with me to Atlanta tomorrow and if they scan the backstretch, look for a lady with a big mouth screaming her heart out for a certain Mr. Stewart. I shouldn't be hard to pick out....I'm sure you know what color I'll be wearing. See you Monday....and don't worry, there WILL be pics!

I love you all! :love:

:grouphug: <<This will have to do me till I get home.

Grannie39074
03-08-2003, 08:17 PM
Hey where is everyone

2cute2Bfat
03-08-2003, 10:58 PM
Hi guys.... I am back. :wave:

Tina... I LOVE your new photo !!!! I love your new hair !!!!! I love how much weight you have lost !!!! and it really shows in that photo !!!!!! Look at the thinner face and your shoulders and your chest, and your arms hang down not out ... oh my ... it really really shows !!!!! :bravo:
I hope you have a wonderful time seeing TONY
I hope you have instructed DH how to "properly" work the camera this time. :lol:

Sandy.... I miss YOUR photo as your avatar. :( I never tired of seeing that lovely smile. Hope you put it back soon, but I know you were ready for a change. I like the photo best. :D

I am not going to try and reply to everyone.
It is just too hard when you have been gone for 4 days.
My parents are good on one hand... but aging more and more each time I see them.
They have been dividing a lot of their belongings between us kids.
I have gotten several dear keepsakes. Jewelery my dad bought my mom when dating. Some keepsakes from their childhood too. When my dads battleship was sunk during WWII he stole a gun from the ship to shoot the sharks. He was stranded in the sea for several days and watched many of his shipmates die to shark attacks. :( My brother got that gun.
It is sad and yet nice to recieve these things now while they are still alive and can tell us the stories about them.
I got the first ring my dad bought my mom and also an antique doll that my mom got when she was 6-8 years old. It is in perfect condition. Kept in a box until about a year ago.

When I got up this morning... I COULD NOT WALK.!!!!
The PAIN in my knee was just too bad. I had to stay in bed all day. Finally about 7pm I could hobble a little.
I HAVE TO LOSE THIS WEIGHT !!!!! Ladies... please, please... stick to your plans . And if you slip up.. then get right back on the wagon. DON'T put it off any longer. When I was in my 30's my weight was a nuisance but I was still pretty flexible and mobile. When I reached my 40's I was much LESS flexible and mobile. And now in my 50's...
I am almost a total cripple. :cry: DO NOT follow my footsteps. Follow the "COMMITMENT" of Sara, and Tina, and Donna and everyone else here who are losing and exercising and reshaping their lives as well as their bodies.
Do not wait one more day.... DO IT NOW. :soap:

Okay... I am off my soapbox. Just as Sara says... next year you will wish you had started today. I SURE DO.
Okay... I am off AGAIN. :lol: I am happy to say I am doing pretty good right now with my food. I have lost a little more. Still not back to my lowest since joining here but closer than December. My hubby suggested Long John Silvers tonight and I spoke up and told him I did not want to eat that. He not only agreed , he fixed me a steak and salad. :chef: I avoided water today because I was unable to walk to the bathroom. But if my knee is better tomorrow... I am back to lots of water.

Okay... I still have not done my taxes. I HATE doing that crap. :mad:
But... it has to be done so I am out of here.

peekabooangel
03-09-2003, 07:37 AM
Morning Chickee's,
I have a few minutes before the shower and taking dd to Sunday School. I survived the sleep over. I survived the movies, but oh I wanted to shoot my own 2 kids this morning when at 6:00 I hear this stupid play gun going off and them yelling at the top of their lungs.RRRRRRRRRRRRRR.........Now, out comes my 5 year old telling me that her brother is calling her a *****, yes she said it..........rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad: I am so happy that my dear husband is coming home today. Ever notice kids stay in line for daddy but walk all over mommy? No matter what I do, I try to be strickter and I have spanked their bottoms and grounded and timed out and taken stuff away and nothing seems to work!! But let daddy speak just once and they settle down:?: :?: .
2cute, I guess another reason I took my pic down was because I have told so many people about this 3fc site and what great support you can get here, well like I've said many times before I will help anyone, but this thread and all of you are like MY OWN!!!! And with my pic up it is easy enough to find me,;) So now, there are tons of people named Sandy and well it makes it a little harder for them to pick me right out, do you know what I mean? And I use all of you in my daily life, you are like a life line and I come here and write to you about everything from dh to friends to work, so well anyway you all can see where Im coming from. I still want this thread all for myself!!! Selfish, maybe, but thats me with this. Enough said!!!
Now, I will have to go get all my stuff done early today so I can watch the race and look not only for Tony, but that chick that will be chasing him around the track:lol: . Tomorrows headlines in all the national newspapers and the news "CRAZED FAN CHASES TONY STEWART AROUND THE TRACK WITH HER HUSBAN BEHIND HER WITH THE CAMERA" Sorry Tina, but I thought it was cute!! And I would come bail you out of jail.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well all gotta run,
Hugs to you all,
Sandy

jackslady
03-09-2003, 07:43 AM
2cute: Oh, honey do I know where you are coming from! I will probably have problems with my one knee the rest of my life. Until you get to that point, you do not realize that all the weight could cripple you and you can end up with a cane or wheelchair. That was my scenario when I got serious. I knew that was my next step. I told dh the other day when we went to the mall, that it felt so great to be able to walk around the mall briskly and still be able to walk out to the car and not be out of breath! I keep thinking what it will be like when it is ALL gone! Stairs, I may be able to maneuver better on stairs!

Well, I don't know how much posting I am going to get done in the next week. We leave for Indiana on Wed and I want to clean my house completely before we leave. I also have to get the dog to the boarder and get things set up for the cat and pack and get the snacks ready, get the car washed, load the car etc.

Regarding the snacks: I bought a box of Snackwell chocolate chip cookies to take on the trip. On the box they look like they are about the size of a half dollar and it says you can have 13 so I thought, wow that is great. I opened the box (to baggy them into servings) and they are nickel size! :lol: :lol:

Well I have to go.

Donna

Grannie39074
03-09-2003, 09:38 AM
Good morning everyone:)

I think I finally have everything reloaded on my computer. The important things anyway.

I haven't weighed yet I know I'm up about 5 pounds.:( But I will get back on track.

Tina everytime we passed a Home Depot on our trip I thought of you :lol:

Thin; Sorry I missed meeting you maybe next time. It sure was cold in Ann Arbor when we left. I'm glad to be back in the balmy south. I have the doors open this morning.

I love my new desk. It has a hutch on it with drawers and cubby holes to store lots of stuff. I am still arrainging things.

Work is going good with the new boss.

I have been honored with the vice presidency of the Mississippi Genealogical Society (which is an honor) I hope I can live up to their confidence in my abilities.:?:

I stopped in at my family chat last night but no one was there.

I better run I have to do my shopping for food since I didn't shop last week. Hope all of you are well and I love all of you even though I didnt mention all of you by name.
:grouphug:

MichelleK
03-09-2003, 12:23 PM
Good afternoon everyone!

I probably won't be on here much today...My little guy is sick again. He threw up at the sitters twice yesterday but was running around fine and playing. At home he threw up twice last night. He fell asleep on the couch early and slept all night. THis morning I gave him tylenol because he was moaning and felt warm and he was fine...at 9 am he laid on the floor and slept for an hour and a half so I laid on the couch and slept...he woke up whiney and came on the couch with me and slept more...till about 11:30. Then he threw up again but this time just water...thats what he has been drinking. He only took two bites of a mozz cheese stick and two bites of peanut butter toast this morning. He did have a juice box...poor little guy! I hate it when he is sick! He is laying on the couch now. I was going to take him grocery shopping with me but I am going to wait till John gets home from work today and go myself.

My food has been good...we were going to go out to dinner last night but since Andrew was sick we ordered chinese. I ordered the steamed chicken, shrimp and veggies with white rice and had a plate of that and was stuffed to the gills...I am just heating the egg drop soup now for lunch. I couldn't eat any last night I was so full!

Well I should get cracking at my books while the boy isn't actively jumping on me! I'll check back in again at some point this evening! Have a great weekend...whats left of it!

TTFN Michelle

kidmeister
03-09-2003, 11:50 PM
:lucky: Gosh with all these warm welcomes, I think I feel a tear coming on:cry: . I feel so loved. I have been on a constant high since starting WW. I have been eating so good and my daughters are both on board now too. My 15 yr old is right at 200 lbs. and my 9 yr old is 110. So they do need to lose also. Yes I have felt the guilt:( for creating fat children. But I am trying to change that. We are on the right track. :D Now I just need to figure out how to work in some exercise. :strong: If anyone knows me they know that I am allergic to exercise:faint: But I have done it before in the past so I know I can do it again. And I want to say congrats to the one who got down to a size 18, I can understand that feeling. Last time I went on WW I went from a 26-28 to a 22 I was thrilled. So way to go :bravo: I will get your names eventually, it will take me awhile. So please forgive me.

362/?/somewhere under 200!

2cute2Bfat
03-10-2003, 12:12 AM
Good Sunday morning/afternoon/evening everyone. I have started this in the A.M. but had to put on hold. Then wrote a little more in afternoon and then on hold again. Now it is almost Monday so I better get it finished before it is all old news.
Not many people posted today. :( Hopefully you are all out having fun.

My knee is a smidge better. Not needing the crutch this morning. tonight even a little bit better than this afternoon. I don't know what it was.???
I sure wish I had gotten this weight off before now. Grrrr
They say better late than never... but I think late is "too late" to save my knees. :(
I sure hope you guys learn from my mistake and not have to learn from your own. You can run out of time.

Sandy... I totally understand about you wanting to keep you anonymity. I am VERY protective of mine. You notice I live in the USA. LOL I don't tell anyone about my special little home here in 3FCville. I want my anonymity too.
The few I told in the beginning I can't take back... but chances are anyone who knows me will easily be able to figure it out. LOL Especially belonging to the 300+ group. LOL

Donna.... enjoy walking that mall for me. I remember how much I enjoyed it when I was power walking years ago. The secret is to NEVER QUIT. I did quit... and look at me now. :rolleyes: I really miss it.

Michelle... bless your little boy. I hate that he is sick again.
Hopefully he will recuperate soon. But until then, make the best use of those sleeping hours.
Congratulations on keeping your food good.

Mary... somehow I missed that you had a new boss. Male or female?
I am glad you are enjoying your new desk. Donna... didn't you get a new desk too??

Baylee... I am so glad we don't have snow here anymore. But one day it is 18 degrees then the next day 60, then the next day 31. :dizzy: We still could get snow here... but hopefully unlikely.
And I loved what you posted from TOPS. That was great.

Tina... I am anxiously awaiting those new photos of you. That was the funniest vision Sandy had of you chasing Tony and DH chasing you. :lol: :lol:

Ravyn... do you stay all day with your 100 year old client? or just visit? or 24 hours ?? We want to do that for my dad when my mom passes. But the way it looks she will out live us all. LOL

Lucky... are you feeling better yet? We miss you.

Thin.... I know you are busy.... but we miss you too. Please come out and play.
You have not been here all weekend. Are playing showgirl again?? I went and saw that new comedy "Bringing down the house" or something like that. It was funny but I did not think kids should see parts of it. No nudity but definitely SEX ...or a demonstration at least. :eek: (with clothes on)
It was great for adults... but a little too graphic for children "in my opinion" .... and there were lots of kids in the theatre.
I am a pretty protective parent and grandma... and even though it was "clean" it was too graphic for kids. Adults will enjoy it.

Deon... you said you hoped to stay awhile... and we haven't seen you since. We don't bite... honest !!!! :crossed: LOL

Okay... I am tempted to start a new thread so this long post of mine will last longer than two more posts. LOL But at the speed everyone is writing... it will still be here tomorrow night. :lol:

Come out, come out wherever you are. !!!! Little 2cute wants to play. :dance:

2cute2Bfat
03-10-2003, 12:24 AM
DEON !!!! You came back !! :cp:
I was posting while you posted too. Except I talk so much I missed yours. :o :lol: I am so glad to see you again.

I am happy to see you are making this a family affair.
I too suffer from guilt of creating children with weight problems.
But... hopefully they will learn from my example how to lose it too.
As far as exercise... there are only 3 words of advice....

JUST DO IT !!!! :strong: :jig: :dancer:

It is something you should do the rest of your life anyways.
Not just to be skinnier... but for your HEALTH. It is good for you heart, for your blood pressure, for you mental health too.
Why do we all dread doing something that is so good for us. ??
I guess it is the nature of the beast. LOL

Okay.. I really have to go now. PLUS... I really am the last post. It is time to start a new thread. I am not going to start it... LOL .. but it is time.

kidmeister
03-10-2003, 01:27 AM
2cute: Thanks so much for the encouragement. I need it!!:p I can relate to your problem of feeling like you've waited too long, I am only in my mid 30's and I sometimes feel like it is too late for me. But this time it is going to change. And I don't think it is ever too late. I will tell you a little story, sit back and relax for a minute.:sssh: My father inlaw died of lung cancer about 2 yrs ago and when he was diagnosed with it he quit smoking even though he knew he had limited time left, and it was too late for him. He did improve his last few weeks with all of us by quitting, and we got those few weeks with him. Well that then prompted my husband and myself to both quit smoking. Well you would have to know my husband to know this was an impossibility, well he did it and he was 38, I also quit but it wasn't a huge battle for me. But with us both doing this it also encouraged his brother who has emphazema to also quit and he is one who wouldn't do anything if he cant smoke. Well it has been 2 weeks for him and he is 48. And even though people and even the Dr's have told him it is too late that the damage is done, I don't feel it is because he already feels better and says that if he died tomorrow he glad he quit to be able to feel better for this amount of time. So as the story goes, it is never too late!! In my opion anyway.:)

Now if I can only take my own advice, and also not think that I have the rest of my life to do this, then I will be fine. :lol: Well good luck to ya and hang in there.:grouphug:

MichelleK
03-10-2003, 06:06 AM
STOP!! DO NOT POST HERE....GO TO #296