30-Somethings - New Here 180's???

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : New Here 180's???

KeriHallman
03-07-2012, 10:42 PM
I have not been here in years and I was trying to jump back on the wagon. I was wondering if there were any other 180's ladies??? I am currently at 182 and need some support!!

Keri

alitorry
03-07-2012, 11:11 PM
Welcome back! Not sure I have noticed a 180s thread. not that you'll need it in a month, but I'd join one then (or less) ;)

KeriHallman
03-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Thanks Alisha! I can only hope I will leave the 180's in the dust in a week or two! you might be right there with me!

alitorry
03-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Ok :) don't wait for me.. but I'll try to catch up anyhow.. haha. Maybe this can be our 'getting out of 180s thread!!! I'm 10 lbs behind you (192 the last couple days). How is your weight loss going for you? has the 180s be particularly difficult? When I get to 189, I think it'll be a pretty big deal and you'll be my motivation ;)

KeriHallman
03-11-2012, 12:58 AM
Well I can't say it has been hard 184 is the biggest I have ever been. I am currently down to 180 though!!! I have decided to work hard 5 days and have a break on weekends. I am currently thinking about trying atkins right now. I just have the worst problem with sticking with it!!! I moved my elliptical to the middle of my bed room so I have to walk around it and it is in the way all the time. That seems to help keep me motivated to get on it. I have been going pretty hard 5 days a week on it. I hope you are doing well too!!!

samanthat
03-11-2012, 11:42 AM
I am a 180s lady as well!! 188.5 according to the scale this morning. I have lost 11.5 pounds the last 3 weeks. I am working on the old weight watchers flex points plan right now. That's what I've done in the past with success and seems to be working now. I appreciate the flexibility it give to me! I personally hope to be out of the 180s in the next 2 to 3 weeks. Mid-april at the absolute latest!

KeriHallman
03-11-2012, 01:17 PM
GREAT JOB Samantha!! I hope I can keep this going and get down to about 160 buy July. I am still up in the air if I am going to start adkins. Who knows?? Right now I am trying to eat more often and smaller amounts. I am off I have some tuna salad calling my name!

Jiggles81
03-13-2012, 10:21 AM
Hit 189 this morning! Woot! Hope the 180's are easier to beat than the 190's were!

KeriHallman
03-13-2012, 12:58 PM
Yay Mandie Jo!!! I have some pretty exciting news too. I hit 177 this morning and just weighed again in the middle of the day which is normally a big no no for me and I am 177!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited. I am thinking I might actually reach this goal. Who would have thunk it?

alitorry
03-13-2012, 03:44 PM
good job Keri!! Time for you to move to 'getting out of the 170s' :)

KeriHallman
03-13-2012, 05:12 PM
I am not sure I like the idea of leaving you ladies behind. Hmmmm I might stay a little longer!

Jiggles81
03-14-2012, 10:50 AM
Way to go Kari!! You are totally going to reach your goal!!

On a side note, I weighed in at 187.6 this morning! I don't know what's causing the big drop this week (probably because TOM is coming up soon) but I will take it!!

KeriHallman
03-14-2012, 02:08 PM
WTG Mandie Jo!!!!! I am afraid that my numbers have dropped so fast that it might show back up. Who knows?? I was sooo happy to weigh this morning and see 176!!! one more pound and I will have hit my first mini goal! Mandie me and you have the same goal weight. I have no doubt that we will both be there by late summer/fall! Just think of how cute our New Years dresses will be. I might also get to wear a sweater this winter. oh the possibilities!

kateleestar
03-14-2012, 02:28 PM
Oh, I want to post in this thread... LOL. Darn you 190's.. :lol:

Soon enough. By April, I want to be here! :D

KeriHallman
03-14-2012, 03:01 PM
You can go ahead and post if you like we are nice lol.

LiLi Gettin Thin
03-15-2012, 02:42 AM
Great job on the 176!

I've been away for several years too. Now I'm back...with an unfortunate 40+ pounds of baby weight. I've lost 11 lbs so far, but have been stuck at 184 for a bit more than a week. I'm proud of the 11 lbs, but so sick of seeing 184 on the scale. Bleh!

Jiggles81
03-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Congrats on the 11 lbs Lili Getting Thin!! I'm still hanging out at 187.6 again this morning.

KeriHallman
03-15-2012, 01:15 PM
WTG Lili Getting Thin!!!! 11 pounds is GREAT! I know I would be very proud of it. So this morning for me I was up .5 so I am now 176.5 but I am not going to change my ticker. I am only down 8 pounds but I am soooo ready to have it start showing. I want the waist in my pants and shorts to fit better. I am hoping with another couple pounds I can start to see a difference. I know once that happens it will be easier to keep going.

Mandie Jo I know you numbers will be dropping in no time!!!

Jiggles81
03-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Well I'm up to 189 this morning :( Boo. But my fingers are seriously swelled up so for some reason I must be retaining water. Going to increase water intake today and see if that helps!

KeriHallman
03-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Mandie jo I am sure you will be back to 187 in no time. I weighed myself last night and it said 177.5 and I almost died!!!! This morning though back to 176. I am soooo close to my first goal I am almost taste it!!! I can't wait to do my happy dance around my scale. all my goals are 10 pounds. I think I will do better if I can eat more. It seems like I am never hungry. I know I won't loose if I don't eat. Believe me I never had this problem for I started to diet. Weird!

alitorry
03-16-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm so close! I was at 190 yesterday and 191 today.. I'm guessing water weight and/or no work out due to sick boys :( kept cals at 1200.
hoping to get into the cool 180s club with you girls.. :^:

KeriHallman
03-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Alitorry we can't wait to have you!!!!

KeriHallman
03-17-2012, 01:49 AM
Ok I am giving myself until Tuesday morning to loose one more pound. I only have one more to reach my first mini goal. I want to do the happy dance around my scale!! Tonight I cheated a little and had some veggie soup with rice in it. Who would have thought a couple months ago that veggie soup would be cheating!!! lol I hope all you ladies get to cheat just a little and keep on loosing this weekend!

flowerg451
03-17-2012, 02:50 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site as well, I'm currently at 184 but my minigoal is to hit 170 by the end of April. I'm starting a new high protein/low carb diet, and have become a Zumba fanatic...so hopefully results will come soon!

Pamela

KeriHallman
03-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Welcome Pamela!! I am still kinda new here too but we are a good group. I am also trying a high protein/low carb diet and I have a date with my elliptical everyday! I hope you do well and we get to know each other in the mean time.

Ps. I had a little set back from the soup last night :( This mornings weigh was 177.5 I hope it is water weight. I also changed my routine a bit and exercised in the morning when I normally do about an hour before bed. Wonder if that makes a difference?? I refuse to change my ticker!

Hope everyone else is have a Fab weekend! It is sooo pretty here in NC.

alitorry
03-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Pamela, I'm a zumba fanatic too :) It's so fun! welcome to 3FC.

Ok, Keri, by the time I make it to 180s, you'll be in 170s. oh well, we'll still keep this thread :)

ran my butt of today (after zumba) cuz I cheated with sushi last night. Complete with dipping sauces. Soup (keri) and sushi, who woulda considered it as cheating huh? So, hopefully I sweat out all that water retention from the sodium.. hee hee.

ok girls, have a great saturday!!
happy St Patricks day!!!!

Jiggles81
03-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Hello Pamela and Alitorry! I'm still hanging around 187-188, bounced up and down all weekend... But I didn't work out at all. I spent a lot of time outside with the kids and then yesterday was my youngest daughter's 3rd birthday!

So I am going to get back on track and hoping for a good drop this week!

KeriHallman
03-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Hello Ladies!!! So this morning I was happy again. I am back at 176!!! My cheating had gotten me back to 178 and I was NOT happy!! 0y sister stayed with me over the weekend and she was not a good influence!

I hope you ladies are doing good so far this week! I have moved my goal back to friday morning. I would like to reach my first mini goal by then!! One thing I did find out salt is worse than carbs!!!

Good luck this week!!

LiLi Gettin Thin
03-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Well I finally am off my 184 plateau! 183.5, but I'm counting it as a success!

alitorry
03-20-2012, 08:25 PM
YAY, guess what?!! 189 today!! sooo, officially in the 180s group :)

Mandie, I have always been so mad at how busy we can be with the kids that weight loss isn't easier. ugh!

Oh, keri I totally know what you mean about the sodium. It has sabotaged me on numerous occasions..

Great job, Lili :)

KeriHallman
03-20-2012, 10:34 PM
Wow looks like we all have been kicking some serious butt!!

KeriHallman
03-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Still holding steady at 176. I should be happy I am maintaining. I am hoping to be 175 by friday.

LiLi Gettin Thin
03-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Great job alitory!

Keri, wow, you are so close to your mini goal!

I am down another pound today! 182.5! Man, I hate plateaus, but right after, the weight seems to just fall off. I hope this keeps up.

flowerg451
03-21-2012, 07:06 PM
Great job everyone!! I weighed in at 181.2 today, so there's actually been some progress-yaaaay!!!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week and keep up to good work.

Jiggles81
03-22-2012, 10:09 AM
Ugh. I feel stuck! My weight is NOT moving at all!! I'm so frustrated :( Thinking of upping my calories a bit for the next couple days? I stay right at 1200 and work out (P90x) every night for roughly an hour. You would think I would be seeing some movement!

KeriHallman
03-22-2012, 01:12 PM
I am right there with you Mandie Jo!!! I am have been waiting and waiting to see 175. This morning I jump out of bed and I am up a pound to 177??? Crazy part is and this might be TMI I had a BM and weighed after and it said I went up another pound and a half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I am on my elliptical every single night. Last night I burned 477 calories and 80 carbs and I go up a pound?? This is killing me!!

KeriHallman
03-23-2012, 01:40 AM
Ok 488 calories and 85 carbs burned off after a pretty intense workout on the elliptical. I MUST loose the last pound to reach my mini goal. I think it is teasing me!!!

Jiggles81
03-23-2012, 10:06 AM
185 this morning! Woot! That is 40lbs gone from my highest weight!! Did P90X Yoga last night, I was sceptical at first but then realized that I think I was sweating MORE during it than any of the other workouts!!

On a side note - I had my first "negative" comment this morning. I sent a text to a family member saying I had hit 40lbs gone (they are dieting too) and the text I got back was about how I really didn't need to lose another 35-40 lbs, that I'm way too thin at that weight and my collar bones stick out too far making me look sick...

Uh - I can't help it I have big collar bones! Geez. I think I'm probably reading too much into it. But it still kinda stung!

KeriHallman
03-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Well I guess this is my plateau?? Another morning at 176 :( Not sure what else to do?? I have been killing myself on the elliptical even increased my workouts. I took one day off last friday. I have cut out sodas, sweets and fast food and that is HUGE change from what I ate a month ago. Come on weight gods I am only asking for one more pound to reach my first goal!!!

Mandie Jo I understand how you are feeling!!! My Mom once told me that you stomach looked thinner. I was soo excited!! Then she followed it up with it is probably because you are wearing black! People just don't understand!

alitorry
03-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Thanks Lili :)
Great job to everyone!! Mandie, AWESOME!

Keri, didn't we talk about upping your calories? Did you try that? Or even calorie cycling? I know you're working out really hard. is it sodium or water weight too? I hope you break that 176, but you're doing unbelievable. Hence, the group you started for 180s and you're totally not in the 80s anymore.. haha.

I'm in 180s FOR REAL! 188 today :) YAY!

KeriHallman
03-24-2012, 12:01 AM
Alisha you are doing GREAT!!! By the time I loose my one pound to reach my goal we will be the same weight!! I do think maybe I need to eat more. I just haven't been hungry and I have no reason why?? I have only been eating twice a day and small meals when I did eat. So I am trying to become a grazer and make healthy choices.

KeriHallman
03-24-2012, 01:26 AM
Alisha you got me thinking. I looked up how many calories I should be eating and I think I found my problem!!! I was only eating about 900-1000 calories a day and it says I should be eating 1400-1600 calories a day. So Lets see what this week has in store and maybe that will be 175 pounds!!!

alitorry
03-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Exactly! 900-1000 cals is probably working against you. Although, sometimes I do eat that little and it mostly works for me (despite all literature), but when I raise my cals, I still have weight loss. try it out and I'm sure you'll be surprised :)

KeriHallman
03-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Operation eat more is in full effect at my house. I am trying to have something small every few hours. So because of this I don't plan on weighing just yet. I hope all you ladies got to cheat a tiny bit this weekend. Good luck to everyone this week coming up!

KeriHallman
03-26-2012, 01:43 AM
Not sure this eating more thing is going to help but I did burn 86 carbs and 494 calories on my elliptical tonight!

KeriHallman
03-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Sooo 85 carbs and 490 calories gone after a workout on the elliptical that almost killed me!! I am doing well eating more but I am having a HUGE problem staying away from the spring time oreos!!! I hope you ladies are doing great!!! I am hoping to see the scale changing by the end of the week!

Jiggles81
03-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Hello Ladies!! Well after almost 10 days of bouncing back and forth, I seem to have finally gotten over my bump! I guess it took a carb filled weekend and not working out for 2 days. I am 183 this morning!!! That is 40 lbs gone!!!!!! :)

Jiggles81
03-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Kari, I know this will be the week for you!! Keep up the good work!

Jiggles81
03-27-2012, 10:45 AM
For some reason, I can't get my multiple quote to work :( (I'm sure it's user error) Just wanted to say GREAT JOB to everyone here! Before we know it we will be moving into the 170's! Yay!

Tinks
03-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Hello! Can I join in? Got out of the much hated 190s recently and am currently at 187... I am doing MFP and try to stay within my 1200 cals a day. So far I have had some good results and I really hope I won't be hitting any plataeus any time soon....:o

alitorry
03-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Great job MANDIE!!! two weeks from now, I think I'll try the carbs and no working out thing .. haha! I have a gym fitness challenge and the weigh in is april 9th. Yes, after EASTER ;(

Keri, STAY AWAY from those oreos :)

Tinks, of course you can join in, congrats on getting to the 180s. I barely just got to the 180s myself..

Today, 187, woohoo! would like to lose 2 more lbs by monday.
please please please :)

Tinks
03-28-2012, 02:52 AM
Great job MANDIE!!! two weeks from now, I think I'll try the carbs and no working out thing .. haha! I have a gym fitness challenge and the weigh in is april 9th. Yes, after EASTER ;(

Keri, STAY AWAY from those oreos :)

Tinks, of course you can join in, congrats on getting to the 180s. I barely just got to the 180s myself..

Today, 187, woohoo! would like to lose 2 more lbs by monday.
please please please :)

Thanks and well done!!! Fingers crossed for 2 lb loss by Monday! :carrot:

I have decided to up my calories since my weightloss has slowed considerably. I used to lose anything between 1 and 2 lb a week but lately it has been more around 0.5lb :( I hope this works and I don't start gaining :dizzy:

KeriHallman
03-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Ok so I am more than discouraged :( I have tried for two weeks to loose one pound. I did increase my calories and nothing so last night I decided to increase my time on the elliptical to 45 mins and I did burn 550 calories. I am just not sure what to do?? At first the pound came off quickly but I haven't changed in weeks :( I have noticed since increasing my calories I am hungrier than before. I am at a loss right now.

Welcome Tinks!! Glad to have you in the group!

Mandie Jo you are doing great!!! I wish you could spread some of that over this way!

KeriHallman
03-29-2012, 04:41 PM
So if I am working out and burning around 500 calories a night per my elliptical. I do this 6 days a week. I can't believe I have stuck to this for over a month now. So with the nightly workouts and eating around 1200 calories a day I should loose weight right?? This week I have my period so I understand a little bloating and such. But it should not take 3 weeks to loose one pound right? Also I have been eating tons of fiber and raisin bran every morning so maybe it is about to get ugly TMI lol. I am just not sure what to do next?? Anyone have any ideas?

Jiggles81
03-30-2012, 10:15 AM
This may sound crazy, but it worked for me.... Take the weekend off of working out. I did that last weekend and dropped 2 lbs!! Maybe you just need to give your body a rest. Or maybe try something other than eliptical? Might cause enough muscle confusion? Good luck, Keri! It's so frustrating to be working so hard and not seeing results :(

I am at 180.4 today! It's girls night out tonight and we are going to Buffalo Wild Wings, I think I can still behave myself there :) But I WILL be having a drink! I haven't even had a beer since I started this "diet" January 3rd!

Tinks
03-30-2012, 11:42 AM
So if I am working out and burning around 500 calories a night per my elliptical. I do this 6 days a week. I can't believe I have stuck to this for over a month now. So with the nightly workouts and eating around 1200 calories a day I should lose weight right?? This week I have my period so I understand a little bloating and such. But it should not take 3 weeks to loose one pound right? Also I have been eating tons of fiber and raisin bran every morning so maybe it is about to get ugly TMI lol. I am just not sure what to do next?? Anyone have any ideas?

Time to up your caloeies, you are eating way toi little. Will give you a couple of articles to read on the subject when at home as cant easily find the links on the mobile...

Tinks
03-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Ughhh, can't post links due to low post count :(

jenjulia
04-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Wondering if I can join your group? I've been stuck at 181-184 since I found out I had a stress fracture in January. Now that I'm healed, I'm ready to focus again and hoping to get into the 160's by June 10th (17th wedding anniversay).

Keri, I struggle with the eating enough, exercising a lot myself. Have you tried mixing up your exercise? or doing intervals on the elliptical? Do 30 seconds sprinting, 1 minute jogging for four minutes? Tabata is supposed to really help if you do it a couple times a week. Resistance training works great too. I've worked with trainers since Labor Day and while I've made a lot of progress one thing that drives them nuts (I think) about me is that I don't track my food and I don't eat enough protein and eat too many carbs. I'm supposed to eat 2,000 calories and still lose body fat but it scares me silly to eat so much (don't want to gain back).

jenjulia
04-03-2012, 11:51 AM
If I sounded like a know it all, I'm not. Sorry!!

Trust me, if I had this thing figured out I'd be at my goal weight right now...the eating thing is extremely frustrating for me and I get told the same advice a couple times a week at the gym. I just don't seem to be really good at trying the diet advice. The Tabata training is a killer but it is a great workout! ;-)

wannaBfitnessbuff
04-03-2012, 12:05 PM
I weighed 182.6 yesterday. I'm up for a getting out of the 180's! I'm only weighing once a week, so hopefully I only stick around for 2 weeks.

Tinks
04-03-2012, 03:10 PM
I weighed 182.6 yesterday. I'm up for a getting out of the 180's! I'm only weighing once a week, so hopefully I only stick around for 2 weeks.

Yay! hopefully you will be in the 170s soon!

I weighed at 185 today so hoping to be out of the 180s in no time!:carrot:

alitorry
04-03-2012, 05:00 PM
I can't wait for 170s too!!!

Keri, how is it going? Yeah, I agree with Jen, definitely change it up and try some running if you can. Or just switch it up.. I think that will really make a difference for you.

I'm at 185 :) yay!

Have a great week girls!!

KeriHallman
04-04-2012, 12:50 AM
I am currently in the middle of a very bad cycle. I have an IUD and haven't had a period in almost a year. So I am hoping that I will have lost a little after I am done with all this fun stuff. I refuse to weigh until after it is gone!I did weigh the day I started and I was still 176. I have started using the loose it app on my nook so I hope that will help!

Looks like you ladies are doing a GREAT job!!!! I will be back soon!

KeriHallman
04-04-2012, 01:20 AM
Jen welcome and thanks for the advice!!! It didn't sound like a know it all. I just feel like now that I am dieting I am eating more than before!! I am really having a hard time eating soo much. Wish my body could just see how big my rear is and say this girl does not need to hold onto any of this weight!!

On a positive note I have lost 4 inches in my tummy and I have shoulders now!! I also have less dents in my butt and less upper leg fat!! I can tell the working out is really changing my body so I am not feeling soo bad anymore!

KeriHallman
04-04-2012, 01:36 PM
OMG .................................................. ...175!!!!

and I have lost 5 inches around my waist this morning and I am on my period!!!!!

Jiggles81
04-05-2012, 10:50 AM
OMG .................................................. ...175!!!!

and I have lost 5 inches around my waist this morning and I am on my period!!!!!

YAY!!!! So happy for you Keri!! I knew you would get there soon!!!

Welcome to the ladies I've missed over the last couple of days! Been very hectic around my house!! I am at..... 178!! Praying that I can keep my head on strait over the long weekend and make sensible choices!

We have a Disney Cruise booked for the end of May and I wanted to get to 175 for it. Now I'm thinking I want to be 165 by that time... I ordered a new swimsuit this weekend and ordered a size smaller than what I am now. Once it comes in, I swear I'm going to hang that puppy on the fridge as a reminder that I don't REALLY need that 9 p.m. snack! Bahahaha.

Jiggles81
04-05-2012, 10:50 AM
I can't wait for 170s too!!!

Keri, how is it going? Yeah, I agree with Jen, definitely change it up and try some running if you can. Or just switch it up.. I think that will really make a difference for you.

I'm at 185 :) yay!

Have a great week girls!!

YAY!! Way to go Alisha!!

jenjulia
04-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Keri-Way to Go!!! That's awesome! The fact that you're losing inches and your body is getting firmer means you're losing body fat and that's great! The whole eating thing is very hard for me. Changing a lifetime of bad habits is not easy. I do fine for a couple days and then fall off the wagon. I hear you on the rear. I yell at my thighs everyday but they doesn't seem to listen, lol ;-)

Mandie Jo- your trip sounds like fun!!! Setting goals worked for me really well last fall. When your mind is motivated, you can achieve anything!

wannaBfitnessbuff
04-05-2012, 01:37 PM
So much progress in this thread. 175, thats awesome Keri!

Also I love the swimsuit on fridge. I laughed outloud because I could so se myself wanting to do that. Late night snacking is my biggest hurdle. I started out on April 2nd, and I did really well two days, then last night I raided the fridge for leftovers. At least we had no salty fried or greasy stuff (that kinda stuff is my crack) and I ended up eating some leftover grilled shrimp. Not a terrible choice calorie wise, and mostly protien, but I really want to stop eating after 10. It's one of my big goals that I believe will help me lose this weight once and for all. And the shrimp raid occurred at 11.

On a happier note I am kinda excited for mondays weigh in. I'm really hoping that I see 181 or less...... But too see that I need to not have anymore days like yesterday!

puneri
04-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Hey folks,
Last June I was here, 182 lbs. Now, around 158- 160 fluctuating.
Still miles to cover, it's a life time journey.

puneri
04-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Keep up the good work, god bless you all.

kateleestar
04-05-2012, 02:39 PM
I was 190 this morning, so I'm hoping to officially see you all tomorrow! :D

:carrot:

jenjulia
04-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Kate- great! I'm excited for you!! It's a great feeling to move into that next set of scale numbers!!

WannaB-Same height, around the same weight and goal (not listed on here but in my mind it's 158...what I was before my oldest was born). You're inspiring me to eat better...good for you to eat the grilled shrimp!

wannaBfitnessbuff
04-05-2012, 08:10 PM
jenjulia- That is awesome that we are in the same place basically! Well done on your weightloss so far. You have done incredibly. I'm in awe.....

kateleestar
04-06-2012, 08:28 AM
WHY HELLO 180's!!!! :carrot:

189.6 this morning! :D

wannaBfitnessbuff
04-06-2012, 11:35 AM
kateleestar- Awesome welcome!!! It's so exciting to see a new decade in weightloss. havent had one yet this time around, but I do remember getting to the 170's once upon a time and even the 160's. And I think they will be equally excititing this time around.

Speaking of which, do we have a 170's thread somewhere? Or is this an ok place to keep on hangng out, or perhaps there are both?

jenjulia
04-06-2012, 11:56 AM

Awesome!!!! Congrats!!!

WannaB- Thanks.I've tried just about everything and anything in the past but I must have been finally ready to make a change!

I'm not kidding when I say the eating part is a major challenge for me. I like to exercise more than I like to eat healthy. :o Resistance training with heavy weights and jogging 1/2 mile intervals this fall dropped the fat quick. If I could get my eating figured out I'd probably be much closer to my goal bf% right now....

KeriHallman
04-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Sooo this morning I was .......174!!! Maybe I am over my first plateau?? For me weight loss is harder to figure out then men.

Mandie Jo - you are doing great!!!!!!! I totally understand the whole trip thing. I have a big trip planned over the 4th of July and I sooo badly want to be 160. I have a really hot red dress I bought for a wedding july 7 and I am going with I dated back in high school. He was my first love and I was tiny back in the day. So I have it hanging so I can see it from my elliptical. It helps me burn another 100 or so calories every night!

Kateleestar- Welcome to the group!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We kinda are just staying together so it isn't just the 180's. Jump right in we can't wait to have you!

WannaB- Good luck with your weigh in!! Btw a grilled shrimp snack is nothing!! Normally my late night break downs are of the little debbie variety. Much much much worse than yours!

Jenjulia- Thanks and Good luck this week!!! Btw I mostly yell at my tummy during my workout. I have gone to wearing only a sports bra and shorts to workout. Don't worry ladies I am at home in my bedroom lol. But it helps me to see my stomach and remind me to suck in lol. Two c-sections back to back have not been kind.

Alisha and Tinks- How have you guys been?? Hoping for some big changes for you ladies!!

KeriHallman
04-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Oh we are all so close with our weights I figured we could just ride this party bus to our goals!

Puffin55
04-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Already a small loss since I started changing my habits a few days ago. Down from 190 to 186.5! Hello 180's. Nice to see you again. And Good Friday is just getting started. Day of fasting. I always lose on Good Friday.

wannaBfitnessbuff
04-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Keri- I like it. Get outta all the decades kinda thread. :) And just a quick look and we all do have similar goal weights...well kinda. I feel I have no idea whether I'll go all the way to 155, I'll let myself know when I see how 165 looks on me :).

Tinks
04-09-2012, 06:20 AM
Already a small loss since I started changing my habits a few days ago. Down from 190 to 186.5! Hello 180's. Nice to see you again. And Good Friday is just getting started. Day of fasting. I always lose on Good Friday.

Wonderful results! :carrot:

I have seen nice loss since upping my calories! Down to 183lbs! :carrot:

kateleestar
04-09-2012, 08:49 AM
After a 4 hour car ride on saturday, I'm up a litle from water weight, but I saw a new low on Saturday morning of 188.8, so that's pretty cool. Still on plan, so it'll come off soon enough!

wannaBfitnessbuff
04-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Weigh in today. 182.0, so a 1.6 lb loss for the week. Which is REALLY good, but since this was my first week I was secretly pulling for like 3 lbs, just because I know at first you can have some water weight and I was hoping for a legit 2 lb loss of the fatty stuff. But any lose is a win, so hopefully most of the 1.6 lbs isnt water weight then!

Anyways I suppose after not tracking over the weekend, I should be excitied for loss at all.

So I'm setting a goal this week that I do not miss calorie counting any single thing for the entire week. Start with 7 days since I didnt make it a whole week in this first week.

Jiggles81
04-09-2012, 12:09 PM

Yay!! Welcome to the 180's kateleestar!!

Well this weekend went WAY better than I expected it to. I managed to stay within my calorie all weekend AND get out and do some walking/running each day. I didn't lose anything over the weekend, but I didn't gain either! So that's a win in my book! :)

Jiggles81
04-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Oh we are all so close with our weights I figured we could just ride this party bus to our goals!

I agree! I'm just hanging in here! I feel like you ladies are family!! :)

KeriHallman
04-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Well you ladies did great!!!! I on the other hand am avoiding the scale for as long as I can!!!! I had wayyyyyy too much food and sodium over the weekend. So I am really sticking to it this week!! my new goal is 172-170 by May 4. That is my sons birthday.

Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KeriHallman
04-09-2012, 12:38 PM
I agree! I'm just hanging in here! I feel like you ladies are family!! :)

I know it feel wrong to just leave. So I figured we could just keep going.

Puffin55
04-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Thanks Tinks! It's gonna be a journey. Glad to be here though!

Easter went pretty good. Holidays are always potentially disastrous. This was actually a pretty low carb Easter. I had a little bit of good quality chocolate so as not to feel deprived, but otherwise we ate pretty well. My husband is very supportive though. He tries to help. I'm really happy with yesterday.

You ladies are doing so well! Keep up the good work. One pound at a time!

alitorry
04-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Thanks Mandie Jo :D

awesome, way to go kate!!!

Keri, you got a pic up! nice :) great job on the continued loss!

so, I made it to 180.2 today! super duper happy! I hope it's not just dehydration .. haha. I drink a lot of water, but still. Hoping to hold onto this loss!

welcome to the newbies joining this thread!!

have a great day girlies!

alitorry
04-09-2012, 08:37 PM
WannaB - I think this is a good place to post for 170s. Like Mandie said, we're like family now :)

jenjulia - I am just like you! I worked out so hard before and never lost any weight. Cuz I preferred to work out harder than change my eating habits :( Nothing worked for me until I FINALLY got it in my head and found my will power.

Tinks - I love hearing about weight loss from upping calories!!! that is so awesome!!! congrats :)

Jiggles81
04-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Thanks Mandie Jo :D

so, I made it to 180.2 today! super duper happy! I hope it's not just dehydration .. haha. I drink a lot of water, but still. Hoping to hold onto this loss!

have a great day girlies!

Way to go Alitorry!!

I have been keeping a log on facebook about my weight loss. I think it's time to stop. I'm starting to get the "you don't need to lose anymore" comments. I hate that. But I suppose if I put it out there I should expect others to voice their opinions. So from now on, I'm just going to keep it to myself and when they see pictures from the cruise and tell me that I look great I can say "oh, I thought I didn't need to lose anymore!" (I really wouldn't say that, but it sounds good in my head!) bahahahaha.

On that note - 177 this morning! Woot!

jenjulia
04-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Alisha- Hardest thing in the world- the eating. I eat so much less than I used to but I could definately eat better. When the marshmallows call my name, I answer them far too much!

Keri- I love the idea of hanging a goal outfit near my treadmill and weight bench. Definately would make me work harder! Speaking of trips, my husband and I went to Nashville in the end of Feb/beginning of March and we rented a car and drove to the Smokey Mtns and then to Asheville, NC. We loved North Carolina (my dh had been there before). Beautiful state!!! My son's birthday is May 16th. I like the idea of having a goal by then. I will be 175 by then and 165 by my cousin's wedding on July 6th!

Mandie Jo- Awesome job!!! Your hard work is paying off!!! I think when you lose as much weight as we have, people start to really notice- people in general have a hard time with any change. They're just saying that you've done a great job! You'll look incredible on that cruise!!!

Tinks & Puffin: Great job!!! The first couple weeks are the hardest but you ladies are right on track!

Kate: right there with ya. Easter weekend is tough. My scale didn't change much. I went up a pound, down a pound. I have to figure out what my official weigh day is going to be. It was always Wednesday last fall but a little worried about stepping on the scale tomorrow.

Wanna B- if I consistently tracked I'd be at goal. Everytime I track, I start to feel like I'm deprived and I binge. I have no idea WHY I do that. It's embarrassing!

Anyone else have a hard time with tracking?

Biggest Loser is on tonight. I read that they exercise most of the day on that show. I can't imagine how much energy it takes but I guess they see results. I usually watch the old episodes "on demand" while I'm on the treadmill (and any other weight loss shows I can find on "on demand"). Keeps me motivated!

kateleestar
04-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Kate: right there with ya. Easter weekend is tough. My scale didn't change much. I went up a pound, down a pound. I have to figure out what my official weigh day is going to be. It was always Wednesday last fall but a little worried about stepping on the scale tomorrow.

Anyone else have a hard time with tracking?

Biggest Loser is on tonight. I read that they exercise most of the day on that show. I can't imagine how much energy it takes but I guess they see results. I usually watch the old episodes "on demand" while I'm on the treadmill (and any other weight loss shows I can find on "on demand"). Keeps me motivated!

I'm a daily weigher, so I know why I'm up.. I'm nuts and like to see the changes of what/when I ate yesterday hinder or help me. :)

I'm on track to still be at my mini goal (and former ultimate, lol, goal!) of 175 by 6/1, and my (new!) ultimate goal by the time I go on vacation in August, so I'm okay with a little up and down, as long as the overall picture is dooooowwwnnn. :D

As far as tracking, I'm a calorie counter and I use an app on my phone. If its something I eat often, with very little calorie change, I save it and use it daily... I always eat this spinach salad, and sometimes the veggies in it change, but I always use the same ranch dressing and the same croutons. I eat it daily, so I saved it in my app as 'my daily salad' and I track it that way. It's like, 260 cals or something, which is an overestimation, but that's okay with me. :)

And when I'm working out, I find that I end up watching Golden Girls, or How I Met Your Mother, lol... Like, I'll do the elliptical for 1/2 an hour, of one and then I'll walk on my treadmill for a 1/2 hour for the other, lol..

wannaBfitnessbuff
04-10-2012, 12:55 PM
alitorry- You are so close to the 170's!!!

jenjulia- Yeah I have never been a successful calorie counter in my feable attempts of the past. I am determined this time around. This is only week two and I missed 2 days last week (the weekend of course). I am having such an issue deciding what my calorie goal should be. At first I was going to net 1200, but then I start reading about how too few calories can mess with your weightloss. SO then I think 1500. Then I was re-reading NROWFW and its talking about starting at maintenece. So now I am (not doing maintenece, thats too scary) doing 1750 since its close to maintenece. Anyways if I could just decide where I need to stick it would makes things less stressfull. There is so much contradictory information out there.

kateleestar- I think daily weighing is what I want to do eventually too. When I did lose weight in the past I weighed daily. I had a few false starts to losing weight in the last two months, and when I weighed daily in the beginning I totally let the scale play head games with me. I have noticed though when you first start trying to lose weight it does alot more fluctuation than what it does when your in the weightloss mode for awhile. I am weighing weekly for a month, so in May I plan to switch to daily weighing. Want to establish the habit before I add the potential scale mind games to the mix. I agree its a great daily accountability tool. You real see the effects even in a day!

wannaBfitnessbuff
04-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Anyone else get have this happen too?

So I have only lost 1.6 lbs so far. A start, but just a start. I think it has to do with the bloat of eating poorly, but everytime I have started eating better I always feel like my cloths are fitting slightly more confortably (and 1.6 lbs cant realloy make THAT much difference on someone who is 5'11").

When I start losing a bit of weight I very quickly get o the "well I'm looking better already and maybe eating a few french is fine now, I mean I want to do this in a way I can maintain forever right?". And when hubby wants to go out to eat I think breakfast I think "I dont need to just eat oatmeal, I can get the whole greasy breakfast thing this time. I've been so good"....etc etc you get the picture. Anyways I guess I'm seeing if anyoine else deals with the "I dont FEEL as fat anymore, maybe I can loosen up." This is almost always what leads to the end of my weightloss. I know that counting calories this time aroubnd may really help combat this. I hope it does. But honestly I am still in the overweight range and I need to keep my head on straight. I appreciate feeling less overweight after a few lbs lost, but I need to stop the rationalizing that leads me back to old habits.

Anyways I havent hit that point yet this time, but I know it's coming. Anyone else get this?

Jiggles81
04-10-2012, 01:41 PM
When I start losing a bit of weight I very quickly get o the "well I'm looking better already and maybe eating a few french is fine now, I mean I want to do this in a way I can maintain forever right?". And when hubby wants to go out to eat I think breakfast I think "I dont need to just eat oatmeal, I can get the whole greasy breakfast thing this time. I've been so good"....etc etc you get the picture. Anyways I guess I'm seeing if anyoine else deals with the "I dont FEEL as fat anymore, maybe I can loosen up." This is almost always what leads to the end of my weightloss. I know that counting calories this time aroubnd may really help combat this. I hope it does. But honestly I am still in the overweight range and I need to keep my head on straight. I appreciate feeling less overweight after a few lbs lost, but I need to stop the rationalizing that leads me back to old habits.

Anyways I havent hit that point yet this time, but I know it's coming. Anyone else get this?

I am totally guilty of this! That has been the end all of just about every diet I've been on before. I *ALMOST* did it this weekend, but I pushed through it and didn't!

I am honestly scared to death of maintenance. I've got awhile before I get there. I'm afraid that once I get to maintain, I'm not going to want to count calories and whatnot, and without that accountability, I'm scared that I will fall off the edge!

alitorry
04-10-2012, 05:17 PM
WannaB, yes I have been there!! I joined a fitness challenge (weight loss) in January (it ended yesterday) , so that has helped to keep me on track instead of saying yes to the bad things. I'm looking for my next challenge though ...

yep, I'm a daily weigher too.. I like it and I don't. Like you girls say, it holds me accountable... so, I'll take it!

Hoping for big losses today for you guys!!!

happy tuesday :)

kateleestar
04-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Hello all! Allmost all my water weight is gone, and I'm officially back in the 180's today.. A car trip and salty foods over the weekend was too much, lol... Glad I stuck to my plan, so I know it'll come off the rest of the way soon enough.

:)

Keep going everyone!

Jiggles81
04-12-2012, 09:19 AM
Day two of 175! I thought it was a fluke yesterday when I stepped on the scale! AND a friend gave me size 10 Old Navy jeansto try (old navy always runs a bit big, I think) and they fit!! So excited!!

Kateleestar - so glad you are back in the 180's! Car rides get me EVERYTIME. Even if it's only just a few hours - my fingers start to get puffy!

Puffin55
04-12-2012, 09:04 PM
I know I've been missing in action a few days. TOM. I'm commited to daily weighing -- except in a few circumstances. I know I weigh more when I have my period and when ovulation approaches. It's not real fat. It's just a monthly thing, so I let it go for a few days when these times come. The other time I don't weigh everyday is when I'm losing sleep. One of my challenges is chronic back pain. I just started seeing a chiropractor. I'm so excited to actually get my spine back in alignment, but it's going to take months and in the meantime I may have pain here or there or everywhere any or all the time. My neck is killing me right now as a result of releasing the twisting tension on my spine. My next adjustment isn't till next Thursday. It hurts, but it's a step towards healing this chronic problem, so in my book, the temporary hurt is worth it. I've been losing sleep this week because I am second shift and the chiro appointments have been in the morning at least to start. Still, even with this challenge, I have maintained my small loss and hope to build on it now that TOM is gone and chiro appointments can now be scheduled around my sleep schedule.

Puffin55
04-12-2012, 09:16 PM
It's going to take me a little time to get to know you all, but I am looking forward to it, so forgive me if it seems I have forgotten to reply to someone.
I am encouraged to see so many positive posts of you gals actually losing the weight!

Thank you JenJulia for your support! It made me feel so good!!!!

wannaBfitnessbuff: I get this. I'm really motivated to lose when my clothes are tight and as soon as they loosen up (not many pounds needed for this) I am severely tempted in my motivation. All I can say is stick to your guns!

kateleestar: great job. It's so hard to stay good all the time. If you go off plan, just get back on. You can do it! Success is just having more good days than bad days over time.

kateleestar
04-13-2012, 10:06 AM
3 days at the same weight... sheesh. Come on Zumba, :lol: .. :D

Keep going ladies, and have a good weekend!

cbressler1976
04-13-2012, 10:36 AM
I am here!! I weigh 180, but I started at 188... I have only been dieting for almost 2 wks...

Puffin55
04-13-2012, 01:25 PM
So, after complaining yesterday about pain and lack of sleep and all yesterday, I got a great night's sleep, I can move my neck again, feel much better, and I seem to have lost 2 more pounds. Sounds like the beginning of a great day!

kateleestar - Zumba! That sounds so fun!!!
cbressler1976 - hi and welcome! Great job!

wannaBfitnessbuff
04-14-2012, 03:18 PM
I saw 177.6 on the scale this morning! I'm sure its a fluke. I ate dinner at like 5 but with work didnt go to bed until 1:30 and also I ran a long run yesterday. I'll be interested to see how much long runs, or weight lifting effect my daily weigh in. I've heard also that sore muscles can mean your body is hold extra water weight. I'm curious to witness whether tha rings true too. It's exciting to think f the things I can learn about my body and how things effect weight on a day to day basis. Anyways it was very nice to see that low number, But my hopes are not set on seeing it repeat tomorrow. :)

Jiggles81
04-16-2012, 10:34 AM
Happy Monday, everyone!!

Rough weekend, I ate really well and got in my exercise and then yesterday morning stepped on the scale and was UP 1.5 lbs. Ugh. This morning I was back down .5. So frustrating!!

kateleestar
04-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Oy, lol.. 189.4 every day since last wednesday. I tried 2 scales, and even got new batteries and... still.

Sigh.

I ordered a Zumba dvd set, lol, hoping that I can do it on my non-zumba-class days and that'll push my through this little stop I'm at. :crossed:

Jiggles81
04-17-2012, 02:28 PM
174 this morning! Woot! Honestly getting kind of burnt out and bored with P90X, thinking of getting the Charlene Extreme, anyone use it?

kateleestar
04-18-2012, 09:50 AM
189.4 NO MORE! :carrot: :lol:

Nine freaking days. Good God, lol.. Hoping for more new lows coming up! :)

Yey 180's! Although, I hope I'm not here very long... ;)

Puffin55
04-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Yeah Jiggles! Yeah Kateleestar!

I'm still hanging in here and I'm excited that I've actually lost weight. Walked for over an hour up a big hill yesterday to try to turbocharge my efforts.

kateleestar
04-18-2012, 03:26 PM
We can totally do this, Puffin!! :D

KeriHallman
04-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Ok so I have been MIA lately. I had a really bad tooth abscess. I had been drinking crazy amounts of water to help with the icky way the meds made me feel. I couldn't exercise because my head would pound when I got going good. So I started back hard when I was feeling better. I have some big news to share and I am shocked!!!

I am ........................................173!!!!

I am going to check up on what I have missed. I hope you ladies are doing GREAT!

jenjulia
04-18-2012, 06:09 PM
MIA lately too. I lost one pound last week, one pound this week. Slowly but surely I will get to my goal!

Going to go back and read what I missed. Great job to everyone on your losses!!!

jenjulia
04-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Keri- I bet all that water was filling you up and you were eating less? Great job on the weight loss!! :carrot:I wanted to let you know that I broke out the workout skort today for the first time (inspired by you!) for two reasons: to see the muscles I've built in my legs and to remind me how much farther I have to go!! Thanks for giving me that oomph I needed to just do it!

Kate: It's so awesome when that scale starts moving after not moving for a while. I bet you see some quick losses now if you stick with it. Sometimes it seems like I was at a weight forever and then it drops super quick!:carrot: I hope that happens for you too!! My cousin teaches Zumba where she lives and she tried to teach me last summer. I'm so uncoordinated though, lol. It was a lot of fun though!

Puffin: Glad that I could inspire you! I 'm also glad you are feeling better. It's NO fun being hurt or sick. Ever! Great job with the weight loss!! :carrot:Just keep moving and eating right (I need this advice on a daily basis, truely!) and the weight will come off!

Cbressler: Glad to have you join us! Two weeks in, that's great!! Stick with it and you will be amazed what your body can do. :carrot:

Wanna B: Awesome weight loss drop! :carrot:I was going to say that for us tall girls it takes a long time for that weight loss to be obvious. I've been on that looking better, eating crap wagon. Struggle with it everyday! I eat so much better though than I used to. For me, I've had a loooonnnnngggg time of eating really bad and I realize it's going to be a long time to change those habits. I wish I could say that my diet is perfect, but it's not. If it was, I'd look so healthy! ;-) For me, I don't lose any weight after a weight lifting workout. I do, on the other hand, lose a lot after a run. I actually step on the scale before and after I workout so that I can see how much water I need to drink because of the water loss during a workout. But I can tell when I do a lot more intense cardio consistently throughout the week...the scale drops and it dropped significantly last fall. And then I ended up with a stress fracture in my femur. Nice....lol. So I am a bit scared to workout like I did last fall!

Mandie Jo: It's such an awesome feeling when that scale drops. You are doing great! :carrot:My weight fluctuates a little bit sometimes. Depends what I eat the day before, what I eat that day, how much exercise, what exercise, but it does stay pretty consistent within 3 lbs. If it goes above that, then I do worry because I've learned a little bit more about how my body operates.

Maintenance scares me too. I've lost this weight before...kept it off for two years until I was pg with first, then lost within 10 lbs, kept it off for 2 years and then since 2003 I've slowly put on way too much weight and didn't lose it during two more babies. I lost weight really fast last fall and it sort of scared me. I didn't want a lot of loose skin, I didn't want to gain it back real fast. Losing these two lbs the last two weeks has been huge for me since I haven't really lost any weight since January. But in all honesty, I haven't really been trying either!

And I WILL eat more carrots this week and less junk ('cause I'm sick of it in my trunk) ;-) I challenge you ladies to do the same! :D

kateleestar
04-20-2012, 09:47 AM
lol, Mandie.. I am too, but I just keep going. Or if I can't get a move, I just shake my hips around and dance. I like it because I can burn so many calories in a relatively short period of time. And there's a class about 5 mins from my house!

alitorry
04-20-2012, 09:38 PM
Hey guys!! I'm another MIA :)

My weight loss has slowed considerably, largely due to a camping trip. How was I supposed to eat healthy camping with my young boys?? So, I failed :(
I'm back on the bandwagon and trying to get under 180.
It looks like you all are all doing great!! keep up the good work ;)

jenjulia
04-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Hey guys!! I'm another MIA :)

My weight loss has slowed considerably, largely due to a camping trip. How was I supposed to eat healthy camping with my young boys?? So, I failed :(
I'm back on the bandwagon and trying to get under 180.
It looks like you all are all doing great!! keep up the good work ;)

Alisha: Glad you had fun and that you're back on the wagon!

I saw 178.8 on the scale last night for the first time in close to 10 years! This morning though, the scale was fluctuating between 179.8 and 180.0 so...I guess I'm going to just keep focused and the weight will come off. Sorry I went a little overboard w/ the carrots! ;)

alitorry
04-21-2012, 04:32 PM
Awesome Jenjulia!!!

I hope to follow in your footsteps :)

jenjulia
04-21-2012, 06:30 PM
[QUOTE=alitorry;4303032]Awesome Jenjulia!!!

I hope to follow in your footsteps :)[/QUOTE

You're right there with me!! We can do this!

Puffin55
04-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Congrats Keri and Jenjulia!

Alitory - Every day is a new beginning!

Me? I've been pumped that I've lost 6 pounds over three weeks, but I've only had a 1/2 pound loss over the past week (taking me to 6 pounds). I've been so good with diet too and have been exercising extra. It seems my scale is stuck! However, I can fee my leg muscles more, and my clothes are fitting better, so I'll take that as a good sign that simply isn't showing up on the scale yet. I have to keep reminding myself that it's a long journey that can only be taken one step and one day at a time.

alitorry
04-22-2012, 02:11 PM
thanks Puffin and Jenjulia :) 6 lbs so far is awesome Puffin, YEAH!

I think I got over my hump today. 179.6 !!!

Are Sundays difficult for you guys? Sundays are at my house. my husband is working, it's just me and the boys, we don't have many errands and I don't go to the gym. It's my chores day kind of (laundry, floors etc), but being home and not working out keeps me close to the food and I get worried and I fight the urge :( No, don't say to work out anyway, I feel like my body is now exhausted from Monday thru Sat workouts .. I need today's break ... UGH!

I guess I'll just keep myself busy and drink some coffee (caffeine) ;)

KeriHallman
04-23-2012, 12:35 AM
Hi ladies!! It sounds like everyone is doing GREAT!! I did see 172.5 on the scale Saturday morning but I have been 173 ever since. I don't mind too much I haven't been able to workout as often as I like. I always take friday and Saturday off from working out. Crazy as it seems it helped me getting the scale moving again. So I am pretty happy right now.

I am hoping to do a little better with my diet this week.

esca
04-23-2012, 01:58 AM
Hi ladies, I just re-joined 3FC after a more than a 3 year hiatus. During that time my weight has fluctuated from 165-188 (all time high for me that I hit earlier this year - urgh). It just feels like the lbs. are piling on without any real changes from my lifestyle :?:. Super frustrating.

Anyway, I really enjoyed reading everyone's posts so far. I hope to get the exercise part just started this week. I am also thinking about trying out weight watchers for the first time. Something must be done! I hope to be posting soon with an update on my progress.

Keep up the good work everyone! You guys are inspiring me to get my act together.

jenjulia
04-23-2012, 11:59 AM
I double posted. Whoops!! Sorry, ladies!

Wednesday is my official weigh day and I hope that the 170's is here to stay.

jenjulia
04-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Congrats Keri and Jenjulia!

Alitory - Every day is a new beginning!

Me? I've been pumped that I've lost 6 pounds over three weeks, but I've only had a 1/2 pound loss over the past week (taking me to 6 pounds). I've been so good with diet too and have been exercising extra. It seems my scale is stuck! However, I can fee my leg muscles more, and my clothes are fitting better, so I'll take that as a good sign that simply isn't showing up on the scale yet. I have to keep reminding myself that it's a long journey that can only be taken one step and one day at a time.

Awesome! That's right on target. 1/2-2 lbs a week is good. I've read that if you lose like that consistently you are less likely to gain it back. So great job! Sometimes I have done that. Well, lots of times really. When the clothes fit better, I think you're doing everything right!

thanks Puffin and Jenjulia :) 6 lbs so far is awesome Puffin, YEAH!

I think I got over my hump today. 179.6 !!!

Are Sundays difficult for you guys? Sundays are at my house. my husband is working, it's just me and the boys, we don't have many errands and I don't go to the gym. It's my chores day kind of (laundry, floors etc), but being home and not working out keeps me close to the food and I get worried and I fight the urge :( No, don't say to work out anyway, I feel like my body is now exhausted from Monday thru Sat workouts .. I need today's break ... UGH!

I guess I'll just keep myself busy and drink some coffee (caffeine) ;)

This weekend was hard because we were on the road and stayed at my brother's cabin. Coffee and running curb my appetite for some reason. Not sure why? Did it work for you? The coffee?

Hi ladies!! It sounds like everyone is doing GREAT!! I did see 172.5 on the scale Saturday morning but I have been 173 ever since. I don't mind too much I haven't been able to workout as often as I like. I always take friday and Saturday off from working out. Crazy as it seems it helped me getting the scale moving again. So I am pretty happy right now.I am hoping to do a little better with my diet this week.

I celebrate every little notch down on the scale. It's hard work to get that scale to go down and you will definately be seeing that again! I haven't been exercising as much either. I go in spurts where I exercise most days and then days I don't do much at all.

Hi ladies, I just re-joined 3FC after a more than a 3 year hiatus. During that time my weight has fluctuated from 165-188 (all time high for me that I hit earlier this year - urgh). It just feels like the lbs. are piling on without any real changes from my lifestyle :?:. Super frustrating.

Anyway, I really enjoyed reading everyone's posts so far. I hope to get the exercise part just started this week. I am also thinking about trying out weight watchers for the first time. Something must be done! I hope to be posting soon with an update on my progress.

Keep up the good work everyone! You guys are inspiring me to get my act together.

Welcome back! Good luck finding a program that works for you. I have done weight watchers before and liked it. For me, I had to join a gym and meet with a trainer (this time). I still don't have the eating thing completely figured out but I learned that I really enjoy lifting weights and to watch what I eat. I know that the eating thing is key but it's a struggle that I will probably always deal with.

The scale says 178.2 this morning. I'm in shock but so happy. It's been so long since I've been in the 170's. Now I need some serious motivation to get my house cleaned! :D

Jiggles81
04-23-2012, 03:14 PM
I just need to scream............................................ ...

50 lbs lost!!!

LOL- Can you tell I'm a wee bit excited?!?

alitorry
04-23-2012, 07:30 PM
CONGRATS MANDIE, that's an awesome number :) FIFTY POUNDS LOST, so GREAT! how are you celebrating tonight?

hey Jenjulia, we made it to 178!!! congrats to you! I was 178.6 today.. WOOHOO!

welcome ESCA!!! you're gonna love this group.

Keri, I totally agree with you and the craziness that happens when you don't work out. I did not work out sunday and got a good number today.
and YES, Jenjulia, the coffee helped :)

have a great night guys..

jenjulia
04-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Mandie: WOOHOO!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Alisha: Congrats! It's a great feeling to get into those new numbers!

KeriHallman
04-23-2012, 11:49 PM
OMG Mandie such a great job!!!!!!

Jen and Alisha wtg on your new numbers too!!

I think before long we will be the 150's group :D

I have had a crazy busy week. Last night was spent in the ER with my 6 year old for an allergic reaction. He is ok now. I am also preparing for a craft shoe on Saturday. I feel like I am being pulled in a million directions!

I hope you guys are having a relaxing week!

kateleestar
04-24-2012, 08:24 AM
Good job on the 50 lost! That's a huge motivator.. Keep going! :)

And I'm still hovering in the upper 180's... I started my own version of South Beach yesterday, with a little IF thrown in, lol. Mostly clean eating.. DH is doing it with me too, so thats a plus. I told him to give it a month and see how he feels. It's only a month, why not?! :)

I'm hoping to be at 185 by the end of April.. I can still make that. I'm not sure I'm going to be 175 by 6/1, but I'm going to give it heck! :D

Have a good day ladies!!

Jiggles81
04-24-2012, 10:15 AM
Ugh, I just did this huge post and IE crashed!! Makes me soo mad!!

Long story short - Everyone is doing so awesome!!

jenjulia
04-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Mandie- I'm sorry! I hate it when that happens. Not good.

Kate- just keep doing what you're doing and it will come off.

Keri- I'm glad that your son is better! That would be really scary!

Well, my scale said 175.8 for about two seconds today. Couldn't believe it. So when it went back up to 176.2, I knew that I was right. ;) Pretty happy day! I weigh what I did when my youngest was a couple months old. It's exciting to think that I could get back to my pre-pregnancies weight. :)

kateleestar
04-25-2012, 03:06 PM
I sure hope so Jen! I've been in the upper 180's since the day before Easter and I'm up and down the same 2lbs over and over. I've been COMPLETELY OP the entire time. Always below my cals. Sigh.

:crossed:

jenjulia
04-26-2012, 02:15 AM
I sure hope so Jen! I've been in the upper 180's since the day before Easter and I'm up and down the same 2lbs over and over. I've been COMPLETELY OP the entire time. Always below my cals. Sigh.

Well, I'm pretty sure that it's water weight and at least two of the four pounds are coming back on in a day or two if it makes you feel better? Hopefully!

Maybe you're eating too little? Or you need to change up your exercise a little bit? Try something new or try to do more intensity? Sometimes that works. I cut the calories back a little bit and the first two weeks I didn't drop a lot of weight but then all of a sudden it seems like the weight is coming off. I read in a book by Oprah's trainer or former trainer that sometimes your body has wooshes after being more consistent for a couple weeks. So maybe that's it? Just try something new. Maybe eat a little more, add a little more intensity, that sort of thing?Hopefully that helps!!

KeriHallman
04-26-2012, 02:37 AM
Jen WTG!! The pounds are just flying off you!! I know how you feel with the pre pregnancy weight. I was 149 while breast feeding my second and that would be AMAZING!! I am sure you will be at your goal in no time!!

Kateleestar I know just what your going through!!! It took over 2 weeks to lose one pound and I was going crazy. So I upped my calories and was working out less and that did the trick. It is hard for me to get that through my brain that it really worked lol.

Big news for me!!! I have been between 172-173 this week. The big news is I started my period. The only reason this is good is because I normally lose a couple pounds right after!! I love feeling skinny after my period is gone. Oh and I was at a meeting the other day and was sitting wearing low rise pants and a empire waist shirt. Normally I would have a tummy roll that is not attractive. This time no roll only shirt!!!!! I have lost 6 inches around my waist and I couldn't be happier!

I hope the rest of you ladies are kicking butt and taking names!

wannaBfitnessbuff
04-26-2012, 04:11 PM
I havent been checking in here. And yes it is because I havent been sticking on plan. I have even been avoiding the scale the last week or so.....

So not much to say but I haven't planned on sending the horse down the road without me. I will get this going and I will see my goal.

Today I am good on the calories and have dinner all planned out. So I need to stay on the plan eat what I have already accounted for and make this day one (again) towards success.

Shoudl have been checking in here better. You ladies are really an inspiration in your success!

Puffin55
04-29-2012, 02:30 PM
Not a good weight loss week for me. I think it's hormonal and has to do with my cycle. I've been pretty good and have been exercising. Yesterday, my husband and I climbed a small mountain and then went for a long walk by a lake afterwards. So, the scale is 185.5 today when last Sunday it said 184. Probably something I just have to wait out and keep trying every day. Patience.

alitorry
04-29-2012, 06:02 PM
Puffin, I've so been there .. Patience is necessary in this game of weight loss. At least you should be seeing the results elsewhere, inches perhaps ?
or generally just more healthy feeling. I'm sure you're loving how your body feels right now, anyhow. :)

Puffin55
04-30-2012, 12:30 PM
Alitorry, I was telling my husband that I loved the way the hike made my legs feel -- like they were really working. That DID feel good. I do have the challenge of hormone problems though. Have for many years. My cycles are too short to begin with. Been through lots of treatment for it. Taking a break from all that at the moment.

kateleestar
05-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Kateleestar I know just what your going through!!! It took over 2 weeks to lose one pound and I was going crazy. So I upped my calories and was working out less and that did the trick. It is hard for me to get that through my brain that it really worked lol.

I'm down a pound overnight! LOL. And, tmi, with no twosies this morning before weigh in, LOL. :lol: So, thats good. Things are moving again... and its weird, I like, so don't want to think that its really moving again, because I've been working SO HARD lately. Who would have thought the end would be SO MUCH HARDER than the start. BOO HISS to that, lol.

I'd like to be in the 170's by June, so I'm still on track for my "goal" of 165 by vacay. After that I'm going to work on more lifting and toning, and being the healthiest me I can be. :crossed:

WE GOT THIS! Keep going everyone!!

Puffin55
05-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Awesome, kateleestar!!!!! You go girl!!!

kateleestar
05-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Awesome, kateleestar!!!!! You go girl!!!

Thanks Puffin! :D

alitorry
05-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Kate, awesome! I love your term 'twosies' :) got to love those drops with no 'twosies'.. haha!

kateleestar
05-02-2012, 09:49 AM
LOL.. thanks. I think I got it from like, Scrubs.. It's much more friendly than saying.. other things. :lol:

And today, due to water weight, I'm bounced up to 188 AGAIN.. I swear to all that is good and holy that I never want to see 188 again. Of course, its better than 279, so I'll take it! LOL. These last 10lbs to my "100 lost" are INSANITY. Sigh, lol.

Gotta keep going. Have a good day 180's ladies! :D

jenjulia
05-02-2012, 11:16 AM
LOL.. thanks. I think I got it from like, Scrubs.. It's much more friendly than saying.. other things. :lol:

And today, due to water weight, I'm bounced up to 188 AGAIN.. I swear to all that is good and holy that I never want to see 188 again. Of course, its better than 279, so I'll take it! LOL. These last 10lbs to my "100 lost" are INSANITY. Sigh, lol.

Gotta keep going. Have a good day 180's ladies! :D

92 lbs is AMAZING! I wish that I could be as dedicated as you have been! Are you still doing the South Beach (I think that's what you said you were doing a couple weeks ago?).

Well, I haven't lost any additional weight this week. But that's good! I kind of had a woosh last week and I'm just glad that I haven't gained it back!

Haven't wanted to go to the gym. I had a really tough couple weeks and the last couple times I went to work out with the trainer I've been working with, I just sort of wanted to crawl into a hole. :( She's really good at what she does but I can't keep my mouth SHUT when I'm working out. I leave embarrassed and then don't want to go back. I cancelled last minute Monday and almost did today. I hear you all with the hormonal stuff. I thought that dropping the weight would help me have more confidence and be less hormonal- which it did for a while but ugghhh...Anyhow...sorry for the vent. Other than the weight loss, I'm really wishing I could do April over again! ;)

jenjulia
05-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Puffin- Patience is supposed to be a virtue but when you want something so bad, it feel like torture! Stick with it though, you can do- we know you can and you know you can! :D

Keri- Thanks! I haven't had much of an appetite the last couple weeks, so I think that's playing into it. I don't know why upping calories and working out less does the trick but I think someone (trainer last fall) said something like your body might need a rest and when you come back from a rest your body will start reacting again like a newbie to exercise and diet. I don't know if that's true or not but it does seem to work. I tend to lose weight right before TOM (I pee like crazy ;)) and then weight goes back to normal after period. Skinny feeling is AWESOME! I love it! Seriously! Those NSV's are so much fun! 6" is a lot of inches! WTG!!!!!!

Wanna B- Don't beat yourself up. Seriously! I'm guessing that most people on this site have a hard time sticking to whatever plan that they are on but I like your attitude- you are really determined and that's awesome! Send some over here! Gonna be honest with you here... I had Pizza Hut for lunch. Thin crust, veggie. Three slices. I wish that I could be that person who eats a grilled chicken breast and broccoli with just a little bit of potato for lunch but I think I'm recognizing that's not realistic for me for every meal. Instead of beating myself up for that everyday, I'm going to try to do the best I can. Not saying you're beating yourself up...it's just I know that's what I tend to do sometimes!

Went to the gym and came back with a weight of 174.8. UNDER 175. Granted, it was water weight but it was crazy that I am getting so much closer to my goal.

kateleestar
05-03-2012, 08:50 AM
92 lbs is AMAZING! I wish that I could be as dedicated as you have been! Are you still doing the South Beach (I think that's what you said you were doing a couple weeks ago?).

Yeah... I was a calorie counter for 90lbs of it, though, so I wouldnt give SB my success ribbon or anything, lol. I'm trying to get the DH to eat cleaner and giving a 'program' a 'name' helps him to understand things.. like if its just calorie counting, he freaks out, because theres too much freedom. So this is helping him so far. I just wish it was helping me more, lol.

And don't worry about April, Jen! It is OVER and it is not worth worrying about. The past is the past and you can't change it... and besides, I'm sure your trainer has heard it ALL. I'm sure people unload more than just weight to her, know what I mean? People like that are like bartenders - the counselor of the booze world! lol.

Keep going everyone. WE can do this!!

Puffin55
05-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Back down to 184 for the last three mornings! Woohoo!

kateleestar
05-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Down again today to 187.4.. I'd really like to be closer to 185, lol. One day. Gotta keep going.

Have an ON PLAN and GREAT weekend, 180's! :D

TexaninItaly
05-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Hi Everyone! I'm new to the 180's and very glad to be here. I weighed in at 189.8 this morning. I was stuck in the 190's for what seemed like ever. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. I am glad I found this group because not only are you positive, you are loosing weight.

kateleestar
05-07-2012, 09:38 AM
Welcome Angela!!

As for me, if I never see 187 again, I'd be happy. :/

LOL.

Puffin55
05-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Welcome from me too!

TexaninItaly
05-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Wow, Kate, only 8 more pounds until you've lost 100! That's awesome. I hope I can stay that motivated. I was looking at your cupcake blog, if that's yours. It was linked to your profile. How do you bake cupcakes and continue this weight loss successfully?

TexaninItaly
05-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Welcome from me too!

Thanks, Puffin. :hug:

TexaninItaly
05-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Yay! I finally have enough posts to set my cute little ticker and add my mini goals. :)

kateleestar
05-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Wow, Kate, only 8 more pounds until you've lost 100! That's awesome. I hope I can stay that motivated. I was looking at your cupcake blog, if that's yours. It was linked to your profile. How do you bake cupcakes and continue this weight loss successfully?

It is mine! Lol. I like the act of baking, but not the end result.. like, I might have a bite of one cupcake, if it's a new flavor and I need to try... but in general, I'm not a sweets person. There are cupcakes on my counter now, and DH and I haven't even touched them. I'll likely end up throwing them out like I usually do! I didn't get fat on cake, I got fat on french fries with ranch dressing, and fast food, :lol:... And that reminds me, I need to update that puppy!! :)

And yes, 8lbs. The hardest 8lbs EVER!! Sheesh, lol.

kateleestar
05-09-2012, 08:59 AM
186!! :carrot: Finally. :lol:

TexaninItaly
05-09-2012, 11:40 AM
So how do you get that little dancing carrot. I saw posts that had those for every 5 or 10 pounds lost.

kateleestar
05-09-2012, 01:17 PM
So how do you get that little dancing carrot. I saw posts that had those for every 5 or 10 pounds lost.

If you type a : and then the word carrot and then another : youll get him, but it needs to be all together, no spaces. Or you can click on him in the "smiles" area. :D

TexaninItaly
05-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Thanks, Kate. :carrot:

TexaninItaly
05-10-2012, 05:24 AM
Yay! 187.2 today. :-) I hope to be at my first mini goal, 10%, soon.

kateleestar
05-10-2012, 08:45 AM
186.6 today. I surprisingly dropped another 2 ounces, even at the start of my once-every-4-months-TOM (thanks to BCP..) ... And I gotta say, a little surprised, lol... But I'll take it! :)

TexaninItaly
05-11-2012, 06:11 AM
186.6 today. I surprisingly dropped another 2 ounces, even at the start of my once-every-4-months-TOM (thanks to BCP..) ... And I gotta say, a little surprised, lol... But I'll take it! :)

Kate, don't shun 2 ounces. That's half a stick of butter melted off your bum! :hug:

As for me, I am exactly 187 today. I'm going to Paris next month to take my daughter to Disneyland for her birthday and I'd really like to to reach my 15% mini goal (173 lbs) by the trip. I'm working extra hard and not getting off this plan for even a second, so hopefully I can get 14 pounds off by then. That's 3 pounds a week. Wish me luck! :^:

KeriHallman
05-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Hi ladies!!! I know I have been MIA. I have been packing we are going to be moving very very soon! I have also had the worse attack of canker sore in my mouth ever!!! My Dr said it was called a complex break out. I had about 15 of those suckers. I couldn't eat anything but very soft foods and liquids and I couldn't talk. His thoughts were that stress brought it on :( But good news they are much much better and I have lost more weight!!!!!
I also got found out that I lose weight in one of the weirdest places first. I have gone down to a 34C from a 36C-D. I had no idea my number would already change?? I was prepared for the cup size though and was more than ok with that!
I am going to go back and catch up on some of the post. I hope you ladies are doing GREAT!!!!!!

TexaninItaly
05-12-2012, 06:01 AM
Hi, Keri. I'm glad you are back and feeling better. Last August I moved from Houston to Milan, Italy and it was so stressful. I'm not looking forward to having to do it again. But I bet you will lose more weight from moving heavy furniture and boxes!

I'm at 186.6 today. Everyone have a great weekend and stay on plan!

alitorry
05-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Hey guys,

great losses! and busting through plateaus :) WTG!
and welcome Angela!

I gained over cinco de mayo, then did a juice fast. Took off the xtra and then some :) YAY! and now I am .... officially overweight and no longer obese.
that really sounds so crazy, really..

I'm 172 ..

hope you girls have a fabulous and ON PLAN weekend :)

KeriHallman
05-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Alisha welcome to being over weight!!! Our numbers are soo close! I have only been losing about 5 pounds a month so you will be smoking me in no time!!!!

alitorry
05-13-2012, 02:18 PM
Thanks, Keri!! and happy mothers day to all !!

Yeah, I don't think I'll be smoking you, I feel like I'm struggling lately. I'm hoping for a solid 5 lbs a month now, I just hope I can keep up with you :)

I can't believe our 'normal bmi' weight is so close, yet so far away.. haha!

kateleestar
05-14-2012, 11:03 AM
WOAH, holy TOM batman. LOL. But, I'm only "up" to 188 even, and I'm on the downswing of my time.. so, hopefully the water will come off in the next few days. I'd really like to see 185 by the end of this week. My 2nd 1/2's of the 'decades' always go faster than the top 1/2's... And I always seem to be in TOM in the top 1/2. Weirdo body.

TexaninItaly
05-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Kate, I bet you will be 185 as soon as your TOM is over because you were 186 before the water weight started.

I hope to meet my mini goal of 183 soon. I made my husband buy me a prize for that because I like prizes. I also bought myself an arm band for my iphone because I deserve another prize since I didn't go off plan on Mother's Day or eat a muffin during Muffins with Mom at my daughter's school today.

kateleestar
05-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Good news, LOL, I'm peeing a ton! ;) Thanks Angela! :lol:

TexaninItaly
05-15-2012, 09:03 AM
Kate, you are so funny. I'm so glad you are peeing a ton!

I'm at 185.2 today.

kateleestar
05-15-2012, 09:07 AM
I'm same as yesterday, but I feel less bloaty... I was also up way too late last night. Boo. Lol. I do feel much better, though... good enough to run again tonight! Week 5 Day 3 of C25K here I come! :lol:

KeriHallman
05-15-2012, 07:54 PM
I have some big news I screamed last night!! I saw 169.5 on the scale late last night :) I am over the moon. one small issue is that everyone in my house has Strep throat but bring it on if I get into the 160's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TexaninItaly
05-16-2012, 05:20 AM
Yay for Keri!!!! All your hard work is paying off. You left 180's and 170's in your rearview mirrow!

I'm 184.2 today. 1.2 lbs to get to my 10% mini goal.

kateleestar
05-16-2012, 09:12 AM
YEY KERI!! Thats so awesome. So happy for you!! :carrot:

And good job, Angela! 10% is amazin'!!

As for me, still riding the longest-ever-tom train.. I did feel good enough last night to do W5D3 of C25K, and I totally ran 9 mins straight. I've gotten to the point that the running isnt the problem, as I can pass the "talk test" or whatever they call it, its my ADHD! I'm like 'running... la la.. running... oh! i need to go do... running... OMG! Golden Girls is on!! running...' I'm so distracted. LOL. It's in my head, and its all mental, but I was SO proud of myself last night. SO PROUD. I'm so awesome, :lol:...

I'm hoping once TOM does decide to leave (:crossed: that it happens today!) that I'll have a woosh. Hopefully a woosh to 185, LOL.

TexaninItaly
05-17-2012, 06:30 AM
I made it to my mini goal of 10%. I'm at 183.4 today!
Now let's see how long it takes to get to my next mini goal of 15% which is 173.

kateleestar
05-17-2012, 08:16 AM
Good job, Angela!! As for me, I'm down a little today. I think TOM is wrapping up.. I hope!! :lol: Sheesh.

WI this morning was back down to my 186ness, so hopefully 185 is just around the corner. :crossed: Gotta keep going!

TexaninItaly
05-18-2012, 08:00 AM
Kate, I bet you will be 184 or 185 after your TOM wraps up.

I wish I was better at cooking fish (more flavorful) because I noticed last week that everytime I ate fish, I would lose about a whole pound that day. My Italian friend took me shopping at the local fishmonger and introduced me to Orata (Sea Bream). I've never had it before because it is a mediterranean fish, but is was pretty delicious.

I am at exactly 183.0 today.

kateleestar
05-18-2012, 08:28 AM
Tom is still like, one drop here and there, but I was down to 186.2 this morning and after no twosies, so I'm hoping (and praying, lol) that itll be 185 tomorrow morning. That'd be epic!

I'm also running a lot... Like I'm doing C25K and I did the week of the 9 min run, and then the next week jumps to 20! :lol: No thank you, so I decided to do that 9 min run, and then yesterday I ran 11 mins straight and tonight I'm going to up it to 13. I'll add 2 mins a day as long as it's not stressing me out, lol, until I get to the 20 and then I'll keep going. :D

Have a great ON PLAN weekend ladies!!!

TexaninItaly
05-19-2012, 05:55 PM
I've been stuck at 183 for three days now. I'm wondering if I'll ever see 182.... :(

TexaninItaly
05-21-2012, 05:44 AM
I'm on my 5th day of being stuck at 183.2! At this rate, I'm not going to make my next mini goal of 173 by June 14. :?:

kateleestar
05-21-2012, 10:06 AM
186 even on saturday, which is fine. Of course, we ate dinner at like, 9 on saturday so I was up on sunday... which is also fine. Whatevs, lol....

I have to say though, that I think I've discovered something about ME. Like, I'm at 186.whatever today... I'm 5'7" and pretty much a curvy apple shape. I'm wearing a very comfy size 10 american eagle jeans, and my shirt is a large, so is my hoodie. I've been noticing that other people who are in the 180's do not wear a size 10. Is it me? Is it just how I'm shaped? My DH (who is up to date on my loss) asked me what I was down to on Saturday and I told him 186, and he insisted that I don't look like I weigh that... comparing me to others that weigh similar weights and look larger. This 'theory' was already in my head, so his question only added fuel to my fire to think that it's not just "me".... I'm confused. I need to google around, lol. Look at that height/weight/shape size site and figure this out. Hhm.

Thoughts? :lol:

:D

TexaninItaly
05-21-2012, 10:23 AM
I have to say though, that I think I've discovered something about ME. Like, I'm at 186.whatever today... I'm 5'7" and pretty much a curvy apple shape. I'm wearing a very comfy size 10 american eagle jeans, and my shirt is a large, so is my hoodie. I've been noticing that other people who are in the 180's do not wear a size 10. Is it me? Is it just how I'm shaped? My DH (who is up to date on my loss) asked me what I was down to on Saturday and I told him 186, and he insisted that I don't look like I weigh that... comparing me to others that weigh similar weights and look larger. This 'theory' was already in my head, so his question only added fuel to my fire to think that it's not just "me".... I'm confused. I need to google around, lol. Look at that height/weight/shape size site and figure this out. Hhm.

Thoughts? :lol:

Hi, Kate. I weigh 183, but there is no way I'd fit in a size 10. You are lucky! My pants are still size 18. :( That's the same size I wore 20 pounds ago, but they were very tight then, now they are a tiny bit loose, but pretty much fits just right. My body is weird though. I have skinny arms and legs but my torso resembles a big apple.. Maybe a candy apple on a stick. :o The last time I wore size 10 pants was when I weighed 132 pounds. At 150, I wore a size 12. Anyway, you are lucky because you are taller too. I'm 5'2" so the weight looks like it's a lot more on me. This just means you are close to your goal weight and you deserve it. You've worked very hard. I've just started dieting and excercising about a month and a half ago. Keep up the good work because you motivate me.

kateleestar
05-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Hi, Kate. I weigh 183, but there is no way I'd fit in a size 10. You are lucky! My pants are still size 18. :( That's the same size I wore 20 pounds ago, but they were very tight then, now they are a tiny bit loose, but pretty much fits just right. My body is weird though. I have skinny arms and legs but my torso resembles a big apple.. Maybe a candy apple on a stick. :o The last time I wore size 10 pants was when I weighed 132 pounds. At 150, I wore a size 12. Anyway, you are lucky because you are taller too. I'm 5'2" so the weight looks like it's a lot more on me. This just means you are close to your goal weight and you deserve it. You've worked very hard. I've just started dieting and excercising about a month and a half ago. Keep up the good work because you motivate me.

Well, thank you for that! :) But.. I think I'm weird too. It's not like I'm big boned, or anything. I wear a 6in bracelet and a size (this is new, lol) 5 ring. WEIRDNESS.

Here's a little pic I put together. It's the only pic I have of myself at my or near my high weight. I wasn't weighing myself then, and I only know I was at 279 because of a obgyn appt like a month before this... I hadn't really changed anything yet either, so I'm guessing 275+ is a good guess. And the second pic is about a month/month and a 1/2 ago.

Thoughts, again? :lol:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/kateleestar/hightocurrent.jpg

I'm down about 4lbs from this pic, and I've dropped into size 10 pants... Other than that, pretty much the same.

Thanks ladies!

TexaninItaly
05-21-2012, 02:34 PM
You are so cute!

I've been keeping photo progress photos and video progress photos. I'll post the photos.

The first pic I was 201 lbs on Jan 31.
The second was 189 lbs taken May 9.
The last pic was 183 taken this morning, May 21.

I put on the same clothes in each picture so I can see if there is progress.

KeriHallman
05-21-2012, 05:11 PM
You ladies are looking GREAT!!!

kateleestar you are sooo lucky with your sizing!!! I would kill to be in a size 10!!! I am at 169 and my 12 pants are very comfy. I have to be under 150 to get into a 10.

I did have a good thing happen this weekend. I had my first person come up to me at church and ask if I had lost weight!!!! I said yes I sure have! I am almost half way to my goal and it finally feels like I can do it!!!

alitorry
05-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Wow, Kate, you look good! I love your arms. My arms are still big :(

Hello all!

I made it out of 170s!! Keri, May I join you?? :)
168.8 today..

Okay, I know this has probably been posted a billion times, but we're having a party saturday. In the past, I have found it impossible to stay on plan. What the heck do I do? Just alot for the cheat? Hopefully, you girls have good ideas. I'm leaving end of month for river trip (bathing suit and all, yikes).. must .. stay .. on .. plan ...

Thanks guys :)

kateleestar
05-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Wow, Kate, you look good! I love your arms. My arms are still big :(

Thanks! My arms were like, 17 inches around and I'm down to about 12 I think.. :) My kettlebell has helped loads.

Okay, I know this has probably been posted a billion times, but we're having a party saturday. In the past, I have found it impossible to stay on plan. What the heck do I do? Just alot for the cheat? Hopefully, you girls have good ideas. I'm leaving end of month for river trip (bathing suit and all, yikes).. must .. stay .. on .. plan ...

Thanks guys :)

When I have had parties in the past, I've upped my cals, but I only make food from skinnytaste.com... I know I'll be up, but most of the dips/apps are on plan and lower in cals and healthier, and real food. She has a whole section on the site for appetizers and dips and all that. Good luck, and plan plan plan!! :D

kateleestar you are sooo lucky with your sizing!!! I would kill to be in a size 10!!! I am at 169 and my 12 pants are very comfy. I have to be under 150 to get into a 10.

Thanks! And I hope to be out of the 180's soon, and my goal size is an 8. Which, at the start was NUTS but now seems doable! :D

You are so cute!

Thanks lady!! :D

era28
05-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Woo Hoo! I'm sure most of you can't wait to be out of the 180's, I am very excited to be here! I weighed myself today on my scale (which is always about 5lbs heavier than any normal scale, but I use the number anyway) and it said 187!! ( So maybe really I'm closer to 184, because my scale weighs heavy). I have not seen my scale under 190 for the longest time, since I was pregnant with my son :)
Point is that I am definitely in the 180's now! :) Yea!
Now to get out of the 180's....

TexaninItaly
05-23-2012, 05:11 AM
Yay! 181.6 today. Maybe I'll be in the 170's by next Monday.

Hi Era, welcome to the 180's and I'm looking forward to cruising into the 170's with you soon!

Keri, doesn't it feel good when people start to notice you've lost weight? Funny story, when I have lost weight in the past, people asked me if I got a boob reduction, lol.

kateleestar
05-23-2012, 04:04 PM
I would love it if I was finally 185 tomorrow... LOL. At least I know I'm good at maintaining! PLEASE BODY can I have that post-TOM woosh? PLEASE! :lol:

TexaninItaly
05-24-2012, 05:15 AM
Yay! I'm at 180.8 today. I've been avoiding baking since I started dieting last month, but I'm going to have to make brownies today. There is an international night at my daughters school and I have to make something for the American table... so wish me luck with that. I wish I could make non scent brownies so I wouldn't have to smell them as they bake.

kateleestar
05-24-2012, 08:44 AM
Well, I've done it. I've lowered my calories. LOL. I had to. It'll be okay. I'm going to try 1300. Today will be day 3. Tuesday I was STARVING lol, but yesterday it was okay.. Today, of course its only 7:40am, I'm okay too. I have all my meals planned out for today, and tomorrow. Saturday scares me a bit - we have a grad party and a birthday party. Sunday is whatever, but then Monday is Memorial Day, so.. eek. I do have a 5K that morning, so I might shoot for 1500 that day, but I'll go right back down on Tuesday.

Wish me luck! LOL.

I'm taking pasta salad to the grad party, but I won't have any. It's for my DH's bff's daughter, from HS, and I'm making it as cheap as possible as I need to feed at least 120, lol. So, right. No whole-grain-with-major-veggies for those kids! LOL. Hopefully there will be salad or something.. if not, I'll drink a cherry coke zero and make my own at home. I also have to bake 100ish hot pink velvet cupcakes with cream cheese buttercream.. with hot pink glitter, in zebra papers, LOL. So girly.

Anyways, less worried about the birthday party. In that circle, its totally okay to just sit around the bonfire and drink your beverage, even if its water.. and I know they will have better foods. And won't think I'm weird bringing my own hot dogs/buns, lol.

Sigh. Long weekend, here I come!

katy161
05-24-2012, 03:10 PM
and am not really loving it.

I've always been a 160s girl, but opened a business that has consumed everything, so here I sit. :/

My motivation seems gone. GONE.

Hoping hanging around here will help me find it. :)

KeriHallman
05-27-2012, 12:40 PM
Sooo this morning I was 168 and I will take that! My sister has been here and I have be awful I had no idea I would be down another pound. Truly I was bracing for a gain. It also looks like we have all been baking!! I made my sister red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing from scratch. Only thing that saved me was I don't like them.

Katy161 welcome to our group!!! You will love it here!!!!

Well I am still in a huge mess of moving so I am off to pack some more!

TexaninItaly
05-29-2012, 05:32 AM
Yay! I'm officially out of the 180's! I was so happy to see 179.4 on the scale today! :celebrate:

It took me 22 days to get through the 180's. It would be nice if I could get through the 170's that fast. I realize weight loss slows down as you start losing weight and I'm still at the beginning of the journey, but I can work out a lot harder than I used to. A few months ago, I couldn't jog if my life depended on it, but lately I've been jogging for 20 minutes a day. I know that's not long but it's better than what I was doing. I'm going to try to work up to 30 minutes a day in the next few weeks. I'm also combining that with riding the bike for 75 minutes and walking a little too to total 2 hours a day.

kateleestar
05-29-2012, 07:24 AM
FINALLY 185 ON SATURDAY. And then again on Sunday, and again today, although I weighed in an hour and a 1/2 earlier because I had to be at work early, so... I'm hoping to see 184 tomorrow. :D

kateleestar
05-30-2012, 08:41 AM
184.2! :carrot:

I wonder why the 2nd halves of weight decades are easier for me. I don't know. So weird. :D

TexaninItaly
05-31-2012, 06:17 AM
Kate, congrats on getting below 185! Now you will have a whoosh into the 170's!

I'm finishing May at 178.6! :goodscale

Puffin55
06-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Hi all! Been SOOO busy the last weeks. We thought we might be moving! We almost bought a house last week (that would need major renovation), I've been looking for a new place to relocate my home business, we're taking care of an elderly family member with Alzheimer's, heart and lately dental issues, and I haven't been able to chew on one side myself for weeks (have dental appointment today). My weight loss efforts have stopped cold. Actually lots of stuff has stopped. Like making healthy dinners every night. It's purely a time thing. I think things are calming down now. Phew!!! It's been like a blitz of planning and activity on top of our usual work! Jeanne

Puffin55
06-01-2012, 01:13 PM
I am so afraid to step on the scale tomorrow morning. I know it will be up since it is the TOM, but my exercise has been little to nonexistent and between time issues, stress, and tooth pain, I've definitely made some poor dietary choices. Ugh.

kateleestar
06-01-2012, 01:37 PM
It'll be fine! Just get back on your plan, and keep going, Puff. :) Glad things are calming down for ya! They say when it rains it pours, lol, so maybe it'll be all back to normal soon enough. :D

era28
06-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Puffin55- I know how you feel. I dread stepping on the scale every single time, even if I am dieting. If I lose weight I feel like I have to weigh myself like 4 times that day to see if it changes. Scales are depressing. What I try to do is if I screw up wait a couple days to weigh myself again after I have been dieting.

KeriHallman
06-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Well working out is over for me at least for the next 8 weeks :( I have been moving and yesterday my last day moving a stepped off my patio and broke my ankle. So I hae laid up with some percocet. I have an appt Tuesday and hopefully I can get a walking cast. I might still be able to keep my weight down because it is a pia to get to the kitchen to eat lol.

era28
06-02-2012, 12:10 PM
So Sorry KerriHallman, breaking you ancle sucks! Hopefully it wont set you back too much.

My Weight has been fluctuating so much, its driving me nuts. Today my scale said 185, yesterday it was 187 and then 189 and then 187. last week I weighed myself on my grandma's scale and it said 181. I'm all over the place. I want the weight to stay off, its frustrating because one day I'm down and one day I'm up.

It's so hard to resist temptation when the scale has a lower number on it. Like I am fighting not to "reward" myself with more food. Does anyone else have issues with fighting the urge to 'reward' yourself with going off your diet for a day?

The good news is my size 12 jean shorts that did not even button before are on right now! So I know something is working.

Puffin55
06-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Keri!!!! So sorry you broke your ankle! Ugh. I know it's so hard when you lose the ability to exercise!!!! You will heal. Try to keep positive thoughts. About 10 years ago, I was losing a lot of weight. Actually, I successfully lost 111 1/2 pounds over three years. Yes, really. (Went from 250 pounds to 138.5) Seriously. I have the pictures. But I was starving myself, and that's not something I can maintain within any normal lifestyle. But I also struggle with a chronic knee injury. I lost the first 50 pounds mainly through exercise as I struggled to make positive life changes. Then I injured my knee again. Oddly enough, only when I couldn't depend upon exercise did I really start losing weight. I had to face my diet, and I did it. I lost slowly, about a pound a week, but I lost that weight. I exercised when I could. It can be done. I am proof.

I gained weight when I met my husband and when we got married. I gained just a little each year. I know how to lose weight as a single gal. I haven't made the adjustment to losing and maintaining weight as a married woman. It's just different now. Plus, I know now that I was starving my body of necessary nutrients. I'm just not willing to do that to my body anymore. I have health issues. (Don't we all?) We need our nutrients.

So, did I weigh in today? Nope. Forgot. I did find a new rental space for my home business though. Just signed a lease a few hours ago. Our livelihood is saved!!!!!! Phew!!!!! Now I can relax a bit. These last few weeks have been tough! I am the main breadwinner at the moment. My husband is a hard worker and wonderful man, but one of the prices of caring for an elderly family member (his father -- 93 with serious Alzheimer's dementia, heart trouble and basically needing help with all activities of daily life) is that he doesn't have time to have a full time job!

Era28, do I feel like I can relax and reward myself for good weight loss? Yes. Does it make sense? No. Aye, aye, aye! What are we going to do with ourselves????

Jeanne

jojoland
06-03-2012, 12:06 PM
And you ladies are wonderful!:D You're all so nice and doing such a great job! Thought I'd pop in and introduce myself, because I expect to be in the 180's next week.

Keri, I'm so sorry about your ankle- major bummer.:( Rest up and be kind to yourself and you'll be good as new in no time.

Puffin55
06-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Welcome jojoland!!

So, I had the courage to weigh in this morning, feeling so fat, like I've been so bad with eating. I was not prepared for what I saw. 184!!!!! I didn't gain a thing!!!! How is this possible???? Yeahhhhh!

:broc:

jojoland
06-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Thanks, Puffin. That's great news you got there!:)

I am doing my best to be very reasonable and sensible with my weight loss, because I want to make a lasting change. So I told myself that I would only weigh myself once a week because I don't want to let The Number determine how I feel about my progress. However...I am also kind of crazy, so in an effort to work my crazy into the plan, I also told myself that I could weigh both Saturday and Sunday, and take whichever number I wanted (if they were different.) And I'm so happy I did, because it was 189 this afternoon!:carrot:
I'm in the club!

era28
06-04-2012, 11:52 AM
That's a great idea Jojoland. I think I may start only weighing myself once or twice a week too. Otherwise I just get obsessed or frustrated with the number.

kateleestar
06-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Yey Jojo!

I'm too nuts to only weigh myself once a week.. I'm a daily weigher after only weighing myself once a week for the first 9 months of my change.. I like weighing daily because I now know exactly what I eat/do to make my body show the next day on the scale. It also helped me to not care nearly as much about the number... because its just that, a number. :)

TexaninItaly
06-05-2012, 06:06 AM
Keri, so sorry to hear about your ankle. That really sucks. :(

I'm at 177.2 today. Hopefully I can be at my next mini goal soon. I'm 4.2 away from it. My husband bought me an elliptical this weekend, so maybe that will help me get the weight off faster.

kateleestar
06-05-2012, 08:30 AM
I love my elliptical, Angela. Sometimes I don't realize I've been on it so long, lol... just pumping away at it and then I look down and I'll have watched an entire 1/2 hour of TV and have been going the whole time. It's nice!! Hope you have fun on it!

And I'm at a new low, on TOM too! 183.6 today! :D

TexaninItaly
06-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Hi everyone! I was 177 when I woke up. I then ate breakfast and was out all day at my daughter's school. I didn't eat lunch until I got home at 4:00. I weighed again and was down to 176.8 and my TOM started today so I'm feeling postitive that a whooosh may be coming at the end of the week.

kateleestar
06-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Yey!! I hope you get a woosh!

I'm down to a new low of 182.4 this morning, so thats totally okay.. I always lose fast at the 2nd 1/2 of the 'decade' and take forever for the top 1/2, but.. whatevs! :) Keep going, I must.

If I see the 170's this month I'll PASS OUT! :lol:

jojoland
06-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Wtg, Angela and Kate!:carrot: Here's to whooshes for all!

Angela, what a great gift from your husband! I don't have my own, but I love the elliptical at the gym! My knees are weak, so it's great- you get the same kind of workout as jogging, but without the stress to the joints. Each one has it's own little tv, but I turn on my cardio hip hop mix, and before I know it, I'm done!

kateleestar
06-07-2012, 12:06 PM
I was at 182.2 this morning... Hoping to see 181.something tomorrow! :)

I plan to stick around here even when I'm in the 170's, lol.

kateleestar
06-08-2012, 08:59 AM
181.8 today! WOOT!!

So crazy, lol. :D

Puffin55
06-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Go Angela! Go Kate! Awesome!

jojoland
06-10-2012, 01:26 AM
Way to go, Angela and Kate! Glad to hear you're sticking around even after you leave this decade behind. Angela, how do you like the elliptical?

I was at 188 this afternoon- woo hoo! Slowly but surely, this is really happening.:)

Puffin55
06-10-2012, 12:24 PM
OK. I'm still in the middle of 2 tough weeks. This next week will be tough too -- all good stuff, but lots of work and lots of changes going on. After that, things will calm down for me. I haven't been weighing everyday, and while I've tried to be reasonable, some days I didn't even think about weight. I weighed today and since last week ....... I have lost 1/2 a pound! That's a new low for me in this effort since I've been here!! Down to 183.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alegria25
06-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Hi! I'm new here. I'm 189.8, so I guess this is the right place. :) Reading about everyone's successes is so inspiring!

kateleestar
06-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Welcome Alegria!! :)

It's monday, so I'm up a little from my calorie cycling on the weekends, but its just water weight and I'm peeing up a storm today, so I'm hoping I'll see 181.something again tomorrow. 182.2 isnt awful, lol. :D

Alegria25
06-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Thanks, Kateleestar!

Alegria25
06-12-2012, 09:38 AM
Well, it was raining this morning, so the dogs and I didn't go for our mile walk. It's hard enough to get them to the door when it's raining. (Hmmm, carrying them a mile --20 lbs under each arm -- would have been good resistance training. I'll remember that for next time.) But a friend showed me her new elliptical last night. It was kinda fun. I felt like a gazelle. I'll make up that mile tonight on the elliptical in my building's gym tonight now that I know how to make it work.

kateleestar
06-12-2012, 10:18 AM
I love my elliptical, Alegria. It's like I'm not really working, and then all of the sudden I'm all sweaty and like thinking 'why are my legs so burny..' LOL. I love it. I'm in this rotation I make myself do daily where I run on my treadmill till I hit 100 cals 'burned' (because, its not accurate, lol) and then I'll do my elliptical till I hit 100 'burned'... Its burning things off, thats for sure, because I sweat! And its only adding about 30 mins to my workout so it's worth it! :D

181.6 today!! :D

Alegria25
06-12-2012, 04:12 PM
Congrats on the 181.6! That sounds like a great workout between the treadmill and elliptical. I'm looking forward to playing on the elliptical tonight. If something seems more like play than work, I'm more likely to stick with it. I'm also going to pick up a set of kettlebells tonight. They look like a lot of fun, and they're something I can do outside under our crepe myrtles.

TexaninItaly
06-13-2012, 06:36 AM
Way to go, Angela and Kate! Glad to hear you're sticking around even after you leave this decade behind. Angela, how do you like the elliptical?

I was at 188 this afternoon- woo hoo! Slowly but surely, this is really happening.:)

I love the new elliptical. The hour goes by pretty fast because I can watch tv I've been watching the old Seinfeld dvd's while on it. The only thing I don't like is after about 45 min, the bottom of my foot starts getting numb and tingly. Maybe I need new shoes to solve that problem.

Well, tomorow is my Paris trip and I didn't make the 15% goal. I've had a hard time sticking to my diet lately and I know I'll splurge a little while on vacation. I plan to come back the next Monday and work really hard all week to make up for not losing this week. I'm just going to try not to gain!!!

Alegria25
06-13-2012, 07:44 AM
I ended up having to work late and didn't get home until 9 pm. By the time I'd eaten and taken care of the dogs, the gym room was closed. Today will be better. I'll walk at lunch then with the dogs after work and do the elliptical.

Oh, have fun in Paris, Jojo! Have you been before? All of the beautiful gardens and the Rodin Museum are my favorite parts.

kateleestar
06-13-2012, 08:25 AM
Have fun Jojo!

I'm at 181 even today. Hoping to see 180.something tomorrow. Maybe even 17X by the end of the week. That'd be pretty sweet. I go to my obgyn on 6/28 and I'd LOVE TO BE at 175 by then, lol... In 2010, when I went, that was my weigh-in-wake-up-call.. I'm kinda looking forward to her reaction. I look much different since shes seen me last year. That whole paper towel theory is SO TRUE, lol.

And have fun at the gym later Ale! :D

jojoland
06-13-2012, 12:43 PM
I WISH I was going to Paris-- that lucky lady is Angela! Have a great time at Disney! I think it's smart to focus on not gaining- it's healthy to indulge a little on vacation.

Kate, wtg on 181!! Your doc is going to be so proud! What is the paper towel theory?

Hi, Alegria! :wave: That's pretty cool that your building has a gym!

Sunday I went to brunch at my ex-roommate's house-- who just happens to be a pastry chef :dizzy: AND he gave me a plate of stuffed shells to take with me- that I polished off yesterday. So not the greatest week so far food wise. But not the worst, either-- I logged everything and journaled so I know where I stand. And I learned that I need to keep only fresh healthy foods around- I should have frozen those shells. Live and learn! I am down to 188- I am going for an average of 5#/month, so I am right on target.

Keep on truckin, ladies!

kateleestar
06-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Jojo, its a theory by a guy named Bob White, I think... I saw it on here first, but its true.. Here's a link to the story: http://resolve2bfit.blogspot.com/2012/05/paper-towel-theory.html

Its like, 2 paper towel rolls: After you only use towels from one for so long, one roll looks almost empty and one looks hugely full. The smaller the small roll gets, the bigger the other one looks. The smaller the small roll gets, more of an impact is made for each towel taken off.

Know what I mean? :D

And I too lose about 5 a month. It is what it is, and we will keep going, lol. Better to live "normal" than have our former alternative! ;)

jojoland
06-13-2012, 10:59 PM
Kate, what a great article- that really puts things into perspective. I am happy with losing slowly-- I want to make sure that I can live with the changes I make long term. Sometimes it is hard to be patient with myself, but I keep telling myself to trust the process. I heard that saying when I quit smoking, and it helped me so much- I think it is applicable to losing weight, too.:)

ghlover
06-14-2012, 09:53 AM
I seriously can't believe I am posting in this thread - when I first joined this forum I had no idea I would ever be doing a search to find this thread but here I am. Having been in the 220's for the past 8-10 yrs, this is a real accomplishment for me. I look forward to posting in the 170's sometime by my birthday hopefully which is in Sept!

jojoland
06-14-2012, 11:30 PM
I seriously can't believe I am posting in this thread - when I first joined this forum I had no idea I would ever be doing a search to find this thread but here I am. Having been in the 220's for the past 8-10 yrs, this is a real accomplishment for me. I look forward to posting in the 170's sometime by my birthday hopefully which is in Sept!

Welcome, ghlover! :wave: Way to go on your loss- you are an inspiration to a newcomer like me!

Alegria25
06-15-2012, 07:30 AM
Yay! Welcome, ghlover! Way to go!

kateleestar
06-18-2012, 08:54 AM
180.4!!!! Woot!

Alegria25
06-18-2012, 09:35 AM
Yay! Way to go, Kate!

kateleestar
06-18-2012, 09:46 AM
Yay! Way to go, Kate!

Thanks! I'm up today, though. So... wah. But, I'm okay with it. I ate at about 2K cals yesterday, and I made splenda/i cant believe its not butter chocolate chip cookies, and had one last night, so... MEH. I'm good. Yesterday was the 6th anny of my mom's passing, so I was all 'eh, I'm having a delicious cookie!' and it was Father's Day, so... whatevs. Its water weight any it'll come off! :D

SIGH. Neeeeeedddd sllllleeeeeeeeeeeep! :lol:

TexaninItaly
06-18-2012, 04:28 PM
Well I'm back from Paris. Seems I had a little too much fun in the restaurants because I'm up to 178.8 today. I refuse to move my ticker though. I will update that at the end of the week. Hopefully some of it's water and I can get that off quickly.

TexaninItaly
06-19-2012, 06:09 AM
Hi everyone! :hat:

That 3.2 pound increase must have been mostly water because I'm back down to 175.2 today. I drank 100 ounces of water and got back on plan yesterday. I knew I wouldn't be losing last week, but at least I didn't gain too much. My goal is to get to 173 by Saturday. :write:

kelsox31
06-19-2012, 08:33 PM
i am 170 and doing insanity! anyone else doing insanity?

kateleestar
06-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Nope, I'm running/elliptical and zumba-ing. :)

Alegria25
06-21-2012, 10:58 AM
Nothing grand, but I want to share. Although I'm up a little over the past couple of days, the new bigger undies I bought a month ago, that fit smoothly all around when I got them, are starting to get a little baggy. Hopefully they'll be needing replacement with smaller soon. LOL

kateleestar
06-21-2012, 11:40 AM
LOL, I had to buy new underwears just recently. I hadn't since like, the 250's and BOY were they falling off. I couldn't even really wear them with any pants that werent "tight" like jeans or yoga pants. So funny.

My water weight is still hanging out.... yey. NOT. :lol:

Oh well... Gotta keep going!! :D

TexaninItaly
06-22-2012, 08:22 AM
Hi everyone!

My weight keeps bouncing between 174-176. I am good for one day and then I get off. Yesterday was my daughters fifth birthday. I only ate a small piece of cake, but I could not stop tasting the buttercream frosting when I was frosting it!!!

Does anyone want to compete in a Weight Loss Wars with me? I started a competition and no one is signing up except my cousin. How fun is that? All you have to do is post your weight every Saturday. And a $25 price pot contribution.

If you want to read about it go to weight loss wars . com and the competition I started is called Me Fat Free.

jojoland
06-24-2012, 01:39 AM
OMG, the underwear!! I usually buy these super stretchy things at Target that look like they wouldn't fit a ladybug, but apparently they are discontinued.:mad: So a few months ago I bought some regular cotton ones in what I thought was my size-- but of course they were too small. Not small enough to be useless, mind you, but just small enough to make me feel giant and uncomfortable. But they fit now!!:carrot: Well, they fit better, anyway, but that's good enough for me! :lol:

Keep up the great work, ladies!

TexaninItaly
06-27-2012, 07:11 AM
Hi everyone!

Congrats on everyone for shrinking right out of your panties, lol!!! JoJo, sorry your favorite brand of panties got discontinued. That sucks! Mine are getting too big too. Maybe by next year everyone in this thread will be in Victoria Secret panties. Wouldn't that be nice?

I'm at 171 today. I'm hoping to be in the 160's by this weekend. I don't really want to go looking for another thread because I like it in here with you ladies.