Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default I am here again.... what is wrong with me...

Ok well I am always lurking around but I am signing in again.

I really dont know what is wrong with me... I read all the posts about the success and failures... I read all the posts about the different types of diets, and then I research them to see if I can do it...

I DONT KNOW WHAT DIET TO PICK.... I NEED RESULTS, I AM TIRED OF FAILURE!!!

Basically I know I cannot totally give up carbs from my diet... So Atkins and South Beach are out... I have tried diet pills, I did Nutrisystem, I have done Weight Watchers...

I tried Medifast and was somewhat successful, I lost over 40 pounds but put back 18...

So I have to lose the 18 I put back on PLUS another 25!!!

I am currently following a diet similar to the old WW, when they told you to have 2 milks, 3 proteins, etc. per day, because for some reason I cannot do points... it gives me too much freedom to cheat... which is why I say WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!!!

I really want to be at goal and feel I did it!!!

I am following the diet, exercising 4 to 5 times a week...

Thanks...
stocco88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/144/125

Height: 5.3

Hi Stocco88.
Your story resonates with so many here. You are NOT alone. Stick around, read all the success stories you cand find. Those stories really motivate me.
Good luck & nice to meet you!
Michelle Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Nothing is wrong with you. You don't fail a diet plan. It fails YOU.

Quote:
I am currently following a diet similar to the old WW, when they told you to have 2 milks, 3 proteins, etc. per day, because for some reason I cannot do points... it gives me too much freedom to cheat... which is why I say WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!!!
Sounds like you'd do better on exchanges then. It's just finding what what for you, your needs, your personality.

Go here to get your calorie level. Let's say it is 1800.

Then google "1800 diabetic exchanges" and see what your suggested breakouts come out like. You don't have to actually be diabetic to use exchanges as a tool.

You could go here if you want to fine tune the break outs.

Exchange lists
are all over online. You can also pick up the official booklet.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #4  

Thanks for the support...

astrophe... I am going to the sites right now that you forwarded to me... Thanks so much...
Old 03-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #5  

OK.... I just went to the site to get my calorie level and WOW!!!

I was using myfitnesspal.. and I am on a 1200 calorie a day to lose (1-2 pounds a week) and working ot 5 times a week..

On the above site, I put in the same information and it says I should be taking in 1,656 calories per day.... that is a big difference....

Any comments?
Old 03-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

First, there is nothing wrong with you. Everyone has ups and downs.

I can relate to not going without carbs. I couldn't do it. I also don't like WW because it confuses me. I like to go with simple. That is why I calorie count.

Welcome back, btw!
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/206/150

Hi and welcome back.
Why don't you give it a try at this amount of calories for a couple of weeks to see if it works better for you or not.
I believe you will be suprised from the results.
Anastasia77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Weight loss is difficult. In a nutshell, that's it. When a person struggles with their weight, it's a life-long struggle (and we're not really taught to see it that way. We're encouraged to believe that once we get to our goal weight, or at least once we get some of the weight off, it's going to somehow be easier - and it's usually not).

I've been at this "job" of weight loss for nearly 41 of my nearly 46 years, and I'm only now starting to master it. And only because I've finally learned that I can't do it alone, and I can't ever "take a break."

That doesn't mean I don't slip, but it means I have to get back up again, and the sooner the better (no tomorrow morning, or Monday or the first of the month or first of the year). I have to get up right away, and above all, I can't fall down and stay down.

To keep me going, I need a support group, and for me that's 3FC here online, and TOPS (taking off pounds sensibly) IRL. The IRL, weekly weigh-in keeps me honest. I can't "hide" my stalls and setbacks (and I get encouragement and praise for my successes).

The hardest part is learning to keep going even when the results are smaller than I was raised to believe was acceptable. I've learned that no loss is so small, and no gain is so great that it justifies giving up. I'm now "succeeding" at a slower pace than I've ever failed. All the times in my life that I quit, I quit when I was losing faster than I've ever lost this time.

I always felt that losing less than a pound a week was failure, and "this time" my weight loss has averaged one pound per month. That's why I sometimes say that "I've failed off 105 lbs." Failure isn't losing slowly, and it isn't even sometimes gaining, failing is only giving up.

It really helped me this time to make my first, and most important goal "not gaining," that way I get to celebrate almost every time I step on the scale.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote