Weight Loss Support - One Day at a Time, MARCHING THROUGH MARCH

JoJoJo2
03-06-2003, 05:39 PM
Hello Everyone! OK, OK, I'll start the new thread. :p

Please join us in our One Day At a Time MARCHING THROUGH MARCH CHALLENGE. We're a group of ladies who have lost a lot of weight by counting cals, exercising and drinking water. We are setting goals of how much we want to lose (or maintain) in the month of March. We report weekly each Friday morning. Next progress report: March 7. EVERYONE IS WELCOME.

We have found that life is to be lived One Day at a Time, and this includes our various ways of eating and the exercise that we do. So sip that water, move that body, encourage each other, and let's MARCH THROUGH MARCH, singing lustily and with vigor. And smiling, too, of course. :D

no_way_but_up
03-08-2003, 09:29 AM
looks pretty quiet on here lately, but hope dena gets my message.

i was just checking my e-mail messages and had one from joannie that her mom died last weekend and she wanted me to let you know. sorry, i didn't know how else to get ahold of you.:(

JoJoJo2
03-08-2003, 11:00 AM
Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about Joanie's mother. And I, too, hope that Dena will check in. Dena, where are you???

You are right, it has been mighty quiet. I think some of the posters are out of town.

no_way_but_up
03-08-2003, 05:49 PM
my lifes been pretty hectic lately so i can understand not having time to check in.

Joanie
03-09-2003, 12:17 AM
Hey Gang....I am here....I am trying to get back on track....I hope to do well in the rest of the month of march....drink water, watch the food intake...and my all time favorite, NOT! exercise! Love you all....are we weighing in on Fridays? Joanie

JoJoJo2
03-09-2003, 09:11 AM
Good to have you posting, Joanie. Hugs and cheerful thoughts are going in your direction.

As far as I am concerned we can weigh in any time we want to. Personally on maintenance I weigh in almost every day. That keeps me in focus. And each of us is doing an individual day-at-a-time march through MARCH but we aren't necessarily doing it in lockstep with each other.

So weigh when you want to, post when you can, and stay positive.

no_way_but_up
03-18-2003, 08:20 AM
hey gang,
been keeping busy lately. but i just got laid off work for 2 weeks so hopefully i'll be posting more often. hope to hear from others too.

JoJoJo2
03-18-2003, 09:05 AM
Being laid off work is no fun. Sorry about that. Guess we've all got our own little personal problems that get in the way of our lives.

As for me, I haven't been posting because I have been out of town to a funeral. My DH's sister's DH died suddenly so we went to Arizona for a few days. Got back and am trying to play catch-up with everything.

Remember, we stick with it -- a day at a time. And try to keep smiling -

JoJoJo2
03-18-2003, 07:03 PM
Here's a verse that fits our thread. Thought I would share it with you.

One Day at a Time

Whatever the goal we're pursuing.
No matter how rugged the climb.
We're certain to get there by trying our best
And taking One Day At A Time.

"Forever" is hard to imagine.
"The future" may seem far away.
But every new dawn brings a wonderful chance
To do what we can on that day. - Emily Matthews

no_way_but_up
03-19-2003, 08:59 AM
just checking in to see how everyone is doing this morning;)

i'm doing good, got up and rode my bike. the weathers nice today maybe i can get out for a walk. i'm also trying to get my water down today, one of my many goals. I'd also like to lift weights today, if i can fit it into the schedule:D

JoJoJo2
03-19-2003, 10:23 AM
More snow today, Praise the Lord. We need the moisture. But everything is shut down due to the snow. Schools are closed, etc. No walking around the block for me today!

I guess I will dig out an exercise tape, and maybe do some stretching. Drink that water, think positive thoughts, watch my portion size, keep smiling.

Everyone, have a good day -

no_way_but_up
03-20-2003, 09:04 AM
somehow i hurt my knee so haven't been able to exercise today but i'm sticking to my eating plan and trying to drink lots of water. I'm also going to try doing some upper body weightlifting. anything that doesn't mess with my knee.

no_way_but_up
03-20-2003, 09:09 AM
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

always remember to forget the troubles that pass your way but never forget to remember the blessings that come each day.:balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons:

have a great day everyone

no_way_but_up
03-24-2003, 09:01 AM
Boy, it's been quiet lately in here. I've been off track lately so i need to post my goals to keep me in check:

1. drink atleast 8 glasses of water.
2. eat 5 or 6 small meals
3. ride bike atleast 20 minutes.

JoJoJo2
03-24-2003, 09:25 AM
It sure has been quiet. For myself I need to get back to my exercise. Today I will DO it.

And keep smiling of course.

no_way_but_up
03-25-2003, 11:03 AM
well i did good yesterday, didn't get in as much water as i would like but all in all it was a good day. my calories ended up at 1600. I like to keep it between 1200-1600 so i'm happy with that.

todays goals
1. ride bike (already done)
2. lift weights
3. drink 8 glasses of water
4. keep calories between 1200-1600

has anyone tried a low carb diet, if so how is it working for you and does it fit into a busy lifestyle.

JoJoJo2
03-25-2003, 11:40 AM
Exercise, exercise, exercise -- that's what I need to do. But first I will plan my tomato seeds in my indoor pots. We are about 8 weeks away from being able to plant the tender stuff outdoors, but I try to get an early start on things like tomatoes.

Drink that water, munch those veggies, think positive, and remember that losing weight takes time.

In answer to your question about low carbing, I never really did it, but as a diabetic I do try to control my carbs. Good luck to you if you decide to try it. I gather for some people it really works.

Kempyd
03-25-2003, 11:58 AM
Hey hey you two. I am glad that someone picked up the thread. I am also wondering about Dena. It is kind of weird that she stopped posting. I hope she comes back.

I was out of town last week so I am going to join in on the next one day at a time thread. I need to get back into the swing of things since being on vacation. I hate that I let myself go when i go out of town. I was gone for 9 days so you can only imagine the damage that was done.

I will kepp posting and taking it one day at a time with you guys. Glad to be back!

JoJoJo2
03-25-2003, 02:39 PM
Glad to welcome you back, Kempy. You went to Mardi Gras, didn't you? Sometimes it is hard to keep all these comings and going straight.

I don't know where Dena went, and I wish she would come back too. It's not like her to disappear like that. I hope she is OK.

As for me, I am just Marching Through March, one day at a time. And we are almost to the end of this month. Happy April, everyone -

angieME
03-25-2003, 09:01 PM
Can I join too. I used to post on the 4 week Challenge thread but it seems like everyone left. I would like to lose 6 pounds this month. I am a 5'2" married mom to 3 kids. Me and my husband have a wholesale Bakery at our house that we do accounts with for a living. I have 3 dogs(1 JRT and 2 Keeshond) and 4 cats.

I used to weigh 265.5 pounds but I lost it and got down to 130 then I gained 76 pounds of that back. I came here in October and I have lost 53 pounds.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone. I weigh in on Saturdays. Is that okay?

JoJoJo2
03-25-2003, 09:21 PM
Hi, Angie, glad to have you with us.

We're a group of ladies who have lost weight, or are trying to, by counting cals, exercising and drinking water. We are setting goals of how much we want to lose (or maintain) in the month of March. We report weekly, usually each Friday morning. EVERYONE IS WELCOME.

Mostly our problem seems to be that we know what we should be doing to lose weight, but sometimes we don't do what we know we should be doing. That is because we are human. So we just keep trying, one day at a time.

I'm the old lady of the group, I live in Wyoming with my DH and my black cat. And I try to keep smiling -

no_way_but_up
03-27-2003, 09:13 AM
hi all,
i started my low-carb plan yesterday and is going quite well, i have to keep the carbs below 20 for atleast 2 weeks. not sure how i'm gonna do this when i go back to work on monday other than plan, plan, plan.

anyways, my goals for today are:
1. drink atleast 8 glasses of water
2. keep carbs below 20
3. get in some exercise

JoJoJo2
03-27-2003, 09:32 AM
Plan, plan, plan is what it takes for success in any endeavor. Your plan looks good - stick with it.

I'm no doing low-carb myself, but as a diabetic I can sure appreciate its value. I am careful about the carbs myself, especially in the afternoon and evening.

And keep smiling -

Kempyd
03-27-2003, 11:01 AM
Jo my mom said that when we were young she would fix a diabetic diet for our dinners and I think that is when we were all at our best. After my dad died when I was 14 she stopped cooking and that is when all of my problems started to happen. I wish she would have kept going.

Angie looks like you and I are part of tons of threads. :lol: That is ok, us birthday girls should stick together anyway.

JoJoJo2
03-28-2003, 08:48 AM
And we are getting close to the conclusion of our Marching Through March One Day at a Time venture. How has it worked for you? Has it been helpful?

I'll admit that I have some good days and some not-so-good days. But that's life. The only way we can live our lives is one day a a time, and keep going as long as we can, IMHO. And keep smiling, that is important. Good luck to everyone -

no_way_but_up
03-28-2003, 12:17 PM
well i'm still doing good on this plan. i've dropped 4.5 lbs. in the first two days on this plan, i'm kind of concerned that i have to go back to work and it's a little harder when you have to take everything with me to work. but today i'm making homemade beef jerky. delicious and no carbs. besides it's alot cheaper and healthier than store bought. i did pretty good yesterday. still not getting enough water in, but i'm working on it.

todays goals:
1. keep carbs below 20
2. drink 8 glasses of water
3. exercise, exercise and more exercise.

Kempyd
03-28-2003, 12:18 PM
This is the last weekend of March so I will try to kick it into high gear. I know I havn't lost anything, I may have actually gained due to my trip so maybe I can get back to where I was b4 I left.

My goal for today is drink my water (always hard when I get off work early)
and, stay away from take out food tonight. That always seems to happen on the weekends. We get kind of lazy with the cooking.

no way you snuck in on me.... I found that if I use a big 32 oz cup at work I will drink my water quicker. I think my mind doesn't register that it is that big so I will just keep on chugging. Of course make sure you are clkose to the bathroom. :lol:

JoJoJo2
03-28-2003, 12:42 PM
I'm doing OK. I did my walking early this morning, I really have no problem with drinking the water, I will cautiously eat today while watching the portion size, and I will stay cheerful.

Then comes the weekend with a birthday party for a couple of grandchildren. They are turning 13 and 10 a week apart, so there is always a family get-together with good fellowship and good eating.

But life is good, let's enjoy it.

no_way_but_up
03-31-2003, 06:21 AM
well we're to the end of our march challenge and being as i really didn't make any weightloss goals, i guess it was a success. One of my goals for april is to make a specific goal and meet it.

I'm back to work today, so here i am at 5 a.m getting ready to head out the door, but wanted to check in here first. I hope everyone met there goals for march.

by the way, has anyone heard from dena.?:stress: dena if your out there let us know what's going on with you. That includes everyone else that we haven't heard from in awhile.

Well my new philosophy for the month is "let go and let god". i can't control everything around me, so i'll take care of what i can and let god handle the rest. just a thought!

ok, everyone hug yourself for all the hard work you've done:grouphug:

JoJoJo2
03-31-2003, 09:22 AM
Yes, it is the end of our Marching Through March challenge. Congratulations to all who did well. And if you didn't do as well as you would have liked, keep right on trying. We are given the opportunity to restart ourselves and so often we need to do just that.

It's been fun Marching Through March one day at a time. And it has been good for each of us to keep sipping that H2O, muncing those veggies, exercizing faithfully, and keeping a positive outlook on life. We all benefit by encouraging each other.

Good luck to all -

Kempyd
03-31-2003, 11:37 AM
Last day in March and I didn't get anything done. I will try again in April especially since bathsuit weather is right around the corner. When I wore mine in San Diego I wasn't to upset but I know that if I stop working toward my goals I will see it in the way it fits.

SO, who is going to start the new April thread?