Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 03-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Talking What beauty product are you addicted to?

Just a light-hearted survey! This could be the beauty product you cannot live without - OR - the beauty product you are just plain addicted buying!

For me, my husband has teased me for years because I have no less than 6-8 types of shampoo and conditioner in the shower at one time. We redesigned our shower, and I am not kidding, to add a large shelf built into the wall so I could store more shampoo and conditioner. I buy a lot of Aveda products, but my main concern is finding shampoos & conditioners not tested on animals that contain no dyes (who needs blue shampoo?) and it has to smell fantastic! I especially like them with essential oils...mmmm!

My 2nd addiction...lip stuff. Lip balm. Lip gloss. Lipstick. Lip primer. Glittery. Opaque. Matte. You get the idea. I have lip balms everywhere and I cannot resist buying all those lip color sets you see in Sephora and the like. I have lip stuff everywhere, in every purse, in every room, in my car, in all 3 bathrooms, in jacket pockets, etc. I don't know what it is about lip stuff...I just love it!

What about you?
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Moisturizer, I wouldn't go without moisturizer anymore than I would go without brushing my teeth or using deodorant. Moisturizer is a must.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

Mascara. Love my mascara . Same goes for Smith's Rosebud Salve..I use it for chapped lips and skin..great stuff!
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #4  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Aveeno Active Naturals daily moisturizing lotion. Amazing stuff - soaks in quick and lasts all day, without leaving a wave of perfume. I have a tube in the car, a tube in the shower, a tube at my desk at work, and at least three backups on standby. When it goes on sale ... look out!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #5  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Burt's Bees Peppermint lip balm.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/178/150 LW:161

Height: 5'6

I just bought a tinted moisturizer from Sephora that I love! Just enough to even out my skin and moisturize! I also LOVE mascara, and I'm addicted to buying nailpolish (red has been the color of choice lately!). I also have too many bottles of shampoo, and conditioner in my shower. You would think that three women live in this apartment but it's just me and my male roommate!
vixxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/155/135

Height: 5'3"

My Smashbox Lip Treatment. It's one of those ones with the color on the outside and the clear moisturizer in the middle. It's a super sheer light color, so it adds just enough shine and tint that I can wear it without makeup as an everyday moisturizer or with makeup as a lipstick. It makes my lips feel great and it has SPF 15 too.
Micki k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #8  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

Bath and Bodyworks lotion. I love this stuff. My favorite is White Tea and Ginger, but I also like most of the other scents.

I have three bottles on my desk at work, and three at home. LOL
rachaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #9  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a Mac cosmetics/Bare Escentuals snob. I'm all about different colored non-natural eyeshadow because I can pull them off well.

I wouldn't put any other kind of eyeshadow on my lids. It's expensive, but its damn good. I've had one small round palette of black that I use almost every day for 6 years and there's still plenty of it and it's still good.

I'm really in love with Bare Escentuals True/Soft Focus True all over face color.
I use it as a blush.
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #10  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Mascara!! I spend an embarrassing amount of money on mascara and at any time have at least 12-15 formulas. My favorites are Benefit's They're Real, Yves St. Laurent's Volume Effet Faux Cils and Lancome's original Hypnose.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #11  
Canadian on the Inside

Height: 5' 6"

While I'm tempted to second tessendicott, the truth is, I have a problem with lip balm. It's not that I love it so much, but that I need it (it's so dry here), and I lose it with regularity. I try to keep one in every place that I go looking for one, so that I won't move them and lose them in the process, but it doesn't really seem to work. I'm sure there are about 20 hidden in my apartment, which is impressive considering that I'm super organized about EVERYTHING ELSE.
Paja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #12  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Majority of the time I don't wear makeup but...I am addicted to lipstick. I will not go anywhere without it. My daily regimen is moisturizer, chapstick and lipstick that's about all I ever need. I will wear foundation, powder and blush when going somewhere but the eyeliner, mascara and eye shadow are saved/used only on special occasions.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:14 AM   #13  

Height: 5'4

Nail polishes and lip stuff!! I have about 20 bottles of nail polish at home. I love doing my nails. Plus I noticed my nails became stronger after painting them (weird huh?). I LOVE Maybelline's Color Sensational lip colours. I'm addicted to the Let Me Pink shade right now
Sharmsluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #14  
flap flap

S/C/G: 120/115/105

Height: 5'3.5

Seconding Smith's Rosebud Salve, and adding a chapstick by Maybelline called Baby Lips. And the Shellac nail polish color called Fedora.
biplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:30 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 234/176.2/168

Height: 5'11

Lipstick! If you see me without it, I'm sleeping.
jenjulia is offline   Reply With Quote