Old 03-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #1  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

Question Losing TOO fast?

Okay, I weighed in this morning and was down 4 pounds.

So I'm of course jumping for joy in the bathroom thinking, "GREAT!"
However, when I put it in my tracker, it had a meltdown and told me I was losing weight too fast and that I need to slow down. That is the first "big" loss week I've had. I usually steadily lose about 1.5-2 every week.
I'm eating ALL of my daily, weekly and activity points.

When I was weighing in at the meetings the first time I did WW, I was losing more quickly and they never said anything about it. I had some months where it went something like this: -1.5, -3.8, -2.4, -.09

Is this really something I should worry about or should I go eat a moonpie right now?
I feel like it's not that big of a deal. I've lost 10.2 pounds in a month, it's really not that much. (hahaha)
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #2  
Trying my best

S/C/G: 167.5/150/130

Height: 5'3

Honestly when I did calorie counting before there were weeks when I did lose like that and weeks when I would plateau so I don't really think there is anything to worry about. If I could have one good week of 4lbs loss I would love it so I think you should celebrate it
Tonyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

In a word... no.

WW Online has this fail-safe set in to make sure people aren't losing "too fast", but it doesn't take into account where a person's starting weight is... how much they have to lose... how close they are to the beginning of their journey....

It's also there to make some members aware that fast isn't always better (if they aren't eating all their points or following the program as it's meant to be followed).

I've gotten the message before, and taken it as a "heads up you might not know this", but not as a warning of anything drastic.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #4  
Pinup extraordinaire!

I didn't figure it was anything to worry about, just wanted to be sure.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Agree with what everyone has said. I don't think you can look at weightloss at a certain point in time to determine if it's too fast or too slow. There are too many peaks and valleys. You've said 10ish pounds for the month and that's 2-2.5 lbs per week which I'd say is pretty safe for your stats.

The little warning message is just that, a warning. It's set to go off when you lose more than two pounds without taking into account that last weigh in you may have been bloated and showed only a .5 loss but really lost more fat and that loss masked by water weight.

So, don't worry, don't eat a moon pie, unless you want it and it fits in your plan/points And congrats on an amazing loss for the week.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #6  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

I wouldn't worry about it. I've gotten that message before, too. Like Lovely said, it's just a fail safe thing they have in place online. There are too many factors to take into consideration for a one size fits all "right" pace to lose.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #7  
Pinup extraordinaire!

Oh I fully plan on eating a moonpie today. They're only 6 points. hahaha
Old 03-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #8  
BACON

S/C/G: 220/220/150

Height: 5'2

lol I took a tiny bite out of DH's moonpie last night and he says "you know that bite has about 30 calories" uuggg.

I'm still a member of WW but have been on the calorie counting for 2 weeks now. SO far I like it but i hate it too. I hate counting veggies and fruits lol

I think you are doing awesome ! Because your doing this THE RIGHT WAY ! your making a lifestyle change.
KEEP ON COUNTING GIRL !
LEESE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #9  

I'm still trying to get my weight watchers legs under me so I've been entering my food on weight watchers and on a calorie counting website, Spark People. I'm a tad paranoid and just want to be sure, ya know?

I'm sure once I'm comfortable with WW's I'll stop calorie counting as it's a lot easier to remember , "Oh, I've eaten 14 of my 38 dailies" than it is "I've had 874 calories for breakfast and lunch out of my 1650 allowed calories."

BTW, enjoy the moonpie Tess. I don't like marshmellowy things so I'd probably get sick. I loathe Rocky Road ice cream for the same reason. Bleh.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #10  
Pinup extraordinaire!

I love that WW doesn't count calories, but counts fat instead. (You're husband is right about the 30 calories, they're 220 for a whole moonpie. I couldn't BELIEVE moonpies were only 6 points when I pulled up the nutrition on WW last night.

Mack had them in the back of the car and the conversation went like this:
"IS THAT A MOONPIE BOX!?!?!?"-Me
"Yeah, I got them as a snack. I thought you hated them?"-Mack
"NO!!!! I LOVE moonpies!!! Moonpies are what got me to 275 pounds in the first place! Are there any left?"-Me
"Yes, there's some in the box, but I have one in the house."-Mack

Turns out there were 3 in the house. I ate one today and might have one later this week. Nice to know I can control myself around them now.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #11  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessendicott View Post
Nice to know I can control myself around them now.
Isn't that the BEST feeling??
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #12  

Not to derail but I do believe WW's take other macro nutrients into consideration beyond fat. Wikipedia has a calculation that's supposedly taken from their US patent filing.

I operate under the basis that WW is a simplified calorie counting method. Don't get me wrong, I like it, I pay for it but I could kinda sorta do it on my own. What I like is the way its set up to encourage healthier eating by having "zero point" foods, which I understand is a recent change. And, as I said before it's a lot easier to remember points used for the day that calories.

Seriously, bravo for your will power! My husband graciously hid some dark chocolate raspberry eggs from me because he didn't want to make me feel bad. I just haven't been at this long enough to test myself. The most I've done is get those little one serving smart ones sundaes. I can control myself because they're frozen and have to sit out and thaw for a bit. That gives me long enough to talk myself down on the food ledge before I consume a 2nd.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:30 PM   #13  
Pinup extraordinaire!

I just bought some of the 1 points toffee bars and they are GREAT when you're craving something sweet.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

It hasnt gotten much easier for me, although i dont crave sweet things really, for me my vices are around those greasy or salty items. So we ordered some food once and i was trying to be good, so i got this weird chicken rotiserie thing with steamed veggies on the side, and boyfriend gets this awesome chicken club house sandwich with the most awesomly crispy french fries. I actually got angry lmao, at him and at the plate, i had a temper tantrum... cause i couldnt have the fries and he could, and i had to eat boring steamed veggies. I hope thats something that goes away! It sucks to feel like your being left out of the things you really love. I know i can have them in moderation, but... that always flies out the window the second i put them to my lips. Best for me to just stay away from them period!
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #15  
Pinup extraordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryblue View Post
I know i can have them in moderation, but... that always flies out the window the second i put them to my lips. Best for me to just stay away from them period!
I'm good with moderation most of the time, but I find myself craving salty things too. I stay away from the things I know I'll eat ALLLLL of too.