Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Default Not trying to lose but not trying to gain too much!

I know there is a pregnancy section but it's soooo slow right now. I'm about 7-9 weeks (I dunno, to be verified later this month) and trying VERY hard not to gain too much weight. I'm only 133lbs but I gained 45lbs with my last baby and suspected gestational diabetes (resulting in oversized baby/traumatic shoulder dystocia birth).

I find it so hard to eat well when pregnant and it's very frustrating because people say "oh just enjoy it!!" well I'm at risk of the same thing happening and it was horrible So if you don't mind I would love to hang out with you all and keep "on track". Not calorie counting right now, just trying not to eat crap all the time. I find it mentally hard when people don't understand and look at me like I'm trying to starve the baby when really I just don't want the same thing to happen like my son (he had a birth injury because of it).

Has anyone gone through gestational diabetes? I don't have it but they want me to pretend I do (ie. eat well). I have my first diabetes test at 12 weeks
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #2  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

Sacha-- no to the gestational diabetes.
But i just wanted to point out something youa re probably VERY aware of already..... you only need an addition 200-300 cals a day during pregnancy, the quivalent of a serving a peanut butter. Thats it. (assuming you are getting a good nutrient profile, which im willing ot bet you are)
After that, it comes down to will power and self control for you--> two MORE things i know youve got mastered

On the other hand, i realize how psychologicaly easy it is to let self-control fall away when pregnant, because it IS a good "excuse", not to mention more intense cravings (possibly) and more people trying to pressure you to eat crap at parties and whatnot.

If it makes ya feel better, i gained 72 pounds with #1
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkroyer View Post
If it makes ya feel better, i gained 72 pounds with #1
I thought I gained 70, but apparently, I gained 80 according to my ex husband. This is why I didn't look at the scale
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote