Does it Work? - "Constant Cravings" by Doreen Virtue

nat123
03-06-2012, 04:01 AM
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to share a recent find related to emotional eating and helping you get it under control. It's an AMAZING read and highly recommend it to anyone who overeats-whatever their 'eating style' may be (i.e. binge eater, mood eater, self-esteem eater, stress-eater and/or snowball eater) and the reasons behind it! It basically helps you interpret the specific types of foods you crave and helps you understand why Once you have this knowledge, its quite enlightening and Dr. Virtue explains that with time this realisation helps curb those uncontrollable binges! She also provides various techniques and includes many studies for additional reading and to support her theory- afterall, she herself is an ex-emotional eater. Anyway, hope you find this read as useful as I do!

http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/doreen+virtue/constant+craving/8523436/

freelancemomma
03-27-2012, 12:06 AM
I have to admit, I found the book to be a little flaky. The author tries to shroud her arguments in a sciencey cloak, but none of her claims have been validated. They're just her opinion. And she REALLY lost me when she suggested that people who store fat on their hips may have a grievance against their father, while those who store it around their abdomen likely resent their mother.

Freelance

2phatinvictoria
06-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Ive read many of her books but i have yet to read this one.. Ill have to check this one out!

DCHound
08-31-2012, 06:03 PM
Isn't she the lady who communicates with angels?