General chatter - Things I WILL do when I'm thin!

View Full Version : Things I WILL do when I'm thin!

tessendicott
03-06-2012, 12:58 AM
I was just sitting here thinking about all of the things that I won't do right now, or rather, the things I will do when I'm at goal weight.

1. I will get married. (I promised myself I would NEVER be a fat bride. I do not want to look back on my wedding photos and hate myself in them. Those are meant to last a lifetime.)

2. I will be a roller girl. (I have back issues that are slowly going away and I just don't have the stamina right now)

3. I will run a half-marathon at the very least! (Can't wait to be able to do this)

4. I will wear an itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny-green-polka-dot-bikini (that I found on pinupgirl. Trust me, no one in their right mind wants to see me in one now, but I can't wait for the day I can go to a pool/the beach with one on.)

What is everyone else going to do when they get to goal weight?

Samanthia
03-06-2012, 01:02 AM
*Oh I hear ya on the bikini!!
*I also want to start running, I will start slow with "couch to 5K" right now I HATE running, but I really want to start.
*Shop more, I hate the looks I get when shopping now, also how depressing it is when you cant fit into anything.

chickadee32
03-06-2012, 01:03 AM
I'm not at my goal weight yet (close to my original goal, but I want to go lower anyway), but I am doing one of mine tomorrow!! For a few years I've been reading books about mountain climbing (I've probably read a few dozen), and though rock climbing was something I really wanted to try I was nowhere near fit enough to do it. I finally feel like I am there, like I am maybe strong enough to do it without feeling like my body is my limitation, and so tomorrow I'm taking an introductory indoor rock climbing course! I can't wait!!!! I'm going to be sooo sore the next day I am sure, lol.

sheramama
03-06-2012, 01:07 AM
-I want to go on a ride at an amusement park and not have to worry if the bar will close over my stomach. (It was a close call on one 20 lbs ago).

-Have no problem getting into a bathing suit and swimming in public with the kids.

tessendicott
03-06-2012, 01:09 AM
@Samanthia: I'm working on couch to 5k now too.
@chickadee32: Rock climbing is amazing. If you ever get a chance to "crack climb" (I know, sounds really wrong) do it. I found it a lot more fun that just regular rock climbing. You'll have so much fun! It's grueling at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's a piece of cake.
@Sheramama: My goal weight treat to myself is going to be a trip to Disney. :D

chickadee32
03-06-2012, 01:13 AM
tessendicott: Thanks! I'm pretty nervous as well as excited, lol. If the intro course goes well enough then I'm going to take a movement course as a follow up, and hopefully that will help me get the hang of it.

Dalliance
03-06-2012, 01:14 AM
Take loads of pictures of myself and post them on facebook so people can comment on hot how I am. LOL I know, I'm vain.

sheramama
03-06-2012, 01:16 AM
@Sheramama: My goal weight treat to myself is going to be a trip to Disney. :D

Funny,that's kind of mine too with the kids :)

Take loads of pictures of myself and post them on facebook so people can comment on hot how I am. LOL I know, I'm vain.

Now, there is NOTHING wrong with that! I second it!

Kelseyj325
03-06-2012, 01:45 AM
I definitely refuse to get married until I'm thin. I want to cherish my wedding pictures, not hide them.

melodymist
03-06-2012, 02:10 AM
1. I will get married. (I promised myself I would NEVER be a fat bride. I do not want to look back on my wedding photos and hate myself in them. Those are meant to last a lifetime.)

:carrot:

Kitcherella
03-06-2012, 03:12 AM
a) I will become a scuba diver.
b) I will train to swim a swimming marathon.
c) I will canoe without worrying I might get stuck.

LEESE
03-06-2012, 03:20 AM
Oh to sit in a BOOTH at my fav local resturaunt and NOT HAVE my boobs sit on the table !

Hike up a few local mountains before we aren't sttioned in Alaska anymore to do it !

shop the ladies section and not the Plus size where the clothes have NO STYLE

BananaMontana
03-06-2012, 03:55 AM
I'm going to learn how to swim. I kept meaning to but then I got fat and now I don't want to be seen in a bathing suit. Once I get close to or hit goal, I will let DH teach me.

astrophe
03-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Hrm. I pretty much just live my life! I already got married at plus size and I already raised charity money and walked in a half marathon (twice!).

I don't think I can be a roller girl or wear a bikini though. I have a hard time with normal skating and I haven't worn a bikini since I was 11 and I hated that one! I like one piece better. ;)

Now one thing I think I might enjoy is trying out a zip line. But that's addressing my fear of heights more than my weight. Although I'd certainly feel better trying it on at a lower weight. Less of me to fall! LOL.

A.

mammasita
03-06-2012, 10:06 AM
get new boobs ;)

Seriously though:
1 - Wear a 2 piece bathing suit
2 - Boudoir photos

MrsCake
03-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Roller skate in a sport bra in front of everyone!

booboo52
03-06-2012, 10:16 AM
i want to be able to wear a tank top and not have lumps on the sides and
wear something tucked in and look good

berryblondeboys
03-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Only things I guess I'm waiting for until I get to my ideal size is a very nice swimsuit that fits me perfectly. While I always look for one that is flattering, I always look for a fairly cheap one. Not now. I am willing to spend some bucks to get a great swimsuit when I get to goal.

For me that means getting one in the right bra size - with underwires. No more trying to stuff my boobs in a too small swim top. Probably no 2 piece swimsuit as my stomach is a mess of stretch marks to well over my belly button from pregnancies, but that's OK. You can look HOT in a one piece too!

MrsCake
03-06-2012, 10:45 AM
You can look HOT in a one piece too!

Fully agreed! But after years of hiding in a one piece swimsuit I really want to enjoy the looks of a two piece. :s:

Serval87
03-09-2012, 07:15 PM
I want to be a contortionist (it's kind of an obsession). I'm fairly flexible now, but not nearly enough. I do think if I keep practicing, and lose weight, I might actually be able to bend into some good positions, but nothing that would make me money or anything.

gonnabfitmom
03-10-2012, 01:32 AM
-Go out ALL the time. Bars, clubs, parties, and wear sexy, slinky, skin baring outfits.
-Go ziplining
-Be seen in a swimsuit
-take endless pictures of myself
-flirt with reckless abandon

Candeka
03-10-2012, 02:17 AM
I will wear a bikini for the first time in my life.

I will wear leggings and a cute tight but casual dress (what university girls wear everyday but I would like down right awful in right now)

I will take more pictures then you can even imagine.

TiffNeedsChange
03-10-2012, 02:35 AM
I will walk past a reflective window or mirror without feeling the need to check and see how "big" I look at the moment.
I will wear my goal bathing suit.
I will have a professional photo shoot done.
I will get an entire wardrobe full of clothes that I adore!
:D

Ruze
03-10-2012, 05:05 AM
1. Get married!

2. Try to encourage a 5 yr class renunion, partially to show off. I know that's vain and horrible, but still!

3. Be able to join my very active friends for a hike. I joined them once, and had to stop half-way up the mountain. It was so embarrassing!

4. Wear my hair up in cute styles! I hide behind my hair right now, so I want to be able to proudly wear it up. :)

gonnabfitmom
03-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Get pictures taken with my daughter.

Jacks Big Mama
03-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Shop for clothes based on what assets of mine they show off, as opposed to buying clothes based on what part of my body they can hide!

Get professional family photos taken.

Get more involved in mommy groups and clubs for my toddler.

konfyoozed
03-10-2012, 03:37 PM
i will ride a roller coaster again
i will sky dive with my husband
i will run a 5k with my best friend
i will get a photo shoot done with my husband to make up for 'fat' wedding pics
i will hike part of the appalachian trail

and most importantly, i will have a baby!

aseret123
03-10-2012, 10:03 PM
-Go out ALL the time. Bars, clubs, parties, and wear sexy, slinky, skin baring outfits.
-Go ziplining
-Be seen in a swimsuit
-take endless pictures of myself
-flirt with reckless abandon

This! Also, spend stupid amounts of my hard earned money on clothes that currently wouldn't even fit around my thigh :D

pixeldust
03-10-2012, 11:49 PM
I echo so many of the things already posted here. It’s funny how many of us can’t wait to get into a bikini. Here are mine:

Treat myself to a brand new wardrobe suitable for someone in my age bracket (twenties). Also get real workout clothes: sports bras and yoga pants outfits and bikinis that I’ll wear while exercising on the beach!

Give my X-Box Kinect games and workout DVDs a break. Sign up for a gym membership and classes. Take up yoga, dancing (either belly, zumba, or pole – OR ALL OF THEM), and self defense training to meet new people and maintain my new body.

With my newfound energy, volunteer at community garden projects, farmer’s markets, and food co-ops to help the neighborhood while receiving awesome discounts on locally grown organic produce.

Take an advanced figure drawing class without feeling uncomfortable if I’m asked to pose for my fellow students. When I was attending art school a few years back, another student drew not only the nude model but the students in front of him, including myself… back fat and all! He was a sweet guy, good artist, and probably didn’t think I’d see his study.

Oh, and take several pictures of myself doing all these great things and post them all over my Facebook. My friends who haven’t seen me since before I started losing weight will be pleasantly surprised at my overcoming camera shyness (or shame) AND my weight loss.

And also, post before and after pictures to forums to help inspire people (re)starting their weight loss journey the way others have inspired me.

MamaBravo
03-11-2012, 12:01 AM
Buy clothes I like, and be able to be comfortable when I wear them
Take family pictures with my kids
Ride any ride I want at an amusment park
Sit in a booth at a restaurant without my stomach touching the table
Be able to hug someone with out leaning forward to get around the belly

banananut
03-17-2012, 05:45 PM
these are all so good and all so similar to mine! lol. i second everyone on the taking millions of pictures. oh i can't wait!!! also i can't wait to be able to go in my closet and just pick something to wear without worrying what i will look like. i would love to just put on a cute skirt and tank top during the summer time. clothes for me in the main motivation. i so badly just want to look good in what i wear and not have to cover up all the time. and be able to go to the beach instead of always making an excuse as to why i cant. thanks so much everyone for this thread! :)

sensualappeal
03-17-2012, 10:43 PM
i so badly just want to look good in what i wear and not have to cover up all the time. and be able to go to the beach instead of always making an excuse as to why i cant. thanks so much everyone for this thread! :)

I feel ya on this one!

UnderTheMoon
03-18-2012, 09:12 AM
I am going to get a nude self portrait, gothic style, to match my bedroom done by my favorite local artist. I want my snake wrapped around my neck and my hair flowing!

I also want to skinny dip!

tessendicott
03-18-2012, 12:42 PM
I was JUST going to say skinny dipping!
I don't think I can talk my boyfriend into it though. He's not much of a law breaker. hahaha