Support Groups - Slow Dancing With A Stranger {9} "March Madness"

Pages : [1] 2

K9Owner
03-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:
After much consideration, I have decided to start a thread for a unique group of losers.
Consider the following scenarios. If more than one apply to you, this just might be the thread you've been searching for:

:yes: This diet/lifestyle change is such a slow process for me, even losing 0.5 lbs or 1kg is a struggle.
:yes: I am frequently changing up different foods in my plan because what I ate worked last week, but it's not working this week.
:yes: One week, I ate everything on plan and gained weight, but another week I pigged out and LOST! WTH??
:yes: I've been at a plateau for so long, it's my new middle name!
:yes: I do ____ for exercise, but my body becomes used to the workout, and I am frequently having to switch up my routine to continue to see results.
:yes: I have been On Plan for so many days/weeks/months without seeing a downward scale movement, I'm ready to QUIT!

Well, before you rush right off and toss your stilettos, platforms, pumps, or boots in the closet, come have a "Slow Dance" with me! I often feel like I am a stranger in my own body, because I am constantly having to change up food and exercise and my scale still doesn't budge. This is not a challenge, but more of a daily accountability, support group, & learning experience all rolled up in one!

I will start a new thread 2 times a month (around the 1st and 15th of the month) to reflect progress, accomplishments, and/or set backs! Feel free to post food choices, exercise routines, motivational words of wisdom, or anything else you feel lead to share.

Disclaimer: If you lose weight quickly and easily and have it all figured out, this is NOT the thread for you!

So, without further adieu....
May I have this dance?

K9Owner
03-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Appropriate name for all the "issues" we have been having lately, huh!!!
I am down 1.4 of the 5 lb gain!
Downward works for me!!!

I am off until Thurs. Then, it's back to work for a couple nites.
So glad it's not tonight. There is a FULL MOON!! :yikes:

Sum38
03-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Love the name Krystal! March madness is always fun time at our household. I don't know anything about the rankings, but always fill out my slip based on which name I like and the past 3 years I have been doing well and making my son sweat and mad :D

How is your lip doing Krystal? Any more swelling?

I had a great OP day...woohoo..scale stayed at 148 lbs. -- Body feels a bit tired. My Nordic Walk has upped my efforts, plus I did those lunges and legs are a bit sore.

K9Owner
03-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Kristiina: My lower lip tried to swell last week, but a quick Allegra + Prednisone 5mg knocked it right out. This is really really strange. I have NEVER had this happen before & now, all of a sudden, it's happened like 4 times since January!

Sum38
03-06-2012, 09:21 AM
That is wild...must be an allergy :( I hope your weight was down this am!

K9Owner
03-06-2012, 11:30 AM
:( I hope your weight was down this am!

Not today....
Maybe tomorrow.
I'm trying to be really patient.
If it were not all in my abdomen, I don't think I'd even have that big of an issue.
But every time I look down, all I see is a big belly! LOL I can't see my feet unless I suck in! :lol:

forloveofself
03-06-2012, 04:42 PM
KrystalIf it were not all in my abdomen, I don't think I'd even have that big of an issue.
But every time I look down, all I see is a big belly! LOL I can't see my feet unless I suck in!
haha, :) I know precisely what you mean, though I can see my feet, my belly is still in my way both physically, and psychologically. I don't even mind the surgery scars, just the bl**dy fat pockets there!
Hope your allergy is under control. Great choice "March Madness"

Hi alaskan, Hi Jo and all the missing

I don't know how often I'll be back here before I fly on Monday. I'm doing okay cal wise though not stellar. However, I have not weighed myself, and have decided not to before or during my Fla holiday. I don't want to grey my fun. I won't go crazy and over indulge, and I may just be able to get back to 179 lbs with all the extra walking i'll be doing!
Have a great week!

alaskanlaughter
03-07-2012, 02:44 AM
the site seems to work fine on my computer now....yesterday i upped the speed on my run...i did one mile without stopping at 5.0 instead of 4.7...then did another half mile at 5.0...i was aiming for a total of 2 miles but Just.Could.Not push out another half mile...i was bummed :( but i just didnt have it in me...i thought it was the new higher speed that wore me out early...turns out we're all getting sick...or perhaps the higher speed pushed my body over the edge into the virus that my kids have had...i dunno...but today ive been sick (still went to work though) and now DH is sick too

did not work out today...rested this morning because i had to work this afternoon..im feeling decent now..cooked dinner tonight, cleaned the kitchen, went to the store...but i think it's from the cold medicine...i'll sleep good tonight, see how tomorrow goes...perhaps just a nice walk on the highest incline instead of running

what struck me tonight was watching Biggest Loser...some of the girls on there weigh the same as me or less (195 and 184) and their body shapes are so completely different than mine...like my tummy is almost flat at 196 pounds and they're not...its just so weird how everyone is so different at the same weights....

K9Owner
03-07-2012, 08:37 AM
:wave: Hi Alaskan
I'm glad to see you're upping your :running:
Sorry to hear everyone is sick!! YUCK!
:getwell:

Down 2.4 lbs of water this a.m.
I'm up early and going to :running: outside, b/c there is a wind advisory from 10a-6p.
This should be interesting!!

:strong: is going to be saved until tonight.
I have a meeting today at 11a @ work. GROSS!!

Happi Hump Day Wednesday!

:dust: all around!!

Sum38
03-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Down another 1/2 pound: 147.5... gotta love these past TOM weeks. This week's weigh-in will feel good :D I am already down 2 pounds from last Friday....maybe another 1/2? Do I dare?:dizzy:

I am trying to fast today. -- I ate a jar of pickles (yes a JAR: I can't keep them around because I love them too much) and some olives last night right before bed and I feel swollen. -- Wonder if I had not eaten those how my weight would had been this morning :chin: I won't go the full 24 hours, because I snacked on those items around 8 pm, but I will go till 6 pm tonight.

I am VERY sore this morning. We did some side lunges (80) during our walk yesterday and using the poles add some upper body work out. -- Jo I was thinking, you should get some when you walk with your friend, because she goes a bit slower than you do, that way you would add some extra burn to your walks.

Krystal::woohoo: on that water loss....feels good, I bet!!

Alaskan Nice to see you! I hope you get over your cold soon! -- About body types. I carry my weight on belly/boobs/upper body...my GF who is about same height and weight carries on hips/thighs/legs...we joke that we make one hot woman together :D

Deb Good idea not to worry about your weigh in... Have FUN in Florida!!!

ETA: My sodium was 7,822 :eek:

jomatho
03-08-2012, 07:22 AM
Okay, I wrote this yesterday and forgot to submit it, :dizzy:
Hi girls, just checkin in, not much to report here. Just hanging out on the couch most days between my stuff I have to get done. It is killing me to not be working out. I cannot think of anything more aggravating to me at this point in the game. Grrrrrrrr. BUT, I am doing a good job maintaining. Even that kills me to write out loud, maintaining sucks when you have a lot of weight to still lose! When I look at the scale I tell myself it is for my healing butt. I am actually eating at a deficit every day, but seem to be maintaining, probably due to my spike, so I may not do that this week. Not sure it works for me without exercising???
I finally called the doctor back for an appt. While I am feeling better, I still don't feel "stable" enough to workout or do any heavy type work, so I figure I better get an x-ray to see what I am dealing with for sure. If I find out it is broken, I am doing the right thing. If it is not I will be getting off this dang couch whether it hurts or not. So the joke is on me because my Dr. is on vacation this week and I cannot get in until next Tues. :rofl: That will teach me to put off what I know I should do. So I chose Tues instead of Mon in case over the next week I am feeling a whole lot better :rofl: there I go again. . .
I have spent the last day or two doing a lot of research on IF. When something is brought to my attention more than 2-3 times in a couple days, I figure I should give it a look (thanks girls). I have to say, I am intrigued. I think I have a tendency to be a natural IFer and did not know it. I tend to not eat most days until between 11a-12p in the morning after my workouts and getting what needs to get done around the house. I also typically stop eating around 6p or 7p, depends on when DH gets home. If he is not home, I eat early. I am not a grazer by any means. The only thing I would need to change is my cup of coffee when I wake up because I use flavored creamer in it, so that would have to be moved to when I break the fast. I like the idea of my meals being a little bigger and still being able to keep the calories down due to the shorter window. So I have read up on Eat Stop Eat, Leangains 16/8, and fast five. I think the leangains sounds more like my natural patterns, but I wonder if this is more for gaining muscle, which I obviously cannot do right now. I like the ESE theory of missing some calories each fasting day to help with the deficit at the end of the week, but not sure I can make it 24hrs. Fast five seems like something right in the middle. What do you guys think? I don't know if it would benefit me weight loss wise any more than what I am doing now. Do you think most people go into it just because they like to eat bigger meals, or are they thinking it will help them lose weight? It still comes down to calories in/out. I am not sure I could do any of them and not count calories, but I think the goal is to not have to count anything, right?

Sum, tell me again what you are planning to do with IF.

Sum38
03-08-2012, 08:27 AM
When I was younger, I naturally just ate later in the afternoon and only a few meals and I was very thin. I somehow bought into this 3 meals 2 snacks theory, even tho it goes against what my body likes. I hate eating bfast, always have. And usually lunch comes too soon, and the snack in the middle just felt too much. But I followed it and did shed some weight.

I did my first, intentional, fast during my last TOM and I really liked it. I did my second fast yesterday. I did not eat for 19 hours and then I ate over 5 hour period and I really, really liked it.

So fast 5 sounds ideal for me.

It would be nice if I had a buddy Jo!

Because I liked it so much, I was planning on doing another 19 hour fast today and eat over 5 hour window.

I don't feel hungry, almost relieved that I don't have to eat that loathed bfast and I will be able to have nice large dinner later on.

jomatho
03-08-2012, 09:56 AM
When I was younger, I naturally just ate later in the afternoon and only a few meals and I was very thin. I somehow bought into this 3 meals 2 snacks theory, even tho it goes against what my body likes. I hate eating bfast, always have. And usually lunch comes too soon, and the snack in the middle just felt too much. But I followed it and did shed some weight.

I did my first, intentional, fast during my last TOM and I really liked it. I did my second fast yesterday. I did not eat for 19 hours and then I ate over 5 hour period and I really, really liked it.

So fast 5 sounds ideal for me.

It would be nice if I had a buddy Jo!

Because I liked it so much, I was planning on doing another 19 hour fast today and eat over 5 hour window.

I don't feel hungry, almost relieved that I don't have to eat that loathed bfast and I will be able to have nice large dinner later on.

You know I am always game for switching up what I am doing! I will be your buddy for sure. I know Krystal is interested too, after her race.
I actually purposefully did not eat yesterday until noonish, and was finished by around 6:30/7:00 and that fit right into my daily schedule easily, I think reducing that to 5 hours would be easy, and I would of course be flexible if need be. I skipped my coffee again today and will see where today takes me. Maybe I will just try to push it until about 1 today and see how that goes. I would love to be able to reap the benefits of a 24 hr fast, but I think I would have to be busier than a couch potato to do it.
Are you still counting calories?

Sum38
03-08-2012, 10:06 AM
WooHoo! It is a new game :)

I think I will count calories just to make sure I am getting enough of them. I had a nice snack yesterday and very nice dinner and I was stuffed. Calories were lowish....

Looking back, ideally I would like to eat my dinner around 3:30 pm and then have something light around 6 or 7.... family always complains when I do that because they want me eating with them....I think it was part of the reason for my weight gain....looking back a few years, I naturally went till 3 or later and then ate....family was fed around 5 and out of "guilt" to have a family dinner, I ate again and got fat....hmmmmm....

So, I guess I need to inform them that I will have a snack with them, but I will follow my gut....lol...and eat earlier.

jomatho
03-08-2012, 01:01 PM
WooHoo! It is a new game :)

I think I will count calories just to make sure I am getting enough of them. I had a nice snack yesterday and very nice dinner and I was stuffed. Calories were lowish....

Looking back, ideally I would like to eat my dinner around 3:30 pm and then have something light around 6 or 7.... family always complains when I do that because they want me eating with them....I think it was part of the reason for my weight gain....looking back a few years, I naturally went till 3 or later and then ate....family was fed around 5 and out of "guilt" to have a family dinner, I ate again and got fat....hmmmmm....

So, I guess I need to inform them that I will have a snack with them, but I will follow my gut....lol...and eat earlier.

I will probably still eat my larger meal when they eat on "normal" days, and on days where we have things going on, I will eat on my schedule as much as I can. So I will plan to eat "break-fast" around 1 or 2, then a small snack or meal when the kids get home around 3:30 or 4 (optional) and then dinner between 6 & 7. I will probably continue to count calories right now too. Are you planning to do any ESE/24 hour fasts? I am still considering combining ESE with Fast5. The reason I am attracted to ESE is to be able to cut some calories while I am not able to work out. With fast 5, I will still be eating the about the same amt. of calories I have been, but throwing a 24 hour in there once or twice a week would cut out some calories in a week. I know I can do it, it is just do I want to do it?

jomatho
03-08-2012, 01:07 PM
I got rid of that dang chart on my siggy, it was annoying me.

Sum, thanks so much, I just got back from the fruit market with a big ol jar of dill pickles thanks to you. I never buy pickles, but love the real dilly garlic ones that taste like home canned. I happened to be passing by the pickle display of all the local jarred pickles and couldn't resist. I would never have paid any attention to the display if you hadn't just talked about your pickle fest the other night. So thanks so much, NOT! I hope they are good!

berryblondeboys
03-08-2012, 02:45 PM

I know I'm not a welcome member to this thread, but just wanted to add that I totally get this. I came to the same conclusion recently. Since like always I have been hungry in the first part of the day, but would eat the most at the end of the day when we were all together as a family because that just seemed the right thing to do.

My husband and older son are definitely hungriest in the evening. They eat light all day. I'm opposite. I prefer to eat most earlier in the day. So, lately I have taken to eating most of my calories by 3:30 pm and if anything have some veggies at dinner while the rest of them eat. Waiting to eat until dinner just makes the day miserable for me - I think about food all day long and it tortures me to save calories for dinner. But it doesn't bother me at all to finish eating for the day by 4 pm and eat nothing until 7 am the next morning. It's like my stomach turns off after 4 pm if I've fed it well.

My older son doesn't like it and I think it bugs my mother in law, but my husband gets it.

When salad weather time comes soon, I'll just make huge salads for dinner, that will help with feeling I'm still part of dinner, but for now, it's all about what I need and not what they want from me. Doing that just made me fat.

Sum38
03-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Melissa, everyone is welcome here who struggle with her/his weigh loss :hug: We all seem to struggle with even small losses and are constantly trying something new, but not giving up. - I have, personally, gained a lot of strength and willpower from this thread. I am at my lowest weight in years right now. I know I don't have a lot to shed, but the next 20-25 pounds seem like 1000 to me. I guess the last are always the most difficult to achieve.

Jo, I was thinking about doing atleast one 24 hour fast per week; dinner to dinner. My Tuesdays and Wednesdays are my biggest pig out days, strange because most people struggle with weekends. ~ I think I hate being home alone; I miss my family... Mondays I am too busy getting all cleaned up and groceries bought etc. and then the lonely life without family hits me :D.... I used to do lunches with my girlfriends on those days, but I gave them up in December in hopes NOT to over eat; need to reconsider that aspect as well :lol: ~ Therefore I would pick one of those days. Just to keep me OP. What would be a good day for you? It would be easier to do it together, I think.

jomatho
03-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Melissa, everyone is welcome here who struggle with her/his weigh loss :hug: We all seem to struggle with even small losses and are constantly trying something new, but not giving up. - I have, personally, gained a lot of strength and willpower from this thread. I am at my lowest weight in years right now. I know I don't have a lot to shed, but the next 20-25 pounds seem like 1000 to me. I guess the last are always the most difficult to achieve.

Jo, I was thinking about doing atleast one 24 hour fast per week; dinner to dinner. My Tuesdays and Wednesdays are my biggest pig out days, strange because most people struggle with weekends. ~ I think I hate being home alone; I miss my family... Mondays I am too busy getting all cleaned up and groceries bought etc. and then the lonely life without family hits me :D.... I used to do lunches with my girlfriends on those days, but I gave them up in December in hopes NOT to over eat; need to reconsider that aspect as well :lol: ~ Therefore I would pick one of those days. Just to keep me OP. What would be a good day for you? It would be easier to do it together, I think.

Sum, I am game for any day right now. Once baseball starts, I would have to work around that. In the back of my mind, I was thinking Mon or Thurs (haha, the opposite of you), but really I don't think it matters to me, they are all equally as easy or hard depending on the day/week. So you pick the day and I will join you.
Yesterday I ate between 11a and 7p and today I ate between 2p and (will be) 7p. So the leangains method 16/8 and the fast5 are both doable for me. I actually enjoyed both days quite a bit. I will definitely have to watch my calories though, I think I could tend to go too low, especially if/when I can exercise. Not sure how it will feel with exercise involved either.

And I agree with Melissa, it is all about what we need right now, we have to put ourselves first with this, as Moms we are always putting our family first, living by their activities and schedules. If changing a little bit about the timing of our meals makes such a big difference for us, we should do that and do it without guilt.

Where is K9????????

I think Deb is on vacation right?

:wave: Hi Alaskan, great job with the running, I am so jealous!!!

Sum38
03-08-2012, 06:57 PM
hehe Jo Maybe we could try Monday and Thursday; that way I would not feel bad about eating more on T&W, and perhaps start meeting my much missed friends again on Tuesday or Wednesday, without any guilt. Win/win for both of us.

I did well today :) I started eating around 2 and I am just about done. I walked my pole walking; 5.4 miles and we did 150 reverse lunges. I am sore!! My legs are going to be sizzling hot by summer :D Now I wish I could do something about the fat roll above my butt :( My legs are starting to look good, and measurements are great...my butt itself is looking decent, BUT I have this roll of fat that sits right above my butt.... what to do? I know just time will remove it. It is literally a tire that goes around me.... it is on my back side and right around my belly button, like a spare tire :lol: :mad: I remember having it at 133 pounds.... I always look thick :(

Sum38
03-08-2012, 07:10 PM
And Jo if you want, we could try to do our first 24 fast tomorrow? Starting tonite; dinner to dinner....just to see how it goes. And no pickles allowed :lol:

jomatho
03-08-2012, 08:41 PM
And Jo if you want, we could try to do our first 24 fast tomorrow? Starting tonite; dinner to dinner....just to see how it goes. And no pickles allowed :lol:

Let's do this! :carrot: it feels strange to be excited about not eating instead of eating for a change!
Good news, I don't care for the pickles I bought, the kids are eating them for me! :lol:

jomatho
03-08-2012, 08:44 PM
It's kinda strange Krystal hasn't checked in the last couple days. I haven't been looking at my status updates on MFP, has she been posting meal diaries and exercise logs??? She wasn't supposed to work until tonight....

Where are you girlie?????

Eta, okay, I am just imagining things, she just popped in yesterday. Just not as vocal as usual I guess, miss you K9!

Sum38
03-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Okee Jo, our fast day is here.:cp: -- I will miss my half and half on these days. I loathe black coffee.

I brewed a pot of green tea and rosehip tea. I will enjoy it hot at first and then as ice tea later. I am armed with bubbly water as well. I think if I keep drinking all day long (well that sounded like fun :hat:), I will fight through the hunger episodes that will hit me around 2 or 3 pm. Dinner is planned at 6 pm.
I am prepping it this morning, that way i will just pop it in the oven and I avoid the pre dinner sampling. I am ready :D
Good luck Jo! :hug:

I had my lowest official weigh in; 147.5 :dance: I saw 146.5 one morning, 2+ weeks ago, but maybe I was dehydrated... I am hoping to reach 145 lbs by the end of this month.

I don't know if i should do my walk with my :drill: today.... atleast not add the poles and lunges, what do you think?

I think Krystal was working last night? -- She picked up some extra shifts last weekend, and I think she was back to her "normal" schedule.

I hope Deb is having fun under the sun. :sunny:

jomatho
03-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Okee Jo, our fast day is here.:cp: -- I will miss my half and half on these days. I loathe black coffee.

I brewed a pot of green tea and rosehip tea. I will enjoy it hot at first and then as ice tea later. I am armed with bubbly water as well. I think if I keep drinking all day long (well that sounded like fun :hat:), I will fight through the hunger episodes that will hit me around 2 or 3 pm. Dinner is planned at 6 pm.
I am prepping it this morning, that way i will just pop it in the oven and I avoid the pre dinner sampling. I am ready :D
Good luck Jo! :hug:

I had my lowest official weigh in; 147.5 :dance: I saw 146.5 one morning, 2+ weeks ago, but maybe I was dehydrated... I am hoping to reach 145 lbs by the end of this month.

I don't know if i should do my walk with my :drill: today.... atleast not add the poles and lunges, what do you think?

I think Krystal was working last night? -- She picked up some extra shifts last weekend, and I think she was back to her "normal" schedule.

I hope Deb is having fun under the sun. :sunny:

:yay: we are already 15 hours in, 9ish to go!!!
YES, I miss my coffee the most too. I am a flavored creamer girl, so I miss the cream and sweetness. I am sipping a black cup right now and it is so icky, but I just miss that hot cup and although I drink tea occasionally, it is just not the same.

As for your walk, I say do what feels good. Lots of people have great workouts while fasting. Still not sure how you do all those lunges anyways. Lunges are my nemesis! I feel they are the best move you can do if you had to pick one though, so good for you!!!!!!

Yup, I have dinner all planned out, just going to broil some fish filets and throw in some sweet potato fries or tator tots with it and a salad, maybe a veg. No fuss. I am a sampler while I cook too. I cook by taste, but I also like to nibble while I cook :o

Yesterday you were talking about your "spare tire". I wonder if you will see a difference with IF. There is evidence that you can burn much more fat while eating the same amt. of calories and still maintain your lean muscle. I hope you do! I have a lot of fat left on my hips and stomach too :(. If not, there is always liposuction during your tummy tuck :rofl:

Awesome on the low weigh in :carrot:

My scale appears as if it may want to move this week too. I know weigh ins can be up and down especially with ESE though, so we should be cautiously optimistic :D

Sum38
03-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Just checking in how you are doing Jo? I am going pretty strong. I was hungry after my walk and 150 lunges :lol: but it passed.
I won't get 24 hours in but 23.... Cam has baseball and snowboarding in his plans and he needs an early dinner.

jomatho
03-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Just checking in how you are doing Jo? I am going pretty strong. I was hungry after my walk and 150 lunges :lol: but it passed.
I won't get 24 hours in but 23.... Cam has baseball and snowboarding in his plans and he needs an early dinner.

I am hanging in there! So far only a couple insignificant rumbles from my stomach, although I find myself thinking about food here and there :lol:
Depending on when DH gets home, mine will probably be a little shy by a half hour or hour too, but in my mind it will be 24 hours ;)
I find myself thinking about you a lot today!!!
Glad you got in a good workout.
Important question: how much are you going to eat tonight?

Sum38
03-09-2012, 04:09 PM
I already made a plan (cause I am looking forward to that meal :lol:).... Salad with feta, tomatoes and some left over pork tenderloin, avocado and salmon. A little bit of olive oil to cook salmon in and salad dressing for the salad. About 750-800 calories.
ETA: I decided to go with avocado and salmon for their healthy fatty content.

Sum38
03-09-2012, 04:17 PM
...and I am hoping to stop there. Tomorrow I will have a normal day. If I don't feel like eating before noon, I won't, but if I do I will :)

jomatho
03-09-2012, 04:19 PM
I was thinking around 800 cals too. I am just getting worried about not eating enough. I was wondering what to eat tomorrow too, I guess I will just eat normally tomorrow. Maybe after a week I will get a feel for how many calories I am taking in and adjust from there.

Sum38
03-09-2012, 04:28 PM
I think I will aim at least 1400 cal for tomorrow, and if I work out, I will eat some of those calories back as well.

I feel really good today. Not shaky, or sick to my stomach.

It has been kinda of a long day, and I have thought about you as well :) Definitely kept me going!

I think I have drained two pots of green tea. These next few hours will be trying times. -- They say it will get easier over time.

jomatho
03-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Okay, I am hungry now!
I don't think it is helping right now that the kids are home raiding the pantry and asking about dinner. Oh, and I thought I had fish filets but I don't so I will have to find something else easy from the freezer. . .I will have those sweet potatoes though, been looking forward to those all day. And a big salad, mmmm
In the last stretch now and I will make it. I have felt surprisingly well too.
I figured out (duh) if I eat 1600 tomorrow and 800 today, it is like 1200 each day, which makes me feel better about things. Plus the benefits of fasting to boot!
I think I would have caved around 2 or 3 if I was doing this alone. I would have thought, what the heck, good enough. But I knew you were right there with me so I kept on a going :hug:

Sum38
03-09-2012, 06:12 PM
We made it! :high: I could have never done it without you, Jo. :hug:

I did not even finish my entire dinner, I was stuffed. -- I wanted to shovel that food into my mouth, but I intentionally ate like a proper lady :spin:

This may have been a tough day, but this may be a great thing in a long run curbing my appetite.

jomatho
03-09-2012, 06:23 PM
covering my ears! I haven't eaten yet! Still waiting for DH to call, he had to make a stop on the way home, ugh. Although, in reality, I wasn't done eating last night until 6:30 so I am still well within my 24 hours. . .

Sum38
03-10-2012, 09:30 AM
So how do you feel Jo? -- I feel great! My scale went down 1 pound. :cheer: I am sure it probably won't stick, but it just feels good that I emptied my system of all extra food and now starting afresh.

146.5 lbs :carrot: I saw it once after Winter Park trip before TOM started acting up. -- I am totally motivated to follow IF now, it just seems to go with my system. I can't believe that 145, potentially, could be achieved by Friday. That is my 1/2 way point and 20 pound loss mark. -- I am literally maybe 3 pounds away from all my 8's fitting. They give me a slight muffin top, I just hate any spillage :lol: I am starting to swim on my 10's and I need to belt them up.

So plan for today is to wait to eat until I feel like it. My guess it will be around 1 pm. I am sipping green tea instead of coffee; I can't drink it black :coffee:

What is your plan?

where is Krystal? I miss her!!!

jomatho
03-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Morning Sum!
I feel weird today. I woke up feeling very hungry and weak. I got up and laid down on the couch and fell back to sleep until 9:30. That is soooo not like me. I took a muscle relaxer last night after dinner and I think it is kicking my butt. The dosage says 3x per day, so I would think it would be gone by now, but that's the only thing I can think of. So I just ate my normal breakfast and I am uncomfortably full :?: Weird!
Last night when I started eating I felt as if I could binge, so I can see how that would be a problem for people. I ate what I planned and was still pretty hungry, but I let it ride and I think the muscle relaxer knocked me out before I could do anything about it :lol:
My scale is down a little over a pound the last couple days, but since last week this time, I am only down a few ounces. Still bouncing around the same pounds over and over again. I may show a little loss tomorrow on my tickers, but I honestly cannot remember if I raised them when I gained or not, so it may look better than it is :dizzy:
I like the whole process with fasting and eating but I am not sure my system is used to it yet. It is supposed to give your digestion a break but I feel like mine is going on a vacation. That is so not like me, I am pretty darn regular. So I have to figure out how to remedy that.
So with all that in mind, I am eating regularly timed meals today, aiming for about 1300-1500 calories. Not sure what I will do tomorrow.
Just sipping on my delicious coffee now man, I miss that!!!

jomatho
03-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Sum, I almost forgot, :cp::congrat::cp: on that pound, you are cruising now, keep it up!

Looks like Krystal worked again last night, so she is probably sleeping. Hopefully she is done now for a few days and can join in on our fun!

Hope Deb is loading up on Vitamin D!!!!

K9Owner
03-11-2012, 03:59 AM
:wave: Hellooooo!!! Gosh, it is so glad to be missed!!
This is the 1st time I have looked at this site in like 3 days! That is the longest time I've been unaccountable since last April. I have missed each of you dearly!!!

I am not off the wagon--I am up 6 lbs on the scale, but it is from lactic acid and pizza last Wednesday. IDK how long it will take for my legs to go down. They were burning so badly Thurs & Fri from lifting Wednesday night. I just wanted to cry!! Add a very, VERY busy 2 nights at work and you have set me up for a great time to SLEEP!!

I literally slept for 12 hours Saturday! The whole dang day!!!

I have been eating at maintenance cals, and even though I had no idea you 2 were fasting, I was fasting myself :lol:
We have a link I tell you!!

So, my fast started at 8am Saturday morning and ended at midnight Saturday night--so 16hrs. THe only regret I have is that a RN had a whole bag of mini Crunch bars and I ate 8--YES EIGHT (OCHO) (KAHDEKSAN) of them!! Like 500 cals worth of friggin chocolate!

Another thing, I have NOT been drinking my 64 oz of water a day like I'm supposed to, which has me all screwed up!

So, Sunday--DH and I are going to Nashville for the day/night. I want to go to LuLu Lemon and the main reason--to walk/run the 1/2 Mary course!!! :yay:
I am getting really excited about my race, but I am scared b/c I have been running on that darn treadmill!
So, 4 hrs in the car for me each way!!

No Spike for me this wknd, I had that Wednesday with the :jeno: fest!!!

Happi Sunday!! Enjoy Daylight Savings Time!! I love this time!! 1 hour CLOSER to summer :sunny:

:wave: Hi Melissa!! So glad to see you :)

alaskanlaughter
03-11-2012, 04:06 AM
i am here :) ive had a very busy week and we've all been a little sick...i took two days off from the treadmill this week because my throat hurt so bad :( but on thursday i walked for 45 minutes at a 15% incline up to 3.8 speed, no running because i didnt want to tax my body too much...on friday i ran one mile at 5.0, which is up from the usual 4.7 that ive been at for a month or more...it's HARD to run at 5.0 and takes every inch of willpower to push out a mile without stopping...so did that and then walked incline for the rest of the 45 minutes...today i ran a mile and a half at 5.0 with a minute walk break between the mile and the half mile...omggg HARD! and then incline walked for the rest of the 45 minutes...im SO SORE lol

K9Owner
03-11-2012, 04:12 AM
This week, I work Thurs, Sat, Sun :faint:
This extra time SUX!!

Sum38
03-11-2012, 08:48 AM
I am so upset with myself :mad:

I have been living in total isolation for the past 3 months. I wanted it that way, I wanted to focus on my health and weigh loss and my social life was not good friend what came to my weight loss journey.

I miss my friends dearly and stay in touch via phone etc. but I have been avoiding all face to face contact.

My friends decided to pop in last night, because they basically said enough is enough and wanted to see me.

So they brought wine, cocktail meatballs, cheese, nut trailmix and fruit.... I drained a bottle of wine, ate all night long. I don't even know how many calories worth but I am guessing 2500-3000 calories.

We played cards and, talked and laughed...it was REALLY nice, but I can't slip back into my old ways.

How do you handle social life and friends? -- All my friends love to eat and enjoy wine... I miss my friends, but I am afraid of seeing them :(

Scale was 148...I thought for sure I would be over 150.

Sum38
03-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Jo... I can't handle muscle relaxes either. They usually make me tired for 36 hours. Tylenal PM does the same.

Krystal; I missed you!! :hug: 7 pounds? I am so sorry! That is so mentally draining to see that!

jomatho
03-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Sum, sorry about the great time you had last night, that sounds really funny, but I worded it that way on purpose. You had a great time with your friends. You don't do that every day and it is life. I think we have to keep in our minds this is going to happen both during our weight loss journey and in maintenance. If you were in maintenance, you probably wouldn't think anything of it, even if you gained a few, and you would get right back to plan and that weight would fall off. So you do the same thing now. You didn't gain and maybe you would have lost a little more if you hadn't indulged, but you have to get right back to plan today and continue on. And if you do gain a little, it will fall back off. If you don't gain, great, continue on with the losing. I know it is so much easier for me to say, but looking from the outside in is much easier to see how minor it is in the grand scheme. Just don't let it turn into an all the time thing. Maybe you should think about doing it once a month and plan for a fast before and after to make up for the calories. I don't know if that sounds appealing to you or not, but just a suggestion. I am here for you and we are going to finish this thing if it takes us another year! :hug:
If it makes you feel any better, I had seconds at dinner last night of both my salad and the main dish! I have to go back and adjust my diary to reflect the extra cals, but oh well. And, I am back up those 1.5-2 pounds on the scale this morning, so even worse than what you faced! It sucks, yes, but will I quit, NO!
So my plan today is to eat normally again, get in an early dinner so I can fast until dinner Monday. Are you with me? We can do this. I bet you will still see a loss this week, kind of like what a Spike day does for you.

Sum38
03-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Absolutely Jo. I feel bloated and yucky today. -- I will eat dinner around 5 pm that way I feel I can "cheat" one hour tomorrow :lol:

Thanks for the suggestions....I wish everything did not evolve around food and wine with my friends. I wish we could do walks etc :(

alaskanlaughter
03-11-2012, 05:35 PM
good morning :) well i guess it's afternoon by now lol....we are all very tired today and im totally blaming the daylight savings time change...ughh...i slept in this morning which felt good, now DH is asleep again...both kids are tired, my younger son and his cousin, who's been over since yesterday with us...my son is 5 and his cousin is 7...ive spent the morning in my lazy clothes and am doing laundry....i cleaned up the boys' disgusting bathroom, cleaned up the living room and did other random cleaning stuff around here...laundry will take all day...DH is leaving for a business trip tomorrow morning early and sundays are laundry days so he'll leave with nice clean clothes...

i love those days when i can just stay home and the house is clean and quiet and im getting chores done...i need to make a stop at the store in awhile, hoping they have the bookshelf in that we want to get, will need to take the truck...

im not working out today...sundays just mentally arent for working out for me..it's strange, i can work out any other day of the week just fine, no matter how busy i am or what's going on, but on sundays i just have ZERO motivation or desire to run...so i'm calling it a rest day....my shoulders have been really sore too, im assuming from running

Sum38
03-12-2012, 06:51 AM
I took a head start Jo :D

We went out to bfast yesterday (it was planned beforehand)... I ordered an omelet. I felt yucky almost right away and I thought it was because of night before...BUT turns out they use flour in their baked omelet :mad: And because I have Ceiliac and I was up for a "fun" evening and night. UGH!

So this fast will be great, get me all cleaned up :lol: -- I am sure I will be starving by 3 or 4... I will go as late as I can, tho.

jomatho
03-12-2012, 08:07 AM
I took a head start Jo :D

We went out to bfast yesterday (it was planned beforehand)... I ordered an omelet. I felt yucky almost right away and I thought it was because of night before...BUT turns out they use flour in their baked omelet :mad: And because I have Ceiliac and I was up for a "fun" evening and night. UGH!

So this fast will be great, get me all cleaned up :lol: -- I am sure I will be starving by 3 or 4... I will go as late as I can, tho.

First of all, who puts flour in an omelet??? I have never heard of that, ever. Sorry you had to find out the hard way.

Well, I got a late start and will not be done until 6:30 or so :( I will live vicariously through you this afternoon.

I ended up spiking again yesterday. I had such chocolate cravings and that led to a baked potato and the rest just went from there. So I don't know how mixing spiking with fasting will go, but I feel awful this morning so I am definitely fasting until dinner. Oh, and looked at my tracker and I am ovulating (tomorrowish) so that would explain the scale being stubborn and the cravings and whatever else DH has blamed me of the last couple days. Darn ovulation is worse than PMS for me.
DH sprung on me at the last minute this morning there is a speaker he would like me to bring DS out to tonight and/or possibly stay myself if I thought I could sit on bleachers (right!). So now I am not sure what I will do about eating. I have to talk with him later to get the details on time and all.

I am going to do some kind of workout this week! My doctors appointment is tomorrow so hopefully she can help guide me. I am feeling much better, but am keeping that appt. so I have some answers as to what is wrong.

Did I mention I hate the Monday after time change? :devil:

jomatho
03-12-2012, 08:08 AM
good morning :) well i guess it's afternoon by now lol....we are all very tired today and im totally blaming the daylight savings time change...ughh...i slept in this morning which felt good, now DH is asleep again...both kids are tired, my younger son and his cousin, who's been over since yesterday with us...my son is 5 and his cousin is 7...ive spent the morning in my lazy clothes and am doing laundry....i cleaned up the boys' disgusting bathroom, cleaned up the living room and did other random cleaning stuff around here...laundry will take all day...DH is leaving for a business trip tomorrow morning early and sundays are laundry days so he'll leave with nice clean clothes...

i love those days when i can just stay home and the house is clean and quiet and im getting chores done...i need to make a stop at the store in awhile, hoping they have the bookshelf in that we want to get, will need to take the truck...

im not working out today...sundays just mentally arent for working out for me..it's strange, i can work out any other day of the week just fine, no matter how busy i am or what's going on, but on sundays i just have ZERO motivation or desire to run...so i'm calling it a rest day....my shoulders have been really sore too, im assuming from running

I'm with you, I don't really like working out on Sundays either. Hope you got all the laundry done and I agree, time change is the :devil:

K9Owner
03-12-2012, 09:38 AM
Very quick post from me before my morning run in Nashville :)

I just love it here! The weather is awesome, the people are awesome, the shopping is out of this world (compared to Memphis--what isn't??)!!!

I think I have overeaten breakfast! UGH!

I managed a 5.3 mile run yesterday. I could have gone longer, but I was out of road! I didn't run downtown where the 1/2 Mary will be. It is mostly UPHILL!! :tantrum: This is going to really suck. I seriously will be doing good to walk this race.

Last night, we ate at Margaritaville. I overate. Oh well. DH and I NEVER go out to eat anymore. I had 2 Pina Coladas, 1 crabcake, a couple of onion rings, and a few nachos from his plate. The experience wasn't the same as when I went to the Margaritaville in Cozumel :lol: Nashville doesn't have the Caribbean as a backyard!

JO: You should be just fine with spiking and fasting. Many of MFP do this and are successful.

KRISTIINA: That is a tough line to draw with your friends. 1. You're so tempted just by being around the lifestyle. 2. They expect for you to partake in food and drink with them. 3. You have your own goals, but you want & need to participate in the social realm.
I think you could find a balance, despite the temptations.

ALASKAN: :yay: on your running!! I am so excited and impressed. No doubt you are setting yourself up for success with a 5K!! You can do it :)

Gotta scram. I am running and then shopping today before heading back home.
I wish we could have stayed 3 or 4 days here. Have a great Monday everyone!
Oh, I'm going to Trader Jo's for the first time later on. What should I buy? We don't have one in Memphis.

K9Owner
03-12-2012, 11:42 AM
First of all, who puts flour in an omelet??? I have never heard of that, ever.

:barf:

YUCK! Who does that??

alaskanlaughter
03-12-2012, 11:48 AM
good morning :) my cough/cold keeps lingering and/or returning, not sure which...i'll feel fine for a day, then sick for a morning, fine that afternoon, coughing at night etc...i felt fine all day and began coughing last night, still coughing this morning

had to get up extra early on this time change monday (ugh) because DH had to be at the airport by 6 a.m. for a business trip...he'll be back in a few days...it's still dark out but looks like it might NOT rain today!! my bike is in working order again, thanks to DH who pulled it out and got it ready for me to ride again...it was SO NICE outside yesterday until literally the time i came home with a tire pump and it started pouring rain and slush...i'd like to ride my bike this morning but it's also really cold...i have a hard time working out when i'm cold, my bones and joints just feel old and creaky and it never goes well...i know i'll be at the gym later, like it or not LOL

time to go wake the kids up for school :)

Sum38
03-12-2012, 11:51 AM
I KNOW!! They make these FAB baked omelets and I guess they add a table spoon or two with milk in the batter to make it "fluffier". Self raising flour :mad:

What ticks me off; when the waitress asked if I wanted pancakes or toast, I said I have a gluten allergy and if I could have something else like tomatoes or hash browns... she never informed me that the omelet had flour.

jomatho
03-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Sum, now you have me craving an omelet! Course, 18 hours into a fast, lots of things start to sound delish. How's it going for you today?
I have a headache that I think is more related to hormones than fasting, but I may have to cut it short because of it. I'm still going for now though...

Krystal, glad you are having a great time! That sux about the uphill race route :(

Alaskan, I had to chuckle about the creaky bones, right there with ya!

Sum38
03-12-2012, 02:14 PM
I am ovulating as well Jo...lol And I have a slight headache as well. But I am doing quite well, no real hunger. Today I am having a lot easier time than I did on Friday.

Have fun shopping Krystal!

:wave: Alaskan!

jomatho
03-12-2012, 03:13 PM
I am ovulating as well Jo...lol And I have a slight headache as well. But I am doing quite well, no real hunger. Today I am having a lot easier time than I did on Friday.

Have fun shopping Krystal!

:wave: Alaskan!

Okay, I just realized that with the time change, I am not as far along as I thought I was :( I was thinking about how fast this day has passed by and then it hit me :lol:
I don't think I want to eat as late as 7/7:30, so I will probably go for about 22 hours or so today and eat around 5:30. Still a good one.

Sum38
03-12-2012, 03:29 PM
I think that is awesome Jo! 22 hrs is nothing to sneeze at :D
I sort of started IF last week, and this fasting "thing" is getting easier. I have no hunger nor cravings.... strange (for me :lol:) I think I will follow 19 h fast and 5 h eating window for Tuesday and Wednesday and do 22-24 hour fast on Thursday. -- I started following a thread called eat-stop-eat here at 3FC and what I gather, fasting gets easier over time.

I think we are doing AWESOME, and I am soooo happy you are doing this with me. It really helps! I keep thinking about you and your cravings and I don't want to let you down. :hug:

ETA: Can't wait when Krystal can join us!!

jomatho
03-12-2012, 04:24 PM
I think that is awesome Jo! 22 hrs is nothing to sneeze at :D
I sort of started IF last week, and this fasting "thing" is getting easier. I have no hunger nor cravings.... strange (for me :lol:) I think I will follow 19 h fast and 5 h eating window for Tuesday and Wednesday and do 22-24 hour fast on Thursday. -- I started following a thread called eat-stop-eat here at 3FC and what I gather, fasting gets easier over time.

I think we are doing AWESOME, and I am soooo happy you are doing this with me. It really helps! I keep thinking about you and your cravings and I don't want to let you down. :hug:

ETA: Can't wait when Krystal can join us!!

I know, I always think, "well, Kristiina is doing it too"!
Oooh, maybe I will pop into that thread too one of these days. I have been engrossed in an old closed thread (probably the same people) that came up when I searched for IF.
I have to say today has been a pc. of cake. Not sure if it is because I spiked yesterday or if it is just truly getting easier, but today I am gooooood! Oh and that dull headache is gone, bonus!
I was thinking the same, a smaller window the next two days, probably 5 also, and then fast again Thursday. I will have to make plans for the weekend too so it doesn't turn out to be a wash. I don't think I am going to spike again until I can get some workouts under my belt.
I was just working out my calorie needs (again). Seems like I am always tweaking my calorie needs. It is hard right now without working out. Hoping for good suggestions from my doctor tomorrow :crossed:

Sum38
03-12-2012, 08:14 PM
I did it, but my dinner was not the best. -- We had no formal dinner plans because everyone was going at different directions and I ended up making nachos for myself :o I feel really full, even though I did not eat THAT much.
How are you Jo?

So 5 hour eating window for tomorrow?

What time is your doctor appointment tomorrow? Do you think it is broken?

jomatho
03-12-2012, 09:29 PM
I did it, but my dinner was not the best. -- We had no formal dinner plans because everyone was going at different directions and I ended up making nachos for myself :o I feel really full, even though I did not eat THAT much.
How are you Jo?

So 5 hour eating window for tomorrow?

What time is your doctor appointment tomorrow? Do you think it is broken?

Yes! Plan for 5 hours tomorrow.
I ate at about the 22 hour mark today (I think, got tired of calculating it :lol:)
I had a huge 1000 calorie salad :o I was still hungry a little while later so then had a couple hard boiled eggs and a fiber one brownie. Now I am full full full!
Yes, my appt. is tomorrow at 2:40. Ironically (or not) I feel great today. I am actually starting to be able to sit straight in a chair and (almost) lean back. Yes, I do believe it is broken. I am noticing some pain now mid/lower back when I try to bend back. I think this is where I hit the step behind me when my butt hit. I hope there is nothing wrong there. At this point, I want to know where it is injured/broken and how long and what type of recovery to expect. Hopefully I can find out that much. My doctor is really a minimalist, so I hope she takes it seriously.
I am going to try to go outside for a walk tomorrow and see how it feels. I don't think easy walking will be too jarring to inhibit healing. My friends neck is doing better and she wants to get back to walking Thursday. I really hope I can. I miss those 400 calorie + burns and the resulting "buzz" from it :lol:
Nachos sound delish! I think that is like pizza, there's a lot of healthy stuff that goes on top so how bad can it be? What type of chips do you eat to avoid gluten? Speaking of which, how are you feeling?

K9Owner
03-13-2012, 06:39 AM
Gosh, I sooooo wanna be doing IF right now, but when???
That's the question!
If I had an exclusive schedule @ work, it would be so much easier.
If I weren't training for this 1/2 Mary, it would be so much easier!!
This too shall pass...
In May, after this race, I am hopefully going to Lake Tahoe for a week.
Then afterwards, I'm seriously doing a lower carb, high protein, IF, heavy lifting routine!!
I'm considered "skinny fat" atm, & I hate the way I look & I HATE that terminology!!

K9Owner
03-13-2012, 07:49 AM
Have you girls heard of Finding Your Body Type (http://www.findyourbodytype.com/)? I came across it last week while looking through some YouTube vids. I had not heard of it until then and am becoming increasingly interested in it for a couple of reasons.
For starters, the "thyroid type" seems to fit me almost perfectly!
My limbs stay extremely cold. I tend to gain weight all over when I gain. I constantly eat carbs & sugar & need regular afternoon naps. I have had the brittle nail thing my whole life until recently & my hair has always been on the dry side, except for if I go without washing it for a couple days.

All of this led me to the benefits of coconut oil (http://www.coconut-info.com/coconut_oil_why_it_is_good_for_you.htm) for this body type. I bought some at Whole Foods Monday when I was in Nashville. I'm not expecting leaps and bounds results, but I'm optimistic.

The book suggests a thyroid detox, which if you all remember, I did a detox last year after my cruise. I couldn't really see the benefits of it on the outward appearance, but who knows what it did internally. I didn't have my liver enzymes drawn before and after, so….who knows.

I also haven't restarted taking any supplements since being off of it for almost 3 months.

Sum38
03-13-2012, 07:56 AM
Ovulation is here, yay :mad: scale jumped to 150. Oh well, I am learning to accept these hormonal ups. I also woke up middle of the night and I was super thirsty. I gulped down 30 oz of water, so I am sure my "real" morning weight is lower :lol:

I am doing 19 hour fast, except I am putting a tiny splash of cream in my morning coffee....

My joints are on fire from eating that gluten :( I hope these toxin leave my body soon, I have been just sitting around and waiting for this to pass. It is supposed to be absolutely gorgeous here today....I have not been able to walk for a few days, I am going to try to take a gentle walk today.

Krystal...lake Tahoe! We are considering moving there once Cam is done with high school. I am so jealous of your trip! I feel that I need more toning and sculpting. I am not happy how my body is looking either. My legs are looking very nice from walking, but my tummy and arms...ugh! I feel I don't have enough time....I should cut my walks a bit shorter and utilize our home gym. I have just lacked motivation on weight lifting department. I started walking with the poles in hopes for some toning. I just want to get down to 140 and I feel if I was in my normal BMI range, I would feel better....right now I am just focused on this extra flap :D

K9Owner
03-13-2012, 08:16 AM
I have all of my faculties on charge--including, the Ant, the iPhone, and the Garmin!

Hey--It's :carrot: NO EXCUSES TUESDAY!!! :carrot:

Get Out There!!!

K9Owner
03-13-2012, 08:20 AM
Ovulation is here, yay :mad: scale jumped to 150.

Hey, meeee toooo!!
A couple more days, and I am PRAYING for a miracle of some type of water deflation!
I took a Colon Cleanser Sunday and Monday & have successfully upped my water intake back to where it should be.
By Friday, we shall see where I am.
Down to a whopping 146.2 (-0.8). I'll take that.
I still can't believe 2 weeks ago I was 1.8 lbs away from my 1st goal :tantrum:

Also, on a different note, I went to LuluLemon while I was in Nashville and got a new Sports Bra (http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/women-sports-bras/Adjust-Me-Bra?cc=4249&skuId=3440900&catId=uswwearit1), just for the 1/2. I also bought a pair of running socks. I keep getting blisters on my feet despite different shoes. So, we'll try the socks to see if that's it. I've already lost a toenail with my previous 6 miler :barf: I know that's TMI, sorry! :lol:

jomatho
03-13-2012, 08:32 AM
Good morning gals. I have a feeling ovulation has passed for me but I will not hold my breath. My scale is down a few back to normal since spiking so who knows if it is just normal after spike fluctuation or after ovulation fluctuation. I will wait and see what it does in the next couple days. Oh, and I just remembered I was lower carb yesterday since I was focusing on getting in enough protein after my fast so that could be it too. I am slightly encouraged anyhow. I have been burned so many times before, it is hard to get excited :?:.
Planning fast 5 today, but may have to be a little more flexible due to my doctors appt. right in the beginning of my window. I guess I will determine how hungry I am an hour before and go from there, may turn into more of a 16/8 or a 18/6:dizzy:. I would love to go in fasting to see what my vitals are, and also I would show a big loss from January since I was post binging for 2 weeks then :lol:

Krystal, I think there are a lot of people that fast for only one or two days per week. You could just do it at the tail end of a shift and sleep through most of it or do it on one of your days off. Also, many people do shorter fasts every day like leangains you were talking about. That would be good if you want to do body recomp.

I am with you guys on wanting to "shape up" but I get so defeated when I read about not being able to build muscle when in a calorie deficit. I just workout and eat with the intent of keeping the muscle I have and figure I will work on building when I am able to eat at maintenance or above. It takes time. Krystal, you are probably right about there. Most people start when they have just a few more pounds to take off. They start building muscle and the last pounds of fat fall off. The scary thing is raising your calories to maintenance levels. Oh, and I hardly believe you are skinny fat, whatever. All the working out you do I am sure you are very athletic.
Interesting about the body type, may have to check that out. I have been sporadically using coconut oil for a while now, but nothing consistent.

Sum, so sorry you are having joint issues, that sucks especially with the nice weather. I am sure the combination of drinking that water and the salt from those nachos is what has your scale up today. Make sure you are running to the bathroom all day today to get rid of it!
Hehe, I had to chuckle, I put a little cream in my coffee this morning too! I feel so much better. I kept reading about making sure to keep drinks under 50 calories, so I kept it to about 25 and it is not as good as regular, but sooooo much better than black or nothing at all! Something about that hot cup of coffee in the morning :coffee: And by the way, I have to force myself to work out with weights too. I would rather run for an hour than lift weights. What is up with that? Once I am done lifting though, I love the feeling so it is worth it.

K9Owner
03-13-2012, 12:18 PM
IT WAS TOTALLY THE SOCKS!!!
For all the serious runners on this site, I HIGHLY suggest LuLuLemon's socks (http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/women-socks-and-underwear/Womens-Ultimate-Padded-Run-Sock?cc=0002&skuId=3432038&catId=women-socks-and-underwear)!
They ROCK!!
No blisters. No sliding. Just pure COMFORT!
So worth the $14USD!

Oh, and this bra ROCKS too!! I don't know how I managed before!!!
I NEVER felt it during the entire run! My girls stayed in place. No bouncing. No chaffing. Just pure COMFORT!

Here's a little bonus for all of you protein drink/shakes junkies...splurge and buy some Xanthan/Xanthax Gum. OMG!! have I been hiding under a rock this whole time or does everyone EXCEPT me already use this in their shakes??? 1/2 tsp of Holy Creamy Yumminess!!!

alaskanlaughter
03-13-2012, 01:50 PM
good morning :) i use xanthan gum in my shakes and smoothies...just dont overuse it because it turns it into more "glue" than "creamy"...i learned that the hard way LOL also good for thickening gravies and puddings without dumping in flour or cornstarch...

i still have a cough in my chest...got to bed on time last night and slept well, except for a few times up with the puppy who wouldnt lay down and sleep...i always put my little son in bed with me when DH is out of town...i have this irrational fear that, since his room has big windows and it is sided with the porch, that someone will open his window at night and steal him...it's weird, it only surfaces when DH is gone...

i still plan to run today though, we'll see how my cough holds up...and then work...and then my teenager has a concert tonight that we'll be at all evening

jomatho
03-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Okay, Sum, I called it at 18 hours and ate my breakfast (minus the coffee). I was getting hungry and when I thought about having my appt. at 2:40, then dealing with the kids and getting them to practice and stuff, I would have ended up at 22 or more hours again. I didn't want to do that, want to shake it up every day, so I ate and it was gooooood!:lol:
How are you doing today? I decided not to walk today even though it is gorgeous out, waiting to see what the dr. says. Did you get a walk in or are you still hurting too much? You know what, if your joints are that sore, that means you are inflamed and that is probably the water weight you are seeing on the scale! Anywho, hope your day is going well!

Alaskan, I worry about the kids and the house when DH is out of town too :(. Do you think your lingering cough could be allergies? I used to get lingering coughs after being sick and now I suspect is was allergies all along. I get allergy shots now and haven't had a lingering cough in a couple years. Maybe trying some over the counter allergy meds may help? I dunno, just a suggestion ;). I hope it goes away soon, I know how annoying it is. I had a patient once tell me "you know, you'd stop coughing if you would stop coughing" :lol: In other words, the more you cough, the more you irritate your throat and bronchi and the more you cough. I still think about that to this day.

K9, tell me more about xanthan gum. Is it healthy? I know I see it in a lot of "healthy" foods. It must be a filler for taking out fat or sugar in those foods?
Glad you found some good socks and bra for running, good gear makes all the difference. I really need to get some new workout bras. I wear 2 bras most of the time and sometimes for longer runs I wear 3 :rofl: One with underwire, one sports bra with good support and one elastic one to hold it all in place :rofl: I hate bouncing!!!

Sum38
03-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Jo; I keep thinking about you, I SO hope it is not broken!!

Krystal; I use Xanthax Gum when I bake gluten free bread; but I am going to try it in my smoothie. Yum!

I just walked for 5 miles. -- My joints get sore when I get gluten... I thought a walk would do me good; remove all yucky gluten toxins out. I do feel better :) I think I am holding onto water from my omelet incident.

I ate around noon and well...so I think it was about 18 hours for me. I was hungry at that point :D I will have a normal snack and dinner and finish eating by 6 pm. -- Then do another 18-19 hour fast. -- I need to figure out my 24 hour fast days; I ate junk for dinner last night.... I think I need to start off with salad and maybe veggies with ranch dressing. Or I will simply only fast 22 hours at first and keep increasing the duration. -- What i am noticing though; I don't have any cravings today. my eating is more controlled; hmmm.

Sum38
03-13-2012, 03:14 PM
Have you girls heard of Finding Your Body Type (http://www.findyourbodytype.com/)?

I just did it and my results; You Are An Adrenal Body Type...funny because my chiropractor said I may have adrenal fatigue; he wanted me to take adrenal support supplements. Interesting!! Thanks!

Sum38
03-13-2012, 03:40 PM
I just had a huge "moment". I think I am finally accepting this weigh loss as a journey, not a sprint :D Ya...I am blonde and pig headed and things take time :lol:

Last month, during my ovulation and PMS and actual TOM I was hovering around 152/152/154; it was devastating because I had seen below 150's....month before that I was hovering 153/154/155...again the same devastation because I had seen 150/151...

THIS month I am hovering 148/149/150 and I am finally okay with that number being higher than the 146.5 I saw.... I guess I have been on this path now long enough to see the pattern. -- I am getting smaller, not fast, but at a steady pace.

My prior weigh loss journeys failed because I felt my progress was not fast enough.

I am so grateful I have you girls! :hug: I think I have told you that a few times :D BUT I am sticking to my plan.

K9Owner
03-13-2012, 03:51 PM
Kristiina: Jo & I didn't name this thread "Slow Dancing" for nothing!!! :lol:
:grouphug:

jomatho
03-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Hi I am back. So I waited in the doctors office for an hour and a half surrounded by sick people I really didn't want to be near and I still don't know if I broke my tailbone or not :lol:
I told you my dr. was a minimalist! What she told me made sense though, in that whether it is broken or not, the treatment is the same. She palpated all my vertebra, sacrum and coccyx and the only place I am sore is the coccyx, so that is good. She said because I had injured it as a teenager, it may take longer to heal, every time you hurt the same spot it takes longer the next injury. She said typically, it will take 3-4 weeks and I am at 2 right now. She told me I can do anything I want, just use pain as my guide. I can go out walking, I can lift weights with the exception of the seated ones because I can't sit straight and I can jog when it feels okay to do so. I tried jogging in place and that still puts a lot of pressure there, so I won't do that for another week or so. She was going to write me a script for an anti-inflammatory, but I opted to just keep taking the ibuprofen as needed. Her thinking is a lot of the pain is surrounding tissue and inflammation, so taking that twice a day may help a lot. I'm not much of a pill taker, so I will see on that. I may just take it with dinner for another week or so.
So all in all, glad I went in, but probably didn't really need to.
Oh, I almost forgot the best part, got weighed and was 176! On a doctors scale! With my clothes on! Holy sheet. I may actually show a loss for this week for once :yay:. Of course, it is only Tuesday, lots of time to mess up or hold some water or something :lol:
So tomorrow I am going on a nice leisurely walk with my audio book in the 70 degree sunshine :yay:
Thursday my friend is cleared to start walking again :yay: I think I told you guys she had a bulging disc. She doesn't even know I was hurt.
Not sure about getting back to lifting, I have to mull that over a little bit. May wait til next week to see how the walking makes me feel first.

jomatho
03-13-2012, 06:27 PM
I just had a huge "moment". I think I am finally accepting this weigh loss as a journey, not a sprint :D Ya...I am blonde and pig headed and things take time :lol:

Last month, during my ovulation and PMS and actual TOM I was hovering around 152/152/154; it was devastating because I had seen below 150's....month before that I was hovering 153/154/155...again the same devastation because I had seen 150/151...

THIS month I am hovering 148/149/150 and I am finally okay with that number being higher than the 146.5 I saw.... I guess I have been on this path now long enough to see the pattern. -- I am getting smaller, not fast, but at a steady pace.

My prior weigh loss journeys failed because I felt my progress was not fast enough.

I am so grateful I have you girls! :hug: I think I have told you that a few times :D BUT I am sticking to my plan.

I am so happy for you. I feel like we are all in therapy together and you just had a major breakthrough. I am so proud :hug: What a journey we are all on together.

jomatho
03-13-2012, 06:33 PM
I just did it and my results; You Are An Adrenal Body Type...funny because my chiropractor said I may have adrenal fatigue; he wanted me to take adrenal support supplements. Interesting!! Thanks!

Ugh, I'm adrenal too. I blame the kids! Making me stress and worry all the time!

alaskanlaughter
03-14-2012, 02:00 AM
im finally home for the night and its 9 p.m....phew!...i did run 1 1/2 miles today at 5.0 mph and then did incline walking at the highest incline and a high speed for about 10ish minutes...just wrapping up what was left of the 45 minutes that i spend on the treadmill...worked all afternoon, teenager's concert all evening...now im eating and settling the kids down for the night...im tired BUT i managed to stay within my calories, which has been really hard because i get hungry when i workout..ugh...

K9Owner
03-14-2012, 06:53 AM
Alaskan: What type of concert was it?

JO: No xray? Would have taken all of 4 minutes--if that. Well, I do hope you feel better soon! & :yay: on the 176--CLOTHED!! That's awesome.

Hey, guess what...I'm on the downward trend too this week!! :carrot: BUT, I still have a TON of time to screw it up!! :lol: Plus I have to work tomorrow night.

I got in a FABULAIRE run yesterday. The weather was so perfect--No rain, minimal wind, :sunny: but not too much.. I did 6 miles of hill intervals--they kicked my ar$e! I try to maintain a 12 min mile, but I usually end up running b/t 11-11.50 min. However, uphill--it's more like 13. So it evens out to average 12 min. I am totally ok with this. So many of my running friends do between 8.5-10min miles. I have to keep reminding myself that time is unrealistic for a me with lower back injury. I DO NOT want to be lying in bed for another 2.5 yrs b/c I overdid it!!!

jomatho
03-14-2012, 08:31 AM
Morning! Supposed to be a glorious day here, weather wise!

Great job on those runs girls, Alaskan and K9. I think you are both getting faster than me now :nono:

I have a whimpy little stride for a tall girl :lol: I am working on that, but I think that is part of my speed problem both walking and running. I had an aha moment about a year ago when someone said people that get sore hips running have a weak core. I know I have a weak core and I get sore hips and I think that is why I keep my strides smaller. Always a work in progress!

K9, I totally agree with you, go a little slower to save your back! So not worth an injury. You will find you are faster than at least half of the participants anyways. You will do great. I am excited for you:carrot: I have never run in a race. My parents were avid runners when I was growing up and ran races just about every weekend, and they were off running daily. They were running addicts. Gosh, they still run, although not every day now, but at 67 and still going strong! I think watching them do all that when I was young is part of the reason I am not interested in races myself. Well that, and I am really slow and so not an endurance athlete :lol:

I will be fasting today and leave about a 5-6 hour eating window, depends on where my day takes me, I have a lot I want to accomplish and I want to get out in the sunshine for at least a walk to see how that feels. Who knows if I will be hungrier today due to increasing my activity level from the last two weeks. I hope my body is totally shocked by me moving it more and drops some major weight, one can dream :lol:

Sum38
03-14-2012, 10:41 AM
:sunny:Morning ladies!:sunny:

We are going to have gorgeous day. 73F :woohoo:

I did REALLY well yesterday with my 5 hour eating window. I like how it makes me feel and it is curbing my temptations. Weight down to 149. :D I am feeling happy and content and for the first time kind of exited over my new life style.

My gluten incident is almost over. Thank goodness! Knees are still a bit sore and tummy feels "raw" but I think I have the poison out of my body.

I will do another 19/5 plan today. I think I was done with my last bit of food around 5 pm, so I will have lunch around noon, right after my walk. I am making a smoothie; and adding some Xanthan as Krystal suggested.

Jo I take really long steps.... somehow I swing my hips and get my speed up.... My hubby is nearly 6'3" and my stride is as long as his; hence my Speedy Gonzales skills :D I think I was a pretty fast runner as well...I think it used to take me 55 minutes to run 6 miles with a short break at 3 mile mark. BUT at the end my ball joint in my hip got inflamed and I had to stop, so better be safe than sorry Krystal!

I hope your walk will go wellJo. You must feel better that Dr. gave you an okay to resume activities. -- I had broken my tailbone when I was 16 years old... my dance partner dropped me. I remember being it very sore, but I only found out 15 years later that it had broken. -- Good luck today, and take it easy if needed. :hug: You don't have to be Speedy Gonzales :crazy: :lol:

Nice job keeping up with your runs Alaskan!

Jo, are we planning on doing another 24 (or 22) hour fast tomorrow? I think I will aim for 1600 calories for today.

jomatho
03-14-2012, 11:51 AM
:sunny:Morning ladies!:sunny:

We are going to have gorgeous day. 73F :woohoo:

I did REALLY well yesterday with my 5 hour eating window. I like how it makes me feel and it is curbing my temptations. Weight down to 149. :D I am feeling happy and content and for the first time kind of exited over my new life style.

My gluten incident is almost over. Thank goodness! Knees are still a bit sore and tummy feels "raw" but I think I have the poison out of my body.

I will do another 19/5 plan today. I think I was done with my last bit of food around 5 pm, so I will have lunch around noon, right after my walk. I am making a smoothie; and adding some Xanthan as Krystal suggested.

Jo I take really long steps.... somehow I swing my hips and get my speed up.... My hubby is nearly 6'3" and my stride is as long as his; hence my Speedy Gonzales skills :D I think I was a pretty fast runner as well...I think it used to take me 55 minutes to run 6 miles with a short break at 3 mile mark. BUT at the end my ball joint in my hip got inflamed and I had to stop, so better be safe than sorry Krystal!

I hope your walk will go wellJo. You must feel better that Dr. gave you an okay to resume activities. -- I had broken my tailbone when I was 16 years old... my dance partner dropped me. I remember being it very sore, but I only found out 15 years later that it had broken. -- Good luck today, and take it easy if needed. :hug: You don't have to be Speedy Gonzales :crazy: :lol:

Nice job keeping up with your runs Alaskan!

Jo, are we planning on doing another 24 (or 22) hour fast tomorrow? I think I will aim for 1600 calories for today.

Yes, I think we should shoot for a little longer one tomorrow if we can. Don't know about you, but with the nice weather and the kids activities, I can feel our dinner time getting later and later so it may get more difficult for me to do a whole 24. I guess I will see when we are all ready to eat today. Yesterday I just ate ahead of everyone because it was ready and I was hungry :lol:

I think I am feeling the best with a 5-6 hour window, what about you?

I have been keeping my cals right around 1200 each day because I still plan on Spiking on the weekend. I may adjust a little as my activity level increases.

I have been focusing so much on getting in protein and veggies when I break my fasts that I realize I have been pretty low carb the last couple days. That may explain my weight drop :( I think I will stick with lower carb throughout the week though and do a sort of carb load when I spike.

I think I have changed everything I was doing: I have rested for 2 weeks (was working out like a maniac), I have experimented with fasting (used to eat pretty much the same schedule every day), and I have been eating lower carb (used to eat moderate carb). So if I don't show any loss sometime soon, something is drastically wrong with me. How much more can you shake things up???

alaskanlaughter
03-14-2012, 01:37 PM
krystal it was his middle school choir concert last night...last one of the year and last one for him because he's 8th grade this year...so no more concerts unless he takes choir in high school...*cry* i can't believe my little baby is gonna be in high school :( not to mention that he's taller and heavier than me now too...and i wont even be 40 yet when he graduates high school lol

i was awake alot last night, between the badly behaved puppy and coughing...puppy would wake me up, then i'd cough for awhile before i'd fall asleep, which would keep puppy awake in this endless cycle of coughing and puppy whining lol...im gonna rest for a bit since the kids are at school before i go to the gym...i'd really like to try for 2 miles today at the 5.0 but i'm not sure if i can get it there, just a mile and a half is killingggg me...i do one mile without stopping, then walk for about 1-2 minutes to catch my breath better, than do the half mile more...

it's actually clear and sunny today in my rainforest...if it wasnt so cold i'd like to take my bike out although biking really isnt a hard workout for me...but it's still cold and frost on the roads

K9Owner
03-14-2012, 02:09 PM
I think I may be in with you girls for tomorrow's fast :crossed:
I work, so this may work out well.
Then again, I may wake up starving and want to eat the entire house.
I'll shoot for it anyway :)

jomatho
03-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Alaskan, hope you get in a great workout, whatever you decide to do!

K9, that's great if you join us! If not, that's okay too, you may need the fuel with all the running you have been doing. Let us know!

Sum, how's your beautiful sunny day going? Hope you are enjoying it! I sure am!

AFM, I went for a nice walk, one of the routes I usually go with my friend and actually finished it in better time than she and I do. Funny because I felt a deliberately slow. I didn't have any pain, not really discomfort, just maybe a little pressure telling me something is not quite right yet, but totally tolerable :carrot:
This is the first time I have sat down this afternoon and I have to say, it feels wonderful to be productive again. Hope I don't pay for it later. So far I have the grill cleaned, the outdoor dining table all polished up, the back porch swept off and a couple loads of laundry done. I really wanted to haul some of the chairs to the table from the shed, but thought maybe that was pushing it ;)

I will hopefully check back in when I crash later:D

K9Owner
03-14-2012, 09:49 PM
I just want to sleep!

alaskanlaughter
03-14-2012, 11:22 PM
i did my workout...i ran 2 miles at 5.0 speed...i ran one mile nonstop, walk break for a minute, ran half mile nonstop, walk break, then ran the last half mile in 10ths because it was REALLYYY hard at that point but at least i got it done...

i still have a cough but at least it's not deep in my chest...yet, gotta be careful of pneumonia...i worry that my cough will turn into bronchitis but i dont think it's there yet...strangely the cough doesnt seem to bother me much when i run

am home for the night with the boys...later on gonna clean up the house a little and pick up DH at the airport, back from his work trip...dont like it when he's gone :(

K9Owner
03-15-2012, 06:28 AM
Alaskan: I sure hope that cough does NOT turn into Pneumonia for you. How disgusting so close to spring to get pneumonia!!
:yay: on breaking into your 2 miles. It is COMPLETELY ok to walk when you need to. It gives you an opportunity to recover..then just right back into it. Keep with it. It does get easier :)

jomatho
03-15-2012, 07:55 AM
Good morning chicks:cool:

My scale is like that friend that tells you all kinds of good things but you don't know whether to trust them or not. Enough said :D

Today I fast and I should be able to go the whole time unless I run into some unusual hunger. This is the first time I will exercise (walk) during fasting so I will see how it goes. Well I guess I was at the end of my fast for my walk yesterday, but I came home and ate, so that is different.

I am a little sore all over today. My pecs are sore from scraping the grill for over an hour :?:, my legs and feet are sore from my walk :?:and my tailbone is a little more sore today than yesterday :(. Did I really get that out of shape in 2 weeks? Is that possible? That really sucks.

K9, what are your plans for today, fasting or not? Did you work last night or tonight? Maybe last night since you are so tired, so maybe you are already into your fast, or not?

Alaskan, awesome job with that run!! What you are doing is called a "fartleg" :rofl: Just a stupid name for a run/walk. I am impressed, you keep going a little farther or a little faster. Hoping you cough goes away without further complications. That would suck! Pretty soon you will be running in races like K9.

Sum, when are you done fasting today? Probably way before me. I am shooting for 6:00. Luckily, I went ahead and ate around 5 because DH didn't get home until after 8:00! Check in today when you can, I may need you :lol:

Sum38
03-15-2012, 09:56 AM
I wrote a long post and computer crashed :mad:

Anycase I will be back later.

My 24 hour fast will be over at 3:30... I think I can do it :)

Off to my walk now. :wave:

jomatho
03-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Got my walk in, caught up with my friend and I feel great! I am going to take it a little easier than I did yesterday, but I do have a lot to get done today, gotta keep busy and keep my mind occupied. I found myself thinking about breakfast when I got home from my walk today, but I think that is because that is what I am used to doing when I get home. Old habits.

K9Owner
03-15-2012, 12:38 PM
:lol: have I confused everyone with my schedule or what??
Plan: fast started this morning @ 5am. Plan to do 16 hrs :crossed:
Gym time this morning to finish up my pathetic excuse of a workout yesterday.
My ar$e is tired! My quads are screaming from squats.
Sleep today. Work tonite.

I will try to fast Fri for 16 as well & maybe Sat.
I also work Sat nite & Sun nite :cry:

We can do this fast today!!!
Keep yourselves busy as possible!

jomatho
03-15-2012, 12:48 PM
:lol: have I confused everyone with my schedule or what??
Plan: fast started this morning @ 5am. Plan to do 16 hrs :crossed:
Gym time this morning to finish up my pathetic excuse of a workout yesterday.
My ar$e is tired! My quads are screaming from squats.
Sleep today. Work tonite.

I will try to fast Fri for 16 as well & maybe Sat.
I also work Sat nite & Sun nite :cry:

We can do this fast today!!!
Keep yourselves busy as possible!

Thanks for the update :lol: I can't seem to keep track of you! Good luck fasting today. Sounds like you will be done right around the time you go into work or just a little after? That will probably work out great. Give you a little leeway at work.
My stomach started rumbling around 11, but better now. I am determined to make it all the way this time :crossed:

alaskanlaughter
03-15-2012, 01:49 PM
good morning :) i read about fartleks on a running site and always wondered what it was LOL love the name...didnt know it was a run/walk

krystal i keep track of my mileage on the treadmill so if i warm up til 0.23 miles then i will run until 1.23 miles so it equals an actual mile RAN...then if i break for a .02 or .05 distance i add it to what i run next to equal another half mile etc....if that makes sense? so that i'm actually RUNNING the correct distance even if i take walk breaks in between some of it...the walk breaks are short though, like i said, .02 or .05 of a mile, maybe 2 minutes walking or something

im coughing less today....i took some meds w/codeine last night that had been prescribed for my last bout of bronchitis...it helped me sleep, which in turn i think helps the inflammation heal...i get bronchitis like some ppl get the sniffles...pretty frequently, at least once a year or more...as long as it's not pneumonia, we're good lol

counting down the days until spring break next week when i dont work and the boys stay home...usually i take a student or two at home to watch and bring in some money but this year i'm not doing that...ive worked every single day this year, not ONE sick day since school started....i've worked through bronchitis as well as four massive ear infections (basically one that kept returning) and have gone to work so hopped up on meds that i could barely function but i was STILL THERE because there's no one that can fill in for me...so i am NOT working next week at all lol

going to rest a bit and then go to the gym...i am doing one mile today...i alternate days, one mile, then 1 1/2 mile, then 2 miles (since i can do that now) and whatever is left of my 45 minutes is spent incline walking 15% at speeds 3.0 to 3.8

Sum38
03-15-2012, 02:22 PM
LOL Krystal in my post that got swallowed by my computer I asked when you were working... :lol:

Jo I am doing incredibly well today. I had so much energy during my walk this morning that I ran the last 1/2 mile to my car.... I ate yesterday between 12noon and 3:30 pm... I packed in 1400+ calories and I could not eat anything else, I was stuffed. I was a bit hungry around 8 pm when everyone else was having their late night snack. I was tiny bit hungry this morning, but once I got moving and walking, it went away. I have been running around all day...now I only have 2 hours to go! I think I will do this 3:30-3:30 again...seems to work really well for me. I think tomorrow I will fast until 11:30 and then finish eating by 4:30. Scale was between 148.5-149 this morning, and I am totally happy about it :D

I am making tomato/mozzarella/basil salad as my 3:30 pm snack and then I will eat with family around 6 pm.

Is it getting easier for you? -- Some say that stomach does not shrink (Krystal; does it?), but I feel I can eat lesser amount even after a week + of IF.

alaskanlaughter
03-15-2012, 04:49 PM
for some reason i had a really difficult workout today...like i had NO stamina or something...it was weird...i wonder if my cough is affecting it....i planned to run just a mile...i ran 70% of it and stopped to walk a minute or two, then ran the last 30%...i just felt like i couldnt keep going the whole mile....then i did high incline walking for another 20-some minutes and even that was harder to push through...im not sure if it was a mental thing or physical or partly both...but it was unusual

jomatho
03-15-2012, 06:10 PM
Hi girls, I am having a great day!
I said I wasn't going to overdo today, but I had to keep busy so I did a complete house cleaning :dizzy:
I have not stopped. It's going to be a big calorie burn today, too bad I am not wearing my bodybugg.
Still fasting, one hour to go and I have to say I have done remarkably well, I could probably go the rest of the night if I had to, but I won't because I want to eat :D
I had some grumbles around 11 that went away quickly and then around 4, I started to get tired, thinking about food so I cleaned the fridge :D. My house is going to really benefit from this fasting thing!

Alaskan, do you take any days off with your varied running distances? Bummer about the lack of energy today, I have days like that too. I usually just give up and try again the next day. It is usually right before TOM.
:rofl: Oh, is it called a Fartlek? I thought it was a Fartleg!!! :rofl: I guess that sounds a little better, still weird, but better.
I hope you have a great week off next week!:carrot:
Sum, :lol: glad I am not the only one trying to keep track of Krystal!
Great job today! Was this the first or second time you made all 24 hours? Not sure if I feel full faster yet or not. I know I have to eat slowly, I seem to want to inhale when I am done :lol:

Okay, have to get the meat ready for the grill. I am going to be the idiot outside with thunderstorms rolling all around (not here yet) with the metal tongs in my hand :D Hey, I haven't eaten in 24 hours, I will do what I have to do!!!

K9Owner
03-15-2012, 06:25 PM
24 hrs, Jo!!!!
That is remarkable :carrot:
Alaskan: I have days like that too! Bummer for sure! Prob a mixture of coughing & lack of sleep! Hopefully that clears up when ur hubby returns home.
Strange...I am usually encouraging mine to leave the house for a day or 2 or a week. So NOT happening!! :lol:

I haven't slept well today :stress: I'll pay for it later!
IDK if you all remember or not, but last year, I sort of had a trainer friend who I went to high school with. We played tennis together & ran a lot of days.
Anyway, since December work, life, family, prior comitments etc has kept us from running or seeing each other.
I am so completely saddened by this, b/c we are such great friends & really push each other to the workout breaking point.
I think I have been secretly emotionally overeating b/c of this seperation!
It really sux! :(

K9Owner
03-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Is it getting easier for you? -- Some say that stomach does not shrink (Krystal; does it?), but I feel I can eat lesser amount even after a week + of IF.

Medically speaking....I seriously don't know the answer to this.
Common Sense Answer: Yes! I would not think everyone's stomach could hold the same amount of food. & when you train it to expect less, what choice does it have but to get smaller or at least stop expecting so much!

Sum38
03-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Ahh...food coma and a glass of wine :D

jomatho
03-16-2012, 08:28 AM
Did someone say "wine"?:hyper:

K9Owner
03-16-2012, 10:59 AM
mmmmm vino!!

I fasted 13.5 hrs Thurs, with 10 of those being waking hours for me. I consider it a win :carrot: Not going to do Fri, but will plan another 16 hr fast Sat!

I hope u all have a marvelous wknd. I'm going to sleep!
Gym tonight! :lifter:

Sum38
03-16-2012, 12:55 PM
WINE!!! I HAD SOME WINE! Aaah!

I need wine today tho...I am soooo sad for Cam. -- We live in a school district that only has one high school and the whole district is sports crazy. We have incredible facilities and fields. Our school finishes always on top.... not bragging here, but just saying how competitive the district is :D

Cam loves baseball, just loves it. He is lefty and pitches. He is quite young for his class (thanks England for messing my plans up :D...we lived in London)...anycase.... last year he was one of the last kids to get cut of of the freshman baseball team (out of 100 or so for a team of 12) and he was cut because he was quite small as a freshman...5'3"... this year he is sporting size 15 foot and is around 5'10". He has a wicked curve ball, and hits the sweet spots.... coaches WANT him....

Sad part; his elbow has been hurting. Our very good friend is a pediatric orthopedics surgeon...we called him last night and asked if we could see him today. --Turns out Cam has a torn ulnar collateral ligament aka Tommy Jones... I feel so bad for him. He has a great disposition and is an over all a delight. He took it really well. But my heart aches. Dr said he could play 1st base and hit, but knowing the coaches they want to build a team where everyone is a pitcher as well :(

jomatho
03-16-2012, 01:07 PM
WINE!!! I HAD SOME WINE! Aaah!

I need wine today tho...I am soooo sad for Cam. -- We live in a school district that only has one high school and the whole district is sports crazy. We have incredible facilities and fields. Our school finishes always on top.... not bragging here, but just saying how competitive the district is :D

Cam loves baseball, just loves it. He is lefty and pitches. He is quite young for his class (thanks England for messing my plans up :D...we lived in London)...anycase.... last year he was one of the last kids to get cut of of the freshman baseball team (out of 100 or so for a team of 12) and he was cut because he was quite small as a freshman...5'3"... this year he is sporting size 15 foot and is around 5'10". He has a wicked curve ball, and hits the sweet spots.... coaches WANT him....

Sad part; his elbow has been hurting. Our very good friend is a pediatric orthopedics surgeon...we called him last night and asked if we could see him today. --Turns out Cam has a torn ulnar collateral ligament aka Tommy Jones... I feel so bad for him. He has a great disposition and is an over all a delight. He took it really well. But my heart aches. Dr said he could play 1st base and hit, but knowing the coaches they want to build a team where everyone is a pitcher as well :(

Oh, I am so sorry for you and DS. My heart is breaking right along with you. I know how important sports are to them at that age and it sounds like he has some real talent. So he wouldn't be able to pitch this year, what about Junior, Senior year? Is this something that will always be an issue?

jomatho
03-16-2012, 01:14 PM
My DS is a sophomore too and is in tryouts this week. They are already throwing and pitching and although they tell them they are not supposed to be throwing their hardest yet, they are clocking the kids speeds already. So my DS is supposed to not throw his hardest fastball, but you are clocking them? wth? I know they are trying to see what talent they have, but those joints are so fragile and most of these kids haven't thrown in a long while, he hasn't thrown any type of ball all winter and he wonders why his shoulder is so sore when he gets home???? We've been icing and using ibuprofen all week. I can certainly see how easy it would be to get an injury right now. Makes me worry a little more than I already do:(

Sum38
03-16-2012, 05:22 PM
So much asked of these young kids.

Cam would like to play, but he is so academically sound that he will get a full ride to a college anyways. He is 15 going on 35, he knows baseball won't be his career. I am proud of him how well he is handling this.

jomatho
03-16-2012, 07:22 PM
So much asked of these young kids.

Cam would like to play, but he is so academically sound that he will get a full ride to a college anyways. He is 15 going on 35, he knows baseball won't be his career. I am proud of him how well he is handling this.

Good for him, sounds like you are a lucky mom!

Sum38
03-16-2012, 08:02 PM
I feel very lucky :) My DD got an academic scholarship to Ferris state for their PharmD program. -- I was so stressed out about their college costs, and if we had saved enough etc....so once these scholarships started rolling in, it was a great relief.

I am having DS take ACT this summer (at my expense) -- we won't submit the score to any colleges. I did that with my DD. She scored 26 at first and when she took it for real she scored 32 (or 31..omg I forgot now). She knew exactly what she was getting into. -- Something for you to think about :)

DS is at the try out right now. He still wanted to finish the tryouts even tho he knows he will be cut. -- My DD would have walked :lol: she is more high maint. :D :D

BTW; How was your eating? I did 5 1/2 hour eating window. I get incredibly full.

jomatho
03-16-2012, 08:34 PM
I feel very lucky :) My DD got an academic scholarship to Ferris state for their PharmD program. -- I was so stressed out about their college costs, and if we had saved enough etc....so once these scholarships started rolling in, it was a great relief.

I am having DS take ACT this summer (at my expense) -- we won't submit the score to any colleges. I did that with my DD. She scored 26 at first and when she took it for real she scored 32 (or 31..omg I forgot now). She knew exactly what she was getting into. -- Something for you to think about :)

DS is at the try out right now. He still wanted to finish the tryouts even tho he knows he will be cut. -- My DD would have walked :lol: she is more high maint. :D :D

BTW; How was your eating? I did 5 1/2 hour eating window. I get incredibly full.

Good for him for sticking it out!
My oldest DS (sophomore) is not gifted academically. Mostly A/B with a few Cs thrown in there. He doesn't care what he gets as long as he can play sports, I am on him constantly about studying, assignments,etc. He will start out at community college.
Now my youngest DS (currently 8th), wants nothing less than 4.0 and will do whatever he needs to get his As. Self motivated, stays on top of everything, knows what's going on. That may be more beneficial for him to take it early.
They are like night and day and I raised them both the same.
DH and I are very motivated, do what it takes kind of people, not sure how we created such a laid back free spirit as my oldest DS. I do love that part of his personality, just not with schoolwork!
It will be interesting to see where life takes them both.

I was originally going to eat normal today, but didn't eat breakfast until about 11, so that ended up being about 15 hours fast and about 7hour window. Had three meals. I had a tougher time with hunger today. I think I need smaller windows, but after my fast yesterday I was only able to eat about 1,000 Cals so I didn't know if I should go into another long window again. Still trying to figure this all out. I hope to do fast5 tomorrow and I am still going to Spike on Sunday. Then I will start all over again:dizzy:

K9Owner
03-16-2012, 08:56 PM
JO: What is fast5? How does it work?

Kristiina: Awe! I hate to hear this about your son's arm! At least he's a trooper about it. That's a great idea doing the ACT early. My nephew did this too. He is 16 & probably going to go into Pharma. He is sure smart enough to do it :)

Sum38
03-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Krystal: have your nephew come to Ferris State here in MI and he can date my daughter :) She is barely 17 :D

How did you like your fast K?

I am really proud of myself tonight. -- I was really heart broken for Cam...old me would have eaten chocolate and ice cream and new me did not even think about food! I guess old dogs DO learn new tricks. :D

Sum38
03-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Jo; It always amazes me how different my kids are. And even though they are opposite sex; they have been raised the same.

My daughter came into this world with attitude and *****yness. My son has been a charmer since day one and gets along with everyone.

My daughter has no tolerance for people and therefore only has few friends. My son is friends with everyone.

My son has incredible amount of athletic talent, my daughter has two left feet. My daughter can paint and draw amazing pictures, my son's attempts always turn out looking like ants. (I kid you not :D)

But their personalities... their desires etc. So different. So I take them as they come :lol:

At the end of the day when people come and say, your children are so polite, I am grateful.

K9Owner
03-17-2012, 09:00 AM
Krystal: have your nephew come to Ferris State here in MI and he can date my daughter :) She is barely 17 :D

How did you like your fast K?

I would love my nephew to date someone other than this "I like you just b/c you will pay for everything at prom" girl he's madly in like with. She is about 5'6" or 5'7", long brown hair, really athletically thin-though NOT athletic. Ok, I sound bad by despising her, but it's for good reason. She is only going out with him b/c he is very popular. He plays baseball & star of the basketball team. She really doesn't like him as a person :(

My fast went well up until I got to work and got a headache.
I can't care for others if I don't feel well. So, I had to break it earlier than I had anticipated.

I was going to try to do a mini fast today, even though I work. :crossed:
I am eating later than I would like to pull it off though! :tantrum:
It's for a great reason, however.....I am running in about 20 min. :carrot:
I had to have a little pre-run fuel.

I do have a funny story later for you girls from work Thursday night.
A little something for you to anticipate......

Happi Saturday!!

:running: :running: :running: :running: :running: :running: :running: :running:

Sum38
03-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Krystal That really sucks! -- One thing I have always insisted upon with my daughter; she pays her own way. -- When she was dating her BF; they took turns paying restaurant bills etc. And because she did not drive at the time and he drove her everywhere, we gave him gas money each week. Prom is expensive! I think between tickets and limo we are already looking at $100 per person. That is a lot for a young man (parents) to come up with .

IF gets easier each time; but I would not like to be around b1tchy-hungry cardiac nurse :lol: :lol:

I am going to do fast5 today. I woke up totally not hungry at all. We will do our walk between 10 and noon, and I should be home by 12:30. so I will eat between 12:30-6:30. Everyone is home tonight, so we can have a nice family dinner, maybe BBQ. :drool: Grilled salmon and veggies sound really good.

I was 148 lbs this morning. Doing my slow dance between 147.5-149 :sunny:

Everyone have a FAB day! :grouphug:

jomatho
03-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Change of plans, Spiking today, some kind of fast tomorrow. DH informed me his not home most of tomorrow, so we are spending the day out today, makes more sense to splurge a little today instead.

Weighed and updated my weights today instead of tomorrow also :D:D:D

Want to reply, but no time right now, catch you all later :grouphug:

K9Owner
03-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Back from a 3 mil run and a 1 mil K9 walk. I really wasn't feeling it today. I just feel really sad today. This MUST stop. I am usually not a sad person!

So, about Thurs night…
I was pulled to a different cardiac floor (where I used to work until they split our units), lots of people I know still work there, some new faces as well.
Jess, one of the RNs was talking about HCG & how she was on it for about a month, but stopped taking it b/c she started cheating on it. Reported losing a ton of weight, but gaining it all back & then some, which is why I detest things like this anymore without the benefit of lifestyle modification in conjunction with it.
We started talking about MFP, weight loss, and how much I was eating in one sitting! :lol: One of the new RNs commied, "Where are you putting all that food?" (This was after the 13.5 hr fast & after midnight, so the next eating day for me.)
I had to laugh at him & explained I was training for a 1/2 and since he asked, I told him about my lifting and training routine, including showing him and Jess Uvids from Bodyrock.

They were in disbelief at all of the work I do. Then, I showed them some before and after shots of my midsection, legs, and arms. Their mouths dropped to the floor :rofl: Jess asked where I got all the motivation to continue everyday. I said, "Girl please, I am the least motivated person i know. I am dedicated to my fitness goals, and I do have a goal to get into this bikini (I showed her a pic of the blue Vicki one). Her and the new RN agreed I could rock it now.
NO WAY!! I have MUCH work ahead of me before that is happening :)

When the shift was almost over, Jess said, "Krystal, you have motivated me to get back to working out." Yeah right!

I tell you, it is disturbing that I get so much energy out of seeing & hearing about other people who cannot/will not make their minds up about sticking with their fitness goals, especially the medical realm--where most everyone in society thinks::
"You're a nurse, you should do/know better!"

Most of the RNs I know are the least healthy people I know :(

alaskanlaughter
03-17-2012, 07:06 PM
so i figured out why the last two days of running majorly suckedd....i got sick...i mustve been getting sick to start with, with just a cough...i did a mile and a half run yesterday but broke it into increments because i just could NOT keep it up...it sucked but i did it...then in the afternoon i started getting more sick, and chilled, and by evening my whole sinuses were swollen shut and i just laid on the couch for hours before going to bed...ughhh

today i feel better, not great but better, spent alot of the day just resting...took alot of meds...am going to get in the shower now and go to the St Baldrick's event where ppl shave their heads and raise money for cancer

one of my friends is having her head shaved and raised the money in honor of my nephew Sky from the village, who battled hodgkins lymphoma when he was 15 a few years ago...so im going with her and taking pics n stuff

my sinuses are feeling a bit better but i still have a nasty cough...

Sum38
03-18-2012, 09:05 AM
:hug: Krystal! Don't be sad. Just think of that blue bikini and how you will turn heads!

Sum38
03-18-2012, 09:35 AM
Morning!

I survived yesterday without burning my skin! Amazing, because I usually forget to lather myself up and suffer afterwards.... maybe I am learning :lol:

It was a wonderful day to be just hanging outside. We did 4.7 mile walk, I finally brought my poles along. I am taking a day off; I walked 5 days in a row.

Weight was 147.5; heading down. My stupid PMS symptoms are probably gunna start sometime next week :mad:

I had perfect IF day yesterday. I had 4 hour eating window. By the time dinner was done at 5 pm, I was so full. -- I am going to eat between 11 am and 4 pm today. -- Jo are we fasting tomorrow?

Jo, I saw you weigh in at MFP; OMG girl! That was amazing. I think this IF suits you as well.

Does anyone use any sort of a calorie management system like bodybugg? I am thinking about getting one. I just don't know which one, and feedback would be greatly appreciated :D

Sum38
03-18-2012, 10:42 AM
I loved this guy's book. he has a blog;

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/

K9Owner
03-18-2012, 10:59 AM
Morning!

Does anyone use any sort of a calorie management system like bodybugg? I am thinking about getting one. I just don't know which one, and feedback would be greatly appreciated :D

Fitbit seems to be the better bargain.
You don't have to get a subscription online.
Queen Sarah from the CCer thread can fill you in on every detail of it :)

jomatho
03-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Hi girls, just now settling down with a cup of coffee and my computer. This weekend has just been chaos.

Thanks for the compliments, I was pleased with my week, but I am keeping in mind that 1) I was maintaining for a couple weeks, 2) I had rested for those weeks and just started exercising again this week, 3) I was lower carb than usual due to IF, and 4) I was If-ing most of the week which is new to me. So any one of those things may have altered my water weight, glycogen, etc. I will see what this week brings. I carb reloaded with my spike yesterday and I am up 5.2# today, usually I am only up 3# after spiking, so I will see what this week brings. I may bounce back up a little. Just keeping it real! Don't want to get disappointed and fall of the damn wagon again. You guys wouldn't let me do that anyways.

Sum, I am doing a fast today (probably 16 or so), and then finish by maybe 3 or 4 so that I can do a 24 hour tomorrow (Mon) but be able to eat a little something before dinner. I'm kinda playing today by feel, I am not very hungry yet. Are you going to try for a 24 tomorrow?

I do have a bodybugg. I am probably done wearing it for the summer now, I don't like the ugly thing on my arm with short sleeves :lol: My subscription runs out early April and I won't renew until Fall if I even need/want it by then. I think it is really good for feedback as to your daily burn, but after wearing it for a while, I can pretty much predict my burn based on my activities for the day. I think it was very valuable for that. I also think it is valuable for seeing how much your other activities in a day impact your daily burn, not just working out. I don't know much about the fitbit, but I think it is different than the bodybugg or body media fit. I think the calories on that are just based off steps maybe? Not sure, I would have to research that.
The BB and BMF base it off movement, temperature or something. Yes, there is a monthly fee, but you do get that free for a year when you buy it. If you buy one, look online or post a thread looking for a sale code, there are sometimes good ones out there. Oh, and the difference between BB and BMF is that BMF estimates how well you are sleeping too. I don't really care for the database to enter your food and all that, but there is a website that you upload your info to and it gives you results, how much you burn, how much you eat, what you are losing, I just use the site to upload my burns to clear the memory and then log my burns on my own spreadsheet. I keep looking for a memory clearing hack online so that I can ditch the need for a subscription, but the one I found I am not techy enough to do. I bet your DH could figure it out for you and then you wouldn't ever need a subscription.
The optional display is important IMO so see where you are at in a day, or to see what you are currently burning with a particular activity. You can either get the ugly display they offer, or you can get the one that links up to a smartphone.
Okay, thats all I can think of, any other questions, just ask :smug:

K9,
I want to see your comparison pics!!!

Alaskan, I hope you are feeling better! Sucks to be sick!

Wonder if Deb is back yet?

Sum38
03-18-2012, 05:04 PM
I think I am done eating for the next 23 hours; I had my last bite about an hour ago :)

I am feeling totally blah. I think this new found heat is draining me a bit. I have been just sitting around all day.

How is your tailbone, Jo?

jomatho
03-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Take it easy Sum, listen to you body.
You know, my tailbone has been better every day, especially since my Dr. gave me the go ahead to get moving. I think not sitting on it all the time has really helped. Here I thought rest was best, but maybe not at this point in the game.
I am done eating too (around 4:00 so I will be about an hour behind you tomorrow). Have to go finish updating my diary, but I think I ended the day around 1300 or so. I am not hungry for anything else today, yuck. Towards the end, I was just eating to get my calories up for the day, just not hungry.

Now that you mention it, I sort of have the blahs too. Just looked at my calendar, 9 days away from TOM, that is probably why. Should be a fun week :devil:. I am curious to see if IF helps or not with TOM cravings and hunger.

K9Owner
03-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Remember last fall when I had this "Have To Eat Cake Every Week" thing going on??
I somehow got over that.....now it's pizza!!!
:tantrum:

jomatho
03-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Remember last fall when I had this "Have To Eat Cake Every Week" thing going on??
I somehow got over that.....now it's pizza!!!
:tantrum:

I love this, made me laugh. At least there is more nutrition in pizza than cake!

I was scouring an old accountability thread from about a year ago trying to find information about a sports bra someone recommended (and I found it), but anyways, you were talking about cake All.The.Time! :rofl:

KIDDING! But I was going through an old thread and I happened to see that you have the same scale as I do and I just found out something interesting about it! I thought it was extremely accurate, every time you get on and off it gives you the same number, weeeeelll, it has a friggin memory! So if you are within a pound of your last weight, it will give you the same weight!!!!! That makes me mad.
So now, every time I get on, I hold onto the basket with the extra TP in it which weighs 2 pounds and then I step on without the basket to get my TRUE weight. Jeez, sometimes knowing you are 0.4 or 0.8 different from the day before makes a huge difference! I wonder if zeroing it out will do the same thing, I will have to try that.
Just thought I would let you know.

K9Owner
03-18-2012, 07:34 PM
I love this, made me laugh. At least there is more nutrition in pizza than cake!

KIDDING! But I was going through an old thread and I happened to see that you have the same scale as I do and I just found out something interesting about it! I thought it was extremely accurate, every time you get on and off it gives you the same number, weeeeelll, it has a friggin memory! So if you are within a pound of your last weight, it will give you the same weight!!!!! That makes me mad.
So now, every time I get on, I hold onto the basket with the extra TP in it which weighs 2 pounds and then I step on without the basket to get my TRUE weight. Jeez, sometimes knowing you are 0.4 or 0.8 different from the day before makes a huge difference! I wonder if zeroing it out will do the same thing, I will have to try that.
Just thought I would let you know.

This explains why I usually step on....get a #...take the batteries out....step on....get another #....step off....allow it to "C"....then step on again and get the real weight!
YES! I'm obsessive and do this almost EVERY friggin DAY!

Oh, yeah , the pizza defo has more nutrition..it's called SODIUM! DAMMITT!
Why couldn't I have like a tomato fetish or a celery fetish???

jomatho
03-19-2012, 07:56 AM
Morning girls :wave:

Monday, Ugh!

Still fasting here. Woke up pretty hungry this morning, but the coffee is helping. This is the first time I will have finished earlier (4:00) so that may be the difference in hunger.

Planning to walk this morning. Some errands to run and things to get done, so I should stay pretty busy to keep my mind off fasting.

Lots of water weight came off yesterday, down to within 1.8 of my low on Saturday so that is a good thing.

Sum38
03-19-2012, 08:04 AM
Morning :sunny:

Missing my coffee :coffee:

I ate around 1800 calories worth food yesterday, and I was so full all night. I can't believe my maint. calories are 1900, I also can't believe I used to eat that and some more each and every day. :eek:

I am ready for my 24 h fast. -- Because my calories were so "high" my scale went up by 1 1/2 pound, also I did keep drinking water and ice tea all afternoon and evening long. I usually don't really get up middle of the night, but I had to go 3 times last night :D Quite annoying :lol: I am just cranky. I was b1tchy last night, I think it is PMS :mad: DH wanted to sit close to me and watch TV and I was just snappy.

Krystal: Pizza? Sorry :hug: Are you craving the carbs or salt? Eat pickles :D High in sodium but barely no calories. -- I am having problem with cheese, craving it and eating way too much of it lately. . I love it, and it hates me, so I am hoping I could cut that bad cycle. -- Maybe you could just slice up some tomatoes, add some mozzarella and oregano and melt it in micro? Sort of a pizza taste...

Jo I need new sports bra (s). Krystal just bought a fab one. My boobies are not being supported in my old ones any more. What was the one that was recommended on accountability thread? -- I haven't been there in for ever. Sometimes I think about GaininginLA...wonder how she is doing....

I hope you are feeling better Alaskan.

Yeah, where is Deb? Probably unpacking and laundry; All the nice after vacation stuff. :D

Krystal are you fasting with us?

K9Owner
03-19-2012, 09:01 AM
:wave: Morning girls
I had to have a little :coffee: this a.m. Lots to do..up at 4.. it's meal prep/market day.
I'm attempting to fast for a bit today :crossed: 16 hrs, which started at 2100 last night (9).

I ate so much yesterday 3100+ cals.
I am completely carb loaded!!

I am having an issue with my right posterior tibial tendon! :tantrum:
It aches, especially on my runs. I have never had this before.
I will buy new inserts today for my Brooks--did I mention they were new, my socks are new.. now this!! DANG! I just wanna run!!
Why is this so much to ask????

I peeked at the Fast5 site. I do well with 16 hr fasts, but it's all downhill after that! :lol: It's because of all these d@mn carbs! I re-started taking my cinnamon caps (http://www.gaiaherbs.com/products/detail/17/Cinnamon-Bark-) Saturday to help with this.

I also peeked at a few "Go Gluten Free" sites.
I'm attempting to help my poorly active thyroid.
There will be so many new changes after this 1/2, if I make it through it!
My friend Ncuneo from here and MFP just completed her 1st Full in L.A. yesterday. That goal is just not realistic for me! As much as I love running, 4+ hours of it would be torture for me!

jomatho
03-19-2012, 12:09 PM
K9, sorry I never got back to you about the fast 5, I totally forgot. Glad you found the info you needed. I think I like fast 5 better than lean gains so far, but I still need to give it time before I settle on one or the other. I may just keep mixing them all up to suit my days.
Sorry about your sore tendon, that really sucks. Hope the new inserts help. It does suck when your head is in it and your body limits you.

Sum, the sports bra Stacygee recommended back in that thread was Enell brand. She called it "Boob Armor" so that made me curious. My girls could use some armor! There are some places in Michigan listed if you search by state. www.enell.com
It's funny because I remembered her calling it that, so that is what I searched under and there were several threads that came up with sports bra recommendations. You may want to do a search for "boob armor" and check out some of those threads too to see what others recommend for boob armor :lol:

Looks like we all did some calorie/carb reloading this past weekend huh?

Sum38
03-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Sounds like a good one :D Didn't Stacygee have a tummy tuck done? -- She kind of disappeared, I wanted to see the after results....she posted all the way to her surgery.... I guess she was really happy with the results! I want one!!

Day is going excellent! We walked our 5.5 mile loop and when I got home I stepped on scale just for the kicks before shower and I was 146.5... Down from 149 this morning...boy that really made me focus on this fast :D -- iIwas hungry at the beginning of my walk, then I just focused on pushing myself hard and hunger disappeared. I am drinking a ton of green tea. -- I am off to run some errands, so my day will go a bit faster.

Were you spiking Krystal? Or were you being naughty with your pizza?

K9Owner
03-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Kristiina: Totally being FOOLISH with that :jeno:
I hope this is over sooner than that cake thing!

I made it 14.20 hrs today. I was hungry at 8 am & ran some errands for the remaining 3.20 hrs. I'll try again tomorrow, which should be easier since I work.

I'm retaining water like crazy. TOM is a week away, & I feel pretty darn fat today. This SUX!

alaskanlaughter
03-19-2012, 02:15 PM
i feel slightly better every day....my legs and knees have been aching really badly and im not sure if it's from the running or from being sick because normally i dont ache but normally i dont run 5 days in a row either...still have alot of crap in my sinuses and chest but it's clearing slowly

im toying with the idea of taking a week break from working out this week while i'm home with the kids on spring break...im not sure...i'll probably end up going to work out because i like it...but im wondering if my body is telling me to take a break...the last major break i took was about a week off in mid-december with traveling and a bad ear infection

jomatho
03-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Krystal, TOM is a week away for you too? omg, we are all on the same cycle. A bunch of cranky girls.

Alaskan, just read something that recommended that if you work out a lot it is important to take a week off about every quarter, so that would be about right for you. Hope you have a nice relaxing vacation.

Sum, yes, she had a breast reduction/lift and a tummy tuck. I kind of miss that she didn't keep up after either. She posted right after and said the tt was really painful, yikes. It would be worth it in the end though.

I am just waiting out my last few hours. I may stop a little early, I hear a salad calling me, but then I think, well only 2 hours to go, why stop now?

Sum38
03-19-2012, 03:36 PM
So let's make sure that the 3 of never meet on our TOM week :lol:

DH and I decided that we are starting to eat all organic (if possible) and buy free pasture & grass fed beef, wild caught salmon etc. -- I went and did my shopping at Whole foods, and yes this is going to get expensive. -- I do feel better for feeding my kids this way. Funny thing; all the organic and non-genetically modified fruits are tiny....like how they used to come from our apple trees at home etc. We are so used to the modified stuff and all of it is just huge.

Our garden will be even bigger this year than it was last year. -- We ordered heirloom seeds (non-genetically modified) and started all the seedlings a few weeks back.

I fear we are going to turn into some super health nuts :lol: I do tend to get obsessive and go over board..... Both my husband and I are WAYYYYY type A personalities. -- Now that both of us are on this health kick, it can get scary :eek: :D So smack me if I get out of control!! Like I am gunna smack Krystal here for having a pizza fetish right now. *SMACK*

I have only 25 minutes left on my fast and I am not even really hungry. Strange. I am going to make a mozzarella/tomato/basil salad as a snack. YUM. -- And then I won't have any more cheese! I promise!

I am proud of all of us :grouphug:

jomatho
03-19-2012, 05:45 PM
I made it! It helped that I had to run my youngest to the orthodontist during that last hour :lol:

I just ate a 700 calorie salad :eek:

But, we have an event to go to at school this evening, so I will just eat another small meal around 6 before I go to that and I should be good for the night.

Still feeling kind of blah this afternoon. . .

K9Owner
03-19-2012, 05:49 PM
:stars: "OUCH" :stars:

Sum38
03-19-2012, 06:08 PM
hehehe

jomatho
03-19-2012, 06:37 PM
okay, that took me a minute. . . blonde moment

jomatho
03-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Keep you hands to yourselves girls!

Sum38
03-19-2012, 06:49 PM
okay, that took me a minute. . . blonde moment

Me too :D -- I thought she was hurt again....blonde :o

K9Owner
03-19-2012, 07:46 PM
:rofl:

alaskanlaughter
03-19-2012, 07:58 PM
i hadnt expected to take a week break back in mid-december...we traveled for a funeral and then i came down with a terrible ear infection...im still completely exhausted today...i dont feel very sick and ive been getting some things done but my head hurts...i think im dehydrated...my whole body feels very odd, not quite right...not sick but not totally healthy, not tired but not energetic...exhausted isnt quite the right word that i used up there either...

ive spent the afternoon figuring out iTunes and how to put apps and music on my new iPhone...yes i know everyone in the world has one and knows how to do this but i only upgraded to an iPhone about a month ago after having the same old cell phone for nearly 5 years LOL

K9Owner
03-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Alaskan: I hear ya on the iPhone!! I learn some "DUH" info all the time about it!! :lol: I remember that trip/infection. You lost weight after resting too!! Remember??
Take it easy over SB & do something fun wif your kiddos ;)

K9Owner
03-20-2012, 03:10 AM
Here's a great recipe for you all.. Kristiina--you'll have to modify the soup for Gluten Free ;)

:broc: **Crockpot Chicken & Broccoli :broc:
(this was super easy and super yummi)
8 oz frozen chicken tenderloins
2 c fresh broccoli florets
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 c Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
Black Pepper

Place Chicken in bottom of crockpot, pile on broccoli, add black pepper, top with 1 can mushroom soup and chicken broth.
Cook for ~3 hrs on high or ~6hrs on low. :drool:

K9Owner
03-20-2012, 03:13 AM
FOOD FOR THOUGHT: 8 oz (224g) of raw chicken tenderloins equates to ~160g of cooked chicken tenderloins.
Something to think about if you're measuring food!!

Sum38
03-20-2012, 07:56 AM
I am so excited this morning!!

:fr::fr::fr::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I stepped on it like 8 times :D I think I am liking this IF. I just about cried this morning with happiness.... if this sticks and I manage to shed another 1/2 pound, I will be at half way point.

jomatho
03-20-2012, 08:10 AM

I stepped on it like 8 times :D I think I am liking this IF. I just about cried this morning with happiness.... if this sticks and I manage to shed another 1/2 pound, I will be at half way point.

:yay: :yay: :yay:

And the week before TOM to boot??? You GO girl!!!
Soooooooooooo very happy for you, :hug:

Sum38
03-20-2012, 08:25 AM
FOOD FOR THOUGHT: 8 oz (224g) of raw chicken tenderloins equates to ~160g of cooked chicken tenderloins.
Something to think about if you're measuring food!!

This always confuses me; what are we supposed to log? Cooked or raw?

BTW, I bought all that natural stuff from WF's...and their chicken was amazing! I made garlic, parmesan & parsley crusted chicken for dinner and it was sooo good. :drool::drool: -- I am going to try your recipe later on this week.

jomatho
03-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Only a pound away from my pre spike low, things are looking good. TOM may throw a wrench at the end of this week, but I am not straying from my plan, this seems to be shaking things up for me.

I am exhausted this morning, ugh. Slept like doo doo last night.

We are going on Spring Break in a week and a half and I am so not ready. Just started making my todo yesterday, there is so much. It is easier just staying home for a staycation.

Plan today: walking, and I was going to do some weights today, but I will see if my energy picks up or not.
I will probably eat in a little larger window today following the long fast yesterday, maybe a 6-8 hour window. I will see when I get hungry.

Krystal, that looks pretty good, I love broccoli soup. I hate trying to find meats in mfp! Half of the time I don't know if they are talking about cooked or raw. I did figure out finally that 4 ounces raw= about 3 ounces cooked, so that has helped me tremendously. Also, there are big variances is entries as far as calories go.

Alaskan, I have had an iphone for years and I still discover new things about it all the time! When I first got mine, I think I googled something like iphone tips, and I learned the most helpful stuff that way, so now when there is an update, I do the same thing to see if it is anything I can use or not. Hope you start feeling better soon, sounds like that one is hanging on for dear life. I think a rest is defo what you need right now.

Sum, what is your plan today?
I was thinking about trying out that square foot gardening this year, but not sure I will get it started or not. I may need some gardening tips from you along the way! I feel like I am behind, but I think the nice weather makes it feel like it is later than it is. It's this time of year I start to get a little overwhelmed with all there is to do inside and outside, so not sure I should add to it or not.

Sum38
03-20-2012, 08:30 AM
:yay: :yay: :yay:

And the week before TOM to boot??? You GO girl!!!
Soooooooooooo very happy for you, :hug:
I KNOW!!! :D:D:D

I have a b1tchy attitude right now though....:devil::devil: I am not tolerating too much :o

So what is the plan for today? I think I will do 19/5. eating window 1-6

DH and I decided that we are going to stop drinking coffee. He is drinking way too much of it and his restless leg syndrome has been quite bad. I miss my cream, so giving up black coffee won't be that hard. -- Luckily I like tea a lot. So I will switch to black tea (mornings) and then the rest of the day I will stick with green tea.

K9Owner
03-20-2012, 10:49 AM
This always confuses me; what are we supposed to log? Cooked or raw?

I measure it out before I cook it {112g(4oz) or 224g(8oz)}.
However, I made a whole bag yesterday, so when I measure it out today for dinner, I'll do ~160g instead of 224g.
It makes a BIG difference when you're trying to be at a deficit.

I started using coconut oil to cook it in--approx 1/2 tsp for 224g (8oz).
I add this in my diary as well. That stuff has 12g of saturated fat/TBS!!!

AFM: :running: this a.m. doing more hill intervals. More or less a play date w/Riv. She needs exercise. Jax will stay home today.
Work tonight. ATTEMPTING a 16 hr fast that started at 1am :crossed:

Oh, and MOM!!! My diary was nice and clean yesterday if you didn't notice & under 1200 cals to make up for the :jeno: binge on Sunday.
As if eating good one day cancels out eating bad on another :lol:

I may go out of town w/my parents for the rest of the week after tomorrow..we'll see..... :sunny:

K9Owner
03-20-2012, 10:52 AM

This a.m. I was 145.8!! :tantrum:

How did I allow you to run right past me????? :rollpin:

jomatho
03-20-2012, 10:58 AM

This a.m. I was 145.8!! :tantrum:

How did I allow you to run right past me????? :rollpin:

Well if that isn't enough to motivate you guys and keep you on the straight and narrow today, I don't know what is!!!
You are neck and neck!

Sum38
03-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Well if that isn't enough to motivate you guys and keep you on the straight and narrow today, I don't know what is!!!
You are neck and neck!

Krystal; want some :jeno:

K9Owner
03-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Krystal; want some :jeno:

You are soooooo EVIL :devil:

K9Owner
03-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Well, Riv and I had a terrible run!
Wind Advisories SUCK!!

It is just difficult for me to run in 30-40mph winds.
I know, I'm a crybaby!!
I like hot, sunny, DRY, and light winds--maybe 5mph max! Humidity is even ok. I'd rather sweat than get blown away!

I'm really hungry atm, but I'm going to bed, so no food for me!

jomatho
03-20-2012, 05:17 PM
I hate the wind too! It is exhausting. Even sitting in it at a game or something, it is still exhausting. And then my allergies kick in because of all the pollen flying around.

I ended up fasting a lot longer than I expected today. My Dad came over to help me with a project which took a lot loooooooger than we anticipated (always does) and I just now had my breakfast!

So I am totally behind with everything now and I am still pooped, and I did not get any weightlifting in today. Oh well.

I don't know what we are having for dinner, ugh.

Do I sound pissy or what?

K9Owner
03-20-2012, 05:29 PM
I hv 1.5hrs to go & i'm wide awake!
Shift Work Sleep Disorder SUX!

I sound right pissy too, huh??

K9Owner
03-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Finishing up my 16 hr fast today..it went much more smoothly today than the last attempt. Although, @ the 15 hr mark, I did start developing symptoms of low blood sugar. I get symptomatic: jittery, inability to concentrate, a little diaphoretic, a have this impending sense to sit down, extreme lack of energy. I checked it--it was 69. Normal is 70-110. I put 1/2 pack of Turbinado sugar in 1/4 c Crystal Lite Peach Mango Tea, which had me up to 74 in about 10 min. I was no longer symptomatic, so I continued through the last hour without difficulty. It helped that I was getting ready for work and busy.

Also, just for the ALL the repeated :jeno: remarks….. there is something EXTREMELY effective about doing Spike correctly….the ability to drop water weight on a dime!!

Back down to 143.6 this afternoon! :p So THERE!!
And, YES!! I typed out loud in RED!!! :lol:

Sum38
03-20-2012, 07:08 PM
I am pissy as well :D

Sum38
03-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Darn summer. I am having wine each night :mad: -- I took months and months off, and now cold glass or two is so tempting, especially because I am feeling pissy.

On a positive note. I get full really quickly. It is strange. I did 6 hour eating (and drinking) window....

jomatho
03-21-2012, 08:41 AM
Sum, I think as long as you are staying within your calories the wine is fine. I avoid it unless I am spiking because I have a hard time stopping at one glass. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about drinking it either.

So my son somehow hurt his shoulder throwing yesterday:( He heard a loud pop during a throw and so did those around him. He has a little pain, but not terrible like he broke anything (he broke his collarbone in football freshman year). It is still popping with range of motion, so I am thinking something with the rotator cuff. I am going to call to see if I can get him seen, but he doesn't want to. He doesn't want to miss anything, but I want to know what we are dealing with. Our trip is for baseball spring training and I don't think we will go if he is unable to throw, that would be a waste of time and money.

All DH had to say was "they push these kids too hard too fast"

Sum38
03-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Oh JO! That is a bummer!!! Definitely get it checked out. Cam's doctor kept asking him if he heard a loud pop (for the elbow ligament)...Cam could not remember.
Funny thing; they extended the tryouts for 2nd week, and Cam is like...for the love of God please cut me already :D -- He knows they won't pick him, and even if they did we would, most likely, not take the spot and let him heal...but commitment is a commitment and he is not going to show weakness :lol: -- Cam is just tired. He grew from 5'3" to 5"10 in a year (last month 1 inch) and he has another 4-6 inches to go. -- Dr. thinks he will be somewhere between 6'2-6'5" :eek: But that takes a lot out of him and he is just a wreck. -- These sports are too serious :(

ETA: A shrimp like me produced a giant :lol: He was 10 pounds at birth and looked like a football player :D I never pictured of having a tall kid like him. DD is 5'7", so she is no shortie either. I married well :lol: :lol:

Sum38
03-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Weight is up a bit: 147 lbs. Totally expected. Yesterday's weigh in was just a tease or showing me what is yet to come. I am very happy to be at 147....trending down.

Today I will do 19/5. Cam has a scrimmage game tonight, and we will be eating dinner early (3:30)...that will get me ready for my 24 h fast for Thursday. -- I kinda like Wednesdays; kids have a late start and they don't get lunch break and we usually eat super early.

You are funny Krystal; 143.6 . Now you sprinted way ahead of me :p -- Somehow my symptoms of low blood sugar has ceased. Longer I do IF, easier it gets.

Sum38
03-21-2012, 10:10 AM
Krystal How is your foot doing?

jomatho
03-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Oh JO! That is a bummer!!! Definitely get it checked out. Cam's doctor kept asking him if he heard a loud pop (for the elbow ligament)...Cam could not remember.
Funny thing; they extended the tryouts for 2nd week, and Cam is like...for the love of God please cut me already :D -- He knows they won't pick him, and even if they did we would, most likely, not take the spot and let him heal...but commitment is a commitment and he is not going to show weakness :lol: -- Cam is just tired. He grew from 5'3" to 5"10 in a year (last month 1 inch) and he has another 4-6 inches to go. -- Dr. thinks he will be somewhere between 6'2-6'5" :eek: But that takes a lot out of him and he is just a wreck. -- These sports are too serious :(

ETA: A shrimp like me produced a giant :lol: He was 10 pounds at birth and looked like a football player :D I never pictured of having a tall kid like him. DD is 5'7", so she is no shortie either. I married well :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately, when they are growing that fast, they are more prone to injuries too.
I was able to get him in tomorrow because he had broken the collar bone last year, so he is already a patient of this ortho. doc., thank goodness. I am just waiting to see if our doctor will push through the referral in time, we have hmo, which is a pain in the butt when something like this comes up. ugh.

I agree, way to serious.

Wow, my sons would love to be that tall! My oldest is 5'9", but his chart only puts him at about 5'10 or maybe a little more if he is lucky. I told him he could be done growing, or he could have one more spurt in him. DH is not much taller than me and DS keeps asking why I didn't marry someone taller :lol: Like he would be around if I married someone else :lol:

ETA, that's funny, DS has a scrimmage tonight too, but they are not letting him take infield or pitch. He may hit. b-o-r-i-n-g. He was so looking forward to this season, this is gonna kill him!

K9Owner
03-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Krystal How is your foot doing?

Much better, thx for asking. I've only ran once since starting RICE therapy.
I did get new inserts.

I'm tired as H-E-Double Hockey Stix!
I hate working where I do. Medical Corporate America SUX!

Sum38
03-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Any other hospitals near by? -- I think nurses are abused beyond belief! -- I have had a few few hospital stays, but the biggest one was the birth of my son (I gave birth to my DD in a private hospital where we were the only "customers" and oh boy, my stay was VIP)....any case I gave birth to my son in a BIG hospital. My nurse was there with me and who knows how many other moms to be. She was a saint. -- My doctor showed up for the big event, and he was not pleased that I went into active labor at 3:45 am. -- I actually yelled at him...lol I was in so much pain, and this particular dr refused to induce me and let me go over 10 days past my due date because he estimated my baby being 7 pounds; he was 10 lbs :mad: So when he came in with a *****y attitude because he was woken up, I lost it....hehe... I told him that I would much prefer my nurse delivering my baby.

You guys are amazing! the patience and tolerance, just amazing. -- The stress level much be sky high...everyone knows that the nurses actually do the hard work (shhhh...don't tell that to my son, brcause he wants to be a doctor :D)

Krystal :hug:

Sum38
03-21-2012, 05:10 PM
This IF stuff is making me feel like a :moo: when I eat, I just get so stuffed. I guess I have always liked eating BIG meals. -- But if that scale keeps going down, I think I have found the love of my life :D I feel guilty for being this full. :o

I am done for the day, and that means 24 h fast.

This may be TMI; I have had this really ugly soft fat in different places of my body. Each time it turns into this goo looking stuff, I actually get excited. Latest one was on my arms... and then I had a drop on my scale and all of a sudden my arms look skinnier. It looks really yucky at first tho.

Jo, any confirmation on your son's appointment?

Where is Deb? Or Larry?

jomatho
03-21-2012, 05:24 PM
This IF stuff is making me feel like a :moo: when I eat, I just get so stuffed. I guess I have always liked eating BIG meals. -- But if that scale keeps going down, I think I have found the love of my life :D I feel guilty for being this full. :o

I am done for the day, and that means 24 h fast.

This may be TMI; I have had this really ugly soft fat in different places of my body. Each time it turns into this goo looking stuff, I actually get excited. Latest one was on my arms... and then I had a drop on my scale and all of a sudden my arms look skinnier. It looks really yucky at first tho.

Jo, any confirmation on your son's appointment?

Where is Deb? Or Larry?

Yes, all confirmed for tomorrow morning.
He must have gone to the scrimmage and told the trainer that I suspected there was more going on than what she thought because she just called me to tell me that she re-evaluated him and he was testing positive in the AC joint test.
That means he has some kind of sprain in the joint between the clavicle and the shoulder, which is right where his pain is. There are grades of sprains, so we need to find out tomorrow what grade his is. I am hoping it is low grade, but I am concerned because he heard the popping. Also, there are 4 ligaments there, so depending on how many ligaments are involved, that affects which grade of sprain also. Hopefully only one. Strangely enough, this injury is usually caused by a fall onto the shoulder or hand, haven't found any reports of it happening during throwing :?: I think that is why the trainer didn't perform the joint test last night because it happened while throwing.

Sum38
03-21-2012, 08:12 PM
Funny thing, Cam's teammates had teased him that he has a hot mom...:lol: I guess I am improving :D

Sum38
03-22-2012, 08:04 AM
UGH, today will be a rough day.

I woke up with full blown PMS. My boobs are like water balloons, my face is "blooming", I am STARVING and weight up by a pound (so far). -- I always make a warm bfast for kids, eggs, bacon, hashbrowns etc....and I just wanted to have some. I quickly fed the left overs for the dog :lol:

I am going my best to do 24 hour fast, but I don't know if I will have the will power to fight through these cravings and hunger.

This is why I originally got interested in IF. So we shall see.

jomatho
03-22-2012, 08:14 AM
Funny thing, Cam's teammates had teased him that he has a hot mom...:lol: I guess I am improving :D

Uh oh, watch out for those teenage boys! Especially if they start calling you the MILF :lol:

jomatho
03-22-2012, 08:28 AM
UGH, today will be a rough day.

I woke up with full blown PMS. My boobs are like water balloons, my face is "blooming", I am STARVING and weight up by a pound (so far). -- I always make a warm bfast for kids, eggs, bacon, hashbrowns etc....and I just wanted to have some. I quickly fed the left overs for the dog :lol:

I am going my best to do 24 hour fast, but I don't know if I will have the will power to fight through these cravings and hunger.

This is why I originally got interested in IF. So we shall see.

ME TOO! My boobs are huge and achy! My cheeks and lips feel like they are pumped up. AND, I have slight cramps and feel bloated. I usually don't feel cramps until the day before or day of, so it makes me wonder if I will start earlier than expected. My app says in 5 days, but we will see about that.

I have a busy day today, taking DS to the doctor this morning, my dad will be over finishing the project from ****, haircut for me at 1:30 :yay:, oldest DS to baseball, youngest DS to his haircut at 4:45, fix dinner, get oldest from baseball, and in between all that I have to do some laundry, run 2 errands and, hmm, I think that is it.
Soooo, I will do a good fast today, but it will not be 24 hours. My window ended late yesterday, so I will probably stop around 20 or so. I can already sense that I will be hungrier today, uh oh.

Sum, Just do the best you can and try to go as long as you can. The more hours you get in the less chance of eating junk. Also, plan out exactly what you will eat when you are done, so there isn't any room for extras. Make a plan in case you end it early. Matter of fact, why don't you plan out an early cutoff time just in case so there are no surprises and if you get to that time and are doing well, just pass right by it. If not, you will have a plan in place. You will not binge! I want reports! I will try to check in between "events" today to see how you are doing.

Sum38
03-22-2012, 09:20 AM
I feel like an alcoholic; one hour at a time :lol:... I woke up at 6 and it is 8:20 am...I keep telling myself; you can do it, you can do it :D

Good luck at the doctors! I hope it is something minor!!!

K9Owner
03-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Uh oh, watch out for those teenage boys! Especially if they start calling you the MILF :lol:

COUGAR
RAWR

K9Owner
03-22-2012, 11:36 AM
MORNING ALL :wave:
I lifted last night and increased the weights. My ar$e is friggin sore as all get out!!

I semi-fasted yesterday, after consuming about 1500 cals between Midnight and 8am!!
I stopped at 8, went to bed. Got up early to go back in to work for a bit--paperwork stuff--. Went to the gym, lifted heavy, got really really low Blood Sugar, although idk what it was--no meter.
@ 9:30 I ate 4 GU Chomps (90 cals)
finished my workout til 10pm
When I got home, I had a Recovery Shake (115 cals) & FELL OUT in my bed!!
I think I still consider that fasting!!! It was only enough nutrition to get me through the workout and to recover.

I woke up this a.m. @ 830 and had Almond Butter and Banana--that's kinda pivotal for me!!! Like 24 hrs!! Something I may NEVER get into the habit of doing!
Kuddos to you Kristiina and Jo for being able to pull off a 24 hr fast.
Maybe after all the running.

So, on 2/07, I was measured at the gym. I was supposed to do this whimpy circuit using a row of cable weights, which I did maybe 4x max. I was to warm up 15 min on the stairs and do 30min max effort on the dreadmill after the circuit. Well, you all know how long that lasted! Once I was able to run outside, it was bye-bye dreadmill!! I was also supposed to be re-measured after my 15th visit, which would have been like 15 days ago or something. :lol:
I go, but I don't always report myself as coming in. Anyway, when I thought about going was when I was like 147 or something. I wasn't going like that!! So, I went in last night to do it.

Results: According to their scale-loss of 1.7
Measurements: Gained EVERYWHERE except my oblique area--under the 'girls'. Big gains imo 1" in my arm and 1" in my upper right thigh!
The girl doing it said it was all muscle. She commied, "I measure women all the time, this is NOT fat. What is your goal? You have almost no body fat on you."
This was after I told her I was considered "Skinny Fat". She disagreed 100%!!

I'm holding at 143.6 & happy with that # for now!

Hope you all have a great day.

Missing Deb and Larry! I hope you 2 are ok!!

K9Owner
03-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Food For Thought: I bought some Bisquick Gluten Free Pancake and Baking Mix. I thought it was just baking mix--like flour! I put 5g in my omelet this a.m. It was REALLY FLUFFY!! I think I like this idea!! Thanks Kristiina!! :T

Sum38
03-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Krystal, I just searched your crockpot recipe....making it now.

Did you bake the omelet in oven? I usually beat the eggs and milk really frothy....first I place the wedgies on pan with oil then pour the egg mixture in, cook it for a little bit, and then finish cooking in the oven at 350, I usually add cheese right before putting the omelet in the oven.

Hehe....my gluten misery brought some positive out :)

Sum38
03-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Darn iPad...the wedgies....hehe...veggies

K9Owner
03-22-2012, 12:53 PM
I didn't bake it. I just used coconut oil on the stovetop. I didn't know to bake it, but I thought: if I even add 1/8tsp of Xanthan...what would that make it??? Hmmm...

& yes, we have plenty of hospitals here. All of which would be a lateral move for me w/less pay! When I switch, I'll be in a new city!!

jomatho
03-22-2012, 02:03 PM
Just checkin in to see how everyone is doing. I haven't had time to eat, but getting hungry.
Off to my haircut and now I am regretting making the appt. I have liked my hair the last couple days, of course! That always seems to happen to me. Not sure if I am up for something new or keep the same style and get it trimmed. I am usually up for something new, but today I am just not sure. Dang PMS making me all funky or something.

jomatho
03-22-2012, 04:19 PM
I love to make fritatas. Not sure I spelled that right, but saute the veggies, poor the egg mixture over and then finish baking it in the oven. It puffs all up when it's ready to come out. Sounds like what Kristiina was talking about. I have some of that GF bisquick, I may try adding some next time to see what it does.

You guys are making me hungry. I have the crock pot going today too. Pork loin that was in a marinade, yummy. Just chopped up a big salad so I wasn't scrambling later on.

Krystal, I am going to give you my opinion and just remember opinions are like rear ends, everyone has one :D. I think it is highly doubtful you gained so much muscle since you joined the gym in order to gain that many inches. It is very hard for a female to gain even 5 pounds of muscle in a year when she is eating at maintenance or over. Next to impossible while eating at a deficit. I wonder if the extra inches are due to water being held in the muscles as they repair themselves, I know you have been extremely sore. Which if that is the case, you would be holding quite a bit of water in those muscles and your scale weight is probably much higher than your true weight. Which I think is awesome anyways. So there you have it, that's my opinion, for what it's worth. I think she gave you some very nice compliments though and you should be proud of all your hard work. I never thought you were skinny fat for one second, so I am glad she made a point of saying that!

Ok, off and running again. . .

K9Owner
03-22-2012, 05:39 PM
JO: I think you are prob right about the water & today--since doing lunges & squats last nite--my glutes feel like buns of steel! No flab @ all and I defo would fail the pencil test today!!
:lol:

5lbs/yr??? Seriously?? {{sigh}}
I should have started at 26 instead of re-starting at 36!!

alaskanlaughter
03-22-2012, 05:55 PM
i am here...been enjoying a spring break with my boys...have taken the entire week off from any form of workout although i still watch my calories...im almost completely recovered from that nasty cough/head cold thing that knocked me down last week...took the boys to the aquatic center this morning for a few hours, was in the pool with them for that time...nothing much else going on here

jomatho
03-22-2012, 06:21 PM
:dizzy:JO: I think you are prob right about the water & today--since doing lunges & squats last nite--my glutes feel like buns of steel! No flab @ all and I defo would fail the pencil test today!!
:lol:

5lbs/yr??? Seriously?? {{sigh}}
I should have started at 26 instead of re-starting at 36!!

H-e-l-l-o, try 42!
Thats' what I keep reading anyways. I am sure there are outliers as with anything, so maybe you could gain more than that in a year, but probably not eating at a deficit. What you are doing by lifting now during fat loss/deficit is preserving the muscle you have, so you lose mostly fat and not a lot of muscle. Not sure you want to be gaining that much muscle (in inches) that fast anyways! You would be going up in sizes, eek. Once that water goes, you will probably see a HUGE drop in not only scale weight, but measurements because you are losing fat all the while you are at a deficit. I bet once this 1/2 Mary is done and you can ease up a little, you are going to shrink like a shrinky dink.

ETA, oops I am only 41 :lol: for a few weeks more anyways :lol:

jomatho
03-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Alaskan, glad you are having a nice vacation and are feeling better! I think you are doing the right thing taking a break.

Sum, how did you do today? Hope all is well! I made it about 22 or 23 hrs., can't really remember when I stopped last night, but it feels long enough to me!!!

Sum38
03-22-2012, 07:31 PM
I feel like a bloated :ink: -- I think I lasted nearly 24 hours but then i have kinda just snacked. I don't think I have really eaten THAT much, but I am just feeling like a balloon. I should really stay away from the scale for the next 5 days :o

Jo, what did the dr say about your son?

alaskanlaughter
03-23-2012, 01:18 AM
i have a question for you all that i meant to post earlier...since the end of last week, when i was getting sick and still running, my joints(?) or muscles(?) have been aching really badly...it comes and goes and is reminiscent of how my carpal tunnel would feel in my arms when i used to type alot at my job (journalism)....my wrists hurt, my arms ache, my shoulders ache, mostly my left arm more than my right arm...comes n goes...my legs, ankles and knees ache also, my left more than my right...

i havent changed anything in my diet or exercise routine except taking this week off running due to spring break and being sick earlier....im not eating more calories or different types of food...im not doing anything different beyond staying home but it was happening last week when i was working

someone said that because we messed around with our furnace, that the resultant dust/toxins(?) in the air may have made us sick...would that contribute?

my weight has stayed the same, between 197-199 where ive maintained since about january....i dont feel like im retaining water or inflamed...its the week before my period but ive never experienced this before at any point during my month

it hurt so bad last night that i couldnt fall asleep, my left arm aching...today at the pool my son grabbed my left wrist and it HURT SO BAD but he wasnt being more rough than usual, just having fun floating around....

help!! what should i do? anything? wait it out?

Sum38
03-23-2012, 08:43 AM
PMS galore. Yay :D I knew I should have stayed away from my scale, 149 :doh:

Rain in the forecast so I will get my walk in early. I think I will scrub my bathroom and clean master bedroom today as well, that should keep me moving a bit.

hey...I am the old lady here, 44 :yikes:

Krystal, I bet you are a solid piece of muscle! -- I am just pile of goo. -- Well my legs are looking great(ish) but the rest needs work. I am just lacking motivation what comes to lifting weights...maybe once I get over all fat reduced more, I will get interested in toning.

Jo: What's your plan? I am doing 6 hour eating window. Today I will count each piece, yesterday after my fast I did a lot of mindless eating....

Well I am off to my 5.5 mile Nordic Walk... Have a fab day!!

jomatho
03-23-2012, 11:12 AM
PMS galore. Yay :D I knew I should have stayed away from my scale, 149 :doh:

Rain in the forecast so I will get my walk in early. I think I will scrub my bathroom and clean master bedroom today as well, that should keep me moving a bit.

hey...I am the old lady here, 44 :yikes:

Krystal, I bet you are a solid piece of muscle! -- I am just pile of goo. -- Well my legs are looking great(ish) but the rest needs work. I am just lacking motivation what comes to lifting weights...maybe once I get over all fat reduced more, I will get interested in toning.

Jo: What's your plan? I am doing 6 hour eating window. Today I will count each piece, yesterday after my fast I did a lot of mindless eating....

Well I am off to my 5.5 mile Nordic Walk... Have a fab day!!

Probably a 6 hour window. DH wants to go to a performance at the University either tonight or tomorrow, so I told him I NEED to know which night. I have to plan out my eating, he knows how important it is to me!!! :tantrum: Still waiting to hear from him. . .

jomatho
03-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Um, yeah, I would say Krystal is one big muscle, did you see her new butt shot on mfp? Pretty impressive! You could bounce a quarter off that thing :rofl:

Sum, I hardly doubt you are a pc. of goo! I too still have some flab, but it is getting flabbier so it will go too. What about your skin? I don't see a lot of loose skin, so for that I am glad. IDK what it will look like when the rest of the flab goes though. I am hoping that since I have lost nice and SLOWLY that my skin will stay nice. The faster you lose, the more muscle that is being burned with the fat and that is how all the loose skin comes about. Especially as we are nearing our goals, we really should be only trying for about a half a pound a week. Any more than that and it is mostly muscle. Not good. Once you lose the flab and the muscle, there is not much left there but skin. Ick! So :yay: for slow losers, another good excuse for us!

jomatho
03-23-2012, 11:25 AM
i have a question for you all that i meant to post earlier...since the end of last week, when i was getting sick and still running, my joints(?) or muscles(?) have been aching really badly...it comes and goes and is reminiscent of how my carpal tunnel would feel in my arms when i used to type alot at my job (journalism)....my wrists hurt, my arms ache, my shoulders ache, mostly my left arm more than my right arm...comes n goes...my legs, ankles and knees ache also, my left more than my right...

i havent changed anything in my diet or exercise routine except taking this week off running due to spring break and being sick earlier....im not eating more calories or different types of food...im not doing anything different beyond staying home but it was happening last week when i was working

someone said that because we messed around with our furnace, that the resultant dust/toxins(?) in the air may have made us sick...would that contribute?

my weight has stayed the same, between 197-199 where ive maintained since about january....i dont feel like im retaining water or inflamed...its the week before my period but ive never experienced this before at any point during my month

it hurt so bad last night that i couldnt fall asleep, my left arm aching...today at the pool my son grabbed my left wrist and it HURT SO BAD but he wasnt being more rough than usual, just having fun floating around....

help!! what should i do? anything? wait it out?

Hmmm, not sure about that. I have heard with any house construction, allergies can be affected, but not sure about joints. I would wonder if it has to do with hormones if it were me. See if it goes away and then pay attention to when and if it comes back again. If it is not hormonally related, then maybe I would go in and get checked out. Plus, you were just sick, maybe it is related to that? Kinda like when you have the flu and get achy? Sorry I don't have any other suggestions for you.

K9Owner
03-23-2012, 03:54 PM
Alaskan:I'd personally wait a week or so, take some Motrin or Advil for pain & see how you feel. You were just ill. It could be more, but I wouldn't jump on speculation this early. I do hope u feel better!

jomatho
03-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Alaskan, I just had a thought about you and see K9 responded too. Maybe your cough turned into pneumonia? That would explain the aching. I would think you would be running a fever too though.

jomatho
03-23-2012, 04:10 PM
I am super duper hungry today. I have had to pull out every trick in the book to keep from munching because I know if I start it will be hard to stop. Just trying to make it to dinner, once I eat that I am usually satisfied for the night. I hate days like this.
Also, I could not get warmed up earlier today either. I finally hopped back into bed under the covers which must have done the trick because I woke up about an hour later nice and toasty.
Darn hormones! I feel like eating:corn:and :mcd:and :cofdate:and :chockiss:and :burger:and :cheese:and :m:and :jeno:and :cookie:and :cookie:and another:cookie:
Living vicariously through the emoticons

jomatho
03-23-2012, 04:14 PM
Wow, we get a lot of views of our thread yet not many posters. Must be a lot of people interested in what the slow dancers are doing :dance:

Sum38
03-24-2012, 08:45 AM
OMG, Yes I saw that a$$ of Krylstal's and I decided I don't like her any more :rofl: Seriously, that is one FINE piece. I even had to show it to my hubby. -I want one!! Krystal; WELL DONE!

So Krystal's tush and your question Jo made me do something. I stripped naked and took a good look at myself. -- I was so hoping my husband did not walk on me, because he would have thought that I was either performing some sort of a strange sexual act or just had lost my mind :D Anycase, my skin looks "okay". I will have the pooch on my lower belly I received as a parting gift from my pregnancies, it won't completely go away no matter now skinny/toned I get. -- I have this layer of lumpy fat everywhere, jut makes me thing I am going to seriously need to consider weights or I will have such a long way to go in weight loss wise.
-- Of course my a$$ is an old one; I am 44 and things are not as perky as they used to be. SIGH!! -- But it was a really good experiment though. I don't think I have done that before. -- Wonder though, how much PMS is adding to my lumpiness??

I had a busy day; I scrubbed my master bathroom for 3 hours and it is sparkling! My house was build in late 90's and white was in at that point. White tile is a pain to keep looking fresh.

Eating has been meh; I loathe PMS. I did not even step on scale today because I know it is going to be unpleasant.

Something FAB happened. As you know Cam has a sore elbow. He knew that the coaches REALLY liked him and he was really bummed out because this was another year missed HS baseball. Well coached picked him as DH!!! They had said that he has so much talent and they are grooming him for VARSITY team on his JUNIOR year! So they took him. -- They won't play him on defense because they don't want to injure his arm. -- This is so big because our HS has 2500 kids and always leads what comes to sports. I thought he was joking at first. I am so happy for him, last year they cut him because he was too small...his whole season was a mess. He is quite sensitive what comes to "mindgames" and sports.

Rainy here :( I will try to get a walk in sometime today.

jomatho
03-24-2012, 09:44 AM
GM!

I actually slept in a little today :yay:

Rainy here too. Not sure what my plans are but I don't think I will fast today (she says as she is enjoying a cup of coffee with her favorite flavored creamer :coffee: :lol:). And I think I will wait to spike tomorrow, so today I may try to ruuuuuuuun. I jogged in place a little yesterday and am feeling pretty good, so I am going to give it a go. Walking is great and I will continue it, but there is just nothing like the feel of running, the cadence, the breathing, how it makes my legs feel (and even my arms/core) and the best part, the sweat just pouring out of me, I love it and I miss it. I sound deranged don't I, muhahahah.

I finished the day yesterday around 1600 cals, a little higher than I was shooting for, but I was so hungry, that was the best I could do.
Don't think I am going to have any loss this week, but with TOM pending and having a big loss last week I think that is par for the course. Tomorrow is my official weigh in, so who knows.

Sum38
03-24-2012, 09:46 AM
I just learned if calories are kept under 50, it is not considered breaking the fast....my 1/2 and 1/2 is only 35!!

Sum38
03-24-2012, 09:49 AM
Wow, we get a lot of views of our thread yet not many posters. Must be a lot of people interested in what the slow dancers are doing :dance:

They should just jump in; we won't bite!

jomatho
03-24-2012, 09:56 AM
They should just jump in; we won't bite!
Unless they want us to :D
Did I say that :o?

Sum38
03-24-2012, 10:21 AM
I remember when you started running Jo. I was so impressed! It really melted your fat away.

Are you going to run outdoors today or indoors? So you and Krystal will just run past me and leave me walking alone. -- I will get to the finish line, slowly but surely :D :D

jomatho
03-24-2012, 11:30 AM
I remember when you started running Jo. I was so impressed! It really melted your fat away.

Are you going to run outdoors today or indoors? So you and Krystal will just run past me and leave me walking alone. -- I will get to the finish line, slowly but surely :D :D

Oh yeah right, you walk faster than I run, it will be me running over the finish line last! What was you lastest mph? I average about 4.0 walking and 5.0 running. I can run faster, but just prefer to settle right around 5.0, so I am no speedster (unless I am running intervals/HIIT). You would probably lap me. And with your poles, you are prob. burning more than me!!!
Change of plans (again), we will be out and about today and have a performance to go to tonight, kind of like a 'glee' group at the university, so I am going to spike today and enjoy dinner out tonight. So I will run tomorrow, hehe.
So my plan will be to do some kind of a fast tomorrow and try out running during that, and then hopefully back to the 24 hour Monday? What is your schedule like?

Sum38
03-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Ds has scrimmage and dd has sole and ensemble. I will have a low calorie day. I am waiting for the Bb game to start.

I average 4.2-4.3 mph now with my poles. Looking at Krystal's butt.....oh that sounds so wrong :D I think running would be a good idea.....I don't think my walking is going to give me that KK's look that Krystal is sprting around.

I saw the young American's up in Boyne last summer....dinner theatre kind of a performance. it was fun. Enjoy your spike day!!!!

Sum38
03-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Phones suck what comes to spelling.....ugh.
Just pretend it is posted with my accent I have :D

jomatho
03-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Ds has scrimmage and dd has sole and ensemble. I will have a low calorie day. I am waiting for the Bb game to start.

I average 4.2-4.3 mph now with my poles. Looking at Krystal's butt.....oh that sounds so wrong :D I think running would be a good idea.....I don't think my walking is going to give me that KK's look that Krystal is sprting around.

I saw the young American's up in Boyne last summer....dinner theatre kind of a performance. it was fun. Enjoy your spike day!!!!

Running probably won't do it either, have you looked at runners butts? Usually nothing there :lol:. Its lifting heavy weights and the squats, lunges, etc. Have you ever seen the before and after pics of the brazilian butt lift program? They are amazing. Maybe Krystal needs to make up a program for us or let us in on her secret!

alaskanlaughter
03-24-2012, 03:01 PM
i had an awesome spring break staying home with the boys, getting random things done and taking it easy...i think my aches may be related to my back because after DH worked on my shoulders real good, the aching in my arms stopped and hasnt come back...

i decided to start running again today...it's been exactly a week since ive ran and i decided to start again on the weekend especially since i'm insanely busy this upcoming week and weekend

besides going back to work this week, there is an upcoming statewide education conference next weekend that i am a big part of...im on the board of directors for the local organization of the national organization and this conference is big statewide...i do things like pick up our keynote speakers from the airport, do the whole "welcome to alaska" bit and get them to their hotels...i have other stuff to do as well but i forget what, it's at work on a sticky note lol...the conference continues next saturday as well and then next sunday is our son's 6th birthday with possibly the whole birthday party thing on sunday...

i enjoyed this week especially knowing that next week and weekend are going to be crazy busy

i also have NEW(!) running pants....ive never had a new pair of workout clothes ever...always thought i'd jinx myself if i got new stuff lol....but the old pants fell apart :( AND i figured out how to put music on my iPhone yay!

K9Owner
03-24-2012, 03:58 PM
You gyals have been chatty for a Saturday!!
Always when I'm not around to defend myself, eh!!

You all are cracking me up about my rear!!

I am coming back to defend myself, but it is too gorgeous here to be indoors!
I just came in long enough for lunch!

I have tips for strengthening your rear, but be prepared to change plains SLOWLY!! Even sitting on the toilet kills me a day to 2 days after a lifting session!

K9Owner
03-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Darn hormones! I feel like eating:corn:and :mcd:and :cofdate:and :chockiss:and :burger:and :cheese:and :m:and :jeno:and :cookie:and :cookie:and another:cookie:
Living vicariously through the emoticons

O
M
GOODNESS!!

alaskanlaughter
03-24-2012, 05:41 PM
reporting in after my workout :D was SO GOOD to get back into it...

i did 3.1 miles total which i think is a 5K and of those miles, i ran 2 miles total in increments of half miles....run half mile, walk a minute, run half mile etc...im running at 5.0 speed which for me seems very fast because i take short steps because of my lower back problems, makes it harder to twist my hips far enough to take long strides...i'm working on it but im not sure if it's a matter of "trying harder" or if thats just the way my hips will always work

regardless, it was good to get back at it and push myself...now for a shower and some grocery shopping

Sum38
03-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Jo, how was your date night?
Krystal, I almost :lol: took a butt picture for comparison :D my hubby is formulating work out for me now.....he knows I am a tad bit competitive...hehe

jomatho
03-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Jo, how was your date night?
Krystal, I almost :lol: took a butt picture for comparison :D my hubby is formulating work out for me now.....he knows I am a tad bit competitive...hehe

We had a great time. Haha, now I am going to have to start working on my bum again!

alaskanlaughter
03-25-2012, 04:49 PM
worked out this morning....spent 45 minutes on the treadmill...ran a mile and a half at 5.0 even though i was so sore yesterday from running that i could barely move...im sure i'll regret this today too LOL but it doesnt hurt while i'm doing it...i ran in intervals of half miles and then walked the last 10 minutes or so at a 15% incline....im dripping sweat and soaked...hard to believe the treadmill only says i burned 290 calories and (from what i read about those counters) probably less than that...sucksss but i still like running

its sunny out and about 40 degrees....springtime!!...breaking out the grill on the deck tonight LOL yes, at 40 degrees warm!

Sum38
03-25-2012, 04:54 PM
Jo, let's do it!! We will have even hotter behind than Krystal's :D :D Little competition never hurt anyone :angel:

K9Owner
03-25-2012, 11:27 PM
2 words for you 2 butt maniacs::
BRING IT!!

K9Owner
03-26-2012, 12:06 AM
So, as promised, I will provide you ladies a little perspective on my weight lifting workout. Although, you have always been able to see them on MFP.

I saw this photo (http://lifeplusfitness.blogspot.com/2012/01/great-glutes-in-20-minutes.html) on Pinterest & thought, "There's a fit body! Nice glutes, not skinny, but strong!" Which happens to be the NEW skinny!!

I have never been a size 6 & there is no reason for me to think it is realistic at age 36, I will ever be there now. However, this strong/fit look is doable for me. I have a large body frame with large bones. I just didn't get the height to go along with it! :devil:

Then, I bought the NROLFW book. I've read it a couple of times already and the workouts just seem confusing for this blonde. So, I used the exercises in the book and came up with my own routine.

I have yet to be on a set routine from week to week, like most people do.
This just does not work for me with my work schedule.

On Leg days, this is what my routine looks like
Warm up on the Stair climber for 15min on an interval rotation at level 2.
Then, on to the free weights.
I have 2 different workouts
A:
Jump Rope (Skips): High Knees 50 reps
Lunge: 20lb Dumb Bells in each Hand
Angled Leg Press: Started @ 50lbs, Now 60lbs
Hack Squat: Started @ Body Weight, Now Body Weight +20lbs
Single Leg Hamstring curl: Started @ 10lbs, Now 15 lbs

B:
Jump Rope (Skips): High Knees 50 reps
Squats Using Smith Machine (Saving my back!): 50 lbs
Static Lunges: 15lb Dumb Bells in each hand (30lb total)
Step Ups on a bench: 40lb BarBell

Doesn't seem like a heavy lift, but for me--it is PLENTY! I usually cannot change plains normally for at least 2-3 days after one of these & sitting is next to impossible, esp on a toilet seat!! I do the skips to keep my heart rate up, thereby keeping me burning the cals between sets. I do 3 sets of 8 for each exercise.

I try to do one of these once a week. I try to do arms 2x a week--my batwings are worse than my glutes atm. Then, of course, the running.
It makes for a very busy week :)

This coming up week, I plan to add some of the more advanced moves from the book. I have been on these particular sets for about a month I guess. I'm keeping the lunges and the squats. They are VERY challenging for me!

K9Owner
03-26-2012, 01:14 AM
A very small preview of before and after shots. I have SOOOO far to go, it's unreal!

April 2011 {165lbs}
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m149/chosengiver/IMG_0565-1-1.png

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m149/chosengiver/IMG_0566-1.png

December 2011 (Before Weight Lifting) {148lbs}
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m149/chosengiver/IMG_0599-1.png

March 2012 (1 Month of Weight Lifting) {143lbs}
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m149/chosengiver/IMG_0532-2.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m149/chosengiver/IMG_0549-1.jpg

jomatho
03-26-2012, 08:42 AM
Sorry I have been somewhat quiet, I am feeling pretty miserable. Cranky, tired and very crampy this month for some reason. I am hoping today is better, but yesterday was yuck. I started TOM yesterday so hoping the cramps are going to be subsiding.

On a positive note, I ran yesterday for about 30 minutes and it felt amazing. I take back what I said about the running not building your butt. When I started out I was like wth, why is my a$$ jiggling, I don't remember feeling my a$$ jiggle before, oh no, all those hours on the couch did my a$$ in? But by the end of the run, no more jiggle. I'll see on the next run how it feels.
I have a tiny bit of all over soreness today that tells me I did something different, so that is good. I looked back on my logs, and it was exactly one month since I had run, wow! Oh, and my tailbone feels no worse for the wear, yay!

Krystal, thanks for sharing your pics, what a huge difference, very inspiring to show that you don't have to lose loads of pounds to really change your body.
I :lol: when you said NROLW was hard to follow. I thought the same thing! I have read and followed other weight lifting programs with no problem, but that one is something else to figure out! I found those excel sheets I pm'd you a while back very helpful. I am not sure I am going to go back into that program either. I may do some free form too. I have lots of favorite exercises and hate to be stuck doing the same thing for weeks on end.
I hate that feeling of not being able to sit. I actually had another member tell me I needed to rethink what I was doing if I was that sore! Hello, if you are not sore from lifting weights, why do it? You need to be sore to build and strengthen muscle. And I am just prone to hamstring and buttock soreness, must be my weak areas. If someone tells me that again, I am going to show them your butt shot. See, sore muscles = muscle growth.
Your abs are looking superb also, wtg, I am impressed!

Sum, what's your plan for today? I am just going for as long as possible. I "finished" eating at around 4:30 yesterday, but not because I met my calories, but because I was crampy and miserable and just didn't feel like stuffing anything else in just to get in the calories. So I was low cal yesterday and not sure how that will make me feel today.

K9Owner
03-26-2012, 12:16 PM
:wave:
Jo: I am pre-TOM with you and as a gift, yet another 5lb water balloon for my belly! UGH!
I'm cranky. I feel bad, & I can't force myself out of bed!
Luckily for me, I do my routines at night. I have plenty of time to medicate today before I go strengthen the batwings!

I was glad to read you status about running yesterday. I didn't think it had been a month already. WoW! Where does the time go??

jomatho
03-26-2012, 12:22 PM
:wave:
Jo: I am pre-TOM with you and as a gift, yet another 5lb water balloon for my belly! UGH!
I'm cranky. I feel bad, & I can't force myself out of bed!
Luckily for me, I do my routines at night. I have plenty of time to medicate today before I go strengthen the batwings!

I was glad to read you status about running yesterday. I didn't think it had been a month already. WoW! Where does the time go??

I know, time flies when your being lazy like me :lol:

I am worried about Sum, she usually checks in by now. I am hoping she is just busy and not succumbing to TOMs evil cravings!!!!!!

K9Owner
03-26-2012, 01:18 PM
I am worried about Sum, she usually checks in by now. I am hoping she is just busy and not succumbing to TOMs evil cravings!!!!!!

Funny you say this...My cravings are SEVERE about 5-7 days before TOM. But the closer it gets, the more they taper. I was STARVING last Thursday-Saturday....today I am not so hungry, but I have to eat something because I am crampy/achy, and I need a Goody's Cool Orange!

I wasn't feeling IT for breakfast, so I waited for lunch. 15hr fast for me today.
Totally unplanned! I'll take it :)

Sum38
03-26-2012, 03:13 PM
I am hiding from life and TOM. I busied myself with bfast for kids and laundry at first. Then I I waked 122 minutes. Now I am window shopping.

I wanna gorge. But I won't give in. I am day dreaming of boiled eggs and avocado. Hehe.

Krystal.....that was me at 165!!!! Except my belly button frowned more. I kinda regret that I have no pictures. I think it is still not too late to get honest ones. You look great at 148....I still have so much goo.... I look pretty nice with clothes on, without.....not so much.

jomatho
03-26-2012, 04:17 PM
I am hiding from life and TOM. I busied myself with bfast for kids and laundry at first. Then I I waked 122 minutes. Now I am window shopping.

I wanna gorge. But I won't give in. I am day dreaming of boiled eggs and avocado. Hehe.

Krystal.....that was me at 165!!!! Except my belly button frowned more. I kinda regret that I have no pictures. I think it is still not too late to get honest ones. You look great at 148....I still have so much goo.... I look pretty nice with clothes on, without.....not so much.

:hug: glad you are doing okay and checked in, I was getting just a smidge worried that you did a face plant into a heap of nachos or something :rofl: Okay, maybe that is my daydream that I am projecting onto you. . .

What??? You are shopping without me???

Kidding. Good for you for finding a great distraction!

Sum38
03-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Hehe Jo. -- I actually had a few nachos this afternoon :) -- I did not log my eating today, but it was very low. I was hungry earlier on and now I have no appetite. I fasted 24 h; I have a very tight feeling on my chest and I napped from 3:30-7 pm, I think I am getting sick :(

I have not stepped on scale; the willpower :)

We have a large outlet mall called Great Lakes Crossings 5 minutes from my house. I popped in to see spring/summer clothing. I love all the colors this year!! We would have fun shopping; we would do some power walking and some retail therapy!

ItsMyTurn
03-26-2012, 10:08 PM
Krystal - You look amazing!!! What a huge difference for your before and after!!!! It's not a huge weight difference, but what an amazing shaping difference!!!! I am so proud of you :D Great job! :woohoo:

jomatho
03-27-2012, 08:29 AM
Hi girls, hope everyone is doing well today.

I am pretty tired today, not sleeping well this week.

I also feel a teeny tiny bit under the weather, hoping it doesn't turn into anything major. My youngest is sick with sore throat, and stuffiness. He hasn't felt bad enough to stay home from school, but enough to feel icky.

Pretty much the usual for me today, walk and then my list of other crap to get done. I was going to try to weight lift this week (all because of Krystals butt), but haven't gotten down there yet. I am sure once TOM is gone, I will get my energy back, especially if I can get some good sleep under my belt. Thankfully, I think the cramps are gone today, and (I am hoping) that black cloud over my mood might be starting to lift.

I will probably do fast 5 today if I can.

jomatho
03-27-2012, 08:39 AM
Hehe Jo. -- I actually had a few nachos this afternoon :) -- I did not log my eating today, but it was very low. I was hungry earlier on and now I have no appetite. I fasted 24 h; I have a very tight feeling on my chest and I napped from 3:30-7 pm, I think I am getting sick :(

I have not stepped on scale; the willpower :)

We have a large outlet mall called Great Lakes Crossings 5 minutes from my house. I popped in to see spring/summer clothing. I love all the colors this year!! We would have fun shopping; we would do some power walking and some retail therapy!

We are on the same food wavelength!
Uh oh, power walking through a mall with Kristiina, I might have to jog to keep up :rofl: Remind me to wear my running shoes!

Good for you staying off that scale. Just get through this week and it will be smooth sailing for a while again. You can do it.

K9Owner
03-27-2012, 01:55 PM
My plan today was to do a 16hr fast with only a GU before my a.m. 5 miler @ 0730.
Boy, did I fail miserably at that attempt.
I didn't crawl out of bed until 9, by 0915 I had downed the GU (100 cals), by 0930 I was ready to run--my brain was ready to run. The rest of me was screaming--go back to bed!!!
Worst Worst WORST 3 miler of my life!
Since I knew it was pretty much a wash, I came home, got my K9s and headed to the park for some hill intervals. I managed another mile.
I doubt I even burned off the cals from the GU!!!

Came home--showered--and what--hello--who's that???
TOM!!
I've been unpleasantly expecting you!!! :devil:
No wonder my run was lousy.
It is interesting to me how hormones play such an integral part of our overall health and wellness. They effect our mood, our emotions, our energy level, our sleep, really everything.
I am really glad I have you ladies to learn new things about myself that I may or may not have learned in nursing school (there is only so much info you can retain) :lol:

But seriously, last year, I didn't know so much about water weight, scale fluctuations, hormonal shifts, energy deposits during certain times of the month after ovulation, etc...
I remember losing it over a lb of water weight. Now, I expect to gain 5lbs before TOM and to lose those same 5lbs after ovulation.
I can look forward to wearing my skinny scrubs on week 2 and putting them up for future use on week 4. That's just life as a woman--at least it is for me.

I'm rambling.....
I work tonight. I should be sleeping, but my adrenaline is roaring still.

Kristiina: you'd be so proud of me...I ALMOST talked myself into going for :jeno: for lunch today. Then, I remembered--"If I even grace the front door, Kristiina will be right over my shoulder making fun of me & saying 'Look at me, I'm 143! Want another slice?? You could see 150 by Friday if you do' :devil: "

Gosh, we are deranged!!

jomatho
03-27-2012, 02:15 PM
My plan today was to do a 16hr fast with only a GU before my a.m. 5 miler @ 0730.
Boy, did I fail miserably at that attempt.
I didn't crawl out of bed until 9, by 0915 I had downed the GU (100 cals), by 0930 I was ready to run--my brain was ready to run. The rest of me was screaming--go back to bed!!!
Worst Worst WORST 3 miler of my life!
Since I knew it was pretty much a wash, I came home, got my K9s and headed to the park for some hill intervals. I managed another mile.
I doubt I even burned off the cals from the GU!!!

Came home--showered--and what--hello--who's that???
TOM!!
I've been unpleasantly expecting you!!! :devil:
No wonder my run was lousy.
It is interesting to me how hormones play such an integral part of our overall health and wellness. They effect our mood, our emotions, our energy level, our sleep, really everything.
I am really glad I have you ladies to learn new things about myself that I may or may not have learned in nursing school (there is only so much info you can retain) :lol:

But seriously, last year, I didn't know so much about water weight, scale fluctuations, hormonal shifts, energy deposits during certain times of the month after ovulation, etc...
I remember losing it over a lb of water weight. Now, I expect to gain 5lbs before TOM and to lose those same 5lbs after ovulation.
I can look forward to wearing my skinny scrubs on week 2 and putting them up for future use on week 4. That's just life as a woman--at least it is for me.

I'm rambling.....
I work tonight. I should be sleeping, but my adrenaline is roaring still.

Kristiina: you'd be so proud of me...I ALMOST talked myself into going for :jeno: for lunch today. Then, I remembered--"If I even grace the front door, Kristiina will be right over my shoulder making fun of me & saying 'Look at me, I'm 143! Want another slice?? You could see 150 by Friday if you do' :devil: "

Gosh, we are deranged!!

Sorry you had a crappy run because TOM was riding on your shoulders the whole time. I hate days like that. I do what you do, just call it and try again another day.
I sure have learned a lot about myself through this process too. If I knew then what I know now. . . .Ugh.
Great job avoiding the pizza!!!

Sum38
03-27-2012, 02:33 PM
Ladies, I am officially sick :( fever,chills and super sore lungs. Yuck. And TOM should get here tomorrow, double yuck. So we are all on same cycle now, very interesting!! We need to add some new dance partners to see if we can pull them into our cycle as well :) you are right Krystal, hormones are one mysterious world!

Nice to see you Itsmyturn!!

I hope you are not getting sicker Jo!

jomatho
03-27-2012, 07:51 PM
Ladies, I am officially sick :( fever,chills and super sore lungs. Yuck. And TOM should get here tomorrow, double yuck. So we are all on same cycle now, very interesting!! We need to add some new dance partners to see if we can pull them into our cycle as well :) you are right Krystal, hormones are one mysterious world!

Nice to see you Itsmyturn!!

I hope you are not getting sicker Jo!

That sounds cruddy and then TOM on top of it? :faint:
Get some rest and keep those fluids going!

No, I feel alright, I think I am just overly tired at this point :crossed:.
DS is still feeling just under the weather, but barely. Still going to school. His started out with light cough, sore throat and his chest hurt. Now he just c/o slightly sore throat and stuffy nose. Hoping that's all it is going to be and then it goes right out the back door with TOM, after I kick them both from behind :kickbutt:

ItsMyTurn
03-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Sum - Awww, thank you! Always a pleasure to see you all too!!!!

I have learned a TON in the last year. And OMG!!!! I am due for TOM at any moment!!! Hormones ALL over the place today! How the heck did we all get on same dang cycle? I haven't even been active on this thread! LOL!!!!

jomatho
03-28-2012, 08:09 AM
Sum - Awww, thank you! Always a pleasure to see you all too!!!!

I have learned a TON in the last year. And OMG!!!! I am due for TOM at any moment!!! Hormones ALL over the place today! How the heck did we all get on same dang cycle? I haven't even been active on this thread! LOL!!!!

Haha, the power of women when they band together! Must be from rubbing elbows with us on mfp.

You should pop in here more often, we are always good for a laugh or two!

Except right now, we are all a bunch of hormonal witches:witch2:.

Hows the weight loss going for you? I haven't seen you posting statuses on mfp quite as much, but I think I did see you say you have been busy.

Hope all is well, keep on fighting the good fight!

Sum38
03-28-2012, 10:15 AM
I went to bed early, and since kids have a late start I was able to sleep till 8:15 :woohoo:, I feel 100% better!!

I stepped on scale last night and I was 151.5...I was a bit bummed out. This morning, after 10 h sleep I was 149! -- How much does sleep affect our weightloss? I feel I am walking around in constant sleep deprivation mode. I wake up each morning at 6 am make b-fast for the kids and usually, 99% of the time, the alarm wakes me up. I get average maybe 6 h per night. -- I was thinking since kids grow the most during summer months and they say because they get the sleep they need, could we possibly shed more weight if we slept more? -- I remember one lady at MFP talking about that most of the fat is burned at night anyways.

Spring break is coming up and I intend to see if I can drop more weight that week by sleeping more :D

ETA: TOM is here and I survived under 150 pounds this month :D :D I am proud of myself :) Goal met!

jomatho
03-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Okay, on the sleep issue, I do wonder about this a lot. I would like to know how much, if any this affects my weight loss.
I am up at least a couple times during the night and sometimes have a hard time falling back to sleep, worse when hormones are at play. I am lucky if I get 6 straight hours. Usually 4 and then another 2-3, on a good night. When I was younger, I liked at least 9 hours. Less than that and I didn't function well; those were the days!
I look forward to sleeping a little more during spring break too. Maybe we will see some losses next week with all the sleep we get?

I sure wish I knew more about the sleep and weight loss connection.

ItsMyTurn
03-28-2012, 12:39 PM
Jo - I have been super busy lately actually. I am starting to get over being sick, plus DH has been sick and out of commission for like 2 weeks... so on top of being sick, I have had to pull all the weight at the house for both of us. Moms/wives can't have sick time, :lol: There's not much to tell on weight loss front though - still on same plateau since December... oy! Keep gaining and losing same dang 5 lbs...but... have been taking off inches, so not a total wash. 4 1/2 " off waist alone since start of plateau... 1.5" off hips, etc - they add up. Just be nice when the scale catches up, LOL.

Sum - great job meeting goal! You are right, sleep totally effects weight loss. The sleep provides a fuel for the body, just as food does in a way. The sleep is where the body resets itself though, and when we lack (as I do most times), it really does slow and complicate the process of weight loss and muscle building. My wellness coach is who has lectured me about this relentlessly - however, unless he is willing to take over with my kids, I don't have much for options, :lol:

Have a super day all!!!

K9Owner
03-28-2012, 03:22 PM
<<<------------------------CRANKY PANTS!!!!!

jomatho
03-28-2012, 03:48 PM
<<<------------------------CRANKY PANTS!!!!!

Awww, :hug: Wish I could make it go away!

jomatho
03-28-2012, 03:52 PM
<<<-------------------------HUNGRY PANTS!!!!!!

K9Owner
03-28-2012, 03:56 PM
<<<-------------------------HUNGRY PANTS!!!!!!

I need an "Ate everything & every carb in site" button on MFP!!!
2000 cals & counting!! How much more food can I possibly eat???

jomatho
03-28-2012, 04:00 PM
I need an "Ate everything & every carb in site" button on MFP!!!
2000 cals & counting!! How much more food can I possibly eat???

I know exactly how you feel today!!!!!!!!
I have my day planned out on mfp (this is supposed to be a low day for me), but I am never going to make it. I see what I have left for dinner and it is just not going to cut it. Oh well, what is a girl supposed to do?
I didn't even start eating until 11!
I hardly ever eat lunch because I eat breakfast so late. Today I needed lunch. What gives?

We can commiserate.

Sum38
03-28-2012, 04:16 PM
Cranky pants...hungry pants...stop picking on me :D

Sum38
03-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Jo, did you get any sleep? Let's make a pact that we become selfish mothers and refuse to burn the candle of both ends? -- I can't stay up with everyone and be the first one to be up to feed everyone :(

So let's go on weightloss "strike" :D Ask them if they want us to cater them at night or at mornings??? I am thinking my kids pick the mornings 'cause I always prepare so many meals in containers that are easy to heat up at night :lol:

jomatho
03-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Jo, did you get any sleep? Let's make a pact that we become selfish mothers and refuse to burn the candle of both ends? -- I can't stay up with everyone and be the first one to be up to feed everyone :(

So let's go on weightloss "strike" :D Ask them if they want us to cater them at night or at mornings??? I am thinking my kids pick the mornings 'cause I always prepare so many meals in containers that are easy to heat up at night :lol:

Hmmm, a weightloss strike sounds interesting.

I still wonder how much lack of sleep affects weight loss. Wonder if anyone else has that problem and if they see a correlation? Or are we just the weird ones. I know Krystal's sleep is all messed up due to shift work. Maybe we are onto something here in our slow dancing thread.

K9Owner
03-28-2012, 07:15 PM
Just getting back out of bed for the second time.
I hate TOM!!! Why the HE!! do hormonal cravings/hunger have to come along with it?? It's bad enough with the "physical" inconvenience.

Kristiina: I hope you are feeling better. Alot of people I know are getting the flu right now. What's really going on?? It's the end of flu season!!
Something tells me your family is going to protest any type of strike you hit them with. I know my hubby does. He just has to get over it though. :lol:

JO: The sleep part of this equation is HUGE!! I know when I get like 10 hrs of sleep, I am way lighter on the scale versus when I get 6! Your body burns fat in your sleep!

Star: I'm so glad you stopped in to say hello :) Your positiveness just makes me smile!! :) Hate to hear your on a plateau. Welcome to OUR world!!

I'm so glad I don't have to go to work again until Friday. I am really really starting to HATE HATE HATE my job. It used to just be that I didn't know what I was doing, then once I learned, it was tolerable. Now, our management is so bad, I hate going to work. They tell us what to wear, what to say to people, how to greet them, what wording to use, what time to do everything. The workload is insane! They speak out of both sides of their mouth, making it impossible to stay compliant to all of the policies.
It used to bother me, but I liked the people. Now, the people are becoming so mean and cruel to care for, I just want to stay home and do something else.
"Welcome To Walmart" sounds promising!

jomatho
03-29-2012, 08:18 AM
Okay, I hope everyone is feeling better today!!!

I feel great and DS seems to have skirted whatever was trying to sink its claws into him. Crossing fingers :crossed: no one gets sick over break.

DS goes for his MRI tonight at 9:00pm. That was the first available when we went to the Dr. last week! We will know more on Tues when we go back to the Dr..
We decided we are not going to Florida, he doesn't want to go if he cannot practice with the team, and I don't blame him. His birthday is next week, along with Easter and I hadn't planned on being home for either one, so now I have to make some plans. We will try to do some fun things since we are not traveling now.

Today I am trying for the usual Thursday 24 hour ESE type fast. I have a lot going on today, so hoping it goes well and I am not as hungry as I was yesterday. No walk this morning, have to take DS to orthodontist, but I am considering getting a run in after I do some errands.

TOM got booted out the back door and last night I woke up wet around the neck from sweat and was a little nauseous so that tells me my hormones are shifting again. The nausea is not new, but the night sweating has only been happening the last 4 months or so, and not every month. All my gyno said was "welcome to perimenopause". Nice.

Krystal, sorry work is so annoying right now. I know exactly where you are coming from. I was getting so burned out by my job when I left. I am just now getting to the point where I feel I could do a little again, possibly homecare or something. Don't laugh at the walmart thing, I was half considering being a part time secretary where DH works! The pay was much less, but it just sounded so non-complicated.

Sum, :wave: Hi you. Are you feeling better again today? Sure hope so. What is your plan for today? Are you fasting with me or am I going this one alone?

jomatho
03-29-2012, 08:33 AM
Oh my goodness I almost forgot to mention I measured myself yesterday.

Last measurements were on 2/18/12, so in about 6 weeks I

Lost 1/2" in neck (I haven't lost anything in my neck for a YEAR)
Lost 1.5" in bust (keep it coming girls)
upper arm and lower arm same
Lost 1/2" in waist
Lost 2.5" in hips!!!!!!! FINALLY!
Lost 1" in thigh
Lost 1/2" in calf

I am not looking at the leg losses to much because I haven't been lifting weights this month, so those are probably attributed to that, but I am extremely excited about the hips. I've been waiting for those fat pockets to start moving. The lower belly and hips are that squishy lumpy feel right now and I think they are vamoosing :yay:
I told DH about it and he said "I thought you were looking skinny necked" :rofl: I was waiting for a comment much dirtier about my hips :rofl:

ItsMyTurn
03-29-2012, 08:48 AM
Krystal - Thank you :) I would have kept coming more, but (and this is embarrassing to admit) I keep losing where to find the thread when it changes over. Your plateau length was super long, and now having mine gone on since December (or November... honestly I forget), this is the best thread for me, :lol: I am higher up on the scale then where you were for the plateau, but the scale doesn't seem to care. It will come though - physically impossible to not get a difference eventually, especially since the inches are coming off still.

Ok ladies - Prep yourselves for a better day than yesterday for all! :) *fingers crossed the power of the mind works* :D

Jo - When is DS birthday? My youngest has a birthday on the 6th, which is why I asked :) Great job on all the inches lost! And for being a skinny-neck! LOL! Better than redneck? :rofl:

Sum - Feeling better today? I have to tell ya; I think the strike "sounded" good, but we all know that our families won't actually allow something like that, LOL! Being a mom, you would give in ;)

I actually was able to get some sleep last night for the first time in quite awhile. DH is feeling better, so was able to help out again..thank goodness! Hopefully it will stick so I can get in my workout tonight after work... :D

Sum38
03-29-2012, 12:21 PM
I like it here, Itsmyturn! We are all normal and goofy and super supportive! I like more intimate settings anyways. And, we struggle but never give up :) These ladies have kept me on my path. I would have given up many moons ago, but I did not want to disappoint my sisters.