Support Groups - Slow Dancing With A Stranger {9} "March Madness"

Pages : 1 [2]

Sum38
03-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Jo....I forgot to fast! I just had lunch!

jomatho
03-29-2012, 01:02 PM
Jo....I forgot to fast! I just had lunch!

:frypan:

Yeah, not sure I am going to make it to 6:30 :faint:

Just kidding, I am doing alright so far. I will just take it as far as I am comfortable. I just finished running 2 miles (still taking it kind of easy) so I will see how that impacts me in the hours to come.

Hope that lunch was delicious!

K9Owner
03-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Morning All :)
I've been up and very busy this a.m.
My 7 y.o. nephew had a skit this morning at school:: "Q & U Get Married"
He was the "pastor"
HOW CUTE!!!
I took many photos.. The kid could have been mine instead of my sis's! :lol:
I still don't recognize myself.
I look so different to myself now!!

Hope you all are having a fab day. I'll check back later. I'm taking my K9s to my parents, and we are going fishing!!!
I keep having dreams of being in FL--shopping, fishing, and going to the beach!!
I NEED A HOLIDAY!!
:rofl:

Did I mention:: I HATE FISHING!!

Sum38
03-29-2012, 01:09 PM
I had the strangest conversation today. I really don't know what to think of this....
I took my walk and as I was almost done I met this lady. Okay....l have this problem that I will talk with everyone....lol...so of course I got talking to her. She is a marathon runner....she told me that she takes a capful of hydrogen peroxide, food kind not the brown bottle kind, before each run. She said it oxynates her blood and gives her extra umph for runs. Have you guys ever encountered that? Is she a nut case or is this something people actually do? Kinda scared me because I use hydrogen peroxide as bleach at home.

Sum38
03-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Hehe...I was thinking....fishing? Huh? You don't come across as a fisher....hehe

Are you doing better Krystal? Keeping your cake hole shut I mean? :lol:

jomatho
03-29-2012, 03:31 PM
I had the strangest conversation today. I really don't know what to think of this....
I took my walk and as I was almost done I met this lady. Okay....l have this problem that I will talk with everyone....lol...so of course I got talking to her. She is a marathon runner....she told me that she takes a capful of hydrogen peroxide, food kind not the brown bottle kind, before each run. She said it oxynates her blood and gives her extra umph for runs. Have you guys ever encountered that? Is she a nut case or is this something people actually do? Kinda scared me because I use hydrogen peroxide as bleach at home.

Never heard of it. I didn't know there was a food kind of peroxide???

Sum38
03-29-2012, 03:38 PM
I checked it on line and they call it "food grade"....still freaks me out :lol:

jomatho
03-29-2012, 03:44 PM
I had a good NSV today, actually two.
I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things and there is this old guy that walks the perimeter of the store daily for exercise who used to be a patient of mine. We are friendly to each other and we chat it up when I see him. Well today, I had to go out of my way to say hello and he said, "Oh I didn't recognize you, you've lost some weight". Or something like that, I can't remember his exact words, but it was cute.

THEN, one of the reasons I went to the store is because I finally had to break down and get a "ring keeper". My wedding rings are getting so loose, I am afraid I will lose them. Not sure what size my fingers are now, but much smaller than they were (almost) 20 years ago!!!

jomatho
03-29-2012, 03:48 PM
ItsMyTurn, DS birthday is the 7th and mine is the 11th. We usually celebrate them together. He was born on Easter Sunday, my little Easter Bunny.

K9, have fun fishing, or not. Took me a minute to figure out what "Q & U get Married" meant :rofl: Blonditis! That sounds adorable!

Sum38
03-29-2012, 09:15 PM
Evening ladies....

Last week I was basking in sun whilst watching DS's baseball try outs, tonight I froze my buns off watching his scrimmage. Welcome to Michigan.

I forgot to fast but I only ate around 1400 calories and took 5.5 mile walk. Feeling good.

I slept lousy last night, maybe 5 hours or less, I really hope I could get more sleep. I took a nap tho, which probably messed my night sleep again. I just want to sleep whole 8 hours a month straight and see if I got ahead with my weight loss.

Jo, congrats on your rings! I had mine resized (bigger) about a year ago and now they are getting big. You are rocking all over, neck down :D
Don't you just love old guys, they speak their minds and truths! It will be fun to get old, I can say what ever I please, be totally honest :)

Krystal, I just love it how involved you are with your nephews. They are very lucky! My sister is a very complicated person.....she can't stand it that I came nearly 12 years after her birth. I have always loved and adored her, envied (in a good way) her wild success.....but her envy towards my age has driven a drift between us over the years. I LOVE my SIL, she has become my sister and a confidant. ....sorry a rant here, I guess I am wishing I could have a "normal" family. Between my sister and my MIL, yikes. Hehe!

So you need a vacation.....I think we should meet up, all of us in a year or so...once we get to our goals and do an all girl's sunny getaway. I know that will not gratify your immediate vacation need :D

K9Owner
03-30-2012, 05:52 AM
Kristiina: I have NEVER heard of of the H2O2 drink. I will be inquiring about this! It sounds more than a little yuck to me, but so did flour in an omelet :rofl:
My whole family except ME are fishers, even my grandmother loved to fish! I don't like any part of it, but it's a good way to spend some time with my aging parents, not too mention my water-loving K9!! Although, yesterday, I didn't allow her to get wet! She was very upset over it too :lol:

My sister has 3 kiddos--2 boys(16 & 6.5) and 1 girl (21).
My brother has 2 estranged sons, but we never see them. I would have liked it if we were a art of their lives, but circumstances with their mother has prevented that from happening.
My sister's children and I are very close. My niece grew up like my sister instead of my niece, because my sister is 6 yrs older than I am. I was 15 when she was born and practically lived with my sister up until I went to college the first time @ 17. When they had their 1st son, I also lived with them. I couldn't get it together in my early 20s. Luckily, my sister had compassion for me :lol:
When DH and I got married, we lived 1 mile from them (before they moved 10 miles away into a larger house with the birth of their youngest son).
DH and I do things with them as much as we can., moreso in the summer, when they are out of school. It's kind of a trade off for being infertile.
I am TOTALLY up for meeting up whenever you 2 want a retreat!!! Just name the place--preferably, a beach!! & it doesn't have to be when I reach goal--he!!, at this rate, I'll be knocking on death's door first!! :lol:

JO: Awesome NSVs for you! I stopped wearing my wedding rings right about the time I started nursing--oh yeah--that was 9 yrs ago, the same time I got married. (Our anniversary is April 12) :lol: I never really wore it! I'm not that into jewels--lucky for DH, I guess. I'd rather spend my $ traveling!
Do you have special birthday plans?

Star: Awwe!! I had no idea you were having difficulty find the new threads. I'll mail them to you. They were supposed to be bi-monthly, but I was a slacker with the March thread, so we only did 1. It's easier to keep up with Jo, Alaskan, and Kristiina over here :lol: We have had a couple other people to post, but for whatever reason, they have stopped.
Larry was posting for a bit, but I suspect he has left 3FC. I never see him post anywhere on the forums. :(

RE: Your plateau…it doesn't matter what weight your at when it occurs-they SUCK & getting past them can make or break your success with your fitness goals, imo. I would suspect that's one of the reasons so many people give up on their goals and regain. Although, looking back on it, I really don't understand the mindset::"I'm not losing anymore. I don't really like the way I look. I want to lose more, but I'm tired of worrying about it, so I guess I'll quit." As if regaining 10, 20, 30 lbs when you do quit is going to make you fall in love with yourself even more! (BTW, those threads KILL me)
I will have to agree with Kristiina on this one::If it were not for her and Jo suggesting new things to me, I would have probably given up on this journey a long time ago, but somehow, we convince each other to try something new and plunge forward. As a matter of fact, Jo is the one who suggested Spike Diet to me & got me interested in lifting. Of course, I completely took off with it once I was on board. I think we all started IF at the same time. We were all reading about it, but was unaware of the fact. :lol:

AFM: I am on my 13th hour as I type!! :yay: I got up and had a handful of Cheerios and started reading the thread and remembered-- "I am supposed to fast today!" I immediately put the bag away!! Since my mom and I didn't catch dinner, we decided on Chinese instead!!! :T We ate a late lunch, & I was stuffed after 2 plates of chicken, broccoli, coconut shrimp, 2 spring rolls, and an egg roll!
I have to get my eating BACK under control! I feel like TOM has gotten the better of me this month. I have had the most intense cravings for sugar this past week. I know the more I feed my body poison, the more cravings I will have. It is a vicious cycle--one that is very difficult for me to overcome!! I have had many days of 1600+ cals, which I know is NOT putting me at a deficit for the week.
A fellow 3FC & MFP friend, who happens to be a marathoner summed it up best when she wrote, "I hope this running thing works out, because I can't give up my calories!"
It is just so difficult for me to function on 1200-1400 cals/day, even with spiking one day a week. I love food! I love to eat! & I absolutely LOVE vino!! I have managed to keep it at bay for a year, but is this lifestyle that I have created sustainable for the rest of my life? I do wonder this often! I know I cannot devote my days to 1200-1400 cals, so I must make up for the intake some kind of way, which must be through exercise!

I'm rambling again…..

I work tonight, then off til Tuesday.
Next week, I am going to the river for 3 days :yay:
I haven't been in a while. It will be nice to get away from the city for a few days!!

Happi Friday to all of you :)

jomatho
03-30-2012, 08:41 AM
Back later for personals I want to respond to, but I have run out of time this morning.
I have and idea forming/swirling around in my head that we should do some sort of challenge for April. Not weight loss, that would be sadistic on a slow losers thread :lol:. Perhaps a weight lifting challenge or something that would suit all of us. I know K9 is getting close to the race, so not sure how this would jive? Here are a few thoughts that are just off the top of my head:

Days completed strengthening exercises, maybe days per week or days for the whole month, aim for 3 per week or 10 for the month, or whatever
or
We each issue a challenge once a week, different days, like do so many pushups, or so many lunges, or a certain video or something, whatever that person chooses the group does. (no Kristiina, I cannot do 100 lunges, don't even go there!)
or
Tally minutes for muscle strengthening type exercises, shooting for total?
or
I guess it is hard thinking of weight lifting/strengthening goals, I'm stuck, but I am going to keep thinking about it!!!

Anyways, my goal for April is to hit it hard with incorporating strengthening exercises back into my routine. Anyone with me? Any ideas?

K9Owner
03-30-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm totally in on this Jo!! I love the idea :carrot:
Did u say "Lunge Challenge"?
My legs are hating you already!
:lol:

jomatho
03-30-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm totally in on this Jo!! I love the idea :carrot:
Did u say "Lunge Challenge"?
My legs are hating you already!
:lol:

NO!!! I was just informing Kristiina there is no way I can ever come close to doing as many lunges as she does. I wouldn't be able to pee sitting down for a week! I'd have to straddle the toilet and hope my aim was good :rofl:

Sum38
03-30-2012, 01:10 PM
I was not going to give you 100, I was going to give you 150!! :devil:

Jo, a great idea. -- Let's do it!!

jomatho
03-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Haha. Alright, we have a day or so to think about what we want to do.

Its friggin snowing. :tantrum:

K9Owner
03-30-2012, 01:52 PM
I was not going to give you 100, I was going to give you 150!! :devil:

Jo, a great idea. -- Let's do it!!

With 20lb dumb bells in each hand--i don't think so!!
I'm doing good to do 4 sets of 8!!

K9Owner
03-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Its friggin snowing. :tantrum:

KEEP IT UP THERE!!

K9Owner
03-30-2012, 06:16 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
I MADE IT!!!
24 HOUR FAST
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Sum38
03-31-2012, 09:05 AM
:woohoo: Krystal :woohoo:

jomatho
03-31-2012, 09:07 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Awesome job!!! How did you feel and what did you eat afterwards???

jomatho
03-31-2012, 09:30 AM
I had a bit of a rough spot last night, I was extremely hungry, more than in a long time. I kept the damage to a minimum, but my stomach was not happy. I think it is time to refeed with a Spike day today. I really notice a difference in my hunger from the beginning of the week to the end of the week, not sure if it is related to Spiking or not.

Well, yesterday I saw a peek at 169:D!!! Today it is gone:(!!! I was almost in tears yesterday. I was telling DH I have been in the 170s for 7 months, a couple times in there I bounced slightly back into the 180's, but for the most part of 7 months, I was in the STUPID 170s. Some of it was my own fault and a lot of it, my body was just being stubborn. I knew yesterday may be just a blip, and was prepared for that but it was a wonderful sight and I WILL see it again very soon!

Sleep must not be an issue for me because I got the best sleep of the week last night and I am up a pound. Course, I ate a little extra last night too, but I blame it on the sleep, hehe. Maybe I burn more calories when I am WIDE awake

So today I will spike, Sunday I will do a Leangains, maybe 6-8 hour window with a kick-@ss workout in there and Monday will be 24 hour again if I can fit it in due to the family being around. This should be interesting...

I cannot believe it is the last day of March!!!
What do you guys want to do for our strength challenge??

I think the 3 challenges per week sound fun, and if you can't get it done the first day, it would give you a day or two to get it in, whatever fits with work or fasting or whatever.
Maybe Sunday, Tues, Friday?
You guys want me to start or is someone itching with an idea already? I don't have one yet, but I will think of something if you want me to go first:devil:

Sum38
03-31-2012, 09:54 AM
Sounds perfect Jo, that we can keep our 24 h fast days Mondays and Thursday's. -- So each one of us pick a day?
Jo ~ Sundays
Krystal ~ Tuesdays
Kristiina ~ Fridays :devil:

Actually it does not matter to me which day get :D I talked to my :drill: and he is already formulation torture ideas in his head for us :crazy:

Are you spiking today Jo? -- I am thinking about having a spike day tomorrow.

I actually had a very good day yesterday what came to food. PMS is gone and TOM is here and my appetite is back to normal. I had two big salads with protein. -- Cam's team went to Culver's after practice, and I took a look at their menu before hand and nothing looked good to me, and secondly almost each item had gluten, so I ate at home. I shared some of my :drill:'s fries and had icetea. I was thinking about having a coke, but decided it was not worth the sugar. Krystal I hear you about that :devil: sugar; that is why I did not give into that coke, because it would had led me to sugar cravings today. I have been REALLY good about sugar.
Jo -- Congrats on that 169, even if it was a brief moment, but that is the promise!! You will probably see as low as 166/167 at some point this month! :woohoo: These last 10-20 pounds are REALLY hard. I think this is where the true willpower kids in. I am just happy that I ended this cycle under 150 pounds. I feel accomplished :D

Well I am off to my walk. I think we will walk 6 miles to reach 110 miles for this month. -- Wonder if I should do a few lunges, or should I wait and save my body for the challenge you are putting me through? :lol:

Everyone have a FAB day!! :grouphug:

Sum38
03-31-2012, 01:12 PM
Okay, here is my challenge. STAIRS! Find stadium (high school) and run 500 steps up and 500 down. Doable?

jomatho
03-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Okay, here is my challenge. STAIRS! Find stadium (high school) and run 500 steps up and 500 down. Doable?

That is sooooo funny, I was going to suggest you do legs, Krystal does abs and I do arms this week!!! Then next week we can switch it up again.

Okay, here is mine, mostly arms, but a little mix too:

Hopefully everyone has access to some dumbells?

Choose your weight of dumbells (I will go 10# on the first set I think) and place them on the floor just outside your feet which are hip width apart.
Squat to pick up the dumbells, stand tall (watch your back), do a biceps curl hammer style (palms facing in) and before lowering the weight, push up to do an overhead shoulder press, come back down to shoulders, finish lowering the biceps curl and then squat down again, almost put them back on the ground, next one.
Does that make sense? Lets do at least 3 sets of 10 of those.

So Sunday is the arms with the dumbells

Tuesday is Krystals choice (abs emphasis)

And Friday is the stairs from ****.

I think this will be fun :carrot:

K9Owner
03-31-2012, 06:59 PM
FUN!! I'm loving this :)
But I will be working Tues & 'm going to the river Thurs Fri Sat :(
I may still be able to pull this off, just not on the days you ladies have assigned.
I have my LR tomorrow-- 8 miles :crossed:
Monday is arms & abs for me (this is the only time I will have to do them).

AB Challenge
PLANK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSHjTRCQxIw): 75 seconds-90 seconds or as long as you can hold it! I was up to 90 sec before I became a slacker and stopped doing them :stress:
Jump Rope w/HIGH KNEES: 100 reps (fast as you can)
Repeat 3 times

K9Owner
03-31-2012, 07:31 PM
Ok ladies, seriously--I am experiencing the OPPOSITE effect of what IF is supposed to do::decrease cravings, decrease hunger, eat less, etc.
I have noticed this each time I fast, regardless of the time frame (12/16/24).
I know it's the food choices I am making. I just can't seem to get it together lately. I'm not really sure why.
It's been like a month, and I've been on a feeding frenzy::eating 1600-3000 cals/day.
I don't even remember the last time I had a 1200 cal day!
& for over a week now, all I have wanted it something sugary--despite increasing my protein intake.
I can't believe I am sabotaging all of my hard work with all of these high calorie days!
I know this is s wrong, b/c you can't out exercise bad food choices or over-indulgent food choices, but I say to myself, "I'll workout more for these extra cals. It's worth it to me to eat it and have to work out more."
Where the heck did this thinking come from??

I seriously am emotionally overeating lately for a couple of reasons I can safely pinpoint:
1. I am alone alot, due to:
a. My trainer friend's absence.
b. DH is working way more hours and days.
2. I am running longer. (this training has become a nuisance, imo)
3. I am working more days at the hospital to get some extra $ for our summer trips.

I noticed last night I was eating b/c I was literally so stressed out at work. I wasn't really hungry, but 6 of my 7 patients had me stressed to the max. Here's a little example of what the night looked like:
I had to place 1 in restraints--a hospital no no, b/c he kept pulling his IV out, his monitor off, throwing ice cups and water at the door, yelling "help me" for 12 solid hours. This means every 2 hours, I had to check his vital signs, take off the restraints, move his arms around, clean him up (he was incontinent), give him water, and assess to see if he could be unrestrained. Lots of extra paperwork!
1 had a new feeding tube placed the day before and I had to feed her through the tube manually a shake similar to Boost. She was having leg pain and wanted IV Morphine every 4 hours, but didn't understand why I couldn't give it too her b/c her blood pressure was 90/50! (The order said >100 was ok to give) Also, I had to crush all of her 16 pills and put them down this tube.
2 of them were Xanax dependent and so anxious and paranoid over everything and everyone. I could barely take their blood pressure for them thinking I was trying to hurt them.
Then, if this were not enough, I had an admission at 0430 that was just as crazy as these 4. Xanax dependent, on dialysis. They had placed a catheter in her bladder and she was screaming in pain over it, demanding I call the MD at 0430 in the morning to remove it. (She had been on the floor a total of 15 min) She was anxious as could be b/c they had not given her any of her meds from home in the ED, which included Xanax! Then, they had her nothing to eat or drink for a.m. testing and she was freaking out b/c she was diabetic and was afraid her sugar was going to drop in 2 HOURS!!!
SERIOUSLY!!! I was like, "Ma'am, if it does, I WILL take care of it!"
The other 2 were not as bad, nor as demanding of my time--not like I had any--as all of these.

After my shift, I just ate and ate and ate!! All sugar!
cereal, a donut, Chick Fil A, came home--ate more cereal
I crashed in my bed and am super thankful I don't have to go back tonight!
I would have called in.

K9Owner
04-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Slow Dancing {10} A Month of Challenges (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/256061-slow-dancing-stranger-10-month-challenges.html#post4275877)