WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for Spring

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters for Spring

Tina
03-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Hello March!
Come join us on our trek to a healthier life.

I cannot believe how fast this year is flying, already. :dizzy:

Jeanne, how are you doing?
Susan, is your gluten-free diet still helping? How is Pat?
Janelle, you must still be overwhelmed with work. How is your garden coming?

Maureen, you are so busy with work and life. :hug: Has there been any interest in your condo sale? I hope so! Good for you, getting back on track.
Tammy, glad you got home from your trip. Were you able to lose weight while there?

Dori, post and let us know what's up.
Mimi, we really miss hearing from you.

I'm still having problems with my tooth. All I wanted was a filling replaced. I've been to the dentist 2 additional times and am going back tomorrow. Grrr... If I ever have another problem, I'm going to find another dentist.
I must get exercising. :carrot:

:flow2:

jar1965
03-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Hi everyone! Yay to spring on it's way! Although we have had a very mild winter....no complaints here!

Tina - I must get on the exercise wagon! Urghhhh.....I hate it! lol!:devil:

Susan - Hi! Glad Pat is doing better. Will the dizziness when getting up & down let up soon? Glad your lip is feeling better! Wooohoooo and you go girl with your nutritionalist (sooo.....can't spell). And your marathon too! :carrot:

Tammy - Glad you are home! Be sure to let us know what the high lights of your trip were!

As far as me.....well....some of you may have seen that I accepted a position with UPS. I went in yesterday for paperwork and orientation. I start today. Wish me luck!!! :dizzy:
I just put my "uniform" on and Bob is laughing at me!!! :o He's so gonna get it!!!!! And he keeps calling me the "ups" girl....not U P S!!!! We'll see if he's laughing on payday!!!! hahahah!;)
I don't know when I am going to have time for my crochet. Geeez! I am still going to work at Barkus on holidays and on an as needed basis! We'll see how that goes!
Have a great day ladies!!! Here's to an OP day! Oh.....and a "new girl" at the job day!!!! :dizzy:

Tina
03-06-2012, 10:12 AM
:carrot:
Jeanne, congratulations!!!! Have a great day!

shcirerf
03-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Hey, still here!:D

Tina, I had tooth issues in January, I so feel for you!

Jar, congrats!

For me, we've been crazy busy at work, it's calving season, and had a lot of other stuff going on. Birthdays, friends moving away and such.

The weather was finally amazingly beautiful and spring like today and the wind did not blow 90.

138.2 at WI tonight. Still sticking with my lifting program.

I'm officially off work until Monday. Taking a few days and going to Lincoln with my son, for a highschool football coaching clinic, and take in a few boys highschool state basketball tournament games, and some power shopping in the big city.

A welcome relief to spending my vacation days, with my DH and his Drs. and hospital and heart surgery and his A-fib for the last 2 years.

Tina
03-07-2012, 11:09 AM
:bravo: Janelle, wow girl, that is a great weigh-in!!!!!!

Maureen, how was that shake you made? :)
Jeanne, how was the first day at work??? :hug:

Susan, how is that lip?

Dori, where are you?

Tammy, we'd love to hear all about your trip.
Mimi, :hug:

jar1965
03-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Hi everyone! Just a quick fly by to say hi! UPS is going good!
Hope everyone is well, active and op!!!
Have a great afternoon! Break is over!:o
jeanne

Sis
03-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Well, I took the plunge and rejoined WW yesterday. I must admit Im a little daunted by the new program but I HAVE to do this. So much has happened since I was last here. A few things not very good, thus the loss of control and weight gain. Hope everyone here is doing well and progressing. I also hope you don't mind my joining back in even tho my day is now Tuesday. Looking forward to getting back in the saddle. :)

maureen kempster
03-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Welcome back Sis-you're in the right place-
Jeanne good to hear you're liking the new job-
Tina, I just love this spinach smoothie-it's so good. Nothing on the condo yet so I'm thinking of maybe renting it out-my friend out there said she'd take care of it for me. We'll see

I walked home from work today-it's almost 3 miles(2.999 miles) and it took me about 55 minutes. I want to try and do this as much as I can.

hope everyone's doing fantastic

maureen

Tina
03-07-2012, 10:56 PM
:welcome: Sis, or should I say Welcome Back!!!!! :):):)
You are most welcome to be here no matter what day you weigh-in. We are still Thursday Chatters but weigh or don't officially weigh on Thurs. I'm sorry you've had bad things happen. But, you are here with us again.
There are a few new faces for you to meet.

Maureen, I think renting to a friend is a great idea. Wow, to walking that far. That is great!
I walked almost a mile today. :lol:

Tina
03-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Good Morning, Sunshine :) :) :)
That's what Robin Meade, headline news, says and I like it.

Everyone drink your water and have a fantastic Friday!

Sis
03-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Just popping in to say hello. Hope everyone has a wonderful week end. Looking forward to some warmer temperatures here. Today only in the upper 30s, tomorrow upper 40's then maybe hitting 60's! Yay! Enjoy your day everyone!

Sis

Tina
03-10-2012, 11:51 PM
hi all,
It's been raining all day here.
What did everyone do today?

Tina
03-12-2012, 10:30 AM
HappySpring Break!

:flow1:

maureen kempster
03-12-2012, 01:08 PM
I finished week one again - I really stuck to keeping track and watching what I did. I weighed myself this morning and managed to lose 2 lbs so I'm going the right way.

It's starting to get warmer so today I'm going to walk home - it's a 3 mile walk and takes about an hour.

So here's to us and we can do it

hope you all have a great day -

maureen

Tina
03-12-2012, 01:28 PM
:bravo: Maureen, you inspire me!!!

maureen kempster
03-12-2012, 07:27 PM
well I did it - I walked home from work - 2.8 miles in 55 minutes-if it stays nice all week I'm going to do this every night - I'm on a mission - I've had it-I'm tired of not getting to my goal weight or when I do I start all over again!!

jar1965
03-13-2012, 07:31 AM
Good morning!

Maureen - Good for you!!!

Just wanted to say hi and let you know that I'm thinking about you! Hope everyone is well & OP! Talk later.....gotta work......:p

maureen kempster
03-13-2012, 08:54 PM
can I keep it up? 2 nights in a row I walked home from work! 3 miles in 50 minutes - I want to try and do this every night after work as long as it's good weather-it really is a nice walk

Sis
03-13-2012, 08:56 PM
Well, week 1 went really well. Im so happy, I lost 5.4 lbs this week!! I know that won't happen every week but it is very motivatin. :) I'm thinking I will like this new program. :D

maureen kempster
03-14-2012, 06:53 AM
way to go Sis-

Tina
03-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Wow. :carrot: Sis, that's great!!!! :dance:

jar1965
03-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Way to go sis!!!!

Tina
03-15-2012, 10:44 AM
Good morning all,
Well, it's going to be another hot day in TX. From the weather reports, it's warmer than usual most places.

Maureen, it is hot there? I'm so impressed with you walking home. Let us know about tonight. ;)

Sis. I'm glad you like Points Plus. It's a lot easier than it first looks. :)

Jeanne, how is UPS? What do you do there? Do you take healthy snackis with you to work?

Janelle, how's the vet business? :hug:

Tammy, miss you when you don't post.

Dori, how's your part of the country? You can do this!!!!!

Susan, how is Pat? Are you still on your gluten-free diet?

I had my second tooth bite adjustment. Now, I just have to take Advil until the "angry" tooth settles down from the too high filling. Boy, I NEVER want another filling!!! At least, I haven't eaten as much food for the last 1 1/2 weeks. I've drunk lots of Diet Coke and that's not good for the water retention. Oh well, things happen. :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Mimi, we miss you!

Sis
03-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. The weather here is beautiful! We even slept with our windows open last night. Love to listen to the frogs!! It is suppose to stay nice out for the next week or so. Lovin it. It has ranged around 30 degrees warmer than average. I only hope the summer doesn't do that too or we will roast! How is the weather where you all are?
Have a fantastic evening everyone! :D

Tina
03-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Hi,
Sis, I'm glad you're having great weather right now.

I lost 1/2 pound this week!
I'm soooo happy!

Remember to wear green tomorrow.

Susan, Happy Anniversary

maureen kempster
03-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Hurray Tina!!!

Tina
03-16-2012, 06:35 PM
Thank you Maureen, have you gotten sore with all that walking?

:hug:

jar1965
03-17-2012, 07:40 AM
Yay Tina!!!!!!

Sis
03-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Yay! That is great Tina!! Happy St Patricks Day to you too and to everyone else here! :D Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Tina
03-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Hi everyone,

How is your day going?

maureen kempster
03-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Hi Tina

It's a fantastic day here-75 F so I did walk home tonight-I hope I can continue for the rest of the week-3 miles in 55 minutes-I didn't lose anything this week but I stayed the same.

hope everyone else's day is going great

Tina
03-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Hi all,

Maureen, you are amazing, walking that much! :bravo: Don't worry about not losing this week. I'll bet next week will show a big loss! :)

Jeanne, what's new?
Susan, wish you'd post. hint..hint..hint..

Dori, what's going on with you?
Janelle, are you over-come with work? How are your gardens?

Tammy and Mimi, we miss y'all.

It's raining cats and dogs here today. I'm staying inside doing housework. Yuck! :lol: It's good for the house, though.
Have a great OP day!

Sis
03-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Today is WI day so I guess I will see how my week went. Hoping for a loss, but if not I will just keep on trying. The weather here is still beautiful. Loving the sunshine. Looking forward to losing enough so that my back and knees can take going for walks with my hubby again. I know he misses that, me too. Hope everyones week has been great. Will post later on how I did. :)

Tina
03-20-2012, 05:03 PM
Sis, I have my fingers crossed for you.
I love your attitude!
Good luck!

maureen kempster
03-20-2012, 07:11 PM
well, another nice day here - 76 F and sunny- so I walked home again!! I'm hot and sweaty but nothing a bath and change of clothes won't fix. Sis good for you-that's all we can do is just keep on going
have a great evening everyone

maureen kempster
03-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Hi everyone

It's only 1 PM and I already walked 2 miles!! I had to do something for the office and I told them I'd walk - took me 40 minutes(20 each way) I've been up and down the stairs about 15 times - how do I track that? I've been keeping track of how many times I go up and down but it's not all at once(I'd be dead at the bottom - yesterday it wat 23 times!!)

have a good day - it's nice and sunny here -

Sis
03-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Hi all, I had a pretty good week, hope all of you did too. I had my second WI last night and lost 1.6 lbs. :) That makes a total of 7 now. Very happy with that. I thnk I like this new program, it made me approach it differently after so many years of doing it the same and becoming complacent. Have a wonderful evening everyone!

Tina
03-21-2012, 06:14 PM
Hi all,
Sis, that's a great loss! Keep it up. I'm glad this is working for you.

Maureen, I tried to find how many points for your stair climbing. I'm not sure but I would count 3 points for 10 minutes.

jar1965
03-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Good morning everyone!

SIS - WAY TO GO!!! Keep up the good work!
MAUREEN - send me some "walking vibes"......Good job!:carrot:

Well gotta run! Working both jobs today! I did get up early and hang a load of laundry on the line and put dinner in the crockpot.....so, at least my family will have clean clothes and dinner! lol!

Have a good day! Hope you are having a BEAUTIFUL weather kinda day! We sure are! :D

Sis
03-22-2012, 05:00 PM
Just dropping in to say hello. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. We are still enjoying beautiful weather. Hope you all are too. Take care everyone!~

Tina
03-22-2012, 05:44 PM
Hi all,

Sis, great weather here, too!

Jeanne, what do youcook in your crockpot????? I have a good stew recipe.

Everyone have a good afternoon.

maureen kempster
03-22-2012, 07:16 PM
here's a really great site for crockpot recipes: http://stephanieodea.com/

it's a really good site

Tina
03-22-2012, 10:37 PM
Maureen, thanks for that site. Maybe I can find lots of new recipies.

Tomorrow is Friday!!!

Sis
03-22-2012, 11:29 PM
Thanks Maureen. That looks like a really good site. :)

maureen kempster
03-23-2012, 08:36 AM
Yeah Friday!! I've been trying to stick to program(my program) keeping track etc-I have to get out of the 150's. Glad you like that site. there's lots there.

Hope we all have a great day on program. Looks like we're going to have another fantastic day weather-wise. Maybe I will walk home today!!

Tina
03-23-2012, 05:37 PM
TGIF

Maureen, I'm sure you'll lose lots of weight with all your walking.
I'd like to get out of the 160s but I think I'm destined to stay here.:(

Sis, hope you are having a great day.

Jeanne, what's for supper?
Everyone else, we miss you when you don't post!

maureen kempster
03-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Tina, I always say I'm not overweight just short for my weight - I should really be about 6'10" lol

Tina
03-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Happy Saturday!

:dance:

Sis
03-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Hi all. I hope you all are enjoying the week end. :) Not as warm here as it was but it is still above normal for this time of year. Its always good when its the week end and I don't have to work! ;) Not a bad day, just catching up on laundry, groceries and such. Hope everyone is also having a great OP week. Take care!!!

Tina
03-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Hi all,
It's beautiful weather here.

Larry and I just finished putting up the curtain rods in the living room. We've been here for 2 years and I finally got some thermal drapes for the summer. (I will find prettier ones for the rest of the year.)
Anyway, with the very high ceiling and Larry's back, it was a challenge getting this done! We are both exhausted. :lol:
I've had one too many Diet Cokes today. Tomorrow I'll do better.

Tina
03-26-2012, 05:23 PM
hi,
how are we doing today?

Sis
03-26-2012, 06:09 PM
Hi there all. Doing great Tina, hope you are as well. Actually looking forward to tomorrows WI. Hoping to have lost again. Can't wait to hit my 10% so I can have another key chain. :D I had one from before ( when I started at 306) but after carrying it forever I dropped it and somehow it broke. :( But that's ok, I will get a new one. :) It may take a while but I will! Have a WONDERFUL week everyone!

Sis
03-27-2012, 09:54 PM
Well, today was WI and I lost 2.4. I am happy with that! :) I almost hit the 10lb mark. Oh well, next week for sure!Hope everyone is having a great week!

Tina
03-27-2012, 11:18 PM
:bravo: Sis, that is fantastic!!!!!
I am so impressed.

My day was pretty normal. I did go out for Mexican food with my sister. I have no idea what the points were.
Tomorrow, I'll have to drink lots of water.

What did everyone else do today?

Sis
03-28-2012, 06:50 PM
I LOVE certain Mexican food. Chinese is the one that always makes me feel like my blood pressure is rising after I eat it. I always have to dring LOTS of water afterwards. :)

Tina
03-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Oooh, I love Chinese food. Like you, Sis, I am so bloated the next morning.

Never eat it before weighing. :lol:

Hey, Janelle, where are you?

maureen kempster
03-29-2012, 08:44 AM
Good morning all-
Fantastic Sis - what a great loss! you inspire me.

I'm stuck - 4 weeks and I've just lost 2 lbs. I did walk home on tuesday and everyday here at work I go up and down the stairs at least 15 to 20 times(not all at once) I've been keeping track of what I eat - maybe I have to change when I eat things - I need a program - I checked out ww on line but if you're a lifetime member do you still have to pay the full start up fee?

let's all have a fantastic day

maureen

Tina
03-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Maureen, no you don't have to pay the start up fee.
For e-Tools, you get a "number" from Weight Watchers and then just pay the monthly fee.
It's great! I have had it. Look at all it says about e-tools.

Maybe you just need to drink more water and calcium. I read that calcium will get rid of fat around the middle. It must get rid of fat other places, too. :lol:

Sis
03-29-2012, 12:18 PM
I have to say that the etools are great! Even tho, when I was in WW before I lost 98 lbs, I actually never tracked on paper or anything else what I ate. I kept it in my head. I decided this time I would do this the right way and hopefully do even better. I don't have the memory I use to either. LOL ;) It also has a weight tracker which lets you see your progress. Very inspiring! Good luck Maureen! Keep us posted. Hope everyone has a great week!!

Tina
03-30-2012, 10:25 AM
Good morning,
I didn't sleep well last night. Does anyone drink warm milk at night? Yuck! That sounds gross. :lol: Oh well, had lots on my mind, I guess.
Tonight is the beginning of the weekend. Yea!!!

Weight Watchers One Pot Meal Cookbook.....I bought it yesterday. I didn't know about this one. I treated myself to it. 'Let y'all know when I try some of the recipes.

maureen kempster
03-30-2012, 01:05 PM
Tina, is there any vegetarian recipes in it? I should go to a meeting tomorrow morning.

Have a great friday everyone.

Tina
03-30-2012, 05:13 PM
Maureen, do you eat cheese?
I've found several good-looking recipes for you.

maureen kempster
03-30-2012, 07:30 PM
I do Tina, but I'm seriously thinking of becoming vegan-I'd still be able to eat cheese but it would be soy-like I said I'm giving it some thought

Tina
04-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Hi all,
It's already a new week. Yikes! :)
We had a pretty easy day. After church, we had Chinese food. I know--water retention tomorrow. :lol:

We replaced the batteries in all the smoke detectors. Doesn't that sound like fun!

Everyone have a good Monday.

maureen kempster
04-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Good afternoon everyone

I'm getting a bit annoyed with the way my weight loss is going!! it's not!!! I'm not giving up though. this July I turn 65 and I have 2 things I want - I will go rollerblading and I want to be down at least 15 pounds! So I'm not going to get discouraged I'm just to keep on going! other than that all's well here. Still trying to sell my condo so that's stressful. I have someone out in
Edmonton trying to rent it out for me. One way or the other I can't afford to be paying the mortgage and then rent out here. Keep your fingers crossed that something happens now that spring is here and people are coming out of hibernation.

have a great day

maureen

Sis
04-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Hoping everyone is having a wonderful week. Tomorrow is WI. Hopefully at least 1/2 lb, that would let me hit 10. I had 1 night of going out to eat with the family tho and we went to my favorite place where I had a pasta dish with asiago sauce, chicken and bacon. Yum! Hopefully it won't give me a gain. Yesterday DD made a wonderful white chili. I think I still stayed within my points but not sure. The scale will tell I guess. Have a great day everyone!! :)

maureen kempster
04-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Tina, Susan are you two alright? Just saw there was a tornado in Texas. Let us know your both okay

Tina
04-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Maureen, it was up in Susan's area.
i'm fine but haven't heard from Susan.

Sis
04-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Well, I didn't hit my 10 this week, it said I was up .4 but maybe a little less as I had on heavier pants (wore capris last week cuz it was warm). But thats ok I will try harder this week.
I sure hope everyone is ok where the bad weather was. The weather this year is CRAZY! Hopefully it will calm down soon.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week and a Happy Easter too. :o)

Tina
04-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Hi all,
Does anyone else eat Dannon Activia? I do but don't like the taste of the light kind.
Well, today I put 1 tablespoon of cocoa in the light vanilla. It changed the taste and was wonderful!!!!! I was so hungry and even drove by McDonalds, wishing for a hot fudge sundae. :lol: I used only 2 pts. instead of 9 pts.!

Sis, how was your meeting yesterday?
Maureen, I haven't forgotten about those recipes. I will post at least one after awhile.
Where are our other members?????

Tina
04-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Sis, I had not gotten your message when I wrote.
Sorry about no loss this time. And, YES clothes make a big difference in your weight.
You'll see a difference next time. :hug:

Tina
04-06-2012, 01:03 PM
:easter:
Happy Good Friday to everyone!!!

Tina
04-08-2012, 05:00 PM
:easter2:

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Tina
04-08-2012, 11:34 PM
How is everyone tonight???

maureen kempster
04-09-2012, 08:24 AM
Good morning everyone

I hope you all had a great Easter Weekend. We don't get today off but being in a government town the traffic coming in this morning was so light. almost no one on the road. I joined Richard Simmons last week and I'm trying to do the blast off week. 1200 calories a day. I'm hoping this will move the scale.

Well, I hope we all have a great day on program and I'll be back here after work.

happy monday

maureen

Sis
04-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Hope everyone had an amazing Easter, and a wonderful week end. Did pretty well over the week end. Hoping to lose tomorrow. Take care and have an awsome week! :)

Tina
04-09-2012, 10:28 PM
Hi all,
Maureen,good luck! I do not think you will be eating enough with so few calories! Please be careful.

Sis, good luck with your weigh-in. :hug:

How is everyone else????

Tammy how are you doing back OP?

I spent the day washing, cleaning, etc. :lol: It was a normal Monday for me.

Tammy
04-09-2012, 11:37 PM
Hi all! Back on WW. Should be interesting. lol So far so good. I weighed in for the first time today. I was down 3 pounds. I thought that was good since I ate chinese food and pizza yesterday. Went over on daily points by a few, so I didn't do bad at all.

I am starting a low impact aerobic class next Monday. The class is 9-9:45. The WW weigh in is at noon on Monday, with meeting at 12:30. A friend of mine told me that she didn't think I should get weighed on the same day that I have class. She really didn't give a reason why. Any thoughts on this? Off to change tracker once again. lol

Tina
04-09-2012, 11:53 PM
Hi Tammy--I don't think i'd exercise the day of WI.
You are going to sweat and drink water. There goes the actual weight!
That's my opinion. :)

maureen kempster
04-10-2012, 07:17 AM
good morning everyone

I'm on day 5 of blast off week and I'm really trying to watch-I have gone a bit over the 1200 calories a few days but not by too much so I think I'm okay -

I may have my condo in Edmonton rented!! keep your fingers crossed should know later today

well off to work have a great day

talk to you all later

maureen

Sis
04-10-2012, 08:57 PM
I am so happy! I lost 1.6 lbs this week. That takes me to 11.4 lbs. :D I hit my next 5. All that on a holiday week end, not bad. Hope everyone is doing great. Have a super week!

maureen kempster
04-10-2012, 09:03 PM
fantastic Sis

Tina
04-10-2012, 09:59 PM
:bravo:
Sis, that is wonderful!!!!!

jar1965
04-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Hi everyone! So glad to see everyone is so active and doing so well OP!:carrot:

Busy here! I am still at UPS .......killing my back! eeeeks! I did have an interview for a Human Resource Manager for a really great company. Soooo, we'll see where that goes. If I get that one....I will have to drive 30-40 minutes one way to work.....:o

I started WW faithfully this last week (again)......I was down 4#. I still need to exercise and get better with my water intake!:(

Hope ya'all had a great Easter!

Have a nice day ladies!
jeanne

Tina
04-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Evening all,
It looks like we are all renewing our efforts to be healthier.
Good for us!!!

maureen kempster
04-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Hello everyone
I'm just finishing Blast off week with Richard Simmons - I don't think I lost a lot but I think I lost a bit - I'll weigh myself tomorrow morning. I just got adopted by 2 kittens - they're 8 weeks old and just about the cutest I've ever seen. I think 1's a male and 1's a female so I need some suggestions for names I'm no good at picking names. If I do decide on any I'll let you know.

talk to you all soon

Sis
04-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Hope everyone is having an amazing week! 1 more day till the week end! Yay! Looking forward to some warmer weather even tho it is supposed to storm. We could probably use some rain. Take care everyone!

Tina
04-12-2012, 11:23 PM
Hi all,

I've got a headache tonight. (Knew y'all had to know that.)
Sis, hope you don't have bad storms.
Tammy, how's the program going for you.
Janelle and Dori, we miss you two.
Jeanne, don't work too hard.

Maureen---I'll try to think of some names. Bravo for losing!!!

Tina
04-13-2012, 10:46 AM
It's Friday the 13th!!!!!

I hope everyone has a fantastic day.

Tammy
04-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Maureen, did you get the condo rented? I know what you mean about names. When I decided on my dog's name, I was listening to a song by Earth, Wind, & Fire. Their lead singer was Maurice!

Sis, way to go on the loss!!!!

Jeanne, I'm with you on the exercise and the water. I start an aerobics class on Monday, so that should help.

Tina, I just read back through some posts. Saw the one about Dannon Activia. I bought it once, and I ended up throwing it out. Just couldn't handle the taste. Ick. Adding the chocolate was a good idea!

So far I feel like I'm doing ok on the program. On Wednesday, it was a day that all I wanted to do was eat! and I don't mean low point items. I went over on daily points and dipped into the 49 extra ones. I am tracking on the weekly tracker and I am tracking everything on e-tools. I may change from the Monday aerobics class if it is too easy. It says low impact, and I just saw that there is a medium impact on Tues & Thurs. I might do that one.

My daughter-in-law works at the library, and she brought home a WW cookbook. I'll have to look through it and see what looks good.

maureen kempster
04-13-2012, 07:10 PM
Hi everyone

since the 5th of march I've lost 4.4 lbs so I guess that' better than not!! I've named my cats - Riley and Casey-
as for my condo - it's not rented yet but the person who's handling it for me said she had to showings today so keep your fingers crossed

have a great evening and I'll be on here over the weekend

maureen

maureen kempster
04-17-2012, 06:54 AM
good morning everyone

boy it's quiet here! just checking in -hope everyone's ok.

let's have a good day we deserve it

maureen

Sis
04-17-2012, 04:31 PM
Alls good over here. Just hoping my WI goes well tonight. Fingers crossed. :)

maureen kempster
04-18-2012, 08:32 AM
I did blast off week with richard simmons but I'm now following ww. I need my fruit. I'm journaling and doing okay on the points - got to get moving though - if it's nice on the weekend I promise myself to get out on my rollerblades - I haven't gone on them now for almost 3 years!!! that's horrible - we have some nice paths around the river. Hope it doesn't rain and I'll walk home after work.

Where is everyone? I miss you all

hope we all have a great day we deserve it

maureen

Sis
04-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Had WI yesterday. Only .4 loss but thats better than a gain. :) Hopefully will do better next week.
Hope everyone is doing great and having a wonderful day!

maureen kempster
04-19-2012, 08:40 AM
TINA, SUSAN, JEANNE, TAMMY, MARION!!!!! Where are you all? We miss you.

I'm hanging in. I just wish I could get my butt moving and get some exercise is though. We have our awards dinner tomorrow night for work. It's at the Officers' Mess and a very formal affair. Today all the managers from our Ottawa office and from all the branches will be in meetings(tomorrow too) It's nice to meet all the employees from the branches - they all come for the gala. We speak to them, email them etc but it's nice to put a face to the person. Tomorrow it's cocktail dresses for the ladies and tuxes for the men. In the fall it's long gowns & tuxes.

thank god it only comes twice a year. My boss asked me if I wanted to act as a nanny for his 2 daughters(aged 7 & 9) when they go on holidays. I'd go with him & his girlfriend and daughters - 1 week at a cottage resort somewhere in Ontario and 1 week in cape cod in august. I won't have to use my leave and I'd get my salary from work!!

well let's all have a great day on program

maureen

Sis
04-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Maureen - Sounds like a nice party, hope you have fun! And the other sounds like a wonderful opportunity for you! If you decide to do that I hope you have an awsome time! :)

Where has everyone been???? Hope you all have a great evening and a wonderful day tomorrow!

Tina
04-22-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm here!!!!L!
sorry for being MIA.:D
We are on vacation and I have withdrawal without WiFi. We're at a cyber cafe at the moment.

Sis, sometimes weight just doesn't want to come off of us. don't get down because it WILL happen.

Maureen, are you going on the vacation? It sounds like a lot of work. What if your boss gets mad at you???? :lol:

I promise to check in tomorrow night.

maureen kempster
04-23-2012, 07:11 AM
Tina, good to see you back! hope you're enjoying your vacation-as for my looking after my bosses daughters - I think that's if he can't find anyone-I sure hope he does because I don't know how to keep kids amused!!!!
I got my condo rented for June 1st. I'm so relieved.I've been sticking to program but the lbs don't seem to move but I'll just keep at it. got to get ready for work - let's all have a great day

shcirerf
04-23-2012, 10:19 PM
Apologies for being MIA! Lurking, but way busy at work with calving season. Overtime bites.

Still hanging in there, still maintaining, still going to Meetings every week.

I did participate in an online fitness challenge on the JPfitness boards from Jan to the end of March.

Weight only changed 3 pounds but lost 4.5 inches!:carrot:

Sis
04-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Hi all! Glad to see some activity here. Hope everyone is having a great week. Things are pretty good around here. Today is WI so Im hoping for a loss. I bought a new scale since my old one was about 20 lbs off. lol. This one when I weighed was close to my weight at WW meetings. Today I came home and changed into my WI clothes and got on my scale. Now I will see how close the meeting scale and my new scale are. This one, at least weighs to the .2 of a lb. If I don't lose this week I will have to look at my fruit consumption I think. Anyways hope you all have a great day! See you later. :D

Tina
04-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Hi all,
Janelle, it's great to have you back. I kinda thought you were "lurking.". :lol:

Sis, I hope your new scales are better.

Maureen, how are things?

Hope everyone else will post soon.

Sis
04-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Well I managed to lose .6 this week. Acually I think it was .8 but she wrote it down before the scale stopped and stayed at .6. Thats ok, at least it was a loss. :) Its going in the right direction! lol Have a great week everyone!

maureen kempster
04-25-2012, 07:18 AM
that's great Sis - I'm like you - I'll take any loss as a good thing!!

Susan, hope you're okay-hugs to you

Tina
04-25-2012, 12:38 PM
:bravo: Sis, I'll take every little bit, too.

Maureen, that's great news about your condo being rented.

Janelle, keep up the good work.

We're still having a/c problems. It was another night in a hotel. The fan motor is being replaced.

Tina
04-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Hi all,
Yes, I'm back on the boards, finally.
It was so weird not being able to just log onto the internet at any time while on vacation.
For any that remember, :D:D:). our a/c went out the night before our trip began. Finally, it is running again. They had to order a fan motor, which took a whole day to get. We stayed in a Residence Inn last night because the house was soooooo hot. This morning, it's cool. :carrot:
Now, I must go buy groceries. This is good because I can stock up on healthy things.

Susan and Jeanne, we hope things are better for you both.
Tammy, how are you doing OP?
Dori, you have been very quiet.

Maureen, are you journaling again?

Sis, you are really doing soooo well. :hug:

Janelle, do you still have a fabulous garden?

Okay, i'm on my way to the store now. Have a great day!

maureen kempster
04-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Tina- where did you go on holidays? I have a week off in May - we have a long weekend on the 21st so I'm taking 4 days to make a week-not doing anything but it'll be nice not to set the alarm-it's usually nice at that time too-
I've been journalizing- but it's coming off so slowly!!

well let's all have a great day tomorrow

maureen

Tina
04-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Oh my! I stepped on the scales this morning. That was a bad idea.
I gained 4 pounds on vacation. I know what I must do.

TGIF

Tina
04-29-2012, 04:30 PM
Wow, it's almost May! Amazing, huh!!!
We will need to start another Chatters thread.

What's going on with everone today? This afternoon I will plant some moss roses in a pot and put near our front, and only, door. :D

In the morning, I begin again journaling and eating lots and lots of fruit and veggies.

Sis
04-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Good luck Tina, I know you will have it back off in no time! We have to splurge once in a while. The main thing is getting back OP. Have a wonderful day!

Tina
04-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Thanks, Sis.
I need your encouragement! :hug:

maureen kempster
04-30-2012, 06:45 AM
Good morning everyone
a new week a new beginning - I just can't seem to stay motivated. I've decided I'm going to walk to work today - it's 3 miles and a good way to start the day - it's not hot so I won't get to work all sweaty!! I'm having a spinach shake right now for breakfast - my lunch is packed. I can stick to program at work but it's when I get home that I find it really hard. It's because I'm bored here I think. Does anyone else find they have the same problem?

Well I hope we all have a great day we deserve it

maureen

maureen kempster
04-30-2012, 08:07 AM
Hi again
I did it!! I walked to work! what a great feeling and a fantastic way to start the day - there's hope here - now I just have to make sure I make the right choices for food and stick to program. I'll let you know if I walk home too - that would be 6 miles for the day. I can do this - we can all do this - we're worth it

have a great day

maureen

Tina
04-30-2012, 11:24 AM
Maureen, WOW!!!
Oh, today I will send you a couple of vegetarian recipes.

maureen kempster
04-30-2012, 07:06 PM
I did it!! I walked to a from work for a total of 6 miles - it took me 52 minutes each way door to door- so I'm very happy that I started my week this way - hopefully it will continue

Tina
04-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Yea, Maureen!!! :bravo:
BTW, I've had a yucky toothache this afternoon. Recipes tomorrow, for sure!

Tammy
05-01-2012, 12:39 AM
Maureen, I was wondering if I could go along and you could act as my nanny too!!!! That is great about walking to work!

Tina, you will get the vacation gain off quickly.
Sis, I think I could use your encouragement too!

Tim, Lauren, and I were at Disney from the 21st to the 28th. I tracked all of my food and exercise each day. Wore a pedometer, and boy did we walk! Lauren and I did exercises in the pool one night. I didn't go to aerobics or WW today. Seems like every time that I get home from a trip, I have a couple of pain and sleep filled days. Sleep from the meds that I take for the pain. I really didn't think I overdid it on the trip. I wasn't in the parks as long each day as the kids were, but apparently I did. I will go to weigh in tomorrow night or Wed. morning.

jar1965
05-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Just a fly by to say hi!!:hug:

Tina
05-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Hi all,
I am starting a May thread.
Come on over.