Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-05-2012, 08:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW-157.2/CW-157.2/GW-130.0

Height: 5'5 1/2

Smile Starting over again. Need to get it right this time.

Hey there fellow dieters! My name is Vanessa, I'm 22 years old, and currently about 30 pounds overweight. I have been overweight for the majority of my life, highest weight was when I was 14 @ 176(I'm 5'6). I'm calling out now for some support in my endeavor to get healthy because I have a few factors working against me.
1. I'm a stress eater
2. I work nights
3. I work in excess of 50 hours a week(I'm a nurse)

Mainly I just need to be held accountable. I've started a YouTube channel to track my progress and just explain what my overall experience has been. I'm aiming to keep a food journal. I'm also aiming to exercise everyday. So, if there are any fellow fat chicks who would like to help me out and/or have me support them in return I'd really appreciate it! It's time for a metamorphosis!!
metamorphosisofNessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Welcome!!

I'm not sure what your specific schedule is like, but I find that exercising within an hour of waking up is the only time I will actually get it done. I make it a non-negotiable, 5 day a week thing. If I don't feel like doing it one day, I'm sure as heck going to do it the next day. I personally find that working out is what keeps my diet on track. Work it into your schedule, especially if you're the type of person who needs more structure. And remember that you don't have to have some kind of crazy workout regimen... ease into it so you don't turn yourself off from it!

As far as other things- if you're a stress eater, don't keep anything around the house that you typically eat under stress. Planning is important- figure out what kinds of meals you're going to make, plan your calories/meals/snacks ahead; the unknown can be problematic!

And come here often! It really helps to read what others have to say.

Good luck!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Welcome, Vanessa. Take a look around; there are a number of nurses here going through what you are going through and working odd shifts and all. You have to find something that works for you. It might take some experimenting, but if you stick with it you will reach your goals. What sort of plan are you planning on? What sort of exercise?
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #4  

Height: 5'2"

hello! i can sympathize..i work in a restaurant, so i work nights and long hours, too. welcome aboard!
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

I work 50 hours a week and shift work too...It blows! I did start working out at home and that has helped...due to the fact I am so lazy I can't go a block to the gym!

As far as foods go, it is a lot easier to manage than you think. Count calories and do NOT eat fast food. It may require a bit of planning or getting used to...but once you start I think you'll drop quick as nurses are always on their feet.

Pack lots of healthy snacks...meals and shoot for 1200-1500 calories a day..if you work out, make sure your still eating to at least 1200 after subtracting your calories. There's an awesome app on the droid called "CalorieBalancer" were you add and subtract calories...good way to keep track daily.

Good luck!
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW-157.2/CW-157.2/GW-130.0

Height: 5'5 1/2

Thanks for all the good advice. To answer a few of the questions I'm doing the south beach diet. I did it in 2010 and found that it was easy enough, but that was also when i was working day shift. I ordered Jillian Michaels body revolution(im a dvd junkie) and i plan on doing that and hopefully getting down to 130 by july 1.
metamorphosisofNessa is offline   Reply With Quote