Simply Filling/Core - Simply filling/Core Weekly Chat: Mar 5-Mar 11

pam920
03-05-2012, 07:47 AM
new thread

pam920
03-05-2012, 07:48 AM
Morning. Lost another pound. Makes it 5 lbs in 2 wks. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tejas
03-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Pam, congratulations!!! And, thanks for the new thread.

Nothing new here, and I'm not getting back on the scales yet. But, clothes feel good on me and that's always a good measure of progress.

I have NO appointments today except to see the trainer at 1PM, and go to yet another meeting of Denton's gas drilling task force.

Vickie
03-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

Congratulations, Pam! That is HUGE success. What are you doing again? I am getting ready to check out DASH to use in conjunction with WW. I need to get back to meetings. I'm using my test on Monday as an excuse to delay.

beach bum
03-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had a busy morning with condo business,and grocery shopping for stables milk & eggs. Otherwise nothings new, the suns out but it still too chilly to be walking along the beach.

Liked the Descendents, Had no idea why people told me it was a sad movie.I didn't cry once,and neither did my other friend. We went to Eli's after all for dinner but the waiter was serving another table. My friend Mary didn't move she went to Fla for 3 weeks to see the Boston Red Soxs play at Spring training games. She has season tickets,her DD went down to Fla with her. I thought I posted that last week.

PAM-Thanks for the new pages,and congrats :cheer2: on your pound lost,and you 5 lb loss in 2 weeks you're doing great. I maintained and this week I'm going to try something new === calorie cycling=== yesterday I'm down 1072 cals and today going up to 1400 and than on Tues back to 1100 and see it that will move the stall.

RHONDA-Glad that your clothes are getting loose,mine are still the same,even though I was told that I looked like I lost inches I really don't think so I will have to take my measurement tomorrow morning before I get dressed.

Have a great day

33pk33
03-05-2012, 05:24 PM
So do you guys have better luck with the simply filling? I have been doing the flex plan and lost about 28 pounds, and have been slowly gaining it back (gained 3...), even with tracking and exercising more. I'm very frustrated!! Figured it's Monday, maybe I should try the simply filling, but wanted some input from some others.

ontarget
03-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Pam, thank you for the new pages. 5 lbs! I am duly impressed. Way to go, girl!

Vickie, hope you got a good report at the doctor's. I'm back at WW and am feeling great.

Rhonda, you still sound like you're having a busy day.

I go back for wi in the AM. If I get called to sub tomorrow, I'll go to the 4 pm wi. That's the plan. We just had a man out who's going to clean the flowerbeds. I am thrilled! He's my late aunt's brother. He takes care of my son's place and does a tremendous job. What used to be jungle now looks like park. (about 10 acres mostly woods) Hopefully, he'll help our place now, too.

nancy237
03-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Doing good with my diet.

The house inspection for the house I wanted to buy was today. Way too many problems to still be interested..Termites,mold,water under house,foundation issue.

Good news is that I am looking forward to another summer here with our pool.
Maintaining this place isn't as scarey as it was last year and no one enjoyed
the pool last year or anything else. It will be nice to take my time sorting things and put it on the market when I am ready.( oh the interested guy wanted it for 50 below appraisal,so that deal is off)

With the house deals out of the way I am now moving on to finding a puppy !!!

Tejas
03-06-2012, 04:41 PM
hmm, I thought I had posted. Guess it didn't go through.

Nancy, enjoy your settled time and new puppy! No doubt people will feel more spirited around the house and pool this year.

Sandra, may I assume that you are not going to the meet in Roanoke? We may be down your way around Memorial Day. I'll let you know.

ontarget
03-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Nancy, you sound much calmer now that all has slowed down. Get that puppy and keep on with your diet. You're doing extremely well. Kudos!!

Rhonda, we are not going to Roanoke. I should have told you sooner. I just forgot. As soon as weather permits, we'll set up our outdoor FITA (bullseye) target and start training for TX ST SR Games Mar. 25 @ Canyon Lake. I'll be waiting to hear about your trip down here around Memorial Day. :lol:

I went to WW today and had a good loss. I'm not being secretive. I'm going to post results in my signature thingee. I made caramelized turnips again today so now we're out of turnips our neighbor gave us. They were delicious!! (And I'm not a turnip girl.)

Biggest Loser tonight! Ya'll have a good evening.

nancy237
03-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Just call me Mrs . Robinson !!!

Today a cute young fella was helping me decide on a stereo at Walmart. He was sorta flirting, so I said "if I were younger I would have to ask you out"

He said proudly "well I am 19" like that should change everything LOL.
I told him "I wish I were" & he then asked me if I were married !!

I had to laugh and I told him that was not the problem but the fact that he was young enough to be my grandson was a bit of a problem..

We both had a good laugh & it was harmless, but if he were few years younger I might of been arrested LOL

Down to 147. My cousin and I are trying to decide a reward when we lose 5 more pounds. We are both doing low carb.

ontarget
03-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Nancy, you go girl!! And congrats on being down to 147.

Tejas
03-06-2012, 11:55 PM
19? He's old enough. What's the problem? Well, there's that; what do you talk about? :lol:

nancy237
03-07-2012, 12:46 AM
19? He's old enough. What's the problem? Well, there's that; what do you talk about? :lol:

:rofl:

You guys are so funny !!!!

ontarget
03-07-2012, 10:50 AM
:devil: (Couldn't resist) Nancy, you're a hot mama.

nancy237
03-07-2012, 11:04 AM
:devil: (Couldn't resist) Nancy, you're a hot mama.

or.... hot grandmama :belly:

Maybe I need to be like the 80 year old lady behind us that suns in her bikini.. :beach:

Robin used to be scared to go outside on those days :yikes:

Tejas
03-07-2012, 11:30 AM
I'm telling you, if I make it to 80, there won't even be a bikini! I don't care who it scares :lol:

beach bum
03-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Another day to stay home, I twisted my night last night while laying on the sofa in a crazy position.By the time I straighten up it was to late. Its now feeling ok as I drove the car with out any pain looking right or left.

Tomorrow I'm going out with Rita for lunch to the BBC which is down by the beach. The temps are going to the low 60's so we decided it would be nice to look out to the MV Sound while dining.

SANDRA==Good Luck at your w-i today,I never liked going to another meeting. Happy to hear you have a great flowerbed person I don't have flowers but flowering bushes and I put mulch in between the bushes to keep the weeds at bay.

NANCY== Sorry about the house having so many problems,but glad to hear you're not in a hurry to sell and will be able to enjoy your pool this summer time.You correct that you shouldn't settle for a price lower than appraisal. TG you have more a head on your shoulders than I do,I wouldn't know how to go about selling a house.I'm staying put as long as I can.

Have to go,have a great day

ontarget
03-07-2012, 05:11 PM
And if I make 80? Who knows what I'll do? I hope I'm flinging arrows.

I went to Ladies Bible Class today then to lunch. Not much else going on here. I'm OP.

pam920
03-07-2012, 07:49 PM
getting a little raunchy in here. Lets just hope we all make it to 80.

I made a soup today. Very good, easy and filling and low in calories. It said 150 calories per bowl.

Good luck with WI Sandra.

I made my curtain panels for my dining room. Turned out pretty good.

My back is aching, from bending, etc. Managed 30 minutes on treadmill.

Maryann, I assume it was your neck and hope you are better.

Rhonda, having my greek yogurt with cocoa and added a few mini chocolate chips. Mmmmmmm.

Nancy, sorry things didnt work out with the houses.

ontarget
03-07-2012, 09:18 PM
My wi was Tuesday. I lost 3.4 lbs, and that was while out of town at a tournament. I am extremely happy.

Pam, your yogurt sounds tasty.

pam920
03-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Sandra, that is fantastic. Congrats. I know you must be very happy.

Tejas
03-08-2012, 12:52 AM
Good for you, Sandra!

Pass the yogurt, Pam. Sounds great.

I had pasta tonight for the first time in months--at my nephew's birthday party. Eggplant parmesan--delicious.

Later edit: since when did eggplant become pasta??? I'm a dingbat!

nancy237
03-08-2012, 12:54 AM
Sandra ,

:dizzy: :jig: :cb: :dance: :high: :yes: :cheer2: :spin: :bravo: :cp: :congrat: :goodscale: :celebrate: :carrot:

beach bum
03-08-2012, 12:05 PM

Can't believe it up in the high 50's and heading to the 60's shortly,but I'm wearing a long sleeve blouse and a dickey around my neck still feeling stiffness and have to be careful not to move my head from side to side too quickly. If it doesn't get better over the weekend I will go to the doctor on Monday.

Going out with Rita to BBC today and than try to take a walk along the beach if it isn't to windy.

PAM-Yes it was and still is my neck That's stiff. Sorry for the typo,I should have gone back to see if any mistakes were made before heating post.

SANDRA-BIG CONGRATS :cheer2: on your 3.4 lost pounds.Of course you should be happy on those good results we are very proud of you for your weight loss achievement.

RHONDA-Eggplant could be cut in into pasta look before cooking.I made french fries out of turnips [a lo carb recipe]

Have to go and ready,have a great day

ontarget
03-08-2012, 03:06 PM
Wow!!!! Thank you, ladies. I appreciate your congrats so much. You are giving me courage to keep going. This is Day 3 of Week 2.

I subbed today in Spanish I classes. Ole!!

I have a pork roast cooking and sweet potatoes baking. Supper's going to be a treat.

Maryann, I made some caramalized turnips the other day. They were really tasty. Enjoy your good weather. I hope your neck feels better soon.

Rhonda, ahhh, Italiano! Sounds delish.

Nancy, I get inspiration every time I look at your tracker. Impressive!

Vickie, how's your day? I miss you.

ontarget
03-09-2012, 10:04 AM
My my. Isn't this something? Where is everyone? I hope you're all out there having a great, OP! day. We're going to buy some point friendly foods. (Mainly fruit)

beach bum
03-09-2012, 11:24 AM

Cloudy and windy today,so I'm going to go out this afternoon and get some errands done when they promised the un will be out. Called my friend Mary and she having a great time in Fla watching her Boson Red Sox games.The weather is warmer down there,and she's going out to dinners and doing some sight seeing with her DD. Had a great time at BBC we arrived at 1 had our lunch and stayed there until 5 PM sipping our water and talking about everything under the sun .

SANDRA-Thanks,feeling better already.WOO!!! those turnips sounds delicious by caramelizing them. Must try them the next time I buy turnips. I going to buy some low carb food as I running out of them.

Have to start my dinner than go out for errand,have a great day and evening.

pam920
03-09-2012, 02:29 PM
hi chicks.

We are painting the dining room. My shoulder was bothering me yesterday and it's killing me today. I do the trim work when we paint and it's my right shoulder, so needless to say, this is not helping it.

DH made chili. I liked being in Florida. We were so much closer to the grocery stores. Here, it's at least 1/2 hr drive.

ontarget
03-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Pam, I'd be sore, too. We aren't painting, but we're doing some spring cleaning. We have company coming mid-May that'll be here almost a week. Our home is very humble. Instead of having extra bedrooms, we have an archery shop. They'll have to sleep in there on an air mattress. They may not like us by the time they leave.

Maryann, BBL. Is that a Ladies' Bible Class? Sounds like you had fun with your lady friends. That's good.

We now have grapes, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, and a few oranges. I have a shipwreck casserole in the oven. We are stocked.

pam920
03-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Sandra, if you make it too comfortable for them they will never leave. We are having company this spring too, so I need to get my house cleaned. Everything is so dusty. I have the master bedroom done and almost done with dining room. The next room to tackle is the kitchen. We are going to paint in there too. I ordered curtains, that are due here on Sat. They are bright and colorful. I am loving patterned curtains lately. I guess it's the vintage in me, lol.

all that fruit sounds yummy. I have grapes, oranges, apples and bananas. We had so many strawberries when we were in Florida. I brought my oranges from Florida and need to eat them.

nancy237
03-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Enjoying my son today.

We went and upgraded his phone to a IPhone and I will get one also when I get an upgrade in April.
Bought a used futon frame for my new office set up, but need to find a mattress for it.

Guess what !!! I got into a smaller size pants today !!! My pants were all too big so I tried a smaller pair.. That means I will have lots of clothes that have been put away because I was too big for them.

Had a few extra carbs today at lunch but not many.

Tejas
03-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Busy day for me....up early, to the gym, then tap class, out to lunch, volunteer work at used book room from 1-5PM, home, then back out to have drink and appetizer at a celebration for a friend. Home again, walk the dog and collapse!

Tomorrow is busy also. We're having a "meet and greet" for a young woman running for state legislature, then going to a party for our favorite mayoral candidate.

Too much!

Sandra, what is Shipwreck casserole?

Tejas
03-09-2012, 09:03 PM
congrats on the pants, Nancy!

Tejas
03-10-2012, 11:16 AM
I had a very bad reaction to spending the afternoon with used books..sneezing again and again, sinus pain...yuck. This may be a short-lived effort.

I hope you all have a great day.

ontarget
03-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Pam, Florida oranges sound yummy. I accidentally bought some mandarin oranges that were soooooo bitter. We had to throw most of them away. Well, almost all of them.

Curtis and I are not used to much company. We've been thinking of things to do while they are here. It's funny--well it's prob sick--but we keep thinking of places to go eat. We are trying to step outside our comfort zone and find things to do. Honestly, it's not me that needs work here. It's Curtis. He could have been a hermit in the mountains of Montana. Love that guy, but wish he'd get out more.

Nancy, :woohoo: on being down a size!!!! That's a great feeling and you've worked hard to get it. I'm going to buy a new pair of slacks when I get into the 170's. 179.8 and I'll be in a store!!!

Rhonda, Shipwreck, is almost like a hobo stew. It's CORE. I'll go post it on the beef thread. You are busy busy busy. That'll keep you young.

Maryann, how's your neck? Are you going to the doctor?

Vickie, Ems, and Sloan? How are you chickies?

beach bum
03-10-2012, 12:47 PM

Went to Church this morning and the sun was out after going to the Christmas Tree Shop and the dollar store it was snowing hard and now the sun is out again.Glad as my handy man is going to fix my light figures and than I want him to install 2 motion dector lights one for the front door and then the other at my patio door. We live in a great are but its better safe than sorry.

Lost another pound this morning on the scale,166/165

SANDRA=BBC stand s for a restaurant/pub chain called The British Beer Company.Its the best pub/restaurant:cofdate: in our area at least the locals think so,and being right across the street from the beach,makes it a touristy place in the summer time.My neck is feeling fine no pain what so ever. Glad to that's the case as its hard to drive when you can't move it from left to right.

PAM=:sorry: your hurting with all the painting you're doing. Did you try a product like Ben Gay or other muscle relaxes. Or maybe a hot or cold patchy therapy.

NANCY=Congrats :cheer2: on your pants fitting your losing inches and hat great to here.

RHONDA-Hope you sinus problems leave as fast as it arrived

Have a great day,have to start my dinner.

ontarget
03-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Thank you for letting me know, Maryann. And I'm glad your neck is all right.

pam920
03-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Hey chickies.

Maryann, good to hear your neck is better. I bet it's nice living so close to the beach in the summer. In Florida, we are not too far from a beach, but it's not a nice beach, so we seldom go. It does have gorgeous sunsets.

Sandra, I quit buying those mandarin oranges last year or the year before. Just not very good, like they used to be.

Yeah Nancy. go girl.

Rhonda, I think you should refrain from any housework. I have sneezing spells every morning. My dad used to do the same thing. It must mean I'm getting old.

My shoulder is still bothering me. Feels like my rotator cuff. I'll buy some bengay, if I ever get out. It's so cold her, as far as I'm concerned.

I ordered curtains, and hated them. They are being returned. The colors were nothing like the online pics. Thank goodness I got free shipping and free return shipping. Guess I'll have to make my own.

I cleaned my vintage chandelier today. Had to take all the crystals off and soak in soap water, then put them all back on. What a job. It's full of prisms but I love it.

Happy Sunday.

beach bum
03-11-2012, 03:46 PM

I waiting for my handy man to put up the fixed light fixture and to install tow motion detectors lights one of for the front door and the other for the patio sliding door.

SANDRA-You're welcome, my whole family loves the food in BBC its very tasty and the prices are right. Just go to the British Beer Company.com and see there menu, a woman on another board told me that see checked it lout only wish she had one near her. Thanks, I'm happy the stiffness is gone as it hard to work or do anything when you can't turn your neck.

PAM-Oh definitely the beach is wonderful to walk along or go for a swim in the summer,but you have to beat the tourist to the parking lot before it fills as it does quickly. In the winter I can go late in the morning but in in the summer you got to get there early. Thanks its feels so much better than it did two or three days ago. Oh so sorry that you have rotary cuff I had the RC tendinitis and boy did that hurt. I went to my orthopedic doctor and he gave me a cortisone shot and it worked. Hoe you get relieve soon. I know what your going thought with the curtains I like buying on line or from catalog but the color never matches. I have to buy some vertical venation blinds I saw some at JC Penny's That I like but the don't come to the house to measure or install. So I have to find a company on the Cape that does.

Have a great day going to watch the finals of the Puerto Rico golf tournament.

Vickie
03-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Hey Chicks! You are all doing so well. I'm ashamed of myself and proud of all of you. Haven't cared much these past couple of weeks. Can't get my heel better and just worried about my whatever it is in my stomach. Endoscopy is tomorrow, so I hope I have quick good results.

Keep up the great work!