Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 3/4/12

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great week!

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-11-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #2  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I had a gain like expected. First off, I ate way too late. Secondly, I went to bed too late, so I didn't get enough sleep. My calories were good for my higher calorie day. So, it will work its way through.

Calories for yesterday: 1725 + :coffee
Weigh In: 149 (TTOM)
Up: 1 pound

Qtkitty The problem with the experimental pancake was that I didn't use the oatmeal. There was too much moisture in it. I'm not really a pancake person, but I wanted to try something that maybe DH could have. I did the oatmeal, cottage cheese, egg white (regular protein pancakes) a couple weeks ago, but he didn't like it. If I start my day off with something like that, it will go downhill for me. I can drink my coffee w/sugar and eat my English muffin with pumpkin butter, etc, and be OK. Those are carbs/sugar, too. I don't know why pancakes/syrup would be any different. I don't watch scary movies. The last one I watched was when I was in high school. It was one of the Jason movies. I remember Jason was under the bed and was stabbing a guy. That did it for me. For the longest time I had to sleep in the middle of the bed. That way, nothing could grab me from under the bed and hold me down, like Jason did in the movie. I'm not scared like that now, but there is no sense in putting myself thought that again. The chocolate cherry crumble sounds great. Enjoy!
Old 03-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #3  

Height: 5'2"

good morning! weighed in at 145.5. i weighed this the other day and quickly jumped to 147 by the end of the day, so who knows.

recovery is going well for my wisdom teeth. i miss the gym, but i was told to hold off on physical exertion for fear that i might injure myself or pop a stitch. eek.
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/163.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Good morning/afternoon everyone!

qtkitty~The good part about this salsa is that there isn't any chopping involved. Just throw it all in a blender then let it simmer on the stove for 25 minutes. It couldn't be any easier. If you want the recipe, let me know and I'll send you or post the link.

I went out to dinner with a friend last night. I pigged out on chicken fajitas. I haven't had them from a restaurant in forever. I did go for the whole wheat tortillas so I made an attempt to eat remotely healthy. I did 15 minutes of cardio dance on the Wii. Another reminder of why I don't do Zumba. I will stick to doing things like that in the privacy of my living room. After that I took the dogs out for a 3 mile walk. I wanted to make sure I could do it before next weekend's 5K. Kallie was pooped after that. LOL! It ended up being a very stressful night and morning so I haven't eaten yet. It is almost lunchtime so I guess I will be skipping breakfast.

I hope everyone has a good day.
erinrenae80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #5  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I ordered me some new weights today. I bought a pair of #12's and a pair of #15's. I am suppose to have them on Wednesday. I am totally skeered!

valalltogether Glad your oral surgery went well and you had a great weigh in.

erinrenae Great job on the 3 miles!

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (600 Calories)
Grilled Sirloin 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories

Dinner 500 Calories
Turkey Wrap 400 Calories
Fruit Cup 100 calories

Exercise:
#10 SD Recovery Upper Body w/10's
#10 SD Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing w/weighted gloves

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-04-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #6  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi all! I had a very nice weekend. Had a great workout and walk on Saturday and then watche d above with the family. Sunday was e typical day, but since I had leftovers ready, at least no cooking today. I'm feeling more alive with the days getting longer. I survived winter! I swear it HS harde and harder every year. I need to move closer to the equator.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #7  
Trying to live below 200

Berry Hi We had 4 inches of rain yesterday, but we needed it. Last week we had a couple days around 80*. The trees are blooming already. I think Spring is very close for us.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #8  
Melissa

Ugh, but I just stepped on the scale as I always do before going to bed and the scale is up. Darn ovulation hormones! I'll be over 175 tomorrow morning and tht was a number I hoped to never go over again!
Old 03-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #9  
Improvise Adapt Overcome

S/C/G: 178/172/130

Height: 5'

I don't count calories......but I was under my sugar and carb count for the day. Was at 175 lb. first this this am.
Did 3 miles/1hr on the treadmill (I do a programmed walk) plus 8 minute core work. (From the belly fat cure exercise program)

Still not happy with results.....it is very difficult to change eating habits when the teenagers in my house still want the junk food.
peachypeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Morning Weight 372.8

Breakfast ( More Midnight snack ate it at 3 am )
Whole Wheat Roll 99
Sub Total 99

Lunch( brunch)
1 sm can Pumpkin 140
1/4c cottage cheese 45
1/2c Oatmeal 150
1tsp Molasses 20
1/8 tsp Demerara sugar 5
Sub Total 360

Dinner
Stouffer’s Italian Lasagna 313
1c Coleslaw 100
1.25 serving( half bag) Dark Cherries 112
10 Garadelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chips 50
1/4c Oatmeal 75
2c 1% Milk 220
Sub Total 870

Daily Total 1329

Water 60

Diana~ Hmmm ... if your not a pancake person ... maybe some play on pumpkin pie with the same ingredients that are in the pancakes... which would make it like a pumpkin crumble ... put the egg,cotage cheese, and pumpkin mixture on the bottom with cinnamon and pumpkin spice ( maybe a little something to sweeten it a touch if you like ) then put the oatmeal on top. And bake it.. You could be a baaaad girl and have "dessert" for breakfast.

I watch the living dead every week. However I look at the show not as a horror show but as a “end of the world” survival type show. It is dramatic ect. I enjoy it. I know I have an over active imagination. I keep it in check now. When I was a kid though Wow … I could scare myself silly… I swear I saw A.L.F. walk by the bathroom door one night *LOL* Why that scared me who knows*LOL* I always had a problem with something under the bed… gremlins, hobgoblins or something… and I have had to sleep with my feet off the bed since I was in middle school to be comfortable *lol* so I keep my feet tucked in the covers over the edge of the bed *LOL* I have felt the covers be pulled off my bed when no one was there. No kidding they were off when I woke up pulled straight down off the bed… but I am not sure if I did it in my sleep or what happened. Since I have moved my bed it has not happened Sooooooo my head was near an electrical outlet and which could have been out putting EMF’s which cam cause hallucinations aka that was all in my head. So all in all I know I am susceptible to electrical magnetic, preservatives and chemicals *lol* I have to take that with life though and work around it as much as I can … and take the time to think before I freak out about things *lol*

Oh and you asked if I had gotten probiotics yet last week. I looked into it and the ones I can buy in the store around here have one strand of bacteria... I looked into one created by a lab I trust and bought through them because it provides more then one strand. It will be here soon, but til then my mom has the same kind so I am borrowing some. I also invested in some immume support vitamins... anything to get over this hump. Not to mention I found Lysine in caplets... YAY.. GNC sells lysine in huge horse pills either oblong or round... both are so big they are difficult to take... so the caplets are awsome. I am also back on allergy medicine... which has been since Thursday although I am not feeling a difference. I am going to stick with it. I am also still taking musinex and antibiotic. The weather has been up and down and today things are turning a bit green again and my other ear popped shut. So I am keeping my fingers crossed because tommorrow is my last dose of antibiotic.

Val~ I have had my wisdom teeth out as well … hope it was a quick and painless as possible.. I had one removed the old fashioned way… I had them put me out for the other 3 there was noooo way I was doing that again. I hope your recovery is quick *s*

Erin~ would love the recipe … sticking it in the blender so sounds like a cheat*lol* … I do love chunky salsa though.. But then I would end up eating it with chips … are there any low cal chips out there ?

Berry~ At least this winter was easier then some in the past .. Been a strange winter though.. I dread next years winter.

Peachy~ Welcome … hmmm … maybe you can sneak some healthy snacks in on the teens … I had step kids and for afternoon snack I used to keep a gallon size Tupperware container of a variety of veggies( Broccoli, Cauliflower, carrots, bell peppers, celery) and dip made of ranch mixed with sour cream.

Last edited by qtkitty; 03-04-2012 at 11:47 PM.
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #11  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Let's make it a great week!

Something weird is still going on with me. I am still waking up with some facial (lip) swelling going on. I bought another bread to use for my sandwich at lunch. It doesn't contain soy lecithin or any soy at all. We'll see how it goes this week. Bottom line is that I feel like I still have some sort of allergic reaction going on. If the new bread doesn't change anything, I guess I will have to do some more analyzing. Unless, this is how I feel with water weight from TTOM. Everything is different since the weight loss. I don't think it's TTOM because my lips feel weird in general.

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
Weigh In: 148.6 (TTOM)
Down: .4

Peachypeg Hi Welcome to the check-in!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #12  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Monday Morning WI 198.2 up 2.2 lbs from last Monday. This may be so, however, all my size 16's have gotten baggy enough to wear a belt, which I borrowed from my 12 year old. The first time I wore the belt, I could only get to the first hole, I'm now on an easy 3rd hole. So I see a difference from last week in size just not weight. Also, the girls have finally changed in size, not cup but shape so there's something going on with them...just not sure what. I couldn't exercise at all last week due to the cold, I couldn't do anything but sleep, really. So I've got a lot of catching up to do...starting with laundry (always laundry) and sweeping the livingroom so I can pull out my Wii

Sorry I missed you all last week. My head was muddled and the computer hurt my eyes.

ItsMyTurn I'm super sorry about all the things that are going on right now for you. I wish my words could make a difference, but I really wouldn't know what else to say...so, to you, my friend. I think you have a wonderful support system in place and that will help you and your family to get through this, plus add that you have a magnificent head on your shoulders, I know you pull through, dinged and dented maybe, but still solid and working for sure

qtkitty Thanks for looking for me. I'm here Love the post on your daughter in the doorway. OMG, children scare me the most in creepy movies so whenever my son would do something like that, I'd be freaked out the rest of the day. He used to loom over the bed in the mornings. He wanted me to wake up, but he was too sweet to impose. LOL the staring was way more of an imposition!

Peachy I had a hard first year of not snacking on their snacks. Then I felt like whenever they ate their yummy snacks in front of me, they were being downright cruel. My sweet son, doesn't eat them in front of me now unless I tell him it's okay. DD on the other hand, will taunt me with her sweets. She's mean But after two years, I'm not tempted by the sweets which still amazes me, because I am such an addict.

Has anyone seen Larry?

Berry how did the scale treat you this morning? I so know what you mean about not wanting to go over again. I watched the scale rise all week and got super worried. But we know you'll get those added ickies off again. How's your weather? Did you get snow over the weekend? We got flurries on Friday and less than flurries Sat. We were supposed to get snow during the week (and the rest of the state did) but I live at the beach and a lot of the time we don't get snow. Funny not even a mile inland and they are plowing No snow this year worth mentioning, so weird.

erin How's your knee? I hope it's better. I hope your day got better too.

Well, I am off to do my chores and then maybe some yoga. I need to ease back into my exercise. I am exhausted. It never reached the chest but the fatigue I have feels as though I've got bronchitis, even though I don't. Anyway, I'm off.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #13  
Melissa

Just a quick run by as I have someone coming over in a few.

Yep, Scale was up over 175 this morning. Good thing I know I've been on plan and exercising and doing everything right so that I know it's just my ovulation weight gain (which is usually more than my TTOM gain.) I think I'm ovulating today. Then I'll hold the weight for a couple days and then hopefully, HOPEFULLY a whoosh that will get me out of the 170s at least temporarily!

Doing bodystep this evening - making bread by hand this morning. (I usually use a machine, but I'm giving a lesson on how to make bread and this friend doesn't have any machines).
Old 03-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday!

What a busy weekend with the DD's musical closing weekend. They're relieved it's over, but I'm a little sad. It's probably the last time they'll perform on stage together. They've been doing it for about 10 years now, at least one show a year. Anyway, no idea my weight this morning...I was so tired I forgot to get on the scale. Oh well, TTOM means the number won't be true anyway.

Working just a half day today, as I have Dr. appts for DD#1 and new kitty this afternoon.

Hope you all have an great, OP day!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #15  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Diana - Teens' living room is set up, sectional was delivered and set up. I never did get a chance to relax. Weird about your lips, hope it goes away quickly

erinrenae - Wow on the 5k next weekend and super job on 3 miles! That's huge!

Berry - Sounds like a lovely weekend! I hear you on longer days & such. I don't think I would be able to handle Maine again after living where we are sunny almost all the time, it would play on my mood I bet

qtkitty - Way to go on the probiotics! I take acidolphilus daily. I can't have it via yogurt due to the dairy, so now I take it in the pill form

Mamakat - You and your laundry crack me up, seems you are always doing it. Hope your head is better?

Moondance - I am glad you survived your busy weekend. Sounds like today is just as busy!

We got the pool cleaned up for the season, so that won't be an eyesore for DD's birthday party next weekend. Also went shopping and got the decorations all on Saturday (along with a few odds and ends that will just make her happy), then got her gifts too! Got the kids' living room upstairs done, gym still fits too without getting in the way of anyone... sectional delivered and assembled - though DH didn't get tv moved yet cause he had to get some sleep before going in 3rd shift. Hopefully he will have that done today. I also got some huge cleaning done yesterday with the help of the kiddos, especially the youngest. I did get a chance to work with my ball yesterday, and even though I do so many other forms of workouts, my glutes, thighs are killing me :O Amazing. Hope everyone has an awesome Monday!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote