Goal! - Goal! 82 Pounds Down: 217 to 135 (pics)

dogdaysofdiets
03-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Today is the day. I officially reached the goal I set for myself just over nine months ago. This site has been an invaluable source of information and support to me along this journey. I set this goal back when it seemed completely far away and unattainable. Now that I'm here I realize I still have plenty left to go, so I've reset my goal to 125 and I'll see how I feel once I get there. Despite being only 5'0, I have a very large frame, so I can't imagine getting much lower than that, but time will tell.

I began my journey shortly before Memorial Day weekend, 2011. I had no specific plan, but as May became June, things started falling into place. I started at 217 and weighed in at 134.9 this morning after tap dancing around 135 for a couple days.

I have PCOS and insulin resistance, so low carb (60/day) low calorie (1200/day) with a splash of calorie and carb cycling to keep my body guessing was how I achieved my results. In addition to cardio and strength training (mostly resistance bands as I still detest weights, despite trying to like them). I also take part in intermittent fasting (fast from 7pm-noon) because it seems to work best for my lifestyle. Eating breakfast always made be nauseous (despite breakfast being some of my favorite foods). I had what I'd consider a severe carbohydrate addiction. Kicking that was hard, but freeing. I love that I no longer crave food and I don't miss carbs at all.

On to the pictures...I do not have very many pictures of myself before I started my journey. I avoided the camera, so I did not take official before pics. The best ones I have are from a May 2011 trip to Alaska, which was about two weeks before I started, so they're exactly my starting weight as luck would have it.

Here goes....the Before at 217, wearing size 16 jeans and XL/1X tops:
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q588/Dogdaysofdiets/2f21fe83.jpg
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q588/Dogdaysofdiets/af94ccf5.jpg

And the After...taken tonight at 134.9 pounds, wearing size 6 jeans and a small top:
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q588/Dogdaysofdiets/0d7353eb.jpg

And a bonus shot with my faithful yellow friend, Henry - he loves the camera, LOL!
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q588/Dogdaysofdiets/92e1e066.jpg

smarkey
03-03-2012, 10:37 PM
You look (and are) amazing! You must be so proud of yourself! What an inspiration to keep going. Thanks for posting these pics and your story.

Charin
03-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Woooohoooo!!!!! Amazing job! Congrats! You look great!

baker23
03-03-2012, 10:55 PM
You look fanastic. Congrats on comming so far and reaching your goal :)

susiederkins
03-04-2012, 12:54 AM
wow congrats! you look amazing. you have to take more pics now with your new fun self!

i have pcos and ir too. i'm such a carb addict and have just started lowering my carb intake.

marmar09
03-04-2012, 01:26 AM
Amazing!!

autodidact
03-04-2012, 01:42 AM
You are an inspiration! Only 9 months. Well done, and thank you so much for sharing.

lovemydoggiesx2
03-04-2012, 04:40 AM
I love your story (as a fellow PCOS and IR gal) you give me inspiration to continue this battle. You look fabulous and should be so proud of yourself. Great job!

DaugT
03-04-2012, 06:56 AM
WOW!!! :congrat:
Amazing accomplishment!! You look fabulous!

Laura78
03-04-2012, 07:12 AM
So amazing - Congratulations!

nicolae
03-04-2012, 08:24 AM
wow! you look fantastic! in such a short amount of time too. well done you are such an insparation xxx

Dunediner
03-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Amazing! You look fantastic!

emaline29
03-04-2012, 09:36 AM
That is just soo fantastic...:bravo:

Really is a new you ... so well done.

Vex
03-04-2012, 11:02 AM
What an amazing transformation! Henry looks pretty happy too!

guacamole
03-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Congratulations! You look great!!!

teacher1
03-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Congrats!!!!! Amazing progress. You're such an inspiration!!!

Nibbles
03-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Congrats! You look wonderful, and I imagine you feel pretty wonderful as well. :)

dogdaysofdiets
03-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Thank you everyone for your kind words of encouragement. I do feel great and as everyone always says, I'm so glad I started when I did. I still have more to go, but accomplishing my original goal was something I wanted to celebrate before moving on.

PghGal
03-04-2012, 03:30 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo:

Congrats!!! You look fantastic and should be very proud. :congrat:

CherylT
03-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Congratulations!!! You look awesome!

DocAuD
03-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Congrats on reaching your goal! Thanks for sharing. :) :bravo:

kidjng
03-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Congratulations! You look fantastic!

Erinyes74
03-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Woo hoo! Great job! :)

begoodjen
03-05-2012, 07:56 AM
WOW! You are amazing! Cute puppy too :)

Elizabetti
03-19-2012, 03:51 PM
Congratulations! What a difference! I'll have to try the fasting from 7-noon, I've done the 24 hour fasts, but their a little daunting. Great work!

ubskinnyagain75
03-19-2012, 06:53 PM
You do not even look remotely like the same person. I'm starting a little bit heavier than you started at, but 4 inches taller & it makes me so happy to hear that others have achieved their goals. CONGRATULATIONS to the healthier version of you.

bnorris10
03-22-2012, 12:15 PM
congrats

qtapostolic
03-22-2012, 12:25 PM
:bravo::cp::hat::dance::flow2::cheer2::woohoo::che er2::congrat::cheer::thanks:for sharing! I needed a pick-me-up today and this was it! You look amazing! I can't wait to be where you are at!

Sleepless
03-22-2012, 01:42 PM
I am sooo happy for you! You look fantastic!

This is great motivation for me on my first day :)

lostangel05
03-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Wow! Exactly the amount I have to lose. I started at 217 also. At 201 right now. My goal is also 130-135. Great inspiration!

dogdaysofdiets
03-22-2012, 08:18 PM
Thank you all for the kind compliments. I so appreciate the support this forum has offered me over the last 9-10 months. It has given me personal accountability and a fabulous group of like minded individuals to relate to.

I'm hoping to update my pictures at the 130 mark, so hopefully soon. I'm curious to see if there will be a noticeable difference. The last couple of pounds lost have moved me from the just right size 6 I was at 135 to a just right size 4. (I nearly fainted when the 4s fit, LOL!) I even fit into a (obviously generous) size 2 Lucky Brand Bermuda jean shorts that I picked up at TJ Maxx over the weekend. They fit just like the 4s, so I'm guessing the sizing is off and they're not really size 2s. Oh how I wish I could wear the tag on the outside so I could stare at it all day long. :D

dogdaysofdiets
03-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Wow! Exactly the amount I have to lose. I started at 217 also. At 201 right now. My goal is also 130-135. Great inspiration!

How cool! I wish you all the best on your journey. You're so close to ONEderland!!!!! Good luck!

LandonsBaby
03-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ralucax
03-27-2012, 07:05 PM
God, I love your thread! Amazing job you did there! Gives me tons of motivation :carrot:

xJox
03-28-2012, 09:33 AM
Congratulations! You are such an inspiration and look fantastic!!

Amy23
03-28-2012, 10:20 AM
You look absolutely amazing! Congratulations!

ubskinnyagain75
03-28-2012, 11:33 AM
You don't look like the same person - incredible!!!! I am on the same journey, close start weight but goal weight a bit higher since I am taller. It's amazing what a person can do if they just "DO IT". Nine months is really not that long to lose all that weight, it goes by really fast doesn't it?! You really must give yourself a few high fives - very impressive!!!
I am on Medifast and it's working and I also do intermitten fasting because I'm not really a morning food type of person but I do it from 6 p.m. till 10 a.m. on this diet as well as calorie cycling (eating only the packaged meals one day and adding a lean and green the next). It seems to really work.
Please keep us posted on your maintenance, which in my opinion is the hardest as I've lost weight before.
CONGRATS!!!

fyreflie24
04-01-2012, 12:37 PM
OMG CONGRATS! How awesome! You look amazing and must feel the same!

eyre13
04-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Wow! That is such an inspiration! congratulations!!!

Tejas
04-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Congratulations...you look fabulous and must feel so much better.

I think I'll try to take the carbs down. I've been at 100-150 for a while and have been able to do that without too much "pain." :lol:

GettinFit
04-02-2012, 11:44 AM
:congrat: You look amazing. Thanks for sharing as this is so encouraging and motivating.

JollyGreenSteen19
04-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Well don't you look fabulous!

jajomo0118
04-02-2012, 10:14 PM
I browsed your post on my phone...but wanted to see it on my computer...and I am so so happy I did!! I can't even fathom losing that all in the amount of time you did!! YOU ARE A TRUE INSPIRATION!! Well done...looking forward to seeing your new goal!! Size 4 and 2's...just freaking awesome!!

TiffNeedsChange
04-02-2012, 10:32 PM
You look lovely! I have a Carb addiction and I am thankful for your posting the amount you were allowed... I am going to try that out.. it is s hard for me not to go overboard on carbs and it is a miserable feeling. I can't wait to get where you are!! Congrats

Onedaysmaller
04-06-2012, 05:09 AM
You look so great! Congratulations, you must be so proud of all your hard work! :D

Butterfly1987
04-14-2012, 06:51 AM
Well done you, you look amazing - such a difference!!! And gorgeous doggy :-)

swoody29
04-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Sooo awesome! Congrats! Would you mind giving a little breakdown of your daily eating/drinking habits. Do you have coffee before noon? any alcoholic beverages with low carbs/cals...etc. I cant wait to be your weight!

dogdaysofdiets
04-14-2012, 07:18 PM
Thanks again everyone for your support. :hug:

Sooo awesome! Congrats! Would you mind giving a little breakdown of your daily eating/drinking habits. Do you have coffee before noon? any alcoholic beverages with low carbs/cals...etc. I cant wait to be your weight!

Hi swoody - I drink water and unsweetened iced green tea every morning before breaking my fast. No carbs until noon, but I have heard others on IFing threads mention having coffee in the morning, but I'm not sure if they're drinking it black or adding some sugar/cream to it. I'm not a coffee drinker in general. Back in the day...carb addicted days...I enjoyed iced coffee with lots of cream and sugar. Now that I kicked my carb addiction, I no longer care to drink it or even crave it.

As for alcohol...I'm not a super big drinker, so this wasn't a huge change for me. Ever since being on Metformin for my PCOS, my doctor cautioned me about not drinking much in conjunction with that medicine, so I'd cut way back on that many years ago. However, I do like my girlie drinks (fruity sangria, etc) and I now find myself going the safe route by picking the lowest carb option of a white wine like a Pinot Grigio...still sweet and fruity. Not as fun, but the weight loss has been worth the sacrifice. Hope that helps you!

Seashell84
04-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Wow, great job! You look amazing!

odirish
04-15-2012, 08:46 AM
I love your results. I too am severly addicted to carbs. I may have missed it, but what did you do to lose the weight? I saw something about carb and calorie cycling. Can you explain? Thanks. (you look awesome!)

Mary Ann

FattyFatFat
04-16-2012, 10:32 AM
You look great! The dog looks like he's catching an aroma of a nice warm apple pie or something and thinks he's getting some, haha.

dogdaysofdiets
04-16-2012, 12:18 PM
I love your results. I too am severly addicted to carbs. I may have missed it, but what did you do to lose the weight? I saw something about carb and calorie cycling. Can you explain? Thanks. (you look awesome!)

Mary Ann

I'd be happy to elaborate. My general success came from changing my nutrition as I was already fairly consistent about working out. Because I have PCOS and insulin resistance, I focused on both low calorie (averaging 1200/day) and low carb (averaging 60/day). On the days I cycle - typically Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun - I increase my calories at various meals and increase my carbs, but I try to keep my carb to calorie ratio lower than 40% on those higher days. My body seems very sensitive to patterns, so mixing it up here and there seems to combat that for me.

I know that sounds very basic, but I genuinely didn't do anything more complicated than that. Old fashioned calorie counting, low carb and lots of will power. Good luck to you!

roxmysox
04-16-2012, 12:23 PM
You look fantastic! Thanks for sharing your story and pictures with us!!

withoutwings
04-17-2012, 01:59 AM
You look great!!

odirish
04-17-2012, 04:52 PM
I'd be happy to elaborate. My general success came from changing my nutrition as I was already fairly consistent about working out. Because I have PCOS and insulin resistance, I focused on both low calorie (averaging 1200/day) and low carb (averaging 60/day). On the days I cycle - typically Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun - I increase my calories at various meals and increase my carbs, but I try to keep my carb to calorie ratio lower than 40% on those higher days. My body seems very sensitive to patterns, so mixing it up here and there seems to combat that for me.

I know that sounds very basic, but I genuinely didn't do anything more complicated than that. Old fashioned calorie counting, low carb and lots of will power. Good luck to you!

Thank you for replying. I love your idea of carb cycling. I can honestly say that I cannot stick to 20 carbs. Everytime I try..I fail at it. the weekends are the hardest for me. I am going to try this and make friday and sat. my higher carb day. Thank you so much:hug:

dogdaysofdiets
04-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Thank you for replying. I love your idea of carb cycling. I can honestly say that I cannot stick to 20 carbs. Everytime I try..I fail at it. the weekends are the hardest for me. I am going to try this and make friday and sat. my higher carb day. Thank you so much:hug:

You're very welcome. I don't think I could have stuck to 20 carbs either. That's very low. You may see a slight bounce up in water weight after increasing your carbs a little, but it should drop off after your body adjusts. I forgot to mention that I also do intermittent fasting, which helps with low carbing since I'm only eating between 12pm-7pm (and not that whole 7 hours) so it limits the amount of food I can put in my body to begin with. Good luck to you!!! It is sooo worth the hard work.

drake3272004
04-17-2012, 10:20 PM
Way to go!!! Looking good:carrot:

Lunula
04-19-2012, 11:30 AM
HUGE congratulations! You look fantastic - and I'll bet you FEEL fantastic, too! :D

odirish
04-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Hi again. I started to lower my carbs on the 15th. I am now down 4 lbs. I'm so glad I found your thread because trying to stick to 20 carbs was impossible for me. I don't get it perfect but I am conscious of what I eat and how many carbs it contains. Hope we can stay in touch.

Mary Ann

Sir Poppycock
04-21-2012, 08:36 AM
Oh my gosh!! You look amazing!! You must be so proud!! I can't wait until I lose that much weight!! Congrats!!

dogdaysofdiets
04-21-2012, 08:57 AM
Hi again. I started to lower my carbs on the 15th. I am now down 4 lbs. I'm so glad I found your thread because trying to stick to 20 carbs was impossible for me. I don't get it perfect but I am conscious of what I eat and how many carbs it contains. Hope we can stay in touch.

Mary Ann

Thank you Mary Ann! I'm so touched that I offered you a gimmer of hope and success. It was very difficult for me to publicly share my story and post pictures - a bit outside of my comfort zone to be honest, especially posting my face (I came so close to blacking it out, but decided I needed to hold myself accountable and make it REAL). I'm grateful that by doing so, I've given others inspiration that this journey is REAL. It's hard, but the results are attainable and I'm so glad I got off my duff to push past my hesitations (i.e. excuses) to do it sooner.

Congratulations to you on your new low - 4 pounds is nothing to shake a stick at! Keep up the good work and feel free to reach out to me whenever you need support. :hug:

kimmy125
04-25-2012, 09:19 AM
What an accomplishment! I am inspired ;0)