Fitness Videos - 30 Day Shred March

View Full Version : 30 Day Shred March

Sparx
03-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Hi everyone, started a new thread for March, rest day yesterday but I started level 2 today and to my surprise enjoyed it, though it was hard!!!! How are you all getting on??

Candeka
03-03-2012, 06:20 PM
I am going to join you! I started in January but have only been doing it on and off (mostly off :() but my birthday is at the end of this month so it motivates me in hopes of dropping on more size before my party! I also have Ripped in 30 which I am going to try and incorporate into my schedule.

Sparx
03-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Yay candeka keep posting cuz it keeps me motivated knowing we are all in this together :carrot:

Candeka
03-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Will do! I am on here everyday so it shouldn't be a problem!

mirax3
03-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Yay! I am so happy to see this. I was going to start a thread to see if anyone else was doing it.

I am doing good. I remember the first time I did it I felt like I was going to die but that was awhile ago. I have since gotten into better shape :)

I also just bought Killer Buns and Thighs so I might alternate between the two.

How is everyone else doing? Seeing any results?

umimar
03-04-2012, 12:43 AM
I finished L1D10 today, tomorrow I'm supposed to start L2D1... wish me luck!

I have been doing 30DS and also Walk Away the Pounds for two weeks, so far I think I have lost 3 pounds and overall 5 inches (hips + waist + thighs + knees + arms) so I am pretty happy with it. Also, I am watching what I am eating and trying to stay under 1500/1600 calories. It's going not super fast, but it is going, which to my it's fine. As many people have said, it took me years to gain this way, it's not going to take me a couple of days to get rid of it!

Sparx, how was L2D1 for you? I am still doing pretty much the modified version on a bunch of exercises. What's your experience?

Sparx
03-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Hi everyone level 2 day 2 done :carrot:
Umimar - nice work :D I was still modifying the push ups on level 1 but today for the first time ever I find I can finally do some pushups!! I also dont go as deep into the squats and lunges however again I am finding I am getting deeper each day, I decided to progress on to level 2 anyway , it is hard but i'm actually enjoying it, I was ready for a change!
I didn't measure myself before I started but I know its working I can feel the difference in my clothes and I feel stronger, also I dropped 4lbs this week :D
Hi miramax nice to have you join us!!

umimar
03-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Holly sh***!!! L2D1 was crazy!!!!!! I had to do almost everything with modifications, and I was huffing and puffing all the way into the workout, but I did it :P 9 more days doing this!!!!!?????!!!!!! oh well, I am committed so let it be!!!

novangel
03-04-2012, 11:27 PM
I'll join!

I started 30DS a few weeks ago but I was off to a rough start. I'm still on level 1 with no sign of level 2 in sight. lol

How often do you guys plan to do this? I try to stick to it around 5 days a week.

nascar316
03-05-2012, 01:15 PM
I really want to join this, but I can't find my darn dvd. I bought it last year, but to be honest, I only did it a couple times cuz it kicked my butt and made me feel like a fat loser LOL I've now come to realize, that just means I need it all the more and it must really work. Mission for the day: FIND THAT DVD!! LOL

Sparx
03-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Hi :D level 2 day 3 done :carrot:
How are you all doing???

summerlove
03-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Im starting this tomorrow!! I've done it before and it always gives me great results. Going to pair this with an hour of walking too.

umimar
03-05-2012, 10:32 PM
L2 D2 done! The first part of the circuit went a little bit better today. BUT, the last ab session was a huge killer!!!! 2 down, 8 more to go :)
Sparx, keep doing it, you're my personal trainer! Are you planning on continuing it after the 30 days or go to the Ripped one?

Candeka
03-05-2012, 10:35 PM
It's day 3 of level 1 today. I am hoping to get it done but I got called to babysit so it thru my whole night off. Good job everyone!!

novangel
03-05-2012, 10:43 PM
I'm not exactly sure what day I am on but it's around day 10 or so...all that matters is I survived yet another session. Kudos to those that made it to level 2. I am so out of shape it's not even funny. :o

nascar316
03-06-2012, 12:11 PM
My son found my video for me!! Today was L1D1 and it whooped me. :) But I still think I'm going to pair it with a little zumba or something else. I can't believe how out of breath I was. I think I've tried to delude myself my weight is not as big of an issue... Opening my eyes that yes it really really is.

frankiki
03-06-2012, 05:00 PM
I'm thinking of doing this! Can someone tell me what the workouts are like?

Is it one 20 minute workout for each level that you complete every day, or are there different components to each level (abs, cardio, strength etc.)

Also, do you just move up a level after 10 days or when you feel it getting easy?

Thanks in advance. Hope you're all enjoying the programme!

Sparx
03-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Hi everyone level 2 day 4 done!
Frankiki - its a 20 min workout plus a warm up and cool down , it is made up of three circuits, strength, cardio and abs in each circuit. You can make your own mind up on when to move levels :D
Nascar - yay on finding the video and nice work on getting started!
Novoangel - good work !!
Umimar - excellent work my workout buddy :carrot:
Candeka - hope the workout went well!

Happy shredding everyone :D

umimar
03-06-2012, 11:13 PM
L2D3 here, today it was hard for me, maybe I was more tired, although I am working on my push ups :P The trick is continuing and not giving up. I am glad to see there are more new brave souls joining us.
I don't know about shred in 30 days, but definitely sweat in 20 minutes is fully accomplished!!!! I haven't sweated so profusely in my entire life!!!!!! I don't need a facial anymore, with the sweat and the towel wiping my face, I am set :P

Candeka
03-06-2012, 11:53 PM
I'm thinking of doing this! Can someone tell me what the workouts are like?

Is it one 20 minute workout for each level that you complete every day, or are there different components to each level (abs, cardio, strength etc.)

Also, do you just move up a level after 10 days or when you feel it getting easy?

Thanks in advance. Hope you're all enjoying the programme!

There are 3 levels. Each are supposed to be 10 days but some people move on sooner well others do them for longer. In each level there are 3 circuts plus warm up and cool down. Within each circut, you do 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio and one minute of abs in that order. Its 20 minutes of getting your butt kicked but its amazing if you get bored easy or hate long wokouts. Youll notice great results from it tho.

novangel
03-07-2012, 01:56 AM
Jillian again tonight, hopefully again tomorrow! Still very winded on level 1 so I have a feeling I'm going to be here for a while longer but I'm ok with that.

See everyone tomorrow. Hopefully. ;)

frankiki
03-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the write up. It sounds ace!

The short workout sounds perfect for me as I have time issues, although I'm currently attempting to become a 5.30am exerciser - yaaawn!

nascar316
03-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Oh wow, woke up this morning in PAIN!!! Guess Jillian kicked my butt. Thoughts that ran through my head this morning: I'm too sore to think about working out, maybe I'll look through video collection for something easier on me, seriously is this worth it, someone just shoot me, how did I get to this point. However, I put on 30 day shred and worked my butt off anyways. Didn't think I would, was afraid I'd quit half way through but now it's done and over for the day. Only made it through less than 10 minutes of zumba afterwards but at least it was something. Hope everyone has a great shred today and thank you for listening to my whining :)

Sparx
03-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Level 2 day 5 done :carrot:

novangel
03-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Wow, good for you Sparx! I'm still on level 1 for a while now, I don't know how you survived. lol

umimar
03-07-2012, 10:58 PM
L2D4 done :)
Novangel, listen to your body, if you think you are not ready to go to the next level yet, stay there for a couple more days until you feel like you're building up more stamina. I did level 1 for 10 days, most of the exercises modified, following Anita, and then moved to level 2, again modifying most of them. I think the trick is to keep of challenging your body. And you will reach a point on level 1, if you keep on doing it everyday, in which your body will feel more comfortable with it. Then it's time to move on ;) keep it up! :)

nascar316
03-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Level 1 Day 3 finished. I had considered not exercising today because as of last night I have a cold. However, my muscles starting feeling better today and I do NOT want a repeat of yesterday's soreness so I'm just going to keep going LOL I have to say I feel better for it, so maybe this pain is a good thing to keep me motivated LOL

novangel
03-08-2012, 11:26 PM
Are we supposed to do this everyday? I'm aiming for 5-6 days a week, is that sufficient?

umimar
03-08-2012, 11:42 PM
I took a break today, went to the park for a nice walk and did 5 miles, and my hips were a bit sore so I figured today would be the perfect day for a break. So far I have also taken a break on my first 10 days so I figure at least 6 times a week would be good, time for your body to recover.

panshrmu
03-09-2012, 12:54 AM
ok ladies, I just got my dvd's yesterday so can I join in here?

I was doing just walking 30 min a day (ok, well, did that for a week!!) and really felt like I needed more. So I bought the 30DS that EVERYONE has been talking about.

3/8 day 1 level 1 followed by 25min brisk walk.......my kids were like "mommy your face is red!" I guess that is good!! haven't been like that for awhile:D

this morning.............OUCH!!! at least I can walk, though rather slowly

I have read that it is good to do 5 days a week so muscles can rest, so I think I will do that 3 or 4 days then rest a day, then 3 or 4 days then rest..... I have a feeling I will be on level 1 for quite some time though!!LOL!

thanks for having me ladies

Candeka
03-09-2012, 01:03 AM
ok ladies, I just got my dvd's yesterday so can I join in here?

I was doing just walking 30 min a day (ok, well, did that for a week!!) and really felt like I needed more. So I bought the 30DS that EVERYONE has been talking about.

3/8 day 1 level 1 followed by 25min brisk walk.......my kids were like "mommy your face is red!" I guess that is good!! haven't been like that for awhile:D

this morning.............OUCH!!! at least I can walk, though rather slowly

I have read that it is good to do 5 days a week so muscles can rest, so I think I will do that 3 or 4 days then rest a day, then 3 or 4 days then rest..... I have a feeling I will be on level 1 for quite some time though!!LOL!

thanks for having me ladies

You'll get better. The day after your first time doing 30ds sucks. Whenever I take more thena few days off, I am always really sore when I start back up again. But by the end of the week I dont feel a thing.

nascar316
03-09-2012, 02:32 PM
L1D4 finished today. I think 4 days of exercise is a new record for me. I'm happy that I've committed but I've been down this morning. Time to shake it off and get cleaning.

umimar
03-10-2012, 12:42 AM
good job, nascar! u'll see it gets better and better :) L2D5 here, even if I didn't feel like doing anything this evening :P

Sparx
03-10-2012, 09:44 AM
2 rest days back to it today!! Level 2 day 6 done!! :carrot:

panshrmu
03-10-2012, 10:46 AM
just finished L1/D3 and had a 25 min walk earlier......i am doing fine except for push ups and one other as my upper body strength has always been lacking!! I will do one more day then rest since the 12th is my birthday...... hopefully I can stick with this like walking.....i have walked 20-30 min a day since 2/25 only missing three days.....so looking forward to getting a schedule going....

not that i am looking for results (guessing 2 weeks), but when did you start seeing them or when do most start seeing them?

DrivenByAmbition
03-10-2012, 11:03 AM
I'm thinking about beginning this, but feeling a little unsure. Since I still have about 36 lbs to lose, should I lose about 10 more and then begin?

umimar
03-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Good morning everybody! L2D6 here.
Glad to see you back, Sparx!
Panshrmu, I think what you should do is measure yourself before you start, so you can see results other than the pounds. For me, I think it's more noticeable in inches than in pounds. So far I have probably lost around 5 pounds but I can tell my body is starting to be a little bit more toned (let's be realistic, this dvd won't operate miracles, and in a month you cannot undo what you have being "diligently" working on for years, at least in my case :P).

I think the key is perseverance and the whole point of a 30 day regime, at least to me, is to jump start the exercise routine so you can continue it forever, maybe not at this intensity, but definitely something on a regular basis.

Drivenbyambition, I started it weighing 195lb. :P the only thing I had been previously doing was walking on a regular basis, around my apartment complex. Then, I started the Walk Away the Pounds (Leslie Sansone, there's a forum for that too) and I decided to combine it with this after reading reviews and comments here. I am glad I did. Walking is not enough for me, I need to add the circuit training or the body gets used to it.

I am not an expert (I am light years away :P) but I really feel proud of myself for sticking to it (I loathe exercise) I am very happy to having found this forum where people like me struggle and succeed :) that keeps me going.

Thanks everybody!

berry80
03-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Hi everybody! I'm new here. I was unsure of doing this challenge because the 30 days without rest days, but I love this workout and I finally decided to follow this program 5 days a week for 6 week :carrot:
I started yesterday, so today is my L1D2, I'm very happy and I hope to get to the end :D

novangel
03-10-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm still at it although I am gaining weight. I'm not eating more, just gaining. I pray it's just water weight I keep reading about when it comes to noobs and strength training. This is the highest my scale has read in over 5years! :yikes: I'm not too worried but it's a little scary.

Off to do Jillian again in a few. I hope these numbers start to go down soon. :(

Sparx
03-11-2012, 08:31 AM
Level 2 day 7 done :carrot:
Well done everyone, keep shredding!! :D

panshrmu
03-11-2012, 08:51 AM
just finished day 4 level 1....followed by 30min walk....was able to hit 2miles at 30 min (was a bit of a race the last few seconds!!LOL!) my goal!!

i will say that my knee, like the left knee, the left side has been having a sharp pain.....it gets better and comes and goes, but like tonight i was walkind down stairs and it was just a sharp pain that like shoots up....seriously hope nothing is wrong and a day of rest helps............i am just getting on a roll and a habit!!

hotHealthy4life
03-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Hello ladies!
I am also doing 30DS, started just yesterday though! I've started 30ds many times before but never stuck with it till the end, hopefully this time I will, but I'm not planning of doing only 30ds as my only workout, plus I take 2 rest days a week, so I guess it will take me 5-6 weeks to finish, but I am determined to do it!

Good luck to everyone hope we all have a good loss when we're done! :)

umimar
03-11-2012, 11:16 PM
L2D7 here, and sweated like a champ :P

nascar316
03-12-2012, 12:12 AM
Level 1 day 5 i have to say i feel great!! I had so much energy today!! Tomorrow is my weigh in. Im excited and nervous. But the increased energy level has made it worth it :)

novangel
03-12-2012, 12:32 AM
I'm around day 15 or so but still on level 1. I'm getting close to moving up to level 2 any day now. It's getting easier.

novangel
03-12-2012, 12:38 AM
What are you guys using for hand weights? The DVD recommends 3p but I bought 5p weights per customer reviews on Amazon. I'm glad I did, I don't think 3p would've done much for me.

The scale went up a few pounds but my size has gone down so I'm trying not to worry. I hate the numbers. :club:

berry80
03-12-2012, 05:19 AM
You're doing great girls!
I'm using 1kg weights (2,2 pounds I think, but not sure) and for me is ok.
Novangel.. yes the scale is misleading when you're doing exercise ;)

L1D3 here :D

panshrmu
03-12-2012, 07:50 AM
today is my rest day, but as for weights, I didn't realize they say use 5lbs? I have been using 6lbs....all except for the side lunge and arm lifts.....I just can't!! I don't use weights then and it STILL burns!!!

Oh, don't know if this is a no no or not,but I have adjusted the pushups....it just is too much on my knees, so I do wall push ups....and it still burns!!! but I can keep up and not mess my knees up.....

how long have most of you stayed on a level? tomorrow is to be D5/L1 for me....and I am keeping up pretty good, sweating like crazy, but keeping up.....just curious as to how long most stay on level 1

nascar316
03-12-2012, 12:42 PM
L1 D6 finished!!!! Weighed today and down 5 lbs. I know most of this is water weight but I don't care I'm happy to see the scale going down. I only use 3 lb weights right now. It's good for me although this morning there were a couple exercises I thought I should up the weight since it's getting easier. I'm going to do 10 days at each level and be done in 30 days. If I don't, I'm afraid I'll get too bored and quit...I have a short attention span LOL and I'm already getting antsy. I think I want to try Slim in Six next.
I'm very thankful for being able to post here and stay accountable. I give up too easy and this has truly been the boost I need. I know it's only been a week, but that is a huge goal for me. Thank you to everyone on here!!!! Have a great day!!

Sparx
03-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Level 2 day 8 done, 3 1/2 lbs gone this week, over half way to goal... i can do this!!!
Good work everyone :D

nascar316
03-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Sparx thats fantastic!! Great job!!

VioletBee
03-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Hello Ladies!!
I'm so proud of all of our efforts, including my own. I stated the program last week and will be jumping to level two on Tuesday. How's everyone doing it, are you enjoying it? What do you dislike? I hate lunges (or whatever the move is on LV1 where you lunge to the left/right and lift your weights at eye level) !! LOL

berry80
03-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Hello Ladies!!
I'm so proud of all of our efforts, including my own. I stated the program last week and will be jumping to level two on Tuesday. How's everyone doing it, are you enjoying it? What do you dislike? I hate lunges (or whatever the move is on LV1 where you lunge to the left/right and lift your weights at eye level) !! LOL
I hate the cardio :dizzy:

novangel
03-12-2012, 10:04 PM
DVD says to use 3p, the Amazon customer reviews said to use 5p (they said 3p is too easy) so that's what I bought.

Jillian done tonight...I don't know what day I'm on but it's in the teens and I'm still on level 1. I am in no hurry to move up to level 2 but it's nearing.

I hate "squat and press" the most for some reason. Kills me but I know it's working my butt. :D

Sparx, you're my hero. You are on fire, girl! Do you modify or do you make it through??

VioletBee
03-13-2012, 12:00 AM
I just finished Day 9 in my Level One set. Today I switched from 3lb to 5lb weights, and boy did I feel a difference! My arms are burning right now!!

umimar
03-13-2012, 01:31 AM
L2D8 here. It's TOM here, so I feel like a walking water reservoir here :P at least I'm not gaining weight :P

berry80
03-13-2012, 06:58 AM
L1D4 done today :)

nascar316
03-13-2012, 01:12 PM
L1D7 finished. I started it late for me today but that's ok. I also turned on pandora radio today to 80's station and turned down Jillian as I heard suggested and it made a huge difference for me. I found myself losing track of time instead of focusing on how much longer especially for cardio. Am definitely going to continue with that!! Since the weather is so nice here, I'd like to try getting in a walk today. I will be honest, I feel like I need more of a workout than the 20 minutes but I'm feeling too lazy to get it done :( Trying to make myself suck it up and just do it isn't cutting it LOL But if I want to see that scale move, going to have to.

Sparx
03-13-2012, 05:15 PM
Hi everyone level 2 day 9 done!!
Novoangel ha!!! Not sure about on fire but I'm hanging in there, i manage to make it through level 2 without many modifications, however I don't go as deep into the lunges as Natalie! And whilst they are still smiling i am gasping for breath and dripping wet, deffo not a glamourous look for me :D

novangel
03-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Good for you! I'm envious. :)

Jillian done tonight...I feel like I need a break tomorrow after several days in a row but I am going for a long walk outside. I'm burned out!

See everyone again soon. :wave:

panshrmu
03-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Hello Ladies!!

I do those without weights as by that time, I can hardly move!!LOL! and without weights it STILL KILLS!!

panshrmu
03-14-2012, 12:03 AM
last night completed D5/L1 and 2mile walk (in 32 min....my goal that I have hit once is 30min!).

I modify the pushups, I do wall pushups and that has helped alot. At our center, our office is on the 3rd floor, so I really need to get a pedometer to count my steps as we take turns going downstairs to answer the door, get the mail, etc....so needless to say, my lower body strenght is GREAT!!, just those arms and back........

I have been having a knee issue, after my rest on Monday, it felt better but seems tight and a pain shoots up sometimes, though during my walk it is not as bad (jumping jacks don't help any!)

Let's go girls!!!

umimar
03-14-2012, 01:02 AM
Hi everybody, I took a break from 30DS today, did walking though. I'll try to get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow and do another day since I have a never-ending day ahead of me... we'll see

Hey Sparx, what are you gonna do after you finish this DVD? the ripped one?

Sparx
03-14-2012, 07:10 AM
Level 2 day 10 done!!! Not looking forward to level 3 :dizzy: can i just say thanks to everyone posting it keeps me going reading all our achievements!!
Umimar yes I think I will try ripped in 30 next are you in?? :D

Good work everyone keep shredding :carrot:

berry80
03-14-2012, 08:54 AM
L1d5 :)

novangel
03-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Sparx is on a mission like I have never seen before, she must be in her 20's. ;) She could run circles around me that's for sure. lol Keep going, Sparx! :carrot:

I'm going for a long walk outside today the weather is awesome. Back to Jillian tomorrow. :strong:

nascar316
03-14-2012, 01:26 PM
L1D8 finished today. Didn't get my walk last night but I did play wiffle ball (sp?) with my kids. That's something I haven't had the energy for in a while :) Tonight is bunco and I'm terrified of my calorie intake. The temptation is going to kill me.

berry80
03-15-2012, 04:50 AM
L1D6 Done! :D

Sparx
03-15-2012, 07:02 AM
Level 3 day one done.... truth I struggled and modified lots of moves today :dizzy:.... ha ha ha novoangel I turned 40 in january which is when I knew it was time to get a grip :D I am a nurse and often work long days so this workout is ideal as I can always find time... and on the plus side my boss sent me off to the linen room for new uniforms as mine were far far too baggy... two sizes down woooo hoooo :carrot:

panshrmu
03-15-2012, 12:12 PM
day7/level 1 complete

normally do 30DS then walk 30min......today was opposite and man was the dvd hard!!!

novangel
03-15-2012, 06:02 PM
Anyone have any clue about how many calories are burned during level 1 or level 2? I'm trying to keep track of food/exercise online. ;)

novangel
03-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Nevermind I figured it out. At 150p range it's 167 calories per 20 minute session. That doesn't seem like very much. :?:

Anyone wear a monitor during?

KatieAlyse
03-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Soooo I'm a little late on this but I started today. I haven't done this dvd in about a year and my goodness it kicked my rear! I really hope by being on here gives me enough support to actually finish it this time. And I've Never gotten to level 2...

umimar
03-16-2012, 01:23 AM
I have had two crazy days at work here :P no time = energy for dvd :( working 12+ hours two days in a row not a good thing here, and tomorrow doesn't look much better (field trip to the art museum :P) oh well, at least I am not gaining any weight (so far :P) Positive thoughts, positives thoughts...

panshrmu
03-16-2012, 04:43 AM
Nevermind I figured it out. At 150p range it's 167 calories per 20 minute session. That doesn't seem like very much. :?:

Anyone wear a monitor during?

others have said to label as circuit training on myfitnesspal....but that shows like 200+ calories burned......if the heart rate is at 150p.....wow!! I have bradycardia, which low heart rate.....normal heart rate is averaged at 46!!! so I doubt I get up to 150p.....ahhhhhh.....

berry80
03-16-2012, 06:57 AM
L1D7 complete! :)

nascar316
03-16-2012, 02:05 PM
I didn't log in yesterday but I did workout. Now with today finished, I'm starting Level 2 on Sunday. The scale hasn't moved this week but I expected that with last week being 5 lb loss. I will say this though, 10 days and I've learned sooo much. 1. I am fat and I am unhealthy. I say this because when I started I think I had myself in some serious denial about the unhealthy part. I was confident I was fat and healthy. I'm ok with this as I'm on day 10 of changing it. 2. Fat hurts. It hurts my fat to work out which I'm using as a motivation to keep going. This is my punishment for letting this happen AGAIN. BUT, it is also my reward. 3. I can do this. When I did Level 1 Day 1 I was positive there was no way I was going to make it through. I was going to die of a heartattack (see #1 with reality check LOL). My fat was going to explode from my body in retaliation for this workout. I just finished my day 10 L1 and I really feel great. I'm now 'not complete' without that rush at the end of my workout. I'm stronger than I thought I was. And daggonit, I can do pushups!!!
Sorry this was so lengthy but I'm really happy right now. And I know, without a doubt, without checking in here every day, I would have never made it through those first four days. Thank you for this thread and everyone who checks in here!!!!! I'm on my way!!!

novangel
03-16-2012, 11:13 PM
others have said to label as circuit training on myfitnesspal....but that shows like 200+ calories burned......if the heart rate is at 150p.....wow!!

During Jillian it gets up to about 172bpm...so maybe I'm burning more than Live Strong claims. ;)

Nothing tonight I had a funeral. Jillian tomorrow for sure.

Tonyia
03-17-2012, 12:54 AM
I am late jumping in on this thread. I started 30 D shred 2 days ago but ended up having a terrible stomach bug the past 2 days so I am starting over either this weekend or on Monday. It def. kicks my butt, I first started this DVD 2 yrs ago and back then I was extremely out of shape and 170lbs almost, I thought I was going to die the first time.

When I put it back in the other day I thought to myself "I guess I am asking for punishment" and to be honest it wasn't as bad as I had remembered. Maybe that is a good sign.

Sparx
03-17-2012, 12:01 PM
Hi everyone level 3 day 2 done today, had a rest day yesterday :carrot:

umimar
03-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Hi everybody, I am finally back after a week from **** here! L2D8 done. The good news is that I lost almost 4 lb. this week. I think the stress had something to do with it, and TOM is almost gone :P
Anyway, hopefully I'm back into this routine, which seems to be helping a lot (together with counting calories).
Sparx, I ordered the 30D Ripped dvd, so I can do it after I am done with this one, although I am still 12 days away from completing it. Almost there! :)

umimar
03-17-2012, 06:09 PM
Correction, it was L2D9 :P

novangel
03-18-2012, 01:42 AM
Jillian done. I'm still hanging on to level 1 for dear life. :lol: TOM is due in a few days and as soon as it's is over with I am going to level 2. I feel like I am ready.

Scale is starting to move! :carrot:

umimar
03-18-2012, 01:32 PM
L2D10 here, tomorrow to L3! :P

Sparx
03-18-2012, 06:05 PM
Level 3 day 3 done!! :carrot: keep going everyone :D

novangel
03-18-2012, 10:02 PM
Just logged my dinner on Myfitnesspal :yikes: going to go work out now!!

berry80
03-19-2012, 11:04 AM
L1D8 done! ;)

umimar
03-19-2012, 02:11 PM
L3D1 here, it didn't go that great for me, I didn't know what to do (I should have looked at it first) and I am not too excited about plyometrics (still trying to figure out what the heck that is :P) all the jumping, not a big fan of it. Oh well, still doing it :P
How is everybody doing today?

novangel
03-19-2012, 09:52 PM
L2D1 :tired:

Tonyia
03-19-2012, 11:08 PM
I'm on L1D3, I feel so behind you guys.:no:

bt2155
03-19-2012, 11:37 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm on Level 1, Day 4. Still need to do my workout tonight, but dreading it a little bit! I know I'll feel better when it's done, so I guess I should get my butt moving!

I will say, I've only done it a few times so far and I'm seeing more results over the three days of working out with Julianne then I have in weeks! Loving it the results and looking forward to the end result!

berry80
03-20-2012, 04:27 AM
L1D9 done!

nascar316
03-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Had to take couple days off for illness but finished L2D2. Hoping this starts the scale moving again.

bt2155
03-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Just finished my L1D5. I'm also in Weight Watchers and had my weigh in for this last week and am down 2.8 lbs!! Yay!

meltaway
03-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Hi all! I'm doing the thirty Day shred, too, just not following any of the rules I guess. Lol. Meaning I do levels 3 and 2 whenever I feel like it (I workout everyday except Sundays) I actually started the DVDs a few weeks ago, and intended to do it they way it's meant to, but I got bored fast. So now I'm mixing it in with P90X and HIIT training (Body Rock TV etc)

umimar
03-20-2012, 10:48 PM
L3D2 here, I feel like a kangaroo with all the jumping!

Tonyia
03-20-2012, 11:55 PM
L1D4 down! Is it insane that I love the butt kicks? I almost want to just take off running LOL

berry80
03-21-2012, 11:04 AM
L1D10 done! Tomorrow Level 2!!!!!

BekiCT
03-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Day 1 of Level 1 for me. Did it this morning and nearly died. The last circuit of abs, I just lay on the floor as it was so comfy. However, I got through it all. Proud of myself. Tomorrow I will do it again. I really like it because with Jillian, even though it's on DVD, you don't want to disappoint her.

Or yourself, of course. :D

Sparx
03-21-2012, 06:38 PM
2 days off as I have been unwell back to it tomorrow!!!!

bt2155
03-22-2012, 12:26 AM
L1D6 done! Even with a day of yardwork and Volleyball!! Didn't want to do it, but sooo glad I did!

Good job everyone else! I think we should post our weight loss on L3D10. Thoughts?

umimar
03-22-2012, 12:57 AM
L3D3 here.

berry80
03-22-2012, 03:21 AM
Just finished L2D1.... It's hard!! :dizzy:

nascar316
03-22-2012, 01:05 PM
L2D4 done i added a bike ride today and really enjoyed that i got jillian and 2.2 mikes done all in about 45 minutes.

Sparx
03-22-2012, 01:36 PM
Level 3 day 4 done :carrot:

BekiCT
03-22-2012, 07:20 PM
L1D2 today. I hurt so much. My thighs and my abs are crazy painful. :S Day off tomorrow. L1D3 on Saturday.

umimar
03-22-2012, 11:32 PM
L3D4 here

novangel
03-23-2012, 12:56 AM
Hey all, I haven't checked into this thread for a few days but I'm still at it. Level 2 about killed me and TOM is on it's way so it's back to level 1 until I feel up to it again. TOM makes me very fatigued.

I'll check in a again in a few days, I post mostly in another forum. Good luck everyone!

Sparx
03-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Level 3 day 5 done!! :carrot:

berry80
03-23-2012, 01:44 PM
L2D2!!! I do it in the afternoon.. much better!!! :)

BekiCT
03-23-2012, 08:00 PM
Today was day off anyway but I'm full of a cold. Really need to do it tomorrow, but I don't know if I'll be able to :(

umimar
03-24-2012, 12:14 AM
Took a break today, walked instead.

umimar
03-24-2012, 01:55 PM
L3D5 here

Elliemar
03-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Possibly silly question here, but i figured you ladies were the right ones to ask.

I badly need to do exercises to tone up my arms and stomach areas (legs are ok as I do tons of walking) and wondered if it's worth me buying this 30 day shred dvd. I heard of it but not sure what it's about.

TY in advance :)

umimar
03-24-2012, 05:53 PM
Ellimar, you can preview the first circuit on youtube. It has 3 circuits, each of them with 3 min strength, 2 min cardio and 1 min abs. You're working with weights (I use 3 lb. some people go to 5lb. up to you) and it definitely works your arms. I've been doing it for almost a month (there are three levels of intensity, and they suggest spending about 10 days per level) I am currently on L3D5, so I have 5 more days to complete a 30 day rotation. I can see a change in my arms (they are more toned) and my belly area (leaner) I think you won't see miracles in a month. To me, I am now in a point where I start seeing some changes in my body, but I know I have a long way to go. So far, I have lost about 11 lb. and I can tell a difference in my clothes. Also, I am trying to add more cardio through walking, and I am counting my calories (no higher than 1500). I hope this can help. :)

Sparx
03-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Level 3 day 6 done :carrot:

umimar
03-25-2012, 09:41 PM
L3D6 here. Took me a lot of will power to start it, but I did it :P

berry80
03-26-2012, 02:34 AM
L2D3 done :)

BekiCT
03-26-2012, 01:14 PM
So frustrated. Managed to do two days, then got a cold and subsequently suffering from bronchitis. :( Can't wait to get back to the DVD. Right now my lungs sound like a 50 a day smokers!

blondy505
03-26-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm so happy that i found more of you who are doing these exercise. I started today and I literally died . :dizzy: It was so hard! How did you manage to do this? Is it going to be easier after a while? :D

nascar316
03-26-2012, 03:32 PM
I thought i was dying at the beginning. On day 2 everything hurt so bad i didnt want to move but i kept going. It does get easier but still hurts but im down 7 lbs so thats my motivation. Finished level 2 day 6 today. I have slim in 6 to start as soon as this is done. Im really excited to start that. My knees are hurting really bad on level 2 so im hoping level 3 will be easier :)

umimar
03-26-2012, 09:26 PM
L3D7 here

bt2155
03-27-2012, 02:05 AM
It really is no excuse, however I was gone for a few days (my boyfriend is a girls basketball coach and we won state for the second year in a row!!!! Yay!!!!) so I just finished L1D7.

Really wishing I wouldn't have missed a few days because I can feel my body trying to readjust back to working out but I love it!!

I go and weigh in again tomorrow morning! Lets hope I'm down!

blondy505
03-27-2012, 09:42 AM
I just finished L1D2 and I'm still dying :D But it's make me happy to finally start doing something for my body. I just hope that I will not quit! :?:

berry80
03-27-2012, 11:55 AM
I just finished L1D2 and I'm still dying :D But it's make me happy to finally start doing something for my body. I just hope that I will not quit! :?:
Don't give up! You can do it ;)

Level2 Day4 here :dizzy:

DaugT
03-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Hey everyone!
Just wanted to pop in and tell you how encouraging this thread is and to see you all getting through the shred! It's really getting me motivated.
I was going to have done this for March, but guess I got overwhelmed with changing my other habits I never really took off with it. So April it is.

I am going to do this 5 days a week starting Sunday, so it will end up being a 6-week program.
I currently do Zumba once a week and take a dance class once a week. I am adding a second Zumba class to my routine starting tonight. So between 3 hour workouts a week and 5 20 min workouts a week here's hoping to get some great results. I cannot believe how different I feel already since starting this all 5 weeks and 11 pounds ago!

I have done this video in the past, but never made it past the 1st ten days/1st level. Ready to conquer it. Maybe since I have a jumpstart on working out it won't completely kill me right off, but we will see. LOL

Look forward to seeing you all on the April thread in a few days!!
Keep up the great work! :exercise:

blondy505
03-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Hey everyone!
Just wanted to pop in and tell you how encouraging this thread is and to see you all getting through the shred! It's really getting me motivated.
I was going to have done this for March, but guess I got overwhelmed with changing my other habits I never really took off with it. So April it is.

I am going to do this 5 days a week starting Sunday, so it will end up being a 6-week program.
I currently do Zumba once a week and take a dance class once a week. I am adding a second Zumba class to my routine starting tonight. So between 3 hour workouts a week and 5 20 min workouts a week here's hoping to get some great results. I cannot believe how different I feel already since starting this all 5 weeks and 11 pounds ago!

I have done this video in the past, but never made it past the 1st ten days/1st level. Ready to conquer it. Maybe since I have a jumpstart on working out it won't completely kill me right off, but we will see. LOL

Look forward to seeing you all on the April thread in a few days!!
Keep up the great work! :exercise:

I'm so happy you are joining us. :carrot:
The more of us~the bigger support we will have :)

Is Zumba hard? I heard about it but I never tried it. Maybe i should :smug:

DaugT
03-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Hey blondy! Thanks!

Hard, as in you will sweat your butt off, YES!
Hard, as in the steps, and actually doing it, NO! :)

It's been the least intimidating class I have ever taken, as far as there being women of all shapes, sizes, ages (literally from young child to grandmothers), there. You can do things at your own pace and really modify it to what you can handle as far as level of intensity and how full out you do it. The moves are simple enough that you pick them up quickly, but also involved enough that it keeps you interested... and it really is a ton of fun!!
I have a lot of dance experience in my background, but I go with a friend who has none and frequently talks about how uncoordinated and how little rhythm she has, and we both do just fine with it. So it's really for anyone. I took a relative one night for the first time and she picked right up on most of it. I have never tried the videos or wii game, but may be a good place to start if you want to try without going to a class. I seem to do better in class with a room full of people, like I don't want to be the slacker so I push myself, even though I know no one could care less about what I am doing LOL

My stamina in the 6 weeks I have been going regularly, even at only once a week, has very noticeably improved and you burn a ton of calories!

nascar316
03-27-2012, 02:27 PM
L2 D 7 finished and down another couple pounds. I'm only changing my ticker once a week on Monday, my weigh in day and already can't wait til next Monday. Yay!!!

Sparx
03-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Level 3 day 7 :carrot:

umimar
03-27-2012, 09:20 PM
L3D8 here

bt2155
03-28-2012, 12:05 AM
L1D8 Done!!!

blondy505
03-28-2012, 06:58 AM
Hey blondy! Thanks!

Hard, as in you will sweat your butt off, YES!
Hard, as in the steps, and actually doing it, NO! :)

It's been the least intimidating class I have ever taken, as far as there being women of all shapes, sizes, ages (literally from young child to grandmothers), there. You can do things at your own pace and really modify it to what you can handle as far as level of intensity and how full out you do it. The moves are simple enough that you pick them up quickly, but also involved enough that it keeps you interested... and it really is a ton of fun!!
I have a lot of dance experience in my background, but I go with a friend who has none and frequently talks about how uncoordinated and how little rhythm she has, and we both do just fine with it. So it's really for anyone. I took a relative one night for the first time and she picked right up on most of it. I have never tried the videos or wii game, but may be a good place to start if you want to try without going to a class. I seem to do better in class with a room full of people, like I don't want to be the slacker so I push myself, even though I know no one could care less about what I am doing LOL

My stamina in the 6 weeks I have been going regularly, even at only once a week, has very noticeably improved and you burn a ton of calories!

Thank you so much. I will try it. It seams fun :)

L1D3 done. And I'm still dying! My body is in such pain, but i can handle it! :woohoo:

berry80
03-28-2012, 03:12 PM
L3D8 here
Wow! You're almost there!!!! How do you feel? :D

Level2 Day5 here today :dizzy:

bt2155
03-28-2012, 06:46 PM
L1D9 Done!! One day left until Level 2!! Nervous and excited!

tlbrwn
03-28-2012, 07:12 PM
I have a question for you ladies that have been consistently doing this workout for a month or more. Have you noticed that you are losing more inches than you are pounds doing it? I have heard some people say that is what happens with this workout. I know that losing either is great progress, but I am such a total victim to the number on the scale that sometimes I don't allow myself to notice that my clothes are fitting better. I thought that I might not start doing it daily until I got closer to my goal weight. I have been doing it about twice a week and then 3 times a week I am doing C25K, which I love. Just interested in thoughts or opinions as I am considering buying some of her other workouts to mix things up a little.

umimar
03-29-2012, 12:12 AM
L3D9 here. I am almost done with the video, according to their rotation suggestion. I am satisfied with it. I must say it's intense but I have noticed a great improvement, not only pounds/inches wise, but also my endurance and stamina. I will weigh myself this weekend and measurements too (I do measurements every two weeks) then, I will post my final results. But so far, so good. For me, it's not only the weight loss (which is great, don't get me wrong) but also the satisfaction of having stuck to it and complete it, knowing it's hard cord (at least for me). In the beginning, I couldn't do squat :P but now I feel much better (even if I still have to do some modifications in level 3). I highly recommend it. (Sorry about the novel!!! I hope this helps)

Sparx
03-29-2012, 03:34 AM
Level 3 day 8 done :carrot:

blondy505
03-29-2012, 09:43 AM
L1D4 :carrot:
I feel so good :D

jezzie1075
03-29-2012, 04:59 PM
I just started Day 1 today...Hopefully tomorrow will be good!

bt2155
03-29-2012, 05:17 PM
L1D10 done! On to L2 tomorrow!!

novangel
03-29-2012, 07:48 PM
I noticed with this program the scale doesnt seem to budge but I decrease in size. Whatever...I'll take it but I do get frustrated with the numbers.

umimar
03-29-2012, 10:04 PM
L3D10 and 30 day video complete! I started on Feb. 21 and took me 5 weeks to complete it. I have been able to do some moves without modifications, but some I still have to modify them. It's been a good experience. I have lost about 10lb. and I think I have gained some muscle here (I can see definition in my arms and my legs look skinnier for that I have :P) I'll post my measurement results on Sunday, when it's my time to do it. Overall, I am super happy I finished it :) I was committed. Now I am going to try Ripped in 30, which I have read is even harder than this. Is anybody interested in doing it with me? Let me know.

berry80
03-30-2012, 05:15 AM
Congratulations umimar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot::hug:
L2D6 here, yesterday I take an extra day of rest (I'm really tired in these days :( )

Elliemar
03-30-2012, 06:16 AM
Ellimar, you can preview the first circuit on youtube. It has 3 circuits, each of them with 3 min strength, 2 min cardio and 1 min abs. You're working with weights (I use 3 lb. some people go to 5lb. up to you) and it definitely works your arms. I've been doing it for almost a month (there are three levels of intensity, and they suggest spending about 10 days per level) I am currently on L3D5, so I have 5 more days to complete a 30 day rotation. I can see a change in my arms (they are more toned) and my belly area (leaner) I think you won't see miracles in a month. To me, I am now in a point where I start seeing some changes in my body, but I know I have a long way to go. So far, I have lost about 11 lb. and I can tell a difference in my clothes. Also, I am trying to add more cardio through walking, and I am counting my calories (no higher than 1500). I hope this can help. :)

Thx very much, Umimar. :) Not expecting fast results - I know it takes time - but just need to find a good place to start. I'll go to Youtube and take it from there.

Thanks again! :)

bt2155
03-30-2012, 11:03 AM
L2D1 Finished! I don't know how but my body is still sweating after completing the dvd 5 minutes ago! Amazing!

nascar316
03-30-2012, 05:19 PM
L2 d9 finished

Sparx
03-30-2012, 06:48 PM
First i gotta say ..... yay well done umimar :D excellent work you should be so proud of yourself, thanks for keeping me going through this challenge :carrot:

Level 3 day 9 done :carrot:

umimar
03-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Thanks!!! I feel good and proud of myself :) I am taking today off. I'll start ripped in 30 hopefully this weekend :) (hopefully) lol You can do it, girls!!!!

umimar
03-31-2012, 12:54 PM
Ok, I tried Ripped in 30 for the first time this morning. Way more intense than 30DS. It's a great workout. It's a tad longer than 30DS (longer warm up and cool down). I could do some moves without modifications but others, NOPE. I wear a HRM while doing it, with 30DS I usually burn 185 cal and with RI30 I burned today 237 cal. (around 28min for 30Ds and around 33min for RI30). I've read level 1 (which is week one) is not too bad compared to level 2 (2nd week) I might have to stay 2 weeks per level, as some people suggested when I read the reviews...
How is everybody doing this morning?

bt2155
03-31-2012, 03:37 PM
I just completed L2D2 and I'm feeling great! Thanks for the advice Umimar on RI30! Thats the next program I'm looking at doing!

bt2155
04-01-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm guessing that the April one will be started today, however I just completed L2D3!! Glad to be this far into it!

blondy505
04-01-2012, 11:33 AM
L1D7 :carrot: Today it was so hard, I don't know why but it was so so hard. :(

novangel
04-01-2012, 08:07 PM
I spent 30 days on level 1 but lost major inches! On to level 2! Obviously this is going to be more like a 60-90 day program for me but I don't care because it's working. ;)

Happy April, everyone. :)

umimar
04-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Ok, I finally did my measurements today. First time I measured was Feb. 19, and I started the 30DS on Feb 21. Hips 48 in. (huge hips here), waist 36 in. Today, April 1 (I finished the 30 DS on March 29) Hips 45 in., waist 33.4. I lost 11 lb. I am very happy with the result :) I also added some extra cardio (walk away the pounds) and counted calories (no more than 1500). Now I am doing Ripped in 30. Today I did L1D2.

For those of you that doing the 30DS, keep it up, cause it works :)

nascar316
04-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Level 3 Day 1 finished...almost completed yay!!
Umimar, that is fantastic results! Congrats to you!

Sparx
04-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Hi all completed 30 day shred yesterday, i took longer than 30 days with a few rest days in between, I have lost 14lbs and definitely inches though i didn't measure myself before I started. This dvd definitely worked for me :D

umimar
04-02-2012, 11:31 PM
Great job, Sparx. Wanna join me for Ripped in 30? I did L1D3 today.

nascar316
04-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Level 3 Day 2 finished!!

Angelsmom
04-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Hi everyone, I'm going to start 30 day shred and was wondering if any of you got good results doing just level one for 30 days? Also if you add any other programs or alternate between any? I have about 8 weeks left for vacation and I want to look my best :D
So any advice on the fastest way to achieve that is appreciated!
Good luck to all :carrot:

berry80
04-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Just finished L2D10!!
Monday I begin level 3!!!

Vanille
04-17-2012, 03:24 PM
L1D2. I thought today would be impossible since I was sore from yesterday. I was surprised that I worked harder. Nice surprise.