Old 03-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #1  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Default Signs you may be heading off the wagon

Hi All,

I wanted to start this thread to see if we can come up with a lot of signs that we are heading into trouble with this diet. My hope is that we can recognize these signs and catch them before acting on an impulse we will soon regret. One of the hardest things to read about is how bad people feel when they cheat. They might feel good momentarily at the time but soon after feel very guilty. And I can only imagine how crappy it feels to re-enter ketosis.

So, I will start. Maybe we can have some fun with it. Get creative. Share your thoughts.

You might be getting ready to fall off the wagon if you...
Stop using your journal or hate logging everything in it. Or like me, resorted to some kind of undecipherable scribble.

Think you will float away if you drink one more glass of water.

If you remember taking your supplements sometime, the other day or when did I last take them?

Make the "cake"like recipes on this site and determine a real piece of cake is worth it. But, is it?

I hope this helps and I hope we can get a good laugh out of this. These are not great suggestions but I am sure you all can come up with some good ones.

purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: High-258/224.5/135

Height: 5' 4"

You might be getting ready to fall off the wagon if...You start to justify "little slips"...
-licking off plan food from your fingers
-adding something with only couple grams of carbs or fat to your coffee
-cooking your onions
-drinking diet soda
JoesHotWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #3  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

You might be getting ready to fall off the wagon if...

- You move your weigh in date out a day or two to hide a cheat day
bethanym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #4  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

LOL! These are funny.

If your coach makes a comment about your low weight loss and all you hear is "less than average", "less than average" and you come home and try to figure out just how many restricted you are going to shove down your throat. Should I have the pancakes? Then, what will I have after that? (this was me. WI#1)
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #5  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

You might be gettting ready to fall off the wagon if...

*You really start to think maybe you were happier before because at least you got to eat McDonald's/cake/hotdogs/etc (C'mon, you know you weren't happier before!)

*You start to feel resentful towards IP, rather than thankful.

*You contemplate coming home after work with a pizza and a case of beer. Because the beer would make you feel better about the pizza.

Great thread purplesky, thanks for creating it. These are some of the irrational thoughts that have gone through my mind! Re-started my food journal today!

Last edited by tenniels; 03-03-2012 at 05:36 PM.
tenniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 191.4/141.2/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
LOL! These are funny.

If your coach makes a comment about your low weight loss and all you hear is "less than average", "less than average" and you come home and try to figure out just how many restricted you are going to shove down your throat. Should I have the pancakes? Then, what will I have after that? (this was me. WI#1)
You would think being a "coach" they would choose their words better. The first time my coach said "less than average" I seriously teared up. Then driving home I was angry that I could be above average at everything except weight loss. When I finally calmed down I realized "less than average" was still better than gaining almost on a daily basis like I was before I started IP.
socalgirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/162/140

Height: 5'1"

Your coach accuses you of cheating and you know you have stayed OP! My first coach used to do this to me and she wouldn't even listen to what you had to say, I quit a couple of years ago because of it!!
pegv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

.... you finish your restricted and think..that tastes like one more would hit the spot...

Fortunately the price restricts the restricted as much as the results of "one more".

Last edited by patns; 03-05-2012 at 12:24 AM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #9  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniels View Post
*You contemplate coming home after work with a pizza and a case of beer. Because the beer would make you feel better about the pizza.
So true!!!
bethanym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #10  

Height: 5'0"

You might be getting ready to fall off the wagon if you had a terrific weigh in and then feel you "deserve" a break from being OP.

Last edited by shelly ann; 03-03-2012 at 05:51 PM.
shelly ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegv View Post
Your coach accuses you of cheating and you know you have stayed OP! My first coach used to do this to me and she wouldn't even listen to what you had to say, I quit a couple of years ago because of it!!
The exact same thing happened to me. I was 100% compliant and the coach would literally yell at me at the top of her lungs that I was cheating and that they were going to "fire" me from the program. She yelled for 20 minutes once - going in to a long explanation that I probably needed some mental help - because she had just started seeing a therapist for the first time in her life and now she was a convert - and then when she had me good and angry - she took my blood pressure and then started yelling that if I didn't try harder on the diet - I was going to have a STROKE!. I left there shaking and crying. She was a horror. I left her a few months later and I wish I hadn't tried to go on my own. It didn't work. But at the time - I thought anything was better than her.
esammy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 167/135/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
The exact same thing happened to me. I was 100% compliant and the coach would literally yell at me at the top of her lungs that I was cheating and that they were going to "fire" me from the program. She yelled for 20 minutes once - going in to a long explanation that I probably needed some mental help - because she had just started seeing a therapist for the first time in her life and now she was a convert - and then when she had me good and angry - she took my blood pressure and then started yelling that if I didn't try harder on the diet - I was going to have a STROKE!. I left there shaking and crying. She was a horror. I left her a few months later and I wish I hadn't tried to go on my own. It didn't work. But at the time - I thought anything was better than her.
I would have slapped her silly and quit her ON THE SPOT. No One has the right to do that to anyone else!! If you can't encourage and support someone, then you have no business being a coach. It is entirely possible to help someone be accountable AND encourage and support them at the same time. Kindness can go a heckuva long way, and belittling someone is NEVER the way. We do enough of that to ourselves. I am sorry that it did not go well for you on your own, but you were right -- anything was better than her. I think you would have ended up feeling worse about yourself than ever. This just steams me.

Last edited by Survalia; 03-03-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Survalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Love this thread! I think I have been in most of these positions except bad coaching.
rubyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #14  
Started IP 10/13/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalgirl83 View Post
You would think being a "coach" they would choose their words better. The first time my coach said "less than average" I seriously teared up. Then driving home I was angry that I could be above average at everything except weight loss. When I finally calmed down I realized "less than average" was still better than gaining almost on a daily basis like I was before I started IP.
My coach has also said that to me. 47 lbs in 16 weeks.... to me that is super - would never have those results on any other program. - so remember that!
idealpromom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #15  
Started IP 10/13/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly ann View Post
You might be getting ready to fall off the wagon if you had a terrific weigh in and then feel you "deserve" a break from being OP.
YES!!! rewarding with food........ that is why we are all here in the first place!
idealpromom is offline   Reply With Quote