Exercise! - Tried the WATP video....also have a ?

KnCmamma
03-05-2003, 11:25 PM
Well I went to the library yesterday to see if I could borrow the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds video. I was looking to get the 1 mile one however all they had was the 2 mile one, so I took it anyhow. Well I tried it today and I got half way through...so I made it to the 1 mile.

Now my question is....Is doing 1 mile of the 2 mile or 3 mile tape the same as doing the 1mile tape?

I am wondering because I want to go out and buy the tape but I don't know if I should buy 1, 2, or 3.

bandit2
03-06-2003, 05:29 PM
I also need the answer to your question. I went to buy the video & the store only had 2 mile & 3 mile. So I hope someone can help us out.

Bye for now.

madtypist
03-06-2003, 07:24 PM
I do these tapes everyday. I started out with the 1 mile tape and found that after a very short time I needed to move on.

The one mile tape is not as intense as the 2 mile. I just did the 3 mile today and it is more intense than the 2 mile.

If you found that you did 1 mile from the 2 mile tape and you did it with ease then I would forget about the 1 mile tape and buy the 2 mile tape. I have been doing the 2 mile tape for a couple of months now and it is a good quick workout, however I do not use the weighted balls on any of these tapes yet. I am going to work up to that slowly.

Today was the first time that I did the 3 mile tape and it is a lot quicker and more intense than the 2 mile tape. I am glad that I took some time to get used to the pace of the 2 mile tape before I started the 3 mile tape. Wow I hope you can understand this..:dizzy: and that this was helpful to you.

Suzanne

bandit2
03-07-2003, 10:46 AM
Suzanne - Thanks for the info

I guess I will go back & buy the 2 mile tape & work into it.

I really have a problem with getting exercise in - have to change my mindset of this & give it more priority in my day.

Where from Canada are you from. I live near Toronto.

Thanks again.

simplystefani
03-08-2003, 12:00 PM
Leslie says you can use the tapes how you would like in her system. If you want to only do one mile of the 2 mile video, just stop at one mile and then do the cool down. Flexibility is the key. I find that buying the 1 mile is a waste of time, because you quickly progress to the 2 mile or 3 miles. Stef ;)

Holli's Human
03-08-2003, 01:59 PM
Hi all! Saw the title here and thought I'd check in. I also was wondering the same thing about some of those questions on the diff b/t the miles. Glad to have found the answers here :-)

I bought the 2 mile about a month ago but only tried it once. I think I will give it another shot and progress to the 3. Thanks for the information!

losinginillinois
03-09-2003, 09:35 AM
I have been doing these tapes since Jan and love it! I have lost 20lbs so far! Yeah! I think it is better then just walking outside because you use your arms, weights ect... I agree that you burn out on the one mile very quickly. I like the fact that the 2 mile is only 30 min. I can do it while my kids are playing. They can handle me being busy for that long. I sometimes do it at night at work again also. Like today I had pizza last night so I want to burn some extra calories today. Its so easy you can do that! Good luck ladies and I don't think you will be disappointed in the results!
Beth
SW 200
CW 190.25
GW 125

madtypist
03-09-2003, 08:22 PM
Wow Beth you are really doing well on the walking, I feel the same way you do about the tapes being better than walking outside, you really get a good work out from the tapes. I am very happy with using them..

Today I did the 2 mile one. I am finding that I will use the 2 mile tape if I want a quick workout, and if I want a longer one I use the 3 mile tape which is about 47 mins. long. I like the 3 mile tape because it is a little more faster walk and longer work out.

Bandit2 I am from north of Toronto about 1 hour. I am sure all of you will really like the tapes if you get into the habit of doing them daily. Good Luck.

If anyone wants to check in to this post a few times a week or whatever I will keep posting my milage from the tapes here.

Suzanne

bandit2
03-10-2003, 11:19 AM
Hi everyone:

Bought the 2 mile tape & am planning on trying it Mon after w/i - I am sure I will be motivated by then since I had a few too many things to eat this week that I shouldn't have had. Missed w/i last week, a few dinners out and too many carbo snacks. Not looking forward to w/i tonight but I HAVE to go.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great week & lets post our walking results for sure.

bandit2
03-11-2003, 03:00 PM
Mon - got as far as taking the tape out of the cellophane. Goal for Tues is to use it.

madtypist
03-11-2003, 08:07 PM
Hi to everyone!!!!!

I did the 3 mile tape today and I really like the 3 mile, it is very fast right from the beginning.

Hopefully Bandit2 you were able to do the 2 mile one today.. ;) I think you will like it and will find that it is a good work out.

Suzanne

losinginillinois
03-12-2003, 11:04 AM
I did the 2 mile yesterday morning and walked outside 2 miles yesterday evening. I was suprised how out of shape I felt walking out doors. My upper back was killing me? I have been doing Leslie's since Jan. I do 4 miles several times a week. I felt like I should have been in better shape. Maybe it was the wind resistance it was in the 40's but windy.

So how do you guys want to do this posting? Do you want to post our miles everyday? I am up for anything. It seems like a lot of the other threads I am on our dying off.

Beth

bandit2
03-13-2003, 06:51 PM
Hi everyone:

I did 1 mile from the 2 mile tape this a.m. before going to work.
Thought I should start out gradually. I really liked it & easier than trying to get in walks with all the ice & snow around here.
I am taking the tape with me to my bf's tonight. He is making me dinner and I thought I would try & get him to try the tape with me.

You girls are doing so great with your exercise. Keep up the good work.

Bye for now.

suzie76
03-13-2003, 08:00 PM
Hi,

My name is Sherry, and I started doing the WATP tapes and the Leslie Sansone Miracle Mile tapes last month. It's the only exercise I've ever been able to stick with!

I also just bought three more of her tapes called Walk Away the Pounds Plus-one is a Power Mile, where the workout is much quicker and more intense, which is twenty minutes-this one uses the weighted balls. The second tape has a thirty minute two mile workout. The third tape is a ten minute toning tape, which uses the weighted balls while toning. I've done the Power Mile, and will try the toning one next. I got them from Collage video.

Anyone want to start a daily thread where we log what we've done. I need to be held accountable :)

Thanks and take care,
Sherry

I've been doing tapes for six days a week.

madtypist
03-13-2003, 08:39 PM
Hi,

I am up for posting my miles from the tapes.

Yesterday I did the 2 mile tape. What I am finding is that the 3 mile is 47 mins. long and the 2 mile is about what 30 mins long, sooooo it is hard to find 47 mins after work and before dinner to dedicate 47 mins. to exercising and get all the other stuff done.. oh well I will work on that one. What I have been doing is the 3 mile on Sat and Sun. but I really like the 3 mile tape better :dizzy: . oh well I will work it in, at least I am able to do the 2 mile daily.

When the good weather comes I will be able to get out and do my bike riding outside, plus the tapes so that will be lots of exercise.

Everyone is doing great,

Suzanne

bandit2
03-14-2003, 11:59 AM
Hi - did another mile last night & again this morning. So that makes a total of 3 miles for me since yesterday a.m.

For me, this is a good start to an exercise programme. I think if I can at least get in 1 mile (preferably 2 miles) per day it will help me alot.

Sherry - good idea for us to post our exercise results on a daily basis.

Bye for now.

bandit2
03-15-2003, 01:26 PM
Hi ladies:

Did another mile this a.m. - that makes a total of 4 miles this week so far. Great improvement for me.

How about you guys?

madtypist
03-15-2003, 07:39 PM
Hi

I did the 3 mile today and that brings my total to 8 miles for the week :D and I will do the 3 again tomorrow for sure.

Sounds like everyone is doing great.. have a great weekend.

Suzanne

losinginillinois
03-15-2003, 09:58 PM
I guess if we are talking from Sat to Sat. I did 20 miles this week! I did 4-3 times and 2-4 times. I work out at most mornings. The days I did 4 miles I walked at work also. One of my clients is trying to lose weight and it helps me if I help her. I don't usually do this much. Typically I do 4 miles only twice a week and 2 the other days. I do find though that I can cheat a little more on what I am eating. I would much rather put in that extra half an hour and eat a little more! LOL!

It helps to that I am not doing 4 miles at once. I have been reluctant to buy the 3 mile tape because I think I would be less likely to do that twice a day. I have heard the abs 2 mile is actually harder then the regular WATP??? Anyone else think that?
Beth

bandit2
03-17-2003, 12:00 AM
Hi everyone:

Did another mile this a.m. Total so far this week = 5 miles.

madtypist
03-17-2003, 08:56 PM
Hi Everyone!!!!!!!!

Wow, lots of miles being walked everyone is doing so well.

Yesterday I rode my bike, I had to get out there and enjoy the first nice day that we have had since November..;) I can't resist to go for a ride. I rode about 3 l/2 miles.

Today I was out again and did about 4 miles on my bike. The weather is getting a little cooler, so I will be back to the walking tapes tomorrow.

Have a great week.

Suzanne

suzie76
03-17-2003, 10:09 PM
Hi,

I didn't mean to have the idea for everyone to post and then not do it myself-sorry-I did one mile on Sat., two miles on Sunday, and one a 1/4 today. I went and bought new sneakers-my feet were killing me from my old ones and I couldn't finish the two mile tape. I've just worked up to the two mile.

Take care,
Sherry

KnCmamma
03-18-2003, 01:53 AM
Thanx for the info and advice everyone. I am hoping to get the 2mile tape, at least, soon. I had borrowed it from the library but had to return it as someone else had it on hold(bummer as I was going to re-borrow it)....I do have my name down for a hold on it again though(that's if I dont' get to buy it before then).

Also, do any of you get sore hips when doing these tapes? I get sore hips while doing the exercising, but am fine a bit afterward. Also for those of you that do use weights with yours, do you use the weighted balls they show in the video or do you buy regular weights like these....

http://images.canadiantire.ca/media/images/SportsRecreation/Fitness/Weights/0840300_160_SC_5f91.jpg

suzie76
03-18-2003, 08:24 AM
Hi,

I use the weighted balls. cause I bought the set of three videos that came with it. I knew I had to start with the one mile, cause I was so out of shape.

I'm sure regular hand weights would be just fine, though.

I did a one mile Power Walk tape this morning from the WATP PLUS set (bought it from collage video) I feel like I'm getting a cold, and didn't feel up to the two mile tape.

Take care,
sherry

suzie76
03-18-2003, 08:26 AM
Forgot to answer your other questions. My hips were okay. Maybe you need to lower the intensity of your knee lifts and kicks a bit. That could be what's aggravating your hips-don't lift them as high for a little and see if that helps.

I have some foot pain this morning, and now I"m scared I've hurt something...I'll see how it feels later today. I hope I don't have to stop exercising. This is the first time I've ever stuck to it.

Sherry

bandit2
03-18-2003, 10:18 AM
Hi everyone:

Did another mile this a.m. Total since starting = 7 miles.
Have been doing 1 mile from the 2 mile tape - really like it.
I also find my hips/butt a bit sore when doing the tape, so when it is time to walk I lean forward & that helps. Don't have weights but am going to buy the little ones you hang onto.

Good luck everyone.

losinginillinois
03-18-2003, 04:11 PM
Hello all!
Sounds like we are doing great! Kand C mama, I never had the problem with my hips? I think the other ladies gave you good advice.

Has anyone tried both the Walk Away for weights and the Abs one? I heard the abs are harder? I think I might like the challenge?

Someone asked about the weights. I use hand weights I already have. I think the balls are two pounds.

So far this week.
Sun 2 miles
Mon 4 miles
Tues 2 miles (so far) may do 2 more at work.

Good luck ladies!
Beth

madtypist
03-18-2003, 06:40 PM
Hi,

I just finished the 2 mile. Sometimes I can feel my hips a little sore, I find the kick backs can be a little brutal.

When I feel like that I just don't lift my legs as high and kind of take things a little less intense. I find if I do the tapes everyday my muscles feel a lot better than when I sometimes miss a day.

Hope your foot is better Sherry, maybe you were stepping to hard. I know that I am going to get a new pair of running shoes soon with all this walking they wear down fast. ;)

Have a great day.

Suzanne

suzie76
03-19-2003, 08:03 AM
Hi

Suzanne, I just bought new sneakers. I had off from work on Monday, and went shopping for them. Tuesday morning, my foot felt like it had a cramp in it, so I just did a one mile tape. All day yesterday it bothered me off and on.

Could this happen from trying to break in new shoes? It's been so long since I"ve had new sneakers.

This morning it feels better, but I'm going to skip the tape today and rest it a bit..well as much as I can, considering I have to go to work.

I'm actually missing exercising-that is amazing for me. I bought walk away the pounds for abs off ebay, and should be getting them today. Can't wait to start new tapes! I'm not using the belt, though-I have lower back problems off and on, and I"m afraid the belt would aggravate them. I'll use the weighted balls instead.

BTW, on another board, someone posted that Walmart sells three and five pound weighted balls, if anyone is looking to move up from the two pounds ones from Leslie's set. They didn't say how much they cost. I think I will I buy them and use them when my arms are in a little better shape.

Sherry

bandit2
03-19-2003, 10:46 AM
Hi - did a mile last night with bf & another one this morning.

Total so far = 9

NicoleNYC
03-19-2003, 03:38 PM
Hi all!

I just ordered these tapes a few days ago and got them in last night. Tried the one mile this morning - after taking a year off from working out AT ALL I figured I better start slow. I LOVE it! I'm sure I'll progress pretty quickly to the two mile but I can see how the one mile will be great to have around for those days when I don't REALLY feel up to anything - I can at least let myself off easy with the one mile and not feel like I've given up or slacked off (too much).

I got the set with the one, two, and three mile tapes with the weights. This is just such a great way to get back into working out. I find that most of my other tapes are just a bit beyond my skill level now (that's what I get for sitting on my rear for a year!) and it's so discouraging not to be able to finish. I LOVED getting to the end of the one mile and realizing...hey, I did it!

Anyway, hope I can join you guys. This is a LOT of fun!

madtypist
03-19-2003, 09:31 PM
Hi,

Hope everyone is doing good.

I just did the 3 mile. Glad I had the time today to get the 3 mile in.

I have lower back problems, but I would like to get the weighted balls, but not sure if it would hurt my back, the walking does not bother it , I guess I could get them and start very slow, glad to know that Wallmart carries them.

It could be your new shoes Sherry, I have been wearing Dr. Scholls running shoes for years, so I buy the same ones when I need new ones. I'm sure it takes a bit of breaking in at first with any new shoes. Hopefully you will be able to get back at it soon. I know I miss exercising when I don't do it everyday. It becomes a habit and you miss it when you don't exercise.

Suzanne

NicoleNYC
03-20-2003, 03:54 PM
Did anyone else find that those stupid little weights are impossible to fill up? Mine are a total POS and I'm VERY angry that anyone would pass this off as a viable product. The tapes are great, but they should either come with real weights you can actually use or they should tell you to just buy some weights.

What junk!!!

RavenToy
03-20-2003, 04:37 PM
Hidey hey, got the DVDs in the mail last night, and couldn't wait till the weekend to use them, so I did the 1 mile right after I finished my pilates. I didn't use my weights yet, just wanted to introduce myself to the routine, first. I loved it! It was quick (which I need when I'm doing the pilates first and still have to get to work) and by elevating the kicks and knee lifts I could get a nice workout. I'll use weights tomorrow.

And no, I didn't buy the little water balls, I already have dumbells so I'll be using those.

NicoleNYC
03-20-2003, 04:40 PM
Mine came with the little water balls. I have weights, but none as small as I would need for this pace. Guess I'll have to buy some.

Also, forgot to post earlier that I did the one mile earlier today (this would be after flinging the water balls across the room and saying some fairly ugly words).

RavenToy
03-20-2003, 04:49 PM
:lol: I have to admit, I ordered my set without the balls because I didn't like the look of them. I figured if my kids wanted to do the workout with me and use weights, either we can dig into the canned foods, or we can run out and buy a few new dumbells.

bandit2
03-20-2003, 06:15 PM
I love my tape and I am going to buy dumbbells.

suzie76
03-20-2003, 07:25 PM
Hi,

I didn't have trouble filling up the weighted balls with water. I'm sorry others have had problems with them. I'm sure regular weights would be just fine. If you buy the set from Leslie Sansone's website, the weights are already filled with sand. But it was much cheaper for me to buy the set from amazon, cause I had a twenty dollar gifts certificate that almost paid for the whole thing.

I did the two mile WATP with weights today. It's only my second time being able to finish the two mile. I think it's going to take me a LONG time to get up to the three mile tape.

My foot is feeling better. It still feels a bit stiff at times.

Take care,
Sherry

losinginillinois
03-20-2003, 08:54 PM
Hello All!

I sounds like everyone is doing well!
I did 4 miles again yesterday. I have not done anything yet today and don't know if I will. I have not taken a day off in a looong time. So I am not going to let my self get stressed out about it. I am going to try but if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen!

I think I said this already but I just use the dumbells and they work great! I am glad I did not get those weighted balls! Raven that is so funny you said that about your kids mine 2 and 4 work out with me sometimes. It is really funny! My 4 year old calls the one mile the blue tape and the 2 mile pink. He always wants to know why I am not wearing the right colors?LOL!

Good luck this weekend ladies. I will be away from a computer for a couple of days!

Beth

bandit2
03-22-2003, 04:24 PM
Hi - did the 2 mile for the 1st time yesterday & bought some weights & the the tape again today with the weights.

I really like it.

Sherry - sounds like we are in the same place with the exercise.

Bye for now.

RavenToy
03-22-2003, 05:26 PM
Well I only did the 1 mile again today. But I added weights, and I'm using three pound dumbells, so maybe that makes up for a little of it. ;)

My son wanted to do it with me, but he'd strained his thigh muscle the other day, so I figured we'd just stick with the 1 mile for today. Tomorrow, I do the 2 mile. So there.

bandit2
03-24-2003, 09:54 AM
Did another 2 miles with weights last night. Total this week = 11
Total since starting tapes = 17

Hope everyone has a great OP week.

madtypist
03-24-2003, 09:16 PM
Hi everyone!!!

I have started off the week good, did the 2 mile tape today.

I am going to look into getting the weighted balls, to step up the work out.

Glad to see everyone is still doing lots of walking. Have a great week.

Suzanne :)

bandit2
03-25-2003, 10:28 AM
Suzanne - good job with your walking.

I got in 2 miles this a.m. with my weights. Trying to beat last weeks total of 11 miles.

Have a great week, too.

suzie76
03-25-2003, 12:37 PM
Hi,

I did the one mile on Sunday, and the two mile with weights on Monday and today.

I feel like doing the three mile tape would be impossible! But I just started the tapes on 3/1, and have managed to do the two mile, so it's a start. I can't always do all the moves, but I"m keeping up. Those knee lifts while walking forward kill me, it's going to be awhile til I can really do those.
I just ordered a bunch of other Leslie tapes-walk jog/walk kickboxing/walk yoga/ a "one mile muscle tape" a stress relief walking tape and a 30 minute walking tape. These are the variety packs one and two from collage video. Can't wait to get them! I get bored if I do the same things over and over.

take care,
sherry

NicoleNYC
03-25-2003, 02:14 PM
I'm still doing the one mile daily. I should probably move up to the two, but I just like the one so much...it's just enough for me to feel like I've gotten some exercise but not so much that I can't keep up. And I'm using weights, still bitter about the balls. Those things are evil ;)

bandit2
03-26-2003, 05:35 PM
Hi

Did the 2 mile tape w/weights again this a.m. Total 4 miles since Tues. Trying to beat 11 miles of last week.

madtypist
03-26-2003, 07:49 PM
I did the 3 mile today and the 2 mile yesterday. So far so good for this week.

Everyone is really making this a habit to do the tapes everyday.:)

Suzanne

bandit2
03-28-2003, 12:43 PM
Did another 2 miles this a.m. Total of 8 since Tues. Trying to beat 11 miles by Monday.

Suzanne - great for doing all those miles.

My goal is to get up to 3 miles per day.

Have a good one.

madtypist
03-30-2003, 03:32 PM
Hi:

Just finished the 3 mile tape and a ride on my bike. I rode about 2 miles outside, it was nice to be outside and riding.

I started to use some weights on the 3 mile, I used a can of soup. :dizzy: :lol: I wanted to see how I would do, it was good, I don't think a soup can is as much weight as the weighted balls but it is a good start for me.

Bandit2, I am sure you will make the 11 miles by tomorrow. That is really good. I bet you feel great about that.

I may be able to get another bike ride in before the day is over. It is a little cool out but with mitts and a hat :mad: ( can hardly wait for the warmer weather) it is not too bad.

Have a good one.

Suzanne :)

bandit2
03-31-2003, 10:37 AM
Hi everyone:

Well, I got in a total of 14 miles this week. So I was happy to beat my 11 miles of last week.

Suzanne - you get in lots of exercise. Hope I can get up to that kind of routine. Keep up the good work.

Bye for now.

madtypist
03-31-2003, 06:41 PM
Did 3 mile today, and used my weights again, well my soup cans.:lol:

Bandit2 congratulations on your 14 miles, that is a lot of miles, I bet you feel good about that. It does not take much to make it a routine. I'm sure you will keep it up.

Suzanne

bandit2
04-02-2003, 10:33 AM
Hi Suzanne - yes I feel good about the exercise. Got in another 4 miles yesterday (1st time for that) and 2 miles this a.m. before work. The exercise is paying off - I was down 2.8# at the scales on Mon night and even had a few high days last week.

Soup cans good idea - keep it up.

Bye for now.

losinginillinois
04-03-2003, 03:23 PM
Hi ladies I have not posted in awhile but still check in from time to time. I am still doing the 2 mile tape but twice a day at least 4 times a week. I am also walking outside now to. It has been nice. Hope it will stay that way! Glad you all are doing so well!

Beth

madtypist
04-04-2003, 09:03 AM
Hi

I did the 3 mile yesterday and stepped up the soup cans :lol: I used the 14 oz can. I do like using the weights it is a nice change, so I will work my way up to the 2 lb weight.

You girls are really doing great, walking a lot of miles per day, that is great. Bandit2 you are doing great losing weight that is very good. I have not lost any weight, but have not gained any so that is alright. The walking sure tones you up.

I will get in another 3 miles today.

Suzanne.

madtypist
04-04-2003, 09:14 AM
Here is a site that you can keep track of you daily walking. www.in-motion.ca.

you join like this site, for free and it gives you a chart day by day to record your time and walking distance, also some great reading.

Suzanne

madtypist
04-07-2003, 08:16 PM
Hope everyone is doing well, I have started off the week good, did the 3 mile today and hopefully the rest of the week will be a good one.

Suzanne

bandit2
04-08-2003, 11:38 AM
Hi everyone:

Did a total of 12 miles last week (down from 14 the week before)
But have down 4 so far this week.

Keep up the good work everyone.

losinginillinois
04-08-2003, 12:43 PM
Hello all! I am still walking. I have lost track of how many! I did buy the 3 mile tape on Sun. and tried it. It was hard but I did it. I am going on vacation this week but will check back with you all when I return. Wish me luck I am headed south and the food down there is soooo good!

SummerMarie
04-09-2003, 01:22 AM
I really love them, but my favorite is the WATP for ABS, it is at Wal-Mart and is around 30$. It is the better of them all, a better tempo etc, it also has THREE different workouts in one DVD or VHS for that price and the belt, just having the belt on really does slim the waistline. I have been doing the 3 mile for 3 weeks but did the 1 mile and two mile to work my way up. I was out of breath on those the first week. I suggest getting a tape or dvd that has three of them, or you will find yourself bored to death and NOT getting a good enough work out for weight loss. I am currently trying to lose 5 lbs and although I lost 4 pounds doing these workouts, I have lost inches for sure. About 9 inches in the past few weeks mainly from my butt and waistline. Good luck, God Bless.
Summer Marie
P.S. Another GREAT thing about Leslie is that she is a Christian!:dizzy: Yeah!

bandit2
04-09-2003, 01:14 PM
Summermarie - thanks for the tape info.

Losin - have fun on your vacation & try to get in some exercise when you are away.

Bye for now.

madtypist
04-09-2003, 08:48 PM
Hi everyone!!!!!!!

Just finished the 3 mile tape. Missed yesterday, but back at it today..

SummerMarie that is great info about the tapes, would you be able to explain what the abs tapes involve. I do the 3 mile walking tape and want to do something for the abs, but I do not know what the tape involves, is it walking or is it floor movements, that would be great if you could give me an idea of how it works. Thank You.

Suzanne

bandit2
04-15-2003, 06:01 PM
Did a total of 12 miles last week. 4 miles so far this week.

See ya later.

bandit2
04-16-2003, 01:29 PM
Only did 1.5 this a.m. Will try to do some tonight.

madtypist
04-16-2003, 08:25 PM
Hi:

I have been doing the 3 mile tape plus getting some bike riding in.

So far this week I have done 6 miles from the tape and maybe a couple of miles on the bike, I do not have a pedometer on my bike so I do not know the milage.

Trying everyday to do one or the other exercise.

Have a great week.

Suzanne

losinginillinois
04-21-2003, 04:22 PM
Glad you are all still here! I kept up with my workout. But I was doing my 2 mile tape at my inlaws and my weight flew out of my hand. Of course this had never happened before! I broke something and I was so embarrased that I walked outside the rest of the time. LOL! My mil was so nice about it but I felt like an idiot! But let me tell you I think I got more of a work out outside! I walked 2.5 miles up and down hill. My 60 year old MIL about outwalked me! Now if I could just get away from the easter m and m's this week! Good Luck all!

bandit2
04-22-2003, 10:54 AM
Good for you with the walking.

My total was 11.5 miles last week. Have done 4 so far this week.
My week starts Tuesday since my w/i is Mon nights. So my goal is to beat my last weeks total.

Great you are sticking to it even while visiting. Lots of times we make excuses when it is not completely convenient to exercise.

So, good for you & keep up the good work.

madtypist
04-23-2003, 07:53 PM
Had my share of chocolate over the weekend..:p , but getting back on track as the week goes one.

Did the 3 mile yesterday, and also some bikeriding over the weekend, so keeping up with a daily exercise of some sort which is good.

Great thing to keep up the exercising while away, it sure helps to keep you in routine.

Glad to see everyone is sticking to it. Have a great week.

Suzanne

bandit2
04-30-2003, 05:35 PM
Still doing my 2 miles in the morning :-)

madtypist
05-04-2003, 08:39 PM
Hi!!!

I have been out doing a lot of miles on my bike (outdoors), have not done the tapes in a while, but will be back to doing the tape this week as it is going to be raining. I prefer to be out riding and enjoying the weather when I can, I will see if the bike riding is as effective as the tapes and also trying to keep a handle of the food intake. :( :( which is not so good at the moment. I have been eating a lot of cookies can't seem to shake that habit.

Have a great week!!!!!

Suzanne

bandit2
05-05-2003, 02:27 PM
To get outside is nice. My trailer park opens next weekend & soon I will be going up on the weekends. Two of my ww buddies have trailers up there as well & they bike quite abit. I usually walk - not very coordinated for the bike (last time I biked I fell off & had my arm in a sling for 10 days) But that was a long time ago and my bf wants to start biking as well, so maybe I will break down & try it.

Keep up the good work & stay away from those cookies!

madtypist
05-05-2003, 04:03 PM
Thats a drag about your arm, I don't blame you for being a little nervous about riding. Maybe if you start off for short periods of riding you will gradually work your way up to going further distances.

I had a trailer in a park in Minden,Ont. for a long time, we have been out of the park now for a few years, I sure did a lot of walking also, back and forth to the pool and just walking around the park visiting all our friends, and lots of fire hopping. :) Lots of fun...

I am off to do the 3 mile tape today as it is too nasty out for a bike ride.

Have a great opening weekend...

Suzanne

bandit2
05-06-2003, 02:41 PM
Hi Suzanne:

We have a good time at our park - lots of activities to join in & swimming, etc.

How do you like the 3 mile tape & how long is it. I find I am OK time-wise with the 2 miles (30 min) in the morning, but longer would be a problem, I think. But, I could do some at night.

madtypist
05-06-2003, 07:57 PM
Hey Bandit2

The 3 mile tape is 47 min long, thats one of my problems with the length of time of it, I like the long workout but it is finding that 47 min in my day to do it. It is a very good workout and gets the heart rate up more than the 2 mile as far as I am concerned.

Suzanne

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-14-2003, 03:30 PM
Hi, I just started using the WATP videos, I've done the 2 and 3 mile. And I LOVE them. But for some reason it just doesn't feel like I'm walking that far. Is it just me? I can't find my pedometer, so I was wondering if anyone has actually monitored the steps to see if it is really that far.

madtypist
05-16-2003, 11:38 PM
Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also do the 3 mile tape, I have no idea how many miles the tape is. It does not feel like you have walked that far is right.

Have a great week!!!!!!!

Suzanne

newinspiration
05-19-2003, 08:34 AM
Hi, I accidentally caught this thread. I am new to 3FC and am looking for ideas and support. I like to walk outside, but my time is limited. I am also looking for an upper body workout while walking. I plan to add hand weights to the outdoor walk. I've heard of the Walk Away the Pounds tapes, but I was afraid to buy one because I've bought so many tapes that weren't what I thought they'd be, and then I didn't use them. Having a supplement to my outdoor walking might be good. What are her tapes like? Do you walk in place, or what? Are they easy to follow? Someone said the 2 mile tape takes only 30 minutes, and that there are arm movements. That sounds very doable to me--like after work but before dinner. I could also get my kids off the TV and into the books--kill two birds with one stone!! I think an extra half hour might get me losing again. Can anyone advise? P.S. Would you mind if I contributed to this thread from time to time?

FrouFrou
05-20-2003, 01:36 AM
Hi Ladies!

I just wanted to say I finally got the 2 mile WATP. I have read so much about it on this site and was very curious about it. I must say I am amazed and have a question. I am just wondering if it is actually 2 miles, has anyone used a pedometer to check? I guess it just seems so easy and faster than a 30 minute walk on the treadmill (and a little different) it didn't seem like it was 2 miles, so I am curious. I just may have to trade two miles on the treadmill for the 2 mile WATP tape. Newinspiration, to answer your question, I just did the tape today, my first time and have to say yes it is easy to follow, and is very doable. If I can do it anyone can! :lol: I am not very coordinated at all but walking is something I can do and enjoy doing.

newinspiration
05-20-2003, 07:58 AM
Thanks, EvasiveMarigold, for the answer to my question about keeping up with the tape. Normally I'm two left feet at something like that--not very coordinated either. It's nice to know I'll not be left behind. Another question for you about the tape--how does the tape do walking if you aren't going anywhere? Is it walking in place with various movements? I'm trying to envision it. I ask that because my living room isn't very big, and I was wondering how it works. The more I hear about the tape, the more I want to get it. This is the last question that's bugging me before I head to the store. Thanks. :) :)

FrouFrou
05-21-2003, 01:00 AM
Newinspiration, I was just checking back to see if anyone answered my question and see you have some more. Yes, it is walking in place with various movements and you don't need a lot of room to do it in. She incorporates some side moves, some kicks and using weights, but also shows you what to do if you don't want to use the weights. My living room isn't too big and I pushed the coffee table to the couch and had plenty of room to move. I too was trying to envision walking in place after hearing how great these tapes are and how many use them I had to get one. But I was reading what these ladies had to say about it and I definitely agree that it would be better to just skip the 1 mile tape and go to the 2 mile, which is what I have. It's not hard at all, and very doable, I do like it. I give it 5 *****! :lol:Have a good one!

KimmyKat63
05-21-2003, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by EvasiveMarigold
I am just wondering if it is actually 2 miles, has anyone used a pedometer to check? I guess it just seems so easy and faster than a 30 minute walk on the treadmill (and a little different) it didn't seem like it was 2 miles, so I am curious.

Leslie uses the tempo of the music to calculate the miles as in beats per minute so it should be correct. I used to walk outside with tempo walking tapes and the music she uses is definately about 4 mph. I tried using my pedometer with a video and it came out to about 3800 steps (I don't trust the mileage on pedometers). On the average, I think that 10,000 steps a day is equal to 5 miles so 30 minutes with Leslie should be 2 miles. I know what you mean about how fast it goes though, MUCH faster than 30 minutes on a treadmill! One thing though, alternate with treadmill/outdoor walking as it is quite different in the way the muscles are used. I used Leslie videos for 5 weeks straight every day and then it go warm enough to walk around the block. My legs could tell the difference I'll tell ya. After the Leslie's though, my pants fit better :smug:

newinspiration
05-21-2003, 07:50 AM
Thanks, EvasiveMarigold and KimmyKat, for all the information on the Leslie Sansone WATP videos. I am sure I would start with the 2-mile one, since I am already used to walking outside. If for some reason I couldn't finish the tape at the beginning, I'd do as much as I could and build up till I could do the whole thing.

Also, I just want to say that this thread has really helped me in the last few days keep up with my outdoor walking. Lately I've gotten up in the morning pretty tired, plus I am behind in my work at my job. I would think, "Maybe I'll just skip it today. I'm tired."--or--"You know, you have to finish that project at work. Why don't you go in early?" Then I come to the board and read, and I change my mind and go walk. Then I feel much less tired and much more ready to work. Thanks a million!! I have to remember to take care of myself too--maybe first.:) :) :)

FrouFrou
05-22-2003, 06:06 PM
Yes, thank you KimmyKat for the info. It makes things more clear. It is such an easy walk I just couldn't believe that it is a 2 mile walk. I also agree about the pedometer. I wore it one day while walking on the treadmill and it wasn't the same, so I'm not sure how accurate they are or the one I have anyway. :)

bandit2
05-23-2003, 01:37 PM
I try & do the 2 mile every morning as part of my normal routine.
I find it easier to get it in this way. I love my tape.

LesnarsTXF5Diva
05-30-2003, 03:34 PM
I have Leslie's Walk The Walk tape, the firming one. I basically ride my 10K daily ride on my exercise bike, then as soon as I'm done with that, I throw in the Leslie tape only on the part of the free weight lifting and do that part, then I go out in our garage on my little brother's weightlifting machine (one like in a gym) and lift on it for about another 10-15 minutes. Last night I lifted 85 pounds, backlifting. It was soooooo cool! I lifted that 85 pounds like it was nothing--I've never been able to do that before.