Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/185/120

Height: 5' 3''

Question I feel like a skinny chick personality wise

This may not be the right place for this but I guess this is the only place I could find to put this.

Well I've been fat since I was a teen due to emotional overeating and no exercising. However, it's almost like sometimes I "forget" I am fat. Like if I picture myself, my soul, who I am I picture a slim taller woman with long brown hair. Obviously minus the hair I don't look like this. I also LOVE to dance(I suck at it but it's the most fun exercise besides swimming..course I haven't been in a pool in awhile no way I'm getting in a bathing suit in front of people again)
It's almost if it were not for the clothes not fitting, looking like a beast in pictures,or the mirror or the jackass people reminding me, I kind of forget and don't have the "fat girl mentality". Another weird thing is I can dress up look in the mirror and feel pretty but when I see pictures I don't look anything like I did in the mirror.

...basically what I am saying is I can see "inside" myself and the inner me isn't ugly or fat.. but really I AM. Anyone else have this? Or feel similar to this?
SugarBudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #2  
Started IP 01/06/2014

Height: 5'7''

I am the opposite! Even when I was thin (for about one year), I felt like a fat girl inside. I've pretty much been fat all my life, so it just doesn't click in my head when I'm not! There are a lot of things that I'd love to do that I don't because I'm so self-conscious about my appearance, like dancing (I loved it when I was 5!). I hate being in any sort of spotlight in general. I am hoping that one day, when I'm thin and I've maintained for a long enough time, I'll finally be able to be the person I'm meant to be because I won't care what people think.
I guess it's sort of crummy that I feel I have to wait until then to be like that, but to each their own. I will get there!

Last edited by Emmcakes; 03-03-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Emmcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #3  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

GAHHH I was like that. At my heaviest I saw myself as only a little chubby and what I saw in the mirror didn't match up with pictures. I always used the old, pics make you look heavier mentality. I was outgoing, hyper, up for anything, always trying to keep busy with some sort of activity.

The first time I became aware of my actual size, the "Fat girl" Mentality set in. I became depressed, didn't try to put any effort into my appearance(where as before I did), and became withdrawn from the public...

When I went through that I honestly wished that I was still ignorant about my size, because I was much happier without knowing how big I had gotten

Now I have issues with trusting mirrors at all because I still see the same person I did 165 pounds ago...but I totally get what your saying because I used to feel like that too I'm hoping that me comes back when my mind catches up to my body

Last edited by baker23; 03-03-2012 at 04:22 PM.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #4  
Ted's Pants!

S/C/G: 223/223/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm like that! I used to be very thin and to be honest I still see myself that way. I know I'm heavy, but I don't seeMIT. I have to ask my husband how things actually look, because I always think it looks good even when it doesn't. It's a bit frustrating...mostly for him because he has to go shopping with me and spend hours at the mall giving me opinions.
BananaMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HWK256/SW247/239/150

Height: 5'5"

I am the same way. Inside my head I am a different person than what is often perceived by others based on my looks . (i.e. fat equals= push over etc etc) I don't feel like photos reflect the way I feel. I suppose I have to say that photos don't really do anyone justice in a way. We all look different when we're talking, laughing, and smiling, and photos don't catch our animation. I often wish I looked like the person in my head. I know shes under there somewhere... The only time I feel like a fat person in my mind is when others mention it or i'm physically struggling to do something. But I get it...
dancinginpaint is offline   Reply With Quote