100 lb. Club - Accountability, plans, exericse, support, stuff...MARCH

Beverlyjoy
03-02-2012, 08:10 AM
Here is place where you can find some accountability, write down your food plan, or excecise and other helpful things.

Please feel free to join in! :)

TXMary2
03-03-2012, 01:58 PM
I decided I want to join in on this :) - I have been here before off and on. Once for a good stint- lost about 44 pounds but I gained 34 back. Now I have a net loss of 15 after getting back on track.

Yesterday I stayed under calorie goal and I exercised Mon through Friday. I am going to take a short bike ride today with my son so that will be today's exercise.

Today's food so far:

B: Coffee and a mango smoothie

L: Chicken Salad and grilled veggies

mj5
03-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Hi everyone! I'm still here!!! Things have just been super hectic.

TXMary--Welcome back!

Today I went to kickboxing and since it was really nice out I decided to walk outside. I walked 5.11 miles. It felt GOOD! Tomorrow I will hit the gym.

I am dealing with fluid retention AGAIN...grrr, my trainer is helping (again)..poor guy, kinda feel bad for him, he is almost as frustrated with it as I am.

Hope you are all doing well!

Auty
03-04-2012, 09:24 PM
I posted in the other thread a few days ago, still new so I didn't realize there is a new one for every month :)

First I want to mention yesterday, it was a challenge. Since I have started it was the first day I went over my calorie intake all because of one meal. I was still 500 calories under but thats only because I burned off 900 calories doing my C25K and using the Elliptical machine. We went to Anchorage so that we could attend the ceremonial start to the Iditarod, something we do every year and we wanted to go out to eat for a treat at Qdobas, which I thought was a healthier choice than most fast food joints, and I kept my order to a moderate portion size and thought I was doing good, but when I got home and checked the website and figured out the calories to my meal it came out to 850. Not something I was prepared for but I just counted my calories and went on with my day. It didn't feel good, it kinda mad me sad, and honestly the meal wasn't so great that it was worth feeling like crap. I spent the day thinking about how I felt, and after talking to my husband I realized that even if it is a set back, its part of the changing process. I have to learn in order to grow so I am moving past it and getting over it.

A few good things have happened :) We went through our kitchen and took out the foods that were extremely bad for us, and while we cant afford to throw away everything we did eliminate the "worst". I don't know what to do with this food, I certainly don't want to throw it away and thought about donating it, what do you think about donating food that I wont eat because I think its not healthy for me? I also tried fresh basil for the first time and I love it! We had it on a sandwich and it was wonderful. I didn't like the avocado on the sandwich but I think its because it wasn't ripe, I will try it one more time. I found a store that sells produce for cheaper, its Walmart and not really somewhere that we shop a lot but the Walmart in Anchorage expanded and now has a produce section with reasonable prices and I am pretty happy about that.

I am 7 workouts into my C25K program and I have been able to force myself to workout everyday. I love the treadmill and the elliptical machine, I just use my nook and watch netflix and it helps me not get bored. Last night I watched Dance Moms (don't know how I feel about that show) while I was on the elliptical, I was able to be on it for a full hour and went slow and steady and according to my heart rate monitor I burned 600 calories. Slow and steady for me is better than sitting on the couch, and hopefully as I get in better shape I will be able to speed things up a little.

I really hope everyone is doing well and I am looking forward to March!

P.S. sorry about the long post :o

mj5
03-06-2012, 04:45 AM
Good Morning! I have my surgery later this morning, which will be good to get over with.

Auty--That's great that you found Walmart w/ cheaper produce! And congrats for cleaning out your cupboards. Every little bit helps :) Great job sticking with your workouts!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!

I'll check back when I can.

Beverlyjoy
03-06-2012, 06:13 AM
Mj- I have very limited access to internet this week. Wishing you well with your surgery... hoping for the very best result.

Auty
03-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Yesterday was good and I was able to workout steady for 80 minutes :) Today I go back to the doctor for a checkup, kinda nervous/excited and really hoping the scale moves!

mj5- Thank you so much and I hope that your surgery goes well! I will keep you in my thoughts today!

suzukigurl
03-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Awesome workout today!!! I love working out now, who would have guesses!?!?! LOL 45 minutes of cardio between the elliptical and recumbent bike, followed by some weight training, worked on Arms & Abs! :cb:
I really can't wait to get back to the gym tomorrow.

charzhazha
03-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Congrats Suzukigirl! You are making amazing progress!

I am just starting this again. I used to eat healthily and regularly exercise unintentionally. The only food in the house was usually leftovers from my family's vegetarian restaurant, and I often walked home from school because it was faster than waiting for the bus to come. When I moved away, I didn't make any effort to maintain my good habits, and I started to gain about 30 lbs a year. (For a total of 90 lbs, to 270, over 3 years.)

Now I am trying to return to those habits. I have planned every meal this week, and yesterday I went shopping and spent waaay too much on groceries (I guess next week's meal plan will be relying a lot more on beans and rice).

Yesterday, I stayed completely on goal! I made Walnut Asparagus Soup, and I will eat the leftovers today as part of my lunch. Total calories for the day: around 1700.

This morning I had black tea (no milk or sugar, because I like it that way), 1 piece of toast with almond butter, and 10 strawberries. I am making a fennel grape salad for lunch with the soup, and Gallo Pinto with scrambled eggs for dinner. Yum!

Jinxy
03-06-2012, 09:52 PM
mj5 - :goodluck:on your surgery.
Auty - :cp: On doing a 80 min workout. I hope your scale starts moving for you soon. :dust:
charzhazha - Sounds like you are making great stride in getting back to where you have been. :dust:
suzukigurl - I flop back and forth on liking workouts :lol:. Great Job on the workout.

As for me I have just finished my longest workout time 60 mins today :exercise: . Only bad part about today is that my weight went up a little :crossed: that this isn't a trend for me I hate up hill battles.

Kitcherella
03-07-2012, 03:38 AM
Hey all!

I am not having a good week. I am very busy and I am starting to feel a bit tired of it. I am entering my third month so I figure this is normal. Anyway, I am not quitting anything else but smoking. I am giving it a go on Monday so fingers :crossed:
I had cuttlefish with spinach yesterday which was great. Today boiled beans with lots of onion and parsley, olive oil and lemon. This is a great salad-like dish.
TXMary - Welcome back!
Auty - Great idea to donate the food. Glad you're doing well with c25k, I love basil too. Hope you'll have great results.
Suzukigurl - Great job :exercise:
Charzhazha - walnut asparagus soup sounds interesting, elaborate please :)
Beverlyjoy - Thanks for starting the new month - hope it's a good one
Jinxy - You've got tickers! It's great to see your line going downhill ;)
Mj - :hug: to you - hope all is well, waiting for your news

Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors. ~African Proverb

charzhazha
03-07-2012, 04:40 AM
Creamy Asparagus and Walnut Soup, from Cara's Cravings. It was good, especially on the second day! But I tried another asparagus soup last year that I liked even better: Roasted Asparagus Soup with Spring Herb Gremolata. My post count is too low to add links, but I'm sure you can find them easily online.

If I feel the urge to make an asparagus soup again, I will probably try to make a hybrid, because roasting the asparagus made it soooo tasty.

From this post you would think that I am some kind of asparagus maniac, but I really don't eat it often. In fact, these two soups are the only time I can recall cooking it myself. But for some reason nothing says spring like asparagus :)

mj5
03-07-2012, 06:52 AM
Good Morning! Thank you for the positive thoughts yesterday! The surgery went well. They actually ended up taking me in early (when does that ever happen?? lol!), so it was over before I even thought it would be. Yesterday I pretty much slept and took pain meds, but that's what I needed to do. So far, pain is much better already, but I'll take meds if I need them. Today it is going to be gorgous here (upper 60's, which for March is unheard of!), so it will be hard to stay in and rest....but my DH has put a comfy chair on our porch, so I can take my personal training books out there and relax and study.

Beverlyjoy--Thank you my friend!! Hope you are doing well.

Auty--How did your appt go? GREAT workout!!! Thank you.

suzukigurl--Awesome!!! I know..I say the same thing...last year I couldn't find my way to the gym, now I am lost when I can't workout!

charzhazha--Welcome!! You are off to a great start! Love tea (plain as well...that's how I like it). I never liked asparagus much until I roasted it, now...YUM!!! I am vegetarian (pretty recent), so I look forward to any recipes you share. Always looking for new things to try.

Jinxy--Silly scale! I am battling the scale as well with fluid retention...very frustrating!!!! Thank you!

Kitcherella--Hang in there. You can do this! YEA for quitting smoking. I never smoked, but my dh did. From living with a former smoker, I saw how hard it was for him, but SO worth it. It won't be easy (as I'm sure you already know), but you will feel SO much better!!! Thank you! I don't know if I have told you before or not, but I love the quotes you share with us!

I am dealing with a lot of fluid retention. Some from before the surgery, and of course now it is worse. I will eat well and drink lots of water today, so hopefully that will help. My Dr told me I can walk Wed or Th if I feel up to it, but nothing more strenuous than than until Monday. I'll miss my gym time (NEVER thought I would EVER say that....), but it's what I have to do. I have a massage scheduled for Saturday afternoon, which I can't wait for! I'd like to get my nails done later in the week as a treat, if I am up to it...but we'll see. I don't want to rush my recovery and over do it.

Have a great day everyone!

Kitcherella
03-10-2012, 02:42 AM
Hello all.

It is a nice,rainy Saturday morning and I am enjoying my coffee, cheese sandwich and kiwi before I go to work. I am feeling much better after the couple of days that were a bit difficult . I weighed myself (unofficially) and am glad to report one pound lost. I hope it will still be away on Monday - official weigh-in. Maybe this pound can be joined by a friend too.
My wedding anniversary is on Monday and I chose this day to quit smoking as I visualised myself saying (in a few years time) 'I quit smoking on my 4th anniversary'. I have tried once before so I know that the first three days will be a bit rough, the first two weeks somewhat difficult but the real trip starts after that.

charzhazha - thanks for the info, nice recipes there, I don't particularly like asparagus but I was intrigued by the walnut-part as I love them.
Mj - so nice to hear all went smoothly. I just love the picture you "painted" -comfy chair on porch,relaxing and studying. Thanks for the support and your kind words for the quotes, I have found that they help me in many different ways. Bite-sized wisdom :) Wishing you a speedy recovery so you can start kicking again.

“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” Og Mandino

Well, that's all, have a great weekend.:twirly:

Auty
03-10-2012, 03:54 AM
So it has been a few days, but it has been a few *good* days :) Been super busy.

mj5- the doctor went really well, she graphed out my weight-loss and was really happy with the progress. I was 296 around the 1st of January and then 288 on the 24th of January and I weighed in at 267 on the 6th of March. I cut out as much gluten as I could on her recommendation and it has helped the symptoms of PCOS and I am actually going through a relatively normal monthly, first time in years! I hope that you are doing well and that you are resting and I hope you enjoy your massage!
suzukigurl- awesome workout!
charzhazha- Walnut asparagus soup sounds delish!
Jinxy- great job on the 60 min workout!
Kitcherella- Yay! one pound down isn't one pound up! and congrats on making the choice to quit smoking! I think you can do it!

I am still doing the C25K, I have done it 14 days in a row and I really enjoy it. I actually jogged outside yesterday, my husband went with me and we did an old C25K workout, outside. It was awesome and amazing, 0 degrees but still really liberating. I keep having dreams of me running outside!

I started freezing yogurt so I could have an "ice cream" like snack that is portioned and it has worked out really well for me. I was able to get into an old pair of jeans that I bought and then couldn't wear, and now they are too big that was a super nice feeling.

Adding a picture of my first run outside :)

Beverlyjoy
03-10-2012, 06:56 AM
Hi folks.. I am back from my trip and ready to be back in my food comfort zone. I am making a plan for today and writing it down in my journal.

MJ - glad your surgery went well.

I'll be back.

mj5
03-10-2012, 07:04 AM
Hi everyone! I have been resting and recovering. Pretty much sleeping a LOT! But...it's what my body needed to recover, so that's what I did.

Kitcherella--CONGRATS on the loss, Happy early Anniversary, AND YEA for picking a day to quit smoking! Lots of great stuff!!! Thank you. I have been recovering well...sleeping a LOT, but it's what I needed, so that's what I did.

Auty--That is great progress! I'm sure your doctor is thrilled with everthing you are doing! Great job w/ the c25k! I have actually started doing a few running inervals during my long walks (I have a bad knee that has always prevented me from running...but I honestly hadn't tried it since I lost weight and strengthening. It has ben ok, so far. I do need to check w/ my doctor before I take it any further, but I at least wanted to be able to tell him if I thought it would work or not :) I love it when clothes get too big....it gets expensive, but....such a great feeling!

Beverlyjoy--How was your trip? Always nice to go....but always nice to come home. At least it is for me :) Thank you my friend!

Today I am running a few short errands, meeting a friend for coffee, then a 90 min aromatherapy massage....ahhhh, can't wait!!! THEN after a nap, I am having tea "with" my best friend. She sent me the nicest card! She moved away earlier this year. I miss her terribly. We talk on the phone often, of course. Well, the card she sent was super sweet! It contained a tea bag and nice note telling me to call her when I was feeling better, so we could have tea "together".

Have a wonderful day everyone!

charzhazha
03-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Hi all!

First of all, everyone who is doing c25k: Congratulations! That program is amazing. I look forward to trying it once i hit 210-190 or so.

mj5: I love doing things like that! I moved away from my best friend when I was little, but we are still besties today because we talk all the time. Long distance friendships are the best!
Also, you do kickboxing? How is that? Do you consider it more aerobic, or toning? How much is the gym, and what are the classes like?

Auty CONGRATS ON THE PROGRESS!! And thanks for the picture. I am beginning to think, more and more, that I need to move somewhere where it snows. It is so beautiful! What breed is your buddy there?

Kitcherella, good luck on quitting smoking! With all the progress you have made since January, it's clear that you have the drive to do it.

I finally bought a scale, so today was my official starting weight: 276.9. I was sad, because I had hoped that 270 was a high guesstimate. But in the end, I felt really motivated. Because my sister weighed herself too, and got an ERROR. It was a weight watchers scale, capacity up to 400 lbs, and we got it thinking she would weigh in at about 360. I am doing this for her, for the next few months that we will still be living together. And although she was upset, she just tried to put it out of her mind & asked me to heat up the last of the asparagus soup with some brown rice. So I think she is motivated too.

Oh, the other thing- exercise . To put it simply, working out at a gym is just not something I am ready for. I wouldn't be able to maintain it, because I would hate to bus there, hate to be there with other people, and hate to bus home. So, for now, I am just trying to be more active in my own life (take my dog on a walk around the block twice a day, get off the bus a stop early and walk home, clean and cook around the house...).

My first exercise goal is to start biking. But I am scared to go buy one, because last time I got on a bike, I could hardly make it 3 blocks-- and that was around 220! But biking is the most maintainable exercise I can think of, because it would save me from riding the bus. When I was in high school and maintained around 180, the only exercise I did was to walk 2-3 times a week for 2 miles to get home, and the only reason I did it was that it was faster and more comfortable than waiting for the bus.

Does anyone know of a c25k kind of thing for biking? I would love to have a program to follow.

Jinxy
03-10-2012, 07:04 PM
I am finally getting closer to the 260's yesterday though I was closer then ever just to have it jump back up into the 270's (not far though) again. I just gotta keep going to get there.

charzhazha - I know what you mean and feel the same way about the gym. I'm just not that type of person I guess. I kinda silly about it we live down a quiet street there are only about two houses that I pass when I walk/jog, that is mine and my mom's house. When I do go out to exercise I make sure that there is nobody coming in to her house for a visit or to work and if they are I wait until they leave. If that doesn't work I usually jump on the Wii Fit Plus to workout instead. I guess I'm just a private person I hate people watching me while I exercise.

mj5 - :getwell: Hopefully you'll be up and at 'em' soon.

Auty - Love those mountain tops in the background of you picture. I've always wanted to live where is snows and is in the mountains. But unfortunately I stuck in Florida. Good job on your first run. I'm doing a walking/jogging routine as well as mixing up the workouts.

Beverlyjoy - Good luck putting together your plan.

Kitcherella - Happy Anniversary and good luck on quitting smoking.

mj5
03-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Hi everyone! It is going to be beautiful here today...60's...in March in NY! Awesome. I am going for a walk with my sil and hopefully a cousin will join us as well. I have to go easy, but it will feel good to get out and do something!

charzhazha--That is SO cool! I miss her like crazy, but we do talk, facebook, etc a lot. We missed each other yesterday, but we'll catch up today :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE kickboxing. When my trainer suggested it, I thought he was insane. Seriously. That was in August. But, everything else worked, so I figured why not...The classes I go to are taught by a woman who also trains in MMA fighting and boxing (she hopes to go pro in women's boxing!), so our classes are amazing! Aerobic, toning, an awesome full body workout. Every single class is different and she focuses on different things each time. We start w/ a quick warm up...could be shadow boxing or a light jog, sit ups, push ups...things like that. Then we get out the heavy bags and put our gloves on. That is my absolute favorite part! We do a lot of boxing drills...focusing on technique first...then working on speed and power. We also do a lot of lower body work (kicking...again working on technique first...then power and speed). Unfortunately, my gym doesn't offer it..I go to a separate school for my classes, but I was lucky enough to find an absolutely amazing place. As far as cost, well, I buy a "package" of classes, so I think it works out to about $8/class and worth every penny as far as I am concerned. I am completely exhausted, yet completely energized at the same time when class is over. Definitely check it out! If you aren't comfortable at a gym yet, don't do it. It won't work if you don't go. Definitely find ways to be more active. Get a bike if that is something you used to enjoy. So what if you can only make it 1 block for now. Start with what you can do and increase it from there. I'm not familiar w/ a bike program, but I'd be willing to bet there is one.

Jinxy--Keep at it, you'll get there! The scale is all over the place for me right now too. Thanks!

Have a great day!

Auty
03-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Saturday I was 261 and today I am 262, trying not to think to much about it because I know the scale is going to go back and forth and I am really just hoping that this is because of my monthly finally showing up (still normal this time thank goodness).

Not much new going on, still doing the c25k every day. I do it differently than the program calls because of my weight and on doctor recommendations. I do every workout 2 times instead of just once before moving on to protect my body from doing to much to fast and I also do it everyday which was important for me so that I wouldn't fall off the wagon. I am on workout 9 today and its the one where I do a 5 min warm up, jog for 1:30 then walk for 1:30 jog for 3 min and then repeat. Other than weight-loss I am really noticing that it is getting easier for me to jog for longer periods of time and my heart rate is decreasing, especially my resting heart-rate.

mj5- I am refusing to buy new clothes until I get to 200lbs or below. I have some old clothes that I can "shrink" back into and then I have some that I can take in. Trying to cut costs where-ever I can! Thank goodness I know how to sew, clothes are so expensive! I hope that you are able to get your knee cleared! I really wanted to do the c25k program but I am glad I got it cleared with my doctor first, it was worth that extra step because the last thing I want is an injury that could prevent me from exercising. I wish it would get in the 60's here, its -4 and there is 5 feet of snow on the ground and we have another month and a half before it starts to get warmer.
charzhazha- my buddy is a bearded collie that we adopted as a puppy, I also have a malti-poo but she was walking with my husband who was taking the pictures :) I love Alaska and I do love the snow I just wish it didnt last 8 months of the year. I had a gym membership at one point but the gym was just to far away, and I was lucky enough that my mom was able to find me the essential gym equipment for free so now I exercise at home. I dont know if there is a c25k program for a bike but I bet you could make a program or find one! You could work it like the c25k and start small and slow and work your way up with a goal.
Jinxy- I could really use some Florida sunshine right about now! Keep up with good work, I really believe attitude is a huge part of it!

I hope everyone has a good day!

mj5
03-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Hi everyone! Just popping in quick. Getting back to work has tired me out! Phew!!! I am trying to ease back into things, but.....yea, not doing so well..I am ready for the weekend already!

Beverlyjoy
03-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Yesterday was mostly healthy. I did some gardenning. What was I thinking?? (I wasn't) It made my hernia surgery ache. I panicked and ate extra. Today it feels OK. I must remind my self to be more careful.

Today I went to the store and got lots of healthy foods. I am trying foods a little more spicy. My goal is to be able to eat a friend's recipe for Pumpkin Soup. I've been thinking about making it a long time.. but - I think I am getting closer to being able to eat it.

Yesterday - I logged/measured/planned my food (until I ate extra in the evening) Drank lots of water. Did my exercises. I had no seconds. All in all it was a descent 'start again' day.

Today I am off to a good start.

MJ - I hope you are mostly recovered from your surgery.

Kitcherella
03-16-2012, 04:18 AM
Hello all,

All is well here. I am on day 5 of not smoking. So far so good. Thank you for your support. My sense of smell is already improving. I haven't stuffed myself as other people claim to do. It might be attributed to the fact that I am super busy this week.
The situation in my house was bad enough with all the post-its with messages about weight loss like I CAN DO IT and ? kilos lost, now I have a few that say ? DAYS SMOKE-FREE, I DO NOT NEED TO SMOKE and a huge sign I painted that says PURE WILLPOWER. My husband adds to them by writing I love you or I believe in you, bless him. Soon we’ll be snowed under post its. Have you got an urge to eat (smoke)? Write a post-it to yourself.
I made a spinach/onion/dill pie thing which turned out great. Mix the veggies with a couple of eggs and a little bit of flour, a tiny bit of grated cheese, season and bake. Next time I am baking it in a muffin tray for cuteness reasons. I had it for dinner and breakfast just now :hun:

Auty – Awesome picture! You should use it as wallpaper (I would add an inspiring quote). Glad you had good results, and bravo for the c25k progress!
Charzhazha - be as active as you can and be comfortable, walking is great, clears the mind too
mj5 – how lovely to have tea with your friend! I hope all is well, get as much rest as you can
Jinxy – you are doing it, you are so close
Beverlyjoy - pumpkin soup yummy,

I'd like to share a song with you. It was first recorded in 1919 (wow approaching 100) - I just love it, It is a football anthem in the UK but I don't really care about that - I find it super cute
<3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJLMcflYdLg&feature=related
I hope you like it too

“People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.”
Dale Carnegie

mj5
03-16-2012, 05:57 AM
Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well. I am mostly recovered...still working on getting my stamina back, but getting better.

Today marks one year since I started working with my trainer. Incredible. When I started, I wasn't sure I would get through the first 4 weeks! We did my measurements and compared them to last year...I have lost a total of 56 3/4" (so far). I'll have updated comparison pics soon to share.

I'll catch up with everyone this weekend. Like I said...still working on my stamina, so I've been trying to get to bed early which means not a lot of check in time.

Have a great day!

Beverlyjoy
03-16-2012, 09:19 PM
yesterday was a mostly healthful day. I accomplished many of my goals. I woke up in the middle of the night with an awful stomach ache. I ate some unplanned crackers - it helped. (along with Maalox and Pepto). I ate raw apples yesterday... I don't think I am ready for that, I guesss. Sigh.

I did my journalling yesterday, lots of water, planned/measured/logged food, always left a bite, worked on slowing down & tasting the food, tried to 'feel' the food in my stomach, read my cards, stretches & strengthening and more.

Need to work on fork down between each bite, eat sitting only, giving credit, using my resistance techniques and more.

Have a GREAT weekend.

suzukigurl
03-16-2012, 10:28 PM
So Zumba has become my new addiction... LOL! I think I can live with that, it was only my second time taking the class today but it was so much fun, I almost went back again for the evening class but my hubby was running late and he was using my car! Oh well always next week! :exercise:

mj5
03-18-2012, 09:51 AM
Hi everyone! I cannot believe the weather around here right now! 75 in NY in March??? Yesterday I made a quick stop at the mall and Marshall's to get some capris. I didn't have any from last year that would even come close to fitting (in the BEST possible way of course).

I am really sore from kickboxing the past two days. Really glad that today is my rest day. I need to stretch and drink lots of water. I am going to study, too...hmmmm, maybe I can use that to study....name MJ's sore muscles, hahaha!

Beverlyjoy--Oh, dear, hope you are feeling better!

suzukigurl--YEA!!! Another Zumba addict! I love that it is so much fun you hardly realize you are working as hard as you are!

Auty--Great job w/ the smoking! How sweet of your husband to add to your notes :)

Have a great day everyone!

Kitcherella
03-19-2012, 03:56 AM
Good morning people!

One week smoke-free, 2lb down (and 10% of original weight lost) and managed to do alright last week (very hectic). A pat on the back for me :cb:
I hope everybody is still going strong.
No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow. ~Proverb

Have a great week!

Auty
03-19-2012, 06:05 AM
Just checking in, been extremely busy the last week or so. With all the solar flares the aurora has been high so that means all nighters in 0 degree weather for this girlie getting pictures.

I am still doing the C25K, and have only taken one day off (yesterday), which made me miserable, it was not a good day at all. Other than the one day it has been going well and I am impressed with how I am feeling, it has also saved my life! I was walking on a coastal trail with my husband on Friday and we went around a sharp corner and ran smack into a huge Mama moose and her baby, and none of us were pleased especially the Mama! I hightailed it out of there as fast as I could and was able to get a good and safe distance before running out of breath!

Lots of new foods that I am really enjoying, and once I have a full nights worth of sleep I will post more about it, I hope that everyone else is having a super awesome week!

mj5- I think you mean Kitcherella? Who is doing amazing with the smoking I may add! Good Job and Keep it up, that is a huge accomplishment! Also I am glad you are feeling better!
Beverlyjoy- I really like that fork down after every bite! I think I will try that. My husband and I have actually been playing cards during meal time to make the meal last "longer".
suzukigurl- I hear Zumba is awesome, maybe one day I will get to try it!

mj5
03-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Hi everyone! Things are going well, just busy with work stuff. Workouts have been good, food is also good. I should have my pictures back from my trainer any day now...I can't wait to see the one year difference!

Kitcherella--FANTASTIC!!!

Auty--OOPS! Yep, I did. That's what happens when I read too quick!

Beverlyjoy--Hope you are doing well.

Jinxy
03-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Hi everyone, I'm down 1.8 pounds as of today (taking me down to 269.4), but I refuse to celebrate until I know it will stick :lol:.

mj5 - That's great to hear I hope you'll be very surprised and happy when your photos return!!

Auty - Wow, I'd love to be able to see solar flares! I'd also be up and snapping pics I don't blame you one bit. I'm glad you did get out of there, did the moose follow you?

Kitcherella - Winter what winter? :lol: This season hasn't been much of a winter season where I live. Which kind of stinks because I like cold weather. Lately here it's been rather hot and muggy (as usual with Florida weather :p ).

Beverlyjoy
03-21-2012, 07:43 AM
Hi folks... things are going pretty well. I had put on three pounds in the weeks before and after my surgery. I've been feeling like I can tackle it. I've lost two and am only one pound above my ticker weight. I am grateful for that.

Mostly, I've been fulfilling many of my goals - aiming for these daily
journal
meditation
plan/measure/log good
TASTE the food
slow mindufl eating
no seconds
eat seated only
read my helpful materials
exercise/water

I have been dealing with DH and his bringing candy home all the time. He's not overweight & good 'health' numbers. The man loves candy. Me too! So need to ask him again to keep it out of my sight or not to bring it home.

MJ - so happy for you to see the scale go down.
Auty - glad you checked in. Sounds like things are exciting!
kitcherella - wonderful accomplisment weight down and a week smoke free. I am doing a happy dance in your honor. Carry on.

Have a great day.

Kitcherella
03-24-2012, 03:40 AM
Hey all!!!

12 days smoke free and I am feeling way better than I had anticipated.
Thank you so much for supporting me!!!
In terms of food, it was a pretty good week, nothing new or very interesting to say about it. TOM so no weigh in. It wasn't the best week regarding exercise.
Have a great weekend!!
Auty - thanks! solar flares, a moose, it's like you are living in a fairytale (compared to my 5th floor flat in the centre of the city). ;)
Mj - thanks for the kind words! I am waiting for your pictures too!! :)
Jinxy - I had a looooong and miserable winter, I live in Greece and it was much colder than usual and it was miserable (the worst ever). Florida sounds pretty nice! :beach:
Beverlyjoy - thank so much for the happy dance! I see you are doing so well, great to have these daily goals. My husband eats constantly and he is the slimmest person I know. :dunno:

Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.
Anton Chekhov

mj5
03-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Hi everyone! Things have been pretty insane at work. Some really icky stuff going on at work. I have a feeling it will all come to a head on Monday. Soooo not looking forward to it! I am so stressed over it. I know I didn't do anything wrong, but that may not matter....stress stinks!

I should have my pics sometime today. I'll share as soon as I get them!

FANTASTIC news, however....the cancerous cells did NOT come back! My dr is going to do a minor procedure (in office) on Wed to make sure that they never come back, since I am at super high risk for that happening now. SO relieved over that!!!

Have a great day!

Auty
03-25-2012, 04:06 AM
It's been a few days, ah how life sometimes gets in the way! I weighed in this morning and was 253 (I wont log it on my ticker until I have 3 consistent days of the same weight or less). Thats 43lbs down and I am amazed, and hope it continues.

I have had to stop with the C25K for now, my right foot started to hurt and I was worried about getting a stress fracture so I have slowed it down some. While it would have been nice to be able to stay on a steady track with that, I cant allow myself to get injured and not be able to exercise at all. I have a pretty good doctor that has me email him questions and such and he said to take this as a positive and not a set back. When I first started the C25K I was walking at a 2.0mph and jogging at a 2.5 and now I am power walking at a 3.0 average and a 3.5 peak speed, so even if I had to stop I still benefitted from the program, and I am going to start it up again in May once my bones that were not used to moving or having pressure build up some more strength.

In the food department I am learning that my body will adjust its cravings to whatever I am putting into it. On my one solid month anniversary of my life change I decided I was going to give myself a treat, since I was proud of myself and I said to myself that I would feed my body whatever it wanted no matter what it was, and I had chicken breast, kale, and diced tomatoes with basil and balsamic vinegar dressing. At first I was a little disappointed that I didn't want french fries but that didn't last :). Then last week my husband, who bless his soul has deprived himself of pizza (something he ate more than once a week sometimes 3 times a week) so that he could show support for me, asked me if he could have some. Of course I have been telling him that he can eat whatever he wants, so we got the pizza, and brought it home, and baked it in the oven and the smell was to die for. I was telling myself that I have been sooooo good and I can have one slice of toppings (minus the bread to ward off PCOS problems with gluten). I took a bite of cheese, pepperoni, and sauce and couldn't swallow it (literally spit it as my husband looked at me with horror for wasting this precious commodity lol). It smelled so good, it was the same brand of pizza that I used to always eat and love, but all, and I mean ALL I could taste was grease and not pleasant grease it was like the grease that sits in the bottom of a deep fryer for 3 years kind of grease.

Today was another experience, I spent the day with my mother shopping and she wanted to go out to eat, and this time I was prepared unlike when we went to Qdoba. We went to Wendys and I had a small chili with onions and no cheese and no crackers and a side salad and even carried in my own drink and dressing, it was actually empowering!

I went back to the coastal trail, and wouldn't you know that moose was there again! This time I took a few pictures before I ran away and I will post some as soon as I empty my sd card onto this computer. I also take pictures of most of my meals and some of my exercising, maybe I will start a photoblog for my weight-loss journey, that would be a fun way to document my progress.

I really appreciate all of you and enjoy this forum, I really feel like its a key to the success I have experienced so far!

jinxy- I am really glad we got out of there too and no I think the baby was curious and would have walked right up to us and played probably but it was Mama that I was afraid of, and once we got a safe distance away she stopped acting agitated! Congrats on the weightloss!

Beverlyjoy- I tried the "fork down" between bites and it really helps me be more aware of my meal, it also helps me slow down and actually taste what I am eating! Thanks so much for sharing that. Plus I believe you can tackle anything!

Kitcherella- I feel like I live in a fairytale, there is a lot to be thankful for living here especially since my hobby is photography but I sure would love to see Greece! Awesome job on the not smoking, that is so great and super proud of you!

mj5- I will keep you in my thoughts! That is super good news and makes me happy to hear it! Cant wait to see your pictures!

mj5
03-26-2012, 08:49 PM
Hi! Well...the work drama has settled, thank goodness! I still have a job (even better!). I really cannot stand people who create drama for the sake of creating it. I think it's time to start looking for something else. I would really like to work in the fitness 'field', so that may be my new career path...we'll see!

Auty--You are doing fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still no pics to share, yet....my trainer said I will have them soon.

Jinxy
03-26-2012, 09:38 PM
Stopping in to say hello since I have the time to. My weight is going back up bit by bit but at least it isn't zooming up like it has in the past. I went biking today and did 40 mins :yay:, my stamina is getting a big boost I guess because I haven't been able to get that much in, in years. So, even though my weight is inching up I have a plus for the day :D.

Kitcherella - I heard about the winter your having in Europe. From the reports we have been getting it's the worst that it's been in years over there. I'd offer to share (only if you could share too) if only the weather worked that way :lol:.

mj5 - Can't wait to see the pics.

Auty - Yeah, I have heard moose can be very mean tempered when your on their turf or near there young (but so can other animals and humans :lol:). Glad you too got away safely.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Hi guys! Just stopping by. So glad to see MJ and Beverly are still hanging in there. You ladies are amazing!

I've been back on-plan for 4 weeks now. This time, I'm striving to learn some valuable lessons and make some permanent change in my lifestyle. Hopefully, at the ripe old age of 47, I'll get it right. :D

mj5
03-29-2012, 10:41 AM
Oh man...my post didn't, well post! Grrr!

My procedure was yesterday. SOOOOO glad it is over! It was bad, but after...omg...I was in so much pain. But...feeling better this am.

Jinxy--Go you!!! I have been battling the scale lately. Very frustrating. Keep doing what you are doing!

Rhonda--So good to "see" you!!! 4 weeks op is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

Beverlyjoy--Hope you are doing well.

I have an appt with my ortho this afternoon (dh is driving me). I am going to talk to him about the possibility of starting to run. Even if it is only a little. Cannot believe that I am actually going to ask about that! HAHA!!

Next weekend I am visiting a friend outside of NYC and we are doing a 10k in Central Park. It's a race, but we are going to walk. I cannot wait!!!

Kitcherella
03-29-2012, 04:16 PM
Hello all,

I hope everyone is doing fine. I can hardly wait for the Easter holidays as I need to rest. I will have two weeks to relax.
I haven't smoked 358 cigarettes according to my ticker - nearly 18 days. I wonder what the scale will show on Monday. It would be great to see a loss.
I am getting an exercise bike for free (from a friend). So I'll be :ebike:

Auty - Thanks for your lovely words. 43 lb wow :cb: - Brilliant!! Isn't it weird how much your taste changes? I can't eat french fries anymore. In fact, I think they're awful. I'd love to see the pictures and I am sure you'd have to bring plenty of memory cards here :) Great idea to start a photoblog.

Mj - Fantastic to hear such great news! Good that things at work cleared out too - I can't stand drama queens (or kings). Enjoy your 10k! walk :running:

jinxy - I certainly would! ;) We are starting to have some sunshine now, thankfully. 40 minutes is excellent :cp:

Rhonda - hello :wave: 4 weeks good job!

Auty
03-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Hey guys :)

Phew been busy keeping up with all that the husband has to do in this last month of school before graduation (in May and only his Masters but still intense! Only one more degree to go then he will be done:).

I did start somewhat of a photoblog, its on facebook and I am working my best on it. The reason I chose facebook is because a lot of my family and friends are familiar with the layout and how to use that social site so I figured it would be easy for most the people in my life. Today I posted a progression picture, I was so embarrassed at how large I allowed myself to get and cried my way through posting it to the whole world. Of course all the people around me could see how big I was but I never wanted to admit that. If any of you are interested in seeing it I will gladly add you if you have facebook. The name of the page is Losing Onefifty, and the email if you cant find it that way is - losing150@yahoo.com. (unsure if this link will work and you will have to copy paste it to try, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003699223913 )

I have started to slowly increase the jogging into my workout, I just love that feeling when I run/jog and the high I get after it even if I cant do it for very long.

I made home-made salsa this week and after weighing and calculating its only around 50 calories for an entire cereal bowl of it, and nothing bad in it since I am blending tomatoes, onions, cilantro, garlic, black pepper and a dash of hot sauce. Loving finding new things to eat!

The scale read 249.8 today but that was in underwear and in the morning so I wont count it on my ticker yet but was still excited to see something other than the 250s ;). I think this burst of weight-loss is because of eliminating gluten, which has improved the effects of my PCOS significantly. It has been a real challenge but totally worth it, but still you would be surprised at what you find gluten in and I have tried losing weight before with the PCOS and never was able to lose this fast and steady and keep it off no matter how hard I worked out. I am ready to accept that I may hit a plateau soon and I expect the weight-loss to come to a complete halt or even reverse into gain as I come upon my monthly again.

I hope that everyone else is doing well and enjoying Spring! Even tho its Alaska I am enjoying myself, very wet and icy as everything melts but at least we are thawing out!

mj5 - thank so much! Awesome about running! And wow 10k thats intense even if you are walking! I know you will have an awesome time tho thats so exciting! Sorry that you were in pain, but this procedure was probably worth it from what I understand! I will keep you in my thoughts and glad everything went well at work!

Jinxy - a plus is a plus and stamina is amazing, eventually thats what it will take to have a break through! Good job!

GirlyGirlSebas - welcome back! even if I didn't know you before! :)

Kitcherella - I could just jump up and down for joy about you quitting smoking and the success you are having with that! Congrats on getting a bike, thats how I got all my gym equipment, free :) The smell of any grease makes me sick to my stomach now there is a McDonalds in the walmart that is in town and its right beside the produce section and it just makes me sick and makes me hate myself just a little bit for subjecting my body to the junk!

mj5
03-31-2012, 04:23 PM
Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well!!!

Auty--I'll have to check out your photoblog. What a great idea! Your salsa sounds yummy and probably SO much better than store bought. I have made salsa before and it is YUM! PCOS stinks! Idk if I hav ementioned, I have it as well. I am going to wait to start expiramenting w/ running until after our 10k next weekend. I don't want to do anything "different" and be in pain for that. I am SO excited about it!! Yes, the pain sucked, but it was totally worth it.

As for me...it's been another rollercoaster week at work. The work drama is back. The last thing I was was told about it on Friday was "it doesn't look good for you". Last weekend I literally made myself sick (migraine) over it. After talking w/ my husband and a couple of close friends I have come to this conclusion. I know the truth. If after all these years they actually believe I would be capable of what they are saying (and there is no real proof..it's based on someone not remembering something), then I don't need them in my life. Now...the reality is it will hurt us financially, a lot. But...we'll figure it out somehow. I guess I'll find out Monday.

I feel FANTASTIC today! Phenomenal *ss kicking Kickboxing class this am, errands done, amazing deep tissue massage where the MT told me 1. The tension in my body has gotten so much better (kinda funny after the past couple of week's of work drama) AND 2. not to weird or creepy, but you have gotten so small! Nope, not weird or creepy, kinda made me happy :)

Now for some sweet beagle snuggle time before hitting the books! :)

Enjoy the weekend!

mj5
04-01-2012, 08:46 AM
Good Morning! FINALLY, I can share my "anniversary with my trainer" pics!!!
3/17/11 and 3/16/12. 113lbs and 56" lost so far! ;) Oh....ignore my hair in the recent pic...I had just gotten home from kickboxing, haha! For a little perspective....the pic on the left I was wearing a 3XL shirt and pants and on the right M shirt and S pants.

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae178/marisfan/MJ20120yr20comp20frt113.jpg

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae178/marisfan/MJ20120yr20comp20side113.jpg

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae178/marisfan/MJ20120yr20comp20bck113.jpg