South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 04:23 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Friday SBD Chat, March 2, 2012

Good Morning

I know there's no competition getting things started here this morning. I got a call last night to work on Saturday so I MUST get the company books finished and delivered to my mom if I want to head over the hill next week. After the call, I just went to bed super early so I could get up and work.

Yesterday, we got our new TV (not hooked up yet) and I power shopped. Once home, it took several hours to get all my produce washed, dried and properly stored but now all the work is done and all I have to do is pull the stuff out and use it. I think I'll squeeze a little meal prep into my morning, as well, so I'll have a dinner ready for both tonight and tomorrow.

What's on your agenda today?? Stop and chat.

PS. Down to 4,500 KB's so I won't be getting to do any reading until later unless I find some free and accessible WIFI floating around.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 03-02-2012 at 04:28 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:22 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and TGIF, Debbie and those to cluck in a bit later. I hope you get everything done that you planned. You sure lead a busy life!

It's not snowing but promises to rain today! I've given up trying to figure out Mother Nature. I think she abandoned me when I went through the menopause. We go down below normal this weekend with way below freezing temps and then will soar up into the teens Celsius or the 50s F next week. This might be the year I get my peas planted by St. Patrick's Day.

No gym again today but I am determined to get back on schedule there next Monday! I'm getting pretty tired of this cold nonsense but am managing fine. It's actually been a great two weeks since I cancelled all my meetings except one I could not avoid - "constitutional crisis" with the Quilting Biddies.

Donna is coming to tiddle up the house today and will help me put a leaf in my diningroom table. It's Girls' Family Dinner on Sunday and I'll have twelve as Karen's teens are deigning to join us. My no-texting rule is in place and they are aware of it. I plan to serve a sort of oriental chicken recipe with some fancy rice and the "girls" will bring the rest of the meal - and wine, of course. When we do this monthly meal, we always cook lots so the single moms have another meal for during the week. (I substitute agave nectar for the honey in the recipe and use boneless thighs.)

Later this morning I'm off to Brockville for some groceries. I need to get some good dogfood or there will be a doggie revolution. They are snobs and don't like the generic stuff from the local. Disney, my Katrina rescue, used to eat anything but HRH Jazz takes a nibble and spits it out! I'll eat lunch before I go so I can avoid the Chinese Buffet. (I think I've been pure for two months now.)

On we go with TGIF and a good weekend.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:35 AM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning to Debbie and Ruth! and all other Beachers

The snow fell all day yesterday and finally stopped at around 5:30 pm. Ruth, as I was out there shoveling, I remembered you hoping that shoveling wasn't 'too onerous' I had to think of the positives.."at least I have no physical limits to keep me from shoveling, at least I have an arsenal of shovels to choose from". That's positive thinking.

Hope everyone has a great, no temptation, on-program day!
Old 03-02-2012, 06:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Debbie - you're awfully good at controlling your internet intake! I really need to cut back on mine...haven't figured out how to do it while still checking important things like 3FC .

Ruth - the no texting thing is a GREAT rule to have! (why did you have to mention chinese buffet...)

Holly - I have not had to shovel once this winter...weird....

Today is my day to not work until 2 pm, and I'm looking forward to it! I think the pup and I will get lost in the mountains. As much as I'd love to do a trail run, I shouldn't push it...so a hike it is. I would think a hike would be fine though. I will not feel guilty for not cleaning or doing important stuff!! (right?)

Getting a crock pot of chili ready soon!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:09 AM   #5  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Twynn - RIGHT! no guilt
Old 03-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning! I'm on my second cup. It will be nice to get back to my normal routine next week, where I can just ease into the morning. But it is nice to go wake up the girls and get a warm, sleepy hug. And of course the dogs are thrilled when we come downstairs and let them out of the mudroom.

Maggie is happy that it's "pajama day", and she gets to wear her PJs to school, and Audrey is very excited that tonight's the big 5th grade dance where they get to meet all the other kids in the district who will be consolidating at the middle school next year. I was voluntold to chaperone, and I hope my evening is as fun as Audrey's will be.
Jake is coming over to take me to get my car as soon as the girls leave for school. Thank goodness it was just a minor fix! We were afraid we'd have to put off buying the new bathroom vanity this weekend, but all systems are "go", thank God.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

My new computer upstairs must have a better internal router...I've hooked into my mom's unlimited wifi from a block away. That will make my day better!

Linda, like "voluntold" I hope you have as much fun as she does, too.

Holly, have a great day!

Ruth, great job as you continue to avoid the chinese buffet!

Twynn, enjoy your hike!

from yesterday...

Jenn, you asked about my smoothie. I always start with an apple and ginger root....then add carrot,beet, kale and whatever other veggie I feel like. After it's blended I add a protein powder and a greens powder. It sticks with me.

from yesterday.....I overheard DH talking on the phone to his friend from his brain injury support group telling him about our new TV. He said, "IT's really great! It has all the most modern technology!" He looked at the box and said, "It even has WIFI, whatever that is". DH is not a computer guy!
Old 03-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #8  

Height: 5'1.5"

Good morning everyone...just checking in. I'm a little freaked out today. The tornado rumors are really flying! They always do around here, but this time people are taking them seriously. We had the sirens going off every day for weeks last year, have already had them go off this week with touch downs in other parts of the state so it looks like another active tornado season.

The Godfather is playing tonight, and we were planning on taking our daughter to see it. She has never seen it and neither of us have seen it on the big screen, so I was really looking forward to it. I guess it will depend on what the weather is doing.

Lexxis I had to laugh at your husband, I am the family IT and I have a few of those types, I love them, they always make me feel so appreciated! lol

Vermont you made me laugh too with your 'arsenal of shovels.' Shoveling is great exercise, too. At least I imagine it would be?

I committed to getting our new website launched early next week, which means I have to finish it. Only a few tweaks left to take care of. I have been working on this off and on for months so this is a pretty big deal for me!

Everyone have a great day and wish me luck, hoping I don't get spirited away!!
Old 03-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissusTaterHead View Post
Everyone have a great day and wish me luck, hoping I don't get spirited away!!
I sincerely hope the weather cooperates and that all stays quiet! Good luck, too, on your website.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #10  

Height: 5'1.5"

Thank you! There is a storm chaser camping out here from the weather channel. They just announced they're sending the kids home from school two hours early, and I am not a weather panicker but this is kind of scary!
Old 03-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I hope the storm misses you, MissusTaterHead, and that it's not as bad as predicted!
Closed Thread