LA Weight Loss - Friends and Losers March 2012

View Full Version : Friends and Losers March 2012

Mama Nicole
03-01-2012, 10:16 PM
What's up, Losers?

I am beginning to get settled into my new house...but I have sooooo much work to do. My mom has been here most of the time, and she now has a cold. The doc kind of scared her and told her that if she spikes a fever it could go really quick. I sure hope this isn't the end. I just got here, and I would really like just a few days with her.

My eating over the move was not great. I am up just a bit, a pound or so, but I did get right back OP yesterday. I hope my sclae shows a zero net gain....but I will try to get on here in the a.m. and let you all know.

I am so happy to see everyone is still actively posting and working hard. Keep it up girls :)
xoxo

aguerin
03-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Morning Ladies! Happy March. I'm finally a grandma. He is beautiful. Born March 1st.

This starts a whole new month for us. Re-didicate / commit to making good choices and sticking to plan. I myself will take a day here and there to reward myself just to breakup the monotany and keep my body guessing as to what I'm doing and that has seemed to work for me.

Nichole - Congrats on the Move. Hope your time spent with your Mother is awesome.

Dairly Fairy: Your trigger being Diet Mt. Dew is interesting to me. I would like to know what some of the triggers are for you other ladies.

JM: I too want something "sweet" after a meal. For some reason its like something is missing and I am still waiting on something and don't stop looking for it until I get it. I just have to get an orange or part of my protein bar to "curb" it. It works. It must be something "all in my head". Cause I can tell you for sure its not cause I am still hungry.

I still don't have an end goal weight in mind. Just tyring to be better to myself. Good Luck and Happy Losses this month.

tonimaroni2
03-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Hi!

This is my second day doing LAWL. I'm excited but I'm also nervous because my weight loss counselor didn't explain what I can/can't eat after I finish this 5 day plateau breaker. I've also done some reading and it doesn't seem like anybody else started LAWL with a plateau breaker. Let me know if I'm wrong!

Mama Nicole
03-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Congrats, Amy :). Being a Grandma is THE BEST!!!!! It definitely gives you great incentive to stay healthy :). I am sooo happy for you!!!!

My WI was good, and I was down a pound, so I am happy and motivated to keep it up. I went grocery shopping and I am set for a healthy weekend. I vow to lose 0.2 over the weekend again. It really seems to keep me on track to think of it that way.

JM....way to go staying strong...and how adorable is Josie?

Ok, must get something done today.........
xoxo

Dairy Fairy
03-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Nicole, I'm sure things will come off pretty quickly from the "move weight." I hope your mom is doing better today.

Amy: congrats on that grandbaby! What an exciting thing to be going on in your life!

My youngest has a fever with no other symptoms...over 102. I'm staying home with him this morning while my husband gives a speech on little league opening day (he's the local president). I wish I could hear him speak but I do not miss being in the craziness. Hopefully we can make Eli's game at 4. I'm in full scale allergy attack. I haven't weighed the last couple days but I'm still on plan.

Amy my other triggers are CEREAL. I cannot deal with certain cereals in the house (i'm looking at you cocoapuffs!). When I was young I came home to an empty house and being a kid all I could fix was cereal or fruit. Which do you think I chose??

Last night we wet to schlotzky's and I got the chicken ceasar salad. They bring this plate of chicken and lettuce to me and say "what kind of dressing do you want?" UMMMM...CEASAR!!! They didn't have it. I very sweetly said "well don't you think that would have been good information to have before you brought my food out?" I love going there because it is quiet but not the brightest employees. Everybody there is just a skosh off.

Everybody have a great weekend and stay on plan the best you can!

Dairy Fairy
03-03-2012, 09:43 AM
Toni- good luck with the plan. Stay prepared with your food purchases and don't be afraid to get creative with the way you put the foods on the list together.

Joni135
03-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Quick check in (I posted in February - DUH!!)
Nicole - just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you and all you have going on.......
I'm doing calorie counting using My Fitness Pal and trying to work out more....I really like MFP - so easy and it's amazing how quickly those calories add up.......
Too much technology and work is so busy - that's my excuse for limited posting. I wanted to see if Jillian was here - she looks amazing (STILL) on her facebook page!

tonimaroni2
03-05-2012, 12:19 AM
This is a quiet thread, hoping someone is still doing LAWL with me.

My official WI day isn't until Thursday, but after 4 days I've already lost 4 lbs!! I've been sticking to the plan very closely, except that I haven't been eating my midmorning starch because I'm always still full from breakfast.

Mama Nicole
03-05-2012, 01:25 AM
Joni....what is your myfitnesspal name?

Hi Toni :). This thread has been rather quiet.....but it goes in spurts.

aguerin
03-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Happy Monday Morning Ladies!

Nichole: Congrats on the WL and hope your Mom is doing well.

The weekend was crazy. The baby is still in the Hospital for observation. Nothing major, just being cautious I guess. New Parents are heartbroken, but I am trying to keep them calm.

DairyFairy: That is so funny. (i'm looking at you cocoapuffs!). I am past the temptation, but have just decided that a day or two a week I can take the day off and have a few indulges (creamer in my coffee, an extra Lite Yogurt, Reese Pieces at the Hospital cause I'm stressed, LOL).

I know this sounds like a whiner, but I'm not happy that my clothes are "baggin" on me now. I look like a homeless person and messy. I guess thats the reason for the indulges too. I'm not ready to buy more clothes, so I may be sabatoging my efforts. I will focous on changing that when things calm down.

I have to go to ATL this week for traing also so that may be pushing me backward.

Dairy Fairy
03-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Toni- what are you eating for breakfast that is keeping you full? 4 lbs is fantastic!

Y'all I measured today and I have lost 2 inches around my chest band and 2 inches on my waist! I tried on some of my pants that most recently fit and they didn't feel painfully tight around my thighs/hips. I'm really excited that I'm already seeing a change. I was down to 1 pair of jeans so even 1 more pair that fits is awesome for me.

Amy- Girl go buy yourself something that makes you look fabulous and show off your weight loss. DO NOT fall into my stretchy pants trap of growing to fill out my clothes. I'm sorry the baby is still under observation. It seems like they are more and more cautious about newborns. I hope it's just another case of CYA on the part of the doctors.

tonimaroni2
03-05-2012, 11:39 PM
Congratulations on the inches lost!! That's awesome, I would be ecstatic for 2 inches off my waist.

For breakfast i've been having my morning skinny stick drink, an LA Lite, and an apple. I don't normally eat breakfast this early so maybe that's why I'm getting full.

I start the 2 day takeoff tomorrow - looking forward to something new.

Dairy Fairy
03-06-2012, 09:04 AM
2 day takeoff? Prayers are with you. You WILL lose a bunch though!

I am excited because I got my period yesterday even though I never blew up on the scale. Maybe this means a big loss will come when the period leaves? In any case I am just glad it wasn't the cyst acting up. I should probably keep up with things better.

tonimaroni2
03-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Prayers are with me?? LOL What does that mean? I don't know if I should be nervous or excited!

mar
03-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Prayers are with me?? LOL What does that mean? I don't know if I should be nervous or excited!

Hi Toni, I read a post u wrote a few days ago about the bead diet. I started it on Sunday with a milk day and so far so good. R u doing it?

Mama Nicole
03-07-2012, 10:20 AM
ok.....so I took the day off yesterday. I tasted things like chocolate malts and marmallow eggs and crab rangoon and orange chicken....and I am over it, and I am OP today. I spent the day with my mom. She was having a good day, and we did whatever she liked. We even saw a bagpiper piping in his driveway, and just parked by the roadside to enjoy it :). It was a great day. I did choose unhealthy foods, but I didn't go insane with them. It was one of the best days :). I did not do my official WI today, and I will do it tomorrow. It just made no sense at all to bring myself down....I am quite certain the sclae gods would have tried to bring me down today. They ARE an evil group. So, today, it is simply a matter of putting one foot in front of the other and moving on. I will do my official weekly WI in the a.m. Till then....

tonimaroni2
03-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Mar - I'm not doing the bead diet anymore because I couldn't stick to it longer than a week at a time, just for lack of willpower. It does work though, VERY well. Just remember the first handful of pounds is water weight and it will come back on so you have to power through it the first few days to see real weight loss.

Nicole - It's awesome that you were able to indulge in those foods without going totally overboard. I can't do it - I had one piece of carrot cake last night and 2 more pieces later I felt like crap. :( My official weigh in is tomorrow too, so we should both able to recover from yesterday by then!

Hoochie
03-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Well I had a bad weekend with snacks at a party. I tried so hard but I gave in to temptation. I went to the gym and worked my butt off last night. I think guilt set in. I jumped on the scale this morning to see that I am actually down another half a pound from last week. Not much but at least its a loss!
I think part of it is that I have given up all soda pop.
I am looking forward to the weekend, no functions to go to. Just the gym and maybe some shopping!
Have a great day everyone! :)

Joan

slecompte
03-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Hi Ladies! I posted on the board a few days ago, but I know not many people read or post there anymore and thought I would join in here.

I am back to LAWL after many years. I successfully lost my 25ish lbs from having a baby then so I am determined to lose about 15 now.

I did TO Monday and Tuesday. I was SOOO happy to get back to more normal things yesterday! A power bar never tasted so good!

I did want to add, I have been using this week also my new BodyMedia Fit band (was called Bodybugg on Biggest Lower I think) and I LOVE this thing so far! Definitely worth the $$. Costo had it much cheaper than anywhere else. But for those that have thought about it, I would definitely say get it.

I would love to give support and help out where I can. I beleive once I get back to a routine, the plan should work again!

Thanks,
Sheila

tonimaroni2
03-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Hi Sheila, welcome back!

I had a major setback yesterday. It was my birthday and my boyfriend took me to see the movie The Vow and I overindulged on pop, chocolate, and popcorn. So I've been at the same weight for 3 days, even though I was doing 2 days of TakeOff. Back to plan today.

barri1970
03-08-2012, 12:43 PM
I seem to be struggling to gain control with LAWL this time. I keep flip floping between LAWL and WW. I always seem to be starving on WW though. I like the thought of being able to eat what I want but I never see the results like I do on LAWL. I am at a point in my life were I want to enjoy myself, my husband, my life and be able to have a few glasses of wine and not feel horrible about it the next day...

Any thoughts...

juliemarie
03-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Once you're at a point of maintaining--you should be able to indulge every once in a while without gaining or feeling bad. While you're losing you have to be more strict. The problem is that during maintenance we tend to let our guard down and go back to the way of eating that got us fat in the first place. It's hard--I think it's all about our mindset. If we think our "diet" or eating plan is tortuous or a punishment instead of a new way of eating forever-then we sabotage ourselves before we start.

Good luck. It takes a little soul-searching. But pick one plan and go with it-trying to merge the two may be too confusing.

aguerin
03-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Nicole: YOu take them days off and enjoy them with your mother. No use in stressing over things that are not gonna matter this time next week. There is always tomorrow on to be POP. Its good that you didn't over do it and BETTER that you didn't stress over it to the point it ruined your perfect day. I applaude you.

Barri: You have got to get off the fence and pick a side. It is messing with your progress. I find that when I can't gain control I am doing something (foodwise) that is triggering it. And to gain control. I usually do a take off or fast forward. For some reason that set of food strips the temptation out of my body and puts me back on track. Don't know why but it works for me.

Good Luck all. Been on travel. I will deal with its consiquences on Monday. Not to mention that when I arrived back home (really before) My DIL was put in hospital because of BP. So her and baby are here. I am staying with her aftger being gone a few days so that is stressing me out too. Pray she and he will get to go home on Friday. Baby may be a day or to longer, but he is a week old now and needs to be home with his mama.

Dairy Fairy
03-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Barri-I agree...you can't flip flop between the two. You can have wine on LAWL- 5 oz = 1 fruit if I remember right. You can only do that 3 times a week, though. It's like Beef in that you can have it but it will hinder your loss if you have it too much.

Toni- just start fresh tomorrow. That's all you can do...that and drink some hot lemon water and all your water for the day.

Amy- sorry about DIL and grandson. Hopefully they will be home together soon.

Well I have strep throat :( It sucks so bad. I actually didn't test positive for strep because the girl didn't get the swap back far enough...I was being a wimp. The doctor took one look and grimaced and gave me a double antibiotic. I'm not feeling like eating but I did just have a PBJ so I don't get sick on the antibiotic. Hopefully I will be back to normal tomorrow. Today I'm just eating what I can...no way I can eat all that I'm supposed to eat right now. I'm going to the farmer's market with the kids this week so I can load up on goodies there.

Dairy Fairy
03-11-2012, 01:00 PM
down to a total loss of 7.5 lbs now..the last 2 lbs or so thanks to the strep. would have rather lost the old fashioned way...BLECH.

tonimaroni2
03-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Mary - 7.5 lbs good job! A loss is a loss, whether strep is to blame or not. lol

I finally broke my 4 day plateau this morning, down 5.6 lbs total. I've found that even when I don't stick to my plan perfectly, my portions have become MUCH smaller since starting LAWL, which I guess is the point. Can't wait to be in a bikini this June!

aguerin
03-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Wow is it ever so slow in here. Where is everybody?

DIL is doing better. Came home Saturday. Little man in still in Hosp. Getting very frustrated with the staff. Not doing anything to make him better. Just waiting and watching. I can wait and watch hiim at home, but I don't want him to be sick. Just frustrated. Expecing Son to blow his top at any moment because they are not doing anything.

WL is non-existant for me the past 2 weeks. Probably due to the travel and stress of the hospital. I have found that no matter what food is my comfort when I can't control things. But today is a new day. I will get this "tiny" 3lb gain back down and then try to focus on losing a few more. Congrats to thos of you who are down some.

Tonimaroni2: I loved the sound of Bikini In June! That is an inspiration to stay focused. I intended to start walking Monday after time change, but went to the hospital instead. No excuses, just think he is more important right now.

Later Peeps!

RobynM
03-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Hi Ladies,

Just checking in after weeks of bad behavior :devil:

Nicole - keeping you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers.

Amy - same to you with your grandson.

I did well in January. Then a week + of work and vacation travel. Managed to maintain during that time without following any plan. Then I did okay for my first week back. And then, the stress of preparing to run a major event on 3/3, combined with helping at another on 2/25 just took control. So I've not even been on a scale since about Feb 10 and McDonald's has once again been my go to meal.

On the plus side (well, plus for me having a partner in crime), my hubby saw himself on the video from one of the events and decided to start LAWL with me this week. But, that's even more prep work before leaving the house each morning. Oh well, just one week and then it's off on another trip. But Monday March 26 will be the next "new beginning" for us. :D

Figured I'd drop in and say hello, even though it's been a few weeks.

If not sooner, I'll be back full tilt on March 26.

Take care everyone!!!

Mama Nicole
03-14-2012, 01:09 PM
Hi friends :).

Sorry I have been such an a hole about posting. I have been doing my WI's and I am only down 0.4 lbs this week, but I am good with that. The downward trend is where I am at. I guess I am finally old enough to accept that :).

Things have been good around here....busy, but good. My mom got a couple of blood transfusions last week, and that has really helped her to have more energy. She has bronchitis now, and that is kind of scary, but so far, no fever. I helped her clean out her office yesterday, and then we went to this quaint (sp) little irish steak house downtown. It was super yummy, and I behaved...yay me ;). Anywhoo, she is here with me now, so I am going to keep this brief.

but, I do want to say....all of you who are working hard...keep it up. those of you who have been slackers....get over it and get to work. I will check in soon.
xoxo

tonimaroni2
03-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Nicole - glad to see you checking in and doing well. :)

I'm so pissed today! I've been sooo good, perfectly on plan for a week since my birthday mishap, and I've only lost .8! This is only my second week, shouldn't I still be losing 2 lbs a week??? I feel like I'm working really hard for nothing.

aguerin
03-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Toni: Easy for me to say, but not for me to hear, But focus on the lifestyle change and not the scale. I've been where you are and yes we want the results equivalent to our efforts, but sometimes just being dilligent will get you to where you are going. Don't give up and maybe what you didn't see this week will show up in force next week. Its happened and you are worth it.

Nichole Glad your mother does not have a fever with her bronchitis.

Robyn: Move forward and put the stress week behind you. I know how you feel. I don't do well when I travel either. You get caught out in places where you cannot get your hands on the kinds of food you need at the time you need it and you end up scarfing down what ever you can find.

Granson came home yesterday after 13 days in the hospital. He is a real cutie.

No WL to post. Still just trying to maintain with so much going on. HOpefully will get back on track to drop a few more in the next few days. This weather should be a real motivator. Its been 80 degrees here and the shorts are callin my name. :o)

Dairy Fairy
03-15-2012, 09:40 PM
I had a huge thing typed up to people individually and my screen froze -argh.
Robyn- make the hubby do his own journal. Mine wants me to fill out his journal and pack all his lunch and stuff when I do LAWL but it is too much. I told him he has to be accountable for himself cuz he's grown. Supporting each other is good...but if yours is like mine don't do it!

Toni- you can lose 2 lbs a week on plan but you actually aren't that big. You might find it hard to pull in the numbers a person over 200 or 300 can. 26 lbs from goal weight is great. Also you need to look at your overall loss over time. I used to keep a record and when I had a week like you I would average it up and find I was still losing an average of 2 pounds a week but some weeks it might be 3 or 5 lbs and some weeks 1/2 pound. A lot of that revolved around my period or reaching a "set weight" of mine. Try to look at the BIG picture of how much you are losing a week...not neccessarily each time you step on the scale.

Amy I hope the grandbaby and your son/DIL are doing well!
Nicole- glad to hear the good news.

tonimaroni2
03-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Thanks everyone. My weight loss counselor told me yesterday that if I have 2 of the laughing cow cheeses it counts as 1 dairy, but if I have 3 of them, it counts as a protein. This might be a really dumb question but can I have 2 of them as a dairy for one meal and three of them later as a protein for another meal?? I suppose that's too many but I didn't think to ask her yesterday. I would eat cheese on everything if I could!!

lbrecycler
03-18-2012, 06:56 PM
So, I try not to say this often in life, but I want to be a loser too!

Introduction: I'm hopping back on LAWL plan afer losing 35 lbs on it 4 years ago. 15 of those lbs have crept back on, and they need to go! The center I went to closed, so I'm hoping that posting on the boards here and sharing experiences will help with accountability.

If you need LAWL info, I have most of my old materials from when I was going to the center.

I'm starting with Fast Forward tomorrow, so I am going to start preparing my goodies for the next two days. Wish me luck!

Sabriel23
03-18-2012, 11:55 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new here, so this'll be an introduction post. I hope this is an okay spot, it doesn't look like anyone has used the bio thread for a very long time...
My name is Miranda, I'm 22 years old, and have just started the Quick Burn phase on LA weight loss 2 days ago. I was introduced to LA weight loss by these videos I came across on YouTube. I can't post links yet, but if you do a search for Kristine0002 on YouTube, you can see what I'm talking about. I watched her videos from the beginning, and decided this is what I need to do right now. I have been unhappy about my weight all throughout my teens, and put on about 40 pounds over the past 2 1/2 years after adopting a much more sedentary lifestyle after moving to a different town. Trying to watch what I eat or just go to the gym hasn't been enough to cause a real lifestyle change, so hopefully a good structured diet plan can.
I found this board after doing a search for LA Lite alternatives, and have been really impressed by the wealth of knowledge created by you posters, and how helpful and supportive you are. I'd love to be a part of this board, and learn from benefit of all the experience that's here. I purchased a LAWL plan on eBay, which has all of the paper information, but lacks having a counselor to consult with about further questions. I'm super excited to have found this board, and hope to keep posting here across this weight loss journey!
:D

juliemarie
03-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Welcome Miranda and lbrecylcer! This group tends to go in spurts but most of the action is in this thread.

Toni-as for anything, think moderation. Technically, yes-you could use the cheese as both protein and dairy in one day. But if your weight loss slows, maybe ease up on the cheese. Believe me-I'm a cheese lover too! But there's more protein in chicken, eggs, turkey etc . . ..

Dairy Fairy
03-19-2012, 02:38 PM
Toni I would stay away from three LC a day anyway. They are WAY WAY too salty. I'd do string cheese or buy the pre-sliced real cheeses. They do sell light versions.

lbrecycler and sabrel- welcome to the board!

I slipped up a little this weekend. I had my 10 year wedding anniversary. I was good all day Friday but my husband took me to a super fancy place and I ate 2 kobe beef potstickers, 1/3 of a chicken, pasta, & cream sauce entree, and 1/2 of a piece of carrot cake. I guess 1 meal on your 10 year anniversary date is not horrible but I ate the rest of the entree for breakfast the next day and then had a yard sale and didn't eat again until 1 or 2 in the afternoon and then for late lunch and supper had 2 fast food meals- not mega meals but BAD FOOD. I was starved after not eating anything from 5 am until 1 pm. I also had a bad day Sunday.

MOVING ON!
Not weighing today but I am on plan again. I have to get to the grocery store tomorrow and plan well for the week coming up but I ran in to target today to get me some things to help get me on track and finish this day strong. I'll weigh in after a few days POP so I don't get discouraged. I'm sure I'm up some and I don't need to be reminded :)

Hoochie
03-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Well I am one of those slackers that hasnt been on here lately. I have been so busy! I am still working out regularly at the gym but my eating has been kinda the pitts. I havent weighed myself for a couple of weeks because I am not feeling good about my belly fat.
I am going to California next week to visit my parents so once I get back, I need to get my butt in gear and meal plan.
Have a great day everyone

Joan

lbrecycler
03-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Hey there- just checking in!

Almost done with my 2nd day of Fast Forward. Still no feathers nor beak sprouting like I'd thought with all the poultry products I've eaten. I need to look through my old LAWL cookbook for ideas on what to do with chicken breast. A store here in town had ckn breast 1.39/lb for boneless/skinless. My wallet was happy.

After reading the recent posts, it's hitting home that planning ahead is the key. I'm trying to plan out the meals for the next couple weeks so I don't have an excuse not to follow.

Hope the weather for everyone else is as lovely as it is here in Midwest. Going to walk outdoors again tonight and make use of it!

Sabriel23
03-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcomes!
On the progress front, I finished a 3 day day Quick Burn using Hollywood 48 Hour Miracle Diet as a substitute for the Quick Burn Juice ( as per the counterfeit plan recommendations), and lost 8 pounds! Wow! I'm super excited about weight loss now, and lurking around forums is helping keep this in the forefront of my mind, so hopefully it won't start to get dull or fizz out anytime soon.
Like ibrecycler said, I also saw a LOT of posts regarding the importance of planning, so I've been planning the last couple of days ahead, and preparing all the food ahead of time. 5 days out of the week I'm away from home from noon to later evening, so I have to be able to have my lunches, dinners, and snacks all set up to avoid copping out and getting fast food.

Thanks again for the support everyone, this board is such a fabulous resource.

Dairy Fairy
03-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Sabriel- it also helps to stock your pantry with things to help get you through. I always have coffee (the heat makes my tummy feel satisfied after something cold like a salad) and I always have some sugar free gum in the purse in case I get very tempted to snack. I also have meals picked out at the restaurants we go to that I know I will order if we go there. Some restaurants should be avoided altogether...like the bbq place that brings you a free scoop of bluebell after your meal on Sunday! That tripped me up bigtime.

I made those peanut butter "cupboard cookies" yesterday. I got a bag of brown sugar baking sweetener (calorie free) on clearance for $1 at kroger so I added in the pb, eggs, and vanilla. I froze most of it but I did make a batch for the kids last night and I threw 2 cookies for their lunch. I am torn because I'm sending cookies but it has more protein and less starch than a PBJ. I think I'll make it an occasional lunch treat. I had my first this morning as my breakfast 1/2 protein. It was not as good as I remember, but ok.

I'm a little bummed because on the sports board I go to read 2 members died this month. One we didn't find out til a month later. Makes me wonder who we have lost here over the years. Sorry for the depressing reminder!

tonimaroni2
03-22-2012, 04:44 PM
After three weeks and 6 lbs lost I've completely stalled. I've been really good. REALLY REALLY good, with portions, sodium, sugar, everything. I haven't budged for over a week, I don't get it. TOM isn't even close. It's frustrating to work so hard on dieting for this long to stop seeing results. This is the longest I've ever been able to stick with one diet and the fact that it's not doing anything for me anymore is making it so hard to stay motivated.

On a side note, I've been eating high fiber veggies and drinking a ton of water - like more than 3 liters a day, and still can't have a BM unless I take a laxative. (For a month now!!)

juliemarie
03-22-2012, 05:22 PM
Toni-do you think maybe you need to move down a plan? Also-sometimes our body needs a shakeup with varying calorie levels. I think our body gets used to having about the same calorie level every day and can get "lazy". Maybe add an extra starch and/or fat portion tomorrow and then go back to plan the next day and see if your body responds. It's funny-before when I would stall on plan, I'd get frustrated and go off-plan (usually WAY off!) and would be rewarded with a loss.

Or, maybe you need to go to a lower plan . . .

tonimaroni2
03-22-2012, 05:38 PM
Julie - My weight loss counselor said I'll move to the next lower plan when I get to 150, which is only a couple pounds so you're probably right. I think I'm going to do TakeOff tomorrow and switch to the lower plan when that's finished. I was supposed to do TakeOff yesterday and today but it's my bf's birthday so I'm off plan to accommodate his birthday dinner. Also, maybe being off plan today will help like you said.

Mama Nicole
03-23-2012, 09:57 AM
hi friends.
I have been one busy girl, and I am not very happy to report that I am at somewhat of a stall. I keep bouncing between 219 and 221. I have had a few slip ups, but by no means any type of binge. I am going to focus on getting more water in and maybe, just maybe, a walk or two. I will keep you posted.

Hello to our new friends :)

Dairy Fairy
03-23-2012, 10:35 AM
I have gone back up to pre strep weight...over that. I am hoping it is just my period coming or something but it is so frustrating to me. I have the willpower to do anything when I am losing good but if I don't see results that is when things get really tough for me. I am going to stay away from the scale, drink lots of water, and try to do the best I can for the next few days.

Toni, do you drink coffee? It has a thing in it that gets your peristalsis going and for me it makes me poop within an hour reliably. Unfortunately I am not drinking it to poop...just a nasty side effect for me!

Cecilia I might do a takeoff with you but I really really hate it. Depends on if I lose by Monday or not. I have the Easter Challenge so if I am not looking close to my goal then I might have to step it up.

NewLifeNewMe
03-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Hi everyone - The last time I was here I managed to meet my goal: lose 21lbs by my birthday. I began around this time last year and it took me 3 months but the support that I got through this site was invaluable. Life took over, various health and family issues and I got off the plan - but I've managed to maintain my weight thank God (up 2 down 2, you know what I mean). I'm much healthier now but not quite where I'd like to be - So I'm back, trying to lose another 20lbs and still trying to quit smoking. I've never been skinny but I remember feeling great at 142lbs. Good to see all the familiar names and faces again!! Wish me luck y'all! :)

NewLifeNewMe
03-26-2012, 07:34 AM
Lost 1lb since Saturday - Woohoo!!!! Where is everybody

juliemarie
03-26-2012, 02:19 PM
weekends are always quiet! Congrats on the loss! I'm also down over the weekend! And it's pretty nice today-hoping to resume jogging. The weather has been really wet and rainy and I don't jog in the rain!

Mama Nicole
03-26-2012, 03:25 PM
217!!!!!!!!

tonimaroni2
03-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Congratulations you guys! It's good to see the chatter and successes starting back up again. I did my two day takeoff and started plateau breaker again and FINALLY dropped a pound. Good timing too because I was about to just quit.

I can't wait for summer and the thought of feeling that much slimmer when it's blazing hot outside keeps me motivated.

Dairy Fairy
03-26-2012, 08:44 PM
I am thinking of moving my ticker back up. I regained some weight ater the bout with strep. Ugh. Will just keep trucking and see how it goes for a few more days. So frustrated.

I have been cleaning and preparing for this weekend...we are going to go get a new puppy...our second scottie. Our first died in December and my kids have been heartbroken. Hopefully having a dog again will get me moving more.

congrats on the losses everybody!

aguerin
03-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Hello Ladies! Good to see the losses this month.

Life is a speedway for me right now. Still staying focused though. No losses to report.

I have started to walk a wee bit though so that should help. I am loving this March 80 degree weather in Alabama!

CeciliaAnn
03-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Sorry quick stop in!! I am down to 218!!! EVEN!! Whoop! I am hoping to be down to 213 by Easter.. for our Easter challenge! Nicole I saw your update! Great job!! Hope all is well with everyone!!

NewLifeNewMe
03-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Juliemarieeeee :) you answered sooo many of my questions last time - I'll never thank you enough. I'm with you... who wants to go for a jog and catch a cold?

Nicole, you're in my thought and prayers - I'm really impressed that you're still on plan and shedding pounds. Congratulations everyone on your efforts. tonimaroni, send some of that willpower dust my way!

In weird news, I was diagnosed with acute gatritis this morning - apparently the lining of your stomach wears away due to things like aspirin, spicy foods etc (not at all what I thought it was, duh) - painful. The downside is that I'll have to throw out all the spicy stuff that I prepared and froze last week-end. The upside is that I've been afraid to eat the last couple of days :carrot: Lol

lacorso
03-29-2012, 11:12 AM
Hi everyone..i am glad to see that LAWL thread is still kicking, I am starting back on my plan today after years off..i am now at my heaviest that I have been in years and hope that support for this fine group will help keep me motivated and on track so that I can be healthy and beautiful for my wedding....I would also be happy to help you all any way I can also...
Thanks!

aguerin
03-30-2012, 09:21 AM
Hi Ladies! TGIF.

No Losses to report for me. I've been slacking, but thats ok. I did break down and buy me some smaller dress pants so I feel better about myself in my clothes. Going to try to stay focused over the weekend and make good choices. I think I've been stress eating for a day or so and I have to get back on track to eating the good stuff.

Good Luck on your challenges.

tonimaroni2
03-30-2012, 12:29 PM
I've been stress eating too!! I had a DOT audit, it was miserable!! Focusing on having a good weekend! 2 more lbs and I'll be in back in the 140's.

NewLifeNewMe
03-31-2012, 10:41 AM
160 today :dance::carrot::dance:
Happy week-end everyone!

Sabriel23
04-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Dairy- thanks for the tips! I've been meaning to put together a list of safe bets at frequent restaurants or fast food joints, because I've been stuck in a couple predicaments already :/
And the gum is a wonderful idea! I'm also packing Crystal Light packets to appease juice or soda cravings.

On a progress front, I've been derailed a bit this past 2 weeks. Funeral last weekend, moving this weekend, but trying to get back on track and maybe do a quickburn soon to really start it off on the right track.

And I'm not sure if this is the right thread for general questions, but I've been curious about the salt bans on LAWL. Is it for general health, or does consuming less salt really aid in the weight loss process? I'm a salt fiend, and having a hard time eating my vegetables without liberal amounts.

juliemarie
04-02-2012, 12:37 PM
NewLife-WTG!

Sabriel-besides the BP issue for some-salt aids in water retention. I wouldn't worry too much about what you're putting on your veggies-though you might want to try the lite salt (potassium chloride-morton sells one) to see if you like it. Sodium in processed foods though is really high and just something to watch out for. A little lemon in your water can help flush out water from your body. . . . esp if it's warm. Seriously-warm lemon water. We all swear by it! :)

Gotta run-but I hope you all have a fabulous Monday!

tonimaroni2
04-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Hey all - I've been quietly watching the thread, but haven't had any good losses to report. I've been trying desperately to break into the 140's, and after being completely off plan for 4 days I'm feeling refreshed and more motivated to get there. This morning I weighed in at 150.6 so I'm so close.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Raelynn Prandini
07-23-2014, 02:49 AM
I am new to this site and was a former LAWL employee...Only for a few months before being called back by a previous employer. I dropped weight so quickly! I was astonished at my weigh-ins. I will be off work for a bit and this morning I woke up remembering the success I had with the program. So today I dove right in with (not so fun for me) TO except I am using a large orange. I will stay in my room until I get started on my gold plan. I must say I am running non-stop to the rest room with a very full bladder. I do the hot lemon water as well which I learned, as a former employee, keeps water retention to a minimum. I am hoping for the same success as last time. :-) This morning I went to smartsaver and purchased LA Weight Loss Plan + Bonus E-Book Attached for 19.99. It has all of the plans and everything you need to do this program as accurately as possible.