Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Default March binge-free challenge!

Here we are, trying not to resort to food when we are not hungry, not to abuse our bodies with unhealthy food, and not to sneak-eat...
Let's read about this, and learn about ourselves at the same time: http://blogs.webmd.com/pamela-peeke-...ak-eating.html
Good luck, everybody! Stay healthy!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Today is day 2! I already feel better about myself.

Inglesita, thanks for posting the March thread, and for posting the article from WebMD. I like the part about focusing on my strengths. I always seem to forget those, when I'm not being as perfect as I want to be. It's too easy to look at overeating/bingeing as being a failure. I know we all have great strengths.

Here's to a great, healthy day! Good luck, everyone!
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

So glad it's a new month Last month was a period of adjustment to my new healthy habits...not was not SO focused on being binge-free; but this month I will focus on that. I need to learn the difference between overeating and binging (for me, overeating ALWAYS turns into a binge). If i overeat 1-2 times per week, that is FINE. Eating 2500 calories in a day is TOTALLY FINE. Just no binging. Thanks to everyone here for the support!
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #4  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the article, inglesita! It was an interesting read for sure- and thanks for getting us started for march!

Tyla- I am also on day 2 and feel 100% better- I think we focus so much on trying to remember how terrible we feel when we binge- and use that as motivation, but let's hang on to this feeling of how GREAT we feel when we fuel our bodies with what they need? already after just two days back on track, I feel happier, my outlook on life is better... I have more energy. This is how I want to feel every day.

Surfergirl- it feels good to be in a new month huh? It's a fresh start for all of us! How amazing would it feel to go an entire month without going nuts and losing control? Let's do it!!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #5  

Today is day one! It went great, but I always have fantastic days after a binge. This is my first time doing the challenge. I gave up my binge foods completely for lent (I gave up sweets, which covers most of it save for nuts and peanut butter) so I am feeling great about March!

For some reason I have so much control when I say no to something and am accountable to more than my waist line. When I had to slim down for a wedding I went 4 months binge free. Lent is always a good time, as well. I am hoping this thread will give me the same motivation.
Kissbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #6  

It is great to find you all again here!!! We will make it happen, you'll see... I read that to binge is to repeatedly overeat, doing it more that twice a week. So, one slip here or there is not that terrible! We need to learn to stop when we can, rather that eat till we feel sick or guilty. Eating just a piece of chocolate and leave the rest for the following day, that is success to us. So, to a healthy March!
Old 03-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #7  

Day 3, and I feel GREAT! It's funny how a couple of days under the belt gives one more energy and motivation.

Surfergirl, I agree! I'm so happy it's a new month and a fresh start. I shall be more focused and in control, too. Love that feeling! It makes me feel so successful and confident.

Danzingurl, I want to make it binge-free for the entire month, also. Let's make it happen! By the way, do you practice dancing everyday? Do you still take dance classes? I'm so looking forward to you making to Las Vegas and beyond next year! Visualize winning! Third time's a charm! Right?! Best of luck to you!!

Kissbeth, Lent is a good motivator for me, too. Imagine how disappointed I was when I wasn't 100% after Ash Wednesday this year. Well, now we can move forward. It's never too late to abstain from stupidity! Let's do this together.

Inglesita, I didn't know that overeating excessively more than 2ce a week was a binge. I have gone months without going out of my calorie range. Maybe I'm too hard on myself. The only problem is that when I do overeat, the scale reflects that!! For me, it's easy to gain, and much harder to lose.

Have a great weekend, Everyone!!

Last edited by tyla; 03-02-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #8  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Kissbeth- it's a lot easier for me when I have something other than the scal as a motivator too! Even being part of the binge-free challenge helps me a lot good luck with your goals!

Missunshine- thanks! I used to dance every day, now I teach everyday, do I dance a little to demonstrate but it's definitely not the same- thanks for the good vibes though! I've actually found a company near my hometown that I'm planning on auditioning for, so I'll get back into classes every day- yay! and I'm excited that we're going to have a great march together ;-)

Inglesita- Thats such a good thought to keep in mind and is sometimes so hard! But it's true that we need to remember that one "bad food" doesn't mean our plan is ruined... It's just so hard sometimes!!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #9  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5´4.5

I was in this thread last month and did really well. Yesterday and today were really hard days from me. I kept in control yesterday but lost it today. My mind took over and I was almost crying in the kitchen as I was dipping spoonfuls of peanut butter into the chocolate cereal bag.......I know I have changed because before after a binge or bad day I would give up on my dieting for awile and go back to unhealthy ways. But now, I shrugged it off as a moment of not having control and tomorrow is a new day where I will be about practicing for my marathon!
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:51 AM   #10  

I'm so happy I've been back in control for 4 days now. Let's make the weekend a great one. Loving March!

Danzingurl, good luck with your new auditon. Now that's a great motivator to stay on track!

lovemydoggies, congrats on getting right back on track. Not always easy to do! You live in Spain? How is the weather?

Let's continue to stay strong!
Old 03-03-2012, 10:58 AM   #11  

I think that if we sometimes slip but then go immediately back to our plan, we will eventually slip less, because our self-control will be stronger. Don't forget to stop for a while to think about the reasons why you slipped, and take provisions to behave differently the following time you feel that way.
Yesterday I DID overeat: I had steak (with bacon) and saltimbocca, which is a fried vegetable dish, and then chocolate mousse with nuts... That was a special lunch (quite special) with a friend... But my idea was not to eat again till I was hungry, so I did not snack or dine. Today I was hungry for breakfast, so I had some whole wheat crackers and tea, and back on track. I did not weigh in --not stupid, right?-- but I don't think I put on weight for that lunch... What I like about what is going on is that it was very easy to get back on plan after that chocolate mousse... Some time ago I would have continued eating at home till I burst!
Old 03-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #12  

Managed to get through one day of the weekend without binging! Just two more days (long weekend for me)!
Old 03-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #13  

OMG, I am sooo hungry! LOL! I have to get to dinner time in control! I have quite a lot of cals left, but there's also a lot of trigger food in the house because my eldest DS (25) is visiting and he has a sweet tooth, so I always buy him some treats. I haven't even looked at the pastries and the cake, but I cannot wait for him to come and eat something, so I can freeze the rest. I know that if I just smell that cake, I will eat everything I bought for him. This is the moment when I feel like praying for strength... But I'll make it, I just have to struggle four more hours till dinner time (tuna and tomatoes).
Old 03-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #14  
Warrior Princess

S/C/G: 355/299/175

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by inglesita64 View Post
Here we are, trying not to resort to food when we are not hungry, not to abuse our bodies with unhealthy food, and not to sneak-eat...
Let's read about this, and learn about ourselves at the same time: http://blogs.webmd.com/pamela-peeke-...ak-eating.html
Good luck, everybody! Stay healthy!
I'm joining a few days late - but I need to be a part of this. Man, that article actual brought me to tears, which makes me feel a little silly, but it captured a lot of my demons so perfectly. I am committed to examining the reasons why I binge, and March is going to binge-free for me from here on out. Thank you for starting this thread.
Bridget Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:18 PM   #15  

Did you make it through the day inglesita? I made it through today binge free! Ate some salty food though so I'm massively bloated, yuck!!