Fitness Videos - Walk Away the Pounds MARCH 2012

View Full Version : Walk Away the Pounds MARCH 2012

cathyxxx
03-01-2012, 07:59 AM
:encore: HEY GANG ... IT'S MARCH ALREADY!!! :encore:

I just did 2 miles. I used The Big Burn.

what's everybody doing today? hope it's a great :running: day!

umimar
03-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Hi cathy, here's the info about the calories burned with the HRM: I did the 5 mile walk with it and I burned 583 calories (weighing 191 lb. and 5'7") So know you guys can get an idea of how intense it can be.
Waking up here, hopefully I'll walk my miles this evening after work.
Have a great one!

AnnieDrews
03-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Happy March! Come on spring!!

I slept in this morning and did not exercise. I'd like to say I will get one in this evening after work, but I really need to clean my house. If I move fast enough, that will definitely burn some calories.:D

carolr3639
03-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Just got a one mile done this morning.

umimar
03-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Hi girls, happy March 1st! another 5 mile walk here.
Carol, 1 mile is better than nothing! and I am sure you keep on moving through the rest of the day, so every step is one more under your belt!

carolr3639
03-02-2012, 12:09 AM
Managed to do 2 more miles with weights.

umimar
03-02-2012, 12:14 AM
good job, Carol!

AnnieDrews
03-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Did 4 Fast Miles!!!! With resistance band.:carrot:

yhahmd
03-02-2012, 02:32 PM
My 30 day shred DVD is being a butt right now, so I decided to try WATP. I found a few vids on youtube and WOW. I'm actually sweating! This looks like something I could really get into. I sweat, and feel like I got some exercise, but I'm not lightheaded like I normally am after a work out.

The first vid wasn't complete so I only got about 1 1/2 mile done.
The second vid was the "walk away the pounds: abs" and I did 3 miles with it.
It's 6:56pm and I just finished up the first incomplete vid I did earlier, so 1 1/2 mile at 25 min and I am DONE for the night!

All in all I did about 5 1/2 miles today.

I'm really digging this. So, hey, I'm gonna just move on in and get a little comfy here, hope no one minds...:D

sotypical
03-03-2012, 01:04 AM
I am missing a few days. Been so busy. No video or walking today - way too tired and slept terrible. Taking the night off for myself - I know I need it, but I still feel guilty. Hate that feeling.

But yesterday I did the 3 Fast Miles and a extra 10 minutes and the day before I did Walk Strong (using the hand weights the whole time) with an extra 10 minutes. The Walk Strong was a great workout, I think I will be doing that one a little more often.

Looks like everyone is off to a great start this month! WTG!

umimar
03-03-2012, 01:53 AM
Sometimes is hard to save that hour to walk! I was doing my walking watching tv today. I didn't have the energy to do the regular video. It's good to see you guys are walking, though. Keeps me motivated :)

Liliann
03-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Hello fellow walkers!! I am so glad that this thread still going strong..Last month was walking on using my pedometer..but now switched to Leslie's video!!

Friday evening, did 2 miles, 30 min, high calorie burn video..no weights!!

Enjoy your weekend and everyone is doing Fantastic!! Weigh to go!!!

yhahmd
03-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Do any of you remember how you felt after your first WATP? Because my back and sides are KILLING me and I didn't even use any weights lol. My legs are actually fine though.

umimar
03-03-2012, 01:45 PM
5 mile done today.
Yhahmd, did you stretch after? It's important.

yhahmd
03-03-2012, 01:48 PM
5 mile done today.
Yhahmd, did you stretch after? It's important.

I most definitely did. Maybe not long enough, though.

I'm not painfully sore, but it's definitely there. I'm just so surprised the upper half of me is sore, when the bottom half isn't at all.

Congrats on the 5 miles btw!

ETA:

1 1/2 mile done with the two 10 minute express clips on youtube, spent the last 10 minutes in front of the TV doing my own thing, so 2 miles done in 30 min. Done for the day!...maybe.

Liliann
03-03-2012, 06:09 PM
@umimar...Great job on your 5 miles!!

Did 2 miles, high calorie burn video,no weights!!

sotypical
03-03-2012, 07:57 PM
yhahmd - my upper half gets sore sometimes too. I think it is totally normally.

BTW - I NEVER stretch haha.

Today I did:

2 mile fast start
2 mile brisk walk
1 milk easy walk

After that my fitbit says 6.5 miles so I walked in place for a few minutes (during the stretching of the last video haha) until it said 7 miles.

carolr3639
03-04-2012, 07:54 AM
I just don't get sore with WATP. Maybe that's why I stick with it.

umimar
03-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Another 5 mile walk here. How's everybody doing today?

yhahmd
03-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Well, found out why I'm sore--TOM. Also, pretty sure I have acute tonsilitis. Fun. Too damn bad. I'm still exercising. I lost a week of exercise and not being able to eat to this effer the first time, not gonna let it happen again.

just finished 2 miles

patchworkpenguin
03-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Pardon me for butting in but I found Leslie's new 5 Day workout at Target for $13. Its not supposed to be released until the end of March. Thought you might be interested.

cathyxxx
03-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Penquin- you are not butting in at all. I will RUN to my target to see if they have it, but our area is usually the last to get anything :( I have it preordered at Amazon but that won't get here til the end of the month.

I did 2 miles this morning. I used the AHA Start Walking at Home dvd.

hope everybody has a great :running: day!
later gaters :wave:

cathyxxx
03-05-2012, 10:23 AM
Penquin - I just want to be sure... the one you found is called "Just Walk - Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan"???

AnnieDrews
03-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Hi everyone! Glad to see everyone getting so much walking in!

I meant to work out over the weekend, but just didn't get it done.

I was back to it this morning with the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk. Used one pound weights. My right shoulder is still giving me issues. I really want to work on my arms, but I don't want to irritate it any more.

yhahmd-It may have been the extra ab work you did with your DVD the other day that had you aching. Hope your feeling better!!

Hi Penguin!!!!

patchworkpenguin
03-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Cathy, http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/leslie-sansones-ultimate-5-day-walk-plan-6155 This is the one! I was really surprised but in the past have found some The Firm DVDs on the shelves before they were scheduled to be released.

Annie, glad to see you! Sorry to hear about your shoulder issues, are your knees still giving you problems?

cathyxxx
03-05-2012, 01:39 PM
yep that's the one Penguin! that is awesome! maybe I can find it around here :) have you got to try it yet?

patchworkpenguin
03-05-2012, 02:03 PM
I have 3 miles planned for today. Leslie has named the miles Blue, Yellow, Red, Green and Purple by the color of the backgrounders shirts so I'll probably do red, green and purple just because I like those colors best. Might do some of the strength sections too, but today is usually just cardio.

yhahmd
03-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Once this snow starts to melt I'm gonna run to the store and see if I can find the new DVD. I'm doing the Ab work out and...the other one I don't know the name, but they're in pink tank tops and using that purple stretchy band, it's just labeled 2 brisk miles. That's all I've been doing because the weather has been terrible, I'm wondering does anyone know what else I can throw in there with the cardio? I can't really think of anything but lifting weights, and to me, lifting weights is a 5 minute thing, I can't seem to get into it enough to make it last.

Any idea how I can introduce some strength training or something for the between days so I'm not doing all cardio all the time? Maybe a pilates tape?

carolr3639
03-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Leslie has lots of strength videos.

yhahmd
03-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Leslie has lots of strength videos.

I'm dead broke right now, though, so only trying to use the videos I already have. :(

patchworkpenguin
03-05-2012, 05:19 PM
I did 3 miles from Leslie's Ultimate 5 Day; Red, Green, and Purple miles {named according to the backgrounders shirt color}, abs and stretch ~ 50min. Nothing revolutionary here but I thought it was fun. I don't usually pay a lot of attention to the music but I thought it was all new {was that Barry White in the green mile?:D}. New to me moves were grapevine with a kickback, arms 'up, side, DOWN, and side', and the 'mambo combo' {front, back, side, back}. No jogging in those 3 miles, but the green mile started out in a grapevine after a few walks to catch the beat. I was surprised there was no cooldown before we hit the floor for the abs {my HR was 130}, but the CD played after the stretch?? Abs wasn't very hard {to me} we did bent knee lifts, crunches, half a Pilates hundred, and some bike, I thought it could have been longer. The stretch is preformed on the back, I wasn't thrilled with this one either, 'hug the knee' both sides, lay bent knees to each side, arms overhead with feet flexed, arms out to side than raised over chest, back to hug/knee, then to straight leg for hamstrings, flex foot. Hope that makes sense.

yhahmd
03-05-2012, 06:48 PM
How are those new moves? Confusing at all? The pilates 100 is insanity, lucky you only had to do half! haha

Today I did 19 minutes of pilates, 42 of tae bo, and ended up with 1 & 1/2 miles after dinner.

patchworkpenguin
03-05-2012, 07:11 PM
I get confused easily:dizzy:, which is one of the reasons I love Leslie, but I was able to do them all, Leslie goes right into most of them but chants along with the moves as she does them "front, back, side, back", which is a big help to me.

Do you have Netflix? They have workouts, too!

yhahmd
03-05-2012, 07:15 PM
I get confused easily:dizzy:, which is one of the reasons I love Leslie, but I was able to do them all, Leslie goes right into most of them but chants along with the moves as she does them "front, back, side, back", which is a big help to me.

Do you have Netflix? They have workouts, too!

They do!? I had no idea. I know I have something called Exercise TV where I can get quick 10 minute work outs and stuff, but had no idea about what you said. I can't get it on my TV, but I can get it on my computer. I had no clue! I'm gonna take advantedge of that while I still have Netflix, awesome! Thanks for letting me know!

carolr3639
03-05-2012, 08:33 PM
There are a few workouts on youtube.

patchworkpenguin
03-05-2012, 08:36 PM
I know I have something called Exercise TV

you might want to check again. Last I heard ETV was no longer on On Demand on the TV. The website might still be there, but I can't work out in the office on the computer.

umimar
03-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Hi everybody, 5 miles here. I was wondering if anybody has had a chance to preview the new Leslie Sansone video, the one that somebody had seen at Target before it was officially released...

cathyxxx
03-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Penquin... Thanks for the info on the DVD!
Thanks, cathy

patchworkpenguin
03-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Hi everybody, 5 miles here. I was wondering if anybody has had a chance to preview the new Leslie Sansone video, the one that somebody had seen at Target before it was officially released...

First post on this page. I'm planning on doing the other 2 miles tomorrow and more toning.

cathyxxx
03-06-2012, 02:36 PM
hey gang... I did 2 miles this morning. I used the Walk Slim Fast Walk 2 mile.

yhahmd
03-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Changed my mind, did 3 miles today! Really sore in the stomach area from Tae bo and pilates yesterday. But I lost 3 lb! yay.

patchworkpenguin
03-06-2012, 03:46 PM
while I was waiting for my kitchen/bath floors to dry, I did the rest of the new Leslie. I did Blue, Arms {just to see if the program would let me}, Yellow, Chest/Back, and Stretch ~40min. Once again the CD appeared after the stretch! First, there's no jogging at all:(. Things of note in the Blue, Tina sings 'Proud Mary' and we do jumprope and jacks! Prances and half jacks would work as a modification but the segment isn't long. Arms consists of hammer curls and 2 sets of French Press {I used 8's}, Yellow was pretty basic Leslie. Chest/Back involved 2 alternating sets of knees pushups and bird-dog. Then the stretch.

Yhahmd, great job on the 3 lbs.

yhahmd
03-06-2012, 06:53 PM
@patchworkpenguin No jogging at all? Huh. Well, did you still feel like it was a good work out?

patchworkpenguin
03-06-2012, 07:06 PM
yhahmd, I enjoyed it and will definitely do it again. :D I'm always happy to get a new Leslie.

umimar
03-06-2012, 11:09 PM
Hi ladies, 5 miles here today. I am happy to see you are all very active! great work!!!!
@ Patchworkpenguin: if you have tried the 5 mile fat burning dvd, compared to the new one you are doing now, which one do you like better? If you haven't tried it, it's on youtube.

patchworkpenguin
03-07-2012, 12:10 AM
I like the new one better but its personal preference. I like the music in the new one, I like that I can program the miles in whichever order, Leslie's personality is a bit toned down in this one but she still has a group to interact with, which I like. I don't think I'll use the 5 Day plan as intended or use the toning segments very often because I use Leslie's workouts more for cardio. 5MFB has two miles of Leslie by herself which I don't like because all she talks about is posture, Mile 3 introduces Nicole who lost 100lbs and I was in a checkin when this dvd came out and two girls made a lot of fun of her, the picture, and her makeup and to this day I can't do that workout without remembering how mean they were, but I also like the jogging intervals and the 'veteran walkers" because Leslie is always more animated with them.

umimar
03-07-2012, 01:22 AM
Thanks of the info. I'm looking for cardio too, that's why I do the 5 mile one. I'm not too thrilled about it (looks a bit outdated) but again, it's the cardio what counts. Maybe I should switch to the new one if you say you like it better...

AnnieDrews
03-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Hey gang!! Didn't check in yesterday, but did miles 1-3 of the 5 mile Fat Burning Walk.

Today was 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk. Used 2 pound weights and even with the yardwork I did yesterday, not too bad. Was happy about that.

Penguin, for some reason that 5 day DVD sounds really confusing to me!! :p I'll still probably get it, though. And, yes, I do still have the knee issues. Just living with it and being careful (NO boosted jogs for me anymore:().

cathyxxx
03-07-2012, 12:02 PM
hey gang :wave: I did 2 miles this morning. I used the old 5 Mile Walk dvd because I was rushed for time (as always) and the 2 fast miles on that one don't even take 30 minutes.

Annie, I'm so sorry about the knee issues!!!

Penguin, thanks for all the info on the new dvd! My sister checked 2 Targets yesterday, one in our town, and one in bigger town an hour away, but of course, they don't have it down here yet :( guess I'm gonna have to wait til the end of the month when amazon ships it out.

Umimar - I have the 5 Mile Walk, 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk, 5 Day Slim Down and I like them all but I do like the new 5 Really Big Miles the best. I know it's just preferences but I like the music, and the workouts and the look of the studio, etc. and I know I will probablyl like the newest Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan even better :) I love new stuff ;)

yhahmd
03-07-2012, 02:05 PM
I'm bowing out today--finally decided to take a rest day. I'll probably jump rope today. Good luck and happy walking to the rest of ya!

umimar
03-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Hi everybody, another 5 miles here.
Hey Cathy, how long are the 5 miles videos you have? I am trying to do it in about an hour, is it fast pace?

AnnieDrews
03-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Hello all! I did miles 1,2,3 & 4 of the 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk this morning!!:carrot:

Umimar-The 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk runs just a bit over 60 min. It's one of my favs because all the miles are 12 minute.

I just recently got the newest 5 mile....can't remember the name right now. It is MUCH longer if you do the entire DVD as other things are thrown in with the resistance band, etc.

thelittleflower
03-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Hi all, I'm new to the thread. I've done the 2 mile brisk walk today and one other time this week. Think it's time to bump it up to the 3 mile...2 miles is just a little toooo easy for me :)

I love her videos, though! Great work out!

yhahmd
03-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Well yesterday was a flop. I didn't exercise because I had to clean house. I also had a bit of a binge and a 2 lb gain. I hope it's just water retention from all that salt...but if not, well, that sucks but not the end of the world.

Having a friend come over today, so did 5 miles and got them done and out of the way.

-Did 2 additional miles today

carolr3639
03-08-2012, 10:57 PM
[QUOTE][ I had to clean house. /QUOTE]
That is good exercise. We're on vacation and I'm doing good to get in 2 mi. a day.

umimar
03-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Instead of videos today, I went with hubbie to the park for a 5 mile walk, my hips are sore now! :)

carolr3639
03-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Instead of videos today, I went with hubbie to the park for a 5 mile walk, my hips are sore now! Wow

umimar
03-10-2012, 12:43 AM
I was taking it easy today, 2 miles for now. Better than nothing!

yhahmd
03-10-2012, 12:48 AM
Didn't walk with Leslie today, but went for a 2.7 mile 30 minute walk/jog, walked around the store for 2 hours, then came home and did 60 minutes of a Richard Simmons tape.

umimar
03-10-2012, 12:53 AM
Yhahmd, I was going to ask you how much you spent after the two hour walk around the store ;)

yhahmd
03-10-2012, 12:58 AM
Yhahmd, I was going to ask you how much you spent after the two hour walk around the store ;)

40 bucks lol!

I will admit I did buy 2 of the king size kitkats. It was dumb. But I only had 4 pieces (which is a serving size) and they're sitting untouched on my desk, they blend in with the DVDs and I forget they're there, so I don't plan one eating them all at once but I like having the option.

I really think my TOM is coming up, I've been spotting for about a week now.

umimar
03-10-2012, 01:27 AM
I have banned potato chips from my house! I can't stop eating them, so therefore, bye bye chips!

yhahmd
03-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Today was 172.2 I'm retaining water from that 65 minute exercise tape I did 2 days in a row, not used to it. Rest day today, and lots of water. Hope to see 171 again, or even better, 170 tomorrow!

keep walking guys!

AnnieDrews
03-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Umimar, good job on banning the chips. YOu don't need the temptation.

I forgot to check in yesterday. Did 2 Mile Power Walk With Friends so ended up averaging 3 miles/day. That was my goal for the week. Was down about a pound or so, too!!:carrot:

umimar
03-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Good morning, walking buddies. How is everybody doing today?
I did the 5 mile fat burn dvd again.

yhahmd, keep walking it, you'll see those pounds and water will come off soon.

Congratulations Annie, on your pound loss! that's awesome! You have lost a bunch already. How long did it take you to do it?

yhahmd
03-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Rest day yesterday. Did 2 miles today. Saw 170.4 today on the scale. I must be doing something right ;)

umimar
03-11-2012, 11:14 PM
4 miles today in a park, trying to add some variety here. Feeling tired now :P

carolr3639
03-12-2012, 04:11 PM
Rest day yesterday. Did 2 miles today. Saw 170.4 today on the scale. I must be doing something right
__________________Great work. I did 3 mile walk strong today.

yhahmd
03-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Twinsies, carolr3639! I did 3 miles today too lol.

umimar
03-12-2012, 09:46 PM
5 mile fat burn DVD here. TOM here, so tons of water with me, not fun! :P

carolr3639
03-13-2012, 04:58 PM
I did 3 mile walk strong today again. I was wondering about what you all thought about the music on the new DVD. I don't like it very well just from listening to the sampler on collage video. The work out looks good though.

umimar
03-14-2012, 01:07 AM
5 miles here, but watching TV for 1:40h.

AnnieDrews
03-15-2012, 11:22 AM
Hi walkers!! Haven't taken time to check in this week but have done 3 miles each day M, T, W and today!! I'm really trying to find a place where I fit in again here on the boards. I really need to commit to being accountable in a group, besides just posting my exercise. LOL, I feel too young for the "Golden Girls" area over in the 50-somethings....I hope that doesn't sound bad.

Umimar-Just now saw your question about my weight loss. I still have not made my goal, but am working towards it. I lost 41 pounds over about 10 or 11 months in 2010. During 2011 I fought with about 4 pounds over and over and the 4 pounds won.:( After Christmas this year, I was up to 159 and decided I better get serious and not gain anymore (I have made 160 my panic number for the moment.). So, I'm down a couple from there, but had hoped to be farther along and closer to 150 by now. Still shooting for 140 in the end. BUT, I feel so much better than I did when I started this journey and if I can keep it off, I'll feel great!:carrot:

carolr3639
03-15-2012, 03:46 PM
Just now saw your question about my weight loss. I still have not made my goal, but am working towards it. I lost 41 pounds over about 10 or 11 months in 2010. During 2011 I fought with about 4 pounds over and over and the 4 pounds won. After Christmas this year, I was up to 159 and decided I better get serious and not gain anymore (I have made 160 my panic number for the moment.). So, I'm down a couple from there, but had hoped to be farther along and closer to 150 by now. Still shooting for 140 in the end. BUT, I feel so much better than I did when I started this journey and if I can keep it off, I'll feel great!This sounds just like me. I manage to stay round 155 but would love to get under 150 and keep it off.

umimar
03-16-2012, 01:28 AM
Annie and Carol, that sounds really good. I have started my journey and it's hard! I am trying my best to count my calories and exercise as much as I can, but there are some weeks that it gets really challenging! (like this one) and water retention doesn't work either :P I think I might have lost maybe a pound this week :( but I am not giving up! It's good to hear it's taking you that amount of time, so I know I am on the right track. 41lb. sounds awesome!

cathyxxx
03-16-2012, 05:47 PM
hey gang - I'm still alive :) this time change has gotten the best of me :( I will clean house tomorrow and try to get back on here monday! later gaters :wave:

AnnieDrews
03-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Hi ladies, Hi Cathy!! I got in the 2 Mile Power Walk With Friends this morning w/ 2# weights. I really need to work on these arms. I'll be wearing a dress w/ short sleeves when I get married in May. Ugh, they look terrible!! I was down a pound this morning. I've gotten from 155 to 157, so I'm calling it 156 to be fair. Will double check that in the morning.

yhahmd
03-16-2012, 08:44 PM
Missed a few days because I was staying with a friend. Didn't exercise, but took my adderall so I didn't over eat, at least. Will start up walking again tomorrow. :)

-7 miles with Leslie

umimar
03-17-2012, 03:54 PM
After 4 never-ending days at work, I am back again! 3 miles today. How is everybody doing so far?

yhahmd
03-17-2012, 05:46 PM
Took a walk outside today. approx 45 min, Gmaps says 0.9 mi...feh.

Pretty good, umimar. How about you?

umimar
03-17-2012, 06:00 PM
Not bad, yhahmd, stressful work week her but I am glad is over, and I can have more time to exercise. On a positive note, I lost 3.5lb. this week :) Now I am going to walk in place for a little bit.
Good job on the 45 min. walk!

yhahmd
03-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Excellent work!! and thanks :) I'm just about to go grab some dinner and figure out my plan for the rest of the night.

carolr3639
03-17-2012, 07:27 PM
Not bad, yhahmd, stressful work week her but I am glad is over, and I can have more time to exercise. On a positive note, I lost 3.5lb. this week Now I am going to walk in place for a little bit.
Good job on the 45 min. walk!How did you do that?

umimar
03-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Well, I worked non-stop this week (I had a couple of 12+ h days) I kept on walking as much as I could, I am counting calories, trying not to eat more than 1300 if possible, and finally my freaking period started (sorry if this is TMI) and I am now getting rid of the water retained the size of the Hoover Dam! Walking and calorie counting (and 30 Day Shred every time I can). Last week was very slow for me, maybe a pound down, so I guess this week it was about time.

carolr3639
03-17-2012, 09:11 PM
(and 30 Day Shred every time I can).What is that?

sotypical
03-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Hey everyone! I think it has been about two weeks since I last did a video but I finally found time to do one again today! In the last week I have gotten 4 new videos too. Costco has a 3 pack for $15 - I was so excited.

So today I tried the 5 Really Big Miles. I did that and mile 1 and 3 again - I was on a mission to burn 1000 calories and I did! And I manged to get in 20,000 steps today. Making up for my missed days haha.

I enjoyed the new video but was surprised that it was so different, I struggled to keep up a few times and have never had that problem with any of my other videos - and I probably have at least 10 haha. But I did enjoy it. Happy to have a new 5 mile video. Will have to try another tomorrow. :) Hopefully I can be back on track again. Sorry for the long post.

umimar
03-18-2012, 01:23 AM
The 30 Day Shred is Jillian Michaels, video, from the Bigger Looser. It's a circuit training. It lasts 20 minutes (plus warm up and cool down), 3 circuits, 3 min. strength, 2 min. cardio and 1 min. abs each. I do that and walk as much as I can every day. I wear a Fitbit (pedometer) so I can do between 15k to 20k steps every day.

yhahmd
03-18-2012, 05:23 PM
4 new videos? @sotypical that sounds exciting! I really need to get some new ones. I wish my Costco membership hadn't expired! lmao I should enlist a few friends with a membership to go buy it for me...hmm...now that's a good idea!

anyhow, 4 miles today.

carolr3639
03-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Still doing 2 to 3 miles six days a week. Down from the 4 or 5 I used to do but really busy right now.

sotypical
03-18-2012, 11:31 PM
@yhahmd - you should totally see if someone can at least check for you. I was surprised to find them. I had ordered two DVDs on eBay and then I saw the three pack for like half the price. One of them was one of the ones I had ordered on eBay but I will give it to a friend.

Today I did the 5 mile fat burning walk - did the 5th mile twice for a total of 6 miles. I liked that video! It is a good one. :)

cathyxxx
03-19-2012, 11:35 AM
hey gang :wave: I did 2 miles this morning. I used The Big Burn!

Annie - CONGRATS on getting married. I didn't realize it was in May. YOU GO GIRL with that short sleeve dress!!!! ;)

umimar
03-19-2012, 02:23 PM
Hi Cathy, hi everybody. Three miles here. Walk it, girls! :)

yhahmd
03-19-2012, 03:28 PM
My friend is actually out right now...I'm gonna ask her where she's going LOL.

Little sore today so only did 2 miles.

AnnieDrews
03-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Hello and Happy Springtime!! We've had glorious rainfall here and we are so excited!!

I skipped walking yesterday. Got in 3 of the 5 mile Fat Burning walk this morning.:carrot:

cathyxxx
03-20-2012, 01:00 PM
hEY gang :wave:

I did 2 miles this morning. I used the Heart Healthy Walk

carolr3639
03-20-2012, 03:09 PM
This is the longest I have ever stuck with exercise. It will be a year in June. I feel so much better and stronger. 2mi. just now of walk it off, tone it up.

umimar
03-20-2012, 10:47 PM
4 miles here today. Great job, Carol! And great job to the rest of you, girls! :D

AnnieDrews
03-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Happy Wednesday!! 3 Mile Boot Camp w/ bands this morning!!:carrot:

Carol, I agree with you, I feel the best I've ever felt! 2 years for me. Never exercised regularly before then. Wish I had started sooner.

carolr3639
03-21-2012, 01:26 PM
I tired WATP nearly ten years ago but got plantar facitis from doing it barefoot. Then my DIL told me she was doing it so I got going again this time with shoes!!!

sotypical
03-22-2012, 12:44 AM
Happy Wednesday all! Got up at 5am this morning so I could do the 5 mile fat burning walk before work. Hope to do the same tomorrow. Monday and Tuesday I walked during my lunch break but got in a good walk both days. I feel like I get a better work out with the videos though.

umimar
03-22-2012, 12:56 AM
5am, sotypical!!!!! WOW!!! I can't do that. 4 miles here.

AnnieDrews
03-22-2012, 12:07 PM
3 miles of the 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk this morning. Wore the weighted belt, too!:D

yhahmd
03-22-2012, 03:00 PM
I could only do 2 miles today. I'm still not feeling right.

sotypical
03-22-2012, 07:20 PM
@umimar - It's not really by choice. Sometimes it is the only time I can fit in if I want to exercise.

Up at 5 again today to get in 6 miles. I did the 5 miles fat burning walk and did the 5th mile twice. I really don't think that video is 5 miles - more like 4.5.

I donated blood though today and that makes me tired, not sure I am going to be able to drag my butt out of bed early tomorrow but I might try. Otherwise I won't get it any exercise tomorrow.

umimar
03-22-2012, 11:36 PM
4 miles here today.

umimar
03-24-2012, 12:15 AM
Walked in place for a long time today while watching TV, felt a bit weird, though. good thing I was alone, I would have driven my husband crazy!

yhahmd
03-24-2012, 03:17 AM
I got 3 miles in today

umimar
03-24-2012, 01:56 PM
I did yoga today instead, hopefully I'll go for a walk later.

sotypical
03-24-2012, 11:52 PM
Walked in place for a long time today while watching TV, felt a bit weird, though. good thing I was alone, I would have driven my husband crazy!

I love doing this when I am alone. I know it's bit as good at a work out - at least not for me but it is a great way to get my step count up. One night I did it for a few minutes while my fiancÚ was watching tv - he just laughed at me. lol

Got in 6 miles today. I did the 5 Day Slim Down DVD and did the 5th mile twice. It was a pretty good work out - first time doing that DVD. The miles seemed a bit off again. But I liked how much it engaged the whole body. I also cleaned my fish tank today - moving around 40-50 gallons of water in buckets is a pretty good work out too. Hope everyone and a great day.

yhahmd
03-25-2012, 01:52 AM
I forget if I got 2 or 3 miles with Leslie, let's just say 2 to be safe, but I also went out for a walk today.

umimar
03-25-2012, 11:43 PM
4 miles today

sotypical
03-26-2012, 12:19 AM
6 miles DVDs and 30 min walking while watching tv.

yhahmd
03-26-2012, 04:17 AM
3 miles today

sotypical
03-26-2012, 11:55 AM
5 miles before work but FitBit said 6. I went all out - totally freaking out, my fiancÚ said yesterday he wants to move the wedding a head a year. I really have to bust my butt for the next 5 months. haha

cathyxxx
03-26-2012, 11:58 AM
hey gang :wave:

I did 2 miles this morning! I used the 5 Really Big Miles and did the warmup, 1st and 3rd miles and cooldown.

I have been real walking and exercising but haven't had time to post it.

Amazon has shipped the new dvd, the Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan, and I should get it tomorrow. I am so excited :dancer:

carolr3639
03-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Busy weekend feeding 200 lunch and dinner at the Bible conference. Not quite rested up yet but this will be a low day. Hope to get back to WATP today.

cathyxxx
03-26-2012, 04:37 PM
sounds like a great turn out Carol. what kind of a Bible conference was it? for women? or men? or couples? or families? id' love to hear some details girl ;)

AnnieDrews
03-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Hola!! I took off Friday from work AND from exercise. My son and I walked a couple of trails at a nature park here in town on Sat. Prob 45 minutes all together.

3 Mile Walk Away Your Waistling w/ belt this morning.:carrot:

yhahmd
03-26-2012, 06:28 PM
I went out for a walk today, it was only 20 minute and not that far, but I actually jogged off and on quite a bit of it, so I'm really proud of myself. I haven't even done c25k yet.

umimar
03-26-2012, 11:16 PM
4 miles today

cathyxxx
03-27-2012, 12:50 PM
hey gang :wave: i did 2 miles this morning. I used The Big Burn.

the new dvd should be here today. it says "out for delivery" :) so excited.

AnnieDrews
03-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Can't wait to hear about the new DVD, Cathy! Did I understand that it is available in stores now?

Miles 1, 2 and 3 of the 5 mile Fat Burning Walk this morning!!:carrot:

cathyxxx
03-27-2012, 03:22 PM
I think it's suppose to be in stores today... someone on here said they found it at their target probably 2 weeks ago... but it is NOWHERE around here! if i really want something I usually order it from amazon ;) i'll let you know .. but i'm sure i'll like it :)

sotypical
03-27-2012, 06:13 PM
I went for a 40 min walk at lunch... little over 2 miles. All I can fit in today. Better than nothing I suppose.

carolr3639
03-27-2012, 09:57 PM
I went out for a walk today, it was only 20 minute and not that far, but I actually jogged off and on quite a bit of it, so I'm really proud of myself. I haven't even done c25k yet.That sounds great! The warm weather makes you feel like walking outside but I sure like Leslie. 2 miles so far.

umimar
03-27-2012, 11:33 PM
4 miles here

cathyxxx
03-28-2012, 09:56 AM
ok... i love it! ;) the Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan. it consists of 5 different miles. a red mile, blue mile, yellow mile, green mile & purple mile. along with 5 strength sessions of ab, arm, leg, chest&back, and full body stretch. you can mix & match the miles and sessions, or you can do them as they are set up.

monday is a 3 mile walk + ab session
tuesday is a 4 mile walk + arm session
wednesday is a 1 mile walk + leg session
thursday is a 2 mile walk + chest & back session
friday is a 5 mile walk + full body stretch

each day starts off with the same warm up and ends with the same cool down. looks like there are 4 other ladies that appear in the miles with leslie in different ways - sometimes all 4 ladies are with leslie, and sometimes, just 2 of them. I would say that they appear to all be exercise leaders which is fine with me. i love it love it love it and would say that everybody needs this dvd. I believe it's 7.49 at amazon.

This morning I did 2 miles of it. I used the Thursday one since it had 2 miles and I didn't want to take time to figure out how to program the 2 miles that I wanted to do. I was huffing and sweating :) YAY!!!

carolr3639
03-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Cathy, I looked at the preview and didn't care for the music but you have me convinced that I should buy it.

sotypical
03-28-2012, 04:42 PM
Ohhh that new DVD sounds good. I should hold off for a bit though since I just bought 4 new ones like two weeks ago.

Did 5 miles this morning - FitBit read 6. I did 3 Fast Miles and 2 Mile Fast Start. I also took a short walk during my lunch break, almost 20 min - the ran made me come back. I didn't wanna be wet at my desk.

AnnieDrews
03-28-2012, 09:32 PM
OOH! I'll have to get the new one, too! Better get it soon. My tax refund is draining away much faster than I had hoped. Plumbing issues, an escrow shortage on my mortgage....one thing after another. Vacay and furniture are going to have to be put on hold...AGAIN.:(

3 Mile Weight Loss Walk w/ 2# weights this morning!:carrot:

umimar
03-29-2012, 12:23 AM
Ok, I caved in and bought the DVD. I agree the music is not the best one, but that's not an issue for me. It definitely takes more time than the 5 mile fat burning. I did 6 miles and it makes you sweat :)

AnnieDrews
03-29-2012, 11:19 AM
So is the music on the new one just not good music, or is it hard to hear? I don't mind corny tunes as long as I can hear it to keep up. I have a few DVDs where it is so hard to hear.

3 Miles from the Walk Off Even More Weight w/ belt this morning!!:carrot:

I'm so excited! I started tracking my miles on Leslie's Facebook page starting on 2/15 of this year. If I get my 3 miles in tomorrow, I will have walked 100 miles!! What a motivator!

In other news, I pulled a muscle in my back while putting on my shoes before work this morning.:( At least I had already done my walk. I Advil-ed up immediately.

sotypical
03-29-2012, 06:50 PM
I never listen to the DVDs. I mute the TV and listen to my iPod. That way I get music I LIKE! haha

Did 4 miles this morning. 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk, did 3 mile twice with hand weights. Also got in a 40 min waling during lunch.

umimar
03-29-2012, 11:14 PM
I did 2 miles of the new dvd plus another 3 miles on my own

AnnieDrews
03-30-2012, 10:59 AM
LOL, I miscalculated but still hit 99 miles this morning. Did miles 1-3 of the 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk.:carrot:

carolr3639
03-30-2012, 12:10 PM
Bit the bullet and ordered the new DVD. ha

carolr3639
03-30-2012, 05:30 PM
Cathy, I noticed on collage video that one of the moves is a slow setup with feet not held down. I haven't been able to do that in years. How do you manage?

carolr3639
03-30-2012, 08:50 PM
I watched that sample video again and can't find that move. Maybe it on another DVD.

cathyxxx
03-31-2012, 09:28 PM
Hey carol...I was just coming on here to tell u that I rewatched the video at collage video and didn't see the move u're talking about. I haven't done all the miles on the new DVD yet but I can do the half jumping jack on there. If I get to a move that I can't do then I would modify it but I try to do everything that leslie does :)

sotypical
04-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Busy weekend - keep forgetting to check in.

Friday - nothing
Saturday - 5 miles
Sunday - 4 miles
Today - 4 miles

sotypical
04-03-2012, 11:26 AM
4 miles this morning.

AnnieDrews
04-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Hey Gang, we have an April thread going!!:D