Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 198/173/130

Height: 5'2

Smile Woot

Congrats big dog and Jen! Galadriel - I know how you feel I refuse to go to a plus store so I am still in maternity clothes - baby is 4 months old! And honestly I wore them for over a year after my son was born!
I am down another 2 pounds. So in the 16 days since I started I have lost 13 lbs and 11 inches! Plus I survived my first plateau which is where I usually quit!

Ok - when do they do the hormone test! It sounds disgusting. I don't handle spit well.

Kate
Old 03-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Lost 3 pounds and am at 167.3!!!!!!! 3 pounds!!!! before getting on the scale this am, i was praying, please, please, please let me see 169, i've been good, i've been on plan, i've been exercising, PLEASE!!! and surprise, surprise it registered 167.3!!!!!! i even got on the scales twice because i didn't believe it!!!!!
i've been eating more veggies and salads and it worked! sometimes when i get busy, i'll get the protein in but have been neglecting the veggies for lunch alot of times - usually do have a salad w/ lean protein for dinner...
OH, Happy Day!!!! i woke up my DH to tell him and told him i have to go tell my virtual protein buddies!!! because you guys keep me focused and motivated! YAY!
Yay Yay Yay Yay yay Yay Yay yay!!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

I'm with you, Gina... petites don't work for me but "shorts" do! Crazy, but almost all the petites I try are either waaayyyy too tight in the hips or thighs or are too short!

Katydid - Congratulations!

Hope everyone has an awesome Friday... Last night, I got out my "Before" and "After" pictures because my Zumba instructor wanted to see them. I was shocked! I guess I know I look a bit different, but to see it in pictures seems to be a whole other story... It's kind of disconcerting because I really didn't think I was "big" before MRC. But to see the difference in my face, stomach and arms is crazy... Makes me realize how much of the whole weight thing is truly a mental environment...
Old 03-02-2012, 10:28 AM   #19  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Friday, everyone! I'm so excited! Tonight's my stabilization party!!! Thought I'd never see the day.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #20  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
Happy Friday, everyone! I'm so excited! Tonight's my stabilization party!!! Thought I'd never see the day.
Awesome!! Congratulations!!
Old 03-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 198/173/130

Height: 5'2

Thumbs up

Congrats Jen!! That is awesome!
Old 03-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 312/312/152

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Lost 3 pounds and am at 167.3!!!!!!! 3 pounds!!!!
Congrats BigDog! WooHoo! Way to go!

Just left the center for my first March WI. I lost 3.5 pounds and am now under 300. I was so happy that I cried on the way back to work.

Last edited by Baby Doll; 03-02-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #23  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

another pound lost!!!! 166.7 i was scared to get on the scale this am because i had left over tacos last night and i was thinking maybe it was a dream i had that i'm finally losing weight again and was scared i'd be back up to 170..

i've cut out the extras and really paying attention to portion size. my taco was mostly veggies! i piled the shredded lettuce, grape tomatoes, salsa on the plate, then 4 oz taco lean meat w/ one hard shell crumbled on top. one of my fave meals! my DH of course eats 4-5 tacos MEN!
had a huge salad w/ grilled flank steak on top for lunch. the difference is i'm actually eating more and losing again. the extra veggies are really helping. guess they are speeding up my metabolism so i'm losing again
i had gotten into a bad habit of skipping meals and just grabbing a HNS or replacement meal shake or protein bar and not getting my veggies in.

like Jen and Patzi have always said, if you follow the plan, it actually works! YAY!!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #24  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Doll View Post
Congrats BigDog! WooHoo! Way to go!

Just left the center for my first March WI. I lost 3.5 pounds and am now under 300. I was so happy that I cried on the way back to work.
way to go Baby Doll!!!! this plan really works!! Good job!!!! tears of happiness :-)
Old 03-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #25  
Motivated Member

Way to go Jen!!! now that is a party worth going to!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Quote:
another pound lost!!!! 166.7 i was scared to get on the scale this am because i had left over tacos last night and i was thinking maybe it was a dream i had that i'm finally losing weight again and was scared i'd be back up to 170..

i've cut out the extras and really paying attention to portion size. my taco was mostly veggies! i piled the shredded lettuce, grape tomatoes, salsa on the plate, then 4 oz taco lean meat w/ one hard shell crumbled on top. one of my fave meals! my DH of course eats 4-5 tacos MEN!
had a huge salad w/ grilled flank steak on top for lunch. the difference is i'm actually eating more and losing again. the extra veggies are really helping. guess they are speeding up my metabolism so i'm losing again
i had gotten into a bad habit of skipping meals and just grabbing a HNS or replacement meal shake or protein bar and not getting my veggies in.

like Jen and Patzi have always said, if you follow the plan, it actually works! YAY!!!!
Congrat's on your loss Bigdog! and for the reminder that if you follow the plan it actually works.........i switched back to metaslim (from metabalance) this last weekend and so far the scale has not budged No matter - I just keep eating on plan and have faith the pounds will eventually come off.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Default Jeans update!

So I needed cat litter before leaving town for Berkeley and went to a local Target-like store. Some Levi boot cuts caught my eye and I grabbed a 10 and 12 Long without trying on. The 10s will have to go back, but the 12s were perfect. they stretched but didn't bag out on the plane. I'm writing from a cafe near campus, watching all the college girls in their leggings and skinny jeans. Who would have thought that boot cut is the new "mom jean." but hey, I'm seeing my share of muffin tops too. Makes me feel sad, really. I want to tell them, get it off while you are young! It's so much harder when you're an adult! (Plus your self esteem will thank you!). Oh well. My own girl is tiny and loves to run. Plus she can't eat gluten so naturally keeps the carbs on the low side. She's beautiful, of course!

I was running late and left all my HNSs on the counter- crap. Will just have to make the best choices I can. I have been bouncing around 166 about as long as Bigdog did with 170. Knowing you finally broke through is inspiring!
Old 03-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #28  

camaswa-Woo hoo for finding some jeans...I love how levi boot cuts fit...and since they stretched without bagging...awesome jeans. Enjoy the time with your daughter.

Trying to stay absolutely OP the next 3 days and see what happens with the scale. I think I had upped my exercise a little too much for what I've been eating because my appetite has been unstoppable. I used to be able to say I felt "satisfied, not full" when I was OP, the past week I've felt mostly on the "always hungry" side. Partly TTOM, partly a lot of exercise...maybe some boredom on some days. I'd been taking bites of silly things I don't even like...so focus, focus, focus. It ends up I'm going with MIL to a women's conference this weekend, which means the meals are provided. I did contact the coordinator (a friend of mine) to see what the food would be to see what I should pack. I think there will be some healthy options but I also need to pack some and be ready to avert my eyes from the cookies.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #29  

I had maintenance weigh in and stayed the same.. I am still 5 pounds under goal.. I am so delighted with this, as my scale after races said I was up 3 pounds. I ate out 4 days in a row, not badly, they were good choices, but I know the salt was there, as I still can't get my rings off.. What I did was the following..
Day after races, I went on shake with HNS mixed in for breakfast and lunch, regular meal at night. Second day, did the bar and HNS lunch and breakfast, regular meal at night and then stayed on green menu, and thank goodness it worked... Not easy not eating all those snacks everyone brought with them and all those tropical drinks.. Oh, well, such is life, I guess...I am glad now.

Congrats to all the losers. Be proud of yourself.

Patzi
Old 03-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Yay for the bootcut jeans! And, you're right... I've seen alot of 20-somethings and some teens with the muffin top! Yikes... I'm like you... it's sad. I remember being a size 9/10 in high school and thinking I was so huge! What I would give to go back and tell that teenager to hang on to your health and value your body and appreciate where you are, no matter the size...

Congrats, BigDog! You're on a roll!

Baby Doll - Congrats on the weight loss! So happy for you! I remember crying as I left the center with those happy tears! Go, you!
Closed Thread