Support Groups - March madness for the Worldly chicks

Pages : 1 [2]

annie175
03-29-2012, 08:10 AM
THis was part of my horoscope today...I think it may very well apply to everyone..

Be active and productive in your mind. There is a lot of positive energy just under the surface, waiting to be seen -- once you tap into it, you'll be able to see the bright side of the darkest events and enjoy stress-free day.

Just thought I would share...

MELODY525
03-29-2012, 08:11 AM
http://main.acsevents.org/images/friendraiser_uploads/37727.234843342.custom.jpg

ANNIE'S WALKING ON SUNSHINE SO THAT'S GOTTA BE A GOOD THING:D
HOPE THE FEELING LASTS AND THE WEATHER TOO!!
I ALREADY WHACKED MY HEAD A FEW WEEKS AGO. WAIT TILL IT HEALS :rof:

MICHELLE...GLAD TON HEAR THE DH IS UP & ABOUT A LITTLE BIT.
STILL SENDING HIM GOOD THOUGHTS FOR RECOVERY:hug:
HOPE YOUR PROJECTS ARE GOING WELL TOO. :hug:

LAURA.......OMG! HOPE THE HEADACHE GOES AWAY & THE MEDS WORKED.
WHAT A TIME FOR THAT TO HAPPEN. GOOD LUCK WITH THE 1/4 REPORTS:hug:

HAPPY........THE CHEMICAL SMELLS IN THE STORES GETS TO ME LIKE THE PJS.
LAST TIME I WAS IN THE MALL WE WENT TO KOHLS, SEARS & PENNEYS.
THEY ALL SMELLED BAD.
I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE "SIZING" PRODUCTS COMPANIES USE.
HOPE YOUR PJS SMELL BETTER. "SNOWED ON" :rofl: :rofl:
ALL THE WORK YOU & DH DID TO SELL THE HOUSE IS WHY I THOUGHT OF YOU WHEN JOHN WAS HERE. I HAD BEEN TELLING HIM ALL ALONG HOW YOU & DH WERE DOING THINGS. SOME PEOPLE JUST DON'T LISTEN!!!
SO "HAPPY QUITE CONTRARY", HOW WILL YOUR GARDEN GROW?!?!?
http://www.gifs-paradise.com/animated_gifs/garden/animated-gifs-garden-13.gif

CEEJAY......YOU MUST HAVE BEEN A BUSY GAL YESTERDAY.
WE THOUGT YOU GOT LOST THIS WEEK!
HOPE THAT NO NEWS WITH THE DR IS GOOD NEWS. YAY! :cheer3:
YOU'LL GET TO SEE BABY BIRDS GROW UP!!
LET US KNOW WHICH ONES THEY WERE. HOW CUTE IS THAT!

:cofdate: GOOD MORNING CHICKS.
TAKING THE DAY OFF AGAIN. MAYBE FOOD SHOP TOMORROW.
EN WAS HAPPY TOO YESTERDAY. FINALLY SOMETHING WENT RIGHT:lol3:
WE ARE WITHOUT HOT WATER. THE BRANDY NEW TANK WENT KAPUT.
NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED BUT MY FRIEND BOB WILL BE HERE THIS MORNING.
I AM STAYING UPSTAIRS!!!!! MIND MY OWN BUSINESS!:yoga:
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY:moped:

MELODY525
03-29-2012, 08:12 AM
ANNIE.....YOU SNUCK IN ON ME!!!
GOOD HOROSCOPE!!
I DO THAT EVERY MORNING:sunny:
HAPPY THOUGHTS BACK TO YA!

ceejay52
03-29-2012, 10:28 AM
Mel
I have been busier than normal.

Annie
Thanks for sharing the horoscope. To me it was a bit muggy when I went outside. But supposed to be a good week end. I'm not complaining about the weather at all.
-------
I'm waiting on the washer to get done so I can go talk to Human Resources.
I want to change my insurance plan if possible.
The door bell rang earlier this morning and there stood my boss with a check in hand. I was a bit flustered and asked what this was. He grinned and said it was sell back for vacation time etc. That was unexpected. More money for vacation to the Smokey Mts.

Laura705
03-29-2012, 11:13 AM
Morning all. Bright and sunny, but chilly today. More Chicago in springtime weather. :D :sunny:

Shad – So what are you doing in the office? Where did we all get the idea you were done with this assignment? :lol: When does it end?

Mel – Is your shoulder feeling better today? I hope John gets through the home sale without too huge of a cash outlay for repairs… Yay for you and Jen getting your respective re-certs done!!! :yay: Hope it’s a long looong time before it needs to happen again. No hot water??!!!?? I hope they get that resolved soon. Anything beyond a few hours becomes a major PITA!

Annie – Walking on sunshine - okay, I like the image it presents, but, really, I just can’t stand that song. I’m not asking for it to be banished from this thread, but just thought I’d vent, lol. So did Curtis bring home any fish for dinner? (Already cleaned and ready to cook, of course!!) If so, I’m sure you did something fabulous with them.

Michelle – I’m so glad you’re being kept busy and therefore gainfully employed! When's your review? I thought you already had it... Good to hear dh is getting impatient to be up and about. That’s a sure sign he’s feeling better – just ask Mel!! :D Marmite, haha. I remember I brought back a little packet of Vegemite when I was in Aus – the kind you get in a restaurant. Still sitting on display with my tin Ponderosa cup (from a long ago visit to the Ponderosa ranch in the Tahoe area - my sasparilla was served in it!) and various and sundry teapots.

Happy – It seems like buying any kind of textile today is a crap shoot. The fabric is treated to look so nice for sale, but it’s anyone’s guess how it’ll look after it’s washed. And that’s just appearance, let alone the chemicals used to make it look that way. Wonder how long it takes to get rid of them? Personally, I’m suspicious of those “wrinkle resistant” shirts, blouses, chinos, etc. that are on the market, especially since those chemicals that help keep the wrinkles away are intended to be in the fabric for a long time. Worse still is what might be in our food! I like to think that the dog food brand I buy is better than the low end stuff, but I honestly don’t know. No, the software implementation is NOT done. The conversion of data from the old software, and that of our 3rd party vendors is done, so that’s good. But there’s a long list of remaining items. It'll be a while before we're "done" and even after that will be the usual tweaking and enhancements. Not one, but both of our main project members had babies within a month of each other, and it wouldn’t have been too bad if the 2nd one’s wife hadn’t had complications that caused him to have limited availability that was communicated very poorly to us. That whole situation came to a head when the boss decided to mention it to one of the bigwigs at the software co. I wouldn’t have done it that way, but now it’s done and the guy who e-mailed that he was "on leave" a couple days ago is suddenly not "on leave" anymore. Whatever. Enough drama, get the work done. Don't care who does it as long as it's done correctly.

Ceejay – So you’re shutting off the water for a lot of people? That’s sad to think about. Hopefully you also get a lot of “turn back on” orders as well! And to think bf and I were just joking last night that doggy was drinking us out of house and home and that bf and I and our neighbors wouldn’t get any water when we turned on our taps. Coal’s always been a big water-slurping dog. :D What a nice surprise to get an unexpected check! Nice to be able to put that away for your vacation! :yes:

Hellos to Patty & Mary. :sunny: :wave:
--
Pretty full day yesterday, and more of the same today. The Excedrin quickly zapped my headache yesterday. Before I even realized it, it was gone. :D

Brought a sandwich to work and ate it outside yesterday. Not quite nice enough for me to do that today, but that's okay.

Well, yesterday afternoon I dropped my ancient plastic insulated mug full of cold water and the lid - very brittle by now - shattered in a couple spots, rendering it nearly useless. I’ll have to scrounge at home and see if I have any insulated/ lidded cups that will suffice. Otherwise I’ll shop for a new one. I don’t see the same type available on the mfr’s site. What a surprise – I think this mug is at least 9-10 years old!! Many are stainless steel with plastic lids. Not sure I'm too keen on the steel.

Pilates was fine. I think this set of classes is only six weeks total, so I’m already halfway through it! Tuesday night I did a Margaret Richard workout, but just a short one – warm-up, cool-down, and routines for hamstrings, quads, biceps and shoulders. Some people have posted to the FB page that the segments on this dvd are kind of goofy – each one doesn’t have its own warm-up and cool-down, etc., but it doesn’t bug me. The way the dvd is set up - all routines are chaptered separately - you can jump to whatever routines you feel like doing.

Back to work!! Sure wish it was Friday by now. :halfempty

annie175
03-29-2012, 12:41 PM
Afternoon all...just got back from Buy Buy Babies. Bought lil monkey the cutest hat , matching swim trucks and sunglasses. They are for his Easter basket. Still trying to decide what to put in Ainsley's basket. Went to Dollar Tree and got a few items for all the baskets.

Today is beautiful. High 70 and sunny. Tomorrow rainy but warm then a beautiful weekend. Got lots to do this weekend. Clean house, band plays Saturday nite. Curtis bought us a shed so we need to assemble that. It will be nice to get the cr*p out of the garage that needs to go into the shed. Our homeowner's association finally approve last year that we could have sheds. Thank God. They just have to match our house is the only requirement. He also bought us a new lawnmower. YEAH!

LAURA...don't cha just hate it when our favorite glass breaks. My favorite wine glass broke a couple of weeks ago. Hasn't been the same since....lol.
Headaches seem to be going around here too. Every so often I hear pills being dumped out of a bottle, and ask, who has the headache now..please skip my office, thank you.

MELLIE...so glad to hear the govt. finally sees things your way on the re-cert. Maybe this new guy will get things straightened out enough they will not bother you as much...fingers crossed. You take all the Melliday's you need sista. Whatever it takes to stay healthy.

CHELLE....work work work...girl you need some vacay vacay vacay. Remember to take care of YOU first. Don't let them run you down into the ground. Glad to hear DH is up and moving a bit before he got completely stir crazy.

SHADDIE...where are you sister? Have they got you down under completely at that job. Come up for air.

CEEJAY...good luck on changing your insurance plan. Most companies will only allow that during open enrollment time..hope yours is different. Nice surprise on the check...more vacay $$ for Ceeg.

HAPPY...I know what you mean on the chemical smell...believe it or not there are some baby clothes like that. I refuse to even buy them. What are companies thinking besides more money in there pockets? Our trash day was yesterday...hump day....and believe me we had a lot of it this week. I threw out a LOT of my momma's spices out of their cubbards. I don't even think some of the brands still existed that I threw out.

Hey to all the other chicklets that I have missed...

Loves and hugs.

happy2bme
03-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Good morning kids,

Bright and sunny out there but very cold - we have a hard frost on the ground. Supposed to be 70 on Sunday - just for one day tho - I will be sure to get out and enjoy it. Not sure what I'm going to do today - I think I will pick 2 "gotta do's" and 1 "should do" and then I can feel guilt free over doing one "wanna do" :lol:

Ceejay - good luck on changing the insurance - generally they won't let you do that mid year unless you've had a life changing event, otherwise you are pretty much stuck. How nice to get some surprise extra cash for vacation. I wouldn't say I have the freedom to do whatever. In fact, I nag my head feeling more pressure to do the not so fun stuff first because I don't have a job to use as an excuse. So in a way I feel my life now is more work structured with "have tahs" than it ever was before. Silly as that may sound... people have told me they were betting on how quickly I would become bored as this is quite an adjustment ;)

Mel - garden is not yet more than a thought in the head. Feel free to offer suggestions :D Sorry to hear that the hot water went out again. Geez, maybe you need to run a hose from the building next door :lol: Maybe it would be better off if each apt had their own mini water heater. Probably not, the seniors would find a way to break it!

Annie - hope the horoscope is right and you are having all good things come to you today :flow2:

Well took a (long) break to talk on the phone with my sister in between posting this. Was thinking of taking a ride into town to get out of the house so I'd better get out of my jammies :o and out the door before the sun sets.

Hello other Worldlies :wave:

MELODY525
03-29-2012, 03:24 PM
http://vintagehomekeeper.blogspot.com/2009/02/saturday-night-bath.html

WELL WE SPENT THE DAY BOILING ENOUGH WATER TO TAKE A "SIT ON A BATH CHAIR" BATH!! BOTH OF US WANT TO GO FOOD SHOPPING TOMORROW AND WE WON'T HAVE HOT ENOUGH WATER TILL AFTER WE COME HOME:lol3:
i JUST FINISHED WASHING MY HAIR. THANK GOD IT'S SO THINNED OUT!! POOR JEN WILL NEED GALLONS TO WASH HERS. JEN LEFT TO HEAR WATER AND SUPPLY RICHIE NOW. IT'S HIS TURN NOW HE CAME HOME. WHAT A PITA THIS IS. BUT WE LAUGHED ALL DAY.
I WILL BE GNE BEST PART OF TOMORROW. SO I'M POSTING NOW.
WE'RE OFF TO PATHMARK AND THEN SOME OFFICE STUFF NEEDS DOING.
NOT MUCH BUT ENOUGHT TO PUT TOWARDS EXTRA CASH FOR JUNE.
NOT BAD OUTSIDE JUST TOO DANG WINDY FOR ME RIGHT NOW.
JEN IS MAKING PORKCHOPS AND ROASTED NEW POTATOES. YUM:drool:
I PUT MY DISHES IN THE REFRIGERATOR. DOWN IN THE PRODUCE DRAWER. THEY CAN WAIT TILL TOMORROW TO GET WASHED. NO MORE BOILING WATER TODAY AND NO CHANCES OF GETTING SCALDED!!:flame:
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL FRIDAY.:moped:

CEEJAY......THAT IS GREAT NEWS ABOUT THE MONEY!!
PERFECT WAY TO HAVE A DAY GO WITH A NICE SURPRISE!:encore:
LOTS TO LOOK FORWARD TO WITH THE SMOKEY MT TRIP:scooter:

LAURA....YOUR POOR CUP LASTED A LONG TIME!
I HAD 2 FREE STAINLESS STEEL CUPS FROM THE BANK LADY.
GAVE THEM TO RICHIE AND NOW HE TAKES 2 COFFEES OR HOT CHOCOLATES WITH HIM TO WORK.
HE LOVES THEM.& SAYS THEY STAY HOT FOREVER.
THAT'S WHY I GOT RID OF THEM....I BURNT MY MOUTH ON HOT CHOCOLATE!! LOL
HOPE YOU FIND SOMETHING YOU LOVE.

ANNIE...WOW YOU!! WITH ALL NEW STUFF AND A NEW RING!!:cheer:
IT'S TURNING OUT TO BE A GREAT YEAR FOR YOU!!
I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER TO HEAR ALL THE GOOD STUFF:hug:

HAPPY.....YOU MADE ME LAUGH WITH THE GOTTA, SHOULD, AND WANNA DO'S!
I HADDA BOIL WATER, I WOULDA GOT TOSSED OFF THE BUS TOMORROW AND I WANNA KEEP MY FRIENDS!! ROFLMAO
HOPE YOU HAD A FABULOUS DAY. JAMMIES OR NOT.
I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF STORES YOU HAVE IN TOWN.
I'M JUST NOSY LIKE THAT!!!

:wave: HELLO TO SHAD, PATTY & MICHELLE.
HAVE A VERY HAPPY FRIDAY. :flow2:

happy2bme
03-29-2012, 07:15 PM
Poor Mel - I have to believe that warming enough water to wash up is more of a PITA than trying to flush the loo with buckets of water from the bathtub :yikes: I hope you got enough to the job without getting cold - you or the water.

After procrastinating a bit and almost talking myself out of it, I did get in the car and go into town. Went to the grocery store to pick up a few things. Outside at the front door they were setting up racks with flowers. Violas - baby pansies - my ultimate favorite. They had some flower bowl planters as well as flats of flowers. I stood there for at least 15 minutes - could not decide. I know it's too soon to plant outside but I thought a flower bowl is something I could put on the cart on the deck and admire and pull inside if it got cold out. Then I had to decide - purple ones, yellow ones, purple and yellow, white :?: :?: :?: :?: Big pansies or little violas? :?: :?: :?: :?: A mix of each and greenery? They also had some violas with white allysum. I know allysum - when it's happy it grows tall and wild and would overtake the bowl. After picking at least 6 bowls I finally decided on one with cheery yellow and some orange violas. It's so pretty. Got home and checked the weather forecast - 1 inch of wet sloppy snow tonight so I'm glad I got something I can take inside even tho those are hearty cold weather flowers. Winter flowers down south for the 2 months it's coat weather.

As I was putting my bags in the truck at the grocery store I looked up. There was a pair of bald eagles slowly circling back and forth over the grocery store area. I tried to get a picture with my cell phone but it was impossible. They were doing a courting dance. It was the MOST AWESOME thing I tell you! I stood there for about 10 minutes staring outside of the car and then went and sat inside the car and watched through the windshield. And all around me people ignored them and went about their business trying to get the closest parking spot to the door. :dunno: It sure is incredible out here.

Then I had time so I went into town. There is a craft store that has a small selection of assorted craft items - jewelry making, knitting, small painting crafts for kids, model cars and lots of chotchkies with bears and Northwoods cabin type decorations. Want a bear or moose stand up toilet paper holder? They got it ;) They also have the most amazing array of fabrics that you'd ever want to see - half the store is dry goods. They have beautiful quilts hanging on the walls - some are kits you can make yourself - I was oggling them but could not decide on specific fabrics. Then I went to the bakery and picked up a loaf of french bread for Italian Sausage and pepper sandwiches. They had some home made chicken pot pies and lasagnas so I decided to give myself a break from cooking and get a lasagna. I haven't make one in about 20 years mostly because I don't like how the cheese gets gummy when it gets rewarmed. This one was a small one - A bit more than a serving each for DH and I but not an excessive amount of leftovers and certainly less money that I'd pay to make a big dish myself. So lasagna, garlic bread and salad for din din. I also decided to go in a boutique type gift store which had candles and decorative furniture and accent pieces. Bought a small bowl with leaves that caught my eye. They had some nice unique pricy furniture too - probably hand crafted wood from the looks of it.

So Mel there is a comic book store, a toy shop, a doggie bakery, human bakery, 2 small handmade furniture stores, a small appliance store, ice cream shop, candy and fudge shop, ridiculously overpriced hot dog stand (6 dollars for a hot dog and potato chips - not french fries), 2 clothing stores -- t-shirts and such, a couple of small sporting goods stores with stuff for fishing and cross country skiing and snowmobiling, a thrift shop, 4 gas stations, 2 Chinese restaurants, a pizza joint, 6 bars (saloons), the Humane Society thrift shop, a baby gift store, 4 beauty salons and a very nice Hallmark card and gift shop, and I think that about covers it. Mostly businesses that cater to the tourist trade. It's fun to go and look around but not enough to temp you to spend wanton money you don't have every week :lol:

Time to go make the bread and salad. Later chicks...

ceejay52
03-29-2012, 07:28 PM
I should have mentioned that it was open enrollment for us. And yes it was changed, the HR person told me she was going to call me later to verify.

Laura
It's not just water, it's electricity also. It is a rule and reg that if you're behind on your bill and do not make arrangements then it's cut off for non payment. It's not a free service. The cut off list comes from the main office, and I answer the phone for them from 5 p.m. till 7 p.m.

Annie
Wow, I wish the landlord would put us up a shed for us. I use the place where the hot water heater is. Nothing flamable is in there.

Mel
The boiler is still not fixed!!!! Enjoy your shopping day.

Happy
You were definitely ready for retirement. I hope I will be. I need the structure also. I know on my day's off I'm more organized. I'm telling myself at work NOT to multi task any more. After all I have 12 hours to get it done.

more later.

Shad
03-29-2012, 09:10 PM
Morning all,

Just to clarify my contract so we are all on the same page and you don't confuse me with where I should be and what I should be doing.

I am contracted to a company called Yancoal. Chinese head office, Australian company. It has several coal mines - Moolarben, Yarrabee, Ashton, Austar, Cameby Downs and Premier Coal. It also has interests in several others.
They are putting the SAP program into each mine, one by one. We have done Yarrabee and Moolarben and are now moving onto Ashton and Austar.
Currently I am back in the office in Brisbane updating documentation for the next stage and completing and refining anything that needs to be refined - excluding Scotty and the BigT since they are unrefinable.
My contract will run out end of July - or earlier if they give me too much sh*t.
After the end of July, I will go on leave for a month or so - go to Grandma school or something, whatever, I intend to have some time with my son and grandchild over August. Babe is due 5th August, god willing and the rivers don't rise.
After that, who knows what I will do or where I will be. Something will turn up. Hope that clears up the confusion.

Mel - hope the shoulder pain has gone away by now. Poor John, taking a loss on a house is never much fun. Did you say that he is moving to Florida or somewhere?
Here we have Federal taxes - that is all taxes are collected by the ATO (Australian Tax Office) and distributed to the various states. The states collect things like payroll taxes (where applicable), stamp duty, taxes from gambling etc. and the local government (city councils etc) collect rates to pay for city amenities and local roads etc. All main roads are done by State or Federal funds. In NZ, there are no States, simply local and federal government - and long may that last.
Glad to hear that someone is finally deciding that the wheelies of the world are not ripping off the IRD or Social Security. Finally some sense.
Bah humbug on the hot water - hope it is back now.

Annie - so what did Curtis catch on the lake? Apart from cold that is.

Michelle - Good to hear that DH is starting to feel a bit better and stronger. It's certainly been awhile.
Not certain about the marmite. It was always vegemite when I was home. Seems they have changed to marmite for preference - maybe to hack off the Aussies or the Yanks (Kraft make vegemite) who knows. But apparently there is a shortage. Why I don't know and yes we love our spread down under. Can't get enough of it. I have it on toast and occasionally on crackers.

Laura - hope you got rid of the hormonal headache and are jogging along in normal style.
Ceejay did come back to us.
The only way to not have strange smells in textiles is to spend the money and buy natural I find. Pure cotton, wool, silk or linen or feathers in doonas do not smell, but man it can cost. I've been trying to ensure that all my stuff is going back to natural and so I have to save up to get everything I will need for retirement. I'd like to change it all out to naturals before that day comes.
Pity we are not closer, I have several drink containers you could have used.

Happy - why did they break up the shipment into 5 lots? Is that 5 postages that you must pay? or 5 couriers?
My trash day is Friday and yes I did put it out this morning.
Love the bald eagle story. I saw a couple of golden eagles on my last day at Yarrabee. Pity I couldn't get a good photo - darn things decided they didn't want their photo taken.
Sounds like an interesting town centre. Look forward to seeing it.

Ceejay - hope your summer is not as bad as ours was. Not overly warm (although not cool and I did complain about humidity once or twice) and really wet.
It'll be interesting to watch the birds growing up.

So I need to fix up some doco and will think about lunch while I am doing that. Then I need to think about this trust account for the child. And I have started working on an itinerary for my trip across the globe - hopefully next year. I'd like to go to the Chelsea Flower Show which I think is in May but in all honesty I'm more likely to go in August or September.

So onto some more of the stupidity going on in the office. Catch you all later.

diyana
03-30-2012, 08:10 AM
Happy Friday ladies!

I'm so very sorry I haven't been around much. Work is insanely busy...of which I am very glad. And after work, I'm trying to juggle doing things that DH can't do, running errands, doing website work, etc. Occasionally, I get to relax...which is nice.

Today after work, I've got a weekly meeting with a website client, then maybe grocery shopping. Tomorrow, I'm getting my hair trimmed and colored (roots done and maybe highlights). But before the hair appointment, I'll be doing website work and housework, and after the appointment, I'll do the grocery shopping if I'm too tired to do it today.

Sunday will be outdoor stuff including mowing the lawn if I can get a neighbor guy to help me lift stuff in the shed off the lawn mower. DH said he could do it as he is technically off of lifting restrictions from the surgery...but the poor guy gets SO winded just walking out to the back of the yard where the shed is...I REALLY don't want him to overexert himself.

Speaking of DH getting winded, we decided it would be a good idea (given both of us have lung issues) to get an electronic blood oxygen sensor (like they use in the doc's office). We found a good one for $25 on Amazon. Right now, when DH is resting, his oxygen level is around 97%...but when he's up and around and doing stuff, it drops to as low as 87%. He's going to track the readings (and what he's doing at the time he takes the readings) and present them to the pulmonologist when he sees him in a few weeks.

Oh, and as for any vacay...not in the near future. Maybe May or June. At least we get 1/2 day off on Good Friday. :) Since I'm assigned at least 75% to 2 projects...I'm doing 10-11 hour days just so I don't fall behind. With review coming up, which won't be favorable since I'm getting a review from 2 people who don't have a clue as to what I did last year or all the effort I put in. Reporting is not a very visible/valuable project...unless you're the key business decision makers. It's not like a major upgrade or application implementation. So we've historically been invisible and undervalued. Anyway, I want to at least demonstrate that I AM a hard worker and willing to go the extra mile (or hours) to help the company - which is something my boss that left the company knew well..but since he's gone, his opinions are not credible apparently. Anyway...enough beotchin'...I'm keeping a positive attitude and letting my can-do attitude and strong work ethic shine!

Sorry I'm behind on personals...I'll try and catch up later or this weekend.

Much love to you all,

Laura705
03-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Morning all. TGIF!!

Michelle - You sound busier than heck so don't even worry about personals. Our review process lets us identify "significant observers", and they're asked to put their two cents in re our performance. Surely it would help your evaluation if you have any positive e-mails from them (I'm sure you do!) or a way to get their feedback integrated into your review. Hope you find some relaxing time for yourself this weekend!

Shad - So end of July it is - at least at the moment. "Grandma school" LOL. ;) Another headache last night, but the med zapped it again. Just annoying that they seem to pop up randomly now and not just during TOM week... The pillow I bought is reportedly made with organically grown buckwheat. I definitely like the idea of buying items that haven't been messed with chemically. To heck with the wrinkles!!

Ceejay - Nope, nothing's free. Just sad when people get their utilities cut off, especially if they could have avoided it by making a payment arrangement!!!

Happy - Wow, that must have really been something to see those bald eagles!! It's good to have structure in your days. I can sooo imagine losing track of what day it is!!

Annie - LOL re the wine glass. Of course it's not the same, especially when you're drinking straight from the bottle now. :lol3:

Mel - I hope your shopping day is going well! It sure would be nice if the hot water is back on when you return. What a hassle heating up water for washing. Re the stainless steel mug - I have a SS lidded mug that I use off and on for hot beverages. Thankfully it has a handle because that sucker gets hot! :flame: And you're right, the beverages stay very hot and I've burnt my tongue on hot tea more than once drinking from that mug, so it's not my favorite. (My favorite is my Humana mug!!) Maybe I'll just start using that SS mug for my cold water. It doesn't hold as much, so I'll have to fill it more frequently.

Hi Patty, Hi Java. :) :)
===
My new pillow arrived yesterday. They recommended removing a lot of the buckwheat hulls and adjusting the amount as needed. I was lazy and didn't remove any, but I will tonight. Still, I had a pretty good night's sleep with it. Bf and I were laughing about how heavy it is - and I just bought the standard size. Can't imagine how much the queen or king size would weigh!!

Watched the dvd "Blue Valentine" last night. Ryan Gosling & Michelle Williams, about a troubled marriage. Well done, but depressing. I still have "Hot Tub Time Machine' and "Due Date" to watch, and thankfully they're (supposed to be) funny. I need funny! I just finished reading the novel "Ordinary People" by Judith Guest, and that was certainly no barrel of laughs either...got more upbeat at the end, but still, it was rough going most of the way through it. Started another book last night and it's more light and fluffy, whew!

Raining like the dickens this morning, so bf dropped me off at the station. Once downtown though it was raining even more, so the lower third of my jeans got soaked. Didn't stop for a lottery ticket, but I will run across the street to buy one a bit later. Largest lottery jackpot ever - anywhere - so why not???

No plans tonight, except perhaps watching a dvd. Tomorrow night my friend and I are going to see our favorite local band. Before that bf, D, and I will go out for dinner.

Back to work, it never ends! TTFN!

annie175
03-30-2012, 02:06 PM
Good Afternoon...meetings and business to submit this morning...that is all done...so I thought I would take a few minutes to chat with my ladies.

LAURA...we are supposed to get your rain later today like around 6ish...can hardly wait NOT...We are all in the megamillions here at work. Maybe we can all win. We just received from Amazon our Ma & Pa Kettle collection. Curtis hadn't even heard of them, but watched one of the movies last night. That is some silly humor if you wanna laugh... Glad you are enjoying your new pillow. I will try to come up with a less irritating song for the thread. Usually it is just whatever gets stuck in my head from the drive into work.

CHELLE...no worries on the personals...we all have to take the short road every now and then...most important is the you take care of you FIRST and foremost...then the rest of the world...got it?

SHADDIE...thanks for clearing us up on the work situation and the taxes...Curtis caught mostly croppie, catfish and a few bass. He catches and releases so no fish for dinner. I don't blame him, I hate cleaning fish.

CEEG...oh good, glad it is open enrollment time so you can change to what you wanna on the insurance. What are your plans for the weekend?

MELLIE...You go shopping more than I do and I have a car.....the pork chops and new potatos sound yummy. Bummer on the water heater situation...no fun there. Boiling water s*cks.

HAPPY.....Don't you just love thinking about spring/summer and planting things....my favorite flowers for my front bed is moss rose. Google it. So pretty. It is so hardy, little care, takes a beating and keeps on ticking...lol I am moving my veggie garden this year as the new shed that Curtis bought is going in that spot. I am actually going to remove sod this weekend to get my garden started. Going to plant my potted herbs also...Nothing like fresh herbs.

Ok ye beautiful ladies..have a wonderful Friday/night. Do something nice for yourselves this weekend.

Much love and many hugs...

annie175
03-30-2012, 02:07 PM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=5018201638111217&id=bdc831e472bed5092dcd0762ac432410

ceejay52
03-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Annie
I love the moss rose. It was what my dad would plant.

Michelle
Sorry you are super busy. Wish I were there to help out.

Happy
I love to plant in containers. So easy to take care of too. I'm waiting for the petunia's. It's gotten to warm to plant the pansies.

Mel
Have you shopped till you've dropped. Hope you have enjoyed the day.

Laura
I've been tempted to buy a lotto ticket myself. I'd sure retire then.

Shad
Can't blame you for taking off in August to get acquainted with the new grand baby. And by the way, don't think you have to have any grandmother skills. You will do just fine.

------
We are supposed to have a dog lease rule with in the city limits. My neighbor has been letting his dog go free for a long time. I hate it when it comes charging over here barking like it's going to tear off my foot. I stand still and look at him straight in the eyes and tell him with a stern voice to get back home. I have to say it a couple of times but then he leaves. If he ever bites me or one of the children next door, I'll call the dog catcher myself. I may anyway. That dog is dangerous. He chased a bigger dog out of there yard.

Shad
03-31-2012, 07:38 AM
Urggghhhh hurt my back yesterday leaning over a desk at work. Owiieeee
Better today but still not right.

Back tomorrow provided I can get out of bed.

MELODY525
03-31-2012, 08:59 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Jfz72OdUqTM/TZJTlfFCj1I/AAAAAAAAAMM/s22sLETzC0w/s320/roo-easter-egg-roll.jpg

LAST NIGHT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT DYING EASTER EGGS.
SOUNDS LIKE IT WOULD BE A NICE NIGHT SPENT TOGETHER.
JUST NEED TO GET DYE & VINEGAR. I'VE BEEN USING EGG SHRINK WRAPS.
WE BETTER GET A MOVE ON BECAUSE THE DAYS ARE FLYING BY.

WE WENT SHOPPING YESTERDAY. GOT MORE CHICKEN ON SALE.
ALSO BOUGHT SOME TV-TYPE DINNERS IN CASE NO ONE WANTS TO COOK.
WEATHER IS LOUSY HERE AND WE'RE FULL OF ACHES & PAINS.
EVEN RICHIE'S HANDS ARE SWOLLEN UP THE SIZE OF FUZZY SLIPPERS!

DID A BIT OF WORK IN THE OFFICE.
NOT MUCH BUT ENOUGH TO GET THE WEEKEND PRE-SORTED.
THE BUILDING IS GETTING RUN DOWN AND IT'S NOT JUST ONE PERSON'S FAULT.
AND.......NOT JUST THE ONE BUILDING EITHER.
SEEMS WE DID BADLY ON INSPECTION FOR ALL BUILDINGS.
LOST POINTS FOR ONE THING OR ANOTHER.
THIS GUY WAS BRUTAL AND DEDUCTED EVERY ONE.
I AM GLAD BECAUSE IT SHOWS THE HEAD HONCHO JUST HOW MUCH EVERYONE IS NOT DOING!!:dancer:
AND I AM SORRY.....I CAN'T PAINT A FIRE ESCAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

NOTHING TO DO TODAY EXCEPT WATCH TV AND PAY BILLS:beach:
HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAVINGA NICE WEEKEND.

SHAD.....I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR BACK.
HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER TODAY:hug:
NUST BE ALL THAT WORK AND THEN WORK AT HOME TOO.
I NEED TO SEND THE EMAIL AND ALSO TO WRITE DOWN YOUR POST!!!
I KEEP LOSING TRACK OF YOU. I NEED TO STICK A GPS ON YOU ACCORDING TO JEN!!
WE CAN'T HAVE YOU LAID UP FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY IN APRIL!!!
I GT THE ENVELOPE AND THE CALENDAR IS BEAUTIFUL!!
I LOVE ALL THE WATERCOLOURS!! THANKS SO MUCH.:hug:
IT HAS A PROUD PLACE NEAR THE FRONT DOOR WHERE THE KEYS HANG.
ONE NEIGHBOR ALREADY COMMENTED ON IT LAST NIGHT. :D

HAPPY......ANOTHER APRIL BABY. I WAS THINKING OF YOU & SHAD LAST NIGHT WHEN I FLIPPED THE CALENDAR OVER.
THE TOWN SOUNDED LOVELY.
MUCH LIKE AN TOWN UPSTATE N.Y. I LIVED IN YEARS AGO.
I WOULD KILL FOR YOUR SHOPPINGTRIP YESTERDAY!!
ESPECIALLY THE EAGLES & THE DRY GOODS!!!!!!
I NEED TO BUY A DOG SO I HAVE AN EXCUSE TO GO INTO THE DOGGIE BAKERY AND THEN INTO THE PEOPLES BAKERY!!:rofl:
ICE CREAM, TOYS, FUDGE & COMIC BOOKS!!
LIFE WOULD BE TOO SHORT & BORING WITHOUT THE TREATS OF LIFE!!!
REMEMBER THE ARCHIE & VERONICA COMICS?!
I WAS THINKING OF THEM THIS MORNING.
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTc_ZVxdmdTgpcwz-JKvyLCNKt8pcDp7CqBioACRGjpbVAWqqVs

CEEJAY......GOOD LUCK WITH THE CHANGES WITH WORK PLAN.
HOPE ENROLLMENT GOES SMOOTHLY FOR YOU.:crossed:
I WOULD THINK WHEN YOU RETIRE YOU WILL LOVE IT.
THERE ARE ALWAYS LITTLE JOBS YOU COULD FIND OR VOLUNTEERING.
YOU WOULD HAVE LOTS OF TIME FOR PLANTING AND READING....ALL SORTS OF STUFF. :dance:
BESIDES.....YOU CAN SIT OUTSIDE WITH A PAINT GUN AND GET THE DOG EACH DAY!!
HOPE THAT DOG DOESN'T BITE ANYONE EITHER!! ESPECIALLY YOU!!:tantrum:
PEOPLE AND THEIR FRIGGING PETS CAN BE A REAL PAIN SOMETIMES.

MICHELLE....WILL BE THINKING OF YOU FOR THE EVALUATION!:hug:
HOPE EVERYTHING AT WORK GOES OK AND YOU CAN RELAX.
GOOD IDEA ABOUT THE OXYGEN READINGS AND THE DR.
MAYBE THEY WILL GET A BETTER PICTURE ON WHAT'S GOING ON.
I HAD TO KEEP A JOURNAL OF "WINDED TIMES" AND "STRUGGLE" TIMES.
I WAS HAVING 2 DIFFERENT EXPERIENCES. ONE IS STILL LINGERING.
HOPE DH GETS A GOOD REPORT ALSO FROM THE DR WHEN HE GOES BACK.

ANNIE....IS THAT YOUR GARDEN??? WHAT A RIOT OF COLORS.
GORGEOUS PICTURE EVEN IF IT'S NOT! LOL
WHILE THINKING OF shad's soon to be grandchild, i was thinking of jake!
HIS PICTURE IS ON THE FRIDGE!!! LOL
HOPE YOU GET SOME REST OVER THE WEEKEND TOO SO
YOU CAN ENJOY YOUR NEWLY ENGAGED LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:encore:

PS TO SHAD........I REALLY AM SENDING THE PHONE #'S RIGHT NOW!!!:lol3: :lol3:

happy2bme
03-31-2012, 11:07 AM
Hi all - we are having trouble with the internet service. It keeps wavering in and out. Supposed to have a tech guy coming out to check it out. Very aggrivating. I will be back later hopefully with a steady signal.

MELODY525
03-31-2012, 12:07 PM
DOES ANYONE HAVE/HAD VERIZON'S FIOS INTERNET SERVICE??

I HAVE A DECISION TO MAKE. CABLE INTERNET JUST JUMPED UP OVER $20

MY ONE YEAR SALE OFFER IS UP AND THEY ARE NOT GIVING ME ANY NEW OFFERS UNLESS I CHANGE ALL MY SERVICES. BS!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY WANT ME TO PAY $29.99 FOR A PHONE I PAY $6.44?!
NOT LIKELY. :rofl:

MELODY525
03-31-2012, 12:09 PM
HAPPY....SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE INTERNET6 SERVICE.
WANT MINE??? LOL
BUT THE PRICE JUST WENT UP!! GOOD LUCK!!
HAVE A SWEET DAY :chockiss:

MELODY525
03-31-2012, 03:05 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkhlRDKlVHK2l45UtPjmrIiC7X9qsKd lYcQXqsOcTAMUVlB4BH

HAVE BEEN LAUGHING ALL DAY.
I RECEIVED A CARD WITH STAMPS LIKE THIS FROM A FRIEND IN CANADA.
SO I GLUED THEM TO A PIECE OF COLORED PAPER AND HUNG THEM ON THE BULLETIN BOARD.
SOME PEOPLE LIKE TO SEE FOREIGN STAMPS.
ON & OFF I HAVE BEEN HEARING THE SENIORS TALK ABOUT THEM.
THEY'RE WONDERING WHERE THEY CAME FROM. :rofl:
BUT NO ONE HAS ASKED ME YET!! Bwahahahahah:witch:
THE MYSTERY CONTINUES......................................... .

annie175
03-31-2012, 03:23 PM
Hi Ya Girlies....been cleaning the house...all by myself...without Hella B....just seems weird without her and telling her to get the H out of my kitchen as I just mopped. No doggie hairs to sweep, vacuum, or mop...yes..being the emotional sap that I am, I have been cleaning all the while crying...I miss her so very much.

I hope going to see my bro's band tonite will help my mood. Curtis's child hood friend and wife are coming down from Kokomo to go with then spending the nite...as much as I am loving it.. it makes extra work on my part....oh well...enjoy the company...right?

Started adding apple cidar vinegar to water everyday, supposed to help so many things that it cannot hurt....google it...you might be surprised and get into it yourself...there is a concentrated capsule form that is so much better than drinking water with vinegar in it....I, myself, think that water with a bit of apple cider vinegar is refreshing...I know... I am just a weirdo!

MELLIE....I do NOT have Verizon's internet service but have had Verizon's cell phone coverage since 1992. Never a bill, coverage, dropped calls, or anything problem...so I am just guessing the internet service will also be grand.....

SHADDIE...no time for hurt/aching backs. Cr*p...feel better soon and think positive thoughts, take lots of ibuprofen and use the heating pad....hugs sweet sister.

CEEG...it is so sad when people get dogs and do not take the proper care of them....I think they think it is all about cuteness. Dang them anyway.

Hey to all my sistas...love you all....

Hugs and Love

ceejay52
03-31-2012, 06:29 PM
Guess I made a believer out of my neighbor. Each time the dog has been outside today it's been on a leash. It's a cute little dog but it's very territorial. Yep it's male.

Got outside today for some extra yard work. Trimmed the bushes and tried to wash down the side walk. Not sure what is on the side walk, tree sap or mold from previous floods. The side walk is still a work in progress. It's taking straight bleach.

Annie
Have fun going to brother's gig tonight.

Mel
To cute about the seniors talking about the Canada stamps. Isn't it amazing what a little thing like that will stir up their curiosity.

ceejay52
03-31-2012, 06:41 PM
Went back to read some of the post.

Mel
I had Verizon internet on my laptop and loved it. My friend has it now on hers. It's very fast.

Happy
Sorry that you are having internet problems. Hope it's fixed soon.

Shad
Ouch on the back. I know how that feels. Maybe this is nature's way of telling you to take it easy for a couple of days.
---------
Earlier today while I was working in the yard. I saw that there was water coming out of the meter box. I didn't know which side it was coming from so I called L and asked her to send the stand by person out her to check it out.
It's on the city side.

It's looking like rain.

Shad
03-31-2012, 08:13 PM
Morning all,
Back is feeling better. I can lie down comfortably, sit up (actually do a sit up), bend, stretch and get up and down from a chair. Just having pain being upright. Maybe I should walk like those old ladies in Japan who are bent over from the waist with a dowagers hump and probably rickets. It might stop me from walking sideways (more or less).

It's a beautiful day here. I'm trying to get the housework done so i can get out into that wreck called my back yard. Getting very grumpy with DS2 here. He says have faith - I say have phone, will call for a tradie very soon to finish off the castle. Vibes not good for frost free future.

Mel - what are Egg Shrink Wraps. How does one shrink wrap an egg?

Cejay - water from a meter is never good news. Get it fixed before you get a bill.

Annie - hope you have/ had fun at the pub with the band. Good to have visitors once in a while, but all guests are like fish - go off after three days. Still it gets the good china out, used and washed. Have fun

Happy - more internet woes. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Mel - my internet is combined with my phone bill and my mobile bill. It is expensive but there are no limits, we don't run out of gigabytes at any time. And I also have the mobile broadband for when i am away. It may well mean that I get rid of the landline one of these days. Not that the phone costs me much per month. It's the mobile phone and internet that costs. Still I get some tax relief on both of those.

Gotta go. Need a drink and then to work.

MELODY525
04-01-2012, 08:53 AM
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTISTWXGRR8bI44O1DahoCF2opTyKpnU iKe2-nmYJw-VqnFtUwCCw

SHAD....SHRINK WRAPS ARE LITTLE HEADBAND-LIKE THINGS THAT YOU SLIDE THE EGG INTO. BOTH ENDS OF THE EGG ARE EXPOSED. THEN USING A SPOON YOU SLIP THE EGG INTO HOT WATER AND IT SHRINKS THE WRAP TO THE EGG. THEY CAME OUT WITH THESE WHEN JEN WAS JUST A TODDLER AND I STILL HAVE SOME LEFT. :bunny:
HOPE YOUR BACK FEELS BETTER. DID YOU TRY AN ANTI-INFLAMMATORY??
THERE IS TALK OF COMPANIES DOING AWAY WITH LANDLINES WHICH IS A BAD IDEA FOR WHEN DISASATERS STRIKE. ONLY LANDLINES WORK THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUH!! WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?!?!
WHEN THE TWON TOWERS FELL WE HAD NO CEL PHONES.
IT WAS FRIGHTENING.
BTW...SHALL I PUT ON MY BUNNY EARS BEFORE WE CHAT??? :rofl:

ANNIE......HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH THE FRIENDS.
TIME HEALS ALL WOUNDS. IT HASN'T BEEN LONG ENOUGH FOR THE TEARS TO LEAVE YET. :hug:
I STILL MISS MY BIRD.....BUT NOT THE HOOPS I HAD TO JUMP THRU FOR HIM!!!:rollpin: OR THE SINUS PROBS.

CEEJAY.....WORKING EVEN ON YOUR DAYS OFF WITH LEAKY METERS!!!
GLAD THE DOGGIE IS ON THE LEASH.
IT'S SAFER FOR EVERYONE INCLUDING THE DOG.
HOW DID YOU MAKE OUT WITH THE SIDEWALK?
HOPE IT'S NOT SAP.
OURS STINKS FROM DOGGIE PEE ON OUR STREET SIDE OF THE BUILDING. PU!!!

:cofdate: GOOD MORNING CHICKS:coffee:
NOT MUCH NEW ON THIS SIDE OF THE WORLD.
ALL I DID WAS COMPUTER STUFF & SORTED THE FRIDGE OUT.
TRADER JOES IS SCHEDULED FOR THURSDAY.
I AM GOING TO STUFF THE FREEZER WITH THE LAST OF THE IRS REFUND.

I WAS VERY LUCKY THIS YEAR.
THEY MUST HAVE RAISED THE BAR ON "EARNED INCOME CREDIT".
THIS WAS THE BIGGEST ONE I EVER GOT ALMOST $500.
ALL OTC MEDS AND ADDED EXPENSES FROM THE ILLNESS ARE PAID FOR.
BOTH FREEZERS WILL BE FILLED. :dancer:
I HAVE BEEN VERY BUSY DOING THE HAPPY DANCE THE HAPPY DANCE:dance:

SPEAKING OF GOOD LUCK :D THE SENIORS ARE STILL CHATTING ABOUT THE CANADIAN STAMPS. IT'S DAY 4 NOW:rofl: :rofl:

THANKS FOR ALL THE IDEAS ABOUT VERIZON. NOW AFTER I WAS TOLD ABOUT LANDLINES AND HOW THEY MAY BE DONE AWAY WITH, I WANT TO CHAT AGAIN WITH VERIZON ABOUT THEIR INTERNET AND THE MAINTENANCE OF THEIR PHONE LINES. I HATE THESE KINDS OF CALLS CAUSE YOU CAN HARDLY EVER FIND A SALES REP THAT'S HONEST AND NOT JUST BSing YOU INTO THE SALE:faint:

FOR NOW I NEED SOME COFFEE AND MAYBE A CINNAMON BUN I SAVED:drool:
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY:moped:

ceejay52
04-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Mel
I have Verizon on my cell phone. I need a new phone after 2 years. I'm waiting for the contract to end in May. Hope it last that long. I need to call Verizon tomorrow infact so they will not stick me with the wireless internet account again.
--------

My neice who lives in California called me yesterday and told me she was pregnant. Not two hours later she texted me and told me she was bleeding.
She's concerned and so am I. She did say that she did this when she was this far along with Anjali. She's a bit older too.

happy2bme
04-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Good morning ladies,

According to the date on my computer, we've rolled into a new month. April Fool's Day today so time to set out a fresh thread. I'm not feeling too clever with a title, just trying to avoid the overly optimistic ones that invite trouble some times.

So here goes -

Click Me to go to April Antics and Adventures in the Land of the Worldie Chicks (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/256066-april-antics-adventures-land-worldlie-chicks.html#post4275995)

DON'T POST HERE ANYMORE. See you on the other side of the fence.