100 lb. Club - New Attitude

View Full Version : New Attitude

SmallSteps
02-29-2012, 10:55 PM
Thanks to everyone for the love and support :hug: you have shown me the past 3-4 days. I was in a bad place and concentrating to much on making this weight by this date and I have discovered with all your support that I am going about this the wrong way.

I am now going to celebrate each and every ounce I lose and I have changed my signature and my blog to monitor that weight loss. The only goals I have set for myself is 100 pounds by 11/01/2012. I will continue my hard work and dedication and will take this weight of safely and at my bodies pace.

With my new monitoring system in place I have already accomplished 3 milestones and look forward to knocking off the rest of them with all ya'lls love and support!

dstalksalot
03-01-2012, 12:23 AM
Positive attitude is the way to go.......but you set a date for your self?! What's going to happen when you reach 99 pound lost on that day? Are you going to call yourself a failure? Don't put a time limit on yourself. Small progress is still progress.

suzukigurl
03-01-2012, 08:43 AM
Stay positive, love yourself enough to forgive yourself, and celebrate every single victory!!!! Glad you are putting yourself in the right state of mind!!!!:cp::cp::cp:

DaugT
03-01-2012, 08:51 AM
That's so wonderful and a great idea!
I have been thinking a lot about my goals, and was debating the whole date thing myself... on one hand good to keep myself in check, on other I think it would completely derail me when I don't attain one in the timeframe I set... so great to hear another perspective on it as well!
Glad you are feeling better!! :) You have accomplished so much already!

cathi888
03-01-2012, 09:00 AM
Just remember it is a goal, not a deadline. They are completely adjustable. And ALWAYS attainable.

astrophe
03-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Yup. Just a loose goal to be a "carrot" to keep you moving along the path. Doesn't have to be NAILED by that date. Not like you will quit, right? Can always readjust the carrot and the next "time block" -- just keep moving it along some more.

Your body is always grateful for ANY EFFORT -- joints, heart, mobility, etc. Improvement is improvement -- it won't care!

GL!
A

SmallSteps
03-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Positive attitude is the way to go.......but you set a date for your self?! What's going to happen when you reach 99 pound lost on that day? Are you going to call yourself a failure? Don't put a time limit on yourself. Small progress is still progress.

100 pounds by 11/01/2012 is the goal I am working toward. If I get there and have lost 99 pounds we will celebrate the 99 pounds :carrot: and adjust our goal, diet, and workout to accomplish the ultimate goal which for me is 100 pounds gone before the end of this year.

SmallSteps
03-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Stay positive, love yourself enough to forgive yourself, and celebrate every single victory!!!! Glad you are putting yourself in the right state of mind!!!!:cp::cp::cp:

:hug: Love ya Julie!! You are doing awesome!!

SmallSteps
03-01-2012, 01:41 PM
That's so wonderful and a great idea!
I have been thinking a lot about my goals, and was debating the whole date thing myself... on one hand good to keep myself in check, on other I think it would completely derail me when I don't attain one in the timeframe I set... so great to hear another perspective on it as well!
Glad you are feeling better!! :) You have accomplished so much already!

Thank you Daug you have been a great source of support for me the past few days!! :hug:

SmallSteps
03-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Just remember it is a goal, not a deadline. They are completely adjustable. And ALWAYS attainable.

Amen!! Thanks for the reply Cathi!! :smug:

SmallSteps
03-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Yup. Just a loose goal to be a "carrot" to keep you moving along the path. Doesn't have to be NAILED by that date. Not like you will quit, right? Can always readjust the carrot and the next "time block" -- just keep moving it along some more.

Your body is always grateful for ANY EFFORT -- joints, heart, mobility, etc. Improvement is improvement -- it won't care!

GL!
A

Astrophe my friend!! :hug: Thanks for all the support and information you have been sharing with me the past few days while I was having a major meltdown! lol