Atkins - Losing weight, joinged a gym, eating right, cut caffeine, and quitting smoking.....

Brooklynn
02-29-2012, 11:43 AM
If all of that doesnt make me freak out and die ill be one lucky woman LOL. So yesterday I had some really crazy painful chest pains that sent me to the ER I was thinking I am only 28 could this really be a heart attack NO NO NO! So after multiple tests they tell me I have a SA node arrhythmia and to cut the caffeine, lose weight, quite smoking the traditional advice. So I tell them I already started losing weight, eating right, cut my caffeine from one pot a day to less than a cup, and started chantix to quit smoking UM maybe thats whats killing me lol. Of course he says oh your ok just need to follow up with a cardiologist make sure there is nothing else.... hmmm wonder if my body is pissed off after all these years of beating it half to death I am finally taking care of it and its punishing me for throwing it a curve ball :dizzy:

Dolly Sunshine
03-01-2012, 05:54 AM
Good luck with the cardiologist!! Just remember you are doing all the right things now.

StephanieM
03-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Changing everything at once can shock the body a little bit, hope things get better!

Brooklynn
03-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Well the cardiologist went well, they are sending me for some more testing in mid march but they dont think the pain I was having was my heart. BUT of course I got the whole Atkins is the WORST diet you can be on if you want a evidence based diet switch to WW. Dear lord please let some better education come out about atkins so people will stop trying to discount a diet that has worked for so many when ones like WW hasnt! AMEN!

StephanieM
03-01-2012, 10:23 PM
I don't like telling people I'm on Atkins for that reason. People have negative misconceptions.

Milaandra
03-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Well the cardiologist went well, they are sending me for some more testing in mid march but they dont think the pain I was having was my heart.

How's your digestion? Gas pains can be nasty! Sometimes elimination can be compromised on the Atkins plan and if things are moving slowly...

JP Maidstone
03-14-2012, 10:45 AM
I hope things are okay! I say that it's your body adjusting to quitting all of that stuff. LOL!! It's hard on the body to give it all up at once.

But yeah, I hear you about the nay sayers when it comes to Atkins. My Dr is actually really cool with it. Thank goodness.