Old 02-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #1  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Default I will never be a size 2, and it makes me happy!

Lets just get this out of the way now...I am not a small girl. I have never been small. Doctors tell me my ideal BMI would have me somewhere around 129. But that is never going to happen, I am pretty sure I would die shortly afterwards, or at least look really really nasty. I am just not built to be tiny.

One of the reasons I decided to go with MRC was when I went in and got my consultation and they asked how much I wanted to weigh I told them I would be good at 150. I was 150 before when I lifted weights and was kind of a gym rat, I had the awesome abs, and even then, I wore a size 8-10, I could fit in an 8 skirt, but 10 pants. I just have big hips, and broad shoulers, so 150 made ma happy. The woman I was with looked at me and said, "No, your ideal weight is between 154 and 182, so how about 160?" I guess i am was kind of convinced at that point that MRC was going to help me, becuase they did not try to whittle me down into an impossibility.

I will never be a size 2 or 4 or even 6. For the people who can and fit into those sizes, great, more power to you, but it was just so nice to hear someone professional tell me what I have known for years; I will never be small, I have so much muscle (former gym rat), bone, and various internal organs that (128 pounds worth, I think she said) that there is no way for me to get down to a "healthy BMI". And you know what else, I am good with that. I like being curvy, I liked being able to benchpress my body weight, I am not real fond of how big my boobs are and that I cannot find cute bras in my size, but I can live with it.

So, what was your selling point? What made MRC the right choice for you? I am just curious.
Galadreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

I work with a lady who was on the program and she did great. When I went in I would not have been sold by the person who did my consulation so it is good I did a lot of research prior. When I knew I had chosen the right program for me was during the food instruction class. The lady who did it is on this program and looks great. She wasn't pushy and to this day none of them have pushed any of the products on me. My favorite counselor has a pic of her from prior to starting the program and her success is amazing. I know this is right for me!

And I'm with you...I will never be a 2 but when I get to where I think I look good then I will be done. Whatever that may be (even if it's not what the docs think my ideal weight is)
Fluffy in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #3  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

One of my coworkers also used them and raved about how great they are. And honestly it is no one who works there that really got to me, Most of them look much too small for my tastes, and honestly our nutrition teacher looked kind of emaciated. But I liked the fact that they did not try to fit me into a box that it would be impossible for my hips (let alone the rest of me) to fit into. Most of the people up there have been cool, though at least one has gotten a little pushy about the supplements. After consultation my husband and I discussed it for a couple of days, beucase it is such a big life change. He told me it was my decision, but he wants to keep me around for as long as possible, even if that means we have to change how we live. Some days are easy, some are horrible. Working in an office full of women who all have candy on their desks can drive me insane sometime. but I keep on keeping on and eventually I know I will get there.
Galadreal is offline   Reply With Quote