Old 02-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default what do you atkins vets think of this?

So I cant eat eggs for breakfast and I need something quick and easy so I was thinking of making a protein shake with....

Vanilla whey 2 carbs
1 oz raspberries 1 carb
1 serving of davinici sugar free chocolate sauce 0 carbs (or one if you count splenda carbs)
almond milk 0 carbs
ice 0 carbs
which would total 3 or 4 of my daily carbs for breakfast I know raspberries arent supposed to be part of induction but do you think it would be ok if I use a small amount this way?
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:24 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I think it all depends on how strict of an Induction you are doing.
When I read Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution (2002..not the "new" book that is out there now), I think the thing that stood out most for me regarding Induction was when Dr. Atkins said eating anything not on the acceptable foods list during Induction is the kiss of death.
I personally would hold off on something like this until OWL.
JMHO

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 02-28-2012 at 06:27 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I appreciate that!! I am sticking to induction strictly and will probably stay in it for a while however I may add them after the first two weeks is over I eat a ton of veggies and meat and keep my fat up so I am hoping as long as I still get my other 15 carbs from those I will be ok!
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #4  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Brooklyn, one thing I do sometimes is I make extra dinner and save it for the morning. That way you have breakfast that you can just heat up and eat for something quick and easy that is still on plan.

I make breakfast for dinner sometimes, so why can't you have dinner for breakfast? haha. Just an idea since you seem to be struggling with breakfast ideas.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #5  
low carber

S/C/G: 130/114/98

Height: 5'2"

are you unable to eat eggs at all? or do you just not like them for breakfast? two great places for recipes i like to use are: Your Lighter Side, and Tickle My Sweet Tooth's Blog. you'll have to google them as i can't post links. i also love George Stella's low carb recipe books, and he has a lot of more atkinsy recipes using soy flour (it seems the atkins website doesn't have any coconut flour recipes)
my philosophy though is better low/no carb no matter what is "allowed" on each phase than to not have anything to eat and end up going off plan. so you may or may not feel similarly
sucralose is offline   Reply With Quote