Simply Filling/Core - Simply filling/Core Weekly Chat: Feb 27-Mar 4

Tejas
02-27-2012, 09:34 AM
New Pages!

pam920
02-27-2012, 10:37 AM
good morning chicks. Thanks for starting a new thread Rhonda.

Today was our official WI. I lost 4 lbs and DH 7 lbs. If we had only started cutting out all those unnecessary snacks, we would be at goal. 4 months of walking and not a single pound shed, then one week of clean eating and bam!

Vickie posted in last weeks thread. Not sure if I can move it over here, but will try to copy and paste when I'm done posting this.

Vickie, have a super day with your sis.

Have a great week everyone.

pam920
02-27-2012, 10:38 AM
This is Vickie's post from this morning, posted in wrong thread

Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to spend a rare day with my first Sister (she doesn't like when I say my oldest Sister!), just us. I'm taking her to my most favorite restaurant for my favorite salad. She is a healthy eater. It's called the Orchard Salad and it is fabulous, apples, apricots, cranberries, white cheddar, pecans on mixed field greens with an apple cider vinaigrette. Probably will eat all my calories at one sitting. They serve it with fabulous in house made artisan bread. And....they have a bakery to buy dessert to eat there. Then we are going shopping to Sephora for ideas and to Ulta to buy with our coupons. Can you tell I'm looking forward to it? Better run and have some breakfast so I don't eat too much bread. Oh yeah.....PT first. Darn heel.

Light and love to all of you.

Rhonda and Sandra.....you too are motion machines!

nancy237
02-27-2012, 10:48 AM
Pam..I am glad you found Vickie hiding out in another thread ;)

I am down to 147.2 from 152. I know alot is that first water loss but hey it still feels motivating.. I even ate out twice yesterday and stayed away from carbs. Passed on the bread roll at lunch and the chips at dinner..

Step daughter and I are going back to the monument place in another town because they can't get Robin's photo right for his monument..Its been ready to order except that for weeks.

beach bum
02-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Looks like were into a Spring patterned today.Will try to go to the mailbox this afternoon for my walking.Much too cold for the beach with all the windows around there.

A crazy thing happened to me and another friend in my Choir, we all met for dinner at Eli's Lounge. Before I go anywhere out to eat I always check the menu on the computer. I saw a Seafood stew that I love,but it was only on the Gluten free menu so when I ordered at the restaurant I asked for a gluten free menu and ordered my stew.After dinner they asked if we wanted a dessert we all agreed and of course I ordered the Chocolate Mud Pie. The waiter said to me I can't give you that dessert. Why not I want the dessert, he in tern went to the Major Dee and explained my answer,and the Major Dee came over to me and told me, I shouldn't have that dessert, as I being a gluten free person. Well I laughed out loud and explained to him I wanted this seafood stew and that was the only menu it was on. I had the place laughing,can't take me anywhere. In the restaurant beside my friends were another couple from my choir and two priest from the parish. How embarrassing!!!! Than at the end when it was time to pay my friend Pat paid thinking it was a credit card turned out to be driver license,the waiter returned and told her she has a nice picture but that was going to pay the bill. The whole area again laughed at us,so Mary told the waiter we had a great time even if we were the entertainment for the night. I'm still laughing as I'm posting to you.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages.

PAM-BIG CONGRATS:cheer2::bravo::cheer3: On your 4 lb loss,she I knew your were close enough to lose that. Yep!!! That what happens,you have to turn to healthy snacks. When I'm hungry at night while I watching TV I put protein power in a glass of ice cold water and either shake or stir i it and than that becomes a filling drink.

VICKIE-Hope you dinner :cofdate:out with your sister was fun.

NANCY-BIG CONGRATS:cheer2::bravo::cheer3: on your 4.8lb loss also. Don't matter if it water you lost weight and that's the most important thing. Hope the matter with your DH photo turns out OK.

Have to go and start my dinner

ontarget
02-27-2012, 05:33 PM
We're home from the State Championship. Day 1 I shot the highest score I've ever shot indoors with my recurve. I won and set a new state record. Can't wait for all to get posted online on the club's website.

Tomorrow morning I'm going back to WW. I told Curtis to make me go if I tried to back out. Don't really know if he has that power or not and hope not to have to find out. :lol: We both wore jeans for this tournament and were squeezed into them. It's time to bite that bullet again. Wonder how many points for bullets?

Vickie, enjoy your day. You sound so excited and happy. Makes me smile.

Rhonda, thank you for the new pages. We are now debating as to whether we're shooting that Southern Sectionals in Roanoke in 2 weeks or not. We have an outdoor state championship at Canyon Lake coming up March 25 that we need to begin training. I'll let you know if we go to Roanoke.

Nancy, :woohoo: on losing. You, too, Pam. I hope to join you this week. I should have a big loss week 1 back to WW as I've been eating a lot of carbs, salt, and about everything else but sugar.

Maryann, that's a funny restaurant experience. I have one, too. Several years ago Curtis and I went into a restaurant down around Lake Travis outside Austin, TX. They had fried fish on a buffet. I told the waitress I was on Dr. Phil's diet and wanted to know if they had grilled fish. She came back from the kitchen telling me everyone in the kitchen was excited and were grilling my fish. They were very very excited to have one of Dr. Phil's weightloss TV contestants eating their food. Was I embarassed or what? All I was doing was reading his book and following his plan.

Got to go. I'll catch ya'll later.

pam920
02-27-2012, 06:32 PM
:bravo::cp::cp: Sandra, that is wonderful. I know you must be very excited. I understand about WW. I reached my breaking point last week and cut out my snacking and it seems to be working. I still eat 3 meals with a nightly snack. If I were to get hungry during the day, I'd grab a piece of fruit. I must be eating the right foods, because I really am not hungry. Good luck.

Congrats Nancy. I hope you continue having great success.

Maryann, I was cracking up just reading your post. I have been there, done that. I'm sure everyone enjoyed the entertainment, lol.

Tejas
02-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Cute stories! Congrats to the losers, and to you Sandra, again. You're the best, of course. And, good luck back at WW's. You'll do well.

Now, contrary to all your good work, I ate whatever I wanted the last few days and a few pounds went back on. It's the carbs, ladies, the carbs. The nutritionist told me to see them as "poison." I'll do that and they'll go away again.

beach bum
02-28-2012, 11:41 AM

We have a beautiful day with a little breeze.Going out to play canasta this afternoon. I told my friends that we should play on a certain day and don't deviate.So we are going to play the last Tues of the mouth, This way no one make doctor or other appointments that day.

Maryann, that's a funny restaurant experience. I have one, too. Several years ago Curtis and I went into a restaurant down around Lake Travis outside Austin, TX. They had fried fish on a buffet. I told the waitress I was on Dr. Phil's diet and wanted to know if they had grilled fish. She came back from the kitchen telling me everyone in the kitchen was excited and were grilling my fish. They were very very excited to have one of Dr. Phil's weight loss TV contestants eating their food. Was I embarrassed or what? All I was doing was reading his book and following his plan.

SANDRA-We just can't get enough of that restaurant incident. Oh my goodness that's funny also. So your were a important Dr Phil's TV contestants eating at their restaurant,did they give some discount on the meal????

PAM-Glad you like the story,in the 15 years living up here that ever happened to me before.

RHONDA- You're correct carbs are poison,especially to the insulin resistant patients,which I one of them. That why I trying to stay away from the high one. I have bread that is net 5 carbs and this morning I had a herring with wine sauce on 2 slices of L/C Bread. with 1 c almond milk that has 1 net carb.

Have to go,and start my dinner

ontarget
02-28-2012, 07:34 PM
Maryann, they didn't give me a discount. We all had a good laugh, though. And I did get my grilled fish.

Rhonda, you are soooooo right. Carbs are poison for weightloss. I prob had a million yesterday. Hattie and I ate out for bfast and lunch. :yikes:

Pam, I stocked up on fruit today. I did buy some WW snacks, too, but am going to save them for emergencies. Day 1 shouldn't have an emergency. :lol:

WW was fantastic today. I felt right at home. In fact there were about a dozen ladies there that I already knew. Some I grew up with. Life is good.

Tejas
02-28-2012, 09:12 PM
Sandra, glad you had a good day at WW.

Today is my late sister's BD. So, Doyle and I split a Mike's Hard Lemonade in her honor. She used to say "split a beer with me?" So, you'd do that and then you'd split another one ;)

ontarget
02-28-2012, 11:16 PM
Rhonda, your sister would be proud. She sounds like she was a fun person. (Probably like you.)

I have snacked on oranges, a banana, and some grapes.

pam920
02-28-2012, 11:17 PM
just finished watching BL. Karma.

Happy Birthday to your sister Rhonda. I don't drink but I bet I'd like the Mike's Hard Lemonade. Never cared for beer.

Sandra, glad you felt at home at your WW meeting. I forgot to comment on your Dr. Phil escapade. Sounds kinda fishy to me, lol.

Maryann, when do you get tested again for type 2 diabetes? After the report on the news today, saying statins can cause diabetes, my husband is ready to quit his. He is anxious to see his dr. when we get back to KY to get tested. He has really improved on his eating and we walk twice a day, so I hope the numbers are good for him.

We are more than likely heading back to KY on Sunday. I already made an appt with my daughter for a cut, color, wax and manicure. The works.

Tejas
02-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Pam, my understanding is that statins causing diabetes is possible, but unusual-especially when there are other reasons to have diabetes. I have a good friend who is Type 1 and she takes statins, for what that is worth.

You know, my DH is a special guy. No matter what I serve--even if it's simple, even if it's not among his favorites--he says "thank you." Invariably! His mama reared him correctly, in that regard.

beach bum
02-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Hi Ladies:)

They saying we are going to have the white stuff again,but only 2 inches before it turns to rain. Won a whole dollar at our canasta game yesterday,I think our next scheduled game with be the last Tues of the month. I think its going to be who will be hosting it.

SANDRA-My friends are still laughing over the situation.Good Luck going back to WW. It hasn't worked for me,even the core so I'm staying here on the L.C plan.

PAM-OOOW!!! I have to look into that. Never heard about statin drugs causing diabetes . I've been taking Leschol for about 10 years now. Going back some time in March for my blood test.

Have a great day

Tejas
02-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Good information, which you already know...

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/lose-weight-dangers?ecd=wnl_wlw_022912

nancy237
02-29-2012, 02:14 PM
Love the restaurant stories..Too funny, both of them.

Interesting info about statins ..I have been on them about 10 years I think.

Keeping my grandson yesterday & today..He is such a helper ..we worked lots yesterday so today we are doing a few of his favorite things..He got to use the John Deer and next we are going to target shoot with his BB. It is supposed to storm so we may find some inside fun somewhere.

Things are really up in the air with the house deals . The buyer here is dickering about price which we agreed on in Jan. I got an appraisal yesterday for my info ..those results should be back today. Then I will know whether to sell or just stay here til I get a fair price. I don't mind staying here and being patient. Most of the work is done so it won't be as hard to maintain as it has been this year with all the repairs. I actually like the idea of slowing down , so we shall see.

pam920
02-29-2012, 03:29 PM
hello chicks.

Rhonda, my husband would like to blame everything he can for his type 2 diabetes, except his own eating habits. He is getting to be comical with this dieting thing. He has never really dieted. I, on the other hand, am a seasoned dieter. He weighs each morning. He is up a pound from yesterday, so he thinks by next Monday, he will have gained all his lost pounds back. I told him no way did he eat 3500 calories yesterday, it's just water retention, maybe too much sodium, etc. He is eating just fine, no crazy snacking. I told him to stay off the scale until next Monday and then see what the scale says. I know I'm talking to myself, he won't listen.

Nancy, do you think the deal is going to fall through? I thought you had agreed on a selling price.

Maryann, what are you going to do with that dollar?

Rhonda, if my hubby likes what I cook, he will praise it and tell me how good it is. If not, he eats and doesn't say a word, so I know he didn't especially like it. We have such different tastes in foods. He likes his meat and potatoes and bread. Me, I like my chicken, veggies and fruit. Thanks for the article, and yes, I knew all that. Did you drop those pounds you put on?

ontarget
02-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Rhonda, Doyle isn't diabetic is he? Our grandmother was.

Nancy, slowing down can be a good thing. Do what you need to do.

Pam, I agree it was karma last night. He prob played with his band and frisbees a lot.

I am on day 2 and am about to post my wi info on my signature. :yikes: It may scare you if you look. Be careful.

Tejas
02-29-2012, 05:19 PM
Pam, I haven't been on the scales. I'm waiting a few days, but I feel like I have lost.

Sandra, Doyle doesn't need insulin but he is taking Niacin and some other drugs related to his numbers. And, you'll do OK with WW--just transfer some of that discipline from archery to your eating! :lol:

nancy237
02-29-2012, 07:24 PM
Pam,

Yes he agreed to the price since Jan but last week has started to waver on that.

I am really okay with staying here longer & the other house contract is not locked into yet. I had an appraisal done yesterday and when I get that info I will know what I should do.

So its up in the air but I realized I am looking forward to this summer wherever
I am ..Plan to camp, get a puppy and plant tomatoes

Everyone..
I really miss my wine & hottub time..Does all wine have a lot of carbs?? Are there any low carb alcoholic drinks ??

ontarget
02-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Thanks, Rhonda. I'm working on it. (day 2) We had strawberries/blueberries tonight for our snack.

Nancy, wine and a hot tub sounds good. (So does camping, puppy, and planting tomatoes.)

pam920
02-29-2012, 09:52 PM
We stopped at the flea market and got a big box of strawberries. 4 qts, is that a peck lol. Got them cleaned and they filled a large storage bag. I also got some fresh oranges and they are so juicy and sweet. yum. Strawberries are in season here in Florida.

Sandra, sounds like you're doing great with WW. I think that last episode was taped in January. I went to Chism's twitter and he's been posting since Jan 9, so that might be when he got booted. His dads tweets have been deleted. I think he was afraid of getting sued so he got rid of them. So the mystery continues on who they let go. It could be Mark but I'm still hoping Condra and Kim.

Nancy, things have a way of working out. If it was meant to be, it will. I think the housing market is starting to pick back up. Good luck with your appraisal.

nancy237
02-29-2012, 10:41 PM
Ya'll are killing me with all the wonderful fruit descriptions..Too many carbs for me right now..:(

I changed my goal closer :joker:
It is more motivating to see it closer and when I get there I will
go for another 10 !!

Now I need to decide a reward for hitting 140.
I would say camera but I have to watch my $
til the dust settles from this move.

ontarget
02-29-2012, 11:09 PM
Pam, your fruit sounds delish. I enjoyed my fruit tonight, too. Life is good.

Nancy, let us know when the dust settles.

I am so antsy waiting to go to Nationals. Curtis and I are going fishing tomorrow just to do some mind cleansing.

My first goal as to WW's recommendations is 5%. Hmmmmm......sounds like what the BL contestants had for when they returned to the ranch last week. :lol:

Tejas
02-29-2012, 11:54 PM
Nancy, it's nice to hear you feeling optimistic and flexible. Get in the hot tub and have a glass of wine.

nancy237
03-01-2012, 12:41 AM
Woo Hoo !!
Just got an email with my appraisal results.
Higher than I expected.
So now I know not to lower my price to this buyer and I am wondering
if I should even sell at the price I told him..

If we had a verbal agreement that he broke when he said he was deciding on
a fair price, am I obligated to sell at what I told him. I wouldn't have gotten an appraisal if he didn't say he was unsure about his price & now I know its worth more than what I am selling to him..

Tejas
03-01-2012, 08:44 AM
Nancy, if you're working with a realtor, I'm sure that she or he would know the answer. But, I would agree with you. If you had an agreement, and he broke it, all bets are off. But, are appraisals are reliable guide to what the market will bear?

Is anyone being affected by these awful storms...I'm wondering about Sloan also.

beach bum
03-01-2012, 01:41 PM

Just got home from the hair dressers,you can see my new look on the avatar .Can't stay on long as my dinner is almost ready,and I have to go out for choir practice this afternoon.

Nothing else new,they calling for a wintery mix later on this afternoon,but I will be home from my choir rehearsal by the time it starts.

NANCY-Sorry about your house deal is up in the air. My sister is so frustrated with buyers and sellers as she a real estate agent. She telling me all the hard work she puts in to the houses on sale and than the buyer or seller just caves in and than she has to set up an other appointment with her buyer to see another house. Take you time if you feel that you can get a better price it Spring is here yet and lots pf people look for housed at that time of the year.

PAM-There's nothing like a fresh fruit from Fla. My friend Mary used to and I believe she still does order cases of fruit for herself and her two daughters. Have not idea,will probably put it in the poor box.

Have a great day

Tejas
03-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Very busy day today...I fell at the gym while doing my warm-up side shuffles. I think I just didn't pick my lead foot up high enough. I landed hard on my left hip and hand. There's no damage, but I feel sore, on top of feeling the work out. That's not the first time I've fallen. A few months ago I was running backward and fell you know what over teakettle! :lol: Risky sport I'm into!

I'm going to have a glass of wine for Nancy since she's not having any. ;)

nancy237
03-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Busy day..Inspection had to be rescheduled because homeowners said they didn't know about it. They were actually ugly to the inspector who arrived first. He was kidding later about that not being smart "I could make their life miserable" but he was only kidding.
Their realtor says he had confirmed it with them ..
So its set for Monday. The appraiser from my buyer's lender will come at 2 tomorrow.

Didn't do well with diet today.

My youngest son is home tomorrow for a few days :carrot:

Very tired & have a headache tonight so I plan to get to bed early.

nancy237
03-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Maryann I love the new hairdo !!!!

Rhonda...enjoy my wine !! I found out its only about 3 carbs per serving..
That is great news

Tejas
03-01-2012, 10:18 PM
I did, Nancy. :hat:

ontarget
03-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Rhonda, I hope you're feeling better. Please be careful, Cuz. Glad you had some wine. I'll bet you needed it.

Maryann, I love your new do!!

Nancy, enjoy your son this weekend. Sounds like a lot of appraising going on. Or trying to be going on.

Curtis and I went boating/fishing most of the day. Tonight I went to a girls' night out fundraiser. I won a poster entitled "Standing Archer." Going to donate it to one of my schools. I also won a CD player/AM/FM Radio.

I am OP.

nancy237
03-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Love to have you join in MommaDuck.

I really like your signature picture too with the ducks !!

ontarget
03-02-2012, 12:29 PM
:welcome: Patricia! We're excited to have you here with us. We've been floundering, too, and are working to get back on to goal. We'd love to hear your ideas. Also, we'd love to get to know you.

Adorable signature!!

ontarget
03-02-2012, 05:09 PM
We have arrived at the Courtyard. There's a large delicious looking birthday type cake in the lobby for all to nibble. Don't know how to nibble. I'm steering clear.

Tejas
03-02-2012, 05:34 PM
:welcome2: Patricia. Just jump in.

I'm baking a cake to take to the First Friday event at the art gallery tonight. Also, to celebrate Texas Independence Day we are going out for Tex-Mex with niece and her husband. I will NOT eat the cake and will NOT eat chips nor drink a Margarita. I will NOT :crossed:

Those storms are really bad...Sloan, where are you?

nancy237
03-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Had to take my son to urgent care tonight for a bad cut on his hand last night. He did it at college last night and went to the ER but left untreated after 4 hrs.
They had to reopen it and stitch it. After that we enjoyed a nice meal that was NOT low carb. Oh well I will get back on track tomorrow.

I am feeling tonight like I don't even want to move. Maybe its just that the
house deal has been up in the air so long that I don't want to deal with it anymore.
I have been asking my buyer for a written contract for 2 weeks and that is when he began to drag his feet and mention that he wanted an appraisal to
be sure he was getting a good price.
I think they are exploring other houses but want to keep this option open.

i was thinking that staying here a bit longer would allow me to adjust to work , sell the land, and have more time to sort & organize my stuff.

Tejas
03-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Nancy, nothing wrong with staying put at all. If the buyer isn't doing the right thing then give him a solid deadline by which he has to respond. You don't "owe" him anything.

I hope your son's wound heals quickly.

I heard from Sloan...the storms were over them but not touching down, and there was hail. So, basically, she's OK.

beach bum
03-03-2012, 12:25 PM

Came home from Mass at 9:30 and the clouds & fog are rolling in so I plan to stay home today and work my bathroom vanity that has lots of junk in it. I must start weeding out and see what creams and other things have expiration dates on them.

Tomorrow I going our with another friend to see The Descendents,a movie that I wanted to see but Mary wasn't induced to see,saying it was to sad.

Got on the scale today and I MAINTAINED,some one on another board thinks i going to low is calories causing my body to go into a starvation mode. New eek I will cycle my calories 2 day low and than 2 day high like the old WW Wendy plan used tom do.

NANCY-Thanks I was so happy to get the mop off the back of my neck. Even of I wanted to curl my hair it just would stay. My hair is VERY VERY thick and it has to be thinned out and than cut,but she being in Fla for the month of Feb I had no choice but to wait until she go back.

MOMMADUCK=:welcome2: just post when ever you like.I'm not doing the WW plan I follow a low calories & carb plan.

SANDRA-Congrats on winning all those prizes are the fundraiser. I never win but it fun to go to those events anyhow.Glad you stayed away from that birthday cake.

RHONDA-I haven't bakes a cake in ages.I used to when I wasn't a alone by now if I want it I will go to then store and buy it.

Have to go and start my dinner, have a great day

pam920
03-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Hi chicks.

Welcome Patricia. Just join in.

Maryann, like the new do. I can't wait to get mine done on Monday.

Nancy, you know what is best for YOU. Does sound like your buyer is backing away.

Sandra, good for you to stay away from that cake.

Rhonda, how did you do? any chips, etc?

We left Florida yesterday afternoon. Got north of Atlanta around 10 pm and stopped for the night. We were getting ready to drive into the bad storms and I would be too nervous. Didn't sleep well and feel like I've been up all night or hung over, lol. My daughter called when we were close to home and said to stop by her shop. I told her no way. She would be mortified if any of her clients saw me, lol. I had no makeup on, my hair was a mess. I can't wait for her to make me presentable.

Well, just checking in. Think I'll try to get a short nap and maybe I'll feel like a human.

ontarget
03-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Just have a sec here.

Rhonda, good luck abstaining tonight. It's not easy. My eating's not been anything to brag about on this trip.

I broke the 1 day score record by 39 pts today. Am hoping to break today's score tomorrow and claim the 2 day record that was set in 2000. It's been standing a long time. I have never met either ladies who hold the current records. I'd like to get to know them. Maybe some day.

Gotta run!

nancy237
03-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Grandson had never seen Old Yeller, so we just watched it.
I love that movie, sad part and all !!!

Told buyer today that if he wanted the house I had to have a written contract this weekend
at the original price we agreed to & he said okay, he would get it to me.
The roller coaster would be driving me crazy except I am really fine either way it turns out.

There will be about 2 weeks between my lock in and the buyers closing and I
plan to ask for a contingency on my sale during that time. Hoping the sellers agree to that. Otherwise if mine falls through I could end up with 2 houses.

I started this diet and my cousin decided to do the same after I started.
She has lost 7 lbs and I have only lost 4 so far. But I have cheated the last 2 days.

Tejas
03-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Sandra, it was last night I had to be careful, and I was at the party. However, at dinner, I was NOT. Oh well. It could have been worse; I could have had two margaritas!

Today has been terribly busy with family visiting, but it was fun. My nephew's former wife was re-married recently and a number of family members went to a small party tonight for her and her new husband. At first we were not invited, and I was really aggravated about that. I think it was an oversight because her new husband was organizing the party as a surprise for her. BUT, it should not have happened. We went, and enjoyed ourselves. We care because there is a 7 year old child involved and she was unhappy that we weren't coming. It ended well.

pam920
03-04-2012, 07:48 AM
morning chicks. I got a good nights sleep and was up at 5 am. But I feel refreshed.

Rhonda, glad you ended up going to the party. My mom and dad divorced when I was really young. We would have get-togethers for the holidays, etc. My dad would come with us to my moms. They always got along for the sake of us kids. I think they secretly never fell out of love. When my daughter divorced her husband, we never slighted him. When there are kids involved, it's best that everyone put aside their feelings, if possible.

I am hoping to see a good number on Monday, my official WI day. My DH has been getting excellent glucose readings since he cut out those unnecessary snacks.

Going later to get a little shopping in with my daughter. Have a great Sunday.

Tejas
03-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Good morning:

Yes, Pam, we do everything to keep our family together so when I learned about the party, I got on the phone with both the hostess and the child's mother, essentially saying we were coming regardless of the slight, or oversight. The first person in our family to divorce was my older brother and I decided right then that his craziness was not going to keep me from seeing my nieces and nephews. So, although there have been bumps along the way, we have been mostly successful in keeping all the relationships intact.

There is some gossip that the child's mother and new husband may move to Chili (husband's home) for a few years. HA! My nephew would have to agree and I think the rest of us are not going to let him do that :lol:

I've got a busy day--church, then lunch and a play with 3 of other the tap dancers.

Have a good day everyone....back later.

beach bum
03-04-2012, 01:57 PM

After Church and brunch I came home and sorted out old custom jewelry that half the earring are lost and the rest of the necklaces are all tangled.Don't have to patients to untangle them put the mess in a zip lock bag until I was time to work on them.

At Brunch I said goodbye to my friend Mary,going to miss her as we went out on Sundays movies for not. Going to see the Defendants this afternoon at three with another friend in my choir,than off to dinner at some restaurant. Don't think I want to go back to Eli's in while until the waiter forgets the problems I caused last Sunday.

PAM-I was so happy to see my hair stylist back from Fla. The mop was getting too bushy and I couldn't control it at all. I must remember in the future that she gos away in Feb.

SANDRA-Congrats on your score 39 pts hope you break the other record also.

NANCY-Hope everything go well with the house,and not that the plan fall though and you have tow houses.:crossed: crossing my fingers that it doesn't happen to you. Big Congrats :cheer3: for your 4 lb loss. That's terrific

RHONDA-Does the husband have a good job back in Chili???? It going to be a hard move.going to another country with all the conveniences that we have here. Glad you had a nice time with your family.

Have to go and bet ready to go to the movies,have a a nice afternoon and evening.

ontarget
03-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Rhonda, I am glad you went to the party. I know your relatives were glad you came, too.

Pam, ;) ;) ;) for a good wi tomorrow. I'm afraid mine won't be too good. I did the best I could while competing this weekend. Well, I guess I could have done better; but I could have done a lot worse. :lol:

Maryann, my score was 39 points higher than the state record not just 39. :lol: Sounds like you had fun today with your friends. Thank you for the good wishes on breaking the national record.

Speaking of which--I broke both National Records this weekend using my Modern Longbow. I am thrilled! Exhausted! But Thrilled!

Tejas
03-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Sandra :woohoo: :woohoo:

The play we saw this afternoon was Avenue Q.. really cute and funny and raunchy...the characters are huge muppets.

I'm quite tired and will turn in early. :yawn:

ontarget
03-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Thank you, Rhonda. And the play sounds cute!!

pam920
03-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Congratulations Sandra and Curtis. You did great. But then again, we knew you would. I know you are thrilled.

I'm ready to turn in myself.