Weight Watchers - WW Weekly Chit Chat: 2/27 - 3/5

View Full Version : WW Weekly Chit Chat: 2/27 - 3/5

Lovely
02-27-2012, 12:10 AM
Hello everyone! Welcome to WW Weekly Chit Chat!

This is a thread for any and all WW users to get to know each other. To talk about their days or weeks. Whether it's plan-related or not. Just a comfy area to chat about things in general. Grab a chair, pick up a cup of hot tea or coffee and relax with everyone!

Please join in at any time :)

CutieCourt
02-27-2012, 12:20 AM
Hi everyone!!! I plan to join in on the fun! My weigh-ins are on Thursdays :) Happy to meet you all!

Lovely
02-27-2012, 12:23 AM
Hello CutieCourt :) Welcome!

Hey everyone :wave: Wishing you an (early) happy Monday and a good start to all your weeks :D

Chele615
02-27-2012, 06:20 AM
I did so good this weekend....until nighttime!!! I couldn't help myself and ended up eating a big bag of Reese's Pastel Eggs split between Saturday and Sunday nights. But at least the bag is gone and I can get back into the swing of things. I was away last week on vacation visiting my best friend and even though we ate out pretty much every meal, I managed to make good choices and stayed exactly the same, which I was so excited about :)

Back into it today and ready to go!!!

Tudor Rose
02-27-2012, 08:02 AM
I only lost .2 this week, but considering all the sugar and chocolate I ate over the weekend (stupid girl scout cookies! stupid reese's peanut butter eggs!) I'll take it. Ugh. Yesterday was the worst, blah. I didn't physically feel sick or anything, it's just looking over my points and realizing how many I just wasted on all of that.

Plus I'm sooooo close to 65 lbs, I'm sure some of that was the weird psychological self sabotage I tend to do around monumental weigh ins. But, I still lost and today is the start of a new week!

XLMuffnTop
02-27-2012, 09:05 AM
Still in the early stages of WW so I'm still losing fairly quickly, which I know will level off. Despite that, I'm very excited that I had weigh-in this morning (WW @ home) and I'm down 3 pounds this week! :carrot: Weekends are a rough time for me food-wise. I'm home all day and just walk in the kitchen and stick my head in the fridge without thinking about it. I tried to be much more conscious of my eating and whether I was hungry or not, which is why I weigh on Mondays.

On a side note, my husband got donuts Saturday morning, ice cream Saturday night, pepperoni pizza, M&Ms and Twix and I didn't have any. I did have pizza but it was thin crust with pesto, pine nuts, sun dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts. I actually think it was better. I don't know what's happened to my will power but it seems to be in the ON position and I'm not complaining!

I hope everyone has a great start to their week. Happy Monday!

Jennifer 3FC
02-27-2012, 10:19 AM
I pre-planned for the first time. I usually just plan as I go, but last night we had a big 'family' dinner so I had to get prepared. I knew what everybody was bringing, and yesterday morning I calculated points and measurements. After I had dinner planned, I worked lunch in to the equation. I brought along my own sweet potato to dinner and ICBINB spray. (and a TBSP of splenda brown sugar) I skipped some things (cheesy casserole), and others I had a half cup of, and even worked in a piece of pie. I was really proud of myself! Planning has always been my weak point. I tend to plan on the fly, which is really not smart.

Hi CutieCourt! I weigh on Thursdays, also. Nice to meet you!

XLMuffnTop
02-27-2012, 11:06 PM
Insert pathetic sign here....

My drawing instructor is so discouraging I leave class every day feeling worse and worse. After tonights class I want to fall face first in something rich and chocolatey. :stress:

I have a semi chocolate three point desserty thing that I will make do because I have a whopping 10 points left for the day. I am so ready for Monday to be over.

Samanthia
02-27-2012, 11:18 PM
I weighed in on Sturday and I was down 2.8, that is a big loss for me! I was so proud. I figure if I keep tracking (which I wasnt doing before) and work out 4-5 days a week I will pull be able to get 2.8 again this week which will bring me into the 170's. I havent seen that number in a good 10 years. After that its a pound and a half then im at my 40 pound mark.
I am getting married in September and wanted to have 50 gone by August so I could do my alertions, if I keep up the way im going I will have 50-60 in no time! Im trying to stay positive and understand my hunger signals. I have really good willpower and I am learning how to say NO, its coming pretty good so far!
Well hope all you fine ladies and gents have a great week. Look forward to being a part of the group!

mammasita
02-28-2012, 07:48 AM
Hey everyone :D

I weighed in this morning and had a whooping .1 loss. I'll take it, between being sick, not getting my exercise in like usual and my work dinner last Thursday. I'm good with that.

@tudor - its all good, we're at the same place this week. A non gain is still a victory IMO.

nancylmrn
02-28-2012, 12:03 PM
Well chickies I so hope I can break this plateau! I tried to do the wendie plan last week...I lasted 4 days then blew it :( so no wonder since the first week of Jan I have only lost 2.0 pounds.

So I was talking to my DH this morning and told him I have got to take the vino out of the house I do think that is my problem. Even though I am within my points I think that may be the culprit ...so new week

but I do want to share my NSV...don't know if you remember about a month ago I went shopping in my garage in the tub of clothes I had not worn in (dare I say) years. Well this morning I slipped on my first single digit skirt...Mind you it is a bit bigger than normal single digit but it sure has given me a mood boost

CutieCourt
02-29-2012, 11:57 PM
Tomorrow is the big weigh-in #1! Omg. I am pretty excited about going. I dont think I have ever been this pumped about weight watchers as many times as I have joined. Points plus is great and it helps I could eat spinach and greens with every meal!
I want to keep the fire burning inside of me through this journey. Glad I have a group of people to experience this journey with.

Tudor - .2 is great! As long as the scale is going down:)
Jennifer - Hi & high-five for thursday weigh ins. (It helps keep me going through the weekend (seems to be when Im the worst!)
Nancy - This may sound like a stupid question but what is a vino?

nancylmrn
03-01-2012, 08:30 AM
Well my new scale arrived from walmart last night and this morning was my first time steping on it and.....it showed I weighed less than my old scale.. .whoo hoo another mind boost! I need them to get back on tracking and exercise. I have been to the gym 2 days out of 3 so far and will be back tonight.

cutie vino = wine

Tudor Rose
03-01-2012, 09:29 AM
I've started doing the Couch to 5k (http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml)running plan. My sister told me about it a few months ago, but it wasn't until I started jogging/running on my own recently that I decided to try it. I like it because it helps build you up to running a 5k over a couple of months and only takes 3 times a week.

Right now I'm still on week 1, but I found an app on my phone that I can use that logs my workouts and tells me when to jog and when to walk and I have a mix I use while running. I've started doing it after work so my exercise schedule is turning into Mon: C25k, Wed: C25K, Fri: C25k & Swim, Sat: Yoga. I also like that, if I'm busy on Fridays during the day (I get three day weekends and I sometimes volunteer Friday mornings), I can just move the 3rd C25k day to Sat or Sun!

nancylmrn
03-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Good for you Tudor!
I did the C5K several years ago (actually 2.5 years ago) I set a goal to finish a 5K and made it back then..I even went so far to run 4miles then I lost my motivation and quit.

Guess what happened? I gained back all the weight I had lost so hence that is when I started back on here in Sept. This time though I joined a gym and prepaid for a year. I go 4-6 times a week after work and I enjoy it.

Did I mention I figured out why my weight loss has stalled for two month? I have been tracking my food on mfp and instead of plugging in my number in my ww calculator I was just going by the calorie intake--big mistake--I was overeating my points by almost 10 a day! So now after each entry I calculate my points and make a note of how many I have eaten that day, what a difference

angelsgirl1983
03-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Started walking on my lunch break and man I love it! :cp:

It has helped me to stay focused after work, because walking for 15mins in a steep incline is very difficult when your heavy! Then 15 mins back and some lungs down hill are hitting my thighs and all before 1pm! :carrot:

Gonna hope for a good weigh in this Monday and let's all start walking at lunch time!!

tessendicott
03-01-2012, 08:41 PM
CutieCourt-Welcome back!
Tudor Rose-I CANNOT believe how many points those Reese eggs are! I wanted one until I calculated it! Glad you got to enjoy though! I'm slightly jealous, think I may allow myself one this week. Mack bought some Girl Scout cookies, but we haven't received them yet. Luckily, they aren't that many points. I love the couch to 5k program. I need to get started on it again.

I lost 2.0 this week, so I'm happy. Been eating all of my points and it's going about the same as not eating all my points.

Chele615
03-02-2012, 06:19 AM
Angelsgirl - That's awesome that you started walking at lunch time!!! I wish that was an option for me, but we get 22 minutes for lunch, so there isn't much time for anything besides eating as fast as I can and maybe using the restroom before the kids get back! haha

Those Reese's eggs are the DEVIL!!! But oh so freaking good!!! The mini version of the eggs aren't as bad points wise, but then you're forced to be diligent about eating only one and we all know how hard that can be.

Tudor Rose
03-02-2012, 08:21 AM
Those Reese's eggs are the DEVIL!!! But oh so freaking good!!! The mini version of the eggs aren't as bad points wise, but then you're forced to be diligent about eating only one and we all know how hard that can be.

I have a bag of the mini ones in my freezer :o I was terrible with them last weekend, but this week I'm being *much* better about only eating one. Twice this week I worked my points so I had the extra points at the end of the day to have one after work. And I made sure to take as long as possible to eat it!

nancylmrn
03-02-2012, 12:30 PM
anglesgirl good for you for starting to walk at lunch that is so awesome.

Well I am liking this new scale I got. I did my first "weigh in" yesterday morning and it showed I was 3lbs less than my old scale and this morning it is showing I am down another 2...what is going on? I hope this stays this way until my real weigh in Monday

XLMuffnTop
03-02-2012, 12:39 PM
I got my new scale in as well and really like it. My weight hasn't moved around too much but I hope upping my water due to all my higher sodium foods helps. I've been so busy I'm relying on too many frozen things and soups and haven't had time to stock up my fridge and freezer with my homemade meals. While these crutches are fine calorie/point wise, the sodium is a bloat master!

Oh, and happy Friday!!!!!!!! :hat:

RazzleBerry
03-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Hello everyone, my name is Razz and I'd like to join you! I just had baby #3 last month and am ready to lose this baby weight for the last time! I lost 125 pounds with WW after baby #1 in 2007. Lost all my baby weight again with #2 in 2009 and then gained a ton of weight after a miscarriage in 2011 (total emotional eater). I gained 34 pounds with baby #3 and lost 22 as of 2/27, my first day OP.

My first weigh in is on Monday and I've had a pretty good week so far! My starting weight is 190 and my goal is 125! I'm doing the Momentum plan on my own at home. Being on maternity leave, I can't afford to attend meetings right now.

Nice to meet everyone!

nancylmrn
03-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Welcome Razz! and congrats on the new baby!
Well today I have to attend my niece's wedding reception after working 1/2 a day so will not get a chance to go to the gym...and all that bad food to boot. It is being catered at a local resturant so I am not in control. I did look online at the menu and might be able to get by some grilled seafood.

Jennifer 3FC
03-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Hi Razz! Welcome to 3FC! :)

Nancy, good luck at your reception. Maybe you can sneak in a little fresh fruit, that will blend in with the dinner?

fatmad
03-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Hi all: going to a friend's for tea this evening and made some brownies. If nothing else, I like that I can control the points in them. The are the size of normal cupcakes (made them in my own muffin tin) and used the online recipe builder. Used splenda for sweetener, and applesauce to replace most of the oil, and in addition to flour used oatmeal and almond flour, and cocoa, so they are pretty low fat, and full of power foods. Feeling kinda pleased with myself.
Since I missed last weeks meeting for work, I went to a different one in a city not too far away. Turns out the place is a headquarters for ww, and it was a large meeting, though several people knew each other there.
Liked it even less than my own meeting, where I am getting to know folks. For now I will stick with the meetings in my own small town, when I can, and just go weigh in as needed if I can't go to that. I don't love it, but want the accountability. I didn't lose in the last week, but think I am going down this week, and am determined to be under 170 by the end of the month. I seem to have been stuck at this weight for a long time and really have trouble getting under this since I have been working at losing weight. ( I got under 170 briefly on Atkins, but sat at 173 for the longest time. It seems to be my "setpoint" I guess. )
Gonna really buckle down, but it IS hard. I have been having trouble being hungry some days, and need to up my power foods.
Acrtivity points, here I come!

bt2155
03-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Hi Ladies!

I'll be going for my 3rd weigh in on Wednesday (I usually go on Tuesdays, however I have a work meeting this week) and am very excited. I love going to the meetings and hearing about others success as I really do feel more empowered after every meeting.

I am nervous about this week though. I've been really cutting back and holding true to my points, however I don't feel any different this week. I just hope that things are happening for the best and I can't see it yet!

I'm so glad that I joined though! It's been amazing and I've never felt so motivated to lose weight in my life.

Glad to "meet" all of you and look forward to hearing about all of your success as well!

XLMuffnTop
03-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Hope everyone did well on their weekend. Friday was slightly rough for me as DH and I went out to eat. But I got half an adobo sandwich, no chips or fries but didn't do too great with baked lentil chips and light veggie dip. I had plenty of weekly points but I still didn't plan it and got a tad frustrated.

I've really got to get my emotional eating in check though. I've done pretty well so far but this semester is going to be really rough on me. Everytime I have homework for my drawing class I end up in tears. My instructor goes on and on and on about everything thats wrong with my work in front of the class, we're talking 10-15 minutes. Then, as if to make it OK, she ends it with "But it's good." I'm ready to pull my hair out! My mantra is "Make it to May!" and be as strong and possible not to eat my emotions in chocolate. Thankfully DH just gets a chocolate egg at the store and eats it right away so nothing bad is sitting around the house.

Wow, that ended up being a pity party but I feel a little better after ranting. :shrug:

RazzleBerry
03-05-2012, 10:41 AM
The weekend went well! It was MIL's birthday yesterday and she had a dinner at her house. I planned accordingly and had a big salad, shrimp scampi and even chocolate cake for dessert. I skipped the garlic bread and ice cream. I brought my own Ronzoni smart taste spaghetti and a cup of mixed veggies to "beef up" the scampi. I used 10 weekly points, not bad at all!

The scale was very good to me this morning! I was down 6 pounds this week!! I was not expecting such a big loss, especially without exercise. I'm waiting for my OB to clear me at my 6 week appointment before I start.

Muffin - Your teacher sounds like a real peach, ugh. So rude! 8ish weeks left to deal with her. Can you exercise when you get home to blow off some steam, instead of reaching for the chocolate? A kickboxing DVD would be good after this class! :)